Old 10-06-2008, 08:38 AM   #406  

hey blue - it's monday...don't forget to weigh-in

Congrats to everyone posting a loss this week. Unfortunately I'm not one of 'em. I maintained. Oh well...better than a gain.

Must go workout.
Old 10-06-2008, 08:47 AM   #407  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Oh, Bluesers! I forgot to share....I passed my bumper number! I've been at this since November 06 and I have never managed to make it past 224. Well, that's in the past, baby! I'm at the lowest weight I've been in 3 years.

Last edited by GirlyGirlSebas; 10-06-2008 at 08:48 AM.
Old 10-06-2008, 09:38 AM   #408  
Trying it again....

S/C/G: 237/237/145

Height: 5'4"

Hey everyone!!!! Went totally off plan this weekend. Dont know what happened but hopefully I can get back on this week. I do have a busy week this week, trying to get all the estimates in for damage to our home from the hurricane. Better get going and get ready for the gym. Be back later.
Old 10-06-2008, 09:40 AM   #409  
dla
Denise

S/C/G: 321/ticker/175

Height: 5'-10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlyGirlSebas View Post
Oh, Bluesers! I forgot to share....I passed my bumper number! I've been at this since November 06 and I have never managed to make it past 224. Well, that's in the past, baby! I'm at the lowest weight I've been in 3 years.
Congratulations!! That must feel fantastic!
Old 10-06-2008, 09:41 AM   #410  
dla
Denise

S/C/G: 321/ticker/175

Height: 5'-10"

I am fully back on plan after being on vacation for a week. It feels good to be back in a routine although I am missing all of the great exercise classes! (I can't believe I am saying that!)

Hope that you all have a great on plan week!
Old 10-06-2008, 09:45 AM   #411  
Twilight Nov. 21st '08

S/C/G: 386/363/150

Height: 5'7

I so wasn't going to work out today because once again I have my sleep schedule all mucked up. I was up till 2am working on my class work that needed to be turned in by 2am. So by the time I wound down it was too late to go to sleep for fear I would wake up late to take my son to school. I knew I needed to go to Curves to weigh myself but I had already decided I wasn't going to work out today. After I got there I was talked into working out and I did it in flip flops with a hat on my bed head and NO BRA! It wasn't a pretty site, but at least I got it done. I know better now than to try to sneak in on a Monday with HER there and not be ready to workout.

As for the weigh-in I only lost 2lbs this week. I was slacking on my food journal and my water, not to mention my eating schedule is a mess too. It's wonder I lost anything, so I will take it and be happy and just do better this week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fauxtini View Post
Christina: I used to live for wendys.. an dit's so funny how things just arn't that good afterall when you look at it with a different mind set! good for you for staying away! Screw you, frostys!! hehehe
Yeah, it was actually gross it was so sweet. I surprised myself pouring it down the sink though, it's always been really hard for me to throw food away like that. It was really easy to do this time.
Congrats on the 50lbs gone for good! I know that just the 18 I have lost has made a world of difference in my lifestyle, and I can't wait to get to the 50lb club with ya.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doragone View Post
Christina - what a great daughter you are to be a guide to your mom, even if she doesn't listen. Perhaps as she sees the changes in you, she'll "get it", or at least tone down the calories a little. Keep up the good work for your mom and for yourself.
Dora, thank you for that. I sometimes feel like the parent when it comes to these things. I have even gotten angry with her because I don't understand why she hasn't realized how bad I need this and done more to help me. It's OK though, after almost 40 years of smoking I got her to quit with me. We will be 4 years smoke free on her birthday, November 21st. So I know as long as I am adamant about this she will have to stick with it. That just gives me more incentive to succeed.

K, I am off to post my weight and get something to eat b4 I crash. I hope we pull off another win this week. Have a great OP day everyone.
Old 10-06-2008, 11:06 AM   #412  

S/C/G: 221.8/221.8/160

Height: 5'3

Good Morning Blue!!!

I haven't really been on at all this weekend, so I skimmed through the posts, but forgot half of it...hehe. My boss is taking our department out for lunch to the Macaroni Grill, I hope I find something yummy to eat that is healthy! Have a OP Day everyone!!
Old 10-06-2008, 12:41 PM   #413  
Intuitive Eater

Hey all,
I'm trying to get myself back on track after a lousy weekend of binge eating. If I make it out on the other end of this challenge, I sure hope to have this binging under control if nothing else!

One day at a time.
Old 10-06-2008, 01:20 PM   #414  
Mind over platter

S/C/G: 215/195/144

Height: 5'5"

Morning BLUE Team!

Monday weigh in day ....I have a small loss for this week. Between my Debate party last Thursday night and 2 weekend eating events I had some well, we'll just call it caloric beverages which really seem to stall my weight loss. My exercise is on track, however! I exceeded my 300 minutes a week goal and I'm ready to do it again this week!

For those of you interested in an informal, 5k (which is just 3.1 miles of movement) there is a 3FC "virtual" 5k coming up this weekend. You can go check it out and sign up HERE. I signed up for the first 5k as a walker, began regularly walking that distance or more, interspersed with jogging, and NOW 6 months later I'm hoping to jog all of this one! Plus its a great way to encourage others here and support your fellow 3fc'ers in their efforts toward better health. Go check it out!

Congrats Rhonda on breaking thru that barrier! Good things ahead for you!

scarahjs cute avatar pic!

Pinto good job making the best choices in a food-centric place, I know how hard that is!

Heather onward to this week!

All the rest of you blues, its October 6...LET'S GET A MOVE ON!
Old 10-06-2008, 02:39 PM   #415  
Believing is Seeing

S/C/G: 260/188/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlyGirlSebas View Post
Hi Bluesers!

I'm very proud to report that I've actually had a loss for 3 weeks in a row. I'm on a roll! I'm determined to reach Onederland this year. Wouldn't it be nice if I reached it by the end of this challenge? Who's on the Onederland train with me? Let's do this!!

Have a great on-plan day.

GO BLUE!
Woo hoo Rhonda! I'm running(walking) as fast as I can to get the handle on that Onederland train . . . I'll catch it . . . I just know I will . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristinaGetsFit View Post

As for the weigh-in I only lost 2lbs this week. I was slacking on my food journal and my water, not to mention my eating schedule is a mess too. It's wonder I lost anything, so I will take it and be happy and just do better this week.

Dora, thank you for that. I sometimes feel like the parent when it comes to these things. I have even gotten angry with her because I don't understand why she hasn't realized how bad I need this and done more to help me. It's OK though, after almost 40 years of smoking I got her to quit with me. We will be 4 years smoke free on her birthday, November 21st. So I know as long as I am adamant about this she will have to stick with it. That just gives me more incentive to succeed.

K, I am off to post my weight and get something to eat b4 I crash. I hope we pull off another win this week. Have a great OP day everyone.
Christina - I wish I only lost 2lbs this week! I'm ecstatic over 1! And getting someone to quit smoking is huge, plus you did it too - you've got many successes under your belt. This weight thing will be the next.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Serenity View Post
Hey all,
I'm trying to get myself back on track after a lousy weekend of binge eating. If I make it out on the other end of this challenge, I sure hope to have this binging under control if nothing else!

One day at a time.
Blue - I'm feeling pretty down too that I can't lose though I've been good (since I threw out the friendship bread, that is) . . . You will get your bingeing under control, just stick with us, talk it out. You're right . . . one day at a time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixjean View Post
Hi All,
congrats on the big losses everyone!
Vix - miss your smiling face - how are you doing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsGreat2BeMe View Post

But by Friday...I had lost 45 pounds HOOOOOOOOOOORAY!!!!!

Then DH came back from his hunting trip (no moose, thank God! Don't tell him I said that)...he had been gone 8 days and found that I looked so much smaller *BIG SMILE*

Well.....Went to a REGULAR store, found a coat, short with a belt at the waist, in a regular size XL and IT FITS!!!! I am wearing a coat with a BELT!!!!

Half way to my goal weight and today...I feel like a million bucks!! I wish a weekend like this for everyone of you!!! 40 is Fabulous :-)

And finally, thank you so much for the nice comments on my posted pictures. Means the world to me!!!
Christina - 45 lbs!!! You must be walking on air, with that, your new coat and new image of yourself! You are so very welcome for the compliments on your picture. Keep up the good work - its inspiring for the rest of us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lose'nit View Post
Hello Everyone,
I guess I've been MIA this week. I haven't even been lurking around much. Haven't felt very well all week so...I haven't been to the gym or taken a walk. Weigh in is in the morning....My fingers, toes and everything else is crossed, hoping that I didn't gain due to not working out. Eating hasn't been that great either.

mj - I have trouble with my knee too so I know how you feel. Hope things go well with your next workout.

Tami
Tami - you, mj and me and our knees! Still working through the acupuncture on mine, been able to keep up the WATP 5 mile, but nothing more or I start to feel the old problem coming back. It's so frustrating when I'd like to bump it up a notch. Good health to both of you in this struggle from one who "feels your pain".

Quote:
Originally Posted by flowingair View Post
Hi Everyone, It was a busy week and not the best from a program point of view. I'm back exercising and will do better this week. Have a great week everyone.
Lori - we are at about the same place (weight-wise) with the same weight goal and not having much progress. I'll boost you and you boost me and maybe we can catch that Onederland train with Rhonda if we just persevere, eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay View Post

So far so good at using up the food I didn't like....I am eating a lot of what tastes kind of like Oatmeal mixed with Quick-crete. But add a little splenda and a little cinnimon and believe it or not...Concrete is edible

I had some interesting red stuff for lunch today. They call it Creme of Tomato soup but there is no way that anyone could take a yummy tomato and make it taste that bad. Again...I think they added concrete mix and then torched it to give it that roased tomato/cement flavor. I added some basil and a little salsa to try to cover that burnt concrete taste..didn't work...Holding my nose and drinking really fast did the trick!

Now I have not resorted to those powdered eggs yet...I'm saving those for when real desperation hits...I'm thinking some sort of veggie omlet. I hate to mix perfectly good veggies with something so vile...but sometimes the spinich just has to take one for the team.

Oh I need my order now!
Donna - you "crack" (cement humor there) me up. Good luck getting your shipment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kissingginger View Post
Hi everyone,

So my challenge for myself this week is to track what I am eating onto fitday. So there! I have to do it, to see real results.

Cheers,
Ginger
Ginger - me too, I used to so faithful, tracking into FitDay but now . . . not so good. Thanks for the reminder.

As for me, 1 lb. which I am grateful for, but truly - I'm disappointed with. Wanted to make Onederland for my birthday, but it looks too far down the tracks to catch it now.

I'm gearing up in my head for the holidays because DH is the one who makes a big deal of the meals for Thanksgiving and Christmas - its all about the food. The turkey is no problem, but the gravy, dressing - then prime rib for Christmas with all those trimmings and the sweets, arggghhh. I need to lose more to boost my spirits. Just hope this thyroid thing is the problem and can be treated soon. Take care all you losers and thanks for taking up the slack while I get back on track - ooh I'm a poet, but that's another story.

ttyl

Dora
Old 10-06-2008, 03:26 PM   #416  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Hi everyone! I maintained this week, which is ok. I didn't do much as far as exercise--ortho's orders and food choices were ok, not great. This week WILL be much better. I have my water bottle ready and my gym clothes in the car waiting for me!

Rhonda--That is fantastic! Great job!

Tami and Dora--So sorry you are in the bad knees club too! Mine is still feeling pretty good today (fingers crossed!) We'll see how it goes at the gym later!

Have a great OP day everyone!
Old 10-06-2008, 03:48 PM   #417  

S/C/G: 221.8/221.8/160

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manick View Post
Morning BLUE Team!

Monday weigh in day ....I have a small loss for this week. Between my Debate party last Thursday night and 2 weekend eating events I had some well, we'll just call it caloric beverages which really seem to stall my weight loss. My exercise is on track, however! I exceeded my 300 minutes a week goal and I'm ready to do it again this week!

scarahjs cute avatar pic!

All the rest of you blues, its October 6...LET'S GET A MOVE ON!
A loss is still better then a gain! Thanks about the pic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mj5 View Post
Hi everyone! I maintained this week, which is ok. I didn't do much as far as exercise--ortho's orders and food choices were ok, not great. This week WILL be much better. I have my water bottle ready and my gym clothes in the car waiting for me!

Have a great OP day everyone!
Congrats for maintaining!!

My lunch at the Macaroni grill wasn't the best choices....But it was really really good. I just have to eat healthier tonight and the rest of the week!
Old 10-06-2008, 04:17 PM   #418  
Focus

S/C/G: 296/ticker/199/

Height: 5'4

Congrats to Donna and Abby on the 50lb weight loss!!!

I got back from Smokey Mountains Tenn. had a really good weekend! The cabin was really nice. We went to Kroger bought a fruit tray, some Lean Cuinse dinners (pizza,steak sandwiches) some Green Giant frozen veg , peppered turkey breast( deli), 35cal.wheat bread, skim ff milk and cereal. My food plan was fine. We ate out a couple of times once at Cracker Barrell. I choose grilled chicken which is wonderful,turnip greens and a baked potatoe(no butter).
Saturday night Bennetts Barbque were having live music on the deck so we ate at Bennetts, I choose a House Salad. Believe me in the past , well I went their for the food! I was really happy with my control of food this weekend!
We had satelite T.V. at the cabin which had a fit channel and we both did some exercising with that. I ask about us going hiking and he laughed. He could not believe I would ever want to do something like that! Man I have changed!
We got so busy with going to Country Tonight music show, flea markets, and save the best for last shopping!!! We are going back the weekend before Thanksgiving with some friends to catch some Christmas shows and......shopping!!!

I have lost 2lbs this week which I am very happy!!!

I must get ready and go to the YMCA now!!! You all keep up the good work!!! I do enjoy reading about you and your world around you!!!!!
Old 10-06-2008, 06:59 PM   #419  

S/C/G: 225/223/150

Height: 5'5''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumplin View Post
Congrats to Donna and Abby on the 50lb weight loss!!!

I have lost 2lbs this week which I am very happy!!!

I must get ready and go to the YMCA now!!! You all keep up the good work!!! I do enjoy reading about you and your world around you!!!!!
Super job! I need to get busy same results three weeks in a row.

Last edited by flowingair; 10-06-2008 at 06:59 PM.
Old 10-06-2008, 07:04 PM   #420  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

I would like to take this time to formally thank Manick for getting me addicted to green beans. I'm now a total green bean freak (like I needed another freak flag to fly.)

Congrats to all the losers this week, great job!!!!