Old 10-02-2008, 10:02 PM   #316  

S/C/G: 253/See Ticker/170

Height: 5'6"

Let's try this....

Thanks for the help ladies :-) xox

Last edited by ItsGreat2BeMe; 10-02-2008 at 10:37 PM.
Old 10-02-2008, 10:17 PM   #317  
Blue Blood

S/C/G: 293/274/150

Height: 5'10"

WOWSERS!!!! You look Great Tammy!
Old 10-02-2008, 10:18 PM   #318  

S/C/G: 253/See Ticker/170

Height: 5'6"

Thanks djay...I think my pics are too big....back to editing LOL
Old 10-02-2008, 10:30 PM   #319  
I heart 3FC

S/C/G: 210/197/135

Height: 5'2" Age: 28

Wow, Tammy, you look AMAZING!

Jaime, Heather, Nori, Reji, I know what you mean about not wanting to change, about a certain number holding you back. I had never been below the 150s for as long as I can remember, and I think I got to feeling like I couldn't do it, or like I couldn't maintain it, like the weight would all come back like it did last time. But it's up to us. We CAN do this. We WILL do this. And it's gonna stick this time.

Does anyone else who runs ever feel like their abs get tired before their legs do? I feel like I could run forever if only I could hold myself upright.

Last edited by just keep swimming; 10-02-2008 at 10:30 PM.
Old 10-02-2008, 10:44 PM   #320  

S/C/G: HW:254/CW:179.8/GW:130

Height: 5'3"

Hello Blue Team! I am feeling much better today. I must have had a 24 hour bug or something. I hope all you other sickies get feeling better soon.

I've decided to start wearing my pedometer. I bought it a couple of years ago but never really used it much. I read an article that said to increase your steps by 250 a day until you hit 10,000. I have a desk job so I only get about 3000 a day. I'm sure that will increase since ds just started walking and is into everything!

Have a great evening!
Old 10-03-2008, 02:47 AM   #321  

S/C/G: 256/203/150

Height: 5'5"

Up at 2:00 AM with acid reflux problems. Ugh! Wake up gasping for air and trying to remain calm. I had turkey tacos but the spice must have been too much. Guess I will do a little surfing and lurking until I can lay back down and try to get some rest. 6:00 am comes early.
Old 10-03-2008, 05:06 AM   #322  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Hi everyone!

Kim--Hope you were able to get back to bed and are feeling better.

I saw my ortho and now he is talking surgery. Ugh. This has always been on the horizon, but we have always talked about it as basically a last resort and not wanting to do it right now....well, yesterday he brought up the "S" word. I actually got teary eyed while he was talking about it (and felt like a big dork!) The good news is, my ortho is WONDERFUL!!! I was in the office for over an hour and he was with me for almost the whole time--explaining things, etc, he did give me another injection (at my request) since the last one is the first time it didn't work, so we'll see how that goes. I'll know in a few days if this one is going to help at all. It is going to take FOREVER to get approval for the surgery b/c it's workers comp and commercial ins and they always fight over NOT paying. It usually involves a trip (or two) to the lawyer and sometimes a workers comp hearing...

I am determined NOT to let this news throw me off course, however. I am going to lose as much weight between now and whenever my surgery is as I possibly can. I am going to get in the best shape I can between now and the surgery. If I am going to have to haul myself around on crutches, I want there to be less of me to haul around!!!!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 10-03-2008, 06:06 AM   #323  

S/C/G: obese/obese/healthy

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristinaGetsFit View Post
I have never tried any and was wondering if some of you could share what you favorites were, in case I decided to take advantage of the special price.
I really like Amy's Soups, well anything Amy's pretty much! My favorites are Organic Alphabet Soup, Organic Chunky Vegetable Soup, Organic Lentil Vegetable Soup, and Organic Pasta & 3 Bean Soup. Good tip on the sale too bad I just stocked up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doragone View Post
Hi B-losers!

Been out of touch, but have read through since my last post and there sure seems to be a trend toward overeating/loss of motivation. I still say its the season and will pass. As for me, I don't think I've mentioned that I am trying to get off synthetic thyroid pills and haven't taken mine since Sept. 1st., so I think this is part of my own problem.
Good Luck, I'm sure it'll even out but be easy on yourself while you adjust.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsGreat2BeMe View Post
Let's try this....

[
You look Great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by just keep swimming View Post

Does anyone else who runs ever feel like their abs get tired before their legs do? I feel like I could run forever if only I could hold myself upright.

He he no it's normally my lungs that say NO MORE WOMAN!!

Okay I'm up and going to attempt the morning run. Peace be with me.

Last edited by Fat Chick B Gone; 10-03-2008 at 06:06 AM.
Old 10-03-2008, 07:42 AM   #324  
Blue Blood

S/C/G: 293/274/150

Height: 5'10"

Good Morning Bluesers!

Not much is new here...just checking in. I did come up with a little something that I hope will help get me more excited about the weight loss game again. I went ahead and ordered the cutest pair of size 14 pants for my Las Vegas trip. I'm thinking if I have them here and can try them on every few days...It will make me work harder! Can't wait till they come in!

I had to cut back on my excersise. I found out that as long as I am on the Medifast, I am not supposed to work out for over 45 mins. per day...I was doing anywhere from 60-120...Ooops! So I am concentrating on making that 45 mins. as intense as possible. I have started running up the flights of stairs! WOW! Yep...that is doing it! Now that is a workout! I feel like Rocky when I'm done!

I hope everyone gets to feeling better and more energized.

Dora, does acupunture do anything for energy and metabolism? That pic looks so painfull, though I have heard it is not at all..

Last edited by djay; 10-03-2008 at 08:22 AM.
Old 10-03-2008, 07:50 AM   #325  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Good morning, Bluesers and TGIF!

My scales aren't smiling yet this week. I have 3 more days to make them work for me. Tomorrow night, we are having our neighborhood ladies' night here at my house. These nights are typically filled with yummy food and drinks so I must be on my guard. I've considered just sipping on a single glass of wine throughout the evening, but I haven't decided for sure. I'm starting to wonder if wine might trigger my migraines. I've not been having my nightly glass of the red since I went back on plan and the number of headaches has gone down dramatically. Of course, removing tons of sugar and processed foods might have the same benefit.

MJ- I'm sorry to hear that your doctor has decided that it's time to seriously consider the surgery. I know how you were dreading this time. But, this might be your ticket to a pain free life. Look for that silver lining, girlfriend.
Tammy - You look wonderful!
Kim - I understand about the acid reflux. If I drink milk in the evening, I'm sure to wake up in the middle of the night with that horrible feeling. Not fun!
Dora- How long have you been taking acupunture? I've thought about getting it for my allergies, but my insurance won't cover for this diagnosis.
Djay - Size 14 jeans? You go, girl!

Have a great on-plan day.

GO BLUE!
Old 10-03-2008, 08:17 AM   #326  
budding cinephile

S/C/G: 225/197.5/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Morning team!

Still coffeeless! Although today is my ritual of sushi Friday. It's been a week or two so I'm excited.

No real big plans this weekend as far as going anywhere. The sun has finally dried up the top soil so I can fix where the rain and gutters messed it up. I went out front to make sure everything was looking okay, and some animal had pottied in my flower bed. It had to be a cat or a dog... but EWWWW! So now I have that to deal with. I need to look into getting 1) leaf guard gutters and 2) getting some stone to edge out the flower bed. When it rained, there was no "wall" to hold everything in, so some of the topsoil migrated to the front yard. Good news is I have grass growing there now.

I'm such a bore I know...

What are your plans or projects for the weekend?
Old 10-03-2008, 08:27 AM   #327  
NROL4W-Stage 5

S/C/G: 207/148.5/125

Height: 5'1.25"

Smile

Morning Team!!!

Hope everyone is doing great...it's Friday! Just checking in this morning, not much going on here except tonight I'm going to my SIL's place cuz of her daughter's birthday. She's a tween now...fun fun times ahead for the mom . Unfortunately, this means not the best food choices available. She's ordering pizza and I'm assuming she's got homemade cake for dessert. I just have to make sure I don't go overboard food wise . Tomorrow we're going to Renn Fest since we could not make it last week cuz of the rain. I can't wait for that...I love it Anyhoo, I doubt my WI is going to be great this week what with TOM, tonight's birthday thingy and tomorrow
Renaissance festival. Although I'm not giving up, going to workout and make sure I don't binge on the food.

Dora, accupunture picture looks painful. Does it hurt when they put the needles in?

Dixie, sorry you're under stress I hope it gets better soon. I agree life's hard and it sucks sometimes. Hang in there.

alwe74, I have a desk job too and I was surprised when I found out how little steps I was getting per day. I started taking stairs now if I have to go up or down. I'm on the 4th floor and now when I leave I use the stairs it adds to my steps/day Plus I've been drinking lots of water so it makes me go use the restroom more frequently which means more steps .

Iwanawurkit, ugh acid reflux sucks. Hope you feel better soon

mj5, you have a great attitude. I like your determination. I really hope things work out soon and the surgery goes well

Heather, your lungs will feel better honestly

djay, here's to the size 14 pants!! What a wonderful way to keep you motivated. I have no doubt you'll be wearing them sooooon!

Rhonda, you are strong! Look how hard you're working on staying OP and working out. So keep that in mind when you feel weak tonight at the party. I know I will keep repeating my mantra too when I go to my SIL's place tonight. I know it's hard but we can do this!

Chelle, it is awesome that you've managed to not drink coffee for so long. Great job girl!!!

Have a wonderful OP Friday everyone!! You guys are awesome!

Last edited by pintobean; 10-03-2008 at 08:32 AM.
Old 10-03-2008, 08:43 AM   #328  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishkatt View Post
Congrats to Jo...
Hey thanks for the kinda words! You're too sweet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay View Post
I went ahead and ordered the cutest pair of size 14 pants for my Las Vegas trip. I'm thinking if I have them here and can try them on every few days...It will make me work harder! Can't wait till they come in!
I find trying on pants very motivating! I've still got a pair of Guess jeans from freshman year of college that I am trying to squeeze into. They are terribly out of style and I'll never actually wear them anywhere but it is motivating to keep trying. When I started this journey I couldn't even pull them past my knees!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlyGirlSebas View Post
I'm starting to wonder if wine might trigger my migraines. I've not been having my nightly glass of the red since I went back on plan and the number of headaches has gone down dramatically.
Wine triggers terrible migraines for me so I only rarely take a small sip. What a bummer for us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pintobean View Post
Tomorrow we're going to Renn Fest since we could not make it last week cuz of the rain. I can't wait for that...I love it
Oh, I've never been to one and they sound like fun! What kinda of trouble do you get up to at it?

Last edited by Mrs Snark; 10-03-2008 at 08:44 AM.
Old 10-03-2008, 08:59 AM   #329  

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by just keep swimming View Post
I totally know what you mean - though like Heather usually it's my lungs to give out first, but there have been a couple runs where everything feels very easy, and I kind of hit a stride... until my midsection gets tired of holding me up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mj5 View Post
I saw my ortho and now he is talking surgery. Ugh.
Ugh indeed. I hope you are able to get everything straightened out as easily as possible. Insurance companies are such a pain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay View Post
I did come up with a little something that I hope will help get me more excited about the weight loss game again. I went ahead and ordered the cutest pair of size 14 pants for my Las Vegas trip.
That's a great idea! I have definitely seen the benefit of having "incentive" clothing. I don't think it makes me work harder necessarily, but having something that doesn't fit over your butt one month, then having something that fits comfortably the next is a HUGE, tangible demonstration of all your hard work paying off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlyGirlSebas View Post
My scales aren't smiling yet this week. I have 3 more days to make them work for me. Tomorrow night, we are having our neighborhood ladies' night here at my house. These nights are typically filled with yummy food and drinks so I must be on my guard. I've considered just sipping on a single glass of wine throughout the evening, but I haven't decided for sure. I'm starting to wonder if wine might trigger my migraines. I've not been having my nightly glass of the red since I went back on plan and the number of headaches has gone down dramatically. Of course, removing tons of sugar and processed foods might have the same benefit.
Of course, alcohol turns to sugar in the bloodstream.... so it could be both Here's a silly idea, could you get some diet ginger ale to sip from a wine glass, and pretend it's champagne? (To yourself if not to anyone else.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chellez View Post
What are your plans or projects for the weekend?
Hey, I don't think there is anything wrong with your weekend plans. Gardening is fun. The weather should hold out for you, too!

No plans/projects here... Looks like I'm going up to my dad's house tomorrow after my meeting if there is no baby by then. If there is a baby, well, to the baby I go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pintobean View Post
[CENTER][COLOR=blue]She's ordering pizza and I'm assuming she's got homemade cake for dessert. I just have to make sure I don't go overboard food wise . Tomorrow we're going to Renn Fest
Deep breaths. You'll do fine Eat sensibly, don't let food be the object of these two events (sounds like there is PLENTY to keep your attention away from food unless you are hungry), you'll be okay!

Well, as I promised a couple of people around here, I ran this morning. Yes, it did in fact require thinking of the massive amounts of disapproval I would receive upon coming in here saying I hadn't run this morning to get me out of bed. Seriously.

I got dressed, walked to the fitness center. It was COLD outside. Fitness center is all dark. Try one of the doors. Key doesn't work. Hmmm. Well, crap, I guess I have a reason not to run, if I go home I can get another half hour of sleep. So I go back home.

I go home and check the fitness center's website to see its hours, and it says it's open from 6am. So why wouldn't my key work? So I go back to the fitness center and realize I had only tried the door that leads up to the rec area, which eventually leads to the fitness area, except that the rec area is only open at 10am. So I circle the building to find the only direct door to the fitness area and aha! It works. I fumble around for the lightswitches and off I go.

You see how many times I could have turned around and stayed home? But I didn't. I ran.
Old 10-03-2008, 10:30 AM   #330  

S/C/G: 214/ticker/175

Height: 5'8

Hi everyone!

Sorry I don't have more time for personals and chatting this week! The new job has a strict no-personal-internet-use rule, so I can't get onto the thread as easily. Bummer!

The good news is that the structure of my new job has brought me back from last week's gain! All this going up and down stairs, across the street to our other buildings, and very structured meal times is such a help. I'm not mindlessly munching all day.

Okay off to make my breakfast and pack up my lunch!