Simply Filling/Core - Core Board Chat #48

View Full Version : Core Board Chat #48

Katpo
07-03-2006, 02:48 PM
It IS #48, isn't it? Hmm ... maybe I should have checked more closely.

Vickie
07-03-2006, 03:55 PM
Saundra, Cameo loved my other Scottie MacDuff but HATES Cassie. Hard to blame her since Cassie wants to hunt her and eat her like prey! Cameo gets the upstairs to the 3 step ranch and Cassie gets the downstairs. I feel bad that Cameo gets lonely sometimes so I try to go up and spend quality time with her. I hope you're enjoying your solitude. I love the hairstyle. Is your hair naturally curly? It seems like that style would be hard to manage with curly hair. I had a bubble bath too today. I laid in there and read a couple of magazines. Life was good until I fell asleep and snorted some water! Note to file. The tub is NOT such a good place to nap. I hope nothing is seriously wrong with Bernie's knee. That would be awful. Keep us posted.

Melissa, I'm not going to Sam's Club today. I decided it was insane to go on the day before a major holiday. I am going to Bath and Body though because the big sale is over on Sunday. Enjoy your Aunt and Aaron. I always figure one never knows how long people will be around. I've unexpectedly lost people close to me so I'm a little on the paranoid side! Good that you got back up on the wagon so quickly. Don't forget, if you had points to cover it then it's not OFF the wagon!

Niki, good to hear from you. What a great setup in your yard. It's nice when you have neighbors that you get along with!

Kathy, Bindy has quite the life! Cassie lays on her back but not on her back AND on the couch. Of course, if she wanted to do it....I'd let her! I'm ok in the eating department today but I learned that tomorrow is going to be hard. The Niece is having a chocolate fountain which she is testing because she wants to know whether or not to also have it for Sarah's christening on the 9th. Sigh! I'm late with TOM and there will be a chocolate fountain. For God's sake.......

I have to go dry my hair and get dressed. We have to leave for PT at 3:40.

Vickie
07-03-2006, 04:17 PM
I finished making the ww pasta salad with FF miracle whip and also made the lemon pop cake. I'm all set for tomorrow. There will be sirloin burgers and I'll bring some FF cheese. I'm looking forward to it!

septembersgoal
New pages! :comp:

Vickie, thanks for the reminder that I'm not completely off-plan. Bless your heart...TOM and a chocolate fountain? :eek: I would be in serious trouble. I need to go find the lemon cake recipe. You've done a great job getting set for tomorrow. :bravo:

I think DH and I might go to Chili's for dinner, and I need to pick up a bday gift for my gf. I hope that you all have a great evening!

Vickie
Kathy, maybe we should have a weekly chat board.

sauniemay
07-03-2006, 04:19 PM
Vickie, glad that you enjoyed your bath. I've fallen asleep in one too, but didn't go under.:) I'm snacking on a blueberry corn muffin. I used the vanilla pudding and only had pinapple/apple cups, which were fine. They are really nice. I found that they did rise, and were a good size. I'm having a cold glass of milk with it.:)
I thought that the do would be good for my natural curl. I'll bring the pic in when I go on Thursday, and see what my gal thinks. It is the length that I want.
Bernie's shift changed and he'll be home by 6:30. He doesn't want to see the doctor yet, and promises not to try to run until he feels 100%. We're going away on Friday, so that will be three days of R&R.

ontarget
07-03-2006, 04:43 PM
hi there, chickies. i've been cleaning bathrooms. they aren't quite vickie-clean, but they are sparkling quite a bit. i need sunglasses.

vickie, i don't know about the poppyseeds. i guess they would be good in the cake. let us know if you try it that way and what you think.

kathy, sounds like you had a good time with family and friends. i wish you wouldn't weigh in the evenings. that seems to keep upsetting you. however, i know how addictive the old iron monster can be and understand your hopping on those scales.

melissa, have you decided what your fun exercise will be? do you and aaron have bikes? just wondering.

frouf, i'm sorry you're depressed. holidays do that to me sometimes. i think just because they are holidays with added stress. my cardiologist told me that any kind of stress is hard on the body whether it be good or bad, and your mil certainly provided some stress. seems i zero in on being overweight more during festive times. maybe it's because we're around more family or maybe it's just because there's more food and i feel guilty. i hope you're feeling more the perky froufie that we all know and love.

vickie, curtis and i went to costco today and got some fresh blueberries that look awesome. i didn't notice where they are from. we ate at subway the other day. had the new tuscan chicken sub. it wasn't core, but it was really really good. today i had a huge core tossed salad for lunch. my friend and i are meeting tonight for water aerobics. i read where you did some water exercises in the pool yesterday. don't you feel proud of yourself? i'll bet you had fun, too. that's an adorable kitty. i am more of a cat person than a dog person. i always had a cat till curtis and i got together. he's allergic plus we travel a lot. so? no pets except for the roses.

thank you saundra. i catch myself telling other shooters what to do (like where to stand, etc...) when we're at the indoor archery range. i usually tell them i'm a retired teacher and can't help being bossy. i'll bet all your shopping is helping you stay in shape. did you find a place for water aerobics? a bubble bath sounds heavenly. i know you enjoyed yours. i like the haircut.

i'm sorry bernie is now among the gimps. i hope he gets some much needed help and is back to jogging soon.

nikki, sounds like you're doing a lot of fun stuff. makes me smile.

melissa, stay on that wagon. you don't want to get run over. remember that scenic journey does eventually get where it's going.

kathy, you are a hoot. you know what? i have tread marks on me from where the wagon ran me down.

it's time for me to head to the menu thread. have a great day, all.

sauniemay
07-03-2006, 04:47 PM
Oh Sandra, I wasn't being critical.:hug: I just think that you articulate so well. Now, I feel awful.:(

ontarget
07-03-2006, 04:50 PM
oh, saundra, i never thought you were being critical. i loved it! i'm sorry you thought i was upset. i wasn't upset at all. i was smiling the whole time i read what you typed. it made me feel good.

sauniemay
07-03-2006, 05:07 PM
Okay hon, now we're both smiling.:) Sandra and :) Saundra

nurseinnc
07-03-2006, 06:41 PM
Good evening everyone (good morning for me:) ) Craig just left for work so I am spending the evening pricing yard sale junk and packing a few things. I will be so glad to at least have the yard sale over with so I will have more room to put some boxes! We are going to the new house tomorrow afternoon to steam clean the carpets, clean the bathroom, cabinets, refrig and stove to my standards. They all look clean but I have to do it myself to know it really is. It should be ok though since we don't have to move any furniture to do the carpets and the refrig is empty!!
We are going to my parents for a BBQ afterwards. They live in North Asheville and we will be about 10 miles north of them. We have to pass the exit to their house to go to our new one.
I hope you all have a great 4th. I better go start pricing:)

Katpo
07-03-2006, 07:22 PM
Glad we're all smiling now! :D

Judd's out grilling (actually talking to his dad -- his parents are in Montana visiting his sister) and I'm done with the inside cooking. Now we're just giving the oven fries a little more time before putting the fish on the grill.

I'm tired for some reason but it's probably just because being off for so many days in a row means I do extra stuff around the house. Ordinarily when I get home at night I'm too tired to do a whole lot. Being home all day, I find myself constantly working. At least I'm keeping busy.

Off to fold more clothes. Sandra, I promise not to get on the scale tonight and if I do, I promise not to get upset about it. I was back to 146 this morning but it's still 2 over where I was just a few days ago. Maybe being home all day isn't such a good thing after all!

ontarget
07-03-2006, 08:02 PM
paula, you sound excited. i'm glad you'll be living near family.

kathy, grilled fish and oven fries sound good. i am proud of you for getting to your goal. you're doing a very good job at staying there, too. i'm tired today, too. it may be the heat. i wish it were cool up here now so your parents could enjoy the weather. it's 90ish.

Katpo
07-03-2006, 08:47 PM
I have no doubt I'll be staying 144-146 forever (or lower). I have to be at a weight for several months before it sticks and becomes the new default. It's like my body is struggling to get to 148 now since that's where it was for so long.

Judd is wanting some ice cream so I guess I'll go get him some. He wants it from Dairy Queen but that's a long way away; I think I can talk him into Sonic instead. ;) None for me, thanks.

sauniemay
07-03-2006, 08:49 PM
We had a couple of episodes of rain, and it really cooled off tonight. Dinner was excellent and I loved having it all ready. I just sliced up some pickles and tomatoes.

Bernie and I went to emergency, and he was told it is a pulled muscle, not a knee problem. The doctor said to stay off it for at least a week. They were surprised at the hospital, cause Bernie hadn't been there since 1988. Thank God he's done well and it's nothing serious.

Now, it's time for everyone to rest up for your big day tomorrow. Hope you have a fun 4th!:carrot:

Froufy
07-03-2006, 10:08 PM
So glad to hear Bernie's knee pain is not serious and can be fixed with a little R&R.

And I too was almost in the 'land of the gimps' as I twisted my knee somehow last night while doing laundry - definitely in pain when walking on it this morning but by later it seemed to have gone away! I do have a massive mosquito bite on the back of my left thigh which is driving me crazy now - and something on the bottom of my right big toe? Not sure if I got a sliver from the deck yesterday or a bit or just irritation? Dh can't see anything there? and it hurts more tonighit than this morning - will have to have another look at it again!

Niki - sounds like a busy weekend for you too! No I did not see monster-in-law. Perhaps I should rent it and invite my mil over to watch with us? :D:D

She is not that old (76) but sure is getting bitter - and making those around her want to stay away. She did end up calling her daughter/my sil yesterday while we were all there - too funny as we all tried to stay quiet. But of course sil did tell her everyone was over so I guess she must have figured it out and realized she was not invited!

Kathy - have fun with the LO - I don't think I could pick up ice cream for someone and not get any for myself? You are a strong woman!

Vickie - do not NAP in the bathtub! But I guess you learned that the hard way? Glad you are all prepared for your 'party' tomorrow! Let us know how the lemon cake turned out.

Melissa - have fun visiting with your aunt - and I hope you get some down time too!

Paula - have a nice visit with your family - and it sure sounds like the 'moving' is coming along nicely! You seem very calm and organized (did I ever mention how much I HATE MOVING???)

Saundra - love the hairdo! I also couldn't believe how windy it was yesterday - today it was windy too but I don't think as much! Was in your 'neck of the woods' today - big visit to Walmart to stock up on my essentials (and then of course things I didn't really need but they sure looked good and the price was right?). Then some groceries at the Loeb!

I went to bed late of course - woke up early - put a load of laundry in the dryer - then was not planning to go back to sleep - just lay down for a few minutes (cuz that left knee was hurting) - next thing you know back asleep til 11:30!!! so had a very late start to the day - like breakfast at 1 pm?

And for some reason - I just can't stop eating tonight? Had some cut up veggies/dip when we got home - prepared dinner (lo hamburger, salad, roast potatoes) at it. Then dessert (sf rice pudding)....then could not resist the challah/egg loaf I got - so a couple of slices of that - then some mv popcorn!!! I don't think I was even that hungry? I think it is misplace 'sunday' night stress as I am going back to work tomorrow? (Yes Melissa - to be independently wealthy and to never have to work again...sigh). Have packed up goodies for work and planning to go to gym after.

I dare not get on the iron beast in the morning!!!

Frouf

Vickie
07-04-2006, 07:58 AM
Good Morning Chicks and Happy Fourth of July to the US Chicks!

I slept ok but no where near long enough. No nap for me later unless I'm brave enough to try to get another one in the tub. I need to stay on my back this time! We are supposed to be at the Niece's at noon so I need to get moving early this morning. It takes me a good hour plus to get ready normally. Now that I have to do most of the chores it takes me longer. I'm stopping at Dunkin Donuts on my way to get myself and my Sister an iced coffee. I'll use FF cream in mine. So, we need to leave here around 11:30.

Today is a really bad day for my pup and kitty. It's been bad for the last couple of nights but it'll be really bad today. I'll leave the house all closed up and put the radio on loud while we are gone. I'm guessing that we'll be home before dark, since Niece wants to go watch the official fireworks show. Fine with me so I can be with my scaredy pup and cat.

Melissa, did you enjoy Chilis? Could I eat Core there? Niece is often trying to get me to go there because she loves the endless chips and salsa. Where you able to find a great gift?

Saundra, I'm so glad you enjoyed the muffins! I think they are just right in size. I can't really recommend the peach ones. They were just WAY too moist, even though I cooked them longer. Blueberry are really the best so far. What great news about Bernie's knee! It must have been a huge relief for him. Now for the hard part.....staying off of it for a week. What is he supposed to do at work? I'm sure he stands all the time!

Sandra, I hope your blueberries are yummy! We don't have a Costco yet. They're just building ours so I'll be looking forward to it soon. Many people say they like Costco better than Sam's Club. I'll have to choose because I'm not going to pay two memberships. I was proud of myself for exercising in the pool. The weather is promising to be hot on the weekend so I'm hoping to be in there alot. I'll miss Jim though! What are you and Curtis doing today?

Paula, you are SO busy! I'd feel the same way about sanitizing the new house.....clean freak that I am. If it's going to be dirty, then it has to be MY dirt. My Niece changes all the toilet seats when she moves into a new house. Makes me laugh! Good luck with the yard sale and have a great time and the BBQ.

Frouf, I'm glad you enjoyed your day with the MIL. It's weird that you have to be at work today. Enjoy your workout at the gym today. It'll be nice to get back into your routine. I certainly need to get back into mine!

Kathy, I'm jealous! I can't cook fish at home since Jim doesn't eat it and can't stand the smell. I can only have it out. All he'll eat is fried shrimp. Being home is actually one of the down sides to dieting. It was easier for me to distract myself from food while I was working. Of course, then there was the stress eating so I guess none of us has a perfect environment, huh?! So never mind....dieting is just hard for everyone!

aghiowa
07-04-2006, 08:41 AM
Good morning ladies! Well, I did fairly well OP yesterday. We had a lunch bbq at my younger sister's FIL's house. :dizzy: That's confusing. Anyway, it was out in the Iowa countryside, and it was a beautiful old farmhouse that he's been renovating. I brought bubbles, a huge ball, and one of those velcro ball-catching games for the kids. And, instead of snacking on chips and sitting around while the food cooked, dh and I played catch for about an hour. My arm is sore now, but I was getting exercise! For the meal, I had a chicken breast, some Core potato salad, a tiny bit of coleslaw, baked beans, corn on the cob. That's the good stuff. For the bad stuff, I had a few chips, and about 3 cookies. All in all, not TOO bad. I'm a cookie monster, so I'm happy I was able to get rid of them later and not have them hanging around tempting me. :cookie:

I wasn't hungry at dinnertime, so I just waited until later when I was hungry. I had some Cheerios, a tiny bit of LO meatloaf, and a nectarine.

So although I didn't stay OP, it was definitely a victory, because in the past I would have really gone nuts.

Today will be another challenge. BIL and SIL (the one from Colombia) will be coming over either for lunch or dinner (or both?) and then out onto the boat to watch the fireworks. In our city, City Hall is on an island in the river that runs through downtown. They set off the fireworks from the end of the island, so out on the boat is a great place to watch. But I'm really foggy about what the food situation will be, so I will just pray for strength. :) It helps that my beautiful bag of nectarines is ripe. Nectarines are my favorite fruit I think.

Anyway, long post today, but I just wanted to recap in my mind. I'm going to do my weekly weigh in in a little bit.

Angela

Vickie
07-04-2006, 08:47 AM
Angela, you GO girl! You did great yesterday and you'll do great today. Even if you have one bad meal it's no big deal...just hop back on the wagon. I love long posts from you. I can tell you are focused. Me too!

sauniemay
07-04-2006, 09:43 AM
Good Morning Vickie and Angela,

It sounds like there's a lot of commitment this holdiday. Good for you. It's better to be prepared than not.

Of course, it's just a run of the mill Tuesday for us Canuks. Bernie is okay to be standing, he's just not suppose to run, so work should be fine. Only thing is that he's slower than usual. I'm going for my last massage treatment at noon. I'll submit my receipts, and that's it.

Okay, I think that I'll do some laundry and tidy up before I get back to my book. Oh, the life of an at home woman.:)

Katpo
07-04-2006, 11:16 AM
Vickie, Costco is SO much better than Sam's in my opinion. The produce is great, the meat looks much, MUCH better and I have found that they're more consistent in the products they stock.

I stayed up til about 1:00 last night so I slept a little longer this morning. Now I'm doing laundry and that's about all I'm going to do today. We aren't going anywhere and nobody's coming over, so it should be a quiet day. Oh and morning weight was back to 143.4 so I was relieved to see that.

Angela, sounds like you had a great day yesterday and another planned today! I hope you enjoy the fireworks!

Better get going ... I just thought I'd stop by quickly between laundry loads.

nurseinnc
07-04-2006, 11:26 AM
Good morning all, Craig is sleeping since he had to work last night so I am finding more stuff for the yard sale. I had to make the potatoe salad and baked beans for the BBQ today. The potatoe salad is core but the beans are not. I jut won't eat very many beans. My mom made apple pie with splenda so other than the crust it should be ok.
It is pretty hot today. Close to 90. For the mountains of Western North Carolina, close to 90 is hot even in July.
Frouf, if you saw my house right now, you wouldn't say I was organized at all! Oh and I really hate moving too but it is worth it to get the house we love out in the boonies!
Vickie, I can sometimes be a clean freak too. I agree, if it is going to be dirty it has to be my dirt. It is always nice to move into a fresh clean house. I have the steam cleaner in the truck ready to go and lots of cleaning supplies.
We may try to fit it seeing some fireworks tonight. I love to watch them. I don't like to shoot them myself but I don't mind watching others. Have a great day everyone. I better go find some more stuff to get rid of while Craig is sleeping.

aghiowa
07-04-2006, 01:00 PM
Okay all, I did my weekly weigh in this morning, and I am down 3 pounds! Some of that is from TOM this week, but hey, I'll take it. :D

Time to go change my tracker...

Angela

Froufy
07-04-2006, 01:02 PM
HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY TO ALL MY AMERICAN CHICKIE FRIENDS!

Hope you are enjoying your day off and taking part in lots of celebrations!

I am of course AT WORK! and hating every second of it. Too little sleep didn't help - had lots of trouble falling asleep last night - and obviously even more trouble getting up today!

Had an unscheduled 'samosa' snack this morning from a co-worker - not on my 'daily plan' but it was really yummy. Just finished lunch and trying to drink more water!

Sounds like a lot of bbqs and parties and fireworks going on - hope the weather cooperates.

I am off to the gym after work...and need to visit the library - might do that after dinner? or ???

Later,

Frouf

Katpo
07-04-2006, 01:15 PM
Angela, congratulations! You're on your way!

sauniemay
07-04-2006, 01:16 PM
Angela CONGRATULATIONS, great loss!

Knew you would do it!

Katpo
07-04-2006, 02:37 PM
Frouf, I must say that's the shortest post I've ever seen you make! :rofl:

Paula, good luck with the yard sale. I need to have one too but it's not so imperative as yours, since I'm not moving any time soon. And congratulations on the new house (I meant to say that earlier but forgot) ... as you know I just LOVE Asheville and plan to visit within the next year or so. My mom has decided I should take my sister's ashes to the Blue Ridge Parkway and find a pretty place to scatter them. That was her favorite area, and her years in Asheville were some of the happiest in her life.

ontarget
07-04-2006, 04:03 PM
kathy, you are 100% right about our bods having default weights. mine for years was in the 170's. recently it's been the 190's. it seems to fight me when i try to lose below. one of my ww leaders (i've had many) said she has to stay near the upper end of the ww goal cuz she'd have to live on lettuce to stay at a lower weight. she chose to weigh the higher amt and be more comfortable with her eating.

congratulations on your fabulous morning weigh in.

saundra, sounds like bernie will soon be jogging again. that's good.

okay, frouf, no more doing laundry for you. we don't want you hurt.

vickie, i know you're having fun at the party. enjoy every minute. curtis and i went to golden corral for lunch. we both did well and had fruit for dessert. you know how it is on the 4th of july--watermelon! we're not doing anything else today but staying in keeping cool. we will watch the fireworks display down in the valley from out deck tonight. it's always magnificent. (and romantic)

angela, congratulations on making good choices yesterday. i'm sending you ;) ;) ;) for today. you're a steel magnolia and will do fine. congratulations on losing 3 lbs. that's amazing!

paula, enjoy your day. curtis had some campfire beans at golden corral today. they tasted a lot like baked beans to me. (he gave me a taste.) have you had any? i'm going to look for a recipe and see if i can "core" it.

have a great day, all.

sauniemay
07-04-2006, 04:48 PM
I decided to stay with therapy a little while longer. I'll go every two weeks and just pay. My therapist thinks she can help Bernie in a quick manner. I've made and appointment for him to see the doctor at the clinic, as a referal is necessary for our plan. Of course, I haven't told Bernie about this.;)

Kathy, I'm lost on Ebay. I see an buy it now price, but don't see where I can bid. HELP please!

Sandra, any plans for today? Are you and Curtis still looking for a lot to build on?

Frouf, careful with that laundry. I'm so acident prone, that I'm always watching those stairs very carefully.

Speaking of which, better go down and bring up load two.:)

septembersgoal
07-04-2006, 05:16 PM
Saundra, I don't know if I missed something, but about your ebay question, some items do not have an option to bid. Some are only buy it now. When you click on an item description there should be a spot right in the middle of the page that have a spot to bid, and below will say "buy it now..." If there isn't a spot to bid, it might be a buy it now only option. Just a thought, hope it helps.

sauniemay
07-04-2006, 05:20 PM
Thanks Melissa, that's probably the case.:)

Katpo
07-04-2006, 06:59 PM
If you see something that says buy it now (BIN), you would just click that. If they started it as an auction and added a BIN, and you are the first bidder, the BIN goes away. There's a new (well, sorta new) option though that it can be strictly a BIN price and not be an auction. That's probably what you were seeing.

Confused now?

sauniemay
07-04-2006, 08:14 PM
So, I sent the seller a message asking if he's taking bids on the item.

Is this WW Core, or EBAY 101?

I hope everyone is having a great holiday!:)

septembersgoal
07-04-2006, 08:40 PM
:lol: It's a little bit of everything!

ontarget
07-04-2006, 09:20 PM
saundra, i think you're wise to stay in pt. i'm glad you're getting bernie into it, too. we are halfheartedly looking for land (5-10 acres), but we have been looking around our place thinking how much we like it. sure makes a difference with roses blooming and fruit on the trees. we have a cherry tree in the front that is ready for picking. apples, pears, and plums are still in process. to move, we'll have to find "the" place. i'm really thinking we'll stay here. but ask me tomorrow and i may have a different story. we keep flipflopping on this.

i had some core popcorn and a diet coke this afternoon. felt sinful it was soooo good.

tonight we'll watch fireworks in the valley below from our deck.

Froufy
07-04-2006, 10:49 PM
Saundra - too funny about watching myself in the laundry room - no stairs for me - I actually have a 2nd floor laundry room, right outside my bedroom (highly recommended by the way) so at least I can't go down a flight of stairs!

Angela - way to go - very inspiring - keep up the good work!

Sandra - hope you had a lovely display of fireworks and are still enjoying the roses, cherries, plums, apples and pears tomorrow!

...which reminds me must go check my ebay bids to see how I'm doing. I actually did 'win' a couple of skirts the other day. Lane Bryant - one black long kinda crystal pleated chiffon overlay on black, and a more 'peasant' like one, long, flared - black alternating w/pink/purple flower pattern! Thought they could be something to wear on the cruise for the less formal evenings? and both cost about $17 US!!! (plus shipping of course).

I was very bad tonight - seems like the 'home environment' is my downfall? Came home fromt the gym - dh had roast chicken ready to go...I made a sweet potato in microwave and some buckwheat/bowties as well - but first a slide of bread went into my mouth. Then had dinner - then had seconds - then felt bloated....then had another piece of bread....then ds wanted ice cream and there was a couple of spoonfuls left in the tub so I had that...then dd had baked a marble cake w/chocolate icing - so I had a piece of that as well....wow - what an eating machine. How can I possibly lose weight if I continue to eat like this in the evenings? Maybe need to get out of the kitchen as soon as dinner is over?

Good news is I did go the gym after work (thank god for that) and obviously have to go tomorrow as well! That or some duct tape for my mouth!

Frouf

Vickie
07-05-2006, 08:10 AM
Good Morning Chicks! I'm very tired. We had to stay up until after 1:00 before Cassie would go outside. She really had to go but was too scared. Anywhoo, Jim got back up at 6:15 and it woke me up too. He has PT at 11:30 so my day needs to get moving shortly. I have NO idea what to make for dinner so we are probably going out.

It got quite cool here last night so I opened up the house for some fresh air. I have no idea what the temperature is supposed to be today. Still it's nice to have fresh air if only for a while.

The party was great fun yesterday. I ate too much but almost all was Core. I had a chocolate dipped strawberry from the chocolate fountain and decided that it wasn't that exciting. I acually prefer a piece of Dove dark chocolate to messing around with the fountain. The lemon pop cake was very yummy and completely worth 3 points. Next time I'd skip the poppyseeds since everyone doesn't like them. I brought a couple of pieces home, since Jim didn't get a piece yesterday and I'd like another.

Now I've just got to figure out what my routine is going to be. I must start losing weight again. I'll be introspective for the next couple of days while I figure it out.

Let's go see what you are all up to.

Vickie
07-05-2006, 08:24 AM
Saundra, it's a relief to know that Bernie can still do his job without making his knee worse. And, I'm very glad that you're staying in therapy even though you have to pay for it yourself. It would be short sighted to stop if you foot isn't better yet AND they say they can still help you some more. I'm guessing they'll reach a point where they'll say this is the best it's going to get. I'm hoping your foot is like new by then!

Kathy, congratulations on being back down under 144. You sure are an inspiration for maintenance! It's good that you had a quiet day. You needed one. I love the idea of scattering your Sister's ashes in a place she loved. For me and Jim it would be the ballpark!

Paula, Jim and I feel the same way about fireworks. We LOVE them but have no desire to shoot them off ourselves. You know the Chicago White Sox where the first baseball team to do fireworks. Since I was a kid they've been having a fireworks show after Saturday night games. They are SO spectacular and are even set to music. We didn't see any fireworks last night since we we busy comforting our doggy/kitty.

Angela, OMG! Congratulations on dropping almost a THIRD of what you are trying to get rid of. I'm so very proud of you and encouraged for myself at the same time!

Sandra, you and Curtis are just like me and Jim. We have SO much fun together. I need to start considering fruit as dessert. It would save me many WPA's! I love all kinds of beans so I'm looking forward to your coreified baked beans recipe. Did you see my note about your friend's lemon cake? It was good. Now certain people look for my ww dessert at parties so they can try to save calories and have something tasty. I wish I could be at your house to eat all that wonderful fruit picked straight from the trees. Is it good?

Frouf, what's a samosa? I understand about the eating at home dilemma. It's not easy....not that I'm making excuses.....:(

Ok...off to the menu thread!

sauniemay
07-05-2006, 08:59 AM
Vickie, great idea, I just opened some windows here too. Actually, I'm having someone come in today to give an estimate on moving the air conditioning unit from the back of the house to the side. We had the system put in when we bought the house from the builder, and weren't asked where we wanted it. It's on brackets at the back, where we put a deck three years ago. It would be so nice to get rid of the noise too. So far, it seems to be over $1000.00, which is nuts. I figure $500.00 would be acceptable.
Glad that you had fun yesterday. You really have been taking care not to go off plan. Bringing the ww deserts is a great idea. I brought a blueberry muffin to my therapist yesterday, and she loved it. I put the recipe through e-tools and they are only 2 points. They're a hit for either plan.
I bought a Mr. Coffee iced tea maker (another toy), and made a quart of raspberry herbal yesterday, which I drank easily. It's a great way to have required water. I wish now that I had an automatic ice maker on my fridge.:)

Frouf, we were suppose to move to Central Park originally (they put the wrong house on the lot), and the laundry was on the bedroom floor. This house is almost the same plan, but bigger rooms, and laundry in basement. I figure the exercise is good for me.:dizzy: It's a nice day here to go for a walk. Bernie is working split, morning and evening, so maybe we'll take a little stroll later. His appointment is for 2:30.

Sandra, I know what you mean. Your present house sounds so beautiful. When you mentioned watching the fireworks, it sounded absolutely magnificent. Combined with the roses and trees, it's a difficult decision. I'm sure whatever you decide, it will work for you and Curtis. Oh, the pros and cons.:)

Melissa, did you visit with your aunt yesterday? Hope you had time for Aaron as well. I didn't here from Ebay yet. It's only a book, so maybe I'll just pay full Canadian price and bite the bullet.

Kathy, glad you had an easy day yesterday. Did you have your leftovers?

Okay, time to see what has to be done today, which isn't too much. I think I'll have another bath, sounds like a plan....

septembersgoal
07-05-2006, 09:00 AM
Good morning all! :sunny:
It's a rainy day here today but it's also cool, which is nice. I'm feeling good because I get to leave today at 5pm (I usually stay till 6:30-7 on Wednesdays). I will have to go to church for a little while but I'll just be happy to get out of here. ;) I even wore a skirt, which is highly unlike me. I got it on Saturday, it's a black and off-white print and fits really comfortably. Anyway, enough about that.

Vickie, sorry you two had to stay up late. Murphy did go out but was growling and running all over the place trying to figure out what was going on. He's a crazy pup. I hope that you have a good day and get something core-iffic for supper. :)

Frouf, your ebay finds sound really nice. And I too understand about eating troubles at home. Especially right after I go to the grocery--I want to eat everything in sight! I hope that you had a restful evening and feel good today.

Sandra, I say you take all the time in the world to decide whether or not to move. It sounds like you have a wonderful place there but I can understand wanting something different, too. I think it's wonderful that you found a core snack to feel sinful. :D

I hope that you all have wonderful Wednesdays...:rain:

septembersgoal
07-05-2006, 09:03 AM
Saundra, thanks for asking, yes I went to see the family for several hours yesterday. I'm glad I went of course, but I'm also wishing that I had another day off. ;) Good luck on your ebay-ing. You can get some great deals that way.
I want to get one of those ice tea makers too. I bought my mom one several years ago and she doesn't use it, so she told me that I could have it back. :) Did you just put flavored tea bags in? That sounds so good.

Katpo
07-05-2006, 09:30 AM
Good morning -- quickly dropping by to say I can't stay. Hope everybody has a good day and I'll be back tonight. I'll be working 10-11 hour days for the rest of the week.

septembersgoal
07-05-2006, 09:34 AM
Alright Kathy, I guess you're allowed to work. ;) We miss you though! :D

Vickie
07-05-2006, 09:54 AM
Saundra, that does sound like alot to move the condenser. Jim and I hate that we aren't handy because it costs us so much to pay people to do things for us. I'm really happy that you're enjoying those muffins. I wish everyone else would give them a try. They really help me when I'm craving "baked" goods. I came up with 2 points too.

Melissa, you like black and white, don't you?! The skirt sounds cute. It's fun to be girlie once in a while. I'm glad you're getting sprung early today.

Kath, they have a lot of nerve making you work so hard. How's your foot, anyway?

It's funny to here you guys talking about the Ice Tea maker. I've had one for years and I've been trying to sell it at the garage sale becaue I stopped making tea at home. I think I'm going to pull it out and use it. I stopped drinking iced tea out because I quit caffeine and no one makes decaf ice tea. It just occurs to me that I can make decaf ice tea at home. Thanks Saundra and Melissa!

aghiowa
07-05-2006, 10:30 AM
Good morning ladies! We're getting a slow start to the day here. We were up late out on the boat watching the fireworks. The kids get so tired when we keep them up late, they don't really enjoy what we're keeping them up for! :lol: But I had a good time, and my youngest dd was loving it. Earlier in the day, she watched a Sesame Street where they showed you how to do the chicken dance. So last night, when the fireworks were going off and the music was blaring, she was doing the chicken dance in the boat! It was a hoot...she's best at the "tail feather wagging" stage of the dance.

I did eat a few cookies yesterday :cookie: but they were oatmeal and they were small...does that count? :D All in all though, I think I did OK with eating. I'm up to 128 this morning, but I'm not too concerned. I'll eat better today.

I have to plan my monthly menu this morning, and go grocery shopping.

Well, I hear my little chicken dancer waking up...later ladies!
Angela

Froufy
07-05-2006, 11:05 AM
All work and no play makes Kathy...... make sure you find some down time for yourself too!

Vickie - I could barely function if I was up that early. Sounds like you had a great time and your goodies were a big hit. Hope you find something delish for supper (speaking of which I don't think I have anything planned either - which is NOT GOOD for munching froufies!).

And let us know what 'flavor' tea you are making - definitely lots of decaf options that you can use in the tea maker!

By the way a samosa is an indian 'turnover'? Dough, triangular shape filled w/veggies (usually potatoes/peas/spices) and then there is usually a thin hot sauce you can serve it with! (My co-worker is Indian and she makes the most fabulous food!). (see here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samosa)

Saundra - definitely get the walk in earlier - they are saying possibility of rain later today! Glad you are continuing with the PT esp if it will help you. Your iced tea sounds very yummy! I just bought a few of those nestea little packets that you can throw in your water bottle if the mood strikes. The citrus tea one is pretty good!

Angela - every family must have one good 'chicken dancer' - and looks like you found yours! I think you did great in showing control! Sounds like a great time for all.

Melissa - I"m sure you look lovely in your skirt! I rarely wear skirts either! Await my e-bay skirts to see how they look! Glad you had a nice visit with your family - and yes we could all use another day off! :D

Sandra - please refresh my memory - I'm sure you mentioned it before but why did you want to move in the first place? I guess you need to weigh your reasons for both and decide (altho it sure sounds like you have a very nice set up right now!).

I am so tired today - I feel like I am not getting good quality sleep? Had trouble falling asleep - and then somehow slept on my hand with my wrist bent back - so this morning that was hurting! It's okay now! And I just don't want to be at work. I find it hard cuz EVERYONE else is at home now - all kids home from school, dh not working so I am the 'lone' person up and out of the house in the morning.

Sunny out now - but a bit gray looking and will probably rain on me later :(

Frouf

sauniemay
07-05-2006, 11:28 AM
It's cloudy and cool now, so you're not missing much Frouf. Are you taking summer vacation days?

I had the air conditioner man in and he quoted me $400.00. Wow, a far cry from $1200.00. It will be done next week.

I found some pretty yucky dirt on the window track in the den when I opened the window. I "Kaboomed" it and it's like new.

Off to make some more tea. I can use bags or loose, it's sort of fun.:)

Katpo
07-05-2006, 01:13 PM
Ack. Just found out I have 12 hour days, Saturday and Sunday included, until the 21st when I leave for Colorado (on the 22nd). I'll need a vacation by then. You won't see me much in the meantime.

sauniemay
07-05-2006, 01:22 PM
Kathy, that sounds crazy. How can they make anyone work that much? :hug:

Katpo
07-05-2006, 02:30 PM
That's the military. I have a lesson that will be tested at site on the 24th and it has to be ready. It's actually about 2 months worth of work, so getting it done in a little more than 2 weeks will be ... um, let's just call it difficult. I'd say more like impossible, but I've done it before.

ontarget
07-05-2006, 03:49 PM
hi, chickies. we've been out most of the day. i had lost a pearl stud earring at the archery range. we went to look for it as soon as they opened this am. it was right on the shooting line. what a miracle that is.

frouf, i'm a grazer, too. i don't know the cure. wish i did. let me know if you find it.

vickie, i'm glad the cake was a hit. don't you feel good when others like "our" food? i highly recommend the banana pudding. if you don't add nilla wafers, it's core. if you do, i think the wafers are 8 for 3 pts. i never eat 8 in my serving of pudding.

i haven't found a baked beans recipe yet to make core. i accidentally typed "c u r e". guess that's what core really is.

saundra, the automatic iced tea maker sounds like a good idea. i am not a good tea maker and could definitely use help. curtis has been buying snapple but that's $$$.

melissa, your skirt sounds cute. is it long or short? have fun getting off early today.

kathy, you sound awfully busy. hurry back to us when you can.

angela, you sound very focused. i'm proud of you. how's your little chicken dancer today? is she rested?

frouf, i'm still laughing at myself. i got samosa and mimosa mixed up and was wondering how you could drink at work.

we were originally thinking of moving so we could have a one story home--mainly because of my arthritic feet. however, the mobic is working wonders and i think i might have several more years of stairs in my future.

saundra, i'm glad you got a fair estimate to move the compressor. that other place is a ripoff.

Vickie
07-05-2006, 04:28 PM
Hey Chicks! I'm home from PT, errands and lunch. Now I'm off to lay on the couch. I was looking for something very unique to give to Sarah as a small gift to go with the $$$ I'm giving her for her christening. I found this wonderful line of angels from Enesco (makers of Precious Moments). I've never been a big Precious Moments fan but I love these. The one I bought as such a beautiful sentiment, especially since she wanted babies SO badly. I'm going to see if I can find a picture of it.

Vickie
07-05-2006, 04:33 PM
Here it is. It's so much more beautiful in person because the wings are all sparkly as is the skirt and the baby's blanket. I LOVE the verse.

http://www.amazon.com/Dedication-Angel-with/dp/B000BCZFKW/sr=8-2/qid=1152131513/ref=sr_1_2/104-8320687-2387916?ie=UTF8

sauniemay
07-05-2006, 04:38 PM
Just got home from an afternoon of looking after Bern. He never likes doctors and it's hard to get him to go. However, he did, and it looks like he has spurs on his knees. It doesn't go away, but there is a possible injection (plan covers 75)%), which may help. Right now, he can't jog, but walking is okay. He has to wait a couple of weeks and then see how he feels.
I'm glad we went, cause we're going away on Friday. Now, he'll have to take it a little easy. We can still go for walks (short for me), and he loves to kayak. The forcast is looking good, so I'm really looking forward to it.

Kathy, hope you come up for air every once in a while. You do seem to work well under pressure.

Vickie, how pretty. Sarah will cherish her special gift from her special auntie.

Sandra, how lucky to find your earing. Isn't it grand when things like that happen? My apricot iced tea was good today. I'm now looking at a Rival snow cone maker that I saw at Walmart. I figure it would be great with all of my DaVinci syrups.:)

Hope everyone is having a good day, and ready to look forward to a nice dinner.:)

aghiowa
07-05-2006, 06:14 PM
Vickie, that angel is beautiful! I think it's the perfect gift.

I'm doing well today...I went grocery shopping over lunch, and knew I would be famished when I came home, so I picked up a Michelina (sp?) light frozen meal so I could eat right after I got home. I thought that was smart.

I'm wondering if I have another sinus/ear infection. I'm super dizzy, my throat and ear hurt on one side, and my sinuses are aching. And I've been taking my allergy medicine, so it shouldn't be allergies. Sigh. I may head to the doctor tomorrow. If it is another infection, I'm going to ask him to discover WHY I'm getting so many. I swear, every 6 weeks or so, I've got one.

I'm off to make dinner now, and revise my menu. Later,
Angela

ontarget
07-05-2006, 07:28 PM
just typed a long post with lots of words of wisdom. it went POOF into cyberspace. now i'm in a bad mood. oh, well, life goes on.

vickie, the gift is perfect. they will love it.

saundra, i can't remember where you and bernie are going friday, but it sounds like you'll have a lot of fun outdoors.

angela, have you been tested for meniere's disease? it's inner ear stuff that causes vertigo. you might mention it to your doctor to see what he says.

got a call from my doctor's office a few minutes ago. the abdominal catscan came back normal. i'm not sure what that means about the cyst but it sounds like good news and i'm not complaining. maybe all these tests are now over for awhile. life is good.

have a good evening. i'm going to water aerobics. they cancelled mon night class and were closed yesterday so i'm behind this week.

talk to you later.

Katpo
07-05-2006, 07:58 PM
I'm finally home from work -- and have no idea what's for dinner! I think I'll make burritos, since they're easy and good. It's a good standby for days like this.

I need to do a few more things and then will be back.

p.a.
07-05-2006, 08:09 PM
Hey chickies,,,one dd is gone home and IM leaving with the other on saturday. I'll be checking in on her pc though..cant get rid of me that easily.
haha.
Have had a great time with dd's,,,done some camping and had lots of laughs. It was sure great to have them home again.
I have to be quick here..i have lots to do before I leave...
thinking of you all...
Ill have more time to talk to you all next week...
chow for now!!

Froufy
07-05-2006, 09:41 PM
Nice to see you Patti - glad you are having fun with your girls - and hope you can drop in again soon!

Angela - definitely a visit to the dr may be in order? I think the frozen dinner was a fabulous idea - I too have come home ravenous from grocery shopping only to inhale whatever I could find!

Saundra - hope Bernie's knee is on the mend - where are you off to this weekend? Weather is supposed to be really good - nice and hot!!!

Sandra - glad you are as normal as normal can be - despite your magical abilities of making posts go poof into cyberspace! :D:D

Vickie - I think that angel is just the perfect gift - you must be thrilled to have found it! When is the big event?

I did not go to the gym on the way home - too tired and feeling crappy. Stopped at the wal-mart to return some stuff - and picked up a small travel size can of hair mousse, some cleansing towelettes and new colorful nail file and two more outlast lip color things! I think that might cheer me up?

Came home and ate too much of course - I just wish I knew what is driving this need to feed? Just finished off a big bag of popcorn and now upstairs so I can stay out of trouble.

I am very very tired as I have not slept enuf in several nights so hopefully I will crash out soon and get a good night's sleep. Problem is dh is out jamming and I will probably wake up when he gets in?

Tomorrow our manager returns from her 3 month language training event! She does her 'oral' test in the morning and then has to wait for the results - if she doesn't get the level she wants/needs she will be returning for probably another 2-4 weeks - which means either my colleague or I will be 'acting manager' again (frankly I'll just let her do it - I am not that interested and it is way more lucrative for her as we get 'acting pay' and my salary is so close to my manager's (like $30 more per week!) that it's not really worth my while in a monetary sense!).

Her return should be interesting as while we are all capable of doing our own thing - she does run a tight ship. I think it will be a readjustment for everyone! I am also now trying to find a replacement for my staff member who is leaving (end of July) and getting desperate esp since we are in such a budget crunch we have heard rumors of 'you can't replace anyone that is leaving"!!! I DON'T THINK SO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Frouf

nurseinnc
07-06-2006, 07:31 AM
Good morning everyone. What a busy day yesterday was. We packed, moved and prepared for the yard sale all day. I finally crashed at about 10. I am up early since I still have much to do for the yard sale. I have to work tonight and tomorrow night so I don't have much time left to work on it. Craig is off Friday night so he will have to finish pricing stuff and putting out signs. I better go eat some breakfast and get busy. Have a great day.

septembersgoal
07-06-2006, 08:47 AM
Good morning everyone...here's to a quick workday. :)

Kathy, that amount of work is crazy. I hope that you manage to get some rest.

Vickie, I love that figurine, and I'm sure she will love it too. That's very thoughtful.

You all have to see this. I think that I'm going to order this and then whenever I eventually get pregnant tell DH with this...
http://images.cafepress.com/product/58304590v1_240x240_F.jpg

Vickie
07-06-2006, 09:24 AM
Good Morning Chicks! Busy day for me so I'm off and running.

Melissa, I LOVE the teeshirt!

Hang in there, Paula!

I'll be back much later.

sauniemay
07-06-2006, 09:38 AM
Melissa, too cute. It will be such a wonderful event!:)

Paula, so busy, sounds like work will be the relaxing time for you.

Vickie, you sound in a hurry. Have a nice morning.

Patti, so nice to see you having fun with your girls. Boys don't take mom along the same way.:)

Frouf, we're off to the Picton area. We plan to visit wineries (you notice that's #1), beaches and go on a boat ride. I've already made the dinner reservations for Friday and Saturday nights, and lunch Sunday. It really gets busy there, so you can't just walk in anywhere. We're bringing a blanket and our new folding chairs, so will be ready for anything.

Today is ME day. I'm off to the infamous manicure and pedicure this morning, and this afternoon, it's eyebrows and hair cut. I'll see if I can get an after pic to post.

Okay, better be off, have a great day out there.:)

Katpo
07-06-2006, 09:52 AM
Popping in and back out. No time to stay -- see you tonight.

Froufy
07-06-2006, 10:14 AM
Sandra - you will look gorgeous for your weekend trip away. We used to live in Belleville for a while (don't ask!) and often drove over the bridge to Picton and Sandbanks - such a lovely area (didn't realize they had wineries there!). Have fun and enjoy!

Kathy - nice to see you too - please come back and stay awhile??? Hope you are not too frazzled at work.

Melissa - I love the baby onesie - how adorable - and I think dh will be ecstatic when he sees it - and gets the news of course!

Paula - sounds like you are very organized and ready to go for the yard sale! I bet you were exhausted!

Hi Vickie - hope you are getting all your errands done in record time so you can get home and relax!

I am at work - still tired - trying not to be too crabby? Big boss expected back soon so I am preparing for that! Trying to stay focused on the coming weekend (gotta love these 4 day weeks) which is supposed to be super hot. I know I need to get my planting done - but my sil's pool is probably calling my name?

Packed up a lot of food/snacks for myself today - decided I'd rather come in a bit later (with all my supplies) than get to work earlier than be at the mercy of the food court/stores for meals/snacks - never know what will end up in my mouth! ha ha ha

Maybe I'll go hunt down the menu thread?

Frouf

septembersgoal
07-06-2006, 10:31 AM
Thanks you all, I just ordered it. No, I'm not pregnant! I just want to be ready whenever I am. There won't be any keeping that secret. :)

sauniemay
07-06-2006, 12:12 PM
Step one finished. I must admit that she did a great job. I'm going to go back there in September for my next "special" occasion. I paid this time because there was a $40.00 manicure/pedicure special, and I'll keep my gift certificate for the next time. I'm actually looking forward to the hair cut. I hope I'll be as excited when it's over.

Frouf, you sound like you could use a "special" weekend. It's good to have a pool to go to.

Kathy, I do hope that you have time to come up for air.

Okay, lunch time....

ontarget
07-06-2006, 12:16 PM
good morning. i weighed this am and my weight is going in the right direction. i had a larger dinner than normal and was worried, but all is well. i go get my permanent crown this am. after that, no more doctors till the end of the month. hallelujah!!

paula, i hope you have a big success with your garage sale.

melissa, the onesie (is that what they are called?) is adorable. that's a cute idea using it to surprise dh.

saundra, enjoy your me day. what did you decide about your hair? are you getting it cut?

kathy, don't work too hard. i am glad you're able to pop in every now and then. i miss your posts.

frouf, sounds like you're planned and prepared today. i don't think i could handle food courts either. we had one vending machine at school when i taught and i couldn't avoid it. not much control is it?

have a great day, all. your royal highness will be back later with her new crown.

ontarget
07-06-2006, 12:17 PM
saundra, i just saw your post. are you getting your hair cut today?

aghiowa
07-06-2006, 02:36 PM
Good day all. I couldnt' get on this site this morning. It was loading SOOO slowly. I woke up feeling a little better, and had decided to try to tough it out and not see the doctor. But now, as the day is going by, I feel yuckier and yuckier. So I'm going in in about an hour. Luckily they had a spot. I just hate to go if it's nothing, but if it isn't, I guess I need to get it taken care of.

And, how's this NSV for you? We took the girls to McDonald's for lunch, and absolutely nothing there crossed my lips. Not even one little french fry. :mcd: Instead, I came home and am currently eating a beautiful taco salad.

I'll check in again after my doctor's appt.

Angela

ontarget
07-06-2006, 02:39 PM
woo hoo, angela!! you're back in the swing of things. i'm proud of you for taking care of yourself. i hope you get some help from the doctor.

nurseinnc
07-06-2006, 03:15 PM
Good afternoon everyone. I spent all morning pulling stuff out of the basement and hauling the rest of the stugg from the back deck and from inside the house. I have put most of it out on tables but I will have to finish tomorrow morning after work or Sat when I get home. I have to go get ready for work tonight. I hope you all have a nice couple of days. I may not be able to post again until after the yard sale on Sat.

ontarget
07-06-2006, 03:50 PM
good success, paula. make a mint of money.

Mattandgabbysmom
07-06-2006, 03:51 PM
Good afternoon ladies, just poppin in to say hello. We just got home from the lake, it was very cloudy today but the kids still had a ball. Let me get them all bathed and settled and I will catch up a little later.

aghiowa
07-06-2006, 04:03 PM
I'm back from the doctor...yet another sinus infection. He gave me some antibiotics and some steroid nasal spray. He said that if it comes back again, I'll have to go get my nose scoped. Whee, that sounds fun! :p

I'm off to rest...

Angela

Froufy
07-06-2006, 04:43 PM
Poor you Angela - hope the meds help you out real quick.

Okay I have never heard of having your nose scoped so I did a google search and most of the results deal with pets/dogs etc? I am sure you did NOT go to a vet did you? Anyhow I agree it does not sound pretty so I really hope you can avoid that!

Nikie - glad you are having some summertime fun with the kids! A day at the lake sounds great!

Paula - hope you make big bucks at your garage sale!

Saundra - how's the new 'do'? Inquiring minds want to know (and see too of course :D)

..And Queen Sandra - how is your crown? Hope it is fitting you nicely. Congrats on appropriate scale movement - you are obviously doing something right!

Time to have my pre-gym snack (soy cheese) and head out soon! YIPPEE!!

Frouf

ontarget
07-06-2006, 08:34 PM
hi there. we've been at the archery center most of the afternoon just gabbing and swapping tournament stories. it was soooooo much fun. i also gave an archery lesson to a young woman who came in. i enjoyed that, too. she's the fiancee to one of the guys working there. he's wanting to get her into archery. i'm not sure she likes it that well.

angela, i'm glad you went to the doctor. i used to have my sinuses packed--but this was back in the 60's. i doubt they do that any more. i hope you don't have to get scoped. i'm not sure what that is either but it doesn't sound like fun.

frouf, i just had dinner and am waiting to go to water aerobics. me crown fits quite well. hmmmmmmmmmmm? maybe i should have gotten one with a transmitter in it. i could use one in the woods.

nikki, i've been missing you and am glad you're back.

Katpo
07-06-2006, 09:12 PM
Good Lord, I just got home and done with dinner. I took the easy way out tonight -- made wild rice, steamed broccoli and bought a rotisserie chicken on the way home from work. Just finished folding two loads of towels, sweeping the tile, cleaning up the kitchen and I'm DONE! No more for tonight!

Looks like everybody's been busy today! Angela, I'm glad you were able to get into the doctor quickly and got started on some meds. My youngest had sinus surgery when she was 10 (she and I were in the hospital over Christmas Eve and Christmas and her dad showed up for about 10 minutes the whole time ... getting an idea why he's no longer in our picture??) and she had lots of those tests before the surgery. They finally cut "windows" into her sinuses, removed her adenoids and all was good. She had been sick for about a year before that and we had been to Children's Medical City in Dallas -- they thought she had leukemia. She had a constant fever and super high elevated white count. Turns out she had a strain of bacteria, strep pneumonia, in her sinuses that was resistant to all known antibiotics. Surgery was the only way she was going to get well.

Now here's a little story for you. Judd and I were just coworkers at the time. He bought me a Christmas present that year because he felt sorry for me that we were in the hospital over Christmas. It was a huge cranberry 3-wick candle that I saved. Years later, when we were married, I burned that thing every day until it was nothing but a sliver. We still talk about that candle. Awwww..... :cry: Okay, dry those tears now. It's a sappy story anyway.

Sandra, sounds like you had a good day at archery! Giving lessons to someone before they get in is a good idea -- that way they won't spend a lot of time and money on something they might not be good at. I enjoyed reading all about your move, don't move, move, don't move situation but I know you and Curtis will figure out the best solution. I hate to think about packing!

Speaking of that, Paula, good grief girl, get some rest! I hope your sale goes well and you make a ton of money!

Melissa, the onesie is DARLING! I had a hard time with the first link so I had no idea what it was until you posted the picture. It's toooo cute! And very, very appropriate too, huh? It's a good plan.

I hear people stirring in the kitchen and I need to give direction on what's what. Not like they're totally inept but I don't want anyone eating my lunch for tomorrow.

Oh and guess what? We're selling my motorcycle. I just don't see me getting my ankle where it will bend enough to shift. While it's still the current year model and has such low mileage, and while it's summer and people are wanting things like that, we decided to sell it. My foot is about as good as it's going to get and that's why I can't have therapy. It won't improve with or without the therapy, and so my 1" range of motion is all I can hope for.

Now get this. Shaun told me today that he doesn't want us to come to his graduation for basic training. Said it was a waste of money and he didn't want us to feel obligated. I told him it wasn't up to him. It'll be in late October, I'm sure, and by then I'll be able to save up and maybe we can have a nice weekend getaway in Chicago. (Oh and see Vickie and Jim, too!!)

Now ... I'm sure everyone needs a potty break after reading this loooong post, so I'll wrap it up.

Froufy
07-06-2006, 10:17 PM
Potty break? Are u kidding? Between the diuretic and swallowing about 50 ounces of water this afternoon I am starting to feel like Queen Sandra on the throne! ha ha ha :D:D I sure hope this water helps - and I am happy to report I left the kitchen after dinner and am trying not to repeat the inhalation of food I experienced the past 2 nights!

Kathy - glad you decided to pick up the 'dinner' and were able to at least enjoy it without too much fuss? How sweet of Judd to give you that candle and what a nice memory. When dh and I met on our first 'blind date' - he brought me a dozen red roses - and I have 'some' of them dried now in a vase on top of the china hutch! Such a sentimental frouf (and I kid him about still having the first piece of jewellery he ever gave me - a candy necklace! ha ha ha).

And what a freaky story about your dd's sinus problems - sure glad you were able to get that fixed!!!

Sandra - let me know if you really want a transmitter in the crown - my dh is an RF design engineer (radio frequency) and could fix you up with one in no time! :D Sounds like you had a great time at the archery place - and so nice of you to teach those who are just beginning!

Where's Vickie by the way? Guess those errands took longer than planned??

Now for my evening rant - I LOVE MASHED POTATOES (did I ever mention how much I LOVE MASHED POTATOES) and there can never be too much mashed potatoes (did I also mention it is like a major comfort food for me?) Did I ever mention how I grew up in a house with LOTS of food (including delicious mashed potatoes?) Are you getting the picture?

Well all afternoon I am craving and wanting some homemade mashed potatoes (and I stir fry a chopped up onion and add it in!). Anyhow dh is in charge of dinner duty so I tell him to peel, cut, boil the potatoes (while I am at the gym) and i will do the mashing when I get home (and we can then broil the burgers, etc).

So I get home SO EXCITED cuz I'm having - you know what!...and there is a pot of potatoes - but a MEASLY LITTLE PILE OF POTATOES - LIKE I COULD EAT IN ONE SERVING! (okay only kidding - but it's not a lot!). I ask him how many potatoes he peeled/cooked and he says FOUR - FOUR - ONLY FOUR - of course maybe for most normal families this would be enuf - but not for someone from a mashed potato loving family! I am now huffing and puffing and trying not to overreact too much - but I am sick I tell you - sick cuz I know there will be NO LEFTOVERS - NO LEFTOVER MASHED POTATOES - THIS IS A TRAVESTY - THIS CANNOT BE!

I manage to calm myself down - prepare the rest of the dinner - I carefully dole out the mashed potatoes making sure I don't get a giant scoop (yet) - now ds is excited cuz he sees mashed potatoes....and dd comes downstairs and before you know it she in front of the pot scooping some out. I am eating dinner but eyeing that pot I tell you.

I decide that I definitely want another helping - and you guessed it - just scraping the bottom of the pot - I got a few more spoonfuls - but the very saddest part is - while I was able to pack up a LO burger with some veggies for lunch - it sure looks pretty meager cuz there are NO MASHED POTATOES WITH FRIED ONIONS in there keeping them company!

Okay - enuf - I think I'm okay now that I got that out of my system.

Frouf:(

septembersgoal
07-06-2006, 10:45 PM
:D Frouf I know you were upset but reading the way you wrote it made me laugh. You tell such vivid stories.

Kathy, I'm so sorry that you have to sell your bike. I understand your reasoning but it makes me sad. You really didn't even get to ride it. I guess I've forgotten how much long-term damage the accident did to your foot. :hug: Oh and what a sweet story about Judd. I like reading those life stories.

I did order that onesie today. I'm so excited about it and hope that I don't have to wait too long to give it to him. ;) For those of you who don't know DH is a musician and actually plays a red electric guitar.

Niki, glad to see you back. It sounds like you've been having fun!

So I went to a Pampered Chef party tonight. It was the first time I've gone to one, though I've been familiar with their products of course. The lady actually has me considering being a consultant. There isn't much investment required, lots of freebies, and a low minimum sales $ required. I'm thinking it would be a good supplement to my income and then if I ever get to work just pt or not at all, it would be a great way to make some extra money. I don't know, I'm just thinking about it, but really considering it. It looks like I would only need to do 1-2 parties a month to make some decent $. You can also make money through the web and catalog orders, not just the party. Anyway, I'm thinking about that now.

Well I need to get to bed. I haven't been home very long and I'm tired!!!

Katpo
07-06-2006, 10:57 PM
I am a huge Pampered Chef fan! There was a time when I think I had one of everything -- and ended up giving some away, selling some on ebay, melting some (the Zyliss chopper, GRRR, somehow got goofed up in the dishwasher) and STILL use that paddle pitcher, and the crinkley cut choppy thing. Oh and the stone too! Yep, I love Pampered Chef.

So Frouf, now let me get this straight. You do or do NOT like mashed potatoes? I couldn't exactly tell from your post ... :rofl: Ya goof! Tell that man if he's not going to run with the big dogs, he needs to stay on the porch! In other words, don't half-a$$ it -- make a big ol' pot of potatoes! We eat them leftover too, and sometimes will even make potato pancakes if there are enough left.

I am about to go to bed so I can get up very very early. I have a little headache and it seems as though it might be hard to go to sleep now since I'm wincing with every heartbeat, but maybe it'll calm down soon. I had to run my food thru FitDay and get the lowdown on it all. I was up a pound or so this morning and am terribly concerned. It's like every other day I'm up, then I'll be back down tomorrow, then up the next day. :dizzy: What's up with THAT?

ontarget
07-07-2006, 01:00 AM
kathy, it makes me sad, too, that you're selling your cycle. it just doesn't seem fair. moving? who's moving? :lol: today we didn't talk about moving at all except our friend has found 4 acres he thinks we'd like. we stay totally confused on the issue. but--i honestly think we're staying here in missoula where we live now. (but what do i know?)

frouf, hmmmmmmm? if curtis and i had transmitters in our teeth we could keep up with each other in the woods. now wouldn't that be something? we'd probably frighten away all the wildlife for miles around. i'd make you some mashed taters if i could. i never thought of adding stir fried onions. now that sounds yummy!

melissa, you'd be a great consultant. you're a wonderful people person. are you going to another pc party soon?

Mattandgabbysmom
07-07-2006, 08:47 AM
Good Morning ladies, I have a special bulletin, my ds lost his first baby tooth. His tooth was really loose last night and dh & I were both too sqeemish to pull it out. So this morning I notice it is gone, we search his bed and I cannot find it, I say to my ds maybe the tooth fairy took it while you were sleeping, he says to me so where is my money :o I think he must of swallowed it in his sleep, so I told him the tooth fairy will be back,there will be money under your pillow tonight. Next time his tooth is that loose I will have to tough it out and pull it out(yuck) :p

Kathy sorry you have to sell your bike. That was sweet of Judd, what a nice memory. When dh and I were dating he use to bring me a dozen roses every Saturday when he picked me up to go out, now I only get them on our anniversary.

Queen Sandra how does it feel to be crowned. Your home sounds so beautiful, I can understand how you would want to stay and not move.

Frouf I love mash potatoes, that is my biggest downfall because I like to load them with butter, now I use the fat free margerine and it is not the same. I also come from family that had huge plates of food at the dinner table, Both my parents are Greek and we always had huge portions of food.

Melissa I have been to a couple of PC parties and I love their stuff, I have a few pieces. I love the onesie, it is adorable.

Angela hope the meds make you feel better soon, I think when they scope you they put a lense in your nostrils, I had a deviated septum quite a few years ago and that is what they did to me to see my sinuses. I ended up having surgery to correct it.

Paula good luck with the yard sale.

Good morning Saundra!

Good Morning Vickie!

aghiowa
07-07-2006, 08:56 AM
Yes, exactly Niki...that's what they would do. Go up inside my nose, check out to see if I have any polyps or a deviated septum or something, and then clean it all out in there. Sounds delish, doesn't it? :lol:

I posted a recipe yesterday in the dessert section. It's called Easy Pear Crisp, but you can use lots of different fruit types. It's not entirely Core, but not bad for you either.

The weather here lately has been phenomenal. I'm thinking of walking with my mom and the girls this morning.

Angela

Mattandgabbysmom
07-07-2006, 09:01 AM
I am happy to report the case of the missing tooth has been solved. I found it while making his bed. Yippee, now I can save it :D

Katpo
07-07-2006, 10:09 AM
Quick note: can you believe Judd sold my bike this morning? And where does the guy live? Colorado Springs! We're taking it to him when we go in two weeks. How wacky is THAT?

I'll be back around noon time. Hope everybody's doing well. Angela, enjoy that perfect weather!

Froufy
07-07-2006, 01:03 PM
Wow - Judd must be a good salesman? Altho I am sure you are sorry to see the bike go? (can you get the money and buy something else for yourself? :D) Very coincidental that it's where you are headed - how convenient!

Angela - ya I'm sure they will really enjoy looking up your nose! And any recipe with the 'word' easy in the title is my kinda cooking!

Niki - we had the same thing happen with our little ds - except the tooth never turned up (or at least nowhere anyone wanted to look for it that is!:D). We ended up leaving a note for the tooth fairy telling her about the lost tooth - and being such a kind and generous soul she left some $$ anyways despite there being no tooth under the pillow - what a sweetie :)

So Sandra do you and Curtis have any of those little walkie talkie things to communicate w/each other in the woods? We of course have a whole inventory of the darn things (each year of course the technology gets better and better so dh has to go get some more! ARGGHHH!). Did you know that a walkie talkie was really a radio transmitter? (your lesson for the day). Dh is now fretting about me taking a couple on the cruise so me and my gf can stay in touch if apart on the ship (like we need to be in touch every second of the day he thinks?). Anyhow I of course want to take the teeniest tiniest ones (and believe me they are not even that small!)...and of course he is suggesting the bigger ones - which are more powerful and will have less interference (like I'm really walking around the ship with a walkie talkie in my beach bag? I don't think so!).

Where's Vickie? Sleeping in?

Now dd is doing laundry (with a reminder NOT to run the dryer late at night on the perm press cycle as all the 'buzzing' woke dh up at 3:10 am - and he was NOT a happy camper this morning) and packing for a 2 week stay with her dad. I know she will still be in and out once a while to pick up or drop off stuff. Her dad has promised her a shopping trip to the US (Syracuse) and she is thrilled (and asking me for US$ of course - no way - saving it for my trip! :D)

Shaping up to be a nice hot weekend and I still need to get my planting done - maybe tomorrow I can hit some more nurseries and find what I'm looking for?

And I just finished my MEAGER mashed potatoeless lunch - just burger and veggies - not quite the same :(. I do have some cut up veggies and hb egg for my later snack.

I was planning to go to the gym after work but an early morning bra incident may have changed my plans (yes the underwire seems to be poking thru on my one and only black bra!!!) - need to go bra shopping (Sears?) - I hate bra shopping - they either never have my size - or it doesn't fit or feel right...sigh....

Frouf

Katpo
07-07-2006, 01:28 PM
Frouf, we take the walkie talkies to Mexico when we go so that we can meet back up after different things. They have come in handy more than once. I don't think we've ever taken them on a cruise though, but it's a good idea. I'm going to make a mental note.

Niki, I'm glad the tooth showed up! I would have been afraid (if it had been my ds, that is) that he would have eaten it. This from a kid who shoved rocks deep in his ears at about age 3 ... and why? Dunno.

Back to work ...

Froufy
07-07-2006, 02:30 PM
Now now let's not go badmouthing kids who are creative in different ways! (from a frouf who found a pearl in the sandbox at age 5 and promptly shoved it in her ear (well it sure looked like mom's earring) and ended up in the emergency that night (ya so I forgot to tell anyone) and almost ended up with major ear cutting surgery!).

Definitely you can use the walkie talkies on board but they should be the ones with several channels as you will note lots of interference and yapping coming from everyone else who has a walkie talkie! Yes we do travel with them as well cuz obviously we can't be using our cell phones cuz it's a long distance call! (and little ds always takes one with him when he leaves the house to go biking - he bikes very close to him and we can check in on him as we need to!).

Frouf

mrshillflipper
07-07-2006, 04:07 PM
Ok, this is my very first post...I don't even know if I am putting it in the correct place but I just need to reach out to you guys about this one...so here it is: :cry: :cry: I haven’t worn shorts since my honeymoon three years ago because of my weight gain. I am so sick and tired of not doing the fun summer activities because I don’t want to be seen in shorts or a swim suit. So, as I am finally getting the weight off I still don’t feel ready to bare all and head for the water. To make a long story short, my hubby want to go out on a boat tomorrow with some friends and I really want to go…So you say “well just go” but I am SO self conscious and embarrassed about how I look in anything from mid calves down. Does anyone else go through this? If so, how do you deal with it? I know I don’t look as bad as I feel I do, and I really do want to go and have a good time…but just the thought of having other people see me makes me want to cry!

ontarget
07-07-2006, 04:18 PM
judd must be a fantastic salesman. i agree with frouf that you might think of buying yourself something else. i have a feeling you'll use if on vacation, though. that's good that it can come in handy for that.

nikki, i know that scared you. i'm glad ds didn't swallow that old tooth. my son used to sleep with his dad and me when the tooth fairy was coming. he was afraid. :lol:

frouf, we do have cheapo walkie talkies but don't use them. they would scare away the animals. we do have a "whistle" system for contacting each other--however; a couple of years ago i had a mountain lion within a few feet of me and i couldn't whistle. i was high in a tree and the lion was in a ditch right below. i must have looked huge to him cuz he didn't come get me. i wouldn't carry walkie talkies around on the ship either. would cellphones work for ya'll? i'm thinking you wouldn't use them unless it was an emergency and then long distance wouldn't matter. (but what do i know?)

we took mil to lunch today. i had fish and green beans. i had a good loss at ww today. i've been changing my tracker every day (if my weight changes) so i won't be making a big change on it today. i'll just make sure i'm updated. i weigh 3 lbs less now than i have in over 2 years. i checked my ww card and i weighed 189+ april 9, 04. i never got below 188 until now. today i weighed 186.4. sorry for bragging but i can't help it.

where is everyone? i hope you're all out there having some fun today. i'll be back later to see what's up.

septembersgoal
07-07-2006, 04:27 PM
CONGRATULATIONS SANDRA!!! :woo:

That is so wonderful!
:bravo: :bravo: :bravo:

ontarget
07-07-2006, 04:40 PM
thank you, melissa. i really really appreciate your support ane encouragement. now you know if i'm losing, you'll be losing, too, cuz we're 2 peas in a pod.

Katpo
07-07-2006, 04:50 PM
Yay, Sandra!! Way to go!! I know you must be sooo excited -- I can just hear it in your words! And hey, brag all you want! YOU DESERVE IT!

mrshillflipper, welcome to our little corner! I hope you'll stick around because we most certainly would love to have you! Now to cut right to your immediate issue, which is going out on the boat tomorrow, do you have one of those things you tie around your waist? Like a sarong or big scarf or something like that? I have one that I wear over my swimsuit while not in the water. It makes me feel not quite so exposed to the world -- okay, it's not like everybody's looking anyway, but still. If you're wearing shorts, could you wear longer ones? Like capris or something? I really know what you're feeling because I go thru the same thing. We're about to be on vacation with my two (VERY much younger) sisters-in-law and both are runners in excellent shape. Of course, when I was 32, so was I! Still, I'm going to feel like the blob while with them, especially if we do anything that involves being less than fully clothed. I hope you do go though, because you might really have a good time.

Anyway, welcome again!

mrshillflipper
07-07-2006, 04:56 PM
Yes, I have a few of them but they don't fit any more....I know, I am having a big poor-poor-nanny-poo-poo party. I am glad to hear that other people get insecure about it. Thank you for the welcome, that was very sweet of you.

Katpo
07-07-2006, 06:37 PM
Okay, now let's fix this. The capris don't fit or the big scarves? Do you have some fabric that you can make a big square out of? An old sheet? ( :lol: okay that's stretching it a bit) How about a very long t-shirt to wear over everything? Oh and what about the other women going? Are they runway models?

Well ... hopefully you'll go, have a FABULOUS time, and come back to report that it was fun and you didn't feel one bit self-conscious!

Mattandgabbysmom
07-07-2006, 06:37 PM
Oh my, my ds wants to have his first sleepover at our neighbors house, whom I trust 100%, I know her for 6 1/2 years. I am freaking out, I know he wants to and I don't want to baby him too much, but he is still my baby. This is too much for me today, first he loses his first baby tooth and now he wants to sleep away from home(sob). Ok I guess I should let him, knowing my son he will be calling me around midnight saying he wants to come home. How am I going to deal with teen age years AAAHHHH.

Katpo
07-07-2006, 06:46 PM
Niki, let him go. He'll have fun, nothing will happen (you know these people well, right?) and if he makes it thru the night, you'll feel better and it'll build confidence and independence in him.

Now as for those teenage years. Sandra, Saundra, Frouf and I are here to tell you that there will be days when you will NOT miss him. You'll be begging him to go somewhere ... and will be sobbing when he comes home instead of when he leaves. Teenagers are God's punishment for having sex. I'm serious.

:rofl: Okay, maybe not ... but still. Just wait. Oh and meanwhile, remember what a brat YOU were when you were a teenager! ;)

ontarget
07-07-2006, 07:38 PM
mrshillflipper, (what a cute username!), i hope you go and have fun. i have been places before where i was not the largest person but i was feeling very inferior (yes, inferior) and embarassed by my weight--then i noticed that the larger person was having a blast and was surrounded by a lot of friends. i decided to change my way of thinking. people like us for who we are, and they want to be around people who are happy and make them feel happy, too. please go and have fun.

kathy, curtis says our grandkids are our rewards for not killing our own kids. when is it you're leaving for the springs? i can't remember. are your hamilton in-laws joining you?

nikki, let him go. if he makes it through the night, just think of the fun you and he will have when he tells you all about it.

Katpo
07-07-2006, 07:45 PM
Sandra, we're leaving two weeks from tomorrow. And yes, the Hamilton folks will be coming down. I sorta feel sorry for them because they have 14 hours in the car with three kids; Judd and I have 11 hours with just each other, no kids. We'll have fun on the way but I can't say the same for them. Anyway, we're driving straight thru and will get there Saturday evening, and then will leave Friday to head back. The only thing I know for sure is that we'll be going to a Colorado Rockies game. We don't go to other towns without going to a nearby MLB game.

ontarget
07-07-2006, 07:58 PM
kathy, it sounds like you're going to have a fun trip. we've made the drive many many times from here through the springs on our way to texas. you're right. they prob won't have much fun on the trip with little ones. there are miles and miles between some exits in wyoming (but the scenery is gorgeous!) i usually count antelope but lose count fairly soon. of course, it's always been just curtis and i. maybe they have those dvd players and movies for the kids. that's what my son uses when they travel.

Katpo
07-07-2006, 08:01 PM
Oh yes, they have a new '07 Tahoe with the built-in DVD player. Couldn't travel without it -- I think their last 3 vehicles have had it.

Judd just got home from the gym and is hungry. Now I have to either drag out the leftovers or find him something else. I'm leaning toward something else ... it's easier to go pick something up.

septembersgoal
07-07-2006, 09:55 PM
mrshillflipper, :welcome3: I hope that you have a great time tomorrow if you go. I agree with Kathy that capris (maybe some some nice stretchy comfy ones) would be a good choice. In any case, we hope you join us around here more often! :)

Kathy, please get some rest and take care of yourself at some point this weekend!

Sorry I'm so out of it. I'm so tired and thinking of heading to bed. We have to go to the vet in the morning but then I'm hoping to go to Farmer's Market for some fresh fruits and veggies.
I hope that you're all doing great. :grouphug:

Katpo
07-07-2006, 10:21 PM
Melissa, get some rest yourself! I'm only working 7 hours tomorrow and probably none on Sunday since I can't find a security person to come in and open up. However ... my deadline was pushed out a week so I'm easing up on myself a bit. I had 50 hours this week and will have 60 next week; the trick will be getting the kids to help me with the animals since I'll be working longer hours. Judd will be leaving on Sunday for Whiteman AFB and will be back on Friday. He usually potties the dogs in the morning but I think I'll see if the little ones can sleep with Shaun. If they're in the bed, they'll hold it as long as necessary, and Bindy can hold it no matter where she is.

I'm going now -- the stinking lamp by my bedside keeps going on and off. I guess maybe the wrong type of bulb is in there; in any case, it's very annoying.

Katpo
07-08-2006, 08:15 AM
Yay! I get the prize!

I'm at work and hope to leave at 2. Then I'm going home and doing a whole bunch of NOTHING. I have some tired leftover from yesterday.

Where's everybody?

aghiowa
07-08-2006, 09:14 AM
Good morning everyone! I've got nothing interesting to say, but thought I'd check in anyway. :lol:

Looking forward to another Saturday here...I'll probably go walking, and then putter around home the rest of the day.

Still on the wagon..now it's time to find some breakfast.

Angela

Mattandgabbysmom
07-08-2006, 09:22 AM
My ds had the sleepover, no phone call saying he wanted to come home which is good. It was weird not having him around, dd fell asleep at 6:30pm so dh & I were alone for the first time in who knows how long. DD woke up at 4:30am this morning, I am soooo tired and my brother his wife and my 2 yr old nephew want to come to visit and go to the lake today (yawn)

Kathy & Sandra thanks for the encouragement! Kathy too funny about our punishment for having sex, and that is only sex could you imagine if you did something worse :D That is exactly why I fret about the teenage years, been there, done it. I was a pretty good kid, but still bratty and I can see how some kids can steer you wrong :D

septembersgoal
07-08-2006, 02:16 PM
Hey everyone! I hope that you're all having fabulous Saturdays.

Where's Vickie? Did I miss something? (not that I can say much, I'm so behind!)

Kathy, I hope that you aren't working too hard. I'm sure you can manage to find one of your children who will let the dogs pee! ;)

Niki, glad to hear that ds managed his sleepover okay. Letting him stay somewhere else overnight had to be hard. But I bet you enjoyed alone time with DH!

Angela, hope you are enjoying your Saturday!

We've been busy this morning. We had to take Murphy to the vet for his yearly vaccinations. That took awhile, then we went to the Farmer's Market. I spent quite a bit but still didn't get as much as I wanted. I did get some great strawberries, peaches, squash, zucchini, and green beans. As well as some awesome seasoning. There is a place that comes to the market called Herb'N Renewal and their stuff is wonderful. So we got several new flavors of spices.
I've got to get going and do some cleaning and organizing around here. It's hard to clean when you still aren't unpacked, but it is a work in progress. I also hope to get some real exercise in this afternoon.
Have a great day everyone! :sunny:

Froufy
07-08-2006, 02:24 PM
Sandra - BIG CONGRATS TO YOU - definitely worth bragging about - you go girl!

Angela - sounds like your sinuses are doing much better? Hope you have an enjoyable walk!

Mrshillflipper - welcome and I can understand how you feel - definitely get a cover up you feel comfortable with and go and enjoy yourself! I think you need to realize that your company is more important than what you look like!

Melissa - sounds like you found some very yummy things at the Market - I'm sure you will enjoy them. I love shopping at markets for fresh produce!

Niki - congrats on a successful sleepover - how exciting for your ds - I'm so glad it was a good experience for him. I agree w/Kathy - when they are teenagers it will be a different story! Someone at work sent me a cartoon the other day: Mothers of teenagers can understand why some animals eat their young! ha ha ha

So are you off to the lake? or having a nice snooze?

We ended up going to see the new Pirates of the Caribbean movie last night with big and little ds in tow! (Dd was actually already gone to the theatre w/friends!). We had so much trouble getting in - huge lineups and I was super crabby - but we eventually made it (and even found 4 seats together). It was pretty good, but very long and we weren't home til midnight! I am very tired today of course.

Tried to sleep in but couldn't - so I decided to GO TO THE GYM? What was that you say? A froufie waking up on saturday morning to exercise? Well the great motivator was the number on the scale I saw when i weighed myself this morning. (I have been 'stuck' for while and trying to get to 10 lbs gone by next week's gym weigh in/measurement). So far I am about 8.2 lbs down - which is really encouraging!

On the way back from the gym I stopped at the grocery store outdoor nursery lot - of course everything is now on sale (yes I"m a bit late)...but I got some great deals: 2 tomato plants, 2 green peppers, 2 orange peppers, 1 burning bush, 1 weigela, 1 potentilla (pink), 1 purple bell flower (perennial), 1 silver leaf euonymus, and a small blue spruce spreading thing - all for $37!!

I have not planted them yet - but 'placed' them in the front garden - still looking for my big/major piece (hopefully a weeping peashrub?) and then can add the other shrubs and get some more perennials to fill in the gaps! Too hot now to garden tho (around 90 degrees!) so will try to do this later (want to plant the veggies along the side of the house) maybe when the sun sets or tomorrow (altho there is a chance of rain?)

Still need to order some patio furniture (sale ends tomorrow) and go bra shopping!

Later,

Frouf

septembersgoal
07-08-2006, 02:28 PM
Congrats Frouf!!! That is such a great loss!!

ontarget
07-08-2006, 02:52 PM
frouf, congratulations!!!! that's a great loss. i am very very happy for you.

hello to all who have been here or who are yet to come. we just got home from the local archery tournament. we had a great time and did a lot of visiting with folks around burgers afterward. i even get to log in some exercise minutes as we did a lot of walking. life is good.

p.a.
07-08-2006, 03:19 PM
Wow Sandra and Frouf.........look at you two go...that is amazing!! Big big high five to both of you!!!
Im off tonight.,,,,hoping if not to lose while Im away at least maintain. Not bringing my scale this time..(yes I usually travel with it...yes kathy..I too am addicted haha)
Ill be checking in prob on monday........
have a great weekend everyone!!

ontarget
07-08-2006, 03:23 PM
patti, have a lot of fun on your vacation. i'm addicted to scales, too, and usually take ours with us when we go south. i'm not sure it ever did me any good, though. maybe it was just a security blanket. enjoy your evening off.

septembersgoal
07-08-2006, 03:29 PM
Have a great time Patti!

Hi Sandra! :wave:

Katpo
07-08-2006, 03:51 PM
Enjoy your trip, Patti!

Frouf, you ROCK, girl! That is awesome -- and your very, very hard work is paying off! I am super impressed, not only with the loss but also with that Saturday morning gym visit!

Melissa, great vegetables! I should go too ... we have a vegetable store (but no Farmer's Market) nearby that has great stuff and prices too. Maybe I'll go next Saturday since Judd will be home by then. Otherwise, it'll be after we get back from Colorado. I'm sure you're excited about having fresh produce AND new herbs to experiment with!

Oh and Frouf, great finds at the nursery! I would LOVE to have some tomato plants but waited too long and now they're all gone, at least from Home Depot. I was going to plant them in a pot on the back patio. Maybe I'll try another place. We can be farmers together! :lol:

Sandra, it's nice to hear you so happy. Visiting with folks over a good burger sounds like a great time -- PLUS getting in some walking! You are doing so well and I'm really looking forward to watching that ticker drop!

I cut my bangs today and feel much better about all these haircuts ... finally I think I might be able to live with them. Of course, don't tell anyone but I used my desk scissors (so dull they barely cut paper) and sat right there at my desk this morning ... just cutting away.

Guess I'd better get crackalackin' and do something around here. I ended up leaving work at 12 because that's when the last security closer was leaving. I wanted to stay longer but oh well.

ontarget
07-08-2006, 04:23 PM
kathy, i can just see you sitting there whacking away at those bangs. i'll bet you did a good job. it sounds like you're happy with the results. you go, girl!! we did have a good time visiting with everyone today. it's hard to believe we had competed, eaten, and visited and were gone before noon. results won't be in till 3 but we decided it was time to head home.

melissa, we stopped at a market in the town where we were shooting this am. all i got was 2 great looking bunches of green onions. they have big bulbs. i love them like that and can't get them at local grocery stores. their green onions are just "straight" from leaves to tip. it sounds like you're well stocked and ready to enjoy yourself.

kathy, i'm glad you came on home earlier. you deserve some time off. do you have any plans for today? my niece down in ft worth is having her 12th bday today. they're all going to a place called charleston's over on hulen. i had never heard of it before. have you been there?

curtis is still napping. i'm trying to be quiet. not much else going on here. have a good afternoon, all.

Mattandgabbysmom
07-08-2006, 05:07 PM
Congratulations frouf & Sandra!!!!

Katpo
07-08-2006, 05:48 PM
I have been to Charleston's before with Judd and his parents. It was really good; in fact, last week when I went to Central Market (it's on Hulen and I-30), I had gone from Arlington down 30 to Hulen, then when I left, I went south on Hulen to 20 and then back to Arlington. I passed by it and thought about that time when we went. Funny you should mention it.

I hope you did well in the tournament.

ontarget
07-08-2006, 06:07 PM
thank you, kathy. we were just shooting without sights today--not our high tech gear. a funny thing happened, though. a reporter from the newspaper down there took a photo of me. she said it would run in wed's paper. i think i must be a novelty being the only old woman who was there. :lol: i know that photo is going to be AWFUL. i had on a sleeveless top, very very baggy clamdiggers, and hiking boots. we were in tall grass and i needed to keep my legs covered even though it was way too hot for me to wear jeans. i'll post that photo when i get a paper. it's going to be an excellent "before" photo. my arms are probably flapping in the wind. oh, well, life goes on.

charleston sounds like a neat place. ahhhhhhhh maybe some day. that is a coincidence about your thinking of it, too. i have a question. is rick's on the bricks still out in camp bowie? i loved his fried pickles.

ontarget
07-08-2006, 06:07 PM
(i talk about restaurants a lot, don't i?)

vickie? where are you? i hope you're out in your pool having fun.

Froufy
07-08-2006, 07:14 PM
Gee Sandra - your arms can't be that flappy if you're going sleeveess? I NEVER EVER go sleeveless - too scary in my opinion! Sounds like you had a good time - and with exercise in there to boot. We await your 'featured' picture with bated breath!:carrot:

kathy - I also got this great visual of you cutting your hair with these clunky office scissors - did you even have a mirror or maybe just used the reflection from your darkened computer monitor? ha ha ha. I am glad you actually did not have to work all day! Hope you are having some fun now!

As for tomato plants most of them looked pretty sad - I got only two but will look for more elsewhere. So will the neighborhood bunnies be eating my veggies? (if and when they 'sprout'?). I am still indoors but as the sun is waning I will go out and plant the 6 veggie plants soon (ds is just itching to help me out).

Not sure what we are up to tonight? I am back in my jammies - tried to have a nap - but too many noises and stuff going on at home (dh was snoring away tho!). Got almost all the laundry done, and have to go look thru dd's room and bathroom - now that she is gone for two weeks! (she did not want to go by the way - lots of whining and complaining all day long!).

Thanks for the good wishes - honestly I was getting desperate with the weight loss. About 4 weeks ago (jun 12) I weighed in at a whopping 220 lbs (nekkid) - VERY NOT GOOD! Just about the time I visited the dr and got the bp meds, and booked the cruise - all of this was great motivation to at least get some of the weight off! It would be nice to see the 10 lbs off by july 12? And possibly another 10 before the cruise!!! (and while that won't even make me near being a lightweight at least some of my clothes will fit - or at least I won't be in pain in my elastic waist pants! :o )

Hope Vickie is swimming in the pool? I think today was the christening party, no?

Paula - hope you will check in and let us know how the garage sale went!

Melissa - So what veggies are you having with your dinner?

Ya - I pigged out at 'lunch' - I think I let myself get too hungry - ending up eating TWO turkey breast sandwiches (4 pm) and now not hungry - so we'll see what happens later - maybe a snack later on?

That's it for now!

Frouf

ontarget
07-08-2006, 07:24 PM
frouf, believe me i should not have been sleeveless. we in an open field in the hot sunshine. i was afraid i'd get too hot with sleeves. i'm sure that photo is going to shock me into another depression. maybe it will help keep me motivated.

i am so proud of you for taking control and getting yourself on track. i know that's not easy especially with as much on the go as you are. you hang in there and i'll hang there with you.

septembersgoal
07-08-2006, 07:39 PM
I never go sleeveless either! It's one of my goals though!

DH got super frustrated working on his shelving project, and I think he wants to go to Dairy Queen tonight. :eek: So I'm going to investigate something low in points.

Sandra, it sounds like you had fun today. Frouf, watch out for those bunnies! ;)

Katpo
07-09-2006, 07:25 AM
Good morning! Couldn't sleep and just laid there in bed since 4, so I decided to get up. I've had my coffee out on the patio, pottied the big dog, and am now watching a movie.

I'll check in later to see what's going on. Have a great Sunday.

nurseinnc
07-09-2006, 07:42 AM
Good morning everyone. We had a great yard sale. There were not very many in the area and our signs said moving sale, everything must go. They must have worked because I got home from work at 7:15 and the first people arrived at 7:30 and it was nonstop until about 2! We sold a ton of stuff (still have a lot) and made $390.00!!!! I think it is a yard sale record for us. Now we can buy the fencing for the dogs at the new house right away! I was so tired. We went to dinner to celebrate and then I came home and crashed. I slept from 5 yesterday to just a few min ago. I have lots of packing and moving to do today.
Melissa, I love pampered chef. I used to sell it but I just got too busy (and maybe a little lazy). I had a lot of fun and got lots of cool stuff.
Kathy, I agree with the punishment for sex being teenagers. I only have one child but she counted for about 4 from age 13 to 19. She is better now, almost 22.
Guess I better go eat some breakfast and get busy. Have a great day everyone.

aghiowa
07-09-2006, 09:34 AM
Good morning ladies! It seems that everyone is sleeping in here. It's just me and oldest dd, and it's 8:30 am, almost unheard of. I think this week that dh has had off work has just worn us all out. :lol:

I think my medicine is starting to take effect, which makes me happy. I did some reading on sinus surgery, and it sounds like something I'd like to avoid.

Today we're going to church, and then hopefully we'll just rest.

Later,
Angela

ontarget
07-09-2006, 11:24 AM
good morning. i haven't been up long. it's a gorgeous day. don't know what we'll be doing cept i know i need to clean the kitchen.

kathy, you're up awfully early. do you have something planned for today?

melissa, i am extremely embarassed about my arms, too. both grandmothers had huge arms. i have had them forever, too, it seems. i never thought many folks would see me sleeveless yesterday. i wore a denim shirt over the sleeveless tank till we got there and got registered. then it was sooooo hot i had to take the shirt off. never ever did i think a newspaper reporter would appear out in that field of high grass. a path had been mowed for us to walk target to target. that reporter stood in waist high grass (dont' know what kind of grass it is but i think they call it sweet grass) to take that photo. it's going to be all arms. oh, well, life goes on. i'm lucky not too many people in that area know me. not too many folks know me here in missoula either but i doubt the ones who do will see that paper. (thank goodness)

paula, congratulations on making the big bucks. i know they will come in handy while you're moving.

angela, i'm glad you're feeling better. makes me smile.

vickie, where are you?

Katpo
07-09-2006, 01:23 PM
I have nothing but housework planned for today. Oh and going to the grocery store. I already cut up a bunch of cherries to add to blueberries and strawberries this week so that when I want fruit, it's ready to go.

Judd left a little while ago for Whiteman AFB and will be home Friday. For now it's quiet but Kate is coming over in a little while to get her new insurance card (renews today) so it'll liven up a bit. She's a wee bit louder than the others.

ontarget
07-09-2006, 03:56 PM
we're home from practicing and having lunch. we went to kfc (again). i am finding that i'm not eating as large servings as i had been. i ate 2 chicken tenders instead of 3 today. this was not a core lunch, but i will be extra careful the rest of the day. i get to go back to water aerobics tomorrow night. i can't wait. i'm already addicted.

vickie, i'm getting worried.

septembersgoal
07-09-2006, 04:37 PM
Hey ladies--
Just woke up from a nap. I've been so tired this weekend and not slept at all like I wanted to. Of course was up early for church then after church our sunday school class held a cookout at an apartment complex. Yesterday was busy too, and for some reason I didn't sleep very good last night.

Vickie, I hope you are just off having fun somewhere.

Kathy, are you saying that Kate is more like you than the rest? ;) I hope that you enjoy some time with her, I know you've missed her since she moved out. And I'm so glad that you are resting today!

I hope Saundra is enjoying her weekend, too!

Sandra, I still can't get over your great loss. I'm waaaaaaay behind.

I'm actually not sure what's going on with my body. WARNING, TMI TO FOLLOW, WARNING. :) You all know I went off my bcp...well my period is a week late (well, later than it would have been on bcp) but I got a big negative on a pregnancy test. The thing is about 1-2 weeks ago I was having serious symptoms--cramping, major bloating, etc. etc.--and now they're all gone except for the bloating, which is driving me crazy. I feel so fat, and I'm just too scared to get on the scales. Anyway, my point is to ask you all if you have experienced this and what you think I might ought to do. I'm kind of at a loss. OK, sorry for the overload of info, but I'm just looking for suggestions.

Gotta go get ready, I think we're going to go buy a grill this afternoon! I'm so excited and my mouth is already watering. :T

septembersgoal
07-09-2006, 04:39 PM
Oh I forgot to say Congrats to Paula! What a great earning from your yard sale!

aghiowa
07-09-2006, 05:47 PM
Melissa, I'd test again if I were you. When did you test last? Do you tend to have pretty irregular cycles, or not? I know each time I was pregnant, I was sure TOM was coming. The symptoms are very similar...cramping, bloating, sore breasts, etc. Another symptom of early pregnancy is fatigue and nausea. You did say you were tired, didn't you?

Any way you look at it though, it's a huge waiting game. There have been times I've convinced myself I was pregnant, even though I knew I couldn't be. Tests are so inexpensive now, you might as well buy a few 2-packs and keep them on hand.

Good luck, and my fingers are crossed for you. :)

Angela

ontarget
07-09-2006, 07:00 PM
melissa, i don't know if i'm right or not, but i'm thinking your body might be adjusting to not being on bcp. but i think you should keep testing, too. this is exciting!!

septembersgoal
07-09-2006, 07:36 PM
Thanks Angela. Yes, I have had all of those symptoms. They have come with full force and are now less severe. I'm not sure how my cycles are, because I've been on bc since I was 17 (due to ovarian cysts). I saw some tests at the dollar store the other day and have heard of others using them with good results, so I might stock up. :) But I just tested yesterday, so I guess I'm going to wait a little while longer. Thanks for the well wishes!

Sandra, hi! That's why I'm trying not to get my hopes up. I was just sure that test would be positive though. Anyway, like I said I've been on bc for a long time, so I'm sure that my body is having a crazy time adjusting either way.

Thanks ladies! :D

Mattandgabbysmom
07-09-2006, 09:06 PM
Hi everyone, we took the children to play miniature golf today and then to McDonalds, can you believe I only had a Iced Coffee with equal and 2 % milk, boy those fries were looking good but tomorrow night I go get weighed so I didn't dare eat one. Ds lost his second baby tooth while eating his burger, so the tooth fairy has to make another appearance tonight. He asked me what she looks like, I told him I never saw her she comes when everyone is sleeping, kinda creepy if you ask me. The innocence of a child is wonderful :D

Sandra I never wear sleeveless tops but I have a black tie wedding to go to in August and i found this gorgeous Black Evening dress brand new on ebay for $38.00 which is sleeveless so I will wear a shawl with it to cover the upper arms and I am sure it will be cold in the reception hall they always have the air conditioner on fall blast, good excuse to keep the shawl on.

Melissa when I was pregnant with ds I had all the symtons that it was TOM, I even took a pregnancy test which came up negative, A week later no TOM and I took another test and it was positive. So if it doesn't show up by next week do another test, you never know.

Angela glad you are feeling better with the meds.

Paula great yard sale, I have so much stuff in my basement that i need to clean out I really should have one.

Katpo
07-09-2006, 09:10 PM
Hey, all. What a slow day, huh?

Melissa, I can't give advice on such matters because my last pregnancy was over 20 years ago! I know that the tests have changed so much ... I think back then, EPT was the only one and it was like $15! It was actually cheaper to go to the doctor for the test. I do hope we're not jinxing you by talking about it! Good luck though and I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

I had a pancake and two pieces of bacon tonight for dinner. It has probably been two years since I had pancakes and was afraid of going crazy with them, so I told Erin (she was cooking) that I wanted ONE and she mixed just enough batter. It was really good.

I should go to bed early since I'm doing the 10-hour days. Shaun said he would make sure he was up to let the dogs go potty.

Hope everybody's doing okay. I'll see you tomorrow.

ontarget
07-09-2006, 09:19 PM
kathy, pancakes sound good to me, too. i'm glad you got one and some bacon tonight.

Froufy
07-09-2006, 09:28 PM
Hey Kathy - hope you had a nice relaxing day and a good visit with Kate! I too am 'prepared' for tomorrow!

Paula - wow - what a great yard sale result! Good for you - and I can only imagine how exhausted you were - bet you were glad to get rid of some of that stuff tho - less to move!

Niki - yes that tooth fairy is quite a sneaky little thing - my eldes ds when he was little claimed to have seen her - too funny as he sat there describing her in infinite detail! The shawl idea sounds like it would work!

Angela - glad your meds have kicked in and that you are feeling better!

Melissa - I agree to test again in a week - but sometimes it does take awhile when you're off the bcp to get back to a regular cycle - so your body may just be adjusting to the new regime!

So last night we took little ds downtown to the see the Sound and Light show on Parliamment Hill (nothing like being a tourist in your own town). It was a gorgeous night - not a cloud in the sky and a lovely cool breeze. You get to sit on the lawn right in front of the parliament building (centre block) and at 9:30 (and 10;30) when it gets dark there is a 'light' show which is screen right onto the building! with narration and special effects - so cool and interesting. It was quite fun and everyone brought blankets and chairs to enjoy the show! (http://www.canadascapital.gc.ca/bins/ncc_web_content_page.asp?cid=16297-16298-22878&lang=1)

Then we walked to the Chateau Laurier hotel (a very old landmark - a marble floor old style hotel - very aristrocratic) - dh and I got married there and I took little ds to this staircase and said 'remind you of anything"? He right away started getting excited - ya' that's the staircase in the wedding picture of you and dad that hangs in the living room! I was impressed!

We wandered around a bit (little ds tried to crash a wedding - ha ha ha)...then came upon a room with VERY LOUD MUSIC - lots of cheering and clapping and loads of young girls in FULL MAKEUP AND WONDERFUL COSTUMES - yes you guessed we stumbled upon a DANCE COMPETITION!!! Can you believe this? (Like I haven't see enuf of those) but no we went in to watch a few dances - which were AMAZING! Of course dh and ds lost patience so we had to leave after a couple!

Did not sleep well - up at 8 am (after going to bed at 1 am) - up and trying to get organized to go out BRA SHOPPING - is there anything more depressing? So there's this big sale at Sears and every woman in town is there looking for bras - big lineups for the change room and the line at the cash was long too! I tried on 3 'groups' of bras (like 8 each time I went in) and zilch nada - nothing that fit right or looked good - okay I did find a nice pink bra - but I was there for a BLACK ONE - so I put it back!

Good sales on today so luckily I did manage to get a new nightie (for my cruise - prefer long ones when I'm travelling as opposed to the short ones I wear at home) - pink and white of course! Then found the cutest little pair of fancy black/silver sandals - my new cruise sandals of course! I have such trouble finding shoes that fit that I grabbed them after trying them one. I wish I could find a pic of them - they have a toe loop and a swirl of silver crystal like things over a black elastci over the ankle area (with a silver sole) - okay now that sounds pretty gross? And they were half price ($25 instead of $50) - now they also had them in red - and altho I don't have a lot of red stuff I am thinking I might go back and get the red pair too??

Of course all this shopping got dh, ds and I to the nursery place too late (they were closing at 5) so I was very upset that I still have not found my 'tree' - I cannot do any planting until I have everything plannned out so for now the other bushes are sitting on the front garden patch in their containers - must remember to at least water them tomorrow!

I think I ate too much today? For some reason I feel puffy - maybe too much salt? It was hot and humid today and I did a ton of walking so maybe that's it? Oh ya we also got a PATIO SET on sale - even tho our patio is not quite ready yet - it was a good deal....we are also planning on a new bbq in the very near future.

Can't believe it's monday tomorrow and back to work UGH! At least I did pack up my goodies - I know being prepared for me is half the battle!

Frouf:)

Katpo
07-10-2006, 08:37 AM
Good morning. Frouf, that sounds like quite an exciting weekend you had! I hope you were able to get some good rest along with all the fun. Good luck with the cruise clothes and bra shopping.

I slept horribly last night; didn't go to bed til around midnight, woke up at 1:00, then at 4:00, then had to get up at 6:00. It's going to be a bad day, I already know, because when I got here the VAX (classified engineering computer system) was down and the person who usually fixes it is gone. They're waiting for someone else to get to work. Meanwhile ...

Scale was a solid 143.0 this morning so at least that's some good news. I told Erin and Shaun we would go out for dinner tonight and for them to decide on the place. I can find something suitable no matter where we go, I'm sure.

Well, on with the day ...

Froufy
07-10-2006, 08:57 AM
Good morning - I too am at work - went to bed around 11 pm - but had a hard time falling asleep - I was up a couple of times - mostly cuz dh was up - he is a very very light sleeper - heard him creeping about and resting on the loveseat in our bedroom nook! Dragged myself out of bed around 7:15 to start the day. Dh and ds also up early cuz little ds is going to Aviation camp today - very excited! (remember he is planning to be an astronaut!). This camp takes place at the Aviation Museum - and on thursday he gets to go up in a Cessna! Only challenge is the place is way across town and dh needs to fight morning traffic to get him there by 9 am! (we also had to rush out and get ds a new backpack last night - got quite upset when he realized all he had was either 'bob the builder' or 'buzz lightyear' - both of which were too BABYISH and no way was he going with those! wow!)

Kathy - I think you just should have stayed home in bed today - hope they can fix the system - I guess that might affect your work schedule??? I dared not get on the scale this morning - I had a run in with some olives last night (and salty ginger sesame marinade) and felt very puffy (even my rings are tight today) so I shall try to 'water' myself a bit today.

Speaking of which it is already pretty warm out and as we didn't get any rain last night - we shall be getting some later this afternoon/evening - and for the next couple of days - whooppee!!! Still no plants actually 'in' the ground but they shall get watered by the rain I guess!

I am now having breakfast - I got this fat free/sugar free yogurt (Source) and the flavor is CHOCOLATE CHERRY FONDUE - I was a bit leery (esp cuz I usually have yogurt for breakfast and this did not sound like a breakfast flavor) and I am having it now and it is STUPENDOUS! Very nice light cream chocolate flavor - but it is the chunks of black cherry that really add to the experience. I might even get dh, the resident chocoholic to try some- that would be amazing if I could get him to eat yogurt!!!

Planning on going to the gym after work - need to work on getting to those first 10 lbs!

Later,

Frouf

p.a.
07-10-2006, 09:04 AM
Good Morning chicks,
well after a longggggg bus ride I made it here. Im enjoying a quiet morning so nice. After I get off here Im getting my dvd out and doing my WATP and then having a healthy breakfast then hitting the mall beside me.. Dd and I are going to a fruit and veggie market tonight after she gets off work..can you belive im excited to go to a fruit and veggie market?? shows you I live in a very small town..none even close to me.
Where the heck is Vickie?? Hope everything is alright?? She didnt mention going away did she?
Melissa, Im like Kathy..except I have never tried a pg test..went to the drs each time. But the puking every morning gave me away before I tested positive each time. haha
Frouf the weeping pea shrub you want is it a caragana tree?? I love those..and want one for my backyard as well. Ive also seen weeping flowering crab trees that I love as well...thats why I dont have either ..i have to choose between the two.
Kathy, why dont you try growing your own tomato plant. from seeds..the growing season you have (like all year long haha) you should be able to start one now .
Sandra Im sure that pic will be fine...sleeves or no sleeves. Too funny how everyone feels about sleeveless. I wear sleeveless around the yard...I dont care what the neighbours think but if I go out..I change. or throw a top over.
Paula thats a great yard sale..
Mattandgabbysmom, an iced coffee sounds so good! I love them. Way to go on avoiding the fries too.
Ok IM off to do my dvd here....put it off long enough haha
Have a great day everyone.
ttyl

p.a.
07-10-2006, 09:07 AM
Morning Frouf,,just noticed your post and had to add Ive had the chocolate cherry fondue.. I got mine in a pkg of yogurt called dessert selections..now with a name like that I couldnt resist. I liked all of the flavours in it. My favourite was apple/vanilla with cinnamon. ( forgot the actual name) but it sure was good. I couldnt believe how good they taste and only 50 calories in each one too.....wow!

Mattandgabbysmom
07-10-2006, 09:14 AM
Good morning, I am also very tired, dd got me up at 5:45am. Not much planned for today, I will probably take them to the lake, ds is getting very brave he actually dunks his head under water, last year if you splashed water in his face he acted like he was drowning. DD is blowing bubbles in the water which is also a start. Suppose to rain here also tonight and for the next couple of days so I figured those will be good days to clean out the closets.

Kathy hope you get some rest today, and being the computers are down I hope your day doesn't get more stressfull.

Frouf your ds must be so excited to go to Aviation camp. Too big for Bob the builder & Buzz lightyear, didn't you know that was in style when he was 5, come on mom he is now 7:D :D :D My ds is now fascinated with Superman he keeps watching the original movie on HBO on demand.

Sandra i am actually doing leg exercises in the lake, what fun.

Mattandgabbysmom
07-10-2006, 09:18 AM
p.a. we must of been posting at the same time, you inspired me to go to the library and see if they have watp dvd's and try them out.

Vickie
07-10-2006, 09:25 AM
Good Morning Chicks! I'm here and have been reading and trying to hang on to the wagon with both hands and 10 fingers and 10 toes. Life is seriously trying to throw me some curves right now and I'm desperately trying NOT to use them as an excuse to give up. It's what I'd tell all of you. That's part of why I've not been posting. I feel like a fake for trying to advise any of you when I am not doing what needs to be done myself. Also, my hormones are all out of whack and my normally extroverted personality was just gone. I remain committed to dealing with this whole experience naturally and I'm hoping that healthy eating and exercise will do the trick.

I'm very, very crazy buzy. I'm still trying to support Jim. The menopause symptoms are bizare and difficult to deal with. All that said, I'm a newbie today with loads of grim determination. I'm hoping the joy and enthusiasm will return as I start to become successful again. When I get off of here, I'll be going on to the treadmill. It's the only way. I cannot count on my pool season here to help. That just has to be extra exercise...although a kind I enjoy.

Saturday and Sunday were wild getting ready for Sarah's christening and for yesterday which was the actual event and party. My Niece loved the angel (as you all said she would) and we had a beautiful day. I ate mostly Core but not all. I tried to limit the non-Core items. It wasn't too hard because I am ready for today to begin again.

So I know I can't catch up with everything but I know there was some terrific losses. I'm going to go back to look for those so I can celebrate those with you.

Mattandgabbysmom
07-10-2006, 09:35 AM
Hi Vickie, I am glad you are Ok, don't be so hard on yourself, I can't begin to tell you how many times I have fell off the wagon before. Everyone is here to support you so don't ever feel like a fake, you try your hardest, we are all doing the same battle and it is not an easy one. Glad you had a wonderful time at the Christening and your niece loved the Angel, it is beautiful.

Vickie
07-10-2006, 09:53 AM
Angela, I hope you're continuing to feel better with your meds. I knew someone who had the scope. It wasn't pleasant but she felt much better afterwards.

Kathy, I'm sure you'd love a weekend in Chicago in October. It's usually so beautiful here then. When was the last time you saw a tree with leaves all orange and red! Bummer about your bike.

Frouf, despite my blue mood, I did laugh at your mashed potato post. I, too, have a love affair with mashed potatoes. I've been putting FF sour cream in mine and chicken broth and they taste pretty darned good. Did you know that lo's will freeze? I do it all the time. I put them in 1/2 cup containers and then I have them to go with lo whatevers! Have you found a bra yet? You must go to Lane Bryant. They have the bestest sexiest bras around in our sizes and they fit like a dream. The have pretty colors and patterns too. I highly recommend the trip for you if one even if one is not nearby. Wow Frouf! :bravo: for being 8.2 pounds down and probably more by now! You are going to be the cutest Frouf ever on the cruise. I just know that your dedication to the gym is making a big difference. Did you sign up for 3 months? I never heard of that brand yogurt but you surely make me want to eat it. I guess it would be Core. I don't think we have it here.

Paula, awsome yard sale results! I'd have celebrated too.

Patti, I'm here! I love fruit and veggie markets. I need to go again. Maybe I'll have Jim check the papers.

Melissa, I've never been to a Pampered Chef Party but I hear it's very lucrative to be a demonstrator. Maybe you'd enjoy that. Are you hearing the pitter patter of a tiny guitar player this morning?

Sandra, :bravo: on your FABULOUS loss! I couldn't tell exactly how much you lost but you're lower than you've been in a long time. I know you must feel so proud of yourself. Keep up the great work!

Nikki, my parents showed love with food too. I'm still having a hard time seperating those emotions.

Well, that's as caught up as I can get. I must get on the treadmill by 9:00 so that I can eat breakfast, shower, and get Jim to therapy on time. Then errands.

Thanks for missing me. I still don't feel myself but I'm trying.

ontarget
07-10-2006, 10:34 AM
good morning. i'm up early getting ready to go back to the dentist. i think i have some cement where it shouldn't be around my crown. it's been giving me fits. they are working me in this am.

frouf, i'm glad you, dh, and little ds enjoyed the touring and shopping. what kind of tree are you getting? we almost bought one of those maple trees that turns the pretty pinkish color in autumn but decided not to get it. we enjoy seeing them all over town, though.

kathy, you're going to enjoy going out to eat with the kids. that will be a treat for all 3 of you. i don't mean anything about judd. it's just good every now and then to have time with just the kids.

patti, have fun at the market. i get excited about them, too. we stopped at one sat on the way home from the shoot. i got some beautiful bundles of green onions.

nikki, don't you just love doing those aquatic exercises?

vickie, it's good to have you back. you are needed here and missed. i am glad you're going back on your treadmill. i think we have to have some kind of committed routine, don't you? june 16 i weighed 199.4 at ww. last friday i weighed 186.4. i am weighing here at home (my scales are with the ww scales) and i weighed 185.6 yesterday am. the weight is melting right now. the diet pills and water aerobics are helping me a lot to get past my yo-yo point. i was afraid i'd feel like i was cheating, but i don't. i need help.

got to go get dressed for the dentist. i'll be back later. have a great day, everybody.

Katpo
07-10-2006, 11:03 AM
Sandra, I know what you meant about Judd. It's nice to have him gone for a while ;) and to do things with just the others. When he's home, Shaun is pretty much ignored (by him, at least) and like I told myself last night, I should be making more of an effort to make him feel special. As much as I want him to get on with his life, these last six weeks are going to be hard on us both.

mrshillflipper
07-10-2006, 11:14 AM
Good morning ladies!

First thing, I just wanted to say THANK YOU so VERY much for all of your support regarding my little shorts issue. I ended up going, bearing my legs, and had a great time! You all, of course, were right when it came to just going and having a great time. No one cares about how I look buy myself...So yes, it was a much smaller issue than I thought it would be. Thank you again, so very much!

I hope you all have a great Monday!

Katpo
07-10-2006, 11:31 AM
GREAT! Thanks for reporting back -- I'm SO glad you went and had a good time!!

Froufy
07-10-2006, 11:38 AM
Vickie - you cannot just STOP posting and encouraging us cuz you think you are off the wagon - gosh if I did that I would hardly be on here! :D:D I also feel like a 'fake' sometimes as I am so far off the wagon I can barely see it in the distance....but sometimes hanging in here and listening and 'helping others' (which you do so well) will help you get back on track!

I agree that regular exercise helps (as I am a prime example!) and will make you feel better and more motivated to eat better! Hang in there - we are all rooting for you! (as you root for us!).

Mrshillfillper - I am SO HAPPY that you went and had a great time - you are right - sometimes these things are so 'big' in our heads and yet in person they become smal and inconsequential. I'm sure no one noticed anything and I'm so glad you went!

Patti - I think the flavor you refer to is the 'apple cinammon crumble'? or something like that - it is also VERY VERY GOOD - have you tried the lemon parfait flavor - also quite yummy!

Niki - enjoy the lake - how very brave of your ds! Our almost 8 yr old (with the 'generic' blue/black packpack :D) is now only able to go underwater cuz he wears a mask! I know he relies on it too much cuz he still won't go under without it!

Why am I so HUNGRY today?? I am starving - this is so weird (and of course I just read the menu thread and noticed that Niki is having MASHED POTATOES today which is adding to my misery!). I had a serving of the AMAZING YOGURT (Vickie you would love it!), my usual 2 cups of decaf (around 9:30am) then at 10:30 I had my fruit salad (at least 1.5-2 cups of strawberries, blueberries, kiwi) and now it's like 11:20 and I'm starving again!

I am so looking forward to my lunch now - and shall have to go throw it into the microwave before the big 'office' lineup starts - out of the way - hungry froufie on the rampage!

Frouf
P.S. How cute is this: http://cgi.ebay.com/QUACKER-FACTORY-Sparkle-Shine-Nautical-Twin-Set-1X_W0QQitemZ300005926922QQihZ020QQcategoryZ63885QQ rdZ1QQcmdZViewItem - perfect frouf cruisewear!

ontarget
07-10-2006, 12:15 PM
i'm back from the dentist. there was some cement where it should be. i told the lady who got rid of it for me that she now has a new best friend. it's amazing how the little things can effect you. now i'm feeling fantastic and plan to do some yard/house work today before going to water aerobics tonight. speaking of which, a gf is going with me tonight. should be fun.

kathy, i'm glad you knew what i was talking about. you and the kids will have a good time tonight. let us know where you go. you know i'm living in texas via you right now.

mrs h, i'm glad you went. now i'm not one to say, "see? i told you so." but............ seriously, i'm glad you had a good time.

frouf, i don't mean to rub it in but we're having mashed taters today, too. i got a recipe off tlc's "take home chef" that i'm going to look at making. if i can tweak it to core-ize it, i will. if not, regular core taters.

that is a cute top. did you bid?

Katpo
07-10-2006, 01:02 PM
I keep looking over my shoulder every time I go to the grocery store. I just know that someday Mr. Take Home Chef will be waiting for me. ;)

p.a.
07-10-2006, 01:48 PM
*keep looking over my shoulder every time I go to the grocery store. I just know that someday Mr. Take Home Chef will be waiting for me. *
and isnt he a cutie Kathy...love the accent!:dizzy:
Im glad your still here Vickie!! whether your on track or not , we want you here! Its just as important to be here if your not on track,,,its all part of the weigh loss journey we are on TOGETHER!! :hug:
Frouf,,looks like you need some protein in that meal....why not add a boiled egg for breakfast? You are going to be the cutest Frouf on that cruise no matter what you weigh.....remember that!! :dancer:
Nikki, I hope you do check out the dvds...if I can do them , anyone can. Very low impact.
Sandra why dont you try growing your own green onions..throw them in a pot and let them grow away..they are so easy to grow. AND you can let the bulbs get as big as you want! Glad the cement is gone,,,I dont like anything going on in my mouth..I pick and pick at it till it hurts.
Mrshillflipper,,I dont think I said welcome to the core board..glad you found it here..its a great place..with lots of support!! and great advice like you got! Glad you went and had a great time.
Ok ladies,,boy having high speed here at my dds is very nice......I may have to think about this when I get home..haha.
have a great day everyone
ttyl

Froufy
07-10-2006, 01:49 PM
Oh ya - no Lane Bryants and no Take Home Chefs here (altho that does sound interesting? do you realy get to take the chef home? How long does he stay? ha ha ha).

Sandra - No did not officially bid yet - I am 'watching the item' to see how it goes - I think there are still 5 days before bidding ends so I will check in periodically!

I am so glad your 'crown' now fits perfectly - have a lovely afternoon and enjoy your swimming exercise!

Okay done my lunch now - may soon be time for the banana dessert!...and more water of course!

Isn't it time to go home yet?

Frouf

sauniemay
07-10-2006, 01:50 PM
Had a wonderful weekend. The highlight was the beach at Sandbanks. We swam and walked a lot. The weather was perfect and we took advantage of it. We also had some good meals and I enjoyed the wine tasting.:) It looks like everyone has been busy.

Vickie, it's hard to get re-motivated. You are such a good motivator, so just look into the mirror and smile and say "yes I can".:) Your cheerful pep talks are so special here.

Kathy, sounds like a good evening is planned, and it is nice to get together with your kids. I know that you'll have a good time.

Sandra, glad that you're cement is off. We know how we are suppose to feel, so good for you to go back. CONGRATULATIONS on the loss. You are bound and determined and an inspiration around here.

Frouf CONGRATULATIONS to you too. Wow, the gym has been the right move for you. I'm so glad to hear your enthusiasm.

Melissa, maybe, maybe....it'll happen sooner or later.:) Like said before, it's been so long, and I don't know anything about the new tests out there. It does make sense to do another one

Patti, sounds like you're in for a fun time. You sure have everything planned well down to the right music.:D

Niki, you're so lucky to be near all those beaches. We just love the water.

Paula, glad the sale went well, good luck on the move.

Angela, it must feel good to be getting better. Hope you don't have to have the surgery.

sauniemay
07-10-2006, 02:00 PM
http://im1per.shutterfly.com/procrserv?ci=47b6d931b3127cce8a84f34874e8000000101 02AbtXDhm1aMX&si=00100453885720060710175616044.JPG&jstime=1152554312954&r=0&ph=65535&rx=304&ry=304&retall=1

Taken on the ferry coming home.

ontarget
07-10-2006, 02:10 PM
i did core the cajun taters. i also added some jalapeno. (too much!) we'll eat in a few minutes. we may have to call the fire department to put out the flames.

kathy, i'd like that chef to visit here, too. wouldn't that be neat? well, i don't want to be on tv, but i would like him to come over and cook.

patti, high speed must be nice. i'm still on dial up. i may try growing onions next year. thanks for the tip.

frouf, i bid on sas shoes sometimes.

saundra, it's good to have you back. i missed you. a weekend away has to be sooooo relaxing.

Katpo
07-10-2006, 02:21 PM
What a GREAT picture, Saundra! Sounds like such a fun time too!

Katpo
07-10-2006, 03:42 PM
http://www.chiquita.com/whole.asp?category=discover&subcategory=product_families&file=pfMinis.asp

Have you all seen these? How CUTE!!

mrshillflipper
07-10-2006, 03:59 PM
Hello everyone,

Because you all have been such a great help, do any of you know where I may find e-card for weight loss? A few of us at work have been struggling, myself included after a 3 lbs gain today, and I thought a little encouragement might help. If you have any suggestions, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks a bunch!

Vickie
07-10-2006, 04:11 PM
Hi Chicks! I'm back from shuttling Jim to PT and errands. I got some beautiful blueberries from Sam's.

Sandra, I've had lo cement too. It hurts like the dickens! Enjoy your water aerobics and gardening.

Saundra, you two are just an adorable couple. Your hair looks great too! It's nice that you had a great time. I'm sure it was hard to come home.

Frouf, I LOVE that set. Go for it. I really like Quaker Factory. Did you see that there is a 3 piece capri set as Today's Special Value? Banana dessert....what did I miss?

Kathy, I've seen those bananas. Sometimes they would be just perfect.

I'm going to run now and make some muffins to take with to the Niece's house. We are going over for party leftovers. I'll have Core potato salad and chicken and maybe some fruit. I think I'll bring a bag of edamame because I know she doesn't have any veggies.

I did get on the treadmill. Hard....very hard!

Katpo
07-10-2006, 04:27 PM
Mrs ... I did a Google search on "weight loss greeting cards" and came up with quite a few. Try that if you will. We had some here at one time but they're in the middle of doing some upgrades and so the link isn't there at the moment.

Vickie, my coworker was telling me about those bananas and I had never ever heard of such! I searched and found that ... you are so right about them being the right size sometimes. In a smoothie or recipe, the big ones would be good but there are those times when I just want half of a banana but don't want to waste the other half (and we all know how effective plastic wrap is on a cut banana!). I'm going to look for them.

Enjoy your visit and party leftovers! And congrats on that treadmill session!

sauniemay
07-10-2006, 04:31 PM
http://www.onmyweigh.com/tools.html

mrshillflipper, this is a sight to manage weight loss. It may help.

Vickie, good for the treadmill. It will get easier? We went for two power walks including hills. It's easier in holiday mode.:)

Kathy, are you up and running?

Katpo
07-10-2006, 05:03 PM
They rebooted the system around 9:30 this morning. It was the classified system anyway, not the PC, so I've had my internet all day. I have multiple computers on my desk which sometimes can get a little annoying.

ontarget
07-10-2006, 05:47 PM
saundra, that's a great photo. thank you for sharing it with us. you two are a mighty handsome couple.

kathy, those minis are cute. i wonder if they are 1 pt each if counting pts. i'm glad everything's up and working again. i know you've been frustrated waiting. i can't imagine having several puters around.

vickie, congrats on getting on the treadmill. enjoy your visit tonight. how is jim doing? i'm guessing he's doing well and is on his way to being his old self again.

aghiowa
07-10-2006, 05:49 PM
I've had those "mini" bananas. They're not exactly like regular bananas. I think the consistency is a little different, and they're sweeter. So try them before you buy a whole bunch. Ha ha.

Angela

septembersgoal
07-10-2006, 07:32 PM
Hi everyone! Just stopping by really quickly to say hello. :wave:

Saundra, that's a great photo! I'm so glad that you had a good weekend. Sounds very relaxing!

Sandra, you are doing so great. You are really inspiring me. What are the pills you are taking again?

Kathy, I had never noticed those bananas. I hope that you are enjoying your evening with your kids.

Vickie, I'm sooo glad to see you back here. Please don't feel bad about not being op. You know I never am. ;) Seriously, we miss you when you're not around. It sounds like you are determined to stick to your guns. I think you're doing great.

You know I just ate dinner and I'm already hungry? My body is nutso. :dizzy:
I've gotta get...something done! :D

ontarget
07-10-2006, 07:47 PM
vickie, that lo cement was awful. i am so glad it's finally out. did you have yours in very long before you got it removed?

melissa, i'm taking phentermine. it's the good phen not the one that causes heart problems. i talked to both my doctor and pharmacist about it before i started taking it. now if you're pg, you don't need to be taking anything without talking to your doctor.

i weeded some rose beds and did some pruning. one hour from now we'll be heading to water aerobics. i am getting some exercise today for sure. and it feels great.

p.a.
07-10-2006, 09:33 PM
Ive seen those bananas as well...my old boss bought me some one time..the only thing is they went bad very fast!

Froufy
07-10-2006, 10:17 PM
I used to buy those mini bananas for ds' lunch bag - much more his 'size' than the big ones! They are awfully cute!

Saundra - sounds like you had a lovely and relaxing weekend - great shot of the two of you - nothing like warm breezes while on the water!

Vickie - I saw the same twinset on the Quacker factory site for $59 us - I will definitely bid on this if the price stays low (auction ends in 6 days so lots of time!). I did bid on a win one of the four piece weekender sets and I am so excited - the lobster red/black one: red collared black polo with little red lobsters all over it, black/white striped t-shirt w/3 red lobsters on front and red piping, black capris with little red lobsters all around the bottom and same on black mid-calf skirt! (just like this: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300004290732&ih=020&category=15807&ssPageName=FavMerch_BH:SI1:IT). All for $20 US (brand new! - I think it's around $55 on the website!). Plus $10 for S&H - but still worth it!!

Well I have been famished today and I don't know why! Always hungry! Had big snack of veggies and dip at work (3:30 pm) - went to the gym - got home - had lemon garlic marinated chicken w/veggies and brown rice...then still hungry after dinner. Ended up eating a whole bag of microwave popcorn and diet pepsi around 8 pm - and now it's 10 and I'm almost hungry again!...and of course my weight is up - I am now gaining weight - what's up with that????

Sandra - are you taking an ovc pill or prescription? What is it called? Does it have any side effects?

Vickie - hope you have 'conquered' the treadmill and are back on track - we need you here to keep us all in line and motivated! Hope you had a nice LO dinner w/your niece!

I have a day full of meetings tomorrow -guess I have to 'dress' (instead of my more casual summer wear?) - also interviewing someone for my vacant position - KEEPING ALL FINGERS AND TOES CROSSED THAT THIS WORKS OUT - otherwise I am in a real pickle!

I am getting a bit panicked as again I don't want to weigh myself as I feel I am gaining now instead of losing? and now getting hunger pangs! and I DON'T WANT TO EAT ANYMORE! Maybe I shall just go to bed and hope for the best!

Nitey nite!

Frouf

Vickie
07-11-2006, 09:48 AM
Good Morning Chicks! I don't feel my normal self but I'm trying really hard. I having my morning coffee with you all while I get ready to plan and start my day.

Saundra, I hope the treadmill gets easier. In the meantime, I'm trying to make it just part of what I do every morning...like coming here. It just has to be that way. Do I sound grimly determined? I am. I really don't get endorphins but that's ok as long as the weight comes off.

Sandra, thanks so much for asking about Jim. He's truly doing amazing but I expected that from him. He's doing everything he is supposed to be doing and the PT says he has very good range of motion. There's one motion he can't do too well but they say it's ok since that's the last to return. He's still taking pain medicine but will probably end that soon. He goes back to the Doctor on July 17th. You're a better troupe than I. I think I went back the same afternoon or the next morning to get the cement out. It felt like something stabbing me 24/7!

Frouf, I love Quaker Factory and have yet to buy and keep any of it. Do you hand wash and lay flat to dry? I'm always put off by that. I'd be willing to wash on gentle in the machine and hang dry. What do you do? I LOVED the lobster outfit. How very cute for your cruise. Is TOM looming? I always got hungry, and of course bloated, right before it came. I wouldn't worry about the gain since it's probably water from the salt if nothing else. Are you using the lemon garlic marinade that I posted or are you trying another recipe? I'm always looking for new ones and lemon is my new taste to die for! I hope you find the person of your dreams in the interview today. Everything crossed here! I hope you didn't weigh yourself last night. I did and it was frigteningly high. This morning it was back down to normal. It was very humid here yesterday and I, too, ate a lot of salt. I hope your morning scale was kinder to you.

Time for me to go do my banking and have some breakfast. I have alot to do, including the treadmill, before I take Jim to PT today. I'll be back later.

Angela, quite the comedienne, aren't you?! How are your sinuses?

Melissa, I've had that happen to me where I eat and I'm hungry a short time later. I always blame it on what I ate. Usually I think it's because it wasn't what I truly wanted. Or maybe you're just having a hungry day. That happens sometimes. We miss you too, you know!

Mattandgabbysmom
07-11-2006, 10:00 AM
Good Morning chickies, I went to WW last night and lost 1.5 I really thought I lost more but I will take it. Weird thing is I weighed myself about 5pm, then again at 6pm and I was up a lb and when I got weighed at ww it was the same weight as the 6pm one. Oh well at least it was still a loss. I need to stay home today and do laundry and clean out closets, I am having dd's 3rd birthday party in a few weeks at home and I need to organize, that reminds me I also need to get her invitations out today.

Saundra beautiful picture, very handsome couple.

Froufie I love the twin set very Nautical. Oh by the way, remember I was making mashed potatoes for dinner, well I made a nice amount and I decided to eat after I weighed in and went grocery shopping. I get home about 8:30pm and after I put everything away it is time to eat, needless to say I am HUNGRY. I take the lid of the pot and my mashed potatoes are almost gone, dh decided to pick at them while he was waiting for us to eat :( The children ate before I left thank goodness or I would of had a tablespoon of mash.

Vickie
07-11-2006, 10:06 AM
Niki, :bravo: on your loss! 1.5 is magnificient! :carrot: You should be very happy with that. That other pound will drop off next week. Not to worry! :D

Ok, you're all making me have a taste for mashed potatoes. I'm thinking there's a roast chicken in my future. Mmmmmm......roast chicken and mashed potatoes, yum! I can't eat breakfast for another 20 minutes but I'm hungry enough now.

Mattandgabbysmom
07-11-2006, 10:08 AM
Good morning Vickie, we must of been posting at the same time. I have the same problem with getting on my stationary bike, I had dh bring it up from the basement so I would use it , I really need to push myself more to get going and exercise. Glad to hear Jim is doing well.

sauniemay
07-11-2006, 10:08 AM
Good morning.
I just made a second batch of Vickie's muffins. Yesterday, I used a half a mashed ripe banana instead of the apple sauce and a mixture of strawberries and blueberries. Today, I stuck with the banana and used white chocolate pudding (ran out of vanilla) and a pint of raspberries. I'm going to keep them in the freezer. Bernie tried one yesterday and liked it. I'll have to hide them now.:D

I was up 1.5 pounds from the weekend, and down 1 today. I'm learning that I can "splurge" a little when away, as long as I get right back on plan when I come home.

I've got a few errands to do today and am picking Adam up from work at 4:00and taking him to a job interview. He doesn't have or want a car, so I try to be there for him in special cases.

Hope you're all doing well and I'll see what's up later.....

sauniemay
07-11-2006, 10:12 AM
Boy, I missed everybody. Niki, congrats on your loss. You're doing it the right way, steady decline.
Vickie, good to hear that Jim is doing well. Bernie's been good about not overdoing his knee. He says the pain is getting less intense.

Vickie
07-11-2006, 10:36 AM
Saundra, great news on Bernie! Oh, I never thought of the white chocolate and raspberries. I almost drooled! Have you frozen them successfully? It is SO great to hear that you are really mastering maintenance. I hope to be there asking for your guidance one day.

Vickie
07-11-2006, 10:36 AM
I'm making the blueberry today because I got a huge vat of blueberries from Sam's.

Vickie
07-11-2006, 10:45 AM
Sandra, I forgot to tell you that everyone RAVED about the lemon pop cake at the party. I used a whole egg instead of just the white and also added one tablespoon of poppyseeds. It wasn't Core but it was worth the 3 points. The jury is out on the poppyseeds. I loved them and so did some. Others said skip them next time. It's definitely a keeper. Thanks to you and your GF!

septembersgoal
07-11-2006, 10:51 AM
Morning! :sunny: I've already been super busy today but I'm going to try to catch up here for a few minutes. If I disappear abruptly you'll know someone wants me to work. :s:

Vickie, thanks, I miss you all too. I know I haven't been around quite as much lately. I've been feeling bad for being so far gone from the wagon and not being op at all. I've also been super busy with all of the house stuff, and I haven't been able to get on at work as much. Imagine that! As you say, Harumpf! :lol: I'm so glad that Jim is doing well and things aren't as stressful as you imagined. (Right?) Your determination is really inspiring. I know you think we just say that but we don't, it's true. :hug:

Saundra, what a great idea! I have a bunch of bananas that are going bad. Can I just sub the bananas for the berries? Thanks for the idea! Congrats on managing your weight from the weekend. You're a great maintenance example! Are you working this week?

Angela, I hope that you are feeling much better by now, and that you don't have to have that scope!

Frouf, you too are doing so great! Maybe all of that exercise is making you more hungry than usual? That was the first thing I thought of anyway. I mean you are doing really great with the gym. Maybe your body is craving some more calories. :shrug: Good luck with the interview today, hope it all works out the way you want.

Niki, :woo: Congrats on your loss! That is so great. I'm very impressed!

Well I know that I'm not caught up but I better get back to work. I have a precious hour before clients start showing up. :p I hope that you all have wonderful op days! I'm going to keep trying!

Katpo
07-11-2006, 11:01 AM
Quick fly-by ... can't stay. Just a few notes though: you folks better STEP AWAY from those mashed potatoes! :rollpin:

I love the white chocolate pudding too, but the cheesecake flavor is what I add to fruit. You'd never know it wasn't some horribly sinful dessert!

Scale is still down so I'm happy about that, although not officially weighing until next Monday. I'd like to be 141 by then but we'll see. I won't cry if I'm not, because I'm right between a 6 and 8 in my jeans and don't want to buy new ones. I think the 8s are fine but don't want them to get too loose. They look ugly like that.

I decided against the mini bananas since they have more sugar. No need to set off any cravings, plus if the consistency isn't the same, then blech. No thanks. Angela, I appreciate you saying that before I bought a "bunch." :lol:

Good news on Bernie's knee and good luck to Adam at the interview.

Congrats on the loss, Niki!

Cute sets, Frouf. They will be perfect cruise wear! I wish I could, but I can't wear things with sequins and beads because it's overpowering and Judd says it looks like something his mom would wear, but I love to see it on other people. I don't do "decorations".

Vickie, enjoy your day of running around. I have a zillion errands to do too and am not looking forward to doing it all between 7 and 9 tonight. I got here late and didn't sleep well (again!) due to dogs moving around and kids opening and closing the door, so I have to stay here until 6:30 tonight, darn it!

Last night we went to Red Lobster and I had a salad then one skewer of grilled shrimp (I think there were 7-8 of them) from the appetizer menu. It was just enough.

Well this didn't turn out to be all that short, did it? :lol: Guess I'm a blabbermouth today. I'll be back in a while though. Happy day.

Froufy
07-11-2006, 11:17 AM
Oh but of course Froufs love sparkly shiny things - esp if it's in pink! Not too much of course - but just enuf to draw the eye to the sparklies and not the jigglies on the frouf! :D:D ha ha ha

Kathy - great job at Red Lobster - I think those grilled shrimp skewers are the 'best' thing (low fat) on the menu! I usually can't resist the garlic cheese buns tho!

Vickie - good for you for making the treadmill a 'routine' part of your day. I am off to the gym after work today again! (I won't be able to go tomorrow but will go again thurs and/or friday). I am a bit disappointed with my 'unofficial' weigh in - this am I was 212.8 (almost 8 lbs down - I think the 211.8 I saw the other day was a fluke or my scale was just teasing me?). But it's all good - hope to get weighed and measured on thurs or friday for my 'official numbers' at the gym.

I think I really need to bid on the blue nautical twin set - what color pants would you wear it with? That is what I am now pondering. And Vickie do you think this busy frouf lays stuff out flat to dry? I just wash on gentle cycle - dry 'lightly' on permanent press then hang on hanger (and yes I try to avoid any ironing as well!).

Must try to make those muffins - of course no 'exciting' sf/ff pudding flavors here - I think we are stuck w/chocolate and vanilla- need to but some oatbran if I remember correctly.

Actually had a muffin this morning! Ended up getting a coffee at the coffee shop downstairs (I am out of my starbucks coffee at work!!!) and saw they had these lf whole wheat strawberry muffins - and you know what? It tasted pretty crappy! I think I had maybe a third of one - then chucked in the garbage (and it cost $1.50!) - I sure wish I could have at least enjoyed it! (Now of course I am super hungry - waiting for lunch - might have a banana).

Niki - congrats on being down 1.5 - good for you!:carrot: :carrot: That other pound that snuck up on you will be gone in no time! As for all this talk of mashed potatoes - I would have been INSANE of course if I came home hungry and the pot was empty! Watch out!

Angela - hope your 'nose' if free and clear today!

Saundra - it is inspiring to see you manage to fit in treats and then go back on plan when required - I have always found that so hard to do!

Okay - dh just called - wants to have lunch w/me but I can't leave my office (expecting call from consultant) - so he is going to get something and come eat here with me (thank god for an early lunch - ha ha ha).

Later,

Frouf

Katpo
07-11-2006, 11:24 AM
At first I thought the nautical top was screaming WHITE CAPRIS ... now I'm not so sure. Is there white on it or is that silver? And do you think there are two black circles, one on each side? Maybe black pants if so. What about you? What are you leaning toward?

ontarget
07-11-2006, 11:44 AM
frouf, i was just thinking of telling you about the meds i'm taking. i am not very hungry at all. i am taking prescription phenteramine. it's supposed to be the "good" phen according to my doctor and pharmacist. it's not supposed to side effect the heart. at first i had trouble sleeping but after 2 or 3 nights i got over that. i get a little jittery when i first take them but after a bit that goes away. i won't be taking them when i start back training. now's the perfect time for me. i do recommend them. they plus exercise are helping me melt pounds away. i've dropped 14 lbs since june 16 according to my ww card. my doctor told me to take the pills and do ww. he actually told me to do core but i'm floreing. i'm to go back to his office at the end of 1 month on the pills (bringing my ww card) and he will evaluate and write me another prescription if he thinks that's best. i'm thinking i'll be on these 3 months. after that, i will have to continue doing ww on my own.

vickie, that's great news about jim. before curtis had his first shoulder replaced, he was afraid he wouldn't have much range of motion at all. now he has pretty good range in both shoulders. it's amazing what modern med can do, isn't it? my gums are still sore from all the poking i put them through before they got the cement out. those were awful days. i don't blame you for going in sooner. i was just sooooo tired of going to doctors. i was trying to heal myself. didn't work. :lol:

nikki, congratulations on losing that 1.5 lbs. you know you lost more and it will show up soon in your favor. i am happy for you.

saundra, you have maintenance down to a pat. that's fantastic. it's good to know a splurge can fall into your life, isn't it? i am going to join you in a few months. i can feel it.

we have some of those sam's blueberries. well, they are curtis'. maybe i can use a few in muffins. is that recipe in breakfasts or desserts?

vickie, i'm glad the cake went over well. that makes me smile.

melissa, you do an amazing amount of stuff every day. i am impressed with your energy. have a good day today. how're things going for you this week? i remember you went to farmer's market and got a lot of goodies.

kathy, it's hard to just post a little bit here, isn't it? i never thought of ordering that at red lobster. great idea. i used to order coconut shrimp off the appetizer. much more fattening.

Mattandgabbysmom
07-11-2006, 11:46 AM
Frouf, on the twin set maybe cream, tan or anything in the brown family, just athought.

sauniemay
07-11-2006, 11:48 AM
I like the white capris for day, and if there is black in the sweater, black for night. You might as well get lots of use from the set.:)

Kathy, Red Lobster sounds good, and the shrimp were a great choice. Their buns were always a killer for me!

I think the sun is finally going to come out, so I'm going to get going now.

sauniemay
07-11-2006, 12:20 PM
Melissa, I used the mashed bananas to replace the "wet" applesauce. I think if you used them instead of the berries, the batter would be too moist.:)

p.a.
07-11-2006, 01:04 PM
Morning chickies,
Well we made it to the fruit and veggie market last night...omg ..it was fantastic! I found so much. I even got a bag of shelled peas for 2 dollars. I have never seen them shelled before. That was my snack last night. I think Im going to head back there later.
Got in my dvd this morning and then heading back to the mall to look for some crocs. I love those shoes, but I think Im leanign towards the thongs instead. Do any of you have them?? some people think they are so ugly but if you have problems with your feet you will love them. My sil wears them all day and swears by them. I think she has about 4 different colors now..hah they are so bright!! so cool.
Not much else on the agenda today..actually slept in this morning..wow. Felt great too.
Melissa, you have alot on your plate right now, your stress from your job, your new house,, baby planning. I dont blame you for not being on program.
Vickie, I was wondering if there is anything you can take for perimenopause? I know alot of woman dont like taking drugs but if it helps you?? I thought there was something herbal you can take too..but cant remember what its called. Evening primrose?? was it Saundra who mentioned it? ohh my memory is bad. What about trying something ....
Kathy potatoes are good for you..its what you put in them that makes them bad...no need to hide from them. I like to use lots of garlic and skim milk in mine..I dont even miss the butter!
Frouf, just think of how you felt 8 pounds ago...now look at you. exercising and eating healthy again! If your still hungry what about drinking more water?? Alot of times thirst is mistaken for hunger...sounds crazy dosnt it?
Sanra, 14 pounds....wow...im impressed!
Saundra looks like you figured out the program.....I have to try your muffins one of these days..Im afraid I may like them too much though. I bought some cadbury thin mint chocolate bars yesterday,,had one and put the rest in the freezer...ohhh they are so good and tempting. Im not a chocolate person either but I love choc and mint.
Nikki did you find the dvd at the library??
Ok off to shower here and then look for some shoes..
have a great day everyone

sauniemay
07-11-2006, 01:12 PM
Patti, it sounds like you're having a ball. Where abouts are you vacationing?

Katpo
07-11-2006, 01:17 PM
Kathy potatoes are good for you..its what you put in them that makes them bad...no need to hide from them. I like to use lots of garlic and skim milk in mine..I dont even miss the butter!
A medium sized white potato has the same glycemic impact on your blood sugar as 29-1/2 teaspoons of sugar. WW made a huge mistake by including them on the Core list, in my very very very honest opinion. People will argue that there is a lot of fiber, but that's in the skin and I'd say 95% don't eat the skin. They excluded whole grains such as breads because it COULD be a trigger food for some people (I can decide my own trigger foods, by the way) but allow white potatoes. How many people who are carb addicts can stop at one serving? If moderation was commonplace, the whole gazillion dollar diet industry would probably collapse.

Stepping off of the soapbox now ...

p.a.
07-11-2006, 04:30 PM
Im assuming, (and you guys know the plan better then me) that they included it because we are only supposed to eat one serving?? Plus they are fat free...as most foods on the Core plan are. As for the glycemic impact on your blood sugar....it would be interesting (and maybe you know Kathy) how all fruits and veggies affect your blood sugar. Im thinking bananas have lots of sugar in them dont they? what else does? :shrug:

Katpo
07-11-2006, 04:58 PM
Potatoes are pretty high up on the list. Even though potatoes are vegetables, they don't have the same impact as the colorful vegetables. Naturally occurring sugars, like the ones in fruit, are different than the starch in a potato. I don't know much more about it than anyone else; I have just tried to watch it closely due to the heart disease and diabetes that runs rampant in my family. Part of what's factored into GI foods is not only their impact, but their response, or how quickly they can raise or lower your blood sugar. There are times when you want or need to raise it quickly, like if you already have low blood sugar and it tends to drop during exercise. I suppose that's why they recommend carbs before heavy exercise?? Don't know ... but anyway. As for the fruits and colorful vegetables, I think their good components outweigh the bad. Dried raises the GI tremendously so that's why dates, raisins, etc. aren't allowed. Also, the longer a food like pasta or potato is cooked, the faster the glycemic response; supposedly a baked potato is lower though, than a boiled potato. I think the thing that makes the biggest difference is that Core has no restrictions on amounts and so some foods tend to be overconsumed, and one that tastes good is just that much harder to resist those second or third helpings, or "I'll just have one more little spoonful". We've all been there, I'm sure! And as for the fat-free products, the sugar is usually higher. I'm not convinced that fat-free is any better than the regular product, but I guess it depends on where you want your calories to come from -- calories or fat. Either way, you're gonna get 'em.

Now some expert might come in here and completely blow all that out of the water ... say I'm the biggest idiot there ever was. :lol:

Katpo
07-11-2006, 05:17 PM
You know what though? I'm not here to critique anyone else's choices ... so I take back everything I said about stepping away from the potatoes! We're all big girls and can decide what we want. Just like I said I'll decide my own trigger foods, everyone else is free to do the same.

I think I'll just go back to quiet mod status: stick/unstick threads, keep the trolls at bay, and make sure that nobody posts a link to a porn site ( :lol: ).

nurseinnc
07-11-2006, 07:28 PM
Hello everyone. Sorry I wasn't able to post yesterday or until now. I am supposed to be at work tonight but I am on call. We have to get 5 admissions before I will be called in. I worked last night and was sooooo busy all night. I am glad for the break tonight even if I end up having to go in later. I am using the time to pack some stuff....I am really tired of packing. Oh well, it must be done. I better get back to packing in case I have to go to work later. Have a great evening everyone.

Vickie
07-11-2006, 07:46 PM
Hi Chicks! Whew....another busy day. I haven't sat down all day. Ran to Walmart and then to pick up Jim. I came home, put away the stuff I bought, did some laundry and made some blueberry muffins. I just finished cooking dinner and am mostly done cleaning up. I told Jim I needed 10 minutes in front of the computer to unwind. He's a great guy.

Oh yeah...and I walked on the treadmill before I left. Only did 25 minutes. I wore out quick today. My treadmill is acting funny again. I hope it's not the motor. It won't increase speed while I'm walking on it. Sigh.

So let me go see what's been up with all of you.

Vickie
07-11-2006, 08:05 PM
Thanks, Melissa! You are one sweetie pie. Jim's situation is not as stressful as I thought it would be. I sure am tuckered out though. He's trying to help anyway he can with things that won't hurt his shoulder. I don't complain out loud to him because I don't want him to force himself to do things that he shouldn't. You'll get back op soon. It's hard to follow any program when you don't have the time to plan, shop, and cook. Sometimes you just have to make choices that don't coincide with the program.

Frouf, Melissa made a great point.....the exercise could be making you a bit more hungry. Patti could also be right about needing to drink more water. I find that when I'm successful on Core, I need to drink at least eight 8 ounce glasses of pure water in addition to my other beverages. I think that fiber needs to get washed through! I'm with you GF...I love the sparkly. Thanks for telling me how you handle your Quaker Factory stuff. Now I won't be afraid to order it anymore! Woo Hoo! I'll go look at the outfit again when I finish this message. I'm afraid to lose this post if I try to look again now.

Kathy, my fingers are crossed that you hit 141 on Monday if that's what will make you happy! I'm not backing away from my potatoes though! You make some excellent points and for sure we need to make sure that we stick to one serving. You're right....we've all got to learn what our triggers are and deal with them in a rationale way. Actually for me, it's harder to eat one serving of avocado than it is to eat one serving of mashed potatoes. Weird huh? I'm still trying to finish reading the Sugar Solution from Prevention Magazine. It's all about the glycemic index which I'm very interested in. You probably know enough to be a Nutritionist!

Patti, I never heard of Crocs. I'm a Clarks and Birkie girl, myself. Sooooo comfortable. It's all about comfort for me now! I think Sandra and my friend Deborah both recommended evening primrose. I need to do some research to see what it's all about. I'm open to considering natural alternatives. I'll check my Sugar Solution book to see the glycemic index of fruits and veggies. I know there are a couple of lists in there. I don't think it recommended to avoid the high glycemic foods but rather to limit them to one serving in a day. Maybe that's the reason that we can only have potatoes/rice/pasta once daily.

Alrighty then, I'm off to clean the broiler pan. Harumpf! That was for you, Melissa! ;)

I'll be back tomorrow!

Katpo
07-11-2006, 08:14 PM
Vickie, I have heard from more than one source that EPO is good for PMS. E-I-E-I-O. That's what I always feel like saying when I have more than one acronym in a sentence. :lol3:

I'm closing this one and starting another. 200+ posts is pretty much our new limit. See you on the other board!