LA Weight Loss - LAWL Losers and Friends July, 2006

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

LadyIzzy
07-02-2006, 01:57 AM
Yea to the new month.

Tomkyn
07-02-2006, 08:21 AM
Good morning and Happy July everyone. As of this week I've been on LAWL for a month, I'm down 11 lbs for it.

My week challenge didn't go so well. I ended up going with my BF to his home city on friday and we stayed until saturday night. He's still there but I had to work sunday morning. (It's 6:18 am and I've been at work for 18 minutes, all 18 of which I've spent catching up on the boards here. yay!) We ended up going out to eat with his friends several times and it was very hard to find something I could eat. Eating out is hard, hard, hard. When the BF and I go out, we usually go somewhere where I can get fish or seafood of some kind. Talking a group of people who don't really know me into going where I want to go was not happening. I made the best choices possible, but they weren't perfect. Oh well, back in the game today.

It's also TOM, so I feel enormous and bloated.

But my mood is high so that's always a plus. It makes it easier when you're not feeling blue. I hope everyone is having a very good holiday weekend, and good luck plowing through all the pot lucks and buffets that people set out to tempt you with. Everyone is going to be wonderful, I just know it.

PURPLEPIRATE99
07-02-2006, 10:43 AM
Hi ya chickies -

Wow Winkie - 4 lbs?? !!!! Did you do limited or unlimited?? that is such an awesome loss - I'm actually thinking of doing TO again mabe during 2 days that I don't train so I don't get too drained.......

Sherry - that was very nice of your landlord to do the week free for July since everything is not quite ready and in tip top shape!!!! Way to go losing that 2.2 especially with all the stress of moving and closing!!!

Lisa - sounds like you had a great treat to Taste of Chicago - doesn't sound like you did too much if any damage.

Psycgirl - way to go on the donut licking NSV - that is great...that is kind of one of those life changing moments when you know things have changed......
I totally understand about the southern grub - it is hard to resist sometimes, but luckily most of my family is now doing more potluck type stuff than cooking it all - that way you can bring something POP!!!!!

Sommer - I'm so with you about the bad eating yesterday and the TOM coming - I feel yuck and bloated - maybe that is why yesterday just started me out all wron - I'm still not feeling good this morning - don't know if it is the normal stomach problems or TOM or the junk I ate yesterday......

okay, well girls - I will admit - I did absolutely horrible totally POOP yesterday - I didn't really plan on it - but it happened. First I ended up having a ham biscuit and FF for late brunch b/c I was starving - then went to a b-day pool party - and I had one hot dog - which wasn't too bad, but I kept snacking of the birthday cake.....by the afternoon - I felt yucky and just totally gross from consuming too much cake - needless to say - I didn't even eat dinner. Of course, my day didn't start too well - I was on-call for work and got woke up at the crack of dawn by a customer - YUCK!!! So from there My whole day went sour....I was tired all day and just didn't feel well....but today is a new day and I'm going to do so much better!!!!

Tomkyn
07-02-2006, 11:10 AM
I'm with you Heather, today is going to be better because I can't see how it could be worse than yesterday! And you know what? I felt just terrible this morning. I could actually feel all the crap inside and it made me feel sick to my stomach. I haven't felt sick off of food since I stopped being a hardcore vegetarian and transitioned meat back into my life.

But you know what I noticed? Yesterday at a friend's house we were sitting around watching a movie and someone had brought soft batch chocolate chip cookies. I decided to have one, it was hard to watch everyone scarfing them down and me having to keep saying, "No thank you". So I ate my one, very, very slowly. One lovely bite at a time. And it tasted so excellent. I really "enjoyed" that cookie, down to the last bite. I didn't realize that foods could taste so good after being "not that special" for so long.

I'm not going to have any more cookies, but when I do start to integrate foods back into my life that right now I'm saying no to, I'm going to spend the time to really enjoy them on the few occasions they come up.

Debbie24
07-02-2006, 12:47 PM
Sommer is that a new pic on your avatar? I'm new here but i thought i saw a different pic before?

Hello everyone! Yesterday was also bad for me i think the TOM is coming on because i had the urge to eat all day yesterday. I managed not to have too many bad things during the day, i think i just had 2 tootsie rolls & 2 hershey kisses but we planned taco bell for dinner and i had a burrito and some nachos and it was sooo good. I definately know what you mean about savoring food. I love caramel lites, its the only 1 i eat and i savor it. I'm not kidding it takes me like 10 mins to eat 1 bar. I do that when i'm having rice also, i sit there and take my time and take little bits and savor every last bit. I ate rice so much before LAWL. Come to think about it i do this with most of my food except for like chicken which i have all the time. If i eat something really quick i dont really enjoy it especially if its something i know i wont have again for a while. I know you gals know what i mean. My hubby decided he wants to start eating healthy too so we went grocery shopping yesterday for all healthy foods. I'm so glad, now i can just cook dinner once instead of twice.

Hope everyone is having a POP day.

Tomkyn
07-02-2006, 01:04 PM
Yeah it's a new avatar, I started using it last week.

Ninacali
07-02-2006, 05:28 PM
I'm hoping July isn't "blow it" month for all us chickies! I just finished eating half a Twix, yesterday was a handful of chips. Not all that bad but still not good. My scale shows I'm down another pound so the motivation is there but I have to watch my thoughts or they'll linger off on not wanting to eat any food. No big plans for the 4th, small BBQ at the in-laws and I think I'll save my fruit for the evening.
My mom finally received her plan and yesterday was her first day. She called me this morning and said she couldn't believe I hadn't gone off plan 'cause she was starving.....lol When I first joined I really didn't think I would lose as quickly as I have. I was thinking a mini goal to lose 10 pounds by end of July wasn't feasible but I only need 3 more pounds!
Sending good vibes for everyone to be POP!

ChristineS
07-02-2006, 07:55 PM
Oh, I blewe it yesterday. It was my mom's and my annual joint B-Day/4th of July party and I ate three big pieces of cake. Buttercream frosting, not that whipped stuff that tastes like air. I was surprised to be only .6 up this morning. I'm trying to be good today, but the leftover cake is calling my name. I can't throw it away because I promised the kids they could have another piece tonight. We also had smoked sausages with five different mustards. All the salt didn't help me, I'm sure.

Four pounds to goal and I sabotoge myself.

Anyway, as Scarlet says, "Tomorrow is another day..." Most of my company will be gone by tomorrow, so we can be more normal.

I'm trying for POP from now until my WI on Wednesday.

juliemarie
07-02-2006, 09:01 PM
Hey ladies-

Feeling on top of the world today-this weekend may be the first time I'll lose weight from Friday to Monday in eons. :goodscale: I haven't been POP-but pretty darn close. Cartwheels may be in order tomorrow . . . :dancer: :dance:

NSV-went shopping yesterday and bought (drumroll please!) size 18 jeans. SIZE 18!!!! Unbelievable-I was practically giggling in the dressing room. And a couple of the tops I got were 14/16. It's hard to believe a year ago a couldn't wear anything at Lane Bryant cuz I couldn't fit into a size 28. I used to think I'd be totally happy to be a size 18. No more . . . It's cool to be discerning about clothes and not just buying something because it fits. I don't want anything in my closet unless I feel fabulous in it. :queen:

So-I had a party to go to last nite (which is why I went shopping) and i picked up a sleeveless black top that really showcased my waist and my "girls". Now-you guys don't know this-but I haven't worn a sleeveless anything in public for probably 15 years or so. But I did last nite-and even with my flabby triceps-I looked pretty great! Got lots of compliments. Felt awesome. A friend took some pics-I'll have to share if she sends them to me. :D

Okay-need to catch up on some of the other posts . . .

Ninacali
07-02-2006, 09:32 PM
Juliemarie- WOW congrats on the smaller sizes!!! Woo-hooo!! Getting smaller size clothing is so rewarding. That was my main reason to want to lose the weight. A couple of months ago I had to buy some "returning back to work clothes" and they were a teeny bit tight and knew I couldn't gain anymore weight since I couldn't afford it...'course I still don't have funds for smaller clothes but at least loose clothes are better than ripped seams!

winkie03
07-02-2006, 09:52 PM
hello everyone. just wanted to say a quick hello!! it's so frickin hot here in san diego!! sorry I don't have to much to say, but I can't stay on the computer long. i'm finding it very hard to stay in one place for too long, too hot and humid.

Heather: I did "limited" TO.

Congrats to all that have been POP and here's to a Happy 4th of July and to all that have lost some weight. Keep it up girls!!

Take care!!

Debbie24
07-03-2006, 12:11 AM
Sommer you look great, You dont look anywhere near 284.2 in that pic. I dont really take pics but i'll have to so i can post some soon.

Juliemarie i totally know what you mean about giggling in the dressing room. I couldnt believe it when i tried on smaller clothes. Its hard to see the weightloss on yourself (for me anyway) so trying on new & smaller things makes me feel like i've accomplished so much. I honestly still see myself as big as i was. Ok i do notice i'm smaller sometimes but not always. Its still in my head, i just got to get used to being this small. I havent been this weight in probably 9 years so it will definately take some time for me to get used to it. I know some of you know what i mean. anyway you guys have a good night and takecare

:dust: on everyone to stay POP tomorrow

Tomkyn
07-03-2006, 08:20 AM
Debbie- Thanks, I think that I wear my weight well, if that's possible. No one area looks any larger than the next, if that makes any sense. But it's a burden on my body and I hate feeling like I can't climb a flight of stairs or go do anything that requires lots of physical activity because my body won't keep up. I've not always been like this, it feels like the weight just kind of appeared overnight, though I know it didn't.

Good morning everyone. Another bright and humid 6:04am here in Omaha, NE. I normally work at 7am on mondays, but I'm covering for my boss this morning who took a long weekend. At least I get to leave at 2:30. Then I can go home and finish my Astronomy homework, eat dinner and rush to my Women's Studies class until 8pm. Yes, such is the life of a 27 year old college student.

I'm holding between 1-3 lbs of waterweight thanks to TOM. I can't wait till that's over. I'm going to start drinking lots of hot lemon water starting today after work so that when it's all over maybe I'll have shed most of the water.

I hope everyone isn't struggling too hard with staying POP on this holiday weekend.

PURPLEPIRATE99
07-03-2006, 09:37 AM
Good morning!! This is your bright and early East Coast wake up call from your one and only purple :flow1:!!!! oh, things have been really hot here the past few days!!

Well, I did pretty good yesterday with the eating - I couldn't even think about feeling sick like I did on Saturday - OMG - I will never do that to myself again. I truly think part of it was strictly TOM coming and haunting me - I haven't and will not get on the scales until this weekend. I go to my PT today and Wednesday - so that will help alot I'm sure!!! I really need to do TO - I might plan on that maybe next week - so if anyone wants to join me next Mon and Tues - here is your chance?? come on out TO buddies!!!

JULIEMARIE - http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/jumping0002.gifhttp://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/jumping0005.gifhttp://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/jumping0044.gif
You go girl and be so proud - isn't it amazing how at one stage you think you will be happy be something and then - you know you achieve even more - I know you are flying high - be proud girly!!! Some more KUDOS for you - losing weight over the weekend - how totally awesome!!! whooo hooo....

Sommer - I totally agree with Debbie - you do not look 284 in the pic at all, but I love the new pic - like pyscgirl said - so "sunkissed"

Sommer, Christine, NINa, Debbie - Today , this week is a new week - although we have the holiday of tomorrow - we can get through it!!!

Winkie :wave:!!!

tanner'smom
07-03-2006, 10:14 AM
juliemarie-that is awesome on your size 18. Before you know it you will be so small you won't even be able to shop in Lane Bryant. Isn't it fun to shop for new clothes?

I'm glad to hear everyone else had a hard weekend. We went camping and I was not good. I will be drinking lots of water and really sticking to the program until my WI on Wednesday. I hope everyone has a great day.

Tomkyn
07-03-2006, 10:33 AM
Thank you HeatherPurpleSunshineGirl :-)

I find it interesting that the holiday weekend was so hard for all of us. I'm conflicted in what I feel..I know we are suppose to be good and stick to our diets, but holidays and our birthdays or anniversaries only come once a year, it seems strange to deny ourselves celebration and instead agonize over what we want but cannot have. I think we should vow not to beat ourselves up if we have one scoop of pasta salad at a cookout tomorrow, or a small slice of birthday cake at our own birthdays. It is never an all or nothing deal. That's not an excuse to shovel anything we want in, but I'm vowing not to berate myself and get angry at myself when things don't work out perfectly. There's enough negativity in the world, I'm not going to do it to myself too.

Have good holidays girls. If you cheat, cheat small and don't hate yourself for it. Tomorrow is a new day, and so is wednesday and you're just as beautiful and smart and kind as you were the day before you cheated. It's not the end, just a new jumping off point!

MetalChic
07-03-2006, 10:56 AM
:dust:

Happy 4th of July All!

Honeymoon Pics (http://www.kodakgallery.com/ShareLandingSignin.jsp?Uc=11s8v15a.yfpt6vu&Uy=if4gds&Upost_signin=Slideshow.jsp%3Fmode%3Dfromshare&Ux=0)

Check out the honeymoon pics! I'll have the ceremony and reception ready for you all soon. I haven't gotten all of the reception pictures from the photographer yet.

:dust:

PURPLEPIRATE99
07-03-2006, 11:01 AM
Thank you HeatherPurpleSunshineGirl :-)

I find it interesting that the holiday weekend was so hard for all of us. I'm conflicted in what I feel..I know we are suppose to be good and stick to our diets, but holidays and our birthdays or anniversaries only come once a year, it seems strange to deny ourselves celebration and instead agonize over what we want but cannot have. I think we should vow not to beat ourselves up if we have one scoop of pasta salad at a cookout tomorrow, or a small slice of birthday cake at our own birthdays. It is never an all or nothing deal. That's not an excuse to shovel anything we want in, but I'm vowing not to berate myself and get angry at myself when things don't work out perfectly. There's enough negativity in the world, I'm not going to do it to myself too.

Have good holidays girls. If you cheat, cheat small and don't hate yourself for it. Tomorrow is a new day, and so is wednesday and you're just as beautiful and smart and kind as you were the day before you cheated. It's not the end, just a new jumping off point!

I totally agree with this so so important to remember life's events don't disappear just cause we are changing our "lifestyle" - the only reason I beat myself up for Saturday is because - I didn't just have a cheat and be okay - for some reason I kept going back to that cake over and over again - and although I probably stayed within my calorie limit for that day (b/c I didn't eat dinner).....my body just felt miserable - it knew what I did and was giving me major feedback that it didn't like it!!! I totally agree though that you have to live life - if you decide to have it - have it in moderation (which I didn't do on saturday with the cake) - have a piece and move on - do some extra crunches - walk/run for 30 minutes - get some exercise in - as soon as I did eat some more of that cake - I immediately got in the pool and started running and doing jumping jacks to try to get my metabolism going a little to help work it through the system instead of stopping at my hips !!!

Tomorrow will be easier for me b/c I'm cooking - I've already bought my "light" meat - and my DH is cooking - so I can ask for anything special that I want - I will concentrate on drinking only my light version of fuzzy navels and swimming swimming swimming - and of course, chasing around my 2 year old!!!

I hope each and every one of you have a wonderful 4th and be safe and happy !!!

green0923
07-03-2006, 11:04 AM
Good morning, and welcome to July, ladies!

Juliemarie, CONGRATULATIONS on the 18s and 14/16s!!!!! I can TOTALLY relate to the sleeveless thing. I haven't worn sleeveless in about as long as you have. Always so self-conscious -- even when I really didn't need to be. You are such an inspiration to me!! And if your friend shares those pics, be sure to let us see!! I'm sure you look amazing!

Sommer, I understand the challenge of holidays. So far, I have done pretty well. I skipped cake and ice cream on my DD's birthday, and had 1/2 cup of CalSmart yogurt instead. I pass up the cake and treats each week at work. If we cater breakfast, I eat the fruit, not the pastries. I am looking at it differently. I don't feel like I'm denying myself, I feel like I'm making a better choice. I'm fortunate, in that my workgroup knows I am dieting, and I am not the only one. So they typically don't pressure me, and actually congratulate me on my will power. And often my admin will buy sugarfree candy or something similar so that I have options. I know it's tough, and I know that a time will come when I splurge on a piece or cake or cookie or something. But for each day that passes that I don't splurge, I tell myself I am getting that much closer to goal.

HeatherPP, back on the wagon today! :) Don't worry about your POOP weekend, you will have a fabulous week!

Debbie, having DH on plan will be so helpful! My DH isn't OP. In fact, he eats really poorly most of the time. The good thing, though, is that I don't make his meals. If he eats what I eat, he gets dinner cooked. If he doesn't, he has to do it himself. When I get to my last 30 lbs, he wants to join plan with me. We'll see. He really doesn't need to lose more than 20 lbs (if that), but I will certainly enjoy the weight loss company, and be faced with much less temptation without his snacks and bad foods in the house.

Tricia, I remember when I first started plan. I was STARVING for the first few days. But I know why. Until you really learn how to break your portions up, at least for me, I was so afraid of being starving all evening and having nothing left for dinner that I ate hardly anything all day! So, after a few days and figuring out how to break my portions up, it got MUCH easier. I'm sure your mom will do great -- at least she now has an appreciation for how hard you have been working! You will DEFINITELY see those 10 lbs by the end of July if you keep up the great work!

Christine, good luck at WI on Wednesday! I'm sure you will do great between now and then, once your company is gone.

Evette, congrats again on the 4 lbs! Try to stay cool!

Kristi, how's it going?

As for me, we've been busy this weekend. My scale is always a couple of pounds lower than COD scale, but I saw 239.4 yesterday morning, so I can't WAIT to WI this week!

Have POP days, ladies!

juliemarie
07-03-2006, 11:12 AM
Thanks ladies! I didn't end up losing over the weekend after all-stayed exactly the same-although I do need to do something that would probably help the weight loss. Nuff said;) However-at least I won't be trying to undo damage like I do after most weekends!

Tomkyn-I know what you mean about the holiday thing-however-as the summer goes on you'll see that there are so many special occasions and holidays, etc. Now-the way you see it and want to handle it is great-but some folks end up having "special occasions" every week. Which, of course, ends up being a problem. I think that defining what a special occasion is for yourself and then planning ahead for the event is the way to go.

so I agree that that it isn't "all or nothing" and that small cheats are perfectly acceptable and you shouldn't beat yourself up afterwards. But we all need to be honest with ourselves about when we "deserve" these treats. What's reasonable? Once a month?

Isn't it funny how we think we "deserve" a slice of cake or something instead of thinking that we deserve to treat our body good and deserve watermelon or something like that? I do it all the time-"I exercised so I deserve a treat". It sounds silly now-but seems so right at the moment. Why don't I ever deserve to sit and journal and read the bible or something. I really need to change my thinking on what a treat is. Maybe I'll make a list of free/cheap treats-like a pedicure, going to the rose gardens at Peninsula Park, wandering around Powell's bookstore, sitting in the steam room at the gym, the hot tub, etc . . .

Sorry for getting off on a tangent-back to the holiday plans. Remember to ENJOY your friends and family. Situate yourself away from the food. Don't go back for seconds. Consider fruit/jello/coolwhip for a dessert. Limit the alcohol. Get lots of sleep. Enjoy, be healthy and have no regrets!

juliemarie
07-03-2006, 11:15 AM
Erin sweetie-You've got it backwards . . . You're the inspiration to me! You're weight loss since January is unbelievable! You're a rockstar!

Debbie24
07-03-2006, 11:32 AM
Sommer i understand, i'm proportioned also so i also carry my weight well and i had that too where it was getting harder to do things and my kids are so young and active and i have to be able to keep up with them. Before i couldnt run because i would get out of breath and now i am able to run after my 2 1/2 year old a little better. It helps because he takes off. The 9mo old is getting there also so i had to do something and i had to start eating healthier. I lost weight when i was pregnant with both because i was eating better and i needed to continue that.

Erin my hubby probably only needs to lose about 15lbs and he eats very poorly also. I always told my DH that i wont lose weight until I was ready and in 8 years he never pushed me even though he was alot smaller than i was. So i believe you cant make someone do it until they are ready and as soon as he mentioned eating healthier i jumped on it and went out and bought lots of veggies & fruits. I cant really not cook for him because he does not know how to cook and he will starve or eat fast food everyday and i dont want that. He loves sweets and cookies & pastries and all the bad things and our house is filled with this stuff so it takes alot of will power for me to stay away from these things. I am also a bad infulence in that i just started cake deco and he gets stuck eating my cakes because i dont. I recently stopped making for home though, if i make any i send it off with him to work and he has 1 piece there so its out of the house and out of my sight. So yesterday was our 1st day where he ate "diet" food and it went pretty good. He needed some more salt but that was it.

juliemarie
07-03-2006, 11:40 AM
Heather- I totally have this crazy image of you eating a bite of cake and then jumping in the pool and running around like a madwoman! Too funny! I'm sure the slipup won't hurt your weightloss with all the exercise you've been doing-but feeling crummy because of it is no fun. Before I started this diet it didn't understand when people talked about empty calories. I mean-I didl, but I didn't, you know? Good food makes you feel good and sugar and fat and processed crap makes you feel like crap. It's nice to really get those connections-even though sometimes I still want the crap regardless of the effects. ;)

Tomkyn
07-03-2006, 11:43 AM
Juliemarie- I agree..those "special occasions" can't be all the time. We have to make better choices. Eat a little before we go to parties. Plan ahead to bring chicken to throw on the grill at a BBQ instead of eating hotdogs and hamburgers. I wanted to put forth a more positive attitude about when we do cheat on special occasions, even if we cheat very moderately. We'll be okay...but we should be prepared to take responsability for it.

Anyway, I'm glad everyone sounds like they are having a wonderful time! I'm debating whether to go meet my BF in his hometown tonight or tomorrow. I'm thinking it's the difference between sleeping in my own bed or on someone's couch. Hmm!

brittyboo07
07-03-2006, 11:46 AM
hey chicks...long time no see! I have been away for far to long. Its been a long few months. On my end I have gained. Pure and simple veggies and fruits have not played a big part of my eating over the past weeks/months and neither has water. So i have been totally off plan. Trying to get back on as of today. Havent been to the center in a while either but im going today even thought i now weight my highest ever on the scale this morning at 271.2 (drinking a LA Slimdown right now so that means ill weight more when i go to WI lol) So im about 5 lbs more than when i started the program. Last week was a wake up call for me i was in such a bad mood all week and i didnt feel good. I dont mean sick either. I mean i just felt liike a big blob. Probably because i am lol. It was also PMS as TOM has arrived.

I was thinking about doing the what was it 12 week challenge? I want to lose before i start back to school at the end of august as I will be busy this semester and dont need any extra weight on me thats for sure. So if anyone wants to join me in:
A) getting back on the program and back on track!
B) end the summer right!
lets do it!!!

Glad to see that most of you are doing so well. As you can imagine i am really far behind on reading up on everyone so I just jumped back in with July. Talk to you soon...

juliemarie
07-03-2006, 11:47 AM
Sommer- I understand what you mean-if we go off-plan and get all negative about it-it turns into a snowball effect that's hard to get out of. You've got a great attitude about things!

Being a single gal around here-i vote for seeing the BF . . . .gotta live vicariously ya know!

CandlePrincess
07-03-2006, 12:04 PM
Happy July!

Welcome back Brittyboo! Glad to see you again!

Today is the a new beginning for me! I got up and drank my slim fast...and planning on stay POP today. I've decided to take it a meal at a time. I was planning lunch today for the kids and myself and realize I cannot avoid it any longer I must go to the grocery store tonight....yuck!

So let's head into this July and really make it work for us...ONE MEAL AT A TIME!

By the way...I am calling about belly dancing lessons today. It's taken me a bit to get up the courage to call...but my DH seems to think it would be a good idea for me to get out of the house without kids for a few hours a week...so I am calling.

Here's to a POP day chickies!:cheers:

PinkHibiscus
07-03-2006, 01:12 PM
Good morning chickies!

Well my birthday was un-freakin-believable!! it was so much fun! And guess what? I had 3 drinks all night! I was pretty much sober while all my friends were drunk! haha! It was fantastic! We couldnt have asked for a better bus driver either, he put up w/ all of us crazy drunk 20-somethings. Never said a word, just smiled and laughed.

Well, add me to the 'totally off plan this weekend' club. I mean, aside from the 3 drinks, I didnt get all my food in, then I had some strawberry shortcake for my birthday (small amount, besides it was my bday! still, the guilt was overwhelming), a couple bites of chinese food (better then a plate right?), and some mac salad when I already had my staches! But then what to my wondering eyes should appear?? TOM. U know what girls? I really dont like TOM at all. I wish TOM would get lost. haha ;) I mean, I am ok w/ TOM so long as I get to have kids someday, btu after I have kids, I want TOM to get out of my life. haha!

U know I call the evil crimson wave TOM now to my boyfriend? He was confused...like, "Toms here? Who the **** is Tom?" hahaha I love it! When I told him what it meant, he laughed.

So today is a new day and good time to start anew! GOOD LUCK TODAY LADIES!!!

stiesta
07-03-2006, 01:33 PM
Thanks ladies! I didn't end up losing over the weekend after all-stayed exactly the same-although I do need to do something that would probably help the weight loss. Nuff said;) However-at least I won't be trying to undo damage like I do after most weekends!

Tomkyn-I know what you mean about the holiday thing-however-as the summer goes on you'll see that there are so many special occasions and holidays, etc. Now-the way you see it and want to handle it is great-but some folks end up having "special occasions" every week. Which, of course, ends up being a problem. I think that defining what a special occasion is for yourself and then planning ahead for the event is the way to go.

so I agree that that it isn't "all or nothing" and that small cheats are perfectly acceptable and you shouldn't beat yourself up afterwards. But we all need to be honest with ourselves about when we "deserve" these treats. What's reasonable? Once a month?

Isn't it funny how we think we "deserve" a slice of cake or something instead of thinking that we deserve to treat our body good and deserve watermelon or something like that? I do it all the time-"I exercised so I deserve a treat". It sounds silly now-but seems so right at the moment. Why don't I ever deserve to sit and journal and read the bible or something. I really need to change my thinking on what a treat is. Maybe I'll make a list of free/cheap treats-like a pedicure, going to the rose gardens at Peninsula Park, wandering around Powell's bookstore, sitting in the steam room at the gym, the hot tub, etc . . .

Sorry for getting off on a tangent-back to the holiday plans. Remember to ENJOY your friends and family. Situate yourself away from the food. Don't go back for seconds. Consider fruit/jello/coolwhip for a dessert. Limit the alcohol. Get lots of sleep. Enjoy, be healthy and have no regrets!

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: There's the girl I know and love! :hug:

Ninacali
07-03-2006, 01:35 PM
I was wondering if anyone knows what happens if you hit goal but still want to lose weight? Will lawl have you pay for additional weeks? I have 140 as my goal 'cause I recently saw a pic of the last time I lost a lot of weight and would be happy to be at that weight. (but also knew it would be cheaper) And how many weeks of maintenance did you pay for? My COD was a year of maintenance.
I'm also up on the scale but don't think my mis-haps account for most of the gain....not enough water especially since I had heavier starch's.

Pink- any pics of your tattoo...I got my first one last year for my b-day and have made any others as a goal. Being raised in a conservative home I shocked a few family members (don't know why since my dad has sleeves) and it's really not a big deal, flower on the top of my foot.....lol...always loved tat's and I think the biggest shocker was that I waited till I was 34 & 4 kids later.

stiesta
07-03-2006, 01:37 PM
Sadly, and shamefully, add me to the POOP club this weekend. My Monday challenge didn't go as planned, but c'est la vie, right? Today is a new day.

Heading out in a few minutes to get me a new bike. DH talked me into getting a cruiser, but I still think I am probably not cool enough to pull it off. Although any cool factor I do have will probably be diminished somewhat by a baby seat and DD singing away on the back. I am pretty excited. Can't wait.

Here's to a happy 4th -- let's do this, girls!:hug:

Repo girl
07-03-2006, 01:51 PM
Morning friends! I too can join the POOP club. Was not terrible, just not totally OP. I have had an insanely busy weekend too. I am taking my grandma to lunch today, so I am getting the kids ready to go. She was so excited when I invited her, I was so glad that I thought of taking her out. I can't imagine what it would be like to be house bound. DH is loaning me a car off of his lot to take her, because she in not able to climb up into my Suburban. Yesterday we went golfing on this awesome course out in the woods. It was so much fun. We always have a lot of fun, not the most serious golfers ever. My little sisters new boyfriend came with. He is a really great guy, just a little more serious than the rest of us. He said that he could hear us laughing all over the golf course. One time Dh's ball hit a tree so hard that it echoed all over the place. We laughed our heads off. After we golfed we had lunch. When we headed out to the car from the restaurant, me and SIL got in a butt kicking contest that pretty much ended in everyone getting kicked at least once. So, all in all, a great weekend. I am not going back to work until Wednesday, so that is also great.

Juliemarie- How exciting. You giggle all you want in the dressing room girl, you are so amazing.

Heather- Sorry you made yourself sick. I know that feeling all too well. This week will be better though, right?

Brittny- The party sounds great, and you did awesome. Glad that it was so fun, and haapy birthday too, BTW.

Erin- Hope your WI is showing you down a few. As always, I am in awe.

Britt- Glad to have to back. Lean on us, girl, you can do this. Make a new list of "I Wants", plan a few non food rewards, and get goin! Stay close, we want to support you!

Sommer- LOL on savoring the cookie. I can totally relate to that one. The lemon water ought to do the trick. Have a good day!

Well, I better get in the shower and get moving. CU you all later!

Debbie24
07-03-2006, 01:58 PM
Tricia my original goal was also 140lbs but i changed it to 125lbs when i got to 140. You just buy the amount of weeks it will take you from your original goal weight to your new goal. stablization & maintenance (6 weeks stab & 1 yr main) still stays the same you only have to buy the weight loss weeks and i use my supply of lites that i already have i dont need to buy more yet. (i bought for the entire plan).

Do you gals ever notice when you start eating off plan you have the urge to keep eating unhealthy things? I dont know why but once i give it i cant stop and i feel even more hungry.

Repo girl
07-03-2006, 02:22 PM
Karen- Loved the pics. What a cool place and a beautiful couple.

PURPLEPIRATE99
07-03-2006, 02:48 PM
Heather- I totally have this crazy image of you eating a bite of cake and then jumping in the pool and running around like a madwoman! Too funny! I'm sure the slipup won't hurt your weightloss with all the exercise you've been doing-but feeling crummy because of it is no fun. Before I started this diet it didn't understand when people talked about empty calories. I mean-I didl, but I didn't, you know? Good food makes you feel good and sugar and fat and processed crap makes you feel like crap. It's nice to really get those connections-even though sometimes I still want the crap regardless of the effects. ;)

Girl you have me laughing my butt off over here - yes I was probably looking a little silly to some, but I was bound and determined to work off some of it!!! I have to admit - I've been to several special occasions lately and I have passed up many of things - so I decided to enjoy this one - especially since it was very tasty!!! I'm so with you on the empty calories and how the processed food can make you feel so bad - I felt so yucky I couldn't even eat dinner - I just chalked it up and went to bed!!! AFter you realize how much energy and exercise it takes to burn a measly 150/200 calories - it just isn't worth it anymore!!!

Then I get to my PT session and what does he want to do - weigh and measure - I told him this week wouldn't be good - due to TOM coming - he said he would do it next week - so he still weighed me and did my bodyfat % - and they were both decent - I didn't gain and I lost .1% bodyfat since last week - so I guess that wasn't too bad.....

I appreciate your words - that are very thoughtful and always have great positive meaning - you keep going girl - YOu are doing great too!!!

deetsmom
07-03-2006, 03:21 PM
Pink- any pics of your tattoo...I got my first one last year for my b-day and have made any others as a goal. Being raised in a conservative home I shocked a few family members (don't know why since my dad has sleeves) and it's really not a big deal, flower on the top of my foot.....lol...always loved tat's and I think the biggest shocker was that I waited till I was 34 & 4 kids later.

I just got my third last week, it was my gift for getting to and maintaining my goal and already know what/where I want to get my fourth. My best friend came with me and wanted to get something on her toe and they said they wouldnt tattoo her there since it seems to be more prone to damage there and often fades away on the toe area...did they give you any trouble about the foot area?

bizlawchik
07-03-2006, 03:22 PM
Hi Everyone! Trying to catch up - I haven't been on since Friday afternoon.

Sommer - Sounds like you did the best you could w/BF and going out. Sometimes the most we can do is be conscious of our choices. Don't dwell on it too much. Just move on! Also, good advice on the cheat thing. We do have to live. As I was thinking about this, and already worrying about the month of December (DS B-day, X-Mas and Hannukah in my house, plus at least 4 parties), I remembered someone telling me "Christmas is a day, not a month". I am bringing this up so that on weekends like this we can "pick our battles". I went to one BBQ and brough veggie burgers and fruit for myself. I went to a second one yesterday, and I brough veggie kebabs, but still cheated a bit because the food there was something I won't get at any other BBQ.

Heather - Hang in there, sweetie. You can do it! (See my post to Sommer) And congrats on recovering the rest of the weekend.

Debbie - Congrats on converting DH! I know what it's like to play "short order cook" at dinner time.
JM - WTG! I'm a few lbs. away from you, and I can taste the 18s. Also, I like the idea of a few treats. I'm going to make a list now. An hour in a bookstore sans children sounds heavenly! :cheer:

Tricia - I agree with Erin. On this and other plans, I always starved during the day and shoveled it in at night. Not only did this not work for the old metabolism, it was hard to stick with the plan. I follow the portions that my counselor suggested at the beginning. It was difficult at first, but after 3 months, it's second nature.

Erin - You're looking awesome! Keep up the good work.

Britt - Wecome back! We're here for you every step of the way.

HeatherCP - Hang in there - and good luck w/ the belly dancing

Pink - Glad the B-day celebration was awesome!

Happy July to all who I missed!

PURPLEPIRATE99
07-03-2006, 03:33 PM
Katie - Wow - that is so sweet of you to get your grandma out and take her to lunch with you guys - She will enjoy that so much - I'm sure - I wish my grandma lived close enough to go visit on a regular basis - I miss her soo much...Hope you guys have a wonderful time - how nice of DH getting the car for g-ma to get into easy!!!

Kristi - Hey chickie - oh my off till the 17th?? oh, I wish that was me - I'm so burnt out right now and I need a break - Headed to the beach for a long weekend on the 14th - so that will be nice!! I need a small break - better than nothing at all!! Didn't really sound like your weekend was much of a cheat, but I'm glad you found the downfall in the drinks - alot of time it can be so hard to find certain triggers......you go girl!!! Good luck at the BBQ - sounds like you have a good plan!!

PURPLEPIRATE99
07-03-2006, 03:35 PM
Thanks Biz - yea, I'm definitely back on track. I still feel like I need a TO just to help with some of the latest carb cravings.....I'm planning on limited monday and tuesday next week - Any takers??

Ninacali
07-03-2006, 03:43 PM
Purple- I'll take you up on TO next Monday! I was going to at the end of this week but I think after the weekend is a better choice.

bizlawchik
07-03-2006, 03:46 PM
Heather - Next week will be two weeks since TO for me - I may join you too!

Tomkyn
07-03-2006, 03:59 PM
Heather, I was thinking of doing TO next week anyway. TOM will be over with and the holidays will be behind us and I'd like to get all cleaned out.

PURPLEPIRATE99
07-03-2006, 04:34 PM
Alright - Whoo - I'm excited now - 3 TO buddies - I want to be like Winkie and have a loss - any loss is fine - just want a loss of some kind!!! Yes, I'm with you Sommer - TOM will be over - weekend will be over and it will be a good time to clean out the system and get rid of any lasting cravings...

hey winkie - what did you use for limited? juice, oranges, canteloupe?? I thought it was canteloupe but I can't remember......

My PT wants me to follow this very very strict program for like 2 weeks, but I just don't think I can do it - It is the lean up plan I talked about a few weeks ago - is as follows -
Lean up Plan

Breakfast – 2 egg whites and 1 protein shake ** with water plus 1 serving of oatmeal (not instant)

Snack – 1 medium baked potatoe and 1 banana and 1 cup yogurt

Lunch – 1 can of tuna in spring water, ½ cup of rice and ½ cup of broccoli

mid day snack – ½ cup of rice and 1 green apple

Dinner – 1 chicken breast, 1 cup of stringbeans

Evening snack – 1 protein shake **with water….

You must have 1.5 – 2 gallons of water per day drink it first thing in the morning, with each meal or snack and anytime that you’re hungry. I need to see a bottle of water follow you into the gym.

You may substitute a chicken or turkey breast sandwich on wheat with mustard and pepper for your can of tuna at lunch. There is no salt, no sugar, and there are no spices for any reason.
I finally typed it up last week - this is just so strict - he doesn't wanting me making any substitutions at all whatsoever.....

juliemarie
07-03-2006, 04:38 PM
Heather-is it okay for you to carry the water bottle-or do you actually have to drag it on a string so it is technically "following you into the gym"? :D

brittyboo07
07-03-2006, 05:02 PM
Hey chickies!!!

Ok so far so good for me today. I wanted to pop on here and catch up for the day before i get started on some things. Have to do laundry and take the trash off. I do have a little NSV to share with you. I stopped by Granny's around lunch time to drop off some cat food she asked me to pick up for her. Of course she had lunch fixed and asked if i could stay but i took one look at that table and said NO! I explained to her that the food on her table was not something i could have and i didnt need the temptations plus i had groceries in the car. So after i put the groceres away I grabbed my left over Greek Chicken Salad, a baggie of cantelope, a bottle of H2O and a bar and i went back to Granny's and had lunch with them but on my terms!

~Heather CP
WTG on getting back on track also. I am with ya one meal at a time. Have fun with your new belly dancing class!

~Brittny
Nice name by the way!!! Sounds like you had a great time and Happy Birthday!!

~Katie
Thanks! I think im gonna need the support. How was lunch with your Grandma?

~Kristi
Thanks! its good to be back. Sounds like you have a nice trip planned. GL at the BBQ.

~Heather
I will join ya as well with TO next week and my TOM will be gone also!!! Wow that does seem like a strict plan to follow but looks doable for 2 weeks.

~JulieMarie
HAHA about the water bottle! Congrats on your new fashions!!!

Ok well i am off to do some chores since im off from work today! Talk to yall later...

PURPLEPIRATE99
07-03-2006, 05:09 PM
Heather-is it okay for you to carry the water bottle-or do you actually have to drag it on a string so it is technically "following you into the gym"? :D
OKAY - YOU ARE GOING TO GET ME IN TROUBLE HERE AT WORK FOR LAUGHING OUT LOUD.........http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/happy0032.gif

EDITED TO ADD - AS US SOUTHERN GALS SAY - GIRL, YOU AINT RIGHT'

juliemarie
07-03-2006, 05:44 PM
OKAY - YOU ARE GOING TO GET ME IN TROUBLE HERE AT WORK FOR LAUGHING OUT LOUD.........http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/happy0032.gif

EDITED TO ADD - AS US SOUTHERN GALS SAY - GIRL, YOU AINT RIGHT'

Don't I know it! :)

juliemarie
07-03-2006, 05:45 PM
Oh-and that lean up menu? That would make me lose the will to live! More power to you if you can do it!

PinkHibiscus
07-03-2006, 05:51 PM
We are not allowed sausage due to sodium are we?

and whats the deal w/ Gatorade? Anyone know??

Thanks everybpdy!

Britt, hwo do u spell your name? Its lovely! hahaha ;)

bizlawchik
07-03-2006, 05:55 PM
Pink - I made a turkey sausage (and buttermilk biscuit) from the LAWL cookbook. I posted it in the recipe thread.

But I would say no on the sausage. However, I did get a handout on Friday from my COD with new changes, and you can have two veggie sausage links or one patty for 1/2 P. I know it's not the same as the real stuff, but it'll work. And the turkey sausage I made was FANTASTIC

Ninacali
07-03-2006, 06:07 PM
OMG! Remember how I said my scale said I was up a bit? Well what I didn't say was that it was up by a littlle over 2 lbs! I was even shocked since my mis-haps weren't all that much so I started guzzling the water.....Welp I went to weigh my oldest son and realized that a bottle of lighter fluid was leaning on the scale!!! To my enjoyment I re-weighed myself (mid-afternoon weigh plus I was sopping wet from swimming) and those 2 lbs dissappeared! So I may have at least been down a bit.....keeping fingers crossed.....Thank goodness I didn't beat myself up and screw myself worse!!!

PinkHibiscus
07-03-2006, 07:40 PM
HECK YAH TRISHA!!! :) that rules!

CafeAmericain
07-03-2006, 10:17 PM
Hi all! I love to read this thread about all the successes and challenges! It's really great to hear about what works and what doesn't work. It's hard to keep up with sometimes though, so I don't post on here often. But there was something I wanted to bring to your attention.

Last week my COD gave me a Summer Coupon book. They didn't discuss any of the offers with me. It's a lot of perforated pages about buying a certain amount of product and getting a specific discount or another amount of product free.

At home later I was looking for a Slim Down coupon, and found a really great deal on the inside cover. If you go to the center every week for ten weeks, you can get $50 in free products AND four more weight loss weeks.

My center said for the offer to be valid you have to have one of the counselors put the date and their initials in the book each week.

Anyway, just wanted to alert anyone who got the book but might have missed that offer. Be sure to ask them now, in case your COD has different requirements to validate the offer. Don't want anyone to find out on the back end that it's invalid. :-)

stiesta
07-03-2006, 11:19 PM
:rofl: :rofl: Heather-is it okay for you to carry the water bottle-or do you actually have to drag it on a string so it is technically "following you into the gym"? :D

:rofl: :rofl:

Repo girl
07-04-2006, 03:13 AM
Oh, a bunch of comedians around here today, huh? You guys have ROFLMAO! Lunch with Grandma was good. She is really limping though. When I asked her about it she said that the hip she broke a couple of years ago has really been hurting, but she had not mentioned it because she did not want to seem like she was whining. I insisted that we get her nurse in to see what she thinks asap, and that we call my sis the massage therapist to come over and work on it. I told her that there is no reason to be in pain, and that she should never feel like she can't tell us if she is ill or in pain. I felt so bad that she did not want to say anything. Now I am wondering if she has fallen and hurt herself but is keeping it a secret. She has done that before because she is afraid that we will decide that she is not safe living at home, and make her move into a nursing home. Anyway, I am hoping her nurse will be there tomorrow. Went to "Click" this afternoon with my sis. It was really good. CU all in the morning!

Ninacali
07-04-2006, 11:57 AM
Repo- Sorry to hear about grandma's limp, hope the massage is all she needs.

I was POP yesterday! Not one extra morsel!!! It was the first time I didn't feel deprived!! Drank double my water, I was in the pool for a few hours and was excersising a good majority of the time. I think I'll go a take a quick walk before it gets any hotter.

Wishing everyone a Happy 4th! And hoping we stay sane through any BBQ's today!

mentul77
07-04-2006, 12:24 PM
We are not allowed sausage due to sodium are we?

and whats the deal w/ Gatorade? Anyone know??

Thanks everybpdy!

Britt, hwo do u spell your name? Its lovely! hahaha ;)

My COD says that Gatorade and Powerade are 8oz = 1 fruit -- then again that may be something that varies between centers but one of the good counselors at my center looked it up in some book for me

Also, if you look at the powdered powerade mix - the serving and nutritional info is the same as the LA Smoothie mix stuff and it has more vitamins!

CandlePrincess
07-04-2006, 12:59 PM
I am happy to report that I was POP yesterday and have begun the day in the same fashion. I didn't have all my fruit in for the day yesterday evening and we went to our church to watch the town fireworks...and they had WATERMELON! yeahhhhhh. My DFS#1 and I shared watermelon while the baby looked on with envy. I did give the baby a vanilla wafer (with close supervision) and he loved it....who wouldn't cookie over formula any day I say!

Now as for the belly dancing...I called yesterday and the studio just closed. Apparently the small town they were in couldn't keep them opened. Ok, back to square one.

We went to the grocery yesterday before fireworks and my DH was picking out ice cream...the only rule was he could only buy flavors I didn't like. You should have seen him standing in the freezer picking out flavors and asking if they were okay to buy...several women got a few laughs from that scene. It repeated itself in the poptart aisle. If he has to have them at least it will be flavors and types I don't like.

I am off for the day..DH is home and my mother is coming to town on Wednesday so we are getting things ready for her visit (although I am not sure I am ready for her visit...lol). Everyone have a POP day and I'll be back later!

bizlawchik
07-04-2006, 04:05 PM
HeatherCP - Congrats on the POP day. I have a great image of the ice cream and pop tart shopping. Must have been great to watch. But at least he's being supportive!

Bowknot
07-04-2006, 04:07 PM
Well I was POOP yesterday. I had a big exam. (My state insurance license ... which I passed!!!) I stressed and ate whatever I wanted. DH and I took a road trip tp a casino last night. I just ate whatever I wanted. While I have to admit the pecan pie was good, I'm so disappointed in myself. This is my first BIG off plan day since I started LAWL. Back on plan today. Gotta refocus and get back on track.

I'm not sure I'm on the right plan. My COD currently has me on the red plan with bars. I exercise 5-6 times a week. I'm stalled at 205 and I'm wondering if I am on the right plan. Like many of you, I don't have alot of confidence in my COD.

Kay

elbasso
07-04-2006, 04:21 PM
Happy Independence Day Everyone :) So far, POP today for me. No big parties for us...just taking the kids to see the fireworks and packing some snacks, so I'll save one of my bars for then.

Heather--I'm trying to get the courage up to take belly dancing lessons myself. I've always wanted to. There is one place near here that offers them, but I've just been too chicken to call.

Angie

Bowknot
07-04-2006, 04:26 PM
Mostly cardio 30-45 minutes with about 15-20 minutes of resistance training.

MTdebster921
07-04-2006, 04:48 PM
Kay- Sometimes your body needs time to adjust and that's when you stall. I hit a 20 lb. loss and didn't lose a thing for almost 4 weeks of being POP. I was starting to get super frustrated. I see you are at the 20 lb. mark too. The next plan down is purple and you lose the 1/2 protein and a starch. You could try it out for a few days and see if it jump starts. Your cheat could also shock your body into losing again just like Kristi said.

Repo girl
07-04-2006, 05:13 PM
Happy 4th of July!!!!

bizlawchik
07-04-2006, 08:57 PM
Kay - FYI... My COD is moving me to purple plan at 222 and gold at 181

Boo'sMom
07-05-2006, 12:30 AM
Hi all--hope everyone had a great 4th. Just got home from the fireworks and everyone is snacking--ugh. I have been POOP for days--my own fault so I won't complain. I've been able to stay caught up with the posts but everyone likes their computer time around here since mom got DSL! Played 18 holes yesterday with everyone (had a BLAST!!)--haven't done that in years!! Then we all went tubing and haven't done that in even more years!! I am sooo sore today--but fun. Anyway--everyone's outside so going to chat with the family--love holidays.

Glad to hear everyone is doing so well--and those that are just hanging on, I'm with you. It is so hard at my folks for me to be good--too much good stuff. Oh well, I am not going to stress--I'll do better when I get home.

Tomkyn
07-05-2006, 09:30 AM
Well I was pretty good yesterday. I had a little more starch than I should but it wasn't too bad. I went up .2 oz but I've been fluctuating all over this one pound since my TOM started and ended (yesterday). I did have a pretty crappy day yesterday and allowed some indulgance.

Monday night someone, probably drinking, hit my parked car outside my apartment building. they took off my side mirror. My boyfriend rushed home because I was hysterical so his weekend with friends back home was cut alittle short.

Then I decided to make burgers last night and while I was slicing onions I sliced off the fingerprint, layers of skin and some muscle from my right index finger. It bled, I cried. It hurts alot and typing is weird. I can't use a pen so I don't know how I'll do my algebra homework. I'm pretty blue :-( I haven't turned to comfort eating though, thankfully.

I am wearing Spiderman bandages, and that's pretty cool.

winkie03
07-05-2006, 09:42 AM
Alright - Whoo - I'm excited now - 3 TO buddies - I want to be like Winkie and have a loss - any loss is fine - just want a loss of some kind!!! Yes, I'm with you Sommer - TOM will be over - weekend will be over and it will be a good time to clean out the system and get rid of any lasting cravings...

hey winkie - what did you use for limited? juice, oranges, canteloupe?? I thought it was canteloupe but I can't remember......

My PT wants me to follow this very very strict program for like 2 weeks, but I just don't think I can do it - It is the lean up plan I talked about a few weeks ago - is as follows -
Lean up Plan

Breakfast – 2 egg whites and 1 protein shake ** with water plus 1 serving of oatmeal (not instant)

Snack – 1 medium baked potatoe and 1 banana and 1 cup yogurt

Lunch – 1 can of tuna in spring water, ½ cup of rice and ½ cup of broccoli

mid day snack – ½ cup of rice and 1 green apple

Dinner – 1 chicken breast, 1 cup of stringbeans

Evening snack – 1 protein shake **with water….

You must have 1.5 – 2 gallons of water per day drink it first thing in the morning, with each meal or snack and anytime that you’re hungry. I need to see a bottle of water follow you into the gym.

You may substitute a chicken or turkey breast sandwich on wheat with mustard and pepper for your can of tuna at lunch. There is no salt, no sugar, and there are no spices for any reason.
I finally typed it up last week - this is just so strict - he doesn't wanting me making any substitutions at all whatsoever.....

Wow, Heather. That sounds like a really strict regime. I don't know if I could do it. Good luck girl!! I did the TO with the Knudsen Morning Blend juice which I bought at Henry's Market.

bizlawchik
07-05-2006, 09:51 AM
Good morning, all! Yesterday was easy since we had no big plans - POP for me, so I'm happy. WI at lunch today, so I'm hoping something good.

Sommer - Bummer of a weekend, girl! Hope your finger gets better soon. Way to go, though, not comfort eating. Congrats on that, at least.

Lea Ann - Sounds like the weekend was fun and you stayed pretty active. Maybe that will counteract any POOP eating. As I'm getting more active, I always think to myself that I never would have been doing "such and such activity" before LAWL. So on the bright side, you have enough energy to keep up with everyone!

Congrats to all those POP, or close yesterday, and to those POOP, well, today is another day to start fresh!

winkie03
07-05-2006, 10:02 AM
Good Morning everyone!! I hope all of you had a wonderful 4th of July weekend. As for me, it was great. Family and friends came over to the house for a little barbeque. I have to say that I stayed POP, so I'm proud of myself although the temptations were there. One of my friends brought over some carne asada which we grilled. They piled that meat on to either a corn or flour tortilla and loaded on the sour cream, guacamole, salsa and cheese. Not to mention potato chips, (my major downfall), hamburgers, and hotdots. My will power won and I'm thankful for it. I've maintained the weight I lost from TO four days ago.

I do have another NSV to share. We had a bunch of people over that we hadn't seen for about a year, and boy, let me tell you gals.... the compliments of how small I've gotten were unbelievable. (That's probably why my will power kicked in) All day and night my friends were just asking me what I've been doing, how i've been doing it, etc. Which brings me to my next question for you gals.

I have a guy friend who's about 5'5 and weighs 280 pounds (he wouldn't let me weigh him) what plan should i start him on? Should I just double the portions I'm on? (the gold plan)I would really appreciate any advice. Thanks again chickies!! Talk to you all soon.

PURPLEPIRATE99
07-05-2006, 11:17 AM
Good morning my dearest chickies!!!

Yes, to answer all the questions - that plan is hard. I followed it for about 4 days at the beginning of June and lost about 2 lbs in all - it was not any fun!!! He wants me to do it again, but I'm just not so sure - I said - eat the same exact thing for 2 weeks straight? No subs at all?? hmmmmm, not sounding so good to me .......

Wow - sounds like everyone had a good holiday - I had a pool party yesterday and it was lots of fun!! I thoroughly enjoyed myself and for the first time - I wasn't so concious of everybody looking at me that I didn't have fun - I didn't care - I felt good - I've worked my butt off with eating and exercising and I was determined to be proud!!! I didn't eat POP - but I didn't eat a lot - I just wasn't that hungry - probably due to the heat and running around here and there trying to make sure everything got done..... Now today - I'm not feeling great - TOM is right on my heels - I'm hurting pretty bad - supposed to go and train today at lunch - hopefully that will help!!!

Winkie - Girl congrats on the wonderful NSV and all the compliments - that makes things so worth while sometimes just hearing all the praises and wonderful things that people say - You are looking great girl - you deserved every comment you received!!!

BizLA - Sounds like you had a wonderful day - especially considering you stayed OP - Good luck at WI today - I hope those little metal things move to the left!!!!

Sommer - Wow what a bummer of the last few days - So sorry about all the terrible events, the car, the finger - the soreness and TOM - I'm right there with you on that pain though - haven't started officially - but cramping like crazy - here's sending you lots of feel better :goodvibes: - I hope everything gets better soon!!!

Boo - Sounds like you had a wonderful holiday - lots of visiting and even POOP eating - but I'm sure you will get back on track in no time - you always do!!! Wow - all those weekend/holiday events sound like fun - never been tubing, but me and DH are talking about going soo - I would love to go in West Virginia - those waters and mountains are beautiful for white water rafting.....

Katie - Glad you and grandma had a good lunch - sorry that her hip is bothering her - but hopefully the massage and therapy will help get rid of the pain. IT sucks to know that they are hurting and not be able to do anything about it!!!

Okay, I'm outta here for alittle while - maybe hehehehehe - hope everyone gets back on track from the holiday and has a wonderful POP day!!!

Boo'sMom
07-05-2006, 11:19 AM
Sommer--so sorry about the blue mood. Hope your finger is feeling better. NSV on not caving in--I am not that strong. Cheer up!

Bizlaw--thanks for the encouragement! I don't know why I step into my mom's house and lose my mind. Going home this weekend--hope the damage isn't too bad. I agree--I have done things this summer I haven't done in too many years to count.

Winkie--awesome job staying POP through your party and maintaining your TO loss! Don't you just love the compliments!! You are doing so great.

We are going to see "The Devil wears Prada" this afternoon and I am NOT getting popcorn. I will pack my own snack and be satisfied. Today will be the first day in many I will actually fix my hair and makeup--too much "lake living" has made me lazy--LOL

Boo'sMom
07-05-2006, 11:23 AM
Hey Heather--glad things went so well--and you showed off all your hard work! Our tubing is being pulled behind the boat and my dad likes to see how far he can fling you off!! It was a lot of fun but boy am I sore in places I didn't know were muscles (behind my boobs!!) my whole upper body is sore but it's a good sore, like you did something, so I'll live. I think between the golf, tubing, and jetskis I have burned a few more calories than normal.

Hope everyone has a great day!

winkie03
07-05-2006, 11:29 AM
Thanks Heather and Lea Ann. Let me know how you liked "The Devil wears Prada!" I hear it's great!

PURPLEPIRATE99
07-05-2006, 11:30 AM
Hey Heather--glad things went so well--and you showed off all your hard work! Our tubing is being pulled behind the boat and my dad likes to see how far he can fling you off!! It was a lot of fun but boy am I sore in places I didn't know were muscles (behind my boobs!!) my whole upper body is sore but it's a good sore, like you did something, so I'll live. I think between the golf, tubing, and jetskis I have burned a few more calories than normal.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Wow - now that sounds like fun - I remember doing that when I was smaller - except ours was with a knee board instead of a tube. I have a few friends at work that have boats and we are planning some knee boarding and tubing with them soon - that will be fun - but yes, I've heard about the soreness!!!

Repo girl
07-05-2006, 12:02 PM
Morning everyone! Glad to hear that some of you stayed POP. I was terrible, and up several lbs this morning. I think that there is a salt shaker just floating around inside of me. I have decided to do TO today and tomorrow with watermelon. I am feeling so gross and bloated today. Not to mention TOM is looming as well.

Evette- Wow, great NSVs for you. Great job staying OP, and how great about all of the compliments!

Sommer- Big hugs going out to you chickie. So sorry that you hurt you finger, and how rotten about your car. Hopefully your week looks up really soon.

Lea Ann- My dad is the same way with tubing. He can't talk any of us into getting on one anymore. Hope you love the movie, I am dying to see it.

Heather- I am so proud to hear that your were able to strut you stuff and not be self concious . You deserve that!

LadyIzzy
07-05-2006, 12:34 PM
Hello Chickies, hope you all had a wonderful weekend and 4th. Saturday morning weigh in was a 7lbs. lost for one week on the Rice Diet. I did ok at the cookout on Saturday and only gained 1.5lbs. I think it was more the two coolers that I had. I watched what I ate Sun. and Mon. On Tues. did the do with barbq, wine, baked beans, tater salad, etc. and got on the scale this morning and weighed the same as yesterday. Go figure but I won't complain.

mrsbeanie
07-05-2006, 12:40 PM
Hello everyone!! Hope you all had a safe and happy fourth!!

Well I just had to share. Went to the COD Friday and met with my favorite counselor. We talked over the plan and how things have been going and how frustrated I have been to be stalled basically for the last 6 months. In reviewing all the info, we found out I was moved down a plan too soon. So we decided to kick me back up to the higher plan for about 2-3 weeks and go from there. By Monday morning I had already lost 3 lbs!! Unfreaking believable!! UGGGGGGGGGGGG I could just scream at all the wasted time and everything....if I keep losing they are going to give me some weeks back for the goof up because I am not happy about it.

Glad to start losing again! I hope this keeps up.

Congrats to all the POP people this holiday. I was not totally pop okay i was pretty much POOP but it was our anniversary and I enjoyed it. Lemon water the rest of the week!

Take Care
Beanie

Repo girl
07-05-2006, 01:03 PM
Hey Beanie and Bre, good to see you both!

Beanie- Wow, that is bittersweet, isn't it?

mrsbeanie
07-05-2006, 01:11 PM
Kaite - Hi! Yeah it is pretty bittersweet. I went in thinking I could convince her to lower me a plan, and she said that most of the time they will raise you up a plan first. So then we started crunching numbers and realized I shouldn't have been moved down. In thinking about it since then it makes a lot of sense. Then in trying the 12 week challenge and doing take off every two weeks was not a good thing!! LOL Oh well live and learn. If by posting this I can save someone else the heartache....Im not saying that this will work for anyone else but it worked for me...it is all worth it. Like they say life is a journey. Some are just neverending. LOL

Repo girl
07-05-2006, 01:24 PM
Actually, the same thing happened to my little sister, and it took me talking to the manager about it to make it right. Glad that you are back to losing though, that is very exciting!

Rebeca
07-05-2006, 02:41 PM
I see that everyone had a good 4th! Almost all of us overate _i dont feel that bad now_ I have been sooo tired lately and the iron pills are not working... I saw an alternative med doc. and she said that my liver isnt functioning proterly and gave me some detox meds for it! Lets see how that goes... My mother is not doing great either...she has some in her lungs apparently not serious but please keep her in your prayers...

Heather _ I was curious about the lean up plan but after reading it...I will just keep on LAWL...lol ...sorry girl that is just too painful for me...

katie- Hope grandma feels better...my dh's grandpa is 92 living by himself, and I know how it is to try to take care of someone who doesnt let you...we went bowling the other day and he beat all of us...sad isnt it? He was a pro bowler in his 30's and has his own ball still....too cute...the healthiest man i have ever known....

Hope everyone has a good wednesday!

The scale said 174 this morning....lets see how it goes...

PURPLEPIRATE99
07-05-2006, 02:41 PM
hiya Beanie - so good to her from you - Wow - 3 lbs that is wonderful!! I'm so glad that they took the time to try to figure out what you needed!!! Hopefully they will give you some weeks back to make up for their error in judgement - I hope you continue to lose girlfriend - you deserve it!!!

Bre - Hey girl - Congrats on the 7 lb loss - that is amazing!!! So, I have to ask - what is this rice diet? never heard of it?

PURPLEPIRATE99
07-05-2006, 02:45 PM
Hey Rebeca - I agree - it is very painful and really aggrevating - b/c it keeps me from enjoying a normal dinner with my family - we enjoy grilling out many different foods - so to have chicken every night - would be aggrevating.........Glad you had a good 4th.....hey,. at least the scale isn't being too evil!!! I'll be heading down your way in about a week - Gosh, I just can't wait - I'm in desperate need of a break!!!

Rebeca
07-05-2006, 02:49 PM
Heather- MB is waiting for you...its B E A U T I F U L outside and I am stuck in a cold office..... Its probably around 80 right now...such a beach day!

PURPLEPIRATE99
07-05-2006, 03:00 PM
I'm ready for it too - I haven't been to MB since my senior year in high school 1994-----so it has been awhile!!! we usually go to wilmington nc or one of the NC beaches -

anyway - I'm headed out - DD has a checkup today - see you chickies later!!!

Tomkyn
07-05-2006, 03:21 PM
Hey everyone, I'm feeling a lot better than I was this morning. My finger hurts but my car is getting fixed on friday.

I forgot to tell everyone one good piece of news and a real tangible goal I can look towards. If I lose 2 lbs a week I'll get to my goal next late fall, 2007. I graduate from college (after 10 years) at the end of the 2007 Fall term. Ryan, my BF, and I decided this weekend that we are going to save up and book reservations on a European tour of Italy and Greece for early spring of 2008. I'm so excited for that. It all comes at the same time...I'll be fit and much thinner so I can wear cute travelling clothes and all of the walking and sightseeing won't exhaust me. I now have something I really want to aim for and that really has changed my outlook. I have a deadline...but a reasonable one. I want beautiful pictures that I don't feel embarresed about.

SO exciting. I'm glad everyone here is in good spirits today. Getting back on track feels good. I'm thinking I'm going to do take off on monday.

Tomkyn
07-05-2006, 04:07 PM
Kristi thank you! I am feeling much better. I'm glad I'm at work and around people. If I was at home I'd probably mope. Every day is a new day.

cherrycolor
07-05-2006, 04:08 PM
Just wanted to say Hi... I was lurking around and it seems like this would be a great place to keep motivated! Just finished Express and lost 4.5 pounds so I am really looking to keep with it! So far so good today but we'll see how fast all that water comes back. When it does, I am glad to know there are people here who can help keep me on track.

bizlawchik
07-05-2006, 04:21 PM
:welcome3: Cherry! Good to have you.

green0923
07-05-2006, 04:35 PM
Welcome, Cherry! Great to have you! And may I say, your avatar does not at all look like a woman who is in her 200's. You've got good genes!!!!!! :)

As for me ... frustrated ... I posted a LONG post a couple of hours ago, and it's nowhere to be found! Maybe it will show up?

cherrycolor
07-05-2006, 04:42 PM
Yeah i have one of those weird muscular bodies and I am tall. I tend to look about 30-40 lighter than i actually am but the health problems prove otherwise. High Blood Pressure is the main reason for me wanting to lose and the excess weight I have been putting on has been in my tummy. I was on LA before and lost 40 pounds and was a very happy sz 14. I kept it off for a year and a half! I got a systemic yeast infection earlier this year which really messed up my metabolism and I put back on almost 30 pounds in 6 months. So now my goal is to lose at least the same as I lost the first time which will take me down a bit lower than a weight I was comfy with. Thanks so much, you ladies are lovely!

winkie03
07-05-2006, 04:48 PM
Welcome cherrycolor!!

Sommer - Wow, what a nice present a European tour would be after completing your weight loss goal and to top it off, you're graduating!! Awesome.

LadyIzzy
07-05-2006, 04:50 PM
PurplePirate - this is what I copied off of a yahoo search. It better explains it.

"The Rice Diet is a low fat, low salt diet, which despite its name is not centered on rice. It was developed in the 1930s at Duke University, and is sometimes known as the Duke University Rice Diet.

On this high-complex-carb, low-fat, and low-sodium whole-foods diet, "Ricers" lose weight faster, more safely, and more effectively than people on any other diet. Men lose on average twenty-eight to thirty pounds and women on average nineteen to twenty pounds per month! The Rice Diet also detoxes your body, ridding it of excess water weight and toxins from processed foods and the environment. The program's results have been documented by extensive studies and confirmed by thousands of people who report amazing weight loss, as well as immediate improve-ment in such conditions as heart disease, diabetes, and hypertension. After all the other diets out there have failed them, people find that the Rice Diet is the one that finally works -- for good."

I should probably get off of this thread since I'm no longer doing LAWL.

Repo girl
07-05-2006, 05:30 PM
Nah, you don't need to leave us. Everyone has to find what works for them, but you sure don't have to go!

CandlePrincess
07-05-2006, 08:59 PM
Back from WI...lost a little over three pounds. I am thinking about switching centers. There are new people each time I go and today I was lectured about my eating habits, and how these lite bars are "plastic surgery in a box"....please. Do I look like I was born yesterday???? It was just really depressing that I lost 3 pounds and all she could yammer on about was the soy protein and how these bars are so amazing. Anyway....I LOST THREE POUNDS!!!!!!!:carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

Okay I'm off for now...my mother is coming to town tonight and I am certainly not ready for her arrival. She's here for a week.....we'll see how that goes! Later chickies!

bizlawchik
07-05-2006, 09:47 PM
HeatherCP - WOO HOO ON 3 LBS!! Pardon me being so blunt, but screw the counselor. (1) It's a short week and I'm sure she's trying the hard sell to make a weekly goal, and (2) they probably just got new goals for the month and she's trying that too.

Next time they do that, I would remind them that it would be nice for them to recognize accomplishments rather than worry about sales. I'll bet if you said something to her (or the manager of the center), they would realize how they sound.

Repo girl
07-05-2006, 10:05 PM
Great Job Heather!!!!!

StargazerJMK
07-05-2006, 10:54 PM
Hey All. Congrats to all who've lost. "Officially" I'm down another pound! Yeah... 26 to go!!!!

CandlePrincess
07-05-2006, 11:03 PM
Way to go Joan!!!!! WHOOOO HOOO!!!!

Boo'sMom
07-05-2006, 11:18 PM
Bre--can you elaborate on the rice diet? What do you eat if it isn't centered on rice? Curiousity is killing me!

The movie was really good--I'll admit I am easily entertained--but we all loved it. (The Devil Wears Prada)

Sounds like everyone is doing REALLY well this week--not me and I won't go near a scale til I am home a few days--so maybe early next week. I take full responsibility for everything horrible I put in my mouth.

Debbie24
07-06-2006, 12:04 AM
Heather congrats on the 3lbs lost. That girl is an idiot! You should have said "i was born at night but it wasnt last night!" People are so stupid.

Lea Ann i googled it and its something where you have to go away to do it, its not an at home thing from what i read and its like $2300 for the 1st week. I'll try to attach the link.

http://www.ricedietprogram.com/

Go to "how much does it cost"

Ninacali
07-06-2006, 01:56 AM
WI today....down another 2 pounds! Woo-hoo!!
Ok, but get this..... On my second WI my counselor mentioned a $25
coupon if I lose 5 lbs. I hit that mark on my next WI but due to a
sales pitch forgot to get my coupon. Today I go in and I overhear of a
promo they had "If you had a loss during the 4th of July weekend you
get a $10 coupon".....I'm a bit amped from working, long day, son also
waiting with me, other kids home alone and I'm asking her tons of
questions and she's being vague, she finally says that I'm getting
ahead of myself and I slow it down. I then wanted to use the coupon
and get some bars, welp she says that I really should get 2
boxes.....(made me remember how someone made mention that their goal
is to hit $65 everytime they have you purchase something) soo I'm a
bit dissappointed 'cause I don't have the money for 2 boxes, then I
forget about following through with the $10 promo. & dealing with the
dissappointment and my body starts crashing I really wanted to run
home and eat a RB float, apple pie & the other stuff we have left over
from the 4th.......I get home and I'm more determined to NOT buy any
of their products but make this work so I ate on program but just not
perfect.....I didn't get a veggie, fruit, starch & protein  and it
just got too late to eat. I'm too exhausted to "feel" hungry & I had
to force myself to eat a Lean Cuisine.

I haven't had time to read everyone's post today, hope everyone is doing well.

Purple- you may lose a TO buddy I'm not sure if I should do it since
I've been losing pretty quick. hmmmm, we'll just have to see how the
weekend fairs.

Ninacali
07-06-2006, 02:11 AM
Oh!! Did anyone get an updated new menu plan? Or is this old news and since I'm new my COD may be behind? A couple of changes- 3 celery ribs instead of 1, added stuff like coconut milk, broth, persimmons and also recommend CC meals only 1-2 times a week?

PURPLEPIRATE99
07-06-2006, 09:09 AM
Hiya chickies!!! Well, I'm ill and have absolutely no :flow1: this morning. TOM is just a burden and my DD has not been feeling so great so she has been up and down all night. 3:30 am - I get Mommy, I need to go potty - so what are you supposed to say when you work your butt off to get the kid potty train - wow - she was wide awake afterwards. She didn't do too bad getting up this morning though - so that was pretty good.

Kristi - Sounds like you had a wonderful BBQ and didn't do too bad. At least you stopped when you knew you should!!! That is an accomplishment in itself!!! Here's sending you lots of 160's :goodvibes:.....

Sommer - Glad things are slowly getting better - Wow what a vacation you guys are planning, but that will give you something to strive for and really help motivate you!! I bet you will just be struttin' your stuff in Italy and Greece - you go girl!!!

:welcome: Cherry!! Nice loss girlfriend!!!

Bre - No, don't you dare leave us - I've tried different things lately trying to spice things up too - but I don't plan on going anywhere - your a chickie - your our friend - stay here!!! That sounds interesting, but if the $$ is true - wow - can't afford that one!

Erin - Girl that same thing happened to me yesterday - thank god I kept hitting the back button until I found it!!! Sorry - I know how frustrating that can be....

HeatherCP - Congrats on the loss - way to go - sorry they were so discouraging instead of praising you like they should have!!!

Joan - wow girl -you are the LAWL master hunh? melting away 1 lb at a time - Hey, would you mind posting a sample menu - I would just like to see what your eating....

Boo - girl I'm with you on the scale thing - don't even want to look at it for now - I can tell I'm so bloated from TOM and cramps are just making me feel terrible!!!

Nina - Girl - if you're losing and you're not having the carb cravings - then by all means - there is no need for you to do TO - I'm sorry that your trip to the COD was so frustrating - I just don't understand why they can be so pushy - I don't go to the COD - so I don't have to deal with that kind of thing - "they wouldn't want me there" by the sound of some of you guys stories!!!

Anyway Congrats on the 2 lbs - you should be proud of yourself - that is a wonderful accomplishment for a long holiday weekend!!!

green0923
07-06-2006, 09:14 AM
Good morning, ladies!

HeatherCP, congrats on the outstanding loss!!!!! How impressive! As for the COD, give me a break! How many of us on here on not doing bars and having mucho success??? I have never even tried a bar, and feel pretty great about how quickly I'm losing! My COD has the same problems yours does, it seems -- staffing issues. I see a different person every time I go in any more. It's frustrating because I have to explain things OVER AND OVER to those people. *sigh* I loved my COD when I started, but since then, there is not one person left.

Cherrycolor, good for you on carrying your weight well! So sorry about the systemic infection -- how awful!!! But I'm glad to know you have such confidence in LAWL that you returned.

Cassi, I like your point about reminding them to recognize accomplishments. SOmetimes, they really need it!

Joan, congratulations!!!! 26 lbs!!! You are going to be there in no time!

Lea Ann, I've heard good things about that movie. Haven't seen it. But maybe I'll get a friend to go this weekend.

Debbie and Bre, I saw a special on the Rice Diet a few years ago. Looked like most of those people were in a facility while dieting so that they could monitor intake, etc.

Trish, sorry that your COD didn't do so great with the coupons. Ours didn't offer anything like that from what I saw. BUT, great NSV on sticking to the lean cuising and skipping the root beer float! Also, I haven't seen a new menu plan. I'll ask about that on Friday.

As for me, we're going out to lunch for a co-worker's birthday today. We have parties here EVERY week. So far, I have skipped all of the cake, ice cream, etc. I really don't even want to go to lunch today. I will make a wise choice (grilled shrimp or chicken salad), but my body reacts to sodium. And I WANT to hit 80 lbs on Friday's WI ... so ... not sure what to do. I will just do the lemon water, drink lots of water today, and be sure to bring my own salad dressing. Maybe that will minimize the impact ...

green0923
07-06-2006, 09:16 AM
HeatherPP, sorry, we posted at the same time! Sorry about TOM giving you the blues. Hopefully Savannah will feel better today and you can get some much deserved sleep tonight!!!

PURPLEPIRATE99
07-06-2006, 09:25 AM
Hey Erin - Thanks - I sure hope so - She is at daycare - she isn't feeling too too bad, just not her usual self - if you KWIM!!!

Trish - Just wanted to say - I had to add a glitter name - hope you don't mind the copy!!! those are just too fun!

bizlawchik
07-06-2006, 10:10 AM
Good morning, all. No time for personals this morning, as work is busy right now, but good luck to everyone for a POP day!

winkie03
07-06-2006, 10:11 AM
Good Morning chickies!! Just wanted to say "congratulations" to all that are a little lighter. I'm a pound lighter this morning. Woo-hoo!! 27 more to go!!

I might have to go and see "The Devil Wears Prada" too, Lea Ann, I'm easily amused myself.

HeatherPP - glad that your little girl is doing better. Hope you have a good day!

Joan - We're neck and neck girl!!! Congratulations on that 1 pound loss.

HeatherCP - 3 pounds!! That's terrific. Who cares what the COD says.

Trish - 2 pounds gone!! yay! BTW, Can I have the new updated menu? Thank you!

To all those that I've forgotten, have a great POP day!! Talk to you chickes soon! Take Care!

Ninacali
07-06-2006, 10:15 AM
Heather- heck I also copied from another gal on some other post here on 3fatchicks, so nawww don't mind a bit..... Sorry to hear 'bout your dd, mine spent the night at g-ma's & it was the first time in a LONG time that we didn't get awakened & had an extra body in our bed. Although most times she just crawls right over me and I don't feel her till she kicks me in the ribs.

OMG I woke up this morning and realized I have no coffee!!!! ugghh!!!!

Repo girl
07-06-2006, 12:13 PM
Trish, Sorry about the coffee. I had the same problem. Good thing my parents live across the street, I sent DD over there with a baggie at 7:30 this morning to borrow some!

StargazerJMK
07-06-2006, 01:08 PM
Oh!! Did anyone get an updated new menu plan? Or is this old news and since I'm new my COD may be behind? A couple of changes- 3 celery ribs instead of 1, added stuff like coconut milk, broth, persimmons and also recommend CC meals only 1-2 times a week?

I havent heard about any changes either... Hmmmm

StargazerJMK
07-06-2006, 01:12 PM
Way to go Joan!!!!! WHOOOO HOOO!!!!

Heather thanks. :hug:

bizlawchik
07-06-2006, 01:23 PM
Trish - I got an updated list at Friday's WI

winkie03
07-06-2006, 01:25 PM
ninacali and cassi - you mind sharing the new updated list? Thank you!

StargazerJMK
07-06-2006, 01:30 PM
Joan - wow girl -you are the LAWL master hunh? melting away 1 lb at a time - Hey, would you mind posting a sample menu - I would just like to see what your eating....

Heather, sure... heres what I typically do...

Breakfast:
4 oz Yogurt (Dannon Lite & Fit comes in CUTE little four oz containers - 12 to a pack)I'm not a huge breakfast eater, never have been.

Mid AM: (about 10:00 am)
4 oz yogurt
1 C Cantalope

Lunch:
A Protien, could be 6 oz of gr. turkey in a salad, 2 bocca burgers on a slice of lite bread (Sara Lee Delightful), or a LA Slim Down.
2 Veggies: Usually a salad consisting of a cup of lettuce and a quarter of a cucumber

Mid PM: (About 3:00 pm)
1 c cantlope

Dinner:
Protien - could be beef, chicken, tuna, salmon, pork chops... whatever I have that will stay on the plan.
Usually I have a cup of Broccoli or Culliflower (I'm not a Big veggie eater)

Evening Snack: (about 8 to 9 pm)
I usually have a Fruit, any starches or veggies I still need to get in

Specifically, here's what I did early this week:

Breakfast:
4 oz yogurt (1/2 dairy)

Mid am:
1 c cantalope (f)

Lunch:
2 egg eggsalad (P)
1 TBSP Lite Mayo (Fa)
1 slice lite Bread (S)
4 oz yogurt (1/2 d)

Mid PM:
1 c cantalope (F)

Dinner: Turkey Salad (I put the turkey in the lettuce salad)
6 oz gr. turkey (P)
1 c lettuce, 1/4 cucumber (2V)
1 c cooked broccoli (2V)
1 c cantalop (F) (Kind of dessert)

Evening Snack:
Skinny Cow Fudge Bar (S)

Condiments:
2 TBSP Kraft Fat Free 1000 Island Dressing

Sorry this is so long. This is a pretty typical day for me...

StargazerJMK
07-06-2006, 01:33 PM
Joan - We're neck and neck girl!!! Congratulations on that 1 pound loss.

Evette, you bet. I'm hoping to keep this pace up. I can deal with one pound at a time, just so long as its not a pound a week. ;)

jcook
07-06-2006, 02:16 PM
Starting week 7 of LAWL, weighed in yesterday lost 3.5 lbs. since last friday. I am soooooooooooooooooooo happy. I really didnt think I could do this. I am a bored eater, so I try to stay as buisy as I can. I start back to the gym next week. I cant wait, I have really felt the lack of energy these last two weeks from not going. Hubby comes home in Nov. so I need to get my butt in gear. Have a great day ladies...:D

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar063/slider-situp/lb/302/190/283/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/)

LadyIzzy
07-06-2006, 02:36 PM
Repo and PurplePirate - thanks for wanting me to stay.

PurplePirate and Boosmom - listed below is some of the info from The Rice Diet Report book. I'm reading a library copy of the Rice Diet Solution which only has three phases and have ordered but it hasn't arrived yet. So far the older one is working for me though. I could never afford the to go to the Rice House in Durham, NC for the inhouse treatment.

THE RICE DIET

Phase 1
This is the first part of the Rice Diet. You decide when you are ready to move onto Phase 2 of the diet. I urge you to at least try and stay on the Phase 1 section for at least two weeks. Remember, the longer you stay on Phase 1 the more weight you lose in that period of time. People have been known to stay in this phase for months.
You may substitute one cup of unsweetened juice for a fruit instead of eating the actual fruit. Juices allowed are apple, apricot, cran-apple, cran-grape, grapefruit, grape (purple or white), orange, pineapple, prune, and peach nectar. No vegetable juices are allowed due to sodium content.
Be sure to drink at least 24 ounces of fluids a day but no more than 40 ounces. You may drink water, tea (regular, or decaf), decaf coffee, or lemonade (made at home with water, juice, and Equal only).
No salt is allowed in this diet! Repeat - NO SALT IS ALLOWED IN THIS DIET! Now that we have that cleared, you may use fresh lemon juice for the salty taste, and Equal for sweet taste, but no other spices can be used. Do NOT use salt substitutes. Do not use bottled or canned lemon juices.
Think you are going to feel like cheating? There is an allowable cheat every now and again...chew gum. Sometimes I have a sweet tooth so bad, that I chew gum for lunch. In fact, I bought a bucket of gum when I decided to go back on this diet. After chewing gum for 30 minutes my jaws hurt to bad to even think about eating!
Below is the list of foods that are permitted during this phase. The only unlimited things you can have are lemons, and limes.
I loved lemons so much that I used to eat 3 whole lemons before I had my supper and 1 for a snack before bed, which you are not supposed to have, but it didn't seem to hurt my diet! I actually looked forward to eating supper at night. One more day accomplished! One more good diet day gone by! Besides, I could eat as many as I wanted. I believe that lemons actually help curb your appetite.
Breakfast:
1 fruit
any non-alcoholic beverage

Lunch:
2 fruits
1 portion of cooked rice or its equivalent
Dinner:
2 fruits

RICE AND Its EQUIVALENTS
Rice...any rice, except wild rice can be used. Wash rice before cooking. Use only water to cook rice and add no salts. One serving is 3/4 cup cooked rice per meal.
Puffed rice...use plain, unsweetened rice. Up to 1 1/2 cups puffed rice per meal.
Puffed wheat...use only plain, unsweetened kind. Up to 1 1/2 cups puffed wheat per meal.
Shredded wheat... plain, unsweetened kind. One whole biscuit is one serving and 2/3 cup of the spoon sized shredded wheat is one serving.
Cream of rice...prepare according to package instructions with water only. One serving is 3/4 cup cooked cereal.
FRUIT
CANNED FRUITS, BOTH WATER AND SUGAR PACKED, MAY BE SERVED WITH 2 TSB. OF JUICE PER SERVING.
Apples - fresh, 1 medium; dried, 1/4 cup;
Applesauce - unsweetened, 1 cup; unsweetened, 1/2 cup
Apricots - fresh, 3 average; canned, unsweetened, 1 cup; canned, sweetened, 1/2 cup; dried, 1/4 cup
Bananas - 1 medium; dried bananas not allowed
Blueberries - fresh, 1 cup; canned, sweetened, 1/2 cup; canned, unsweetened, 1 cup; frozen, sweetened, 1/4 cup
Cantaloupe - 1/2 average
Cherries - fresh, 1 cup; canned, sweetened, 1/2 cup; canned, unsweetened, 1 cup; dried, 1/4 cup
Cranberries - sauce, 1/4 cup; jellied, 1/4 cup
Fruit cocktail - canned, sweetened, 1/2 cup; canned, unsweetened, 1 cup
Grapefruit - fresh, 1/2
sections, canned, sweetened, 1 cup
Honeydew melon - fresh, 1/5
Lemon - fresh - as desired
Lime - fresh - as desired
Mandarin orange - fresh, 2 small; canned, sweetened, 1/2 cup; canned, unsweetened, 1 cup
Mango - fresh, 1 medium
Melon balls - frozen, sweetened, 3/4 cup
Nectarine - 1 medium
Orange - fresh, 1 medium
Peaches - fresh, 1 medium or 1 large; canned, sweetened, 1/2 cup; canned, unsweetened, 1 cup; dried, 1/4 cup
Pears - fresh, 1 medium; canned, sweetened, 1/2 cup; canned, unsweetened, 1 cup; dried, 1/4 cup
Pineapple - fresh, 1/4; dried, 1/4 cup
Pineapple slices, chunks, tidbits, and crushed - canned, sweetened, 1/2 cup; canned, unsweetened, 1 cup
Plums - fresh, 2 small or 1 medium or large; canned, sweetened, 1/2 cup; canned, unsweetened, 1 cup
Raisins - boxed, 1/3 cup (one 1 1/2 oz. pkg.)
Strawberries - fresh, 1 cup; frozen, sweetened, 1/4 cup; frozen, unsweetened, 1/2 cup
canned, sweetened, 1/2 cup; canned, unsweetened, 1 cup
Tangelo - fresh, 1 average
Tangerine - fresh, 1 average
Watermelon - fresh, 1 slice, 10" diameter, 1" thick (about 2 cups)

Phase 2
You should have been on Phase 1 for at least 2 weeks now and I know that you just can't take it anymore. This phase introduces tomatoes and a great tomato sauce and I am sure that you are so happy to hear this by now!
I know that these are trying times with food and you probably just want to throw in the towel and give up. I know the feeling, but hey, doesn't it feel good to pat yourself on the back because you lost a few more pounds today? Think about it while you read through this next little piece.
Breakfast:
1 fruit

Lunch:
Tomato Sauce
1 fruit

Dinner:
Tomato Salad
1 fruit

Phase 3
In Phase 3 you can now add vegetable to your diet. Do not use any vegetables that are not on your list. I don't care if you think that they are healthy or not. Certain vegetables are not allowed on this diet such as celery, watercress, beans, peas, and etc. due to their high sodium content.
Please use fresh vegetables, as they benefit you more with their vitamins and nutrients. If you choose to use frozen vegetables, please make sure there is no sodium in them! DO NOT use canned vegetable because the sodium used in canning them.
VEGETABLES
Artichoke - fresh - 1 medium, once weekly
Asparagus - fresh, 1/2" in diameter at base - 15 to 20; frozen - 1/2 package
Bamboo shoots - fresh - 8 ounces
Beans, green, yellow, or wax - fresh - 1 to 1 1/2 cups; frozen - 1 to 1 1/2 cups
Beets - fresh - 3/4 cup, weekly
Broccoli - fresh or frozen - 1 to 1 1/2 cups
Brussel sprouts - fresh or frozen - 1 to 1 1/2 cups
Cabbage, red or white - 1 to 1/2 cups
Carrots - fresh or frozen - 1 to 1 1/2 cups, weekly
Cauliflower - fresh - 1/4 large head; frozen - 1 1/2 to 2 cups
Collards - fresh or frozen - 1 cup
Corn - frozen - 3/4 cup; on cob - 1 5" ear
Cucumbers - fresh, peeled - 2 whole
Eggplant - fresh, peeled - 1 1/2 to 2 cups
Kale - fresh or frozen - 1 1/2 to 2 cups, once weekly
Leeks - fresh - 4 ounces
Lettuce - fresh - 1/2 average head
Mushrooms - fresh - 1 to 1 1/2 cups
Mustard greens - fresh or frozen - 8 ounces
Okra - fresh or frozen - 8 ounces
Onions, any kind - fresh - 2 medium
Peas, green - fresh or frozen - 2/3 cup
Peas, snow - fresh or frozen - 4 to 6 ounces
Peppers, any kind - fresh - 2 whole
Potatoes, any kind - fresh, peeled - 1 medium
Pumpkin - fresh - 1 cup
Radish - fresh - 1 1/2 to 2 cups
Sprouts, any kind - fresh - 1 1/2 to 2 cups
Squash, summer, yellow, zucchini - fresh - 1 1/2 to 2 cups
Squash, winter, butternut, acorn, Hubbard - fresh - 2/3 cups
Tomatoes - fresh - 2 average
Tomatoes, cherry - fresh - 16
Tomato paste, no sodium - 1/4 cup
Turnip greens - fresh - 1 1/2 to 2 cups
Turnips, white - fresh - 1/2 cup, once weekly
Water chestnuts - 8 ounces

Phase 4
WOW! I am really impressed with your progress! Well, I am glad to say that now we are going to be able to add meats to your diet. Fun hunh? Well, let's get started on the rules and regulations of this new phase!
You can only have meat one time a week for the first week. Then, when you move into your second week you can have it twice, and so on and so forth. By the end of the fifth week you may have meats once a day everyday of the week!
You may only have white meat during this phase. One serving is 3 to 4 ounces of meat. You must remove all skin and fat from meat before cooking. Do not fry meats. You may bake, broil, boil, or grill, but NEVER fry meats. When you eat fish, do not eat any Salmon, Mackerel, Sardines, Mullet, Bluefish, Herring, Tuna, or Pompano. Eat only fresh fish! You can eat NO shellfish whatsoever due to the sodium content! NONE! No shrimp, lobster, clams, oysters, etc.
You may also now include in your diet, Turkey, 2 to 3 ounces; Tofu - 4 to 6 ounces, before cooked; dried peas and dried beans, and legumes, one half-cup measure before cooked.
Breakfast:
1/2 grapefruit
Decaffeinated coffee
Lunch:
Vegetable Soup
White rice
Tomato salad w/ green peppers & salad dressing
Tea
Dinner:
Fish Fillets covered with
Rice Diet Tomato Sauce
1/2 Cantaloupe
Tea

Phase 5
you can now add starches, grains, and eggs to your diet menus. You can also start adding some condiments to your diet. These condiments count as a free item, so use all that you would like.
This phase is to be used after about 7 to 9 weeks of Phase 4. But don't worry; you are slowly getting there!

Below is the list of foods you are allowed to have.
Breakfast:
Oatmeal with honey
Decaffeinated coffee
Lunch:
2 rice cakes
Baked potato
Tomato salad w/ green peppers & salad dressing
Tea
Dinner:
3 ounces turkey covered with Rice Diet Tomato Sauce
1 large apple
Tea
STARCHES, GRAINS, AND EGGS
Pasta, any kind except for spinach pasta - 1/2 cup, after cooking
Bread, salt free - 1 slice
Melba toast - 3 pieces
Matzo - 3/4 of a piece
Rice cakes, unsalted - 2 cakes
Pretzels, unsalted - 3/4 of an ounce
Tortillas, unsalted - 1 tortilla
Oatmeal - 2/3 of a cup, cooked
Cornmeal - 1/4 cup dry
Grits - 2/3 cup, cooked
Farina - 2/3 cup, cooked
Eggs - 1 egg equals one portion
Vinegar, any kind - as much as desired
Garlic and Onion, fresh only - as much as desired
Dill - fresh only, as much as desired
Parsley - fresh only, as much as desired
Honey - Maximum - 1 tablespoon per day
Mustard - dry only, as much as desired
Vegetable sprays - salt free only, use as needed

Phase 6
You are now at the maintenance part of this diet. You should have been on Phase 5 for about 2 months, or longer. In this phase there is no new recipes, but you can now add skim milk, unsalted butter, plain yogurt, unsalted cheeses, 2 to 3 ounces of poultry, 3 to 4 ounces of shellfish, 2 to 3 ounces of liver (once a week due to high cholesterol content), peanut butter (unsalted of course), nuts and seeds (be cautious these are VERY high in fat and calories!), ALL vegetables (the ones not included in phase 3 also), all herbs (use for taste and in very minute quantities), and very little salt if you desire. Use no more than an eighth of a teaspoon if you MUST eat SALT!

TIPS:
(1) Do not eat after 7 PM.
(2) Do not pig out on food...even those that are allowed.
(3) Stay away from all sodium products...including baking soda and baking powder.
(4) Stay away from sweets. After all, that is what got you here in the first place!
(5) EXERCISE!!!! You must exercise to keep body firm and metabolism up!
(6) Eat meals within an hour and a half time period. Your body will get used to you eating at certain times. Keep it that way always!
(7) If you happen to gain a few pounds, go back to Phase 1 for a few days.
(8) If you pig out one day, don't worry about it. Go on with the diet and forget it.
(9) If you are not hungry one day, you DO NOT have to eat all food allowed!

PURPLEPIRATE99
07-06-2006, 02:46 PM
Joan - thanks so much - I really appreciate that - I like to get different ideas on how people are combining their foods and such - I truly think that makes a difference. Katie had posted a red plan weeks ago that I copied - using that for ideas too -

ATTENTION IF ANYONE LOVES CHICKEN, CHEESE AND PITAS - YOU HAVE TO TRY THAT RECIPE THAT KATIE POSTED WITH THE CHICKEN BREAST - BASIL PESTO SPREAD AND LF CHEESE IN A PITA POCKET - OMG - IT IS TO DIE FOR - SO SO SO GOOD!!!

StargazerJMK
07-06-2006, 02:52 PM
Joan - thanks so much - I really appreciate that - I like to get different ideas on how people are combining their foods and such - I truly think that makes a difference. Katie had posted a red plan weeks ago that I copied - using that for ideas too -

ATTENTION IF ANYONE LOVES CHICKEN, CHEESE AND PITAS - YOU HAVE TO TRY THAT RECIPE THAT KATIE POSTED WITH THE CHICKEN BREAST - BASIL PESTO SPREAD AND LF CHEESE IN A PITA POCKET - OMG - IT IS TO DIE FOR - SO SO SO GOOD!!!

Heather no problem. I try to mix things up, but sometimes find myself getting into "habits" of eating the same things. I really have to watch that.

PURPLEPIRATE99
07-06-2006, 02:53 PM
BRE - Oh my oh my - I don't know how you are doing that - you can't have any proteins until phase 4 - my body would wilt with all the weight training I do - I'm sure glad you are having success on it though - wow - I can't believe you typed all that out - you really didn't have to go all that far....oh my!! my hand hurts just knowing how much you typed!!! It definitely looks interesting - I wonder what the actual concept is based on?? I live like 30 minutes from Durham and Duke university - very interesting.l..thanks - I will definitely copy and keep it for future reference -

PURPLEPIRATE99
07-06-2006, 03:01 PM
Heather no problem. I try to mix things up, but sometimes find myself getting into "habits" of eating the same things. I really have to watch that.
Hey, Joan - is that purple plan w/o lites ??

2P,1Fa,3F,4V,2S,1Dairy?? I hope I counted right?

PURPLEPIRATE99
07-06-2006, 03:14 PM
Come on where is everybody -
you guys are too quiet today -
hey wake up - come out of lurking - do something - talk to me----

heheheheheh

MetalChic
07-06-2006, 03:19 PM
Oh my, there is no way I could do that rice diet!

I like to eat too much! :hungry: Not to mention, I would be dead before I got to phase 2 :eek: Sounds more like anorexia to me than a diet.

juliemarie
07-06-2006, 03:22 PM
Okay fine-I will!

Had a great 4th! Did the half-marathon on beautiful Sauvie Island in the morning. Thanks to my carpool buddies who were paranoid about parking-I had to get up at 4:30am and we were there 90 minutes before the start time. Ugh! I finished in 3 hours and 53 min-which put me at a pace of under 18 minutes a mile-which I am ecstatic about . . . . . I actually wasn't feeling all that well-I ate a banana beforehand and it sat like a brick in my stomach the whole way. My tummy had been bothering me all morning and a little the nite before. It wasn't horrible-just a bit uncomfortable.

Then I went home, showered, ate, and changed. Tried to nap but it didn't work. Went to a friend's house who has a fantastic view of the Vancouver fireworks plus the Portland skyline-it was like a 3 hour fireworks show. It was hard to know where to look. It's amazing that joe shmoe can just go out and buy fireworks like that. Too cool! Ended up getting to bed around 1am. Slept like the dead til after 11. So tired yesterday. Even took a nap in the afternoon.

And now I'm at work. Thrilling . . .

CandlePrincess
07-06-2006, 03:35 PM
OK...i wish i could spend more time posting..but i seem to run after these kids more than anything! LOL (not complaining...i'll take every second of it!). I will say it's starting to scare me a bit...I am really developing into a housewife and such......after 12 years of marriage my husband is probably going into shock.

So has anyone tried the LA lite drinks??? yesterday at my visit to SCOD they tried to convince me that they were sooooo good and I could use them to replace a lite....well i am drinking the strawberry kiwi...and i don't think it's so good. If Plastic surgery in a box tastes like this...then let me wait and have the real deal where I am asleep for it! LOL. Anyway if anyone has tried these and has found a way to make them better let me know!

Also for all you real moms out there....I have a 7 month old that is sucking all the formula he can manage and not eating baby food..and the formula isn't keeping his tummy full enough....he still is only sleeping about 5-6 hours a stretch...any ideas on how I should help him transition to baby food??? His doctors and all the people involved with him think he should be on baby food by now...any ideas would be appreciated!

green0923
07-06-2006, 03:45 PM
Karen, I'm with you ... no way I could be successful on that diet. More power to you, Bre!

Juliemarie, congrats on the outstanding time! 18 min/mile is amazing for that long ... great job! The fireworks sound wonderful. We did a little here, but more like 40 mins.

HeatherCP, okay ... neither of my kids were picky eaters, but I found the easiest way to introduce them to foods was to mix rice cereal with applesauce or banana baby food and breast milk/formula and build up from there. One thing you might try is the make the baby food more or less thick. My DD loved it runny, DS only liked it thick. How many ounces of formula is DFS taking a day? And how far between feedings?

PURPLEPIRATE99
07-06-2006, 03:51 PM
Hiya Julie Marie and welcome to the boards today - hahahahahaha !! Hey girl - congrats on such a wonderful marathon - wow - that is wonderful. I've done the banana thing before a workout and man oh man - that is the worst feeling to have something sitting there and you can feel it no matter what!!! 18 mins / mile - you go girl - geez, I tried running on the treadmill today and it just didn't work too good for me - I think TOM has just drained the majority of my energy. oh well - tomorrow is another day - I think I've contracted some kind of stomach virus too - today is just not my day - but you know what I've been totally POP today!! (thanks Katie ;) )Sounds like you had a wonderful time watching the fireworks - we went and bought some from another state since anything over like 10 ft is illegal in NC - but we had a show going on - We threw a pool party and had a bunch of friends over - it was really really nice!!!!
Oh - thanks for coming to visit me today - I was lonely!!!:hug: :hug:

heather CP - Sorry your plastic surgery in a bottle drink isn't that tasty.....you know they will do anything to sell sell - especially something new!! Oh well -you will know next time! Have you tried cutting the nipple in the bottle just slightly and try adding some rice cereal - alot of times that will at least give them some more substance rather than just milk - that is the only idea I have for the little one!!!

bizlawchik
07-06-2006, 03:59 PM
HeatherCP - I would start with the rice cereal also. About 2 tablespoons mixed w/formula. Start w/lots of formula and work your way to a thicker cereal. Good luck!

deetsmom
07-06-2006, 04:20 PM
OK...i wish i could spend more time posting..but i seem to run after these kids more than anything! LOL (not complaining...i'll take every second of it!). I will say it's starting to scare me a bit...I am really developing into a housewife and such......after 12 years of marriage my husband is probably going into shock.

So has anyone tried the LA lite drinks??? yesterday at my visit to SCOD they tried to convince me that they were sooooo good and I could use them to replace a lite....well i am drinking the strawberry kiwi...and i don't think it's so good. If Plastic surgery in a box tastes like this...then let me wait and have the real deal where I am asleep for it! LOL. Anyway if anyone has tried these and has found a way to make them better let me know!

Also for all you real moms out there....I have a 7 month old that is sucking all the formula he can manage and not eating baby food..and the formula isn't keeping his tummy full enough....he still is only sleeping about 5-6 hours a stretch...any ideas on how I should help him transition to baby food??? His doctors and all the people involved with him think he should be on baby food by now...any ideas would be appreciated!

I cant see why you couldnt add rice cereal, you mix it with formula and helps make baby feel fuller. thats the first step, then add in fruits and veggies...I think for 7m, its definitely time for "solids".

Repo girl
07-06-2006, 04:56 PM
I'm with Deets, I would start putting some rice cereal in the formula. I would also start offering him baby food a couple of times a day. Use a tiny spoon, give tiny bites, and expect that most of it is coming to come back out on his tounge. It may take some practice. When I am teaching an infant to eat off of a spoon I keep their pacifier handy. If they are not swallowing any of it, I will give them a spoonful, then pop the pacifier in their mouth so that as they suck, they swallow. Some baby's catch on to spoon feeding really fast, other really take some working with. Nutrition is, of course, the main reason for starting solids, but there is also some brain benefits too. Learning to eat off of a spoon builds synapses in his brain. Even better for brain development is learning to place hand to mouth to eat finger foods. Check out the Gerber finger foods. They have these cool freeze dried corn kernels that disolve on your tounge. My babies love them. And by the way, you as real a mom as they come, chickie.

Julie Marie- You are so so so my shero. I am so thrilled for you about the marathon.

Heather- Glad you liked the pita. It is my favorite lunch, too.

PURPLEPIRATE99
07-06-2006, 05:01 PM
katie - Wow - our own child development guru too!!!

Yes, I loved the pita - My DH even came by here to pick up something and he took a bite - his eyes lit up - he really enjoyed it as well!!!

Debbie24
07-06-2006, 05:20 PM
Ok i just had the pizza you posted katie and it was delish, i can't wait to have it again! I think thats going to become a regular part of my week since i LOVE pizza. What is the other pita recipe? I must have missed it.

HeatherCP i agree start with regular rice cereal in the milk, maybe 1tbls and then go from there. My son hated cereal in a bowl with formula, wouldnt eat it at all, i had to go straight to veggies & fruits. I started giving him solids when he was 5mo old though. Do you make your own baby foods or buy? My boy wont eat the store bought but thats maybe because he's used to the home made. There is a great site that tells you how to make baby foods if you like i can post it. Goodluck, he will come around.

Sorry havent tried the drinks so no help there.

StargazerJMK
07-06-2006, 05:44 PM
Hey, Joan - is that purple plan w/o lites ??

2P,1Fa,3F,4V,2S,1Dairy?? I hope I counted right?

Heather, Yep. Purple no lites. :)

StargazerJMK
07-06-2006, 05:49 PM

HeatherCP, too funny. Plastic surgery in a box. :dizzy:

I haven't tried the LA Lite drinks, but I have tried the LA Slim Downs... They are Good! I've earned 2 25.00 coupons and the 10.00 off for losing over the 4th and I've used it on the LA Slim Downs. Just like a chocholate shake. When I run out of them though, I have a whole load of SlimFast Optima. Its almost Identical, and even lower in sugar than the LA Slim Downs. It does have half the protien, but I can live with that. I figure that the SlimFast would, given the comparison in labels be 1/2P and 1 S. That works for me.

Repo girl
07-06-2006, 06:07 PM
Debbie- The sandwich Heather is talking about is a toasted pita pocket with a grilled chicken breast & lowfat cheese. You spread the inside of the pita with sundried tomato pesto. I buy the pesto at Super Walmart in the spaghetti sauces. It is on the top shelf in both of the stores I have found it in, and it is in a small square glass jar. So yummy. Me and my DH love it.

jcook
07-06-2006, 06:51 PM

Heather CP, Never tried the LA drinks, can barely stand the bars. My son just turned 7mo. the 22nd. He has been eating baby food since he was 4 mo. He had such an appitite, he was 12lbs. when he was born and the 4-6 oz. of formula wasnt doing a thing. I started with rice cereal mixed with a little formula. Then moved on to fruits, one at a time for a week each, then veggies, each a week before trying a new one. He likes the store bought stuff, I really never gave my kids the homemade babyfood, except potatoes. He is now having a little meat with his dinner veggies. He hated them at first but dosent mind now. He sleeps all night still, but it takes him a while to get to sleep. Good luck and have fun starting solids.

Repo girl
07-06-2006, 06:56 PM
12 pounds? Dang, you deserve a medal!

skipper
07-06-2006, 07:05 PM
Hello Lovely Ladies,

I have spent the past hour catching up with all of you after being on vacation for a week. So many of you are doing great - congrats to all of you who were able to be on plan and had a loss or some sort of NSV over the weekend!!!:hug: :hug: For those of us who ate way too many 'treats', well it's a new week - time to start over.

We were on vacation to Cape Cod to visit Gramma and Papa and see our nephew get married - it is NOT possible that my nephew is old enough to get married (although at 22 it's debatable if he IS old enough:dizzy: ) - and all 6 of my siblings, their spouses and kids - that's 25 people folks - were together for 5 days. That's a lot of bad food opportunites - wedding cake, champagne, ice cream at my favorite joint on the Cape, barbecues, etc... We got home last night and I was terrified to step on the scale this morning - I was down 2.7!!! How did this happen?? Probably high fat ice cream - kick started everything :smug:

Hope you are all well - no time for personals, but I am so proud of so many of you!!

Smiles!!!

Marilee

cherrycolor
07-06-2006, 08:08 PM
First day in the "real world" today and I feel like I screwed up a bit. I took some vacation time to get myself started on the plan with the Take Off and all of its strict regulations but today I went back to work and it was amazing to me how quickly I forgot that I was on a diet. I had some reduced fat coffee cake at Starbucks and then while at work they made me a smoothy with Orange Sherbet ( I work as a consultant in the restaurant business) and I drank it down. Yikes! Tried to ge tback on track but I am afraid of how the exrtra sugar is going to hit the scale in the morning. Anyways, just thought I would say hi.... I have to get my mind back on the game here. Last time I did LA I was working from home so I didn't have the temptations of life on the road and an expense account.

dolphn545
07-06-2006, 08:47 PM
Hi Everybody! :wave:

Finally got my internet back up & running. The move went good, for the most part. Have to get a couple things still from the apartment, and then clean everything down. Other than that, we are (almost) settled. Still have to find a home for & unpack what seems like 5,000 boxes though.

I didn't eat POP for this whole week, and I have WI tomorrow afternoon. It will be interesting to see what that scale says. Actually, I didn't do too terribly bad, but I wasn't hungry too much, neither. Oh well. Have to get back on track (probably Sunday).
Saturday is the work picnic through DH work at an amusement park, so I know I won't be POP then! :0

No time for personals! Hope everyone is doing well.

:welcome2: to all the newbies
& Congrats to all the WL losers!!!

Gamababa3
07-06-2006, 09:38 PM
I’ve gotten so behind on posting that I’m only going to reply to posts today. Sorry to anyone else, but too many days to reply to.

Heather congrats on the 3lb loss especially during a holiday weekend.

Trish congrats on your loss and staying strong knowing you can’t afford the bars right now. Things will get easier.

Heather sorry to hear you don’t have any purple sunshine and your DD isn’t feeling well hope she starts feeling better soon and good for her that she wakes you up to go potty and doesn’t pee her bed. Oh I wanted to share I wore those shorts on Sat and I thought they looked great white legs and all:) Thanks again!

Erin what a great accomplishment to pass on the cake, ice cream etc. Stay strong you will see your 80lbs down.

Evette enjoy the movie and let us know how it was.

Joan sounds like a good menu maybe I’ll copy what you’re having:)

Jcook congrats on being down 3.5 lbs that great. Glad you’re doing so well on the program and working at getting your exercise in.

Juliemarie I’m so proud of you for finishing your marathon. What an accomplishment good for you.

Bre good luck with the Rice diet. I also like your tips.

HeatherC I also have my kids when they were baby’s rice cereal and they were just fine and slept much better.

Marilee glad to hear you made it back from your vacation safe. WOW and even lost weight that’s great:)

Cherrycolor I know it’s hard sometimes to get used to being on plan. Just try better tomorrow. I’m sure you enjoyed that Starbucks coffee cake I know I would have:)

Sherry glad you internet is back up. Good luck with your WI tomorrow.

I had a really busy weekend. No more choir till Sept, but our musical went great. I did well all week till Sat and then went POOP from all the desserts. Sun we went to Great America and I wasn’t too bad given in to an ice cream cone. My old counselor and her hubby, Mom in-law and nephews showed up. It was nice spending some time with them. Mon was a run around day and then Tues another barbecue. My scale was up to 191 AGAIN, I swear I must love that number, but this AM I was back down to 187.2 & tonight 187.6. I think a lot of it was from water gain. I’m going to WI at the COD tomorrow. Well off to run around again, wanted to try and get a chance to say Hi.

Ninacali
07-06-2006, 10:33 PM
Winkie- I have major computer issues at home but will try to send the new plan updates......Looks like they'll be updating their pamphlets soon as the bottom of my sheet says "Several changes have been made to the frozen guide, restaurant guide & sample menu plans, including items that have been disc. or newly introduced."......"Internal use only"
I also didn't know there was an orange plan, it's for teenagers and has hot dogs, Nilla wafers & pancakes.....If I feel immature like a teen can I do orange plan????? lol.....My dh can testify that I throw a fit like a teen and I sometimes play head games with him too!.....

ljackson
07-06-2006, 11:48 PM
Hi Guys! I am back, you probably did not even notice I was gone, ;) lol
We went away for a few days to the beach in Michigan, it was beautiful. I ate way off plan. I have to admit, I have not been sticking to the plan well for a while, basically I think I have been doing my own form of maintenance. Well I had some time to think about things and I need to go back to the way I was when I started back in October. I was so disciplined, and determined to make this work. Now my attitude is that I have all the time in the world and I will just coast for a while and get back to it when I am ready. I am never going to go any further doing it this way. I don't know what to do, do I go back to my COD with my tail between my legs and ask for their help- I am sure they are going to tell me I am out of weeks. Do I try to do this on my own until I get to my goal and then go back? I just need to get back on the right track with the right attitude.:?:

I think I am up 2 pounds, but I will post and change my ticker tomorrow when I have weighed myself in the morning.

Lisa

Ninacali
07-06-2006, 11:51 PM
Here goes.....
I'll first post the changes..... (unless noted the amounts are for all plans)

*Tuna, in a pouch, water packed - 3 oz.
*Soybeans (Edame) boiled w/out shell - Not sure but think it's the same as chickpeas 1 C for Gr, Go & B plans, 2 C for P, R & O plans
*Cabbage, green - 1 C cooked, 2 C raw
*Carrot, medium - 1 carrot
*Celery - 3 ribs
*Cucumber medium - 1/2
*Lettuce, fresh, all types - 3 C
*Spinach - 1 C cooked, 2 C raw
*Squash - the change here was just catorganizing zucchini w/squash)
*Ritz reduced fat crackers - 5
*Saltines, fat-free - 5
*Triscuits - 5
*Yogurt, light, artificially sweetened any flavor - 1 container (6 or 8 oz)
*Carb Cravers - 1 to 2 times per week

Now the additions........
+Chickpeas - 1 C -GR, GO & B plans, 2 C -P, R & Or plans
+Vegeterian Burger Crumbles - 1 1/3 C -Gr, Go & B, 1 2/3 C -P, R & O
+Vegeterian breakfast sausages - 2 links as 1/2 protein (woohoo!)
+Beets, fresh - 1/2 C cooked
+Jicama - 1/2 C raw
+Sauce, tomato or marinara - 1/4 C
+Tomato puree, no salt - 1/4 C
+Persimmon - 2 medium
+Quinoa - 1/3 C cooked
+Coconut shredded- 2 TBSP
+Coconut milk - 2 TBSP
+Baking Powder and soda - 1 tsp
+Broth, very low or low sodium - 1/2 C
+Cornstarch - 1 tsp
+Flour, any type -1 TBSP
+Smart Habits - no explanation on my sheet

HTH!

green0923
07-07-2006, 09:23 AM
Trish, I'm confused. Is what you have listed the portions for 1 serving? For example, does that mean that we now can count 3 cups of lettuce as 1 V instead of 1 cup as 1 V???

PURPLEPIRATE99
07-07-2006, 09:33 AM
Good morning chickies - :flow1: is back and shining bright hopefully. That darn little scale was down some this morning - so that made me smile!!! I think I need to start setting some mini-goals for myself. I just feel like the weight training affects the scale so much!!! Anyway!!!

Trish - Wow - thanks for the update - I appreciate all that typing - trust me I know how long it takes especially with those amounts....- I was definitely happy to see some things on there!!! Hey, ? for you - where did the NiniCali come - it is hard to correlate that name with your real name for some reason (for me)......Hope your having a good day!!!

Skipper - Welcome back from Vacation - so glad you had a good time, enjoyed yourself and some food and WOWOWOW - lost weight too - you go girl - you can't get any better than that!!!

Sherry - Glad the move is officially over and you are on the downhill side of things. Hopefully getting the other few things from the apt won't take long and you can get settled in!!! I know you're excited! Good luck at WI and finding a home for those 5000 boxes!!!

Lisa - Girl, I think we've all been there - I think you just have to be ready - I don't think it is a bad thing to give yourself a break sometimes - step away from the stress of just having to count everything day after day - but while doing that use your knowledge of what you've been doing to eat the right things. I think this is one of the most important lessons in life. You have to take the strict part of the journey and be able to live that - during maintenance and the rest of your life - I hope that sounds right.....If you're only up 2 lbs - you know what - no big deal - most of it could be water and you will lose that - in life people flucuate up to 5 lbs in a week!!!! I got into the same rut for awhile, but mine was due to not really having any scale loss. I had to really concentrate on looking at the positive NSV's that I was getting from the workouts instead of just the scale victories. girl, we are here - you will have that moment when you are ready to get strict again - you are doing great - you look great - so don't fret girl - you will get there!!!!

Barb - I'm so happy to hear that you were able to wear those shorts and be proud girlfriend - you're doing great!!! Glad you will get a break from the choir responsibilities!!! Even though you had the POOP from the desserts - sounds like you had a wonderful time with family and friends at Great America.... Glad that scale is back down for you - Good luck at WI!!!

Hiya Debbie - That other pita pocket with the the chicken is so totally awesome that my DH wanted it again last night for dinner. The only thing that I do different was using Basil pesto instead of the sun dried tomato kind....it was DELISH!!!

Cherry - you know it takes like 21 days to turn something into a habit - give yourself a break - do POP for the rest of the day - try to work what you already had into the food groups and just go from there - don't beat yourself up about it - just hop right back on track!!!

:wave: and Good Morning to Katie - Sommer - BizLA - JulieMarie - Beanie - Deets - Kristi - Trish - Rebeca - Joan - Erin - Bre and anyone else I can't remember - please forgive me it is only 8:30 a.m.

Hey where is Milca?? Where did she go?? gymgurl??? Dairy ( saw her post on another thread)............??????????????????????????????? ?

CandlePrincess
07-07-2006, 09:34 AM
good morning chickies! Well I am planning a huge cookout tonight and I am determined to stay on plan!

Thank for all the baby advice! DFS#2 was up at 5:30 this morning...he went to sleep at 10pm last night...and he had his bottle...about an hour later he was fussy and looking for the bottle so I fixed him some baby oatmeal...(he's tried the rice cereal and hates it!) so he had about 2TLBS oatmeal and some baby juice from a sippy cup! The plan is a bottle when he is hungry later plus some peas! DFS#2 is back to sleep....and DFS#1 is in bed singing the Elmo song! He loves ELMO! So it seems my day is beginning on a good note. I've even had my coffee and LA biscotti! Here's a to POP Friday! I'll try to check in later!

PURPLEPIRATE99
07-07-2006, 09:42 AM
Heather - way to go!! So glad you finally got DFS to eat some food - that is a wonderful accomplishment - I know it made you feel so better!!! Have a great POP day

winkie03
07-07-2006, 09:54 AM
Wow, I posted this then I went back to the threads and you had already posted the changes. ARGGGG.

Winkie- I have major computer issues at home but will try to send the new plan updates......Looks like they'll be updating their pamphlets soon as the bottom of my sheet says "Several changes have been made to the frozen guide, restaurant guide & sample menu plans, including items that have been disc. or newly introduced."......"Internal use only"
I also didn't know there was an orange plan, it's for teenagers and has hot dogs, Nilla wafers & pancakes.....If I feel immature like a teen can I do orange plan????? lol.....My dh can testify that I throw a fit like a teen and I sometimes play head games with him too!.....

Ninacali: Thanks for getting back to me. I was thinking you didn't want to share the new information. Just Kidding!! Thank you for sharing. What a sweetie! I hope that computer of yours gets fixed, but no rush. I can't wait to see the new changes though. :goodvibes

An orange plan? Why can't I be on the orange plan!! That's great for the teens, but I'm jealous. Nilla wafers and pancakes. We'll both be throwing fits!! Take Care!

Repo girl
07-07-2006, 10:23 AM
Morning all! Just got back from another bike ride with my sister. 2 days in a row just about killed, lol. Done with TO, and so happy with it. Totally POP for 2 days. I dropped 7.8 lbs! Of course 6 of them were ones that I gained over the weekend. The other 2 I have gained over the past few weeks and have not been able to toss them. I am FINALLY back to my ticker weight. I am so determined to start the downward on the scale again. I am doing the 4 days after TO plan with slim fasts. I would really like to be down another couple of pounds by Tuesday.

HeatherCP- So glad that the baby is taking some cereal. Hopefully it will make your life a little easier!

Trish- Spanks a ton for the updates! My COD never has updates. The larger veggie portions make a lot more sense to me.

Lisa- I have right there with you for about 6 weeks now, just wasting my time, not really trying very hard. Sorry you have been struggling. I am thinking on a mini goal to get back some motivation.

Barb- How cool that you are able to hang out with your old counselor. Glad that you had a good weekend.

Sommer- How is your finger?

Purple sunshine- Glad that the sun is shining in your world today! Yahooo for the scale moving down. As far as potty training goes, my littlest will keep her bed dry every night for a stick of gum in the morning. Haha, and they say not to bribe your kids....Who ever said that has not had to potty train anyone, or wash the bedding. Did you ever try the apple recipes?

Anybody know how to fix something on your credit report? There is this weird thing on DH's that shows no creditor, no account number, and says that we have owed $172 since 2001. I worked on it all afternoon yesterday, and I have no clue how to fix it, or figure out who it is. We are looking at buying a new car, so I pulled our credit reports to make sure that they are all good and found that.

Have a great POP day everybody!!!

PURPLEPIRATE99
07-07-2006, 10:30 AM
Hiya Katie!!! Hey, no, I didn't try that apple recipe - I was thinking about it earlier though actually - didn't you say - a little butter in a pan, sliced the apples - brown slightly and then add some cinnamon, numeg and splenda? Wow - making my mouth water right now. Last week DH was out of town - so I didn't get a chance -
Wow - 7.8 lbs - who cares where it came from - it is gone - whooooo hoooo for you - that is great girl!!!

isn't the 4 day after TO - the shake in place of P and S?? - I might do the same thing monday and tuesday!!!

Good morning Winki :wave:!!!!

Ninacali
07-07-2006, 10:31 AM
Lisa - Great to have you back, others need to come out & post too! Don't take too much of a break, those pounds slowly start re-appearing and you might find yourself back to the beginning. It takes a lot of will power to stay on program but don't give in to the minor POOP and start fresh.

Erin - Yup that is for 1 serving and the 3 C lettuce wasn't a typo on my part.

Heather CP - great news with the cereal, you'd thind I'd be a pro w/4 kids but once the baby stage hits I get confused of what I did w/whom and if it worked or not, all I know is co-sleeping sucks! (JMHO for me, not knocking on it for those who love it) Karlie was so exhausted from g-ma's that we had another night to ourselves.

Heather - My nieces & nephews call me Nina instead of Tia (hispanic) Nina is more affectionate and is used more for godparents & I live in California =Ninacali. I do have a few friends who now call me Nina since I was intro'd to them that way....that's me and I'm sticking to it.
Evette - Did you read the updates posted?......My computer needs to be replaced, the good ones were taken to our office and I spilled coffee on this laptop awhille a go so the "u" doesn't work (I have to copy & paste) and the "I" "O" "P" "H" & "J" stick & I have to push extra hard and then sometimes it automatically starts typing "u's" and won't stop and I have to restart. grrrrrrrrr.......One of these days I'll have $$ for bars & a computer! lol

Gotta scram, 3rd day in a row that I'm working for my mom (absolutely hate HATE it but the real estate still isn't doing to well and I'm just thankful to have work)

winkie03
07-07-2006, 10:52 AM
Good Morning HeatherPP!!!! How are you doing? Have you done the TO yet?

Katie: Congrats on the 7.8 pound loss!! That's so great, who cares where it came from, at least the suckers are gone!! Right? I'm proud of you girl!

Trish: Sorry I didn't read the updates to the posts on your computer, or maybe I did, but just forgot. Anyhow, Thank you again. Have fun at work!

PURPLEPIRATE99
07-07-2006, 11:01 AM
Trish a.ka. Nina tia - very cute about the explanation -

Hiya Winkie - Good morning - No haven't done the TO yet -planning for Monday and Tuesday - !! Not really looking foward to it at all either!!

Hey, BizLA - Kristi - Sommer - we still on for TO Monday and Tuesday - who am I missing - anyone else joining us TO chickies!!!

PURPLEPIRATE99
07-07-2006, 11:09 AM
Okay chickies - what would you consider this as -

90 cals
6 fat
9 carbs

I was thinking 1/2 Fa and maybe 1/2 carb?? Any ideas on this - it is a reduced sugar creamer that I use for my coffee today??

winkie03
07-07-2006, 11:12 AM
HeatherPP: You can do it, I know you can. Try it out on Monday like you already have planned. I don't know about the reduced sugar creamer....but 90 calories!! Is that per 8oz? tbsp? tsp?

PURPLEPIRATE99
07-07-2006, 11:29 AM
Winkie - that is for 3 TBSP

sznn
07-07-2006, 11:44 AM
Hey Miss Heather PPS

I think I may join you on Mon/Tues for a little TO.
I've been having entirely too many summer cocktails on the patio/extra starches/etc.

I'm going to do the limited with oranges.

-S

winkie03
07-07-2006, 11:44 AM
hmmm. 1/2 fat? imo.

skipper
07-07-2006, 11:45 AM
Mornin' Women - :coffee2:

Heather - I'm in for TO on Monday/Tuesday - I'm not too excited either, but we CAN do it. ANYONE ELSE????!!!! :dancer: How is your DD feeling?? Glad your sun is shining! And I think your trainer is insane - I COULD NOT do that diet!! Are you still thinking about trying it??

Katie - You go girl:bravo: who cares how those few pounds crept on - they are outa here!!

Lisa - I can totally relate to the weird lack of motivation you are experiencing. I think a LOT of us have been there. I agree with Heather; sometimes we get tired of working at this sort of thing, especially if progress is slow. During that period, as long as you stay within healthy habits and don't go crazy I think it's fine. When you are ready to kick back in again, you'll do it. You KNOW we are all here for you:hug: and want you to be happy and successful. Wanna join us for TO on Monday and Tuesday and start fresh??

Barb - Hey lady - good job getting below those nasty 190's again. There is nothing worse than seeing a decade you planned on being gone show up again. Sounds like you had a great time at Great America. That's what summer is for. Skinny shorts too!! You go!! Plans for this weekend?

Sommer - Crabby things have been happening to you!! So sorry!!! How is your finger? It sounded really painful. Are you going to school all summer, or taking a break?? You have such a great attitude, woman. It's such a pick me up when I'm feeling down - thanks for sharing!

Trish - thanks for updates - my COD has said nothing. I'll be curious if they have anything to add when I go in on Monday. 3 cups of lettuce - that's A LOT for someone like me who thinks lettuce tastes like dirt :smug:

Winkie - had to tell you how totally great you look in your new avatar - sorry I'm so late. Gotta love having people call you skinny. I'm REALLY looking forward to that!! I want the orange plan too - hot dogs are their own food group to me! :D

Heather CP - I'm a bit late here, but I'm with all the mom's who said to add a little cereal directly your DFS's bottle. My little hellion was a big boy from the beginning and would be hungry every two hours. At about 3 months, I started putting about 2 TBL of rice cereal directly into his 8 oz. bottle (made the nipple hole a bit bigger like Heather said) and that truly did the trick - all the older moms said to do it even though the pediatrician said don't. (Sometimes I think that passed down info is better than what the professionals have to say. I don't think it tasted any different and it got something into his stomach that would stick. The other thing to do is add some fruit to the cereal - peaches, pineapple, or applesauce. I'd bet $ he'll eat it up then. Loved your feelings about the drink products - I laughed out loud. Gotta say, that's how I feel about the nasty LA Lites soup - YUCK!! Anybody have any ideas for ways to use it as a sauce or something - I have two boxes, 1 of each kind, that I don't know what to do with.

Cherry - don't get down on yourself for having a rough start to your day. Start over RIGHT NOW - and you'll still do great. Getting the hang of this can be a pain, but after awhile it becomes natural (well, Sort of :) ) and you will find yourself saying no to things , paying attention to portions and making better choices. Let me tell you, TRULY, if I can do this so can ANYONE!

Hi to all my other friends, Rebeca, Boo, Deets, JulieMarie (way to RUN!!!), etc...

Anyone heard anything from Aggie??

Have a good day all,
Marilee

winkie03
07-07-2006, 11:49 AM
Marilee: Hey girl, nice to meet you. I love your name, by the way. Doesn't that orange plan sound terrific? Hot dogs!! yummy Hebrew Nationals! We're in-sync there.

juliemarie
07-07-2006, 11:59 AM
Good morning!

Skipper-Oh-I wish I was RUNNING the marathon-but alas, my knees can't take it. Maybe someday-but for now, I'm walking. And this week was just a half-marathon. The big event (Portland Marathon) is in October and my goal is to finish in 8 hours. That would be 2 hours faster than 2 years ago when I did it.

Heather/Skipper/Sznn-I'm in for TO Monday and Tues also.

Katie-WTG! That's awesome! And the bike rides sound fun. I haven't ridden a bike in eons.

Winkie/Marilee-have you tried the veggie hotdogs? I hear that some are pretty good . . .

HeatherPP-sounds like 1 Fat serving to me . . . .

Skipper-the LA chicken soup mixed with about 1/2 the water and then spread over a chicken breast and baked is quite delicious. Did you ever used to put cream of chx condensed soup over chicken? It's like that. I then eat it with brown rice and scoop some of the sauce over the rice and have steamed veggies or something.

oops-gotta go-I'll be back!

PURPLEPIRATE99
07-07-2006, 12:01 PM
Hiya Sznn - Girl I'm with you on the summer cocktails - I would love to have one right now and be out laying beside my pool soaking up that :flow1:.....hmmmm, hopefully this weekend!!! Glad you're joining us for TO !!!

whooo hoooo Skipper - one more for the joyful TO ride - yes, we can do it - but I still dread it - Well, no not really planning on doing that PT diet - just too much for me to swallow ( hahahahah) - DD is kind of feeling better - she has a cold with a terrible congestive sounding cough. The DR on weds said that her lungs and chest sound good - gave us some new allergy meds for her - I guess we will wait and see - we are giving her OTC cold and cough.....

Winki - Thanks for the input - I was kind of thinking the same thing, but wasn't sure if I should take away some starch too?? oh well - we will see what the rest of my day presents.....

So TO list for Monday/Tuesday

ME
SZNN
BIZLA
KRISTI
SOMMER
JULIEMARIE

ANYONE ELSE?? LISA??

springrose
07-07-2006, 12:05 PM
I'm new to this site but I've found it amazingly helpful
I have been a member of la weight loss since Feb. and I love the program, I have been looking at the forums on this site longer than I have been a member I found a post about a la weightloss website, do you know who started that post, I would like more information on the site before I buy. Do you have the website address? My center is “lame” LOL and has no idea what I’m talking about. And do you know what The LA at Home Chef is? Any information would be helpful thanks

Repo girl
07-07-2006, 12:11 PM
Okay, so I am thinking that we should all be meeting in Portland in October to cheer our Julie Marie over the finish line.

green0923
Hello, ladies!

Not much time to post, but good news! I was down 2.6 this week for my WI, so I reached my July 13 goal! And ... am OVER the 80 lb goal!

Now ... my next mini-goal will be 10 more lbs by mid-August (taking a trip home). Won't it be great to be able to tell family/friends that I have lost 90 lbs?????????

Repo girl
Welcome Springrose!

Repo girl
07-07-2006, 12:13 PM
Erin, Erin she's our girl! Goooooooo Erin!!!! Congrats to you chickie. Out of curiousity, since you have lost so much weight, have you noticed much of a change in your blood sugars?

winkie03
07-07-2006, 12:13 PM
Erin: Congrats on the weight loss!! woohoo!! Wow, 80 pounds. What an accomplishment.

Springrose: Welcome to the boards!!

Juliemarie: Party in portland for you!! Marathon = carbo loading!! i agree

juliemarie
07-07-2006, 12:15 PM
Woo Hoo! Party in Portland! October 1st!

Warning: There will be beer after the marathon. And pizza! And I don't care what the COD thinks! (Besides-we're SUPPOSED to eat more before and after!) Quite frankly-I can't wait to tell the COD that I will be carbo-loading the week before. i wonder if their faces will melt off!

psycgirl
07-07-2006, 12:20 PM
Morning all!

Been MIA for a bit. How is everyone?

As for me, DS's birthday party was fabulous! He really enjoyed the cake. Okay...so did I! :o
Anyhow, I learned a good lesson the hard way. I thought I could just take 2 days off plan and be okay. NOT!!!! I gained back over 5 pounds! And, I really did not cheat that much. I think it was because I didn't keep up with my water. I had a few slices of pizza, pieces of cake, real eggs, Golden Corral... :D
Anyhow, it has taken me since Monday to get the scale back to 149...exactly where I was last Friday. *sigh* It was not worth losing a week of progress.

I also got some new really cute pics of my kids, but am not sure how to post them here...anyone know? Heather: I want to join in the proud Mommy vibe you started last week! ;)

Spring Rose: You will find this site so helpful...lots of wise LAWL ladies on here! Welcome!

Heather: wish I could join you for TO, but I'm just not up to it yet. I wish you lots and lots of lost pounds, though! (and don't go looking for them afterwards!)

Juliemarie: Mmmmmm...I should try that chicken soup idea! Thanks!

Lisa & Skipper: Me too on the low motivation thing. I wonder if it is easier for me to stay POP when my day is jam packed...instead of during the summer when I am at home most of the day. Hmmmm...

Evette: When are u doing TO again? Maybe I'll join you! How are you, skinny girl? :hug:

RepoGirl: Sorry to hear about the credit problem...hope you can figure it out! BTW....wish I could be as good as you are about daily exercise! Go girl!

I'll try to do more personals later. Just wanted to pop in and say hi. DS has raging fever and doc is not sure why...may have to take him back in again for more blood work today. He's just not himself, and I hope it's just a viral thing that will pass on its own.

Have a POP day, gals! :p

mrsbeanie
07-07-2006, 12:20 PM
WOOHOOO ERIN!! You Are AMAZING! Congratulations you have to be so proud of yourself!
:carrot: :jig: :bravo: :cp: :hat: :dance: :flame: :cheer: :sunny: :balloons: :cloud9: :high: :woo: :dancer: :flow2: :cb:

green0923
07-07-2006, 12:21 PM
Erin, Erin she's our girl! Goooooooo Erin!!!! Congrats to you chickie. Out of curiousity, since you have lost so much weight, have you noticed much of a change in your blood sugars?

Good question! Absolutely. I am using about a third of the insulin I was using prior to starting the plan.

Thanks for the congrats, ladies!

JulieMarie, I can just see the COD faces melting off as we speak! :fr: HAHAHA (where's Milca when we need her?)

psycgirl
07-07-2006, 12:24 PM
Erin! Yay!!!!! You must feel so great! Congrats, and throw some of that success our way!!

Debbie24
07-07-2006, 12:24 PM
My goodness i cant keep up with you gals at all.

Katie thank you for the recipe and congrats on the 7.8lbs lost! thats great.

HeatherPP thank you also for the other option of basil pesto, i need to go get some of that this weekend so i can try the recipe.

HeatherCP you have 2 babies? How old is the other, i know you have a 7mo old. Thats great that he's drinking from a sippy, i cant even get my 9mo old to hold his bottle. My 2 1/2 yr old was also like that, he didnt hold his own bottle until he was about 8mo. my 9mo old started crawling when he was 5mo and stood up at 7 mo and i just dont know why he wont hold the bottle & he's now getting his 1st tooth.

Ok well i'm going for my 2nd day being POP. i'm determined not to cheat at all, not 1 single little lick of anything not OP. I also need to get back to how i was in the beginning where i was totally OP for over 3mo.

Hope everyone is having a great & POP day.

juliemarie
07-07-2006, 12:26 PM
Erin-you rock! You will totally make your goal the way you're going . . . .I'm hoping to hit the 100 lb mark by September. But it may be tough-the weight loss is slowing down due to all the exercise-but I'm still losing inches. Still-if I really buckle down I should be able to do it!

winkie03
07-07-2006, 12:28 PM
Psycgirl: Sorry about the weight gain, what a bummer, but i'm glad you're back to where you were at. I don't know when I'm doing TO again, girl! I hated it, but if I change my mind I'll let you know. I'm doing good, thanks for asking. The new avatar of your kids is so cute!!! They are adorable. Like their mama.

mrsbeanie
07-07-2006, 12:29 PM
Hey everyone just wanted to let you know I have talked to Carmen (chklithunder) and she is doing good, just taking a little breakie. She promises she will be back soon. She wanted me to give a shout out to you all and say Hello! I told her we miss her around here!

PURPLEPIRATE99
07-07-2006, 12:33 PM
Erin - Wow you go girl - that is soooo totally awesome and there is absolutely no doubt in my mind that you will hit that 90 lbs!!!http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/jumping0002.gifhttp://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/jumping0009.gifhttp://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/jumping0015.gifhttp://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/jumping0022.gifhttp://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/jumping0032.gifhttp://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/jumping0012.gifhttp://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/jumping0050.gif
http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/jumping0003.gif
http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/jumping0004.gifhttp://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/jumping0044.gifhttp://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/jumping0045.gif

Katie - If there is no contact info for that creditor on the report - you might want to try and call the credit bureau that you got the info from - they should have some way to contact them - I sure do hope you get it straight - those credit reports are such a freakin' headache!!!

Debbie - you will love that recipe - The brand I got is Classico - it is soo yummy - had it twice yesterday it was so good. Come on and do TO with us monday and tuesday - just the perfect thing to get back on track!!!

psyc girl - Posting the images is fairly easy. You first need to upload them onto a hosting site - imageshack, shutterfly( this is what I use), snapfish is a few of them. After uploading, get the image, right click and get the properties - copy the link that it shows you - then when posting, click on the little square yellow picture with mountains, it will pop up a box for you to paste the url that you copied. Then the image will show up within the post - good luck and let me know if I can help you - Being a proud mommy is the best eh??

Erin - That is another wonderful NSV to decrease the insulin - wow you are really changing your whole entire body eh?? - you go girl - we are so proud of you!!!

juliemarie
07-07-2006, 12:33 PM
springrose- welcome! i'm not sure I understand your question . . .are you talking about the LA at Home website? If so-I believe you have to sign up through your center and pay a fee (about $100 or something like that). It's only offered through corporate centers though, I believe. So if you go to a franchise, you're out of luck.

stiesta
07-07-2006, 12:58 PM
Hey all,

I'm "Debbie Downer" today...scale won't budge. Doesn't help that I can't seem to make it more than three days in a row POP. Had a heart-to-heart with DH this weekend and vented some of my frustrations at my own lack of will power. This is what I've decided:

When I first signed up for LAWL in November (3 days before Thanksgiving, mind you) I had a bit of a "deadline" in my mind. My Mom was coming to visit in February and she had been losing weight (and not a nice person, mind you) so I didn't want her to look better than me and then hound me about it all week. It was what my DH called a "credible threat." It kept me motivated, whenever I felt like cheating, I thought of my mom rubbing it in how thin she was, and it worked. I lost 22 pounds by the time she visited and loved looking good.

Well, fast forward to now. Credible threat is gone, stress is high, willpower is down. DH said to think of something that I really, really want. I told him what I really want is a tummy tuck. He said we could use his bonus in January and do it, if I want. So that's my new credible threat. I WANT A TUMMY TUCK! But there's no way I'll spend that money if I'm overweight - what would be the point? I did the "girls" a year and a half ago (I know, TMI) and it made a huge difference for me. I think if I could get my weight off, get this saggy bag of skin around my belly removed, that would be pretty great. I am hoping this will help me keep my motivation. I love my DH. So supportive of what I want to do for me. His philosphy is, "If it makes you feel pretty, you should do it, whatever it is." How great is that? (Don't get me wrong, this is the end of my plastic surgery list -- not an obsessive addict or anything! ;) ) but I know there's no other way to remove this bag of skin other than to have it cut off.

Anyway, long story to say that I am recommitting my will power and am doing TO tomorrow and Sunday...I know you gals are doing it Monday & Tuesday, but it's easier for me to do it on the weekends with DH home...I'm less likely to cheat.

Have a good day all, headed to the beach!

dawn78
07-07-2006, 01:03 PM
Heather, I just wanted to point out the basil pesto is higher in calories and fat than the sun-dried tomato pesto. I’m sure you’re only using a small amount, so I don’t know if it will matter. Here’s the break down for the classico pesto, this is for a serving size of 1/4 cup:

Sun-dried tomato Pesto / Basil pesto
Cal. = 90 / 230
Sat. Cal. = 45 / 190
Fat = 5g / 21g
Sat. Fat = 1g / 3g
Sodium = 630mg / 720mg
Carbs = 8g / 6g
Sugar = 5g / 2g
Protein = 3g / 3g

Before LAWL I used the basil all the time, I never even tried the sun-dried tomato but now I really love it!

CandlePrincess
07-07-2006, 01:31 PM
Debbie: I have a two yes..the 7 month old and an 19 month old. It's such fun around here!!! LOL I'm exhausted most of the time but I'm loving every second of it. We will find out on Aug 9th if we get to adopt the 19 month old.

A funny story about the baby! This morning we did the oatmeal thing followed by the sippy cup. So he went down for his morning nap and got up and was hungry. So I was going to do about 3 Tablespoons of peas, like the books all say, and he ate that and wanted more...so I fed him more...He ended up eating the whole container of peas and so i figured he would follow the peas with a bit of formula...and when I gave him the bottle he just screamed bloody murder about it. So after trying a second time I told my mom (visiting from AZ) to get his sippy cup....and as soon as DFS#2 saw that he just stopped crying and took the cup and drank his juice. I was laughing so hard. I couldn't get this child near baby food and now he wants the juice and the food! Kids are so funny! Now the whole time DFS#2 was eating his peas DFS#1 wouldn't sit still until he had some peas too....He's soooo jealous! LOL

PURPLEPIRATE99
07-07-2006, 03:01 PM
Christie - Wow - sounds like you have it all planned out!! Sounds like you have a very supportive DH - I do to - he is very willing to do anything to make sure I'm happy about myself. I think alot of times it takes something like that to keep us on track and constantly remind us of what we really want!! Good luck girl - we can all do this - Hopefully TO will go good for you this weekend!!!

Dawn - Well thank you for ruining my day - ;) just kidding chickie - I'm glad you pointed it out - I will have to keep looking for the SDT basil . I used it twice yesterday - and after calculating it out on fitday - I had a total of 55 cals and 5 grams of fat, 1 carb and 1 protein - so hopefully that won't be too bad as long as I use it once a day.....at least until I can find the other. Thanks - Hope your feeling good and that little baby is growing healthy!!!

Kristi - Sorry I put you on the list - I was thinking you were doing it with us - I must be missing someone - I'm sure they will show up??? Wow - I sure hope you have a great time. I forgot you leave on Sunday - Wow girl - pizza and cinn sticks - stay away and wait to enjoy a few things on vacation -

heathercp - too funny about the baby - funny how quickly they get addicted to the good stuff eh?

psycgirl
07-07-2006, 03:24 PM
Hey Gals!

Heather: Thanks for the info...here goes! Hope this works.
Evette: Thanks for the compliments!

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b6d926b3127cce8ae20da8f6d900000010100QbOWTFo2ZMS

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b6d926b3127cce8ae20d94f6e500000010100QbOWTFo2ZMS

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b6d926b3127cce8ae20d9cf6ed00000010100QbOWTFo2ZMS

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b6d926b3127cce8ae20d9af6eb00000010100QbOWTFo2ZMS

These are my cuties...these pics were taken this past Saturday. I hope the images aren't too big. This was my first go at Shutterfly! :D

My DD is 2 (3 in September), and DS turned 1 last Thursday! Thanks for letting me brag a li'l! ;)

Mom_of_3_Monsters
07-07-2006, 03:48 PM
psycgirl - Your kids are adorable !

Heather CP - Happy to her that DFS #2 is enjoying his food ! ;)

Christie - your DH sounds wonderful !! I have the same problem -- I had 2 kids 17 months apart and each was over 10 lbs -- and I am only 5"3 :o I have a baby trophy ! LOL

PURPLEPIRATE99
07-07-2006, 04:06 PM
pyscgirl - Oh they are absolutely adorable - I can tell why you are so proud - you brag all you want girl - it is a momma's priority!!!! They are just precious!!!

Repo girl
07-07-2006, 04:38 PM
Darling kids pyscgirl!

dawn78
07-07-2006, 04:45 PM
Heather – I didn’t think it would be enough to make that much of a difference. I just noticed that the formatting of the two columns were all messed up, but I think you figured it out, one column was for the Sun-dried and the other was for the basil pesto. I just edited it so hopefully it makes sense now.

Psycgirl – you have adorable kids!

Repo girl
07-07-2006, 04:46 PM
Hey, just in case this helps anyone, I went to annualcreditreport.com and got free copies of me and DH's reports. They had the contact info for that bill that was reporting negatively. I was able to call the place, turns out it was their mistake, the bill was paid off in 2003, and they said that they would have it deleted from DH's credit immediately. It still takes 30-60 days to see it gone, but still, I am so glad that I was able to clear it up.

Debbie24
07-07-2006, 04:55 PM
HeatherPP i hate TO so much and since i found lemon water for getting rid of excess water i hate TO even more but i'll definately think about it and let you know tomorrow.

HeatherCP that is too funny, good luck in August with the other baby. My 2 1/2 year old loves peas and carrots and corn. Whenever i do fried rice with mixed veggies all he does is eat the mixed veggies and even picks them out of my plate. I can just stir fry mixed veggies for him and he would be happy. My 9mo old is finally starting to teeth and a bit cranky (1 see 2 top & 2 bottom coming, poor child). he woke up 5 times last night, when he usually sleeps thru. oh an i ask with DFS means? I'm so lost with that 1.

Katie i forgot to mention before how funny it was that you bribe your baby to not wet her bed, how old is she? I wish i can get my DS to potty train but i can tell he's just not ready yet. I'm going to give him a little more time, he doest take bribes yet either.

psycgirl they are so adorable. I love the 1st pic.

winkie03
07-07-2006, 04:56 PM
psycgirl: awwwww, the kiddie's are so adorable.

katie: glad to hear that the credit report was fixed and everything is aok.

heatherPP: look.... i just had to copy you and do my name with glittermaker also. :-)

PURPLEPIRATE99
07-07-2006, 05:00 PM
Thanks Dawn - yea, I figured it out!!!

Evette - Love the new glitter name!!!

psycgirl
07-07-2006, 05:23 PM
Hey gals!

Thanks for all the wonderful compliments on my kiddoes. I'm so glad I was able to share those pics with you!

RepoGirl: Glad to hear it worked out...I should check out that link!

Evette: Kewl new signature! I hated the limited TO too. not enough food for me. On the unlimited, I eat ALL DAY LONG... :)

Debbie: I bribed my DD for potty training too...I used lollipops! :carrot: Now, if I can just figure out how to get her out of nighttime pullups... :D

Heather: Yah...I must admit that I am one of those mothers who carries a purse full of pics everywhere I go! Last week, I even showed them to the insurance lady while she renewed my policy! ;) She started it by showing me hers, so you know I had to reciprocate!

Gonna go watch Dumbo with DD...DS and DH at doctor again. Fever down but Josiah is still really fussy and I just want him checked. Ya know, my kids seem to know how to get sick over the weekends when the office is closed! Prayerfully, there will be a good report when DH gets home.

Repo girl
07-07-2006, 08:29 PM
Debbie- My baby is 3. We potty trained her over a year ago, and she does fine during the day, but has trouble at night. I bought pullups for her for bedtime for quite a while, but she has gotten lazy, peeing in them when she could use the potty. We ran out a couple of weeks ago at which time I told her that she can have gum if she stays dry at night. Works like a charm! No more pullups!

Psycgirl- Hope your little boy gets to feeling better!

Repo girl
07-07-2006, 08:29 PM
Beanie- Good to hear about Carmen, I have been wondering about her.

stiesta
07-07-2006, 08:45 PM
Psyc, your kids are ADORABLE!! :)

ljackson
07-07-2006, 10:48 PM
Hi Guys- I am sitting in Panera right now using my laptop, our internet connection went out for some reason this am and I have been going crazy with not being able to get online. They said they can not come out until next wed. to fix it. I don't know what I am going to do. I need this site to get me back on track.

Thanks you guys for the replies- it sounds like quite a few of us are hanging on by our fingernails right now. I have to think about joining you guys for TO next week, I have done it twice in the past month and I don't know if it is wise to keep doing it, especially since I have not been doing good other than when I did the TO, then I fall off the wagon.

Hate to cut it short but I promised to let my DD use the computer here too (she is as bad as me with the internet these days!)and I have spent so much time reading all the posts that she is getting restless. Hopefully our connection will come back or I will have to come here tomorrow and check in.

Lisa

Gamababa3
07-08-2006, 12:09 AM
Thanks Heather I’m glad to have the break also, just too much all at once. Yes the shorts looked cute and I even tucked my top in:) Glad you’re feeling better and you have sunshine again. A BIG congrats on the scale moving some. I agree mini goals might help and keep you encouraged.

Katie that’s excellent you lost a HUDGE 7.8 lbs. You’re doing great good luck with the 4 day plan you’re going to try.

Marilee good luck with TO I’m sure you’ll do fine. Not really any plans for this weekend. Cleaning the house in the morning I’m having a candle party next Sat. Picking up my other 2 grand kids and will probably take them to Chuckie Cheese and then they will spend the night with my other DGD tomorrow evening. How about you?

Well I went and weighed this evening and have lost 2.2 lbs from the last time I weighed in. It’s sure different going there now. She didn’t even look in my log she was nice, but not the same. I miss my old counselor:( I’m going to continue trying hard. I have a friends 50th b-day party I’m going to the end of July and the last time they seen me I was at 192. Would be great if I could get to 180 by then.

Hope you all have a great POP weekend.

Tomkyn
07-08-2006, 08:35 AM
Wow thanks everyone for your kind words! I'm doing better, much better. I've been pretty busy this week, tons of homework and I decided to rearrange our living room on thursday and that was nice. It feels so clean and spacious now. I had to go back and read like 6 pages, so I'm not going to do personals but just to say congratulations all you big losers! You're my heroes!

My finger is doing better, still sore. My car is doing less well. I took it in on friday to have the mirror replaced but the place they ordered the mirror from sent the wrong mirror so now I have to wait until tuesday. Grrr.

I gained about 2 lbs over the weekend. But by thursday they were completely gone plus some. This morning I weighed in at the same weight so the lbs really are gone. That makes me happy.

A friend of mine has decided to start doing LAWL. She's doing it on her owen and I'm trying to convince her to join the boards here. She's starting on monday, I hope it goes well for her.

I have an Astronomy test and a Women's Studies test on monday to study for. The work of a college student is never done!

Tomkyn
07-08-2006, 08:43 AM
Oh last night I made this yummy dish...I marinated stir fry cut beef in red wine vinager (just a little bit) and lots of spices for about 4 hours. Then in a hot bag I added the meat, green pepper, red onion, brussel sprouts, grape cherry tomatoes, and asparagus. I mixed it all up with a few spices and yum yum!!!! It was so good and the meat was so moist. I had to be very careful or else I'd have eaten way more than 2V !!!!

dolphn545
07-08-2006, 08:48 AM
Good Morning Everybody! :wave:

No time for personals again. I'm too far behind in my reading...

I have everything out of my apartment except my hanging clothes. I will pick those up Sunday when I go back to finish vacuuming & washing the floors. Then I will be completely DONE -- except for the unpacking and finding storage space. :?:
Either way, it feels good to be in my OWN place. :D
This has been a very exhausting week, and I'm glad it's over with!

Went to WI yesterday. Up 1.2 lbs. I wasn't surprised. I didn't eat any veggies or fruit all week. It was more grab as I go, and a couple of the days I barely ate anything.
Sunday I will try harder, and I may consider joining you ladies for TO on Monday & Tuesday.

Today we are going to Knoebel's Amusement Park for DH work picnic. That should be fun. They give out prizes for the employees, and he's hoping to win a flat screen TV for our basement (HIS room).

psycgirl - your kids are adorable!!

Lisa - I know what it was like with no internet. I had to go from Sunday until Thursday because of the move, and the soonest the cable guy could come out to connect me. :eek: I was going crazy! I have said it before, and I'll say it again. I AM ADDICTED TO THIS SITE!

:dance: :dancer: :dance: :carrot: A great big HAPPY DANCE to all the WL losers!!

Well, hope everyone has a great POP day!! :cheers:

psycgirl
07-08-2006, 10:40 AM
Good morning skinny ladies! :wave:

Thanks again for all the warm fuzzies about my kiddies. I just adore them!
DS is much better. His fever finally broke yesterday and the doc said he had the Adenovirus and said he should be much better by Monday. Thank God! I love when my babies are so needy and clingy but my heart hurts for them when they are sick, KWIM??

As for me, I am having a fabulous morning! After today, all of my dissertation data will be entered and I can begin analysis and write up!!! Yay!! :carrot: :carrot: (Any stat geniuses out there?!?!?!) I have almost 350 cases, and the packets are so long that it takes an hour to enter 7 of them. So, this has taken forever! :D

AND...the scale read 148 this morning! :cb: :cb: :cb: :dance: :dance::dance:
Let's hope it sticks. Late on my grocery store run, so I had to fudge yesterday and ended up eating PB for my protein, which I never do. Maybe the higher calories and fat helped! :dancer: Won't change my ticker until I get the same weight tomorrow morning!

Going to MIL's today. Like I said, she usually cooks on the weekends, so willpower dust would be appreciated! :goodvibes

Sommer: wow, that dish sounds great. We don't eat red meat or pork...do you think it would be as good with chicken? Hope the finger heals quickly...and your car! :D

Lisa: Glad you checked in with us, but HOW CAN YOU SIT IN PANERA AND NOT CHEAT?!?!?! Man oh man...that is one of my favorite places. I love their pumpkin muffins...mmmmm....and ceasar salad....mmmmm....losing focus!

Gama: Congrats on the loss! :cheer: I am sure you will look fabulous for your upcoming debut!

Katie: WTG on your loss too! You are my hero of the week! :flow2: :flow2:

Will check in later...wishing everyone a POP day!

Tomkyn
07-08-2006, 11:02 AM
PsycGirl- We don't eat much red meat either but for some reason I was hungry for some last night and I never ever eat pork, a hangup from my vegetarian days I guess. I would think it would work just as well with chicken. I don't remember off the top of my head how much red wine finegar I used ti marinate with, but I added fresh garlic, basil, parsley, cilantro, garlic powder and mustard powder. I love spices and kind of add till I like the way it looks or smells. I know, that's weird. I also boiled my brussell sprouts ahead of time and rinsed in cold water. THis diet and me get along pretty well because as long as I don't use salt, I can shake my paprika and cayanne pepper to my hearts content.

Debbie24
07-08-2006, 01:20 PM
Hi everyone, hope you all are having a POP day.

I WI today and lost 2oz. Expecting TOM but its kinda late, might be all the exercise. That happen to anyone else? I really need to do lemon water but i wanted to wait until after TOM i'm suprised i'm saying this but i wish it would come already.

Katie i bought pull ups so i can start training my DS and he wore them 1 time and as soon as he did #1 in them he wanted to change and never wanted to wear them again, he cried as soon as he saw me getting them so we went back to regular pampers. I told DH that we just need to get rid of all the pampers and then he would have no choice.

Have a great day everyone!

winkie03
07-08-2006, 01:43 PM
Debbie: I was just going to post the same thing about TOM. I'm 3 days late and I don't know why. I just want it to come already!! My weight has been the same, no change...so what gives?

winkie03
07-08-2006, 02:01 PM
Never mind Debbie24: My visitor just got here and now I want it gone!! haha!!

Debbie24
07-08-2006, 02:54 PM
LOL thats funny, now i'm still waiting. I'm sure once it gets here i will want it to leave quickly. I hate visitors!!!

hkychik
07-08-2006, 05:24 PM
Hey ya'll! What a bunch of chattie cathies we have here! There is no way I'll ever be able to catch up with all the news. Did I miss anything big?

We had a wonderful time camping on the Oregon coast - note to self.... when it is 100 degrees at home, it is NOT that hot on the coast - pack more long pants and sweatshirts!

I discovered that the lifestyle change hasn't stuck yet - it was way easy to go back to my old way of eating - carbs are not my friends. When I stepped on the scale last night after we got home, it was up 4 pounds. Today it was back down to where it belonged (mostly), but ohhhhhhh I am hungry and still lots of leftover cookies and licorice laying around. I may do TO this week, just to curb the carb cravings!

Welcome to all the new faces, and congrats to all that have lost - even a little! Everyone else, hang in there - we can do this!

bizlawchik
07-08-2006, 05:31 PM
Hi, Lori!

A bunch of us are joining Heather for TO on Monday and Tuesday. You're more than welcome to join the misery!

Debbie24
07-08-2006, 07:05 PM
I was considering joining you guys on monday & tuesday but still expecting TOM. Is it ok to do TO during TOM??

bizlawchik
07-08-2006, 07:35 PM
Why not? As long as you can get past whatever cravings you have. Just think, you'll get a loss from TO, and then another loss after TOM leaves! It's like doubling your money!

ljackson
07-08-2006, 07:57 PM
Psygirl- I did not say I wasn't cheating at Panera last night- I am embarrassed to say I was eating a cobblestone muffin as I was reading posts last night. It was not even that good-kinda stale- but i ate the whole thing anyways. I was eating out of fustration and comming off carbs from vacation I just needed it.

I am happy to say I have my internet back.:carrot: My husband called the cable company this morning and raised ****- the benefits of being married to a public relations guy- I can't win a fight with him, but when I need him to, he can get the job done. I think he was just sick of hearing me and the kids whine about no computer.

Well so far today I have been POP- I have not done that in a long time- I also started writing what I eat in my book again. And tomorrow I hope to get back on the treadmill- I have not worked out in at least 2 weeks. I hope with all of that I will be back at my ticker weight in a few days.

Question about Boca burgers- Do you count 1 or 2 as a protein on gold- my book says only 1 but they are only 90 calories a piece- that does not seem like enough. I had 2 for lunch today.

Well off to go find something OP for dinner- the family is having brats on the grill and they smell so good- I don't think they are on plan though.

Boo'sMom
07-08-2006, 09:14 PM
I'm with Lori--too many personals to even try to catch up--sorry. I have been staying up with the reading and am glad to hear things are well with everyone--those of us hanging my a thread (Lisa!) we can do this.

I have made myself miserable this past week and can only blame myself. I have zero control at my mom's house! UGH.

Today, my little one and I came home (yeah--loved the get-a-way--but LOVE being at MY house!) Anyway--I was POP all day and haven't come close to getting everything in but tomorrow I will be back on track--I would like to at least start the school year where I left off--certainly no heavier! Haven't weighed--tomorrow AM--couldn't bear the results right now.

I will stay caught up from here on out--I miss the personals but it's been too crazy.

ljackson
07-08-2006, 09:21 PM
Welcome back Lea ann- this week looks like a week for many of us to get back on track and re- committed to why we are here.

I ended up having a brat- I am going to count it as my protein and fat- I think that should be ok just this one time.

It is always so quiet here on the weekends, but that is when I have the most free time to be on here.

Boo'sMom
07-08-2006, 09:26 PM
Lisa--when school starts most of my 3FC time will be evenings and weekends. I took the PE/ISS Aide job--a whopping 2/3rds cut in pay but I have to get my foot in the door--UGH. I am actually looking forward to the job itself--maybe the half day of PE will motivate me to exercise!! Let's work together to get back on (and STAY on) track--we've come so far--who would've thought summer would be soooo hard? I need the structure of work.

Hope you are having a great weekend--so glad you got your internet back--I would be lost without it! So glad my Mom got DSL before my last trip home--the dial up was killing me--LOL.

ljackson
07-08-2006, 09:43 PM
Lea ann- that is good you got a permanent position- you are right, it gets your foot in the door which it seems to me, the way school politics work, it is the way to go. My sister is a teacher. What is an ISS aide?

I know- I thought summer would be so easy, but it is just the opposite. I seem to do better when I am on my own, then when the kids and others are home or around. Let's get back on track this week- you are right, we have come so far, we can't stop now. I started the summer feeling so good about myself and how my clothes were fitting, I was not embarrassed anymore at the pool. Now I feel like I am slipping back and I don't like it.

Are you home now for a while, or do you have more trips planned?

Boo'sMom
07-08-2006, 11:12 PM
ISS is In School Suspension (they call it "responsibility room" at the intermediate school (5&6 grade) after teaching 10-12 graders how bad can these "bad" kids be?? I will be in ISS in the morning and PE in the afternoon so I "have" to wear gym clothes everyday--awww shucks. Plus, I won't always have kids in ISS (and some are only sent for an hour or so) so I will be kind of floating, too--which is nice b/c I hate being bored so I will get to do some other stuff--as needed (running reports, etc). This is a small town but with a great college and great school system so teachers are PLENTIFUL and I get the feeling everyone "pays their dues" at some point so I figure this is an easy way to do it. It's a new position so I have no shoes to fill and they are being incredibly be nice about doing my own thing. They even seem optimistic about there being a classroom opening next year so I am just going to enjoy the NO lesson plans, NO parents, NO grading, time!! I won't know what to do with myself without a huge bag of papers to grade every night.

I am HOME for the rest of the summer! My folks are bringing my oldest next month and are staying for a week to watch the girls while I do all the inservice stuff--really helps. We had already planned for them to come--we have a big outdoor musical down in Palo Duro Canyon--a really neat show that the folks have always wanted to see and now that we live here it works out perfect.

cherrycolor
07-09-2006, 10:13 AM
Yum! I just found a great new food at the store. Well, I am not sure how "new" it is but it's new to me. Smuckers makes an amazing sugarfree sweetened with Splenda Strawberry Preserve. It's awesome on a rice cake with fat free cream cheese and also very filling and you get two free foods out of it. I saw that I had some fellow splenda heads on here. I am allergic to nutra sweet and sweet and low so I am thrilled they are starting to use this product in so much now......

Rios426
07-09-2006, 10:19 AM
Hello:wave:

Can someone please tell me what TO consists of & where I can buy the juice? I'm not joining(too expensive) but with this website I feel I can do it on my own. I have 2 plans, purple & blue. I was a member back in 2001. I have to lose 45 lbs.

Thanks for your help.

Es

Tomkyn
07-09-2006, 10:37 AM
Cherry- Splenda is great isn't it? Every once in a while I get a craving for turkey meatloaf, one of my favorite foods. I can make it almost perfectly on plan, but I love the ketchup glace on top of meatloaf. So I've managed to make something pretty close using Splenda's new Brownsugar and just a little bit of ketchup and some lemon juice. Thank god for splenda or else my craving would never be fulfilled.

Tomkyn
07-09-2006, 11:02 AM
I haven't done TO since I started the program and I was just curious, what are some things you guys eat with success on TO? I'm going grocery shopping tonight and I thought I might try to gather some ideas together before I go. What do your daily menus tend to look like on TO? When I started LAWL I think I ate pretty much turkey taco salads for two days. Not sure I can do that again without never wanting to eat turkey again.

cherrycolor
07-09-2006, 11:17 AM
Cherry- Splenda is great isn't it? Every once in a while I get a craving for turkey meatloaf, one of my favorite foods. I can make it almost perfectly on plan, but I love the ketchup glace on top of meatloaf. So I've managed to make something pretty close using Splenda's new Brownsugar and just a little bit of ketchup and some lemon juice. Thank god for splenda or else my craving would never be fulfilled.
Ketchup on top of meeatloaf is a must!! But totally, I drink a lot of coffee and I think over the last few years I have cut about a million calories out of diet using splenda. I am thinking about trying to make a sub pineapple upside down cake with some of the new brown sugar splenda you mentioned. Love love love brown sugar!! I'll let you all know if I succeed!!

Boo'sMom
07-09-2006, 11:36 AM
The Splenda brown sugar is GREAT on sauteed apples--makes a great sauce and feels/tastes like a real cheat treat! I sautee my apple in butter Pam or some I Can't Believe it's Not Butter, then add S. brown sugar and cinnamon and let process down, then top with SF cool whip. YUM

TO--you can sub the Knudsen'sMorning Blend for the LAWL juice. I like the unlimited so you get all the raw green veggies and protein you want. I stick to light proteins--chicken, turkey, seafood. I've never been that successful so I've only done it once since starting in December--that was more to get rid of cravings and gain back my willpower. You can also use fruits instead of the juice but someone else will have to fill you in on that one.

Tomkyn
07-09-2006, 12:14 PM
I like the Knudsen's Morning Blend, that's what I did when I started my plan. I also like the unlimited. I'm just out of ideas for what to make. I was very successful the first time I did this, but I'm not sure if I'll continue the success the second time. We'll see. The holiday at the same time as TOM sort of threw me off my game and I feel more bloated than usual. I figured the TO will at least get me back in control. I've also had a weird craving for sweets, like cookies and things. I didn't crave those things even before I dieted. I'm not really a snack craver. I'm a total condiment and sauce craver.

Boo'sMom
07-09-2006, 01:07 PM
I am "owning" my weight gain--no more ticker denial! Hope it doesn't last too long. POP day 2 so far--I was POP the week my sister visited then POOP this entire past week--back on track--you with me Lisa??

Sommer--TO definitely helps with the cravings--I've never lost a lot of weight with it but others certainly have. We had eggs, chicken, tuna, and shrimp this last go around. I could eat shrimp all day and even though it's high in fat it's so much better than other choices I could make!

ljackson
07-09-2006, 01:34 PM
Ok Lea ann- I just changed my ticker again- we are at the exact same place!
I was perfectly POP yesterday and I am down 2.5 pounds in one day. It is funny when I loose I am more able to stay POP, when I have not or gained I have such a hard time being good.

ISS sounds scary to me- I would not be good at that- I know I would be laughing at their remarks and then I would loose their respect and they would not listen to me.

Sommer- Have you posted your meatloaf recipie yet? My family loves meatloaf. I always have a hard time looking for old posts on the recipie thread.

I love the splenda brown sugar too- I use it on oatmeal with 1/2 a bannana and lots of cinnamon- it tastes like such a cheat.

Well off to a baseball game- it is our last week YEAH!

Boo'sMom
07-09-2006, 02:21 PM
Lisa--WTG on the 2.5 lbs!! Maybe we can both get into the 150's SOON!--I really do feel better when I am good. Not that the good food at mom's didn't taste great but between the guilt and the belly ache I don't think it was worth it. My stomach has done weird things the past 2 days trying to get back in proper order! Enjoy your last week of baseball--I know by the end everyone is so ready for it to be over! ISS will be interesting because I am not used to being the "tough guy" but it will be necessary--still, they are just babies to me at that age--after senior pranks this shouldn't be too tough--maybe just comical after what I am accustomed to.

I REALLY missed having cereal for breakfast so got some Kashi and the Fiber One to mix in--I am hoping it gets me in better digestive shape--KWIM?

HeatherPP (and anyone else interested)--I finally got brave and tried the 8th Continent Light Vanilla Soy milk--I don't even like milk--but this was really good. I was prepared to toss it if needed (at $2.56 I'm sure I've wasted more) anyway it was so much better than I anticipated. I like that it's a little sweet so I didn't have to add anything to my cereal and I think it will be great as my morning coffee creamer and evening tea sweetener--we'll see.

hkychik
07-09-2006, 03:24 PM
I tried the 8th continent chocolate soy milk awhile back, after someone was talking about it. I thought it was OK, but a little sour after-taste - I think I pitched about half of it... I may have to give the vanilla a shot.

What do all you nutritional know-it-alls:) think about subbing regular milk for soy milk as a protien? What's the difference between soy protien and milk protien? They are nearly identical, nutrition wise...

Lea Ann - congrats on the job - what a cake way to put in your time and get your foot in the door!

Sherry - how's the moving coming? Getting those boxes unpacked? YUCK! I have boxes from 2.5 years ago that I haven't opened yet. Must really need that stuff, huh! A long time ago, I found some boxes at my mom's house that had stickers on them from 3 different movers (Dad worked the oilfields) and had never been opened. I found an old Kodak 110 camera in one box, with film still in it. We found a place that still developed that kind of film and found some pictures from my 12th birthday party. Must have been really important to get those developed!:D

Boo'sMom
07-09-2006, 03:53 PM
Lori--good to know about the chocolate--ick. The vanilla was good but I've only had it in cereal so far. I understand about the boxes--we've been here almost a year and still have some in the garage. How neat to have come across the photos though.

I will be unpacking for days!! Too many trips too close together so I am really playing catch up. Between the packing and all the school clothes and supplies that need to be put away my week isn't looking so relaxing. I only have 1 kid for another month so I really can't complain and the peace (ie-NO fighting) should really be nice.

dolphn545
07-09-2006, 07:24 PM
Hi Everybody! :wave:

I will be joining everyone for TO on Monday & Tuesday. I made an appt. for Wed at the COD, so hopefully I can lose a couple lbs by then.

Lea Ann - I don't know how your district runs, but when my kids got sent to ISS, it was for little things. I used to argue with the ISS teacher because my older daughter NEEDS to be in class, and I think that she would talk back and get sent to the ISS room JUST to get out of class and have the individual one on one time with the teacher in there!
When do the kids go back to school?

Lori - I didn't get a whole lot of unpacking done yet. The stuff I have left I have to go through each and every box and weed out what's not necessary to keep. I hate to throw anything away!

Well, just wanted to pop in and say HI. Hope everyone has a great evening!

Boo'sMom
07-09-2006, 08:04 PM
Sherry--I'm not sure how it's going to be run yet, either. I just know I will work closely with the assistant principal to get it going smoothly. I know my teaching experience was a bonus b/c now they know that the kids will still get the instruction they need to complete assignments sent to ISS--that was the part I always hated about students missing my class because of ISS--they missed the lesson and some things you just can't "reteach" individually when they return. Our kids start back August 16th--mine are already excited--I guess the school shopping got them going. I am looking forward to being around people again! But most excited about the half day of PE--I just hope it motivates me some to MOVE--geez--I'll already be dressed for it!!

Good luck with TO and your WI--I need to go in soon but with the gain from this past week I don't want to face them. I'll probably go Weds., too--tomorrow is committed to errands and Tuesday for some MAJOR housecleaning and painting the girls bathroom--(the texture guy just finished up today)--the dust bunnies have taken over--have I mentioned the non stop wind of the Texas panhandle??

CandlePrincess
07-09-2006, 10:51 PM
Well it's been a busy weekend around here! My mom is in town visiting and we seem to have been going non stop! I was off plan on Sat and Sun....so back on the wagon again tomorrow. I am actually doing take off with either watermelon, cantaloupe or oranges tomorrow and tuesday. I am planning on going to a new center this week to check it out, and I want to show a loss...besides I want to get into those 260's and beat this thing I keep doing. It seems I get around 269 and then go off plan and back up. I am sure it's all in my head about the numbers etc....so the plan this week is to beat this mental thing and get down into the 260's.

just a quick update...the baby food curse seems to be broken. DFS#2 can't seem to get enough of it. But I have learned that he is doing better eating the stage 2 food instead of the stage 1. So stage 2 it is....and we are making our way to the land of solid food! WHOOOOO HOOOO! It may seem silly to be proud of such a thing...but I am thrilled!

I will try and check back tomorrow...anyone else doing take off??? Later chickies!

Debbie24
07-09-2006, 11:48 PM
HeatherCP thats great that your son loves the food. Being excited about him eating solids is nothing. I get excited when my kids poop. LOL. When my 1st son was little and i worked i called home everyday to make sure he pooped and when he did i was so happy. I'm not weird!!

dolphn545
07-10-2006, 08:09 AM
Good Morning everyone! :wave:

Lea Ann - I can't wait for the kids to start back to school!! Summer is toooooo long! I don't know exactly when these guys go back yet. I have calls in to the district to at least get them registered. But of course they are on skeleton staff for the summer, and I have to wait for call backs.

HeatherCP - I am attempting TO today. I'm doing it with watermelon this time. I know a few other ladies posted that they will be doing TO today & tomorrow, so we will not be alone in our misery ...

Hope everyone has a great POP day today!!

green0923
07-10-2006, 09:16 AM
Good morning, ladies! Busy weekend!

I have never tried the brown sugar splenda ... I'll have to do that! I don't add sweetener really to anything (don't drink coffee, like my tea unsweet, and I don't bake), but I could definitely add it to my plain oatmeal every morning!

Cherry, I tried the Smuckers Splenda Raspberry. It is okay, not my favorite. But I am making my way through the jar just fine. I'll have to go for the strawberry next time!

As for me, had a good weekend. Friday at our Mexican eat-in, I was not great. My first splurge I would say. I saved up my portions -- just had a nectarine for breakfast. For lunch, I had:
* ground chicken taco salad (I made it, so it was OP) (counted as 1/2 P, 2 V)
* 5-6 tortilla chips (with "lite" cheese dip) (counted as 1 S, 1 D)
* 1/2 chicken enchilada (6" tortillas) (counted as 1 S, 1/2 P, 1/2 Fa)
* 1/2 beef enchilada (6" tortillas) (counted as 1 S, 1/2 P, 1/2 Fa)
* 1 bite "tomale pie" (didn't count)

So ... for lunch ... 3 S, 1-1/2 P, 2 V, 1 D, 1 Fa (and that was being generous with myself!)

Needless to say, I was STUFFED for the rest of the day. I had to force myself to eat dinner (1 P, 2 V, 1 F), and skipped the other fruit. I walked 2 miles in the evening.

The good news was that the scale only showed +.4 the next morning (assuming from the sodium).

But can I tell you, it was DIVINE!!!!!!!

PURPLEPIRATE99
07-10-2006, 09:19 AM
Good morning chickies!!!

Before I have time to do personals(but I will) - I need to ask a very important question. I decided to try the red plan w/o lites last week - due to my very dear friend and chickie's advice....Katie!!! Well I know it was TOM and I was having some pretty heavy water weight , but I have lost 6 lbs since Thursday - What should I do - just keep doing POP on red w/o lites or should I still try to do TO today?? I haven't eaten anything yet - b/c I wanted you guys advice first -

Please help - any advice on what I should do?? !!!!

Rios426
07-10-2006, 09:19 AM
Where can I pick up the juice for TO?

Debbie24
07-10-2006, 09:37 AM
Good morning all.

HeatherPP do takeoff if you feel you need to get rid of any cravings, i guess thats my only advice but with you losing so much during the past few days i'm not sure TO will have a big impact except for the cravings. If you still feel like you have water then just do lemon water for that. Goodluck

I wanted to join you gals for TO today but i'm already going to be miserable from TOM which started today finally and not eating would make me even more of a B if you know what i mean. I think i'll give hubby a break and only be a partial B today. Goodluck to all you gals doing TO and definately count me in next time.

I was totally of plan yesterday, did not eat all of my servings and ate some things i shouldnt have like cake and chocolates and cookies (how come all those bad things all begin with C??). I made a cake yesterday and could not resist, it was cherry chip, 1st time doing that. I started the cake early, i was so busy with it all day that i didnt rememer to eat or even have the time. When i get started on cakes its like nothing else matters. Well today is a new day and i cant exercise but i will definately be POP today. Need to get myself some lemon water so talk to you gals later.

Boo'sMom
07-10-2006, 09:41 AM
Sherry--you may also check your school districts website--they usually have their new calendar posted by now, plus there is usually a place where all the "stuff" you NEED for registration is listed (even though we are returning to the same school we have to show proof of residency, etc) Are your kids changing schools because of the move? We register on Aug. 1-2 but classes start the 16th. I NEVER thought I'd say summer is too long because I loved the break but the more my previous school researched year round the more I liked it--the one we talked about was a 45-15 schedule and it sounded great--9 weeks in school and a 3 week vacation--all year long--then you are competing with everyone in the country for an uncrowded vacation destination!

HeatherCP--motherhood certainly fits you! I am so glad the baby is eating better (ie--sleeping better when he's full!) It IS exciting when they do something new and you are entitled to that "mama thrill!" I hope everything goes smoothly with the adoption in August. Is there a chance you will also get to keep the baby? What lucky babies to have such a terrific mommy. Okay--vacation with mom is over--get back on the wagon with us!!

Erin--I haven't had a chance to mention--but you look FABULOUS!!! WTG on the 81#'s. Glad your luncheon went well--we all splurge at some point--it's life and obviously it didn't affect you at all.

HeatherPP--HOLY COW!!!! That's great. I say keep at it and see if it's the plan change or post TOM, whatever it is it's great! What does red have in addition to purple--I may have to try, but I don't like the idea of giving up my lites! But hey--6 pounds--I'll try anything! I know I get 1200-1350 calories on Gold, how many do you think you get on Red?

Rios--I know we can get Knudsen's Morning Blend at our big United and at our healthfood store. They have a website--maybe you can enter your zipcode for local locations.

Boo'sMom
07-10-2006, 09:42 AM
Morning Debbie!

PURPLEPIRATE99
07-10-2006, 10:02 AM
Thanks Boo and Debbie - I think I might just do the POP for this week and see if I get any more !!! I know at least 1/2 of that was TOM - but I really feel like this is working for me - maybe it is all mental - I don't know??

but I'm going to the beach on Friday - so I might just see how things go this week - stay OP at the beach and then if I have any cravings or gain during my trip - do TO after I get back next tuesday and weds....sound like a good plan??
Boo - Let me finish entering everything into fitday and see what I come up with - I know my first day was about 1500 - but that is about right for me with my workout schedule - that is what every equation I do tells me to eat - I will tell you for sure in just a minute

bizlawchik
07-10-2006, 10:24 AM
Good Morning Ladies!

Doing TO Today! Knudsen's juice w/Benefiiber added, and limited plan.

Any other takers???

Misery loves company!

winkie03
07-10-2006, 10:38 AM
How are my girls? Just wanted to say Good Morning, no time to do personals, but I just wanted to say Congrats to HeatherPP and Lisa for their weight loss!! Yay!

I, on the other hand have a 2 pound gain due to TOM!! eck!

PURPLEPIRATE99
07-10-2006, 11:21 AM
Winkie - I'm so there with you - I had that last week, so I know exactly how you feel!!!
Sorry you are up - but just remember it is temporary!!!

skipper
07-10-2006, 11:25 AM
GOOD MORNING EVERYONE AND "TO" BUDDIES - :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

Here we go doing the DELICIOUS :dizzy: MONDAY MORNING TAKE OFF!!!! I've got my juice, the jug of water, the Necessary cup of coffee and the egg beaters at my desk - and so it begins!! Who's joining me???

Congrats to all my girlfriends who are seeing losses (Heather, Lisa:smug:go girl! Barbara, etc... ) For those of us who are dealing with TOM (me, 1 1/2 weeks early!!!:?: ) and others fighting that scale - let's remotivate at the beginning of the week. I spent all weekend at the sports complex watching DS's baseball team (6-8 year olds) take 3rd in their end of the season tournament- they were a bit bummed at not making the championship but were right in it until the very end. Gotta say that being on plan was over my head with the only available food being concession stand food. I made pretty good choices considering what they had available, and stayed away from the salty or sweet snacks. The scale had me even this AM with Friday morning, so that's not such a bad deal. Gotta re-focus here, though. Hope that TO can remove these nasty carb cravings!!

Have a good day all.

dolphn545
07-10-2006, 11:50 AM
Heather PP - :dance: :dancer: :carrot: BIG happy dance for you on the 6 lb loss!!

Green - sounds like you had a great time at your Mexican Fiesta. I LOVE mexican food!

Rios426 - for the actual TO juice itself, you have to buy it from LAWL. But many others substitute the Knudsen's Juice.

Lea Ann - I just checked the website for the district. My kids start August 30. And yea, because of the move, they will all have to change schools. My older daughter (16) was upset about it at first, but she will still see some of her friends at the Vocational School. Her new school goes at the same time as her old school. My 12 yo DS makes friends easily. I just wish I could find him a few friends now so he's not up my a$$$ for the remainder of the summer! My youngest (DD - 11) is the only one I'm really worried about. She has anxiety, etc. and doesn't adjust well at all to changes. She's the main reason I need to speak with the school, so we can get any extra services in place for her BEFORE the school year begins.

:wave: to all the other chickies!!