Old 07-25-2006, 11:49 AM   #751  

S/C/G: 199/191/179

Height: 5' 5-1/2"

Day 2 of TO is going fairly well. Even though the juice I'm using is far fewer calories, my calorie intake is still up there (yesterday because of my cheat with ice cream) and because of the LA Lite bars!

Britt - I don't remember what other flavors they had for the fish, if plain was even an option. I do try to limit them, because they are expensive, and frozen!

Debbie - yep, you got it. the blackened grilled cajun fillet. Soooo good. Those days would be extra water days!

Evette, Dawn, Erin, Christie, Lindsey, and anyone else -
dolphn545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 11:53 AM   #752  
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

Sherry-the last time I added it up, with the Knudsen's, 2 protein, 2 veggies, and 2 la lites-the calories were about 1200. You don't want to go under that. So be careful!
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 12:11 PM   #753  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Lea Ann- That is a great idea. My old chiro put me on CalMag/Zinc for firbromyalgia. Maybe I need to get back to that.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 12:41 PM   #754  
Missing Ohio

CONGRATS TO DAIRY AND DAWN
LadyIzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 12:54 PM   #755  

Yeah I'm definitely eating at least one frozen meal a day for the sake of convenience b/c all I have is a microwave and a fridge and a chic-fil-a...you get the idea

So I am confident that as soon as I get to cook my own meals again things will move along nicely and I'll be trying on wedding dresses in no time

I am so glad I finally decided to post, I've been reading for so long and wishing I had the kind of support you guys have in each other, because sometimes I feel like the counselors at my center (one in particular) looks at the scale with a disappointed face if I'm up even an ounce or two. Then I want to cry.

But, I'm working out 5 days/week and doing pilates in the mornings...as soon as I get moved to my apt I'm going to start setting small goals because I want to learn to run! But I'm also being careful about not overdoing it, because that doesn't help anything.

Sorry for the long post, I feel like I've known you all for so long but there's still so much to say!

Oh, and Greenville is a hot, sticky place.
LindseyLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 12:56 PM   #756  
On stabilization

Height: 5'5

Hey gang! Just wanted to jump on and say hi - then I'm off to the mall (YUCK- can't stand the mall) to go clothes shopping. DH got me a gift certificate last year for our anniversary, for when I lost the weight, to JCPenney. We have a big business trip coming up in a couple weeks that requires more than my standard jeans/t-shirt wardrobe. Soooo I get to go buy myself some new pretties in a new size! We're headed to Sacramento, so I hope I can still find some summery, dressy outfits.

Have a great day, and I'll check back in later!

Lindsey - no apologies! Your post is short compared to some of our missives! Jump right in!
hkychik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 01:04 PM   #757  
gibbylynn

S/C/G: 251

Height: 5'5"

Thanks again to everyone for such a warm welcome and some great ideas to get veggies in. I have to WI today and even though I was soooooo good this week, I am really retaining water from the heat and PMS, so I am not expecting a loss.

Just have to share that I made over my first big hurdle this weekend. My husbands company had its annual bbq and I only had a plain burger, fruit and water. No beer was tough because it was 118 on Saturday! Needless to say I drank A LOT of water.

Hope everyone's day is going well and I will let you know how I did on the dreaded scale!
gibby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 01:05 PM   #758  

S/C/G: 174.2/?/140

Height: 5'2''

hello everyone just got back from WI down .4oz but i had an idiot counselor today. she wanted to sell me the very expensive new cookbook. says that this 1 is a "real" cookbook the 1st 1 was more like "common sense". ahh they just irritate me. she refused to change me to green like the other counselor suggested (the other counselor being the store manager) because she said i need to be atleast 5lbs away from 128 to be changed because green starts at 128. I didnt want to argue because she's 1 of those that will keep doubting you so i just said whatever. i usually weigh with jeans on and i dont know if she realizes that my body weight without clothes is about 133lbs or even less. then she refused to measure me because she wants the same person that has been measuring me to measure me and that person is on vaca. they are so damn inconsistant. I have no idea why we have to see these stupid people 2-3 times a week. I was already in a bad mood from not losing so much and then she gives me all this crap. ahhh

Going to go change my ticker.

Thanks for letting me vent a bit. chat with you gals later.

Last edited by Debbie24; 07-25-2006 at 01:20 PM.
Debbie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 01:14 PM   #759  

Lindsey yours is definately short compared to some so no apologies. You will do great at the new apt. You are right dont overdo it because you are cutting down on food also so you dont want to go really low on calories with too much exercise. We're glad you joined in.

Lori have fun shopping.

Gibby great job on resisting, the more we do that the easier it will get. 118 is hot, hot, hot. Try some lemon water for the water retention.works great. I'm not sure if you read how we do the lemon water but its:

poke holes in lemon with fork and microwave in a bowl for 1 min then sqeeze all juices out. use 1/2 the amount of juice in 16oz water (i've done it warm and cold and it still works) and then 1/2 hour later use the remaining juice in 16oz water. 1 lemon counts as 1 fruit in my book (gold) but i think some girls on here dont count it as anything. I also recently put 1/2 the rind in each glass of water. It wasnt bitter. A counselor told me to do that.

goodluck at WI.
Old 07-25-2006, 01:34 PM   #760  
Princess Heather

Just checking in quickly. The boys are napping. We didn't get the other placement so it's still just the two of them! So far it's a OP day! WHOOO HOOO! Nothing much else going on here! Later chickies!
CandlePrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 01:38 PM   #761  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

Katie--it's certainly worth a try and if it helps your fibro--what a bonus!! Plus it's a cheap way to make sure we are getting enough calcium--which I think we all agree we don't get enough of on LAWL--I refuse to have a hump later in life because of a COD rule!

Debbie--sorry about the COD woes--at least you have us!! I hate to make matters worse but my COD said if I ever wanted to get to their version of my "ideal weight" (138) they would put me on Green at 143--I said no thanks. I am 5'6 so that may make a difference since I don't know your height. Hey--we should all put it in the area of our avatar because I am always curious--it really makes a difference in a lot of things. You may also consider going to WI in shorts and a tank--heck I shave just to feel my lightest--no jewelry, no shoes, and barely any clothes! LOL. I have to agree on having the same person measure you though (it sucks when you are planning on it and it doesn't happen) because even the slightest difference in tape placement can send you into a tailspin. Cheer up!!

Lindsey--post all you want--that's why we are all here. Things really will be easier when you are out of the dorm--I did Nutrisystem in college and dorm life is **** on healthy eating (IMO). Great job exercising--I am just now getting regular about working out (haha--a week--which is regular for me!). Good luck with the move!

Lori--woohoo--a shopping spree! AND a new size--even better!!! I bet right now not only will you find cute summery stuff but it may already be on sale so they can start stocking for Fall. I am having heck right now finding workout wear for school that's NOT shorts or capris and I want long because we will cool off fast come Fall. When is your trip?

Gibby--resisting at the BBQ is what we call a NSV (non scale victory) and sometimes they are greater (and more plentiful) than a scale victory--way to go!! I say hit the lemon water for the bloat--it really helps. I cheat and buy the bottled lemon juice and add some to my crystal lite lemonade and drink it hot--very filling and helps with water retention.

We are having a lazy day, should be cleaning AGAIN--my house is a dust MAGNET! Got a new vacuum cleaner so I am only enjoying vacuuming right now--lol. Pity.
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 01:53 PM   #762  

Thank you Lea Ann. I just changed my profile, i'm 5'2''. They are so inconsistant. I guess with the height difference it would work out. I weigh in jeans because i want to be 125lbs with jeans on. Maybe i should go back to weighing in yoga pants. Its like difference of 1 1/2lbs. It will help in the winter when i have to go WI in jeans though so i dont show a gain during stabilization or maintenance. i'll be cheerier soon i hope. I'm glad i have you gals also to make me feel better about things.
Old 07-25-2006, 02:40 PM   #763  
Katie

Okay, I listed my height. Now you can see why I wear 4 1/2" platforms all the time. I am short, short, short.

Debbie- No, really, tell us how you really feel, LOL.

Lindsey- I'm sure being able to cook will make a big difference for you.

Lori- What? Did you just say that you HATE the mall? Surely that was a typo....
Old 07-25-2006, 02:57 PM   #764  
ON LAWL

S/C/G: 160/155/140

Height: 5'6''

I just got back from the Grocery Store. I hate to go when I am on TO but oh well. I did find the new Wishbone Salad Spritzer. I bought the italian vinagrette. I hate reduced fat or no fat salad dressing, but I have acquired at taste for vineagrettes. It is Yummy, sprayed it on my celery!!

Just thought I would share.
klkoppes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 03:11 PM   #765  
Katie

Those are good. I like the balsamic vinagrette on all kinds of stuff.