Old 01-14-2006, 08:55 AM   #16  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Geez if your smilies aren't working, then I'd hate to see your post when they are!!!!
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 12:30 PM   #17  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning all.

to all that made it a moving and groovin' week

I had a good week in that I started up with the regular exercise. I had a bad week with chocolate. I immediately went on a bender after a few pieces so I have to banish it from the house. No doubt. Will have to be extra good this weekend if I want to see any weight loss this week - I feel like I don't deserve any loss at all but I realize that is negative thinking. Just have to focus on what's important.

It's going to be a weekend of cleaning, maybe some target shooting. The Christmas stuff is all upstairs in the storage room but it's spread all over the floor and needs to be organized. Closets are pretty full too. I think I need to set a timer 3 times a week and start on those too. We've been here a year now, time to sift through the last of the packing boxes. So much to do, so little time.

Mel, glad you liked the Sonoma book. I'm a MT plan A - there's lots I would eat on this Sonoma plan, can use it as a guide for something different to eat. I do like all of the power foods they recommend. Seems like there is nothing that would be too spicy or irritating to you. Are you going to try it? Or use it as a supplement to the MT plan? Good thing you are a hard drivin' Joisey chick - keep that steely resolve not to let anything get you down

Shad, I do believe that you have completely rebuilt your house from the rafters out. How did the bath come out? I remember you had such lovely blue tiles you were installing.

Thank you for the lovely waterfall Meadow - I think it's just down one of the garden paths out back. If you listen hard in the stillness of the evening, you can just barely hear the water cascading. The spray is so refreshing in the warm summer sun. And I always loved looking at the rainbows in the mist! Are you walking again? Are the chocolate fruits all gone now?

Turtle, there was something in your journal that I was going to comment on but darn if I forgot now. happens so easily. Is Poohbear all better now?

Poor Madcat, slaving away on the extra project. Hope you caught up enough to have some fine weekend time with DB.

Where did Jennifer run off to for the weekend? I missed something. Have a good time. I know Tig's having herself some fun, walking, running and crusin' along. How are you spending the 3 day weekend Lisa?

Linus, good luck on the quit. Sounds like your mind is in a successful place - now to avoid the temptations of the stresses that drive you out the back door again! Thanks for the invite on the golf course but I don't play anymore - not like you could call what I did before playing Besides, is that course by you "Scottish Links" ? there's something different about those than American layouts.

Ceejay - I know where Jonesboro is - I see it when I'm watching the weather channel. We had some downed tree limbs in the yard too - no wonder because the winds were really rocking the place. They say it's supposed to be warmer but I think it's really cooler than usual now. Kinda like a brisk fall day today but at least we have lots of sunshine. Any fun plans for (part of) that bonus check?

Holly, I guess if the visualizing works for you - go for it, tho you seem to be struggling with it in your own words. I don't know - there's all sorts of tricks and stuff but I guess I feel in my own mind that it just comes down to telling yourself No - you're not going to eat this even though you want it and feel you deserve it, No - that's too much to eat, put some back and Yes - get off your duff and on the treadmill / bike / stairs what ever and just do it already. I myself find way too many excuses to procrastinate under the guise of thinking out a new thought process to motivate me. It's hard to admit to myself but that is the reality of the situation. So I hope you either find something that works for you or just come to accept that deep down, you are happy with where you are right now. The only thing I can say and I think most here will agree is that the older you get, the harder it is to take off. I myself wish I had worked a little harder at trimming the pounds off as I hit my 40's.

Hellos to Ruthie and LindaT, casting out the fishing line to reel back in Teel, PW (don't you dare be hiding out on the couch missy ), Nae.

Time for this chick to get moving.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 03:24 PM   #18  

HELLOOOOOO!!
I am finally over this stomach virus. 7 whole freakin days!!! I didn't lose weight either bah! LOL!
Took DD to see Monters Inc on Ice today, a gift from my folks. It was sweet. I watched her face more than the show!

I have made a definite decision to pursue my Avon career and I will slowly faze out daycare as the kids get into school. I have established a great base and I LOVE it. I like being in the business world, always did.
DId I mention that I was ranked #6 out 336 sales rep in my district!!? Pretty exciting. I will just be monumentally busy for me until next Sept.
I have decided that I really DO want to lose some weight. For me it is portion size and seconds.That will be my first goals. I am going to try and incorporate my 20 min Yoga tape or WATP once a day.

HAppy~ the idea of "seeing" a goal was appealing because I have trouble believing in any result being possible. Does that make sense. I talk myself out of it somehow.
I really like the idea of visualizing what i will be doing with my health and wellness in 25-30 years from now. RuthXXX and I have a date on a verandah over looking a lake with a couple young bucks serving us cocktails. Works for me.
I CAN visualize the family and family life I want. I can visualize my Avon business success. It works to help me acheive my goals.
Of course with food I really could just tell myself NO but then I would tell myself to bugger off,ROFLMAO!!!

Have a happy, happy day ladeis!!!
Hollyhock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 03:29 PM   #19  
Choose your hard

Good luck with the Avon career - it sounds like something that is a perfect fit for you and it is possible to do very very well in that line of work. The Monsters On Ice sounds fab. Great that you and the DD had a little girl time and enjoyed yourselves.

Ok, I'm back to dusting and vacumning.

I am REALLY ugh struggling today wanting bad stuff. I need a chocolate exorcism. Maybe I should start on the Zyban again just to make stuff taste yucky.
Old 01-14-2006, 04:32 PM   #20  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Happy - what a reason to take Zyban Still I know what you mean. It's like cheese with me. As long as it is there I will eat it. And if it is not there then I will put it on the shopping list. And believe it or not, there is a Neufchatel cheese which is flavoured with chocolate. Wouldn't it be hard to be a chocolate and cheese-a-holic?
So glad to hear of the regular exercise. Just a bit more and it will begin to become a habit. Keep it up.
I must confess that I still have work to do in the bathroom. It sort of got lost in the work ethos when I moved to Melbourne last year. However I have challenged myself to finish those projects I started back then and I am slowly getting into it. The gate is now crossed off my to do list. I'm working on the lounge dining room again, new doors are next, then I can finish the bathroom. I have sworn not to start any new projects until these are done. I'm going to get professional help for the electrical and concreting work which is the next step on my list. It's not so much paying for it which is the problem, it is getting the tradesmen to come in!!!
The difference between Scottish links and an American golf course as I see it is in the grooming. In Scotland - the Rough is ROUGH and in the States, rough is not yet mowed this week!

Holly - good to hear that you have made some decisions on the future. Some folk have made good incomes with Avon and I think you have the right frame of mind to do this. Ruth and you on a verandah in 20 years time. Geez Canada will never be the same.

Speaking of Ruthxxx - it's her birthday. Well for me it was her birthday yesterday and I missed it, but for you lot it is today.
Happy Birthday Ruth

Meadow - lovely waterfall. I can sit there and think nice peaceful thoughts from time to time. You are right, we did need a waterfall. Thanks.

Linus - no the mountain doesn't overlook the dolphins. Wrong Island. You're talking about the Dusky Dolphins from Dusky Sound in Fiordland on the southwest coast of the South Island of New Zealand. This mountain is smack bang in the middle of the North Island. Not even close. And when you have saved enough through not smoking, I will take you on a personal tour of that delightful area and you will see the dolphins and maybe even dive for black coral and we will visit the North Island mountains of our new home and maybe even swim in the warm crater lake at the top of the mountain - if one can still do that! It's the only place that I know of in the world where you could ski and climb up to the top of the mountain and change into a swimsuit to sit in the snow and get a tan!

You're right Mel, many people missing from our thread again. It's disturbing. I miss our friends when they don't come in. However it has to be their choice.
Enjoy your time alone. Don't forget the exercise - gently does it. But keep thinking cheerful thoughts. At least this doctor is promising undying care! We could all do with a good Mental health day once in a while so enjoy yours.

Gotta get up there and at it. Went to DS2's party last night. His sort-of-ex-gf rung me yesterday to seek some help to surprise him with her presence at the do, then proceeded to ignore both him and me all night and chatted up every other bloke in the place (including DB2 - ). Think she needs some of Mels Mental Health people. She certainly won't be getting any help from me any more unless she explains herself after this one. Seems all she wanted was the BIG ENTRANCE - hey the prodigal has returned etc. Anyway, it's not my problem so I will just sit on the sidelines, provide a shoulder, give advice when requested that probably won't be taken and leave it alone. But it is hard to see your children hurting.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 04:37 PM   #21  

hi chickies
Happy BUGGER IS THAT WHY MY TWIRLS TASTE BLOODY AWFUL ??? the zyban gods sake ,and there was me thinking andy had poisoned me ,well i weighed myself in boots today and i weigh 16 stone and 7 llbs so im still lighter than i was pre christopher lol who would have thought getting pregnant to lose weight now i just have to shift the rest
MEL harry potter is the answer to everything in this house lol have fun
right ladies a short visit from me ive got a thumper of a sore head and im gonna watch charmed
OH BEFORE I FORGET SHAD were gonna start the garden soon so ill have to send you some before ,now and after pics
kirsty
linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 07:04 PM   #22  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR RUTHIE
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!

MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 07:08 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

I've been cleaning today, but haven't got much done on the inside. The sunshine was inviting so I washed the Rav4 and talked to the neighbors.
Think I was getting tired of staying in the house. I would have said cabin fever but there has been no reason for me to stay on the inside.

After I took my blood pressure and blood sugar level this morning I decided it was time to start getting healthy. Had a couple of snack cakes last night and this morning it showed up on the glucose monitor big time. My blood pressure is a little elevated and respirations were elevated. No more caffiene for a while to see if this will bring things down.

Mel--:hugs:

Everyone else a big hello I' ll address each one of you later.

Happy birthday miss Ruthxxx.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 10:16 PM   #24  

I do come and go, but not too far this go round. You all are extra friends and important to me. You are encouraging and entertaining!

Shad: love the new locale. May I have the loft above the book shop? Perhaps my daughter will come and visit there more often. DH thinks the DeWalt debacle is very unusual and was surprised they weren't helpful... or did you go to the dealer for them to ressurect your sander. I hope you have a better time getting plastered.... um, doing the plastering.

Happy: Hope the headache didn't last very long. Sounds like you've got great plans and decisions working for you.

JavaHottie: WTGG!!

Jennifer: For what it's worth, DH has been telling me about a friend of ours whose house has gone from $300K to $125K because of foundation problems, lazy geological engineers and poor repairs. Be glad you don't live on the shifting dirt of Texas. (I'd rather be back in Earthquake country... because everything was solid between the fault lines!!)

MadCat: PM's apparently don't trust their worker-bees because they sure get helpless and frantic often and at inconvenient times. I hope you set yours straight about your steller (stellar?) competence... and your available hours! PS: don't be surprised if I snag your Yoda quote!

CeeJay: Congrats on extra pay for extra loyalty and perfect attendance!!! I re-started Morning Pages (a basic when doing The Artist's Way) late this afternoon and actually made a big connection between my weight, lack of confidence, and lack of substantial (i.e. financial) success with my business. It wasn't what I expected, but boy do I feel better. I hope your journals do the same for you. I have a HUGE document I'd be glad to send you (or anybody else) if you want hints and tips on what to write or how to approach journal writing....

Linus: Driving lessons! Wheeee! So then you can take CJ in the car and vibrate him to sleep! Hope the massage is better next session... there must be some chakra or energy point that numbs gum pain.

Meadow: LOVE the waterfall. And the sound it makes in my mind. Thanks.

Mel: I am so glad that you found somebody with whom you could let down your hair.... Was it John, Paul or George that penned "Let it Be"? Let yourself be, darling... red eyes, retirement, fatigue, history, etc. etc. Being who we are (and loving it, gently) is really all we CAN do. And if we try to change while we're not loving ourselves, we're just being mean to ourselves. Reminds me of my Mommie, Dearest saying, "Why can't you be ___ fill in the blank__"
If I could have, I would have!!
Hugs.

Oh... and my daughter says the apartment two doors down from her burned up this morning. EEK. But she and her stuff are fine. Between that news and my business development plans, I think I should go get some green tea and wind down for the day.
PainterWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 11:08 PM   #25  
Smackin' into a Wall

Hi Guys! Sorry I have been missing in action for a couple of days. Luckily Job #2 is pretty much done. I do have to sign on tomorrow and do a bunch of French screenshots from the software, but that's pretty much a no-brainer. So Thursday they called me and offered me another contract… I said NO.
Had a nice day today. We're signed up for a car sharing program so we went to the orientation, then wandered over to an art store to check out supplies for the wedding invitations, had lunch out and then came home. Napped the afternoon away. I think I have caught up on sleep going back about a week and a half. It is so nice.
BTW, I looked and the Chateau Tongariro has a lovely heated plunge pool. We are so there.

Happy Birthday, Ruth!!!!!!!!!

Holly ~ Can I come and have drinks on the veranda too? I'll even buy the first round. I agree that having a vision is important as well as also visualizing the steps it might take to get there. Sounds as if you have a good starting point. Whoo hoo! Way to go on doing so well with Avon. And that you love it. That's why you are good at it, you know.

Java ~ Mile-er! Way to Go. Sometimes I think if we spent the time we spend trying to talk ourselves out of exercising, just doing it without thinking, we'd get so much more exercise done. It's so cool you have an inspiration near you. Keep it up. Chat room time is a great idea.

ceejay ~ good luck on the journalling. Sometimes just seeing stuff in black and white can be really helpful. And at least you have ways and means to measure how you are doing. Now is the time. Why not now?

Shad ~ You've worked hard and now take a break. You earned it. Your response to the early-rising project manager, made me laugh just a tad. This guy is pretty good – but the stakeholders were threatening to delay the launch of the entire project if they didn't have the documents, so I can understand his anxiety.BTW The wedding is probably going to be about 60 people. The ceremony will be in the room and then the reception will start immediately after the "to do"s. No sit down dinner. No DJ and dancing.

Linus ~ good luck with stop smoking programme. I was just reading this morning that if you quit smoking you can reduce your chance of cardio disease by 50% after a year of non-smoking. And great way to spend the money.

Jennifer ~ have a great long weekend.

Meadow ~ The waterfall does make a great addition. The sound of falling water is really relaxing. I remember this really great waterfall in Venezuela… but I digress.

Mel ~ And thanks for the prod. I needed that. At least some good will come of this latest Dr round if you can get out of the office and for all. Take care of yourself, my friend, and watching Harry Potter is just what you need. Enjoy and pamper yourself. You are an inspiration.

Happy ~ I find there are items that I can't have in my house either – chocolate is one, ordinary peanut butter is another one. It's just easier to not have the temptation.

PW ~ steal the quote away if you wish. I won't tell George Lucas if you don't. I think it would be neat to have tips on what/ or how to journal. There are rules? I remember reading a book called "Writing down the Bones" (I think?) where they talked about writing without having an internal editor. Letting your hand lead your brain where it really wants to go. It was interesting.

Best wander off and read some other stuff. Since I napped this afternoon I'm not tired now. Gym tomorrow. Maybe? Or Pilates at home. Oh and screenshots. Lots of screenshots.

Later Chicklets.
Madcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 08:53 AM   #26  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

Cool Sunday and frigid......the weather, not ME!!

Good Morning Chicks
Let's sit and have a cup o java together!! Guess mine will be seltzer. No more caffeine for awhile so we can see if that is really the face trigger. Last frappuccino was yesterday. No more are in the house Yesterday, I was watching FitTV on cable and pedaled my heart out. I feel ever so much better both inside and out. And PW you are so right....I am taking the time to reacquaint myself WITH myself. I've been so many "people" to so MANY people that Mel got lost in the shuffle. It is an identity crisis of sorts! So I am giving myself lots of for now.
Stayed at Jen's and then they came down here with me. They seem a little "clingy" if you know what I mean. The week affected us all.(sigh)
25* out and 50-60 mph gusts. Guess I'll stay in the house today
Happy Sunday all and have a great day.

Happy~ Good luck with the scale. Tomorrow is my weigh-in The chocolate part is going to be my hardest thing too. I don't have much but those 5-10(sometimes more) Kisses are going to be missed. That and the one coffee kept me going! Come to Chocoholics with me. We can cry together!

Shad~ I am sorry I missed that you were still up. I had gone to Jen's when I left here. Were you up getting plastered as PW thinks or doing the plastering? I am thinking of getting plastered myself!! I read somewhere on 3fc where they could also limit the smilies!!! Whatever would I do to express myself
Sorry the ex gf took advantage of your caring. I hate to see the kids sad or hurt also. Guess when push comes to shove, they are always going to be our kids!!

PW~ I had a sigh when I read your post to me. It fits and made me realize I am on the right track. Many would think this is a "past" problem but I know it's a "present".
I am glad the DD is fine and her goods and chattals are ok too. Must have been scary news even though it was over. Nothing more dear to us than our children. Hope you are taking care of YOU also!!!

Ceejay~ Some for you as well!! Seems our lives keep going parallel. I was asked to get off the sugar and coffee on Friday. I knew I had no right being on them but continued. I get the same symptoms but I already know it's that. So good luck my friend and hang in there. You can do it!!!

Miss Mad~ Invitations?! By the time you get them out the dirty deed will already have been done!
I should have hired out as your wedding planner. The only problem would be that you would be getting married on the Jersey Coast!!!
<----something to keep you motivated for the job #2 stress!

Not too many posts?!? Guess it's the weekend. Take care Chicklettes.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 12:00 PM   #27  

I have 2 minutes to post!! Just came home from church with DD. Ds is playing in a tournament a 1/2 hour from here. Next game is a 1pm.Just had a lovely avocado, chicken breast and tomato on rye sandwich!!!

HUGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hollyhock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 12:14 PM   #28  
Choose your hard

1. Happy Belated Birthday Ruth!

2. Aw Mel, no chocolate, no caffeine? We have to find you a new kind of "stimulant" now, don't we? We'll also have to come up with a new kind of diet for you - one in which you feel you are embarking upon a new adventure, rather than saying goodbye to things. What do you look forward to eating that is on the new plan? Good for you on getting those pedals flying!

3. What are French screenshots Madcat? Sounds dirty Your weekends always sound so nice - like a frame from a movie - walking in the park, taking a bike ride, hunting through book stores. I need to take a cue from you.

4. PW - it was Paul who penned Let It Be. Paul wrote Let It Be in a time of distress - when he was looking for answers and he needed a light in the dark. He dreamt one night of his mother, Mary, who came to him in times of trouble.
I think sometimes we all would be wise to "let it be" instead of trying to fix it, improve it or just dwell on it and make ourselves nuts. That's scary about the fire - good thing your daughter is ok.

5. Ceejay - sounds like you need to join with Mel on the let's rework the food plan bit. There is always a mourning period for me when I think about doing that. I get myself all twisted in what I'm giving up rather than what I'm trading it for. See comment # 4. I find it's hardest when I don't have things planned out, I'm hungry and reaching for the quickest thing. Don't you just love your Rav4? We've had 7 4Runners - I wouldn't drive anything else. Last time we debated between downsizing to a Rav4 but decided to keep one full size SUV for hauling things which has come in handy. Must have been warmer by you or you are a sturdy soul because it was too cold to wash cars here. Brrr. Mine needs a bath desperately too.

6. Linus, you're too funny - poisoned me - Yep, it's the Zyban doing it. Your fags will never be satisfying again - that's what helps you to quit. It's like you borrowed someone's off brand of old, stale cigarettes - blech. And it makes everything taste terrible. And you will smell stinky things that aren't there. I was smelling skunks all the time. I couldn't take it any more and went off of it after 6 weeks instead of the 3 months they recommend. But I sincerely do believe that it did help. Somewhat. It will take mega mega sheer iron willpower but you can do this. Focus on the money honey. By the time I hit my 2 year mark in April I will have not smoked over 20,000 cigarettes and as of today have not "burned up" almost $4,400. So it adds up. Take that cigarette money and put it in a jar each week so you can see the cash build up and you have something in hand to compensate for the suffering. Just remember - a craving only lasts 3 minutes. Now at first the cravings will come every 10 minutes but over time they will stretch out longer in between. Good luck to you, I am serious about no chocolate next Friday when you start your journey. I hope the kids cut you some slack. So CJ is not into baby massage, eh?

7. Shad, I know what you mean about getting the tradesmen in. They all want the big expensive jobs, try to get them for the medium sized work. Forget it. We tried to get a plumber once to rearrange the fixtures in the bath and run new pipes. Must have contacted 10 of them most didn't show up for the assesment appointment and the others, well guess it wasn't worth their while. DH did it himself. I am feeling the urge to redo things here too. I get overwhelmed looking at the big picture. Some of the rooms flow together so colors have to be chosen that will coordinate with each other. New flooring can't clash with the front stairs, etc, etc. And I don't want to repeat the pattern in the old house where things are torn up for years. And then of course there's the little factor of where is there time to do this. In bits like you I suppose. However you are the kind to put your mind to it and just get it done. Perhaps we should just hire you?

Speaking of which, nothing is getting done with me sitting here. DH is anxious to get rolling on the day which is already half over. I am getting into the bad habit of staying up until 2 or 3 am and not getting up until 9 or 10 which really wrecks the day - even if I am up and doing things at such late hours. It's hard conforming to what the regular world feels is normal. Anyway, better get rolling.

Cheers to those missing and a bit on the shy side.
Old 01-15-2006, 01:08 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

PW--Yes, it has helped to get some things down on paper--There are 4 big issues that have been limiting the weight loss. One issue, I hope, has been settled and I think that will be the starting point to the other issues. One of my problems is that I can't say NO to certain people. I've had 2 week-ends all to myself and I'm feeling so relaxed. I may be purchasing new tires for the car with that bonus. I noticed that they are getting slick.

Hello to Jennifer who is moving this week end. Don't over do.

Linus--Do you get your taste bud's back after a length of time when taking the Zyban?

Mel--We can do this no caffiene thing together. I've done without once and felt so much better. Food and caffiene to me is what alcohol is to an alcoholic. They both can do damage. My paternal grandfather was an alcoholic. I'm pretty sure that I have the gene. Neither of my other sisters have this problem.

Shad-- I agree with madcat. You need to take a break and I realize that doing a ceiling is hard work. I've not sanded one down but I have painted a few. It was hard on the neck and shoulders.

Happy--We're expecting, from you, another 3 pound loss. Let us know.

Holly--Wish you the best. You will do well with the choice to sell Avon. It's a proven fact.

madcat--How are you doing on the "no account factor" of weight loss? I've made out index cards to ensure that I get the right amount of each food category including water intake. It should equal up to 1600 calories. I started this on Thursday so I'll see if there is any results.

Hello Java--missed you last night in the chat room. One of my favorite sports is ice skating. Last night the best was chosen to go to the Olympics in February.

Need to post the week end paper work. Yep I'm at work.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 01:47 PM   #30  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Holey Moley! I could never keep up with this group with comments but I do try to read.

Anyhow, thanks for the wonderful birthday wishes in the form of posts, e-cards, PMs and phone calls. I had an absolutely wonderful day! My only problem is wondering where the last 30 years went.

Enjoy your Sunday afternoon or Monday morning, in Shad's case.

Huga all 'round.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote