Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2005, 07:21 PM   #16  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Good, stormy, glad you like it. I think I'd go for the privilege day myself because I'm afraid I like the sound of indulgence too much and would probably end up making them every other day!

If you look back over the last thread you'll see I've been pretty down and bummed out about my lack of weight loss (I had a gain! don't know why) and my work. Everyone, especially Crime girl, has been so supportive.

I can't talk much now but here's saying I'm going to give it more effort this week. Having you guys here means SO much!
Old 01-09-2005, 07:25 PM   #17  
Never give up

Hi Crime girl, double posting I think. Oh yes, I remember the "barrel with legs" Didn't remember the name, that's all. Good for you for walking him. He will absolutely love you, even more than I'm sure he already does. Your biggest supporter for sure.

Ok, insanely jealous you. But really, all horses are gorgeous to me. I would sacrifice for any one of them maybe. But my girl really does have some special allure for me I think. I think I identify with her stubbornness, her refusal to compromise. Everyone calls her "stubborn" but I say she just has very clearcut policies. I just want to help her out because I know what happens to horses like her. . . nothing too pretty.
Old 01-09-2005, 07:25 PM   #18  
Trying or Dying

S/C/G: 327/258/180

Go Red!!!!!! You can do it!!!!

Old 01-09-2005, 07:27 PM   #19  
Never give up

Exclamation

THANKS, Crime girl. You're too much.
Old 01-09-2005, 07:33 PM   #20  

Wow, I'm missing all the action!

Thanks to everyone for the encouragement with my weight loss this week -- you guys had a huge part in my success. I wouldn't be able to make it through without coming on here and talking to everyone!

Stormy - welcome back! You did SO well at school - awesome job!!! Your reward day sounds like a great idea! I kind of did that this week, unintentionally, but it really didn't have a negative effect on me. In fact, I was able to get my fill of the things I was missing, but I didn't totally pig out. So kudos to you!!! Keep up the excellent work!

Little GH - I'm glad that I can be somewhat of an inspiration to you in your working out. In fact, we are all inspirational to one another in some way or other. I've never been anyone's hero before... That's awesome!!!

CG - good for you taking a walk tonight! I'm taking today off and just getting some things done around the house. So I will be DRAGGING my butt up tomorrow morning to get back into my routine! Let's keep it up!

Red - glad to hear that you are able to get some help from being here, even if it's just laughing at our insanity sometimes... I think this board has definitely provided us each with something positive! Whenever you need something...we're here!

All right...gotta go find something to make for dinner before I indulge on something bad! I'll be in and out all night...hope to catch someone later!

kelly
Old 01-09-2005, 07:33 PM   #21  
Building a Better Me

S/C/G: 310/*ticker*/250

Height: 5'3"

Hello Ladies I'm joining up here!

I'm hoping to lose exactly 100 pounds in 2005! And I need all the support I can get So if I'm here a ton... that's why
Old 01-09-2005, 07:40 PM   #22  
Building a Better Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crime girl

Question of the day:

If you could learn to do one thing - anything at all, right now, what would it be? Doesn't have to be the end all perfect thing, just what would you love to learn if money and time weren't an issue?
If I could learn one thing at all, right now I would learn to speak Gaelic (native language of Ireland!) and I would learn it by living in Ireland for a year or so...
Old 01-09-2005, 07:40 PM   #23  
Never give up

kjk -- hi there! Yes, there's been a lot of action here, especially because I've been sitting at the computer working (and answering email) Just finished my work!! Hurrah! and now have 20 minutes to shower and get out. No way!

Yes, didn't mean to leave you out or anything. You've been a great part of all the support I've gotten here. Thank you SO much.

Jacque -- welcome, here you are, there you are, yoiu're everywhere. This place hops!

(I told Jacque on another thread about you fantastic bunch, people! She's burning as well, and I think, with likenesses in weight loss goals, that Crime girl and kjk may especially be in for some added competition!!)
Old 01-09-2005, 07:40 PM   #24  
Trying or Dying

WELCOME JACQUE!
Glad to have you on board! Jump in and start posting- we love to talk!

kjk- the feeling is mutual! You contribute so much back to us! Thanks!

Well I never answered the question of the day so here:
It was hard to pick just one- I am one of those people that is always working on a project-
I think I would want to learn how to be a serial killer profiler. Weird I know- but I have been reading about serial killers for years. I am really into true crime stuff and that is ultimately my dream job.
Old 01-09-2005, 07:40 PM   #25  

Welcome Jacque!

You will find that we are a very supportive group that likes to post and chat A LOT!!! Crime Girl is our leader, and each day is dedicated to a different topic (weighing in, meal ideas, support, etc.). But mainly we just get on here and talk about anything and everything, including our successes and failures!

Jump on anytime - welcome!!!

Kelly
Old 01-09-2005, 07:50 PM   #26  
stormy1

Jacque, welcome! Gaelic- what an interesting choice! Red is out and recruiting.

As far as my thing-I would like to become fluent in Spanish.

Since I did not get to read the board much being at school-how are the points going b/t KJK and CG? I need to update my stats!
Old 01-09-2005, 07:56 PM   #27  
Trying or Dying

stormy-I got 3 points on Wed, 2 on Thurs, 0 on Friday, 2 on Sat, and 3 today!
jacque- speaking of themes for the day- what are you hoping to accomplish this week? What is your weekly plan?
Gaelic would be a really cool language to learn.

Okay- really need to go eat now- my poor dog is passed out on my bed looking like he is pooped! It is really funny!
Old 01-09-2005, 08:06 PM   #28  
Never give up

Exclamation White Rabbit!

Uh, oh, Crime girl is already jumping in with the goal questions! That's what I love about you CG, our leader!

Stormy, I think it's neck and neck between Crime girl and kjk. I'm expecting it to be a photo finish.

Recruiting, yup, that's maybe what I should get in to.

Jacque, one of my recent boyfriends (does that sound bad or what?) was Irish. And I did the Ireland trip and got the tapes. Since that ended on the rocks I haven't looked at the tapes since! Fortunately, a good young Irishman at work has served to at least take the twinge off the country for me. I love an Irish accent, though they're quite different depending on the area that person is from. Of the native English speaker accents I like best, I'd say Irish, South African and New Zealand are my favorites. Before, I would have been lucky to even understand they were speaking English but being over here you come in contact with lots of English speakers other than Americans (Brits would question my use of the word "English", gotta love 'em!). But still, Irish I think is neatest.

OK, I am late for work. I was thinking I would go to the gym tonight after work but I remembered today is a national holiday so the gym closes early and means I'd only be able to get in 45 minutes tops. Not worth it. I will, instead, promise to uncover my bike in my room so I can get on that. I don't know what's wrong with me but my body seems to be gaining weight at an alarming rate. I'm not kidding. It's scary. What's going on? Maybe from riding yesterday. Don't know.

By the way, Crime girl, I wrote two pages in my "Good things that happened to me" diary last night. It felt so nice to be writing right before I went to bed about nice things. I think I'm going to make it my ritual. . . . I wrote about you and all your support.

Last edited by redballoon; 01-09-2005 at 08:08 PM.
Old 01-09-2005, 08:18 PM   #29  
Building a Better Me

I'm a sucker for the Irish Accent BIG TIME!! (My husband jokes about that a lot!)

As for my goal for the week... umm my goal/focus for the week is going to be more exercise! I've been eating better (down from 4000+ Calories to about 1500) for 5 days now.... and I'm ready to throw a bit of exercise in!
Old 01-09-2005, 08:21 PM   #30  
stormy1

Red, 45 mins. is better than nothing. Now will your time on the bike be as good as a workout ad you would get 45 minutes at the gym plus your time traveling to and from? Get moving girl! Stop focusing on the evil scale!
Closed Thread