Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 02-26-2015, 08:53 AM   #1  
Hungry for Health! (-:

S/C/G: 141/108.8/BMI above 18.49

Height: 5'2"

Thumbs up Rolling Out of the 120s! (2015)

Starting this new "Out of the 120s" thread at the request of a mod (we had reached the 500 post mark). And what better way to start it than by congratulating Wedeburn on getting into the 117s - way to go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedeburn
So happy this morning!
weighed in at 117.6
yesterday my boyfriend noticed for the first time----I have not been discussing any of my journey with him since he lost his physical attraction towards me once I hit around 130 and stayed there for over 2 years.

How is everyone else doing?

Last edited by HungerWerks; 02-26-2015 at 08:57 AM.
HungerWerks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 08:51 PM   #2  

Just this afternoon figured out that if I continue what I have been eating like, it will take me over a year to get to 115 pounds. I am only losing .2 pounds a week.

That is not going to work at all. I have to lose faster than that. I need a different diet or something? I'm going to start reading about seniors losing weight.
Dynxagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 11:02 AM   #3  
Hungry for Health! (-:

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynxagain View Post
Just this afternoon figured out that if I continue what I have been eating like, it will take me over a year to get to 115 pounds. I am only losing .2 pounds a week.

That is not going to work at all. I have to lose faster than that. I need a different diet or something? I'm going to start reading about seniors losing weight.
You're doing what I do, Dynxagain - the scientific method! Get the data, see what it tells you, and plan from there. Lather, rinse, repeat! I know you'll be successful, and I'm so glad you're on the journey here with the Feathers.

Last edited by HungerWerks; 02-28-2015 at 08:24 PM.
Old 02-28-2015, 11:00 AM   #4  

Everywhere I have been says yes seniors lose slow, I don't mind slow, but it should not take years to lose 14 pounds.

Maybe I will have to just get tough on myself. I may try a low carb and a low cal. mix diet. with lots of hardboiled eggs. (they supposedly take more cal. to digest them.) There used to be more but I forgot what other foods did this. Plus I will try to do more exercise. (all I feel like doing is playing putor games and sleeping.) Maybe set alarm clocks when it's time to exercise or something.

Pin up a picture of the Anasazi dig site out West (4 corners area publeo indians) a place I want to go, but I need to be able to hike and climb ladders in order to see it. It's at the top of my bucket list.

When Spring finally arrives, my lazy, little dog is in big-time trouble.

Last edited by Dynxagain; 02-28-2015 at 01:05 PM.
Old 02-28-2015, 08:26 PM   #5  
Hungry for Health! (-:

Thumbs up

Quote:
Everywhere I have been says yes seniors lose slow, I don't mind slow, but it should not take years to lose 14 pounds.

Maybe I will have to just get tough on myself. I may try a low carb and a low cal. mix diet. with lots of hardboiled eggs. (they supposedly take more cal. to digest them.) There used to be more but I forgot what other foods did this. Plus I will try to do more exercise. (all I feel like doing is playing putor games and sleeping.) Maybe set alarm clocks when it's time to exercise or something.

Pin up a picture of the Anasazi dig site out West (4 corners area publeo indians) a place I want to go, but I need to be able to hike and climb ladders in order to see it. It's at the top of my bucket list.

When Spring finally arrives, my lazy, little dog is in big-time trouble.
All good ideas! And it would be such a treat to see the Anasazi dig site. That's definite motivation material!
Old 03-01-2015, 10:25 AM   #6  

I'm using the hard boiled eggs for snack times. So it should act like I'm having no snacks anymore. Hey, this could work. I'm a diet experiment.

Yea, it's March
Old 03-01-2015, 11:39 AM   #7  
Hungry for Health! (-:

Thumbs up

Quote:
I'm using the hard boiled eggs for snack times. So it should act like I'm having no snacks anymore. Hey, this could work. I'm a diet experiment.

Yea, it's March
Love me some hardboiled eggs. And I know March is going to be a marvelous month for us all!
Old 03-02-2015, 08:19 AM   #8  

The hard boiled eggs worked last night. They almost make me feel too full. I normally make constant trips to the kitchen in the evenings. I think it started when I quit smoking. Well I walked into the kitchen, and only got some water, because the eggs kept me feeling full for a long time.
Old 03-02-2015, 08:32 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 128.4/115.8/105

Height: 5 2"

I had 2 scrambled eggs for my (early) dinner last night and they kept me full as well! I need to head to the store today and load up on eggs! I have read in many articles that something in eggs----possibly the choline----keeps you satiated for a longer time than other forms of protein!
wedeburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 10:26 AM   #10  
Hungry for Health! (-:

Thumbs up

Eggs rock!

Old 03-03-2015, 12:06 PM   #11  

Cracked up, when I saw your egg picture Hun!

OMG, I made a joke, that just set me off further.

Alas, I didn't eat on plan today. I ate twice as much fruit, as I'm supposed to. And I'm not sure what it will do.

I can't seem to get myself to exercise either. I really do hate to do exercises.

A lot of the diet tips on the internet were for 50-55 year olds. I have a child who is 53 years old! There's not much for people my age.

Last edited by Dynxagain; 03-03-2015 at 12:17 PM.
Old 03-04-2015, 01:25 PM   #12  

I don't like to set goals because it just depresses me if I don't make the goal. I will set up small rewards for myself. I will try to do something like eat good for a day.

Wonder if I could bribe myself to exercise somehow?
Old 03-04-2015, 01:36 PM   #13  
Hungry for Health! (-:

Question

Quote:
I don't like to set goals because it just depresses me if I don't make the goal. I will set up small rewards for myself. I will try to do something like eat good for a day.

Wonder if I could bribe myself to exercise somehow?
Your "cracked me up" joke cracked me up!

Exercise is so hard when you don't feel like doing it. If I did not have a white-hot burning passion to get down to a certain weight/BMI - and I'm not even certain what that is yet, except that it will be in the healthy range of above 18.4 - I would probably never leave this chair, lol! And I consider being healthy a side effect of exercise - the true goal for me is the weight loss. If there were no other people in the world, I would not care about losing weight, either, so there you go.

Maybe you could start real small? Or make it as pleasant as possible? What's your favorite type of exercise at this point?
Old 03-05-2015, 05:38 AM   #14  

Brain-storming here:
I like being around other people when I exercise.
But I don't want anyone picking on me.
I used to love riding my bike.
Used to love going out to eat after exercise classes.
I like setting my own pace.
Used to love to roller skate at a rink. Afraid of falling.
Loved to ice skate. Tried this couple years ago ankles caved in.
Loved to dance. Standing.
Liked to ski. Afraid of falling.

I'm afraid of falling now. My balance is bad. Can't stand very long either.
All the friends I used to go to exercise classes with have died.

Maybe I should see if there are any classes near here.

Thinking out loud here.
Old 03-05-2015, 08:22 AM   #15  
Hungry for Health! (-:

Lightbulb

Quote:
Brain-storming here:
I like being around other people when I exercise.
But I don't want anyone picking on me.
I used to love riding my bike.
Used to love going out to eat after exercise classes.
I like setting my own pace.
Used to love to roller skate at a rink. Afraid of falling.
Loved to ice skate. Tried this couple years ago ankles caved in.
Loved to dance. Standing.
Liked to ski. Afraid of falling.

I'm afraid of falling now. My balance is bad. Can't stand very long either.
All the friends I used to go to exercise classes with have died.

Maybe I should see if there are any classes near here.

Thinking out loud here.
Good idea to get those creative exercise thoughts flowing!

How do you feel about yoga? That might help with the balance, and other things, too.

I'm not a doctor, so I can't advise you, but do you take a multi vitamin, fish oil, and a probiotic? Those are three things that can help in a lot of areas, but you should talk to your doctor before taking any of them.