LA Weight Loss - New Year~new You! Alli Support! January

StillTryin
01-02-2008, 11:11 AM
Hello and happy new year to you all. I wanted to get this thread started so we can start supporting here and get this year off to a great start. I hope you all had a wonderful holiday season and have a super year!

With that said I will be leaving this thread to you all as I am no longer taking alli. I am going to have to opt for a different form of help as this is just not helping me. I will be counting calories or something similar. I thank you all for the support in the past and wish you all the best in your weight loss journy!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

fitbyforty
01-02-2008, 11:19 AM
Congrats on the weight loss since Aug.You have done great.

Tammy
01-03-2008, 10:37 AM
Still, thanks for starting us, but I really wish you wouldn't leave!!! Couldn't you just stay here and do your new plan?????? Please??????

When I changed my tracker the other day, I did add all the weight that I gained over the holidays, so it's official. Sure want to start moving that butterfly in the right direction soon!! Especially before I go back to the doctor!!! lol

Hope everyone has recovered from New Year's Eve celebrations!!

flom
01-03-2008, 02:04 PM
hello everyone
i purchased alli on the first but will start taking it on sunday as i'm doing a low cal / low fat diet like it suggests.
looking forward to getting to know you all. :)

StillTryin
01-03-2008, 03:46 PM
Tammy, I would love to stay....But since I am not taking alli any more I dont really belong here....I will check in from time to time...trust me! I will miss you all if I dont!

got2gethealthy
01-03-2008, 10:21 PM
still !!! dont leave us..so what you arent taking alli so what !! we have become friends and it wont be the same with out you...Please post on this board we are still on our journey and want you to be there with and for us !!:tantrum:

got2gethealthy
01-04-2008, 11:57 AM
welcome flom and fit by forty :hug: if you have any questions please ask away ! our board is a little slow right now but should pick up soon !

Tammy
01-04-2008, 09:34 PM
Welcome to the newbies!! Sometimes this place is really hopping but right now it's a bit slow. Hopefully we'll all be chatting often again soon.

still, it's ok if you aren't doing Alli, you are doing a program and you can share that info with us to give us some other ideas. I also post on a WW board. I joined there a long time ago when I did WW, and I am still posting although I'm not going to WW. I don't want to lose you!!!

I am restarting on Alli on Monday. I'm cutting back on foods this weekend, and then will start it again. I plan to start going to the Y again and get more exercise in this year.

BabyNicole
01-05-2008, 10:41 AM
I'm thinking about trying Alli since I am doing a low cal "diet." I will be starting Deliciously Yours on Friday, and have been eating well since January 1st. I'm just nervous that with starting a new "life change" and starting Alli together will do crazy things to my system. :o

What do you all think being that you are using Alli? Should I wait a little while for my body to adjust to my life style first? If so, how long?

Thanks! :hug:

RaceGrl
01-05-2008, 12:38 PM
Hello all. I'm new to Alli (just took my first pill with dinner last night) but not new to eating low fat. I've lost 80 lbs. since March 2006 but fell off the wagon since October and gained back 15 lbs. Off and running again on January 1st and decided that Alli is the boost I needed. 48 lbs to my goal weight. So happy to have found this forum.

Thanks all.

got2gethealthy
01-05-2008, 01:34 PM
:welcome::welcome: Alli is a great tool. just watch the fat intake and dont go over the recommended amount of fat you are to eat..I never had t.e."s (terrible effects) using Alli. It sure made me think twice about eating cookies and ice cream and pizza (my weakness) I was never jittery and it didnt affect my blood pressure either. As long as you go low fat before you start Alli
things should be ok.

Tammy I am glad you are going back to the y. I am back on Alli too. it keeps me away from my "friendly" enemies !

AS for me i am doing great !! walking every day with my dog and signed up for some school classes in office programs. Still need to work on the night time eating , but feel really positive about the upcoming year !! :D

Bionic Beach Babe
01-05-2008, 03:25 PM
I am thinking of trying Alli...Where is the best price place to buy it. I am in my 70s..Am I too old to take it?

got2gethealthy
01-05-2008, 05:14 PM
Welcome bionic :hug: I have been on alli since aug. and have had no problems with it. I have found that Alli runs about the same everywhere. what is different are the amounts in the bottle. get the starter pak first, the info inside is great. amazon.com has good prices but again, it is a 2 pk with more so it does cost more, but you save in the long run. Try target and walmart also. P.s. i am 55 and have had no problems. my dr. gave me a RX for orlistat ( stronger than Alli ) but insurance wont cover it and I cant afford 170.00 a month. oh well..

Bionic Beach Babe
01-05-2008, 07:37 PM
Thanks new friend...information very helpful. No Walmart around here and nearest Target is 20 miles away...I will check Amazon.com..thanks loads. Good luck to you always.

Briefasa Hime
01-05-2008, 09:34 PM
My doctor gave me the okay to try alli (since I'm younger than 18), and I started today.
I figured since I eat a very low-fat diet now that it can help me a lot!

Tammy
01-05-2008, 09:37 PM
Nicole, I don't know what Deliciously Yours is. I changed eating habits for several days before I started taking Alli in August. I didn't have any of the problems (TE) that are talked about.

Racegrl, your 80 pound loss is terrific!! That amount you gained will come off quickly with the Alli boost and your willpower. Glad you found the group!!

Sue, I'm glad that I'm going back to the Y also. I know that I'll feel better. Also eating healthier again and taking the Alli will be a plus. I still find that I eat when hubby eats. He is supposed to eat more often, and I end up doing the same thing only I eat too much!

Hey Bionic! Glad to have you here. I ordered Alli from Amazon.com. It was cheaper than what I saw in any of the stores especially since I ordered other things and was able to get free shipping. Did some Christmas shopping then. I'm 52, and I didn't have any problems when I started taking it. I'm on different meds for fibromyalgia, arthritis, and blood pressure, and there has been no problems.

bobbigene
01-06-2008, 10:11 AM
Well I'm off to a slow start this year. Didn't lose last week, but didn't gain either. If I remember correctly, that's what happened last year when I started alli. I'll admit that I splurged a couple of times last week so that's more than likely the reason I didn't lose anything! I'll be better this week now that the holidays are really over.

BabyNicole
01-06-2008, 01:58 PM
Nicole, I don't know what Deliciously Yours is. I changed eating habits for several days before I started taking Alli in August. I didn't have any of the problems (TE) that are talked about.

Racegrl, your 80 pound loss is terrific!! That amount you gained will come off quickly with the Alli boost and your willpower. Glad you found the group!!

Sue, I'm glad that I'm going back to the Y also. I know that I'll feel better. Also eating healthier again and taking the Alli will be a plus. I still find that I eat when hubby eats. He is supposed to eat more often, and I end up doing the same thing only I eat too much!

Hey Bionic! Glad to have you here. I ordered Alli from Amazon.com. It was cheaper than what I saw in any of the stores especially since I ordered other things and was able to get free shipping. Did some Christmas shopping then. I'm 52, and I didn't have any problems when I started taking it. I'm on different meds for fibromyalgia, arthritis, and blood pressure, and there has been no problems.

That's the ediets delivery program. :D

got2gethealthy
01-06-2008, 03:44 PM
Bobbigene and Tammy - glad you are both still on board whew !

the only "problem" i had with alli is eating a higher fat amount than i ever did when dieting. Unless the fat was in a form of a pizza or a cookie i never ate alot of fat. i switched to higher fat dairy but found out that was the wrong fat to have ( low fat dairy) So you see this board will help us all when we get confuzed :dizzy: keep posting and we will get there.

StillTryin
01-07-2008, 11:54 AM
OK, You all are GREAT! I will stay and POST.. I did take it for a while...and it DOES WORK! SO i will be here to support you all and all of the new people who begin taking it! GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!

Tammy
01-07-2008, 02:20 PM
I just lost my post. Now I have to remember what I said!

bobbigene, I agree about the holiday goodies. I kept thinking things would disappear, and they did. Right into my mouth!!! It has to be better for all of us getting back into a routine with normal foods.

Nicole, I didn't know that ediets had a meal delivery thing. I am so out of the loop most of the time.

Have to agree about the higher fat issue. There were some meals, especially breakfast, when there is no way I would ever eat that much fat. I tried to increase it where I could in order to take the alli. I have always used the low fat Yogurt. I like to use skim or 1% milk. I'm the only one who uses it, and it always goes bad before I can get it used.

Still, I am totally thrilled that you are staying around!!! It just wouldn't be the same without you here. You can give us all advice and tell us about the plan that you are doing.

I did start again today. I planned to go to the Y this morning, and I haven't been there yet. Haven't felt the best. We ate at Red Lobster for dinner yesterday, and I don't know if it's the after affects of the seafood or what. I am starting to feel better, so after I get some things out of the dryer, I might head for the Y.

Hope you are all having a great Alli day!!

BabyNicole
01-07-2008, 02:47 PM
I think I'm gonna go to CVS today and get the Alli starter pack. :carrot:

Tammy
01-07-2008, 03:52 PM
Nicole, you go girl!! We'll be here for you to answer any questions. Just let us know!!

Bionic Beach Babe
01-07-2008, 04:54 PM
Hi Girls. I am back and still debating about the Alli...Thanks for telling me about the lower price at Amazon. I need to know, Can you eat chicken or its that too fat? Are you suppose to eat more fat or less? Can some of you tell me what you eat?

I have Good BP...but have 2 Artificial Knees and Hips because of Osteoarthritis...Bad joints but good bones...My hubby and I go to Water Arobics 3 times a week and going to try a dance exercise class.

Also another question...How do I find this site each time...."Alli Group" Thanks loads...

BabyNicole
01-07-2008, 06:44 PM
Nicole, you go girl!! We'll be here for you to answer any questions. Just let us know!!

I just got it! :carrot: I paid $49.99 for the 90 pill starter kit and my mom, cousin, and I are starting tomorrow! I hope I don't get too many "runny" side effects. :o LOL

BabyNicole
01-07-2008, 06:47 PM
Hi Girls. I am back and still debating about the Alli...Thanks for telling me about the lower price at Amazon. I need to know, Can you eat chicken or its that too fat? Are you suppose to eat more fat or less? Can some of you tell me what you eat?

I have Good BP...but have 2 Artificial Knees and Hips because of Osteoarthritis...Bad joints but good bones...My hubby and I go to Water Arobics 3 times a week and going to try a dance exercise class.

Also another question...How do I find this site each time...."Alli Group" Thanks loads...

On Alli you have to eat a low fat diet or else you will get some oily stools. :o ;) I do recommend, though, that since you have some preexisting health conditions, you speak to your primary care physician just to be on the safe side!

got2gethealthy
01-07-2008, 09:07 PM
Still - I am soooo happy you are with us !!! we all love you so !!:hug:

Bionic--you should get the starter pack first too i think. go only to target.com, walmart.com cvs.com any of those site will send it too you and it wont be as much out of pocket. the information is really needed to understand the plan.. i dont see why bad joints would be a problem. but i think you should check with the doc if you are taking meds for anything.

i lost 2 pounds last week !!! so walking is helping me lose a little faster.

chicken is ok to eat. just watch salad dressings fried foods cookies cakes and pizza !!! dont eat those on alli!

i started school today to learn office programs at an adult education place. i was sooo nervous. almost chickened out but i didnt and i really enjoyed it

wannabeahotmama
01-07-2008, 10:13 PM
I have been wanting to take Alli for a while now, but I was pregnant and now I am still breastfeeding so I can't take it until I stop breastfeeding. But I am planning on breastfeeding until June, unfortunatly though I want to be at my goal weight by June. But if I am not you will hear from me then!

Tammy
01-07-2008, 11:02 PM
Bionic, the starter kit comes with lots of information about the program. When I have chicken, I usually bake or broil or grill a breast without skin. I know for my height and weight, I am supposed to eat 1800 calories a day and 19 grams of fat per meal. I started Alli during the summer, but stopped taking it and really watching when my hubby was ill in September. Today is my first day back on!
I have osteoarthritis in my knees and lower spine. I've had no problems taking the Alli with the meds that I'm on. I have been taking water aerobics classes for a couple years. Good for you for getting in the exercise!!

To find this place, go to Diet Central, then to General Diet Plans and Questions. Just scroll through the list and look for the most recent Alli thread. The month will be in the title. (I hope.)

Nicole, good for all of you!! Keep us posted on what you think! I haven't had those side effects even when I have gone way over on the fat for a meal. Everyone is different. The people I know who have been taking it, haven't had any of those problems either.

got2, (it's sue, right?), good for you on the 2 pounds!! Good for you for not chickening out for the classes!!! You be so proud of yourself when you get finished.

wannabe, cute baby!! Good luck on getting to your goal weight!!

I made it to the Y this afternoon. Bad time to go. Too many people!!! I did use the machines in the cardio room for a little over 30 minutes. Came home, and then the dog and I took a walk.

BabyNicole
01-08-2008, 12:50 PM
So I took my first pill this morning! I hope I don't have to run to the bathroom during class! That's the worst thing about being a teacher...I can't just go to the bathroom when I want! :o LOLOL

Bionic Beach Babe
01-08-2008, 04:17 PM
Thank you for all the answers....as far as meds I take...Just Celebrex...and all kinds of Vitamins....other than the joints i am in very good health.

I see on Amazon.com you can buy Alli (starter kit) for as low as 99 cents plus about $8 shipping...but looks like it comes from other countries...If I buy Alli and pay the full price of around $46.00 is it made here in our country. After the scare of things from China I wonder....

I understand by your letters, you are to stay away from junk food, Which is good.

Thank you for sharing the information. Looks like a great group of people here. Best to you all.

Going to travel to Target Thursday...Our Walmart is 120 miles away. Darn!

got2gethealthy
01-08-2008, 06:38 PM
Hi all ! bionic if something is too good to be true it probably is.. i wouldnt go there ! amazon.com is a great site but dont pay lower than the going rate of alli ! make sure you get the starter kit !!

going for a walk take care.......sue

Tammy
01-08-2008, 06:53 PM
Nicole, this is my first year of retirement after teaching for 30 years. I can relate about using the restroom. If you are doing the alli program right, you shouldn't have any emergencies. Only if you overdo on the fat.

bionic, I took celebrex at one time, and it did absolutely nothing for me. I was put on relafen, and that worked much better. I'm with you on the ordering. I wouldn't go for the 99cents alli.

Well, I thought this morning that I'd take the dog for a walk today after I finished all of my errands & meetings for the day. Not. It is pouring down rain. We're supposed to get some nasty thunderstorms and wind later this evening. I have another meeting at 7:00. I really don't want to go out in the rain, but I will.

Bionic Beach Babe
01-08-2008, 08:04 PM
Thanks both of you. Will price it at Costco...Walgreens is 47.95 but that is with mailing in a $12 rebate...Rite Aid is 49.95....and no mailing in any thing...So unless Costco is much cheaper...It will be Rite Aid for sure.

Tammy: Thanks for telling me about the Relafen. I will look into it though Celebrex has been good for me these past 8 years....

Told my sister about this site and she might join us on Alli...thanks you for being so kind....

bobbigene
01-08-2008, 08:17 PM
Hi everyone! Glad to see all the posts and the joint is jumping! I had a pretty good day today - no splurges and stayed in my fat limits. It feels good to be back on plan, writing things down, looking at the nutrition labels, etc. Routine can be a good thing after the chaos of the holidays.

Tammy
01-09-2008, 07:08 AM
bionic, we'd be glad to welcome your sister to the site!!! The more, the merrier!! We can get more ideas and help from each other that way.

bobbigene, I have to agree that it does feel good to be back into a routine after the holidays. I was on the go all day yesterday, and even with eating out I feel like I did well with my choices. I sure hope today isn't as hectic. I can't handle 2 days in a row like that!! lol

Hope everyone has a wonderful Wednesday!!!

Shy Moment
01-09-2008, 09:59 PM
My gosh I haven't been able to find you all the whole year. Since there is no way I can catch up lol. Hope everyone is doing well. Weight loss happened if with the holidays and your lives are happy and healthy.

Tammy
01-10-2008, 06:10 AM
Shy, glad that you caught up with the group!!!

I told hubby last night to push me out of the house about 8:00 to go to the Y. I have to get back into the habit of doing that at least 3 days a week. That was part of my new year's goal.

got2gethealthy
01-10-2008, 01:30 PM
Shy... there you are i was worried about you !:hug: how are you doing ?

Tammy i know going to the y is tough right now but you and i know that after a week or so you will feel bad if you dont go ! good luck on keep on keeping on !!

i am going to get back on alli soon. i thought i could "just do it myself" and go from there, that was until i was face to face with a huge bean and cheese burrito with sour cream and guacamole ! although i only ate half and gave the rest to my son, i know i wouldnt have even thought to eat it if i was on alli ! gad could you just imagine what that would have happened :o. Then there was the coconut choclate chip cookie , i lesson i needed to learn.

have a great day allicats !! How are our newbies doing ? dont forget to chat with us !! ;)

mdm20
01-10-2008, 08:40 PM
Hello everyone I just started Alli today after gaining around 20 pounds since summer... I think its due to stress and emotional eating. I was doing so well over the summer too... with no help just calorie counting and walking. Hopefully I can stick to this because I never thought I'd weigh this much. But anyway I just wanted to say hello and talk to people taking Alli as well :)

got2gethealthy
01-10-2008, 10:00 PM
Welcome Mdm...we are all here to support each other, so any questions, hints defeats or success we all are here waiting to hear. :carrot: good luck...sue

Shy Moment
01-11-2008, 01:38 AM
got2
Doing pretty good. Weight loss is slow but at least it is there. I really want the secret of eating the calories and such we are suppose to eat and still losing 5lbs a week lol. Thank you for talking about that burrito, oh yuck I don't want to eat now lol. How have you been?

Tammy
I don't know why I couldn't find everyone. Glad I did. I have missed you all. Exercise is good for us. I do walking/aerobic videos a couple of times a day and resistance training a couple times a week. I don't have to leave the house. We don't even have a gym anywhere close except the Y and it is 500 dollars a year to go there.

chubbystress
01-11-2008, 02:04 AM
I ALL JUST WANTED TO JOIN YOU ALL.... I BEEN TAKING ALLI FOR ABOUT ONE AND HALF WEEKS NO WEIGHT CHANGE BUT I THINK I HAVE LOST INCHES .... SO WHAT ARE YOU ALL EATTING??? I BEEN WALKING 2 MILES EVERYDAY AND NOT GETTING ANYWHERE...:?:... BIG HUGS TONYA

got2gethealthy
01-11-2008, 04:15 AM
shy..i noticed ANOTHER cheerleader !! congratulations- 40 pounds wow. i long for just 5. i have been walking to try to lose weight and get out of the house, but today at the final check up for my knee, he gave me another 10 weeks off. and no walking ! so now what.

got2gethealthy
01-11-2008, 04:18 AM
tonya, walking may be giving you some leg muscles that is why you are not showing a loss yet.. my weight loss is very slow then suddenly i will have a 3 - 5 pound weight loss. be sure to eat you calorie range and drink the water too. What is your food intake like ?

Tammy
01-11-2008, 07:41 AM
Well, I made it to the Y yesterday!! I spent time on the machines in the cardio room, then I rode the bike, then walked on the treadmill. I felt pretty good!! THEN my back started hurting last night. Had trouble sleeping because of the Pain. I don't get it. Those machines are the same ones that I used when I had physical therapy for the back pain. I know that I didn't overdo it. I just took 1/2 of a vicodin for the pain, and I'll be going back to bed soon.

When we return from our trip to GA (month of Feb.), I plan to get together with the gal from the Y who works with people on a fitness program. It is free for Y members who have the cardio option on their membership. That's me!

Sue, that burrito sounds yummy! When I was doing Alli before I took my lengthy break from it, I would have eaten half of that and saved the rest for the next day. I really didn't have TE from eating stuff like that. I know on days when I would overdo on the fat at one meal, I made sure that I didn't overdo or I even went lower on other meals that day. Maybe that's why it never bothered me? Had a chuckle about the cookie!!!

Sorry to hear about the no walking! Hopefully the time will go quickly for you.

If my back feels better later today, I plan to hit a mall. I have a coupon for Borders/Walden books, and another one for CJBanks that are eating holes in my pockets. My son gave me a gift certificate for CJBanks, so with the coupon I can go crazy!!

We finally set a date to head south. We leave here on Jan. 29. We'll take a couple days to get there, but we'll be in Jekyll Island, GA, on Jan. 31. I'm really looking forward to the time away and hopefully warmer weather!! We leave there on Feb. 28 and head to Disney World. My nephews will be marching in a parade there with their HS band. That's the school I retired from, so I know most of the kids. It will be fun. From there we head to Tampa to visit Hubby's brothers and their families. We'll be back in Ohio sometime the first week of March. I have a laptop that I'm taking along, so I will still be able to be in touch.

mdm, welcome to the crew!!! Stress can do weird things to our bodies, that's for sure. Keep a positive attitude, come here and post, and we'll all be doing what we need to as a group!! We can encourage each other, and I do think that helps.

Shy, only losing 5 pounds a week? I want 10 or 20!!! lol I think we both know that slow and steady is the game, and we are both on the slow plan. I have one of the Leslie Sansome dvd's that I haven't even tried yet. I need to get in gear!! I did just rejoin the Y this week. I got a single membership with the cardio room option. With taxes, the total was $540 for a year. I'm not sure how much it is a month because they do have that option. Bob told me to just pay for the year, and then I don't have to think about it. If I find that I don't use it as much as I need to, I won't renew next year.

chubbystress, welcome to you also!!!! Love that picture of the rose!! When I first started on alli last summer, I didn't lose right away either. But then I'd have a big drop. I think our bodies take some getting used to a different way of eating. Don't give up!! I know once I started losing, I was doing great until my husband became ill in Sept., then I went off the program. Should have kept it up, but at that time I had more on my mind than losing weight. I am impressed that you are walking 2 miles a day! WOW!!! I feel good if I walk 1 mile anymore. When I was still working, I was easily getting in the walking, but now since I've retired and hubby has been ill, I just don't get out and do as much as I used to. Keep up the good work and keep posting here. We all need to support each other in this new journey in our lives.

got2gethealthy
01-11-2008, 10:54 AM
Tammy sounds you are off to a good start with the exercise and back to eating good. you sound like you are going to have quite the adventure with all that traveling. I am glad your husband is well enough to travel and get around now. what an ordeal for the both of you !!

Have a good day all !

Shy Moment
01-11-2008, 11:13 AM
Tammy
I am remodeling a house lol. 500 dollars will put a new wood floor in another room lol. I love leslie, I have about 10 or 12 of them now. I do a different one twice a day. Hope your back starts feeling better. Maybe you used the machines a bit differently when you were doing therapy. When I had the frozen shoulder. I was doing most of the upper body workout that I am doing now. That is the only way I know I am doing it right for sure lol.

Tammy
01-11-2008, 11:52 AM
I just reread my message. My Y membership with taxes was $440 not $540.

Sue,when we head south, I'll be doing most of the driving. That's why we aren't driving straight through like we used to do. Hubby still isn't sure if he'll be going to Disney to watch the parade though. I do feel like I've been doing well this week. Hopefully I'll lose a pound or two soon.

Shy, I know the Y is alot of money. Our house isn't very old, so we really don't have much here to spend it on. lol You might be right about the way I was using the machines. Maybe I'll be super careful when I go to the Y again, and do less weight and/or less repetitions.

I haven't done much today. A load of laundry is about it. I did get cards addressed for birthdays. I wanted to do that before we leave because there are several that I need to mail from GA. I need to remember to put them someplace where I won't forget them!!

Bionic Beach Babe
01-11-2008, 07:14 PM
Hi Everyone...I got Alli late yesterday at Costco...150 starter kit for $64.00...Very good buy...

I will be reading the information and checking in at their web site and Starting the Alli Program Monday. They say to eat low fat a couple days before starting.

I wish you girls all the best in the world and thank you for your help.

Back Monday....

BabyNicole
01-11-2008, 10:25 PM
Hi Everyone...I got Alli late yesterday at Costco...150 starter kit for $64.00...Very good buy...

I will be reading the information and checking in at their web site and Starting the Alli Program Monday. They say to eat low fat a couple days before starting.

I wish you girls all the best in the world and thank you for your help.

Back Monday....

Congrats! I really love the Alli so far! :carrot: I can't wait to hear about your experiences.

Shy Moment
01-11-2008, 11:30 PM
Tammy
The reason I thought that was one of the upper body exercises I am doing is laying on the floor, lifting weights over my head to the floor and then back to my sides. I was doing the same thing with a cane with weights on it for therapy. I was hurting my shoulder with the weights. I realized I didn't have my hands out far enough. As soon as I moved them out just a couple more inches, no more shoulder pain. Not doing something quite right really makes a difference. Great find, went to an auction for an old house. I was talking to the owner and I got all the hard wood flooring from one of the rooms ( they are tearing the house down ) for 100 dollars. My gosh I couldn't have bought that at any store for less than probably 1000 dollars.

Tammy
01-11-2008, 11:37 PM
Way to go Bionic! I think that is a great buy for the starter kit with so many in it.

Shy, I think when I go back to the Y on Monday, I'll check to see if there is anyone around who could show me on the machines to make sure that I'm using them right. You did great on getting that flooring!!!! Woo hoo!!!

Just chatted with my son. He is an RA this semester. Since he is flying to GA for 4 nights in Feb., he can't come home for a weekend in Jan. before we leave. I've been in tears, and I know that is silly. We can go to see him, but it will only be for a few hours. He mentioned not seeing the dog till March, so maybe we can take the dog with us when we go visit. Kind of puts a damper on going out to eat though. lol

Shy Moment
01-12-2008, 01:59 AM
Tammy
I did use the blow flex when the hubby was home. He of course says leave it alone you are going to hurt yourself lol. I find I would rather do my walking/vidoes and exercises with the stretch cords than mess with that machine.

Brighten
01-12-2008, 11:06 AM
Hi Sis, I finally found this site and registered. Hello everyone! Bionic Beach Babe is my sister. I am set to start the "Alli" program on Monday the 14th of January. I will most likely not check in every day but when I do I will try to encourage all of you. I myself need lots of encouragement and push!
My pledge to you is: I will walk at least 20 minutes three days a week rain or shine...That's saying a lot since I live in the beautiful NW where we get lots of rain!
Have a great day everyone...I hope I fit in here.

Brighten

got2gethealthy
01-12-2008, 12:36 PM
welcome brighton of course you fit in here !! we are all happy to have you with us :carrot: any questions ask away !!

bionic that was a great deal on Alli ! dont forget to sign up at the alli site as you get rewards for staying on the program. The site is very confusing i like it here better but it does have infor that may be of help to you..

Good luck alli cats ! sue

Brighten
01-12-2008, 08:32 PM
Thanks for the welcome Sue.

Sis you must have missed my post since you did not comment?

I could not eat dinner tonight because of an upset tummy:dizzy: so will be better able to start a very low-fat program tomorrow.

I was happy to read some people still drink Lattes...I want to cut back on my coffee:coffee2: since I drink it with creamer and Splenda.

Addicted :yikes:to Diet Pepsi...cannot find info about whether it's not allowed on Alli program?

See you all on Monday.

Brighten:flow1:

Tammy
01-12-2008, 09:57 PM
Shy, I'm sure I would hurt myself with the bow flex machine. I was on a machine at the Y the other day, and I got off of it when I realized that I was going to do some terrible damage to myself OR the machine. I went for a walk today, and it felt good. My lower back was hurting by the time I got back. I only was gone about 15 minutes, but that's usually when it starts to hurt.

Welcome to Brighten!! Glad that you found us. We're glad to have someone else to talk to as we get healthier in 2008. I am also a Diet Pepsi drinker. I drink it all the time. Hope your tummy feels better!!

I ate very well today, so maybe one of these years I'll have a loss. Still haven't started TOM. I wish this menopause deal would make up it's mind!!!

mdm20
01-12-2008, 10:27 PM
Hey Everyone I wanted to ask is everyone eating their targeted amount? and would it be ok not too because I don't feel hungry enough to eat more. I bought a lot of fat free foods to replace the fatty things in my diet and like today I only had 1100... and i think my target was 1800 or something like that not sure I'll have to double check and probably like half the fat grams is all im taking in. I've lost 5lbs since i started the lowfat diet and then alli after the 3 days. Then of course I have only excerised about 20 mins a day just walking... I also started taking hoodia today. i take 2 500mg before dinner and lunch but if I have to eat more I will... I just don't want to get stuck in a few weeks/month and have nowhere to drop my calories if I'm making any sense. Oh and I had a few side effects today but not nothing to stop me from taking it. How is everyone else doing?

got2gethealthy
01-13-2008, 01:53 PM
mdm the hardest thing for me is getting my fat grams and cals. up there ! years and years of low fat dieting, for me was the hardest part. you said you bought fat free things at the store, i assume that was dairy products ? try the low fat kind next time you buy them. it puts your fat grams higher. I don't think hitting your fat grams is too much of a mistake. Ladies, what do you think ? Just make sure to hit close to you cal grams. i never made it to 1800 a day. i tried 1500 -1400 and it seemed to work ok for me. just dont go lower than that. Your body will hold on to all the fat it can if you go lower than that . I only got my fat grams in when i wasnt on alli eating pizza, cookies, ice cream, and junk. Alli kept me away from that so i lost weight.

Brighten the only pure endulgence i give myself is coffee with creamer in the morning ! I say enjoy it ! plus it helped get my fat grams up there too. I use to drink soda too. not much but a little. I read where the phosphate in the carbination pulls calcium from your bones and dark sodas can give a person bladder cancer. but that was last week i am sure that in a few weeks they will change their minds and say it prevents cancer and strenghtens bones !!

have a great sunday alli cats !! sue

mdm20
01-13-2008, 04:49 PM
Thanks Sue I really wasn't sure and yes it was the cheese and butter that had a lot of fat grams and so i got fat free in those but I think I will get the lowfat cheese then. I like soda I usually drink diet but where I have been trying to drink a lot of water I can't seem to fit it in which I guess is good. Other than that I have been drinking tea like a cup of Oolong and then in the evening green. Have any of you had any side effects from alli by the way? Oh and I forgot to tell everyone my name ... silly me lol It's Melissa.

Tammy
01-13-2008, 06:43 PM
Melissa, I honestly don't think you are eating enough if you are only getting 1100 calories. The more we weigh, the more we are supposed to eat in order to lose weight. That doesn't mean we go out and eat 2000+ calories a day, but if it says you should eat 1800, aim for that amount. If you go too low in your calories, your body can go into a starvation mode, and that isn't going to help you at all. We need to be doing something that we can do as a lifestyle change, not just a quick switch to lose lots of weight quickly only to put it back on when/if we start to eat "normally" again. I'm in the "lose weight slowly club". lol

A friend of mine swore by eating low calorie. Granted she was losing on 1000 a day, but then her weight loss stopped. So, she dropped her calorie intake. I think her doctor finally convinced her that eating 500-800 calories just wasn't healthy, and it wasn't something that she could do for the rest of her life. She bumped her calories back up to 1400-160, and she started losing again. She is 5'2".

I really haven't had the side effects that some have had with Alli. As I said in another post, if I do go over on my fat grams for a meal, I try to balance it out for the day by going lower in other meals. I think maybe once way last fall when I was following the program faithfully, I had one of the treatment effects, but it wasn't anything like I was fearing.

Hubby and I went out for a late lunch to a Mexican restaurant near here. Delicious food!! I had grilled chicken with grilled vegies, rice, and refried beans. I ate most of the chicken and vegies but I left quite a bit of the other stuff on the plate. It sure was yummy!!

Goal for this week: go to the Y at least 3 days this week. I was reading my Arthritis Today magazine, and it mentioned not going crazy at first trying to do it all. Since I hadn't been going to the Y except for water aerobics since September, I decided to play it smart. I'll start with 3 days a week with 30-45 minutes each time. I do plan to go to the water aerobics class tomorrow night to visit with everyone. I didn't sign up for this session since I knew we'd be leaving halfway through. The instructor told me that I could come to the classes as her guest until we leave. They've had 3 classes already, and I haven't made it there yet.

Hope you all are having a great weekend!!!

Bionic Beach Babe
01-13-2008, 10:02 PM
Mellisa. Tammy,Brighten and any other Gals

I am all set...Went to Alli Site and read and switched some of the meals for the week, printed them out, all filed neatly with protector covers on them, stored in a binder ready to go to town with new program tomorrow.

Did the exercise page all up to date with what I am pledged to do.

Problem I have is drinking enough water!!!!! some days, when the weather is cold I am lucky to get down 2 glasses all day. Not enough.

Watch for all of you tomorrow...Remember, Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it....Anne of Green Gables

Shy Moment
01-14-2008, 12:58 AM
Bionic
Remember you do need a certain amount of fluids a day. That does include what you are eating too.

Tammy
My family doctor and the dietitian/nutritionist told me no adult should eat under 1200 calories a day. Don't ask me how I did it but I jammed one of the pulleys lol.

mdm
Hope you do great, can't wait to see the progress you make.

got2
I agree and fat free tastes nasty lol. We want to make sure we are taking in the good fat and not the bad fat.

Brighten
Welcome, hope you do very well.

Tammy
01-14-2008, 06:52 AM
bionic, I sometimes don't drink enough water either, but I am doing much better with that. You really sound ready to get started today!! Good luck to you!! Keep us posted on how you are doing.

Shy, I was thinking the same thing about the 1200 calories. When my friend was doing that low calorie thing, she was driving us all crazy because we knew she wasn't eating enough to keep going. She was a teacher also, and she would be grumpy with her class, and I didn't like that. lol

I'll be heading to the Y in about an hour. I know they are open now, but I'm not sure how busy they are first thing. I figure there are people there before they head for work.

Have a great day everyone!!

Brighten
01-14-2008, 01:33 PM
Started off my morning with a very good breakfast...the Alli breakfast burrito! I am full!:carrot:

Melissa, have you read/seen if we are NOT to drink Diet soda? I admit to being addicted:stars: to Diet Pepsi...trying not to drink it until I get a answer to if it's permissible on Alli. I am not going to drink coffee in the mornings any longer but switch to tea.

Tammy, thanks for the encouragement.

Hello Shy!

Sis, :hug:how is your morning starting out? I am okay and looking forward to our first check in date. I know we will both do well by encouraging the other along the way. Dear HB is reading the book so he can understand and support me with the Alli program. He is a doll!

I love you,
Brighten

Tammy
01-14-2008, 01:45 PM
Brighten, I've never read anything about not drinking Diet Soda. No sugar, no fat, so I don't know why you couldn't drink it.

I was at the Y this morning. I rode the encumbant bike for 35 minutes, walked for 15 minutes, and did some reps on a couple of the cardio machines. I need to go earlier the next time because it was getting crowded. I don't like crowds.

Have a good day!!

OK. I just checked on the Alli site, and I found where it lists beverages that we can drink. Sugar free sodas are listed, so go for it!!

Brighten
01-14-2008, 02:45 PM
Tammy, thank you for the information...I have to admit I am relieved since I truly enjoyhat: my Diet Pepsi. But I will give up my coffee :coffee:: and stick to a non-fat, sugar free Vanilly Latte once in a while for a treat.

I am thinking of re-joining our fitness center...they have a pool, all the equipment one needs. You spur me on.

Thanks again,

Brighten

barbmarie
01-14-2008, 07:35 PM
Hi room, just started Alli today. I have been here on and off for years, and hope this will give me the little incentive I need to succeed. I have done Atkins, WW, and Nutrisystem in the past, losing about 20lbs with each but gaining some back whenever I try to do it on my own. I LOVE fast food, Mcdonalds breakfast specifically, but am hoping the "treatment effects" will be the needed incentive to finally keep me away! Hope you have room for one more!
Barb

Brighten
01-14-2008, 08:51 PM
Today was a good day...even walked my 20 minutes! I am proud of that because I am healing from a fractured leg and it poured! :rain:

Barb, join :wel3fc:the troups honey, we've all most likely been there...I for one certainly have!

I love the Alli program the way it's set up to list our nutrition, our water, our exercise and even journalize...I believe in Journals!

I ended up listing all my meals by ingredient even though I stuck to their recipes to the "T"...the totals came out higher than theirs! I wonder:shrug: if one can click on something and their totals will list for each recipe??? Any one know?:dunno:

Have a great Jan 15th all!:cheer:

Brighten

Tammy
01-14-2008, 09:14 PM
Brighten, I don't think you have to cut out coffee either. I'm pretty sure that was listed. I just returned home from the Y. I went to a water aerobics class. It felt so good!! We all went into the whirlpool afterwards. That always feels great. If you have a fitness center near you, I say Go For It!!
Good for you for going for that walk!! Doesn't it make you feel good? I don't journal my food at the alli site. I do it on another site that it won't let me type on here. I also don't follow the alli meal plans.

Hi Barb! Welcome to the group! I also like fast foods, but I have learned to make better decisions. The alli really helps you think about what you really want to eat. Glad you can join us!!

Goal for tomorrow is to walk and do some arm machines in the cardio room at the Y. I'd like to be there earlier tomorrow since it was starting to get busy today when I was there.

Shy Moment
01-14-2008, 09:55 PM
Brighten
Nice of you to get the body moving but please take it easy so you don't over do it.

Barb WELCOME
There is always room for one more. For some people not wanting to have the treatment effects are more than enough incentive to stick to the eating plan.

Tammy
YUCK diet pop oh that is just nasty lol. From time to time I am under 1200 but I make up for it on other days lol.

mdm20
01-15-2008, 04:43 AM
Thanks for the advice tammy & everyone else :) everyone is so helpful... and Brighten I haven't seen anything on it but I mean it is diet and no calories or fat grams... I'm addicted to but I haven't had any because I wasn't sure either if i see anything I'll let you know. Welcome barb :)

Tammy
01-15-2008, 01:17 PM
Shy, I guess I have gotten used to the diet pop. With diabetics in the family, it has just always been there. It's much better than it used to be, that's for sure.

mdm, I really like the support and advice that I receive here. It helps me make it through some rough days.

I went to the Y again this morning. I told hubby that I might go every day this week, just to get into the habit of getting up and going. We leave for Georgia 2 weeks from today!! Need to get in there and work out all I can before we leave.

barbmarie
01-15-2008, 03:49 PM
Thanks for the welcome all. Finished up my grocery shopping and instead of grabbing a burger on the way home, stopped at Subway! Its great and only 6gms of fat. So far so good!

Barb

Brighten
01-15-2008, 05:40 PM
Hey:wave: Barb, just noticed you are in my neighborhood...well almost.:)

I live up next the the Canadian border...Lynden!

My first day on Alli was a good day...today (the second day) is a bit more difficult. I had a luncheon today...ordered a cup of split pea soup and ate half the bun that came with it...very high in sodium but okay otherwise.
I seem to be a bit hungry today and have a slight :headache:headache.

I am so determined to keep on this program. I pray when I start taking the pills Thursday that I have no problem with them.

Oh, I had one diet Pepsi yesterday and am nursing one today. I should clarify that I do drink the caffinated kind.

That Subway sand was a great :carrot:choice Barb.

Brighten

Tammy
01-15-2008, 09:02 PM
Barb, Subway was a great choice! I had a McDonalds's cheeseburger! lol

Brighten, if you are cutting back on the amount of coffee and diet soda, that could account for the headache. Make sure you are eating enough calories so you won't get hungry.

Our local Christian radio station is doing a healthy new year program. It's not about losing weight, just making healthier choices. They are giving out healthy tips each day, and for people who signed up by last week, they are sending emails with tips, recipes, and I'm not sure what all. I haven't read today's email yet. I have volunteered at the station for their fund raiser in the fall and for a Christmas wish program they did in December. I got to answer the phones, and it was so much fun!!

I bought some fat free, sugar free vanilla ice cream at the store. Small bowl of that with part of a banana and a bit of chocolate syrup will be a nice treat on days that I have calories left to burn. lol

Brighten
01-16-2008, 02:38 PM
Hi Tammy,
Why do I have such a problem following the thread?
Each time I come on here I have to search for the last post and am still not sure if this is the lastest one?

The ice cream sounds wonderful!

I am drinking tea in the mornings now but will enjoy a latte now and again.

Have a great Jan 16th,
Brighten

Bionic Beach Babe
01-16-2008, 03:47 PM
OK girls, I am back...so busy yesterday with Yoga then driving 20 miles to buy food for Alli...All set now for sure.
Had high fiber breakfast this morning and plenty of food. Even nuts and a banana...Going to try their Pineapple chicken for lunch..

I don't usually eat lunch but early dinner around 4...but will have to change that now...and not snack all evening....

So happy to see my sis here...I love you sis.

Oh question, One of the meals calls for Cranberry juice...can a person switch to pineapple juice?...The things on the can say so close to each other...

Also can a person print out a journal page?I find the booklet too small and rather print one and put it on my refrigerator...

My best to all of you. Back later or tomorrow

Tammy
01-16-2008, 08:16 PM
Brighten, I'm not sure why you have problems finding the posts. Maybe I've just been coming here for so long, I'm used to it. Maybe someone else can help you out. I had a small bowl of ice cream last night, and it was really good. It's Great Value brand that I get at Wal Mart.

Bionic, glad you are ready to go on your Alli trip to healthy eating!! I would think you could substitute the juices. I don't follow their eating plan, so I'm not familiar with it at all. I'm also not sure about printing out the journal page. I'm sure there has to be something you can use that would be bigger print somewhere.

Hubby and I ate at Red Lobster tonight. I tried to make good choices. I did bring half of my meal home, so that was a plus!! I honestly almost hope that I have a treatment effect because I have been a bit constipated. Too much information?? Maybe just a mild one to help me feel better. lol

Didn't make it to the Y today. I'll go in the morning. My goal was at least 3 times a week. I was there Monday morning and evening, and I was there on Tuesday morning. That counts as 3, but I'll definitely be doing more than that.

Hope to hear from everyone else!!

Bionic Beach Babe
01-16-2008, 08:59 PM
Hi Tammy, Hi Brighton.
Will I got too busy and didn't get to cook the Pineapple Chicken. Instead I had a low fat chicken sandwich. Bread only 80 cals for 2 slices plus 1 T. low fat Mayo...3 oz of chicken. finished up with 1/3 cup yogurt that I put about 1 T. diet Jello in....yum yum....oh and Ice Tea.

For dinner tonight no time to cook so had out of the freezer, Split Pea soup that I cooked turkey bacon and added...plus 8 ww crackers..Still nursing that glass of ice tea from lunch.

Must take time to drink more water...Maybe tonight in the water class, I will take in more water....smile

Tammy: The ice cream sounds so good...I will have a fruit icey when I get home tonight. I am scared that if I had ice cream in the house I wouldn't leave it alone....

All of you. Have a wonderful evening...Did any of you watch Biggest Loser Last night? It was very good....

Tammy
01-17-2008, 12:30 AM
Bionic, your meals sound good. Would you please come to my house and prepare meals for me???? Were you able to take in more water at your water class? LOL Sometimes that happens when you aren't expecting it!

I really don't do too bad with ice cream in the house. Hubby and I always have a small snack in the evening. He is supposed to eat several small meals a day because of health problems. He keeps forgetting that, and during the day I try to push food on him. Eating 3 meals a day is how we grew up, but now it's hard to change.

I have never seen the Biggest Loser. I rarely watch TV. Used to watch all the time, taped shows, and watched them later. Not sure when my big change came about.

I need to get to bed. I know the dog will have me up to go out between 4:30 and 5:00 in the morning. I don't like getting up, but at least he doesn't make a mess in the house.

Tammy
01-17-2008, 11:09 AM
Good Morning Ladies!! I've been to the Y already this morning. It felt great! I came home and took a shower, so now I am ready for whatever the day brings.
Lunch will be easy. Leftovers from Red Lobster yesterday.

Bionic Beach Babe
01-17-2008, 12:38 PM
Good Morning Tammy, Sis, and others.

Tammy: Red Lobster food sounds wonderful...We don't have one here or even a Walmart. I would like more shopping here at home because gas is getting so high. $3.45 a gallon now. You are like Brighton, getting up so early. Wow already to the Y and home...Good girl.

Brighton: I am thinking of putting our before picture on the site where a person can put them...what do you think?

I forgot to take my bottle of water to the pool last night and hate to really drink the pool water. Sure got a good work out though. Hard to wait until Monday to weigh in, but I will.

Thursday is my day with some of my daughters (I have 4). Only Mary today the others are out of town. Lunch (perhaps soup) and going to see "The Bucket List". The movie should be very good with two real stars in it.

Shopping at Costco, Winco, Bed, Bath and Beyond and Beauty Supply.
I need to buy a food scale today. So hard to guess on weight of food.

I had toasted, 1 ww Bagel / 1 T. Peanut Butter and sliced Banana on top plus cup of Herb Tea for Breakfast. For dinner this evening I plan to have Crunchy Ham, Cheese and Veggie Stacks with peaches and 1/2 cup Low Fat Cottage Cheese.

Be back later to check on you guys...enjoy your day.

Brighten
01-17-2008, 04:47 PM
Hi All,

We had a very busy day today but got an early start so was back home in time for lunch - DH always wants to eat out but I said NO:nono:...much easier for me to stick to program when I eat at home. We do have a dinner date Monday night though.

Sis, :hug:you and I had the same thing for breakfast! Yes, go ahead and put our picture :oon the sites...okay with me. It will be fun to put a new one up when you come up to get your new puppy:dance:~!

For lunch I had a roll (only 110cal and 2F) I found at the bakery in our local grocery store...turkey (Deli), pickles, tomato, lettuce, mustard and mayo (low fat)...good lunch.

Went to REI to get a new rubber tip for my walking stick (lost it a couple days ago) so now I can walk outdoors again!

Second pill of the day...no reactions.

Brighten:sunny:

Tammy
01-17-2008, 08:17 PM
Bionic, the Red Lobster we go to is about 20 miles from here, so that isn't bad at all. I'm glad Wal mart is closer. I bought gas this morning for $2.89. Still high but at least it is less than $3.00. How was "The Bucket List"? I would like to see it.

Brighten, lol. I am the one who always wants to eat out in our family!! Do you sisters live near each other? My brothers both live about 20 minutes from me in our hometown. We lived there too up until 2 years ago when we downsized.

Hubby and I just had a snack of the SF/FF ice cream, 1/2 banana each, drizzle of choc. syrup. I journaled all of my foods for the day, and I am under my maximum again. When I am exercising, I don't worry too much if I go over a little bit on the calories.

jaimie1980
01-17-2008, 08:39 PM
Hi all, I am thinking about Alli as well. I actually had it in my cart and Sams Club tonight and I put it back. It is so much to spend. I have been eating a low fat low cal diet for all of Jan. and am wondering what kind of results you are all seeing. Is it worth the money? I have lost about 7.5 pounds in the first 17 days, but I am really thinking about taking it. I have already read alot about it but there is not alot out there in the way of success stories. Can anyone with a little experience give me an idea of what I could expect while taking it? I am 192.5, 5'5" tall and I carry all of my weight in my stomach and very little any where else. Any advice or tips would be GREATLY appreciated!

Brighten
01-17-2008, 08:39 PM
Hi Tammy,

Sis and I live two states away...I live in NW Washington and she lives in NW California...:(

I will have to wait a while before purchasing the SF/FF icecream but it sure sounds great!

I had to make two desserts for our small group tonight meeting at our home...not too tempting for me since I made things that are not my favorite.
I will drink a cup of hot tea whilst they pig out!

Have a great tomorrow Tammy.

See the rest of you tomorrow.
Brighten

BabyNicole
01-17-2008, 09:05 PM
Hi All,

We had a very busy day today but got an early start so was back home in time for lunch - DH always wants to eat out but I said NO:nono:...much easier for me to stick to program when I eat at home. We do have a dinner date Monday night though.

Sis, :hug:you and I had the same thing for breakfast! Yes, go ahead and put our picture :oon the sites...okay with me. It will be fun to put a new one up when you come up to get your new puppy:dance:~!

For lunch I had a roll (only 110cal and 2F) I found at the bakery in our local grocery store...turkey (Deli), pickles, tomato, lettuce, mustard and mayo (low fat)...good lunch.

Went to REI to get a new rubber tip for my walking stick (lost it a couple days ago) so now I can walk outdoors again!

Second pill of the day...no reactions.

Brighten:sunny:

Welcome! I just have to say that your Maltese is the cutest little thing!

Bionic Beach Babe
01-17-2008, 10:17 PM
Hi All. Back from town and dinner all over.

Tammy: The movie "The Bucket List" was very good. Serious in places but also so funny in other places. Jack Nickleson said one thing that was so cute. "When you get old you have to remember 3 things. 1. Here I forgot what he said, will have to check it out. I was two busy laughing at the other two things. 2: Remember never to pass by a Rest Room and 3. Remember when you fart, it may mean more than you think.
The language was more than I really like but then again they played two very different men who look at life very different from each other, Go see it. Makes a person think.

My sister and I are very close knit. We are all we have left in that part of the family. We live a little over 700 miles apart but Email sometimes 2-4 times a day.

Sis: Will try to get the picture in tomorrow. Glad you got the rubber on your cane. I miss you.

Jamie: Welcome ! check back Monday when I weight in and I will tell you how I did. I want to weight in but will wait until my first week is over. My sis and I are new on Alli this week.

Nicole: Glad to have you with us too...

Tammy
01-17-2008, 10:42 PM
Jaimie, I know there are several people who have been using alli and following the program and having great luck. I started the end of July, and I lost 15 pounds by mid-September. I went off of it (and watching my food intake) when my husband was extremely ill and hospitalized. I'm just now starting back on it. Have you started an exercise program yet? Walking is one of the best things to do.

Brighten, well I guess you and the sis aren't too close then. That is smart to fix things you don't care for!!! Why haven't I thought of that??

Bionic, we saw a commercial for the movie tonight. Hubby said we HAVE to see that!! Maybe we can go to see it when we go south. Right now things are hectic trying to get things done around here.

I'm planning to get up and go to the Y and ride the bike and do the treadmill tomorrow. Since I did cardio machines today, I'll take a break from them.

BabyNicole
01-17-2008, 11:35 PM
Hi All. Back from town and dinner all over.

Tammy: The movie "The Bucket List" was very good. Serious in places but also so funny in other places. Jack Nickleson said one thing that was so cute. "When you get old you have to remember 3 things. 1. Here I forgot what he said, will have to check it out. I was two busy laughing at the other two things. 2: Remember never to pass by a Rest Room and 3. Remember when you fart, it may mean more than you think.
The language was more than I really like but then again they played two very different men who look at life very different from each other, Go see it. Makes a person think.

My sister and I are very close knit. We are all we have left in that part of the family. We live a little over 700 miles apart but Email sometimes 2-4 times a day.

Sis: Will try to get the picture in tomorrow. Glad you got the rubber on your cane. I miss you.

Jamie: Welcome ! check back Monday when I weight in and I will tell you how I did. I want to weight in but will wait until my first week is over. My sis and I are new on Alli this week.

Nicole: Glad to have you with us too...

Thanks! I've actually been off Alli for two days because I've been sick with Bronchitis and haven't been eating low fat foods. But, I will be back on my "diet" tomorrow. When I'm sick (other than a stomach flu) I have to eat "bad" food. :o

Tammy
01-18-2008, 01:16 PM
Nicole, sorry to hear you haven't been feeling well. I can relate to the "bad" food!

I have been a slug this morning. I told hubby last night that I thought my ears were plugging up, sinus infection or something. This morning I was so dizzy, so I took medicine and went back to bed. I feel better now, so I'm heading for the Y. Better late than never I guess.

AND I am sitting here drinking a REAL Pepsi. I already journaled the calories.

Hope to hear from everyone!!

Brighten
01-18-2008, 01:43 PM
The title is for you Tammy and your Diet Pepsi! :carrot: Sorry about your dizzyness:dizzy:, hope it's okay now? The dessert went well last night...it's all gone except for about three slices of carrot cake DH's favorite so no chance of me sneaking them!

Get well fast Nicole! Our little Maltese is four years old in March, his name is "Lil Bear" and he runs :dance:this house!

Sis I miss you so very much...cannot wait for the puppy to be born so I can go see and pick her out for you...and you come up to get her!

Slight :headache:headache today again...had part of a diet pepsi last night to try to quell it. I know it's from withdrawal from the caffein.

Well off to the showers!

Oh, Sis, I too have not weighed, I do not want to until Monday. When I went to the doctor on Wednesday she had to weigh me so I told her I would get on and close my eyes then she could weigh me...she made sure the thingys were slid back to start before I opened my eyes. tee hee I am still 5'1 so a least I have not lost more height!:cp:

See you all later......

Bionic Beach Babe
01-18-2008, 01:44 PM
Good Morning Girls, Just back from water class. Got a good work out.
B - was 1 cup Shreaded Wheat, non fat milk, 1 banana and 1 T. PB
Got some Cooked Chicken out of the freezer, so will do lunch with that.

Tammy,Baby, sorry you are both not feeling up to par. Get well fast.

I thought I was done with Spring Cleaning but remembered I still have 2 drawers in the Utility Room to do....Hubby and I are going through our books and VCRs today...Hope to finish this all up today and move on to more interesting things...Maybe weather will break for good and I can get Roses trimmed, moved and more new ones in the ground next week. Always busy here.

Sis: I posted the picture under Bionic Beach Babe. Try to post it under your name too. GIRlS: Now you can see what we look like before Alli. Sis is the one on the left and I am the one on the right.

Bionic Beach Babe
01-18-2008, 01:49 PM
Hey Sis: Good girl on the desserts last night.
Only 11 more days and my puppy will be born...Counting the days.

Glad you didn't see the weight at the doctor's office...Monday is our day.

Words can't express how much I miss you and finding it hard to wait until end of March to see you and pick up my puppy....

have a wonderful day...will write Email soon. It looks like we were typing at the same time again. I love you so much.

Tammy
01-18-2008, 04:13 PM
Bionic, you look like a friend's mother!! No kidding! You could be twins!! Are you sure you don't live in Ohio???? Good for you for getting your workout in!!

Brighten, I am drinking a Diet Mt. Dew right now, and it has caffeine. Most of the time I drink Diet Pepsi with no caffeine, but to be honest with you, there are days that the caffeine helps with some of my aches and pains. And you look like a woman that I worked with last spring on an Emmaus Walk. Too funny!!

Lil Bear is adorable!! We have a 14 year old dachsund named Kramer. He is really getting on my husband's nerves lately. Hubby is retired and since he has been sick, he rarely leaves the house. I think they are together too much. I keep trying to encourage hubby to get out of the house even if it's just to go for a drive, but it rarely happens.
That's funny about getting weighed at the doctor. I used to do that when I went to WW meetings. I told them to just write it down, and I would stuff my card in my purse. Glad to hear you are stil 5'1"!! I am 5'8".

I went to the Y, and I rode the recumbant bike for 35 min. and walked on the treadmill for 20. Not sure if I'll get there tomorrow. I plan to go visit our son where he goes to college, about an hour from here. Hubby isn't going, so son and I plan to go out to eat, hit the mall and use my giftcard for CJBanks that he bought me for Christmas, and basically just hang out and visit. We are leaving the 29th for GA, and I am going to miss him so much. It's silly because we usually see him maybe once a month because of his class and work schedule. We'll be gone 6 weeks, and he is flying down one weekend to visit. Wish he could bring the dog. He's going to the doggy hotel.

That's all for now ladies.

BabyNicole
01-18-2008, 04:47 PM
The title is for you Tammy and your Diet Pepsi! :carrot: Sorry about your dizzyness:dizzy:, hope it's okay now? The dessert went well last night...it's all gone except for about three slices of carrot cake DH's favorite so no chance of me sneaking them!

Get well fast Nicole! Our little Maltese is four years old in March, his name is "Lil Bear" and he runs :dance:this house!

Sis I miss you so very much...cannot wait for the puppy to be born so I can go see and pick her out for you...and you come up to get her!

Slight :headache:headache today again...had part of a diet pepsi last night to try to quell it. I know it's from withdrawal from the caffein.

Well off to the showers!

Oh, Sis, I too have not weighed, I do not want to until Monday. When I went to the doctor on Wednesday she had to weigh me so I told her I would get on and close my eyes then she could weigh me...she made sure the thingys were slid back to start before I opened my eyes. tee hee I am still 5'1 so a least I have not lost more height!:cp:

See you all later......

Thanks everyone, I'm feeling better today. :hug:

And your Maltese is so cute!!!!!!!! I keep looking at his picture!!!!!! I have a Yorkie. She's 2 years old, and she runs the house too! :dizzy:

Here's a recent pic of her in her Christmas dress.
http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i44/BabyFidgette/DSC02422.jpg

BabyNicole
01-18-2008, 04:50 PM
Bionic, you look like a friend's mother!! No kidding! You could be twins!! Are you sure you don't live in Ohio???? Good for you for getting your workout in!!

Brighten, I am drinking a Diet Mt. Dew right now, and it has caffeine. Most of the time I drink Diet Pepsi with no caffeine, but to be honest with you, there are days that the caffeine helps with some of my aches and pains. And you look like a woman that I worked with last spring on an Emmaus Walk. Too funny!!

Lil Bear is adorable!! We have a 14 year old dachsund named Kramer. He is really getting on my husband's nerves lately. Hubby is retired and since he has been sick, he rarely leaves the house. I think they are together too much. I keep trying to encourage hubby to get out of the house even if it's just to go for a drive, but it rarely happens.
That's funny about getting weighed at the doctor. I used to do that when I went to WW meetings. I told them to just write it down, and I would stuff my card in my purse. Glad to hear you are stil 5'1"!! I am 5'8".

I went to the Y, and I rode the recumbant bike for 35 min. and walked on the treadmill for 20. Not sure if I'll get there tomorrow. I plan to go visit our son where he goes to college, about an hour from here. Hubby isn't going, so son and I plan to go out to eat, hit the mall and use my giftcard for CJBanks that he bought me for Christmas, and basically just hang out and visit. We are leaving the 29th for GA, and I am going to miss him so much. It's silly because we usually see him maybe once a month because of his class and work schedule. We'll be gone 6 weeks, and he is flying down one weekend to visit. Wish he could bring the dog. He's going to the doggy hotel.

That's all for now ladies.

I drink Diet Coke. I like it so much better than Diet Pepsi. I used to HATE diet soda! Now I'm one of those "idiots" who orders a Big Mac, Fries, and a Diet Coke. :o LOLOLOL

PS. I mean, uhhh, was one of those "idiots." hehehehe

Bionic Beach Babe
01-18-2008, 07:24 PM
Funny how we used to order fat food and diet drink...we all did it.

I envy you who have dogs...We had to put our puffin down last Aug. and we are lost with out her. We are expecting a baby girl, black and white, ShihPoo, on Jan. 29th. I hope it comes a day sooner on sis's birthday.
We are nameing her "Sweetpea LuAn" Lu is after me and An is Andy my hubby.

I warn you now, before your dogs get too old get another...if we had two and lost puffin, at least we would have been able to hold the other dog and cry with it.

We will travel to WA State to visit my sis, and pick up our Pupply when it is around 8 weeks old...Counting the days until her birth.

Gives your doggies a big hug from me. I still envy you.

Tammy
01-18-2008, 08:09 PM
Nicole, your Yorkie is adorable!! Cute dress!! I switch back and forth between diet sodas. I think I like Diet Pepsi best though. LOL to the Big Mac.

Bionic, we won't be getting another dog after Kramer. Now that we are retired, we are on the go all the time. We can't take him everywhere we go, and it isn't fair to him to leave him at the doggy hotel all the time. I know they take special care of him there because they think he is pretty special. That helps me with leaving him while we head south.

Thought I'd check messages and then get started on my Bible reading and study for the day. I try to do it earlier in the day, but today was just crazy. Not even sure why!

Brighten
01-18-2008, 11:29 PM
Nicole, yes your yorkie is adorable too! Lil Bear would have a fit if I dressed him up like that but he does get a bow in his top knot when he's groomed. People make fun of him because he's a boy! Really if I put clothes on him he would mat so can't do the dress up thing.

Tammy, DH and I read every morning...first I read out loud from whatever book we are in at the time (we love Helmut Thielicke's books) I read a chapter...then DH reads a chapter out of the Bible and they we take turns praying. I would be lost without the start in God's word each day.

Sis, are you sure you want to get the puppy at eight weeks? When they are that small it's really best to wait for 12 weeks. I know it's hard on you but so much better the puppy to be with mama...mama potty breaks them and they are less likely to get sick. Just a thought.

I am tired...one more load to fold then off for the day!

Love you sis...see you all tomorrow
Brighten

Shy Moment
01-19-2008, 01:58 AM
Diet anything is yucky and would never cross my lips lol I don't even eat artificial sweeteners in anything.

I would love to have a Yorke. They HATE me. I always wanted one. We decided to get me a another dog. We looked at dozens of them ( I am not kidding ) they are the only dog I have ever seen that doesn't like me lol. I was heart broken. Nicole yours is beautiful.

Tammy
I haven't forgotten you. Had two birthdays this month so money was a bit tight. Will get that shipped out as soon as I can.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Sorry I haven't been around. I have been having a terrible time. Hard drives going POOF POOF POOF. I have it all held together with bubble gum and bailing wire until my new parts come in.

Brighten
01-19-2008, 01:04 PM
Shy, nice to see you back:welcome2:
. We too looked at Yorkies but our Lil Bear came up at the same time, he was 8 mo. old and the lady who bought him did not want him...what a fool she was to give up this precious loving dog...we are happy :)she did!

Baby, my daughter is a diet coke fan also and teases me about my diet pepsi...actually I believe she'd rather have the real thing.

Sis, we truly enjoyed the Bucket List, thanks for recommending it.

Tammy, two more days until I weigh-in:goodscale for the first time on Alli.

See you all on Monday...sis we are going to do it!:val3:

Bionic Beach Babe
01-19-2008, 01:11 PM
Shy Moment: Nice to read you here. As soon as you get that hard drive all fixed I hope you will be back with us more.

Nicole: Your Yorkie is beautiful...One of my daughter and hubby have one that weighs 3 lbs...A very tiny one filled with vim and vigor. His name is Sam. What name did you give your sweet girl?

I am off to my church today. Going to sing with all my heart praises to Him who loves us regardless. Blessings to you all.

I tried another of Alli's breakfasts and through it out and made it over to my so called liking...It was called "Cinnamon-Raisin Toast with Ricotta Cheese".
didn't really care for my make over either but ate it..Threw the recipe away. So far the other breakfasts have been fine.

Some of the recipes on 2-fat chicks are better. just have to check the fats.
2 more days until weigh in...Hope sis and I lost some weight.

Tammy
01-19-2008, 10:19 PM
Brighten, I envy you that your hubby is involved when you are doing Bible study. Mine doesn't get involved at all. In fact, he rarely goes to church anymore with me. He does help with laundry though, so I guess I'll keep him around. lol

Shy, don't worry about it, I'm not. No rush. Good luck with that harddrive!

BabyNicole
01-19-2008, 11:55 PM
Shy Moment: Nice to read you here. As soon as you get that hard drive all fixed I hope you will be back with us more.

Nicole: Your Yorkie is beautiful...One of my daughter and hubby have one that weighs 3 lbs...A very tiny one filled with vim and vigor. His name is Sam. What name did you give your sweet girl?

I am off to my church today. Going to sing with all my heart praises to Him who loves us regardless. Blessings to you all.

I tried another of Alli's breakfasts and through it out and made it over to my so called liking...It was called "Cinnamon-Raisin Toast with Ricotta Cheese".
didn't really care for my make over either but ate it..Threw the recipe away. So far the other breakfasts have been fine.

Some of the recipes on 2-fat chicks are better. just have to check the fats.
2 more days until weigh in...Hope sis and I lost some weight.

Thanks for all the "cute" comments everyone. Her name is Baby. :carrot:

BabyNicole
01-19-2008, 11:59 PM
Diet anything is yucky and would never cross my lips lol I don't even eat artificial sweeteners in anything.

I would love to have a Yorke. They HATE me. I always wanted one. We decided to get me a another dog. We looked at dozens of them ( I am not kidding ) they are the only dog I have ever seen that doesn't like me lol. I was heart broken. Nicole yours is beautiful.

Tammy
I haven't forgotten you. Had two birthdays this month so money was a bit tight. Will get that shipped out as soon as I can.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Sorry I haven't been around. I have been having a terrible time. Hard drives going POOF POOF POOF. I have it all held together with bubble gum and bailing wire until my new parts come in.

Trust me, they won't all hate you! If you've encountered Yorkies that were older, I can see why they may dislike you. Some Yorkies are very protective of their owner. Some people even call them armpit piranhas. My Yorkie, on the other hand, is the FRIENDLIEST dog ever! She will run and jump on everyone and kiss them to death! She hates nobody!

So, the answer to your Yorkie dilemma would be to get a 12 week old puppy. Then you can mold him/her how you like and they will LOVE you to death. :hug:

Tammy
01-20-2008, 06:10 PM
Hi everyone! Lazy day today. It's about 10 degrees, and I don't want to go anywhere. I did go to church this morning, but that's about it. Food has been ok, but the exercise has been non-existent today. Hopefully I'll get back into the groove tomorrow. I'm meeting a group of women that I taught with for lunch tomorrow. Some of us are retired (hooray!) and others are still teaching. We try to get together once a month just to stay in touch. Those of us who are retired try to do lunch once a month also.

Hope you are all warmer than it is here!!

Shy Moment
01-21-2008, 01:16 AM
Nicole

We have seen young ones, old ones and everything in between. Have gone to 6 different breeders. Those that don't hate me ignore me lol. They loveeee my husband. I have heard him say to the sweet little things. SHE is the one you have to love if you want to come home with us lol. I do have one from time to time when they are found and a shelter is needed in between homes. I take in Maltese and ****s too. I have been here for ages lol. Just having hard drive problems. Going to build a new system next weekend then I will be around all the time again.

Brighten
We have a lab and are looking for another one since Pepper isn't going to be with us much longer. She is almost 13. We have been looking for a Malamute for a long time but haven't found the right one yet. I would love another cat but Sir Winkie would eat it so another cat is out of the question. Sir Winkie is meannnnnnnnn lol. He even terrorizes the ****s and Maltese when we have them here.

bobbigene
01-21-2008, 08:40 AM
Good morning to everyone. I've not lost a pound in all of 3 weeks! So frustrating. Yesterday didn't help. I was over at a friend's house for the Giants/Packers game (I couldn't care less, don't like football, but never turn down a party) and ate all of the wrong things. Today I'm sticking to soup and veggies. May get out the exercise tapes too since I don't have to go to work. We have today off as a holiday.

Nicole - love the armpit pirahana comment! I had a Yorkie/Poodle mix, I called her a Yoodle, and she was the best little dog but boy would she take on anything that she felt was a threat. Especially the boots of the UPS man. He thought it was hysterical the way she'd go after his boots! She lived to be almost 17 and was the best dog I'd ever had.

Tammy
01-21-2008, 10:13 AM
I'm a mess. Kramer (our dachsund) died during the night. I knew that he hadn't been himself lately, so in a way I was kind of expecting it sometime, but it sure doesn't make it any easier. Called our son to let him know, and he and I are going to meet halfway this afternoon to just give each other a hug. Kramer just turned 14 last week. I'm a mess.

Brighten
01-21-2008, 12:21 PM
Tammy, I am so sorry you lost your Krammer...this is a time I can say "I understand" having lost my precious Tiffany a few years back. We grieve for our pets just like we grieve for a loved one. Please nuture yourself and shed those tears...give your son a hug for me too!

Bobbijean, it has to be frustrating to try so hard and not lose weight (on the scale) but perhaps your body has lost fat but gained muscle...do you exercise a lot? Whatever the reason don't give up, this Alli plan is a good plan.

Tammy, a question? I tried to put my weekly weight loss in but cannot remember how to do it?

Sis, I just know you did well this week...can't wait to see you stats!
I love you sis.

It's in the 20's her today but the sun is shining.

Brighten

Bionic Beach Babe
01-21-2008, 03:41 PM
Afternoon Girls. Water class today and also weigh in...Lost 7 lbs...and feel good.

Tammy: Honey, My heart goes out to you on the death of your doggie. I had to put ours down in August, so know how broken your heart is. We still miss ours so much...When you see your son, hug and hug him again and cry it out together. I don't think a person ever gets over the lost of a loving pet. Oh life goes on and then we get another but there are just certain pets that live on in our hearts. My heart aches for you.

I typed my post about an hour ago and it didn't post so having to do it again. Also printing out the directions for new sig...but even that didn't work right...will try again later. I kept putting in www.3fatchicks.com/weight - tracker/ like the direction say, but it keeps saying Not valid.

Shy: Please hug and pet Pepper for all of us. Enjoy every moment with him

Bobbi: Yes, get the real Ice Cream out of your house...I bought some no sugar Frozen Fruit Pops to enjoy and also made Diet Jello to have at night watching TV. Hang in there with us. You can make it.

Sis: I too tried to put my tracker in, even printed out the direction so no advail...I am proud of your 8 lbs loss...I am 1 lb. behind you but so happy too...7 down 3 more to go this month. Anything past the 10lbs in a month is a bonus...I love you so much.

barbmarie
01-21-2008, 05:25 PM
Hi all, just been going through the weekly posts. Tammy, I am so sorry for your loss. I have 2 pugs that are like 2 more of my kids, and had a cockapoo from the time I was 5 until I was 23. They are family.
Today is my weigh in day 169lbs! Thats down 5 for the first Alli week.
Its been a rough weekend. I am usually on the constipated side, so I though Alli would help with that. I started Alli last week and hadnt gone since last Sunday. Thursday I ate a little extra pot roast, hoping that would help. Friday I decided to give mother nature a push and take a lax, and have been so sick and tired ever since. Staying close to the bathroom.
I am taking today off, just soups and water, and will have to go back to my regular routine of stool softners. Anyone else have chronic constipation problems taking Alli? I dont want to wait too long again or take too much, lol.

Thanks,
Barb

Brighten
01-21-2008, 06:15 PM
Hi Barb, nice to see you...good thing to get right on track again when we start to gain...good for you!

I am still having a problem with finding the site and getting my weight loss
(8 lbs this week) on the ticker but I will figure it out sooner or later with the help of my sister.

I shall try again now...

Take care and keep on keeping on!

Brighten

ScorpioSunshine
01-21-2008, 07:37 PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~

ScorpioSunshine
01-21-2008, 07:39 PM
~~~~~~~~~

Tammy
01-21-2008, 10:08 PM
Thanks for all of your kind comments about us losing Kramer. Just when I think that I'm doing ok, I'll see something or do something that reminds me of him and I burst into tears. Met our son halfway today to exchange hugs and tears. It did us all good to do that. As of right now, I will not be getting another pet.

Bobbi, if you are exercising, that could be part of the weight not dropping. It may just drop all at once.

Brighten, are you talking about at the Alli site for the weight? I haven't done it in so long, I forget how! Maybe someone else can guide you in the right direction. 8 pounds is super!!!! What a great week for you!!!

Bionic, 7 pounds is wonderful!!!! WAY TO GO!!!!

Maybe someone else can help out with the signatures. I am awful about giving directions on how to do things on the computer. I do know that if you go to the User CP at the top of the page, it takes you to the tracker thing. Then you go to the Edit Signature. There are directions on that page. I know one thing that I kept messing up on when I first started using it was that I would forget to SAVE the signature after I had previewed it.

Barb, good going on the 5 pounds!!!!! Woo Hoo!!! When I started alli in the summer, I had the same problem with constipation, and since I've started back on it, I've had it again.

Scorpio, welcome!!! Lots of support here, that's for sure. There are several who are just starting on the Alli journey, so everyone can compare notes.

My hubby knew how upset I've been today, and he went to town and bought me a Klondike bar! I'll be journaling it soon. I'm under on calories and fats today, so that's ok. I did go to the Y for an hour this morning, and I think I'll go in the morning.

Shy Moment
01-22-2008, 02:06 AM
Tammy
That was sweet of him. Nothing wrong with a not good for me snack from time to time.

Brigh
On the upper left side of the screen you will see user cp click on that. Then click on edit signature. You will find instructions there to set up a ticker.

Tammy
01-22-2008, 01:37 PM
Shy, sometimes hubby is very sweet like that!! He's never mean, but when he does things like the klondike bar it makes me appreciate him even more.

I went to the Y this morning. I've done very well with that the past couple of weeks. I've been journaling all of my food, taking alli when the fat is up in a meal, and the weight is hardly moving. I know that I am up 8 pounds from a few months ago because of a medicine change in the fall and the holidays. I'll feel good when I get that 8 off of me. Made me made when I had to change my tracker to show the gain though. My butterfly will make it to the right end of the tracker one of these days. Slowly.

Bionic Beach Babe
01-22-2008, 02:07 PM
Darn it lost my post. Morning girls, bright and cheery morning to all of you.

Barb: Pugs are so cute, and you have two of them...lucky you.
Only 7 more days and my puppy is due to be born. A little black and white Shih/Poo. Hubby and I are very excited about it

About the Constipation...Are you drinking enough water...what about a bit more fat?

Scorpio: Welcome...I love my Alli so far. Helps keep me on track.

Tammy: A Klondike Bar!!! oh to die for...My very favorite is the Snicker Ice Cream Bar at 17 gr. fat...Question: Do you take Alli only when you have a high fat meal or 3 times a day?

Sis: I finally got my tracker but it was late last night before I got it. I tried it again this morning, thinking of helping you and still doesn't work right. Don't give up...Go to the signature area and in the first box do the following.
Type in the words: "Every 1 lb. lost" and then look to the right of that box and click on Smilieys (one for every lb you lost. (The carrot is cute, I did that first until I got the tracker). Then go to bottom of page and click on preview to see it....then save....It was only after I did this , that the tracker finally worked...so try it...anyway it will be cute.

I am so happy you are doing this with me...I love you so.

Brighten
01-22-2008, 02:30 PM
Sis, Shy and Tammy, no Signature on my list when I go to CP! I have tried several times...searched and searched for it. I will just give up :?:until I see it again!

Tammy, I know when one gets on a new medication it tends to screw things up...I fight that all the time! This Alli program seems to be helping me more than any of them as long as I continue to chart my calories/fats I think I will do okay...now if I could only excercise! I seen where everyone thought your hubby was doing a nice :hug:thing to get you the Klondike bar...I for one would kill my DH if he did that. I would like maybe flowers, a card or a movie. I do not want my DH to sabatage me...which he tries to do every now and again. I don't think he really means:o it that way but they do tend to be threatened when we lose weight...am I off base? :shrug:

Barb, I agree with sis...pugs are darling :love:~ the clown dog! Congrats on the
5lb loss!

Sis, it's very exciting to count the days when the puppies are born...send me that sock soon!:yes:

Have a great day all,
Brighten:flow2:

Brighten
01-22-2008, 04:59 PM
I check on the posts site and there was an answer to my problem
It says that one has to be on 3 chicks or post 30 times before one can have a ticker...sooooooooooo I will be posting often!
Brighten

Bionic Beach Babe
01-22-2008, 05:24 PM
:)Sis: I kept my credit on posts from last time we used to do it. Wonder why you lost yours...Maybe because you did it as a new person? Seems to me you used Brighten as your name before...I had Ruth change mine after we started again.

Until you can get a tracker...try what I wrote in above letter...turns out cute...

I love the new picture of Lil Bear..looks like at the beach? she is a doll and I love her too...

Hey, I wonder how it would look if you wrote your post and then at the end wrote: 1 smiley for every lb. lost and click on the smilies like you did in your last post here and there...Let see if it works...

Every 1 lb. lost :):):):):):):)

Shy Moment
01-22-2008, 06:28 PM
Tammy
Maybe look closer at what you are eating. You might find you are takeing in more carbs than you think. They can really cause weight gain if you are takeing in more than you should have. Mix up what you eat a bit or maybe eat more smaller meals. That weight will come off. I do feel for you. I TOTALY understand weight gain from meds.

way2fluffy
01-22-2008, 06:33 PM
Well I've restarted WW for about the 50th time. This time I'm going to use alli too. I'm doing the core but recording flex tracker because I tend to over eat on core....but I really like core as a life style....I just can't seem to lose weight on it. So far so good....
I'll mostly be lurking around because I have OLD and CRS, so I can't keep up and write personal notes to everyone on this thread so TIA for all the information and support.
Fluffy

Brighten
01-22-2008, 06:59 PM
Here's to my eight pound loss since I cannot get a tracker yet....thanks sis.

:dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer:

Yeah!:carrot:

barbmarie
01-22-2008, 07:17 PM
Bright - I like that idea for a tracker anyway, makes each pound as special as it should be! :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Fluffy, been there done that WW too. I am keeping track of pts as well as fat, maybe thats why I am not getting enough fat and getting constipated?

Bionic - congrats on your new baby!. Love poodles and Shihzus. Mom has both. Should make the perfect dog.

Scorpio - join us, lots of new people for the new year. Try the Alli diet first, then if you need it take the pills. They keep me away from fast food, my nemesis.

I am feeling better today,(away from the bathroom :barf: ) and easing back into solid food. Hope with all this at least I'll see some good numbers next Friday!

Anyone use myalli.com? I am on the second step. So far so good. When does it ask us to include some type of exercise into the program? I know when I started WW a few tries back, it was after the first 10lbs.

Thanks all,
Barb

way2fluffy
01-22-2008, 08:46 PM
I'm using alli.com but I just started so I'll be watching you!

way2fluffy
01-22-2008, 08:47 PM
thirteen posts is unlucky! here's number 14

Tammy
01-22-2008, 10:46 PM
Bionic, I take an alli if my meal is over 5 grams of fat (when I remember!!). It has been rare for me to take one at breakfast. When I have had the constipation problems, I am drinking plenty of water and getting in plenty of fat grams.

Brighten, my hubby knew how upset I was about our dog dying, so that's why he got the Klondike Bar. Usually it's a card or flowers. When you click on CP at the top of this page, the next page should have a place on the left side where it says Edit Signature at the top of a list.

Shy, I'm journaling my food at another site, and it shows how much of each thing I am eating. I'm usually right on the mark with all of them. Every now and then either carbs or proteins is totally out of whack, but not often.

Welcome Fluffy!! Post when you are able!!

barb, I haven't used the alli site too much. Glad you are getting back to solid foods.

Hubby has a doctor's appointment tomorrow, so we'll be heading out for that. We may do lunch afterwards. We are getting good at splitting meals. Age thing?

Brighten
01-23-2008, 11:06 AM
Barb, I use myAlli every day, every meal...keeps me honest. I read on Alli one should start slow with exercise...walk ten min. one way, ten min. back, then work up the minutes each week.

Way...like your sense of humor - #14! tee hee

Tammy, thanks but I guess I have to wait the 30 days or 30 posts...patience Brighten! who me:hyper:!!! Your DH did the right thing Tammy...praying his appt. with the doctor goes well. My DH and I most always split meals...unless he wants something I will not eat:p!

Sis, Good Morning pretty sis...I love you,:hug:

Good day to all...

8lb loss :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:
:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Shy Moment
01-23-2008, 11:44 AM
Brighten
Nice going on the weight loss. That is a lot to lose at one time. Congrats

Bionic Beach Babe
01-23-2008, 01:32 PM
Morning, to all of you and happy Alli Day.

Sis and Barb: Love how you posted your weight losses...Good for you!!!

Barb: Thank you for being happy for me and my pending puppy...Due in 5 more days.. Sis is lucky in the fact she is going to get to pick it out for me..She lives near Puppy's home. I will get pictures...Too far to drive until we can go pick her up to bring her home end of March...Going to be very hard to wait...I know I am going to cry and hug her the first time I get to hold her. Her name is going to be "Sweetpea".

Way: Welcome ! Sis and I also go to Alli.com. and both on 2nd step. Love their message board too. Only thing they don't have the cute smiliey there or weight trackers.

Tammy: At the other site you keep track of your foods...Can a person just write them down there and do they figure out the fats, carbs, for you? I would love a site doing that. If so let me know please.

Sis: Sun out in N. Cal. but very cold ! I go for my 6 month mamogram. Keep me in your prayers. Daughter coming home from her last Chemo today !
Praise God! She is done...I love you and miss you more than words can say.

Tammy
01-23-2008, 10:48 PM
Hubby's appt. was with the liver specialist. The doctor is pleased that he is doing so well after the shape he was in back in September. He almost died, so we are very thankful. We did go out for lunch. We ate at Taco Bell! Oh my. I took my alli as soon as I finished. I had a soft taco, and we split a Nachos Supreme. I did great for breakfast and supper, so it all evened out.

Bionic, there is a nutrition tracker at the other site. I type in the food, and it shows a list of similar foods, and I click on the one that I've eaten. When it does it on the chart, it has calories, fat, proteins, carbs, etc. It really helps me see exactly what I've been doing. I can't type the name of it because the site won't let me. I think there are other sites that do similar things: maybe fitday? Can't remember names of others. I had my mammo last month. All was fine. Prayers for your daughter!

Hope you are all doing well.

mdm20
01-24-2008, 05:02 AM
Hello Everyone :) I just wanted to check in and update everyone on my *sigh* long journey lol. Since I started which was January 10th I've lost 10lbs! I am so pleased. I just hope it continues to come off. I had alittle trouble with a cookie today but lol i put it down :/ It's so hard when everyone is eating cookies and doritos and all that good stuff around you and your munchin on a rice cake lol But its definetly worth it. I've been walking everyday sometimes twice a day like I'll do 30 minutes after lunch and then at night I'll do from 45 mins to 60 on the treadmill... though I didnt do anything this weekend. I hope everyone else is doing well too.

Tammy
01-24-2008, 10:55 AM
mdm, I would have eaten the cookie. That is one thing that I've learned from doing WW, you CAN have any food, just don't overdo it. sounds like you are doing great with the weight loss and the walking!!

My weight loss is slow but steady. As long as it's going in the right direction now, I'm happy.

Hello to everyone!!

Brighten
01-25-2008, 01:36 PM
I hope I am posting in the right thread...when I don't post one day I get confused...but

Mdm...Congrats to the 10lb loss!:carrot:

Hello, Shy, and Way.:wave:

Barb...I use the Alli nutrition log every meal...it keeps me honest and being a person that does much better in life with structure this seems to work for me.

Tammy, I am relieve your DH is doing better...he will be prayed for.
The taco bell lunch sounds wonderful. My DH will be making his enchilada (sp) cassarole for dinner tonight so I shall enjoy that after I made a few adjustments :stir:to his recipe.

Sis, hope to see you here later...love :hug:you!

Bionic Beach Babe
01-25-2008, 04:24 PM
I am finally here.:hug: Busy morning. Sheets changed, house cleaned and E-mail all caught up...

Tammy: Happy for you and your hubby on his doctor's visit. Glad you celebrated at Taco Bell...Good food.
Can you send me that site via Private mail here? Apprecitate it.

Mdm: Congrats on your wonderful weight loss...I useally eat a yogurt with roasted Almonds on top or even a low cal frozen fruit bar when others are having foods that are temptation around me...I am afried if I ate one cookie I would eat them all....In fact I know I would. Just can't eat one.

Sis: Good to read you here....Wet and cold still. Water class was a good work out...Anxious to order my walking sticks and start learning to walk with them...You and i have a date end of March together to walk our rears off....hahhahhah...i love you.

gfallo1954
01-25-2008, 10:39 PM
I'm thinking of buying Alli. I'm not sure if it will be good for me. My problem is more carbohydrates. Do you think I would be better off doing a low carbohydrate diet?

Shy Moment
01-25-2008, 11:01 PM
Tammy
I do the same thing using fit day. I love how you can put food into it and then just click on that food and it puts it on the day you are on. I also think it is great that you can see at a glance ( after you have added the food in of course ) how many calories, fat, carbs and protein you are going to take in. If for example I want to go to taco bell and get a taco. I click on the taco bell taco ( I have it added to fit day ) and look at the amounts I am going to add to what I am eating for the day. If I then think it is OK to eat it I do, if on the other hand I don't like the amounts I don't eat it. Really is a nice way to be accountable for what we eat. I am so glad your hubby is doing well. I know we were worried there for awhile. Please keep us posted. Hope he keeps doing better.

bobbigene
01-26-2008, 11:22 AM
:D Stepped on the scale this morning and it had finally moved! After 3 weeks I finally lost 1 pound. I was starting to think there was something wrong with the scale. I even stepped on it holding both cats and decided that it wasn't the scale (combined the cats weigh 25 pounds BTW).

gfallow - I'm also a carboholic and I tried the low carb diet. It worked, but I just couldn't live without pasta and bread. Using alli I can still have pasta, but it keeps me aware that I can't have as much as I used to have unless I want to spend the entire next day in the bathroom. It's a great motivator. Some people report that the first week or two they have a vague headache, I rarely have headaches but there were a couple of days when I had a very minor one. The first time I was using alli (when it first came out) it was a couple of weeks before I lost anything, same thing happened after I went back on after the holidays, but maybe that's just me. I figured it won't hurt me so why not give it a try, I did, it helped, so I'm happy. Good luck no matter what you decide to do!

Brighten
01-26-2008, 01:25 PM
Bobbi, Congrats on the loss!:cp: it may seem like a little to some but for me to see someone lose even one pound gives me hope! So Hurray!:cb:

Shy thanks for the reminder for fit day..I used to use it a very long time ago...but did not stick to the checking every meal...I am doing that now on Alli...both good sites to use...3 chicks also has a good calorie site.

Sis, yes I am anxious to start using the skiwalkers :running:today! Glad I sent for mine immediately upon you sending me the info. Today looks to be cold but pretty so will try them out later this afternoon.

gfallo...I was on low carb for years...stayed a good weight...but ended up with ulcers so was told my doctor to stay off it and start counting calories and fats...this is where Alli fits in for me. I am only on my second week but feel very good about Alli...I have had no problems with it whatsoever. I love their nutrition log and I love coming here to 3chicks (much better site to get inspired and to chart one's progress. Go for it!

Hi Tammy.

Where are you Barb, Way, mdm, gfallo, shy??? Pray all is well.

Brighten:flow2: 8 lb loss first week on Alli

:val3::val3::val3::val3:
:val3::val3::val3::val3:

Tammy
01-26-2008, 11:01 PM
Brighten, what changes did you make to your hubby's casserole? I think that is the key to our eating. We can still eat the same things, we just need to make some changes.

Bionic, I hope you were able to figure out the site that I typed since it wouldn't let me type the whole thing. Yogurt sounds good right now! We have been trying to use up the foods in the freezer and refrigerator before we leave on Tuesday. Yogurt is all gone. I'll buy some when we get to the condo.

Shy, I know several people who use fitday. How come I can type that, but I can't type in that other site? It really is neat to see how you've done at the end of the day, that's for sure. I know sometimes after lunch I'll check to see how I'm doing, and that is how I decide on supper. sounds like you and I are a bit alike when it comes to that stuff. Probably because we are both in Ohio!!

Bobbi, congrats on the loss!!!! I am a slow loser also, so we're in the long run together I think.

gfallo, I also like carbs. My friend rarely eats carbs anymore, and honestly, she isn't a happy person. When she does eat carbs, she goes way overboard on them. I would rather have carbs as part of a daily healthy balanced diet.

Brighten, What are skiwalkers???

Thanks to all of you for the well wishes for Hubby. He really has come a long way since Sept. 10, that's for sure. At the end of Sept., I doubted that we would be taking this trip. We aren't driving straight through. We are going to take our time, stop when we feel like it, etc. We check into the condo at Jekyll Island, GA, on Friday, Feb. 1.

Brighten
01-27-2008, 12:22 PM
Tammy, I had him:chef: use WW tortillas, low fat cheese and low fat sour cream. The black beans, salsa and chili's are low in fat so we can have his cassarole without feeling guilty...and it's oh sooo good:flow1:!

Skiwalkers are walking sticks (skiers use them) with different tips on them and hand grips so we non-skiers can use them for walking. They take the strain off one's lower limbs and one walks with their back must straighter. I just started yesterday...after 2 miles I was winded but not hurting. Believe me it was so much easier to walk :running:for me...I love them!

Also, so happy for you that DH is well enough for you to travel again...Have a great trip!

gfallo, I followed a low carb diet for years...it's such a relief :yay:to be able to eat the foods I have always loved and lose weight...no more giving up anything. I find keeping track of my calories/fats may be a chore at times but it keeps me guilt free and happy.

Sis, I had the strawberry tortillas from Alli recipes this morning for b'fast...delicious:drool:! I can't wait for you to get your walkers...let me know how you do the first time. It was very easy to learn.

Tomorrow is Monday and my second weigh-in (I believe a lot of us weigh-in on Monday) I pray the scale is kind to all of us!

8 lbs lost
:hat::hat::hat::hat:
:hat::hat::hat::hat:

Bionic Beach Babe
01-27-2008, 04:56 PM
Hi Girls, Where ever you are.

Here in No. CA. it continues to be cold and wet.:( ..If it wasn't for daughter getting Cancer treatments and trip the daughters have planned with each other I and hubby would have liked to go look for sunshine...Perhaps lower part of AZ. While the daughters are gone on their trip together Hubby and I will be baby sitting for a week.

Sis and i did very well on low-carb diet but again like most diets we gained it all back. I sure hope this one sticks with us better...I do like the thought of taking the Alli and watching my fats...Being more accountable or else running to the bathroom...:o

Like sis, we both are dreading weighting in tomorrow...I bet no 7-8 lb loss for us this week...I will be very happy if 2 1/2 as that will put me at 10 lbs for Jan...My aim is 10 per month...Remember that is one dress size.:bravo:

Tammy...Thanks honey for the P. Message...No it didn't work but try clicking on just the first word and, com...very interesting site!!! A teen ager would love it...smile...thanks for trying...I really appreciate you trying.

Made Diet Jello this morning..Night time snack. Going to the store to check out the single bags of pop corn...but I say here...Don't eat it the night before weighing in if it has a lot of sodium in it....

Read you all later. Sis, how do you feel today after the walking sticks.:running:...looking for mine in the mail or UPS. Love, always, Lu

Bionic Beach Babe
01-27-2008, 06:29 PM
Hey Girls!!!! It is snowing here!!!!Wow what a shock...and sticking to the ground. Man can't believe it!!!! It is so rare here to see it snowing!!!!
WoW!!!!!

Brighten
01-27-2008, 10:57 PM
Quickly Sis...Build a snowman:dance: before it melts!

Shy Moment
01-28-2008, 01:09 AM
Ohio
The land of corn fed woman and woman who know how to work for what they want lol.

Wanted to say hi to everyone. Have been vegging out with the hubby. I have to say fit day is one of the most important tools I have to my new way of eating. I generally sit at night and plan out what I am going to eat the next day. Lets me know I have at least planned to eat all the required amounts of the four basic food groups and everything fits into what I allow myself.

Bionic Beach Babe
01-28-2008, 01:14 PM
Hey someone. :hug: How about a new thread for the week? Sure would be nice.:dizzy:

Only lost 1 lb this past week...Disappointed :( but I know!!!! its better than gaining!!! and the problem I bet is I still am not drinking enough water.
I will try to do that this week...

Would you believe snow still on the ground here.:snowglo:..only 2nd time in 20 years and they say the earth is warming!!! not here !

I want to say to all of you, hang in there together and we shall do it. one lb at a time if need be, but we shall do it !!!

To all of you, have a wonderful day...:carrot:

Sis: :bday2you: HAPPY BIRTHDAY AND MANY MORE !!! I hope the birth of my puppy takes place today. Very special...I love you sis!

Brighten
01-28-2008, 04:03 PM
Thanks for the b'day greeting sis...and the phone call!

Shy, I know how important it is to keep track, I use Alli for that even though I know there are other good trackers. Good for you!:carrot:

Bobbijean, gfallo, mdm, Tammy, Way, Barb...where :dunno:are you? Miss you all when you don't sign in. Maybe I'm on the wrong thread again!:(

I stayed the same this week even though I stuck to the plan...but "Hey" eight lbs for two weeks is okay with me. I think it was because of lack of water and too much salt! I most likely will drop a lb or two in a day or two but will not get on that scale :goodscaleuntil my next weigh-in - Feb 4th.

Sis we are headed to Walmart this afternoon...will p/u our pedometers.
Congrats :cp:on your 1lb loss!

Shy Moment
01-28-2008, 04:17 PM
brighten
Each of us use what helps us keep track and stay on the trail. I don't think there is anything wrong with using anything as long as it is healthy and we understand this journey we take is for a lifetime not just until we get to a certain point on the scale.

I normally loose 1lb a week. I don't find this a disappointment lol. I am doing it consistently. Every two week weigh in 2lbs less to lose than I had before. Would be nice to keep this up until I have lost all of it I want to lose :). It is funny sometimes ( not very often ) I lose the 2lbs in a week sometimes the first week sometimes the second. I don't think I have ever lost more than 2lbs in two weeks.

mdm20
01-28-2008, 05:53 PM
Thanks Everyone sorry it has taken me so long to reply back :) I hope I have better luck this week... i dont think i did so good last week and the past two days I've been slacking on the excercise... I think i need more motivation :( though I did walk 35 mins on the treadmill last night. Does everyone excerise daily or just like 3 times a week? I don't want to over do it because I dont wanna make myself so tired that Ill stop... but I wanna do enough to lose I only lost 2lbs last week :( Its ok though I'll take what i can get! lol Hope everyone is having a great day

Tammy
01-28-2008, 08:30 PM
Brighten, those are some good changes for that recipe. I try to make changes in some of ours also. Every little bit helps. Staying the same weight is better than a gain, but it sure isn't fun, is it? Happy Birthday!!!!

Bionic, enjoy the snow while you have it!! We've had plenty already this year. Congrats on losing a pound!

Shy, I also am happy if I lose 1 pound a week. I know at my age and with the meds, that I need to take it as I get it! lol

mdm, my goal at the beginning of January was to go to the Y at least 3 times a week. If I go more than that, I'm happy. I think starting out with an exercise plan of 3 days as a minimum is a good start. If you increase the time on each of those days and then add another day later, it is better than going crazy right at first. Congrats on the 2 pounds!!!!

I agree about the thread getting long. It will be February on Friday. Should we just wait until then to start another thread????

We are leaving in the morning, but I'm not sure what time. I don't know if I'll have time to get on here or not. I won't be back on till later in the week when we get to the place in Georgia where we are staying. I have my alli packed, I have workout clothes packed, we have plans for lots of walking on the beach. Hubby and I chatted tonight about splitting meals when we go out to eat. Since he has been sick, he barely eats anything. Cheaper to split meals or we can each get our own and bring food back and have it the next day.

If I don't get back on tonight or in the morning, have a great week!!! Behave yourselves!!!

barbmarie
01-28-2008, 09:00 PM
:bday2:Happy Birthday Bright!
I am here, just got done weighing in. Only down a pound this week, but 6 for the 2 weeks, I'll take it. Havent been near a restaurant or fast food for 2 weeks, that is really the biggest change for me. I tried to stay away from the scale this week, but it seems I do better watching it everyday. Weird. I have a pedometer too, my goal is for 10000 steps a day. Most days is in the 8500 range, so shouldnt have to add too much. Getting ready for a snow storm here tonight too, and I have to go to work at 10pm... should be interesting.

mdm - I am going to wait until 10lbs lost until I focus more on the exercise. The diet is enough of a adjustment for me for now.

Bionic - no puppy yet???

Shy Moment
01-28-2008, 09:21 PM
I think one of the reasons I have been doing so well getting this weight off is that I have never been on a diet before. Which means I have no bad dieting habits. I have changed how I eat. I incorporate everything i love and don't do without anything. I also have NO preconceived notions of losing weight. Old notions....you can't eat after a certain time in the evening, you have to drink x amount of glasses of water, at my age......

Ladies and gentlemen, it is basically calories taken in and calories burnt off. THAT is it. As we get older and the body does slow down, we need to take less in lol. There are a million excuses why people don't loose weight. Meds of course are not one of those excuses. Most of us know what a good steroid or cortisone will do for the body lol. For me, I went from a skinny twig to a large tree trunk lol.

I am pretty much as active right now as I have been all my life. I do not sit around. There is always something to do. If there is nothing to do, there are always walls to scrub lol.

Tammy
01-28-2008, 11:28 PM
Barb, I'm the same way with the scales. I think it helps me to stay on track. I have our scales packed in the van already for our trip. Congrats on losing that pound!! You are on your way!!! Hope the snow doesn't cause too many problems for your drive to and from work. Be careful!! I also have my pedometer ready for the trip. I used to wear it all the time, but now I have gotten out of the habit. Need to get back into it. 8500 steps is great!

Shy, I know so many people who have dieted and given up on their favorite foods, then they go crazy eating that food when they get a chance. If we just eat less of it, it works out! And getting out and walking is one of the easiest things a person can do. Granted I can't go for long periods of time, but I can do several short periods that add up.

Bikini Ready
01-28-2008, 11:30 PM
I started Alli today and had no side effects, yay! Hope you all don't mind if I join in your forum.

Brighten
01-29-2008, 12:10 AM
Welcome Bikini! Nice to have you here...you will find this to be a very friendly and encouraging group.

Barb, Shy, Tammy, thanks for reminding me that the older we get we should just be grateful for every 1lb loss and/or no gain. My birthday today was my 68th so I am no young chick to say the least. I know it's more difficult to lose lbs fast since we are not as active as we used to be...but the counting calories/fats seem to be making the difference. Silly but didn't we learn that years ago? I must have forgotten by listening to all those 'quick lbs off" commercials! This time is the last time I diet...I mean eat healthly! I will never diet again. No move books, pills, shots, patches,fads, etc...just normal everyday good food measured, and cooked properly. Thanks again for all the good advice. And good for you all for sticking to it.

mdm, Congrats on the 2lb loss...I only lost 1lb this week so feel good kiddo!

Sis, I am waiting for that email telling me the puppy is here!

Brighten

Bionic Beach Babe
01-29-2008, 01:05 PM
Hi Everyone ! :grouphug: Rain here again in CA. so all the beautiful (cold) snow is gone. :D
I will admit the snow is much more beautiful than, no color rain, but the rain is warmer.:rain:

Tam: Yes, The first of Feb. is a good day to start a new thread..Almost there. Have a wonderful time on your trip. I hope you find some sunshine. It is further south so maybe? Anyway, hope so.:carrot:

mdm: Congrats on the 2 lb.loss this past week. :)

Shy: Yea, I remember Calories in, Calories Burnt. I also find that it is harder to lose weight at 73 than it was at 43. Like you said, Our bodies slow down and require less food....Most of us "Live to Eat", and we need to rethink that saying to "Eat to Live". I think the thing you said about going from a Skinny Twig to a Large tree trunk is cute. :D

Barb: Congrats on your 1lb. loss. We are twins this week. No news on Puppy yet!!!:(

As far as being busy, ask my Brighten (my sis), how busy I stay:cb::dancer::chef::bike2::swim:...Already got all the drawers and closets etc, cleaned for Spring cleaning and while it is raining I plan to do blinds and curtains...Also do 3 days of Water Arobics and 2 days with Body Electric...and now as soon as my Skiwalkers get here and i view the DVD,on how to use them, I plan to walk again in the fresh air. :running:

Sis is picking up Pedometers today and will mail me one...thanks sis..:thanks:

Sis: Still working on Alli Cook book. Almost done. I am going to call about the Puppy today...Excited like a new expecting mama. :preg: Going to be so hard waiting until March to get it. Congrats on your 1 lb. loss. We are twin for sure now...Love baby, love to you.:hug:

Bionic Beach Babe
01-29-2008, 01:23 PM
Girls: What do you think of the "Go Lean" bars...for a snack on Alli?
Most of them say abot 190 Calories. and the following:
Total Fat, 5gr. Sod, 250mg. Pot, 50 mg. Total Carb, 27G. Soluble Fiber 3g
Insolube Fiber 3g. Sugar 13g. Protein: 12 g has many Vits...

They come in 3 flavors..Oatmean/Walnut....Chocolate Peanut....and Caramel Peanut.

What do you think? Snack? or meal on the run????

Shy Moment
01-29-2008, 10:59 PM
Bionic
If you like they I guess they are fine. With that amount of fat and sodium and carbs I would want something I really like and something that there is a lot of to eat lol. My problem was I wasn't eating enough. I was so surprised when I found out how much food you needed to eat to get the required amounts of the four basic food groups in. Now it is a game to come up with a menu for the next day that has all the required amounts of food and stays within what I allow myself lol.

Bionic Beach Babe
01-30-2008, 01:22 PM
Shy: Havn't had one of those bars yet. One of my daughters eats them and I was just wondering if they would be good, say at the show, or if you don't have time to stop and eat a meal.:?:

Everyone: My walking sticks came yesterday. Hubby and I watched the DVD about them, and I hope it stops raining long enough today for me to try them. :running: Though I do water Arobics, 3 days per week :swim:and Body Electric 2,:exercise: it is still not walking. I find I can't walk even around the block without leaning way to the right side and then it hurts, so am hoping the walking sticks will help me stand straight. They say, when you use the sticks, you burn up twice the calories in half the time as you are using the upper body more. You take some of the load off the bottom.

Sis: My first mag. came yesterday....Going to make some low fat Meringues
(Chocolate) today. Can have 5 for a snack on Alli. :D 115 Calories and 3 grams of fat. I think they would be nice with a cup of hot tea.:drool: No puppy yet!!!:( Here is a :hug: today for you, my darling sister.

Shy Moment
01-30-2008, 02:22 PM
Bionic
I would say yes. They would also be nice for when you are out shopping and it takes longer than you thought it would because of long lines or traffic. Would give you something to eat ( no popping in for fast food ) and then when you get home to make your meal, you won't be starving and eat to much. Something that might be nice for you is using a treadmill that had rails to hold onto. They would help give you balance and you can walk at your own pace.

Bionic Beach Babe
01-30-2008, 05:54 PM
Oh Girls, The walking sticks are wonderful...First walk was 4 blocks...I am going out in a few minutes and try another 8 blocks...that should be 1 mile.

With 2 fake knees and 2 fake hips I think that is going good...I found even with all the water classes and stretching with Body Electric, it is not the same as walking...quite differents. I will be glad when sis gets the Pedometer and I can wear it...

One thing about the walking sticks is it kept me from leaning over to the right..more support and noticed they have good shock absorbers.

Made the Chocolate Meringues with Chocolate chips...they are wonderful...Only had one for today....23 cals a piece and .6 fats...

Shy: Thanks for the tip about the treadmill...but I had two in my life time and both ended up being clothes hangers....they are so boring...at least outside I can breathe in the fresh air and see different things...Bless you !

Still no puppy!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shy Moment
01-30-2008, 09:28 PM
Bionic
That is wonderful. I am so happy for you. It is so nice to be able to get out and just walk around. Something most of us take for granted.

StillTryin
01-31-2008, 10:40 AM
HEY EVERYONE!!! I NEED HELP! As you can see by my ticker I have EXPLODED!! I am back to 180 YIKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I NEED TO DO SOMETHING!! HELP!

Brighten
01-31-2008, 01:58 PM
Stilltrying...please hang in there and get back on track...we all have one step forward and three back :(from time to time...but we cannot give up!
You know you can do it by looking back at what you've accomplised...go for it!:carrot:

Sis, so glad the skiwalkers are working for you. I wrote to Ruth about my signature but she never answered me so I guess I will just have to wait until either 30 days or 30 posts!

Okay girls/boys:wave:...let's step it up...drink:hat: the water, count the calories/fats :write:and exercise:running::woops::swim::bike2::yoga::ebike: ...we have a long beautiful summer :sunny:coming up!

8 lb lost
:coach::coach::coach::coach:
:coach::coach::coach::coach:

Shy Moment
01-31-2008, 02:07 PM
Still
Going backwards does happen from time to time for many of us. We know how to lose the weight. Sometimes, we just give ourself to much leeway and backwards we go. Now is the time to take a deep breath. Look at what you have been doing and then get back on the trail. Falling off the wagon isn't so bad, letting the wagon roll over you is another story. Get back on the seat and let the horses see YOU are the one in control not them.

StillTryin
01-31-2008, 06:35 PM
THANKS SHY!!!
THANKS BRIGHTEN!

I am starting OVER again now so I PLAN to be back down to my 160lb mark by spring (april-may)

Shy Moment
01-31-2008, 08:20 PM
I think, it might be, at this time of year we find we have worked so hard to get through the holidays that many of us are starting to slack off just a bit. Now might be a good time for each and everyone of us to look at what we have been doing. I know, for me, it is a time to tweak everything into shape and get back in line.

Tammy
01-31-2008, 10:15 PM
Hi all! We are in GA, and we move into the condo tomorrow. It will be nice to get settled and make a trip to the store to stock up on healthy foods. I have tried to make good choices while eating out and with snacks that we've had.

Hang in there everyone!! We can do this!!!!

Bionic Beach Babe
02-01-2008, 01:16 AM
Everyone!!!Proud parents of a baby girl puppy....Finally she was born....The mama had 5 boys and this one girl!!!! Wonderful how it worked out that we got the only little girl...Hubby and I are riding high!!!!! Picture coming soon....Thank you Lord....

Enigma77
02-01-2008, 02:49 AM
Hello all! I'm new to Alli, so I thought I'd join in. So far I haven't noticed ANY of the TEs. I haven't been especially good either. Not especially bad, but not great. I think it is helping though. I started last Sunday and I think I have lost 2 lbs already, maybe more.

Anyone get headaches on it?

Before I ask too many more questions, I need to take the time to peruse all of the posts to see if they've already been answered.

Bionic Beach Babe
02-01-2008, 02:17 PM
Hi Eni77: Welcome to our site...A new site is to be started today sometime so watch for it....usually have the date on it...

One thing about the pills (capsul) is, sis and I find it keeps us more on track because we don't want to suffer from any accidents, especially away from home!!! So far no problem with that.

My biggest problem is still not drinking enough water and eating the amount of Calories they want you to eat....somedays I get the fats in but not the Calories....Have you ever made Macaroni and Cheese with non fat Cheese and blue milk? Terrible...Next time I make it I will use Low fat....

The Alli Pizza Recipe is good so is the Pineapple Salad. Stick with the program, and you will go down...so far 8 lbs here...but already down a size in my Jeans.

Enigma77
02-01-2008, 03:24 PM
"blue milk"? What on earth is that? Normally our mac & cheese is the box crap. it's cheap. speaking of which - why are all the healthier foods SO much more expensive??? drives me nuts! Especially, the weeks taht we have to be careful what we spend. It used to cost more for the convenience processed junk... not anymore!

Shy Moment
02-01-2008, 03:30 PM
I find the mac and cheese in a box is expensive for what you get. Much cheaper to get the ingredients and make it yourself. Tastes better and you can control the amount of fat and carbs you put into a serving.

Enigma77
02-01-2008, 04:02 PM
my homemade mac & cheese has always been fairly expensive per serving than the box crap... and, indeed it is crap, so yes, if by "for what you get", you mean quality - i have to agree. lol

Enigma77
02-01-2008, 06:26 PM
I took over my mom's starter pack, as she decided she loves her burgers and hot dogs too much. I think there must be something missing from it, even though it looked like all the little support booklets and instructions were there. i have seen people talking about their fat/cal they are supposed to get on Alli - where is this info found?

Shy Moment
02-01-2008, 07:08 PM
Enigma
Log onto the alli site. You will be given all kinds of information there.

Bionic Beach Babe
02-02-2008, 12:25 AM
New picture of Sweetpea....What a doll! Weighed in at 6 1/4 ounces.

Blue Milk is Non-fat milk....I used that and non fat cheese in the Macaroni and it was pure uk!!!! Found some low fat cheese and will use that next time with perhaps rice milk...

Sis: where are you today?

Enigma77
02-02-2008, 12:38 AM
I probably shouldn't even ask this:

Is it dangerous to take two Alli at once? I did today because I gave into my cravings for mexican. I got some gas and cramps, but no other yucky TEs I had heard/read about. I don't think I'm goign to tempt fate again, but I just am curious how stupid I was.

Bionic Beach Babe
02-02-2008, 06:45 PM
2 of the Alli is equal to one that the doctor would give you...In other words 2 is full strength...The FDA gave permission for us to receive 1/2 the dose over the counter...Sis and I take the Alli, and like it says, 1 at meal times...it helps keep us in line. Both afried of getting Tes.

I went to Home Town yesterday, took my pill and thought I ate very good though later I did see kind of orange fat bubbles or goblets (what ever the word is) when I went to the restroom....

I would urge you not to make a habit of taking two...I will admit if I ate a meal, that I knew was way too high in fat, I would have done the same, just to get rid of it...so no guilt trip here...Alli is a crutch for us to remain truer to the plan...low fat and exercise.

Brighten
02-02-2008, 06:54 PM
:welcome3:Enigma77
I'm not sure about taking two of the Alli pills...was told it was prescription dose if you do so I would ask an expert.

Sis, Sweetpea is sooooo sweet:val1:! We want to go see her in two weeks.

Tammy, I pray your time in GA is wonderful.

Computer woes :rollpin:this morning...led into the afternoon but all settled after paying a fortune to update my protection...will write a long letter to the company complaining though.

I walked:running: again this morning so I feel better...not as far as I could have walked but I got too winded so had to stop.

Sis I sent you your award...I hope you got it okay.
I love you...did you get your pedometer yet? I sent a two pics...one of me, one of DH...our VISA pix...hope you like them

Love you,:dust:

8lb lost
:flow1::flow1::flow1::flow1:
:flow1::flow1::flow1::flow1:

Tammy
02-02-2008, 09:34 PM
Cute puppy!!!

Georgia is wonderful so far. We are going to the grocery after church tomorrow. We've still been eating out. Making wise choices I hope.

I'm going to start a new thread for February since this one is getting so long!!! Come there to post please.

bobbigene
02-03-2008, 01:21 PM
Good Sunday morning alli-cats. Only lost 1/4 pound this week so the ticker doesn't change. I've been keeping up with reading the posts even tho I haven't been entering anything. Glad to see everyone is trying hard to be alli compliant!

Brighten
02-03-2008, 01:50 PM
Good Morning/Afternoon All!

I suppose most people will be either watching or serving today during the Super Bowl:coach:...if you are serving :chef:make it low cal/low fat!

Sis the puppy is precious :smug:to say the least! Can't wait!

Today is a long day for me (for others also) since Monday is my weigh-in :goodscaleday. I must be careful of SALT and not enough WATER! I had an old article about how important it is to drink water to flush through the toxins and to keep our skin looking pretty and much more than that...wish I could find it.

I hope to walk :running:again this afternoon...gotta keep moving so I can keep moving if you know what I mean. This body is so full of aches and pains from arthritis, fractured leg, sciatia and the such that it's a miracle I walk at all...but thanks to the skiwalkers it's doable! How are they working for you sis?

Those of you who may be a bit discouraged...Be of good cheer:carrot:, summer is on it's way...we want to be in good enough shape we can enjoy the beaches:beach:, the lakes, the picnics, the vacations, feel good and look good! Keep up the good work it will be worth it! This is a new lifestyle of eating...no more pigging :eating2:
out...when we can have all the wonderful fresh fruits, veggies and fish :hungry:who can complain??? Keep on truckin everyone. :scooter:

Love you sis!:hug:

Bionic Beach Babe
02-03-2008, 02:04 PM
Here is how to find us on Feb....Click on 3 fat chicks...Click on Diet Central....click on General Diet Plan &etc. Go pass the Stickys!! We are about #10 Click on Feb. Alli...When you get there, besure to click on the page to go shortcut to your desk top...Then when you want to see Feb's. post/and or write...the right page comes up every time...

I am heading that way right now !!! Love to you all,Lu