Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2012, 11:11 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Bobbi-- waiting is so hard I know. And I hate it when they say we will have an offer for you and then you wait.... and wait.... and wait!! We had that happen several times to us... Then when they did make the offer it was a laughable!!! I hope it comes through for you soon.
Old 09-05-2012, 09:45 AM   #32  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Good thoughts, Bobbi - good thoughts!
Old 09-05-2012, 02:14 PM   #33  

Height: 5'3"

Well, I lost and then today I was up again 2# but I think it was because my dil left her sunflower seeds and I ate quite a few last night...all that sodium. So hopefully I will lose it fast. My bs is still high too, but now I'm back to monitoring both it and my food better. Today I want to decide what I'm wearing for our pictures on Friday. Glad when they are over as I hate getting pictures taken. I slept in and so far all I have done is put a load of laundry in. Need to go reboot them now. At least I didn't get behind in my housework while the kids were here so I'm still on schedule.

Will have to get back later for personals.
Old 09-05-2012, 09:12 PM   #34  

Hi everyone. my gosh but it has been a crazy exhausting day. if i had any wine i'd be having a glass as i type. 1st we had to take gizmo to the vet, he apparently jumped off a chair and broke his 2 toes on his back foot. the poor thing doesnt tolerate any pain and he went beserk. howling and crying and tried to hide behind acabinet and when my dh tried to coax him out he bit him. finally got him in akennel and to the vet. hes on pain meds,and calmed down finally. no cast just keep him in akennel for a few days.this was about 7am. then we got home and it was suppose to be poof day. i had arranged two payments to be auto pay today and guess what,no funds deposited today. grrrr overdraft fees. then as i was about to fix lunch the power went out for about 3 hrs. we are having a severe wind storm and trees are down. i was craving a double choc chip muffin heated in the micro with ice cream on top,whipping gream and nuts and choc syrup. sheesh i used to eat thatall the time.do you all have certain cravings when u are stressed? i don't bring that stuff home any more thank goodness,i did have a sf coffee mocha instead. now the dogs are all settled,dh is snoring away and im on the puter still would like the wine tho lol hoping your day was stress free and thanks for letting me vent rosey
Old 09-05-2012, 09:35 PM   #35  

WOW Rosey! What a day you have had! Sorry about Gizmos toes.. I'm with him though--- I don't do pain!!! We had a heck of a wind, thunderstorm come through this morning.. It waa only here from 6:00 am to 6:45am but had 60 to 80 mph winds! Ripped the roof off the court house in Joplin and did some major damage to other businesses too. We didn't have any damage here-- just lightening and thunder and got about 3/10 inch of rain!

I don't have any wine here but have some light beer!!!----
Old 09-05-2012, 09:45 PM   #36  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Good evening GG’s,

I’ll be glad when I can breathe again. Monday night as I was getting ready to go home from work ~ my throat started feeling sore. I hate sore throats. Next day was my day off ~ I didn’t feel too bad at first, but as the day went on, got more stuffed up and sneezing and feeling rotten. Couldn’t sleep very well last night so I called in. I felt bad to do it ~ I went 2 ½ years and didn’t miss a day, then missed one in July. Now another one. I’m still not feeling great, so we’ll see tomorrow. I don’t want to go there with my sneezing and germs and make someone else sick. But, I don’t want to push it either ~ I want to feel better.

I was working on another scrub accessory. (They are having a wear a crazy scrub day next Wednesday). I got it partway done ~ but since it was my own creation ~ I didn’t know exactly how to make the thing. I hit a snag ~ it wasn’t quite going together how I thought it would ~ will hopefully finish this weekend. It is a piece that I can attach to the front of a scrub with Velcro so it is removable and I want to make others in different prints so when we get a day that we can wear something different ~ I can participate with out going to the expense of a whole other outfit that I will only be able to wear once a year.

Then, I was disappointed to find out that there is a catch to this crazy scrub day ~ it is part of a walk to raise money for the American Heart Association ~ in order to be allowed to wear the crazy scrub ~ you have to buy one of those braceletts that they sell for different causes ~ $8. Darn.

I keep wondering if Bobbi has gotten any news of an offer for her house.

Sorry ~ feeling too crummy to attempt personals tonight.

Hope you all are doing ok.

Take care
Old 09-05-2012, 10:01 PM   #37  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Rosey - Gayle - both of you: oh, poor baby! Sounds like your days were both dreary! Hope things improve on the morrow!

All is well here... Bobbi - continued good thoughts!!
Old 09-06-2012, 12:36 AM   #38  

My day wasnt over,gizmo had another episode which scared the dooty out of us so off we went back to the vet. they also found a pinched nerve in his neck and is now on prednisone,pain pills and tranquillizers. and hes to be kept quiet and contained for at least 3 days and not alot of handeling. we brought him home,but hes sleeping from the drugs they gave him. never in my life have i heard a dog screech like that,broke my heart. the vet said he might have recurrences of this through out his life or it could be a 1 time thing. thanks for letting me vent again all of your support means so much to me. i am off to bed and tomorrow will be better RIGHT rosey
Old 09-06-2012, 09:41 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Height: 5'3"

Rosey and Gayle!

to both of you.

Bobbi, still thinking good thoughts here
Old 09-06-2012, 09:58 AM   #40  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Hugs to all critters and friends.
No news on the house and I'm thinking they won't buy it. A good clue would be second and even 3rd looks at it, they only came once.
Our raspberries are really nice right now, big, plump and juicy. We try to eat them fresh but today I froze a bunch on a cookie sheet, will transfer them to a zip bags later today.
I started a project yesterday that should have been done years ago, it took me most of the day and I didn't finish.
I file all bills and receipts each year, put everything in a large zip bag and throw it in the attic with the year date on it. I started cleaning out and throwing everything from the 29 years we've lived here. So, what's taking so long? Social Security numbers printed on sooooooooooooo many documents. I had to cut out all our S.S. numbers so nobody in the recycling paper business gets access to them. With all the theft nowadays, I can't take any chances. I've noticed the last couple of years they don't put our S.S. number on documents like they did a couple of years ago. We have our full credit card number on all our past visa bills too, had to cut them off before recycling. Bruce said to keep the last 7 years in case of an audit, but I'm only keeping the important papers. In our area you need a receipt if you're returning anything, guess that's why I became a receipt hog.
Hope I don't have nightmares about a second day of snipping.
hugs and kisses to gizmo.
Old 09-06-2012, 10:02 AM   #41  

S/C/G: 281/214/165

Height: 5'2"

Hello goldies,
What a day I had yesterday! Horrible! Looks like all I do lately is cry and worry and complain. I realize that my ds has to do his job and he is but the boss called him yesterday and made him a NDT tech with a raise only to tell him that he has to stay until November. Oh my, more worrying. To top it all off he gets a message on his phone that says off network with an email saying over usage and he will be cut off. His plan says nation wide and unlimited. But there is a fine print that's apparently said that when you use another tower you can only use 24% of usage. So I was on the phone with AT&T from 11 am until 9 pm before we stopped fighting with them. He was on his end doing the same. To solve this problem so he would have a way to still have a phone ( his lifeline when your 20 years old alone in another state in the middle of nowhere). He went to verizon and bought a pay per use phone. Pretty sad when you have to go to another company because your companies plan is not worth the paper it's printed on. So he has to pay for 2 phone services.
So far there have been no fires or explosions this week.
Yesterday I was so mad I was crying. I went to the kitchen and opened the cabinet to eat some lil Debbie cakes. I could care less about my diet. I closed the cabinet and opened the icebox and grabbed a yogurt and ate it. The craving passed. My diet and butt was spared from my rage. It's been a long time since I've felt that much anger. This morning I've been thinking the underlying anger was that he has to stay until November and not so much the phone issue.

Rosy~ sorry to hear about your pet. Hope he's on the road to recovery.

Gayle~ sorry you are feeling so bad. It sounds like you are like me. I feel so guilty when I'm so sick that I cant work. Hate taking sick time off. If I have time off I want it to be for fun.

Karen31~ whew that sounds like hurricane winds. Take cover! It sure seems like our normal thunderstorms have become more violent over the years. Sometimes we have thundershowers that build up on us and give us very little rain but dumps on us a lightening storm. Freaky weather.

Mary~ I'm so glad you enjoyed your kids and grandkids! Even though you had company you still managed to do well congrats!!!!

Bobbi~ did you get your offer yet? Fingers and toes crossed for you!!!!

Sorry I have no more time. Duty calls. Hello to all I missed.

Hugs
Cajun
Old 09-06-2012, 10:41 AM   #42  

Rosey-- Hugs to you! I know how it hurts when our furbabies hurt... gosh they can't tell us where it hurts or what hurts.. Hope he feels better and doesn't have any more problems.

Cajun--- sorry about the news on your son. I think that is terrible about the cell phone. I have AT&T also and have never had a problem with them... for the cell phone anyway. Still can't get the internet here so instead of paying like $20 a month I'm paying $60 for cableone internet.. They keep telling me they are working on it. Will keep your son in my prayers and hope these next couple months pass quickly and without incident.
Old 09-06-2012, 01:04 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Gayle - Hope you're feeling better! Everyone needs to call off now and then, even if it's just for a mental health day.

Rosie - I'm sorry to hear about Gizmo's fall. Poor little thing. All my doggies have done that at one time or another, but we were lucky there was nothing broken.

I'm also sorry to hear about your overdraft fees. I'll bet your deposit was a day late because of Labor Day. I think the banks should allow for things like that. This is why I never to auto pay on anything. You never know what is going to happen. I have my checking account set up so they will transfer money from savings to avoid an overdraft, but there is a charge for the transfer. It is just meant to prevent you from having a bounced check.

Cajun - You and your son are still in my prayers. He is going through so much, just to have a job.

Bobbi - I think you need a shredder. You can get the ones that sit on top of a waste basket for around $30. We only have newspaper recycling in our area and have to put other paper in our garbage. I found a neighbors W2 in my driveway one time, and also someone's pay stub!

Isabella - We are the only people I know who don't have any luck with zucchini. I think we don't get enough sun. Normally, everyone and their brother is giving me zucchini, but not this year. I even got a recipe book from the library and copied a lot of different zucchini recipes and no zucchini. I think I will have to make a trip to the farmers market.
Old 09-06-2012, 06:14 PM   #44  

Hi everyone thanks for all the well wishes for gizmo. we had to take him back to the vet this am becuz he went beserk again. i left feeling like this was the end. no one likes to see your beloved furbaby suffer. the vet gave us injectable medications and told us how to care for him including a mushy semi liquid food we can give him with a syringe. after the meds took affect he happly sucked down the food and another syringe with water and karo syrup in it. she said we need to give him a week or so to see if he will recover, ive been crying so much my eyes hurt ,but trying everything to help my furbaby. Bobbie so sry about the turdy birdies who didnt have the grace to call and let you know. thats awful.Cajun sry for you to have such a worry about your son. my dh worked as a welder on oil rigs and a refinery and they are dangerous jobs.we are having heavy winds today hope the power doesnt go out again. ttfn rosey
Old 09-06-2012, 06:18 PM   #45  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Rosey ~ so sorry about Gizzie ~ it is hard when our fur babies hurt so bad.

Cajun ~ sorry for the disappointing news of your son's longer stay ~ will continue to pray.

Bobbie ~ sorry that the offer hasn't come through as you had hoped.

Hello to everyone else.
Closed Thread