Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2011, 09:53 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Morning....Another quiet dull day down here. No bridge! We ate for 3 days on the vegies from friend's garden. The sqash casserole was good, but the new red potato salad was the best i ever made. Not sure why...usual ingredients...potatoes, onions, lf mayo and sf sweet pickle relish. But the red potato had just been dug. 4 quarters was satisfying. So portions were small.

Local corn is in and have 2 ears for tonight. I have tomatoes all over the kitchen. And a head of cabbage staring at me....

Bobbie....Did Hope get fired? I really have grown to like Meatloaf. And the Donald's daughter!

Rosie.....Strolled into the Nsg home......Holy Moly That's Awesome!

Zoe....We have used containers for garden growing for years.The prettiest whiskey tub was the mini egglant and white petunias. Don't use whiskey tubs for vines as when they trail over the wood the whiskey kills the vine.

Lynn....Glad you are enjoying DS book.

Gayle....Sorry back to work was so stressful. The Bermuda triangle now extends to Houston!

Nona...Deck ready for the party yet?

Donna....DH's buddy just returned to Colorado. Drove out there in his Fl shorts into 5" of snow. He is the only guy I know who wears Shorts....like short shorts...looks weird and bet chilly!

Oh, made Dh a quicky salad. Sliced roma tomato, chopped red pepper and a dash of Paul Newman's southwest dressing. He asked for it again. It took 1 minute to make.

Off to get my nails done....k3
Old 05-03-2011, 09:55 AM   #32  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Good Morning.....a quick fly by here. I'm getting really frustrated with our weather. I had many of my geraniums out for the summer, I winter them over the winter in our breezeway. Yesterday was the second time we had to bring them back in. Our potted peach tree is getting hard to manage (tall)and we had to bring that in for the second time too. It's loaded with peaches about the side of a green olives. Last night it got down to 29 degrees, I covered everything already planted outside. I planted Petunia's on my grandparents grave, I'm sure the freeze last night killed them. I'll have to check on them later today. Last year we put in two zucchini plants and what we didn't eat fresh, I shredded and froze in 16oz. packages. I just used the last one a couple of days ago. It's a great filler for my diet tomato soup I eat for lunches. I have 4 bags of frozen tomatoes left, those will be gone by the time we get this years' crop. Last year we had our whole garden planted my May 1st, this year it's not even tilled. Too cold.....now that I've b****ed about the weather I'll go eat breakfast.
You all have a great day.
Crabby Maxine said today, "If you are what you eat, then maybe I should cut back on the prunes."
Old 05-03-2011, 10:00 AM   #33  
Bobbi

Hi KarenFla...I see we posted at the same time. Yes, Hope was voted off. I saw a video of Hope, Star and NeNe where Trump fired her. He said the combination of Star and NeNe would be hard to beat and Hope didn't have her heart into the challenges like those two did. He said they need to learn to get along.
I like meatloaf too, I hooted when Bussey was voted off. What a nut case.
Old 05-03-2011, 10:56 AM   #34  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Good Morning,All....
GORGEOUS day here! It's all so pretty and green and blooming! Spring!!

Thanks, everyone who asked... The lesions are starting to dry up, so I haven't had to lotion up since yesterday morning. I still have the muscle pains, but I can't tell if that's because of the shingles or because of the arthritis. My neck hurts all the time, anyway, so who can tell the difference? Overall, it's been a lot less than I would have expected, and I'm glad for that!

The cream that I like so well is "Rub-on Relief" (for a hyped-up website: http://www.losethebackpain.com/rubonrelief.html). For me, it's worked really, really well.

I keep meaning to say how much I enjoyed the visual and the story of the "football princess." That was great!

Rosey, PT, Lyn, Lynn, Freda, Nancy, Bobbi, Newbies, Gayle, KarenMOFLO, Mary, everyone... I hope your day is lovely! Status quo here, which is a good thing!!
Old 05-03-2011, 11:09 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Hello everyone! Gosh I can't believe I had such a "senior moment" since the first of May!!! I couldn't understand why no one was posting!! DUH!! I was still watching the April thread!!! I guess my brain is still in a fog since we got home from PA. and my son is being "stupid" and my younger brother is going through tough times with his wife, she will be leaving on May 20th-- hope he can survive the next 17 days---she is a total nut case!! My cousin is here from Colorado and we met them for lunch both Sunday and Monday! I guess the brain was just spinning to fast and it didn't click that there was a new thread! I've only been doing this since 2007!!! DUH!!!

Rosey, you are looking really good! I sure wish I could find the confidence to even just open up the sewing machine that was my Mom's. I have had it cleaned and adjusted but it just seems so intimidating to me!! I remember taking sewing in school and I made an apron--then probably 30 years ago I took a stretch and sew class and made a T-shirt. I tell myself I just need to jump in with both feet--- but then I panic! My Mother used to make so many nice clothes.

Well, Now that my brain has caught up with the times-- I will try to get caught up with everyone in the next day or so. Right now, I need to go and get my wii workout in. This picture was taken Sunday at Cheddars where we had lunch.

Be back later.....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Karen and Tim.jpg (30.7 KB, 10 views)
Old 05-03-2011, 05:09 PM   #36  
Sherry

S/C/G: 205/187.2/150

Height: 5'2" (really 5'1 1/4" ( but I refuse to accept that - I don't care what the doctor says!)

Hi Everyone - A quick flyby from me today. I won't be posting for a couple of days. Northern DD is here for a visit; haven't seen her since Christmas. Am having both DD together for dinner tonight. Anyway everyone have a good week.........catch you all later, eh?
Old 05-03-2011, 07:07 PM   #37  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Good evening ~

It was a nice day today. Beautiful weather. DH invited me on a bike ride. We went to that little park with the pond and fountain. Was just beautiful to sit there and relax ~ read a little.

This afternoon DH helped me hang up some wind chimes ~ outside the entryway/front door. I tried to take a picture, but they didn't show up very much. Another little project done

I need 10 more boxes from work to finish organizing the space in the linen closet. If you have to use boxes, I like it better and I feel like it looks nice and neat when they are all of a uniform size and shape. Maybe I'm silly

I use boxes for a lot of stuff ~ I cover them with gift wrap to make them look nice. I was collecting boxes from work for one of my "box projects", it was at another one of those times when I was frustrated with the job and hoping to find something else. I kept joking with my mom that I couldn't quit yet ~ I still needed more boxes

Well, I've got stuff to do to get ready ~ back to work tomorrow ~ so, I'd better quit fooling around here and get to busy.

Hope you all have had a nice day.

Take care
Old 05-03-2011, 07:58 PM   #38  
lynard

S/C/G: 214/206/180

Height: 5'9"

Red face

I've been reading, but too busy (lazy?) to post. Sorry. My vegies are up in the garden and thriving..peas, lettuce and spinach. We've been having warm sunny weather, but in for rain and cold for the next few days.

Had a dramatic weekend with our DD...She suddenly had to move out of her apt in NYC...the woman she rented from told her that her dad lost his job and needed the room. We told our DD, that she couldn't legally do that since she'd paid rent through May, but the woman threatened to change the locks by Monday, and DD was talking about living out of her car. Over the weekend she found another place, which she will rent herself and find her own roommate. Only hitch was, she needed us to co-sign the lease and my DH refused. I gave in and co-signed anyway, so he got mad at me and called me an enabler - I disagreed and said we were only helping her...well, you can imagine. Luckily, she seems to already have found a roommate, and me and DH are on speaking terms again. You know, I thought being a parent would get easier when they grew up.

So I have been stressed and have not been eating right. Have managed to work off some of it at the gym...but then seemed to have broken my toe last night while throwing the cat out of the bedroom. I have it taped and am taking some strong pain meds.

Love the photos everyone has been posting of themselves. You all look great.

Wish I had time for individual messages, but know that I relish all of your news.

Lyn
Old 05-03-2011, 08:36 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Height: 5'3"

Hello Everyone!

First, let me appologize if I miss anyone. I had an incredible and stressful day at work and tomorrow will be the same. After that, it should ease up.

I went to graduate school to help people and somehow I ended up as an administrator who is in charge of all the people who help people and I have all the budgets, etc to manage. Truly, I love my work but there are those days..... and I am having one of those weeks! LOL

Oh, Lyn, so sorry about your toe - that really hurts. And, your troubles. I think that all of us can relate to the fact that we are parents forever. I once told my mom that I thought it got easier when your kids are grown and she just laughed at me....

Gayle, I wish I was that good at organizing. I mostly buy organizing stuff and then don't use it.

Donna, nice to hear that you are recovering!

Bobbi, I forgot about freezing the shredded zuchini. I will have to do that this year. We also chop our peppers, spread them out on a cookie sheet to freeze so they don't stick together, then store in a bag. A great addition to soups and sauces.

Karen31 glad you found us again!

Karen FL, I am so jealous about all the fresh veggies. It will be a while before we get them here in Montana. The farmers market won't even open til mid june.

Does anyone have any ideas for good tasting low carb bars or shakes that I can easily pack for a trip? I am flying so I can't take a cooler but I will be gone for a week.

I am trying to figure out how to post a photo here. I might be back later.
Old 05-03-2011, 09:34 PM   #40  

I slept in today so got a late start on things. Got my daily tasks done but that's about it. My dh had a memorial service to attend and then we went to an "update" from one of our timeshare companies (we have two). We love our timeshare but always know these "updates" mean they will try and sell us something...but at least they are not pushy, and they even gave us $25. We didn't even know about the $25 at first...just thought we were getting new directory and the talk, and it will come in handy. My dh says now he will take me out for Mother's Day. I like to go out even though I dread it too due to my tendency to overeat.

Came home and had hamburgers and veggies for dinner. I'm a little high in carbs today and near the end of my calorie limit. We are about to go to church so at least i won't be here being tempted to eat all evening but think I'd better go to bed as soon as i get home. The scale was surprisingly kind to me today but I'm still just going up and down, up and down. Will be fun to see whether in a couple more weeks I'm actually any lower.

My gym offers Zumba and I was thinking about taking it but couldn't work out the schedule. I don't want to spend my life at the gym!

Hope you all have had a good day and have a good evening! See you tomorrow!

eta: I got the vanilla protein drink form the Ideal Chocolate Drink company today. It's very good and very filling too. I think I prefer the chocolate but they are actually both very tasty. I had one drink before dinner, ate my hamburger with tomatoes, pickles and sweet onion and am now stuffed! My hamburger was about 3 oz and on a small bun.

Last edited by maryea; 05-03-2011 at 09:37 PM.
Old 05-03-2011, 10:30 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

I forgot to tell you earlier, in my continuing adventures of trying to take better care of myself.....

Tonight I went to a specialty bra place and had myself fitted by an expert. Wow, a really good experience and the girls look much better. LOL The bras are pretty comfortable.

The band size was 8 INCHES smaller than I was wearing when I started this journey. Oh my......
Old 05-04-2011, 08:35 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning, Everyone,

Rainy day here in Eastern PA. I have a scrapping morning planned with one of my neighbors. We have a common room on the ground floor of our condo. It is a nice cozy room with round tables and chairs and a fireplace. We will scrap here.

So, what is everyone planning for Mother's day? If it stops raining, we are planning a picnic/walking day at a nearby park/lake.

Lynn
Old 05-04-2011, 09:45 AM   #43  

S/C/G: 171/160/120

Height: 5 feet- if I really stretch

I had a very nice dinner with my Sister and Mom last night. I haven't seen my Sister since Christmas. I have lost 30 pounds as of yesterday since Christmas, and she never even noticed
Old 05-04-2011, 09:59 AM   #44  
Ellabella

S/C/G: 194/162/145

Height: 5'6

Good morning, oh Golden ones…..very gray morning here today, with rain showers predicted for today & tomorrow. Hopefully, a good weekend ahead. I should maybe get a bumper sticker for my car that says “Lives for weekends…” I had a follow up appointment with my PC yesterday, and my bp is still much too high; he put me on another medication along with the one I’ve been taking. Turns out that my shortness of breath (primarily on stairs) is because of the high bp causing my heart to overwork. Once we get the bp down for a while that should improve. Also applauded my biking, says to keep at it – which I am planning to do, anyway of course, because it’s so much fun. Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln…. Oh, and I think my bp will improve too, once my weight is where it needs to be. I’ve been doing pretty well with saying “no” (NO) to temptation – most notably yesterday, when someone had left a great big tub of gourmet soft chocolate chunk & pecan cookies that I love, love, LOVE, and have indulged in to (great) excess in the past – in the employee lunch room. I SWEAR the people who work here think way too much about food and snacks and treats and so forth. Well, I looked longingly at them as I poured my cup of (black) coffee, and actually forced myself to think about how quickly I could scarf down two or three cookies (or four or five) and then how little I would gain in satisfaction, but how MUCH I would throw off (Completely derail, actually) my calorie counting for the day. Good, solid self-talk, and I was able to drag myself out of the lunchroom and back to my office without nibbling so much as a crumb. (Just had to share that I made it over one of my highest hurdles – the soft chocolate chunk & pecan cookie. A serious diet-buster in the past; those suckers are something like 250 calories APIECE!)
Not much else to report in my corner of the world.
Sounds like a nice way to spend Mother’s Day, Lynn. I’m really not sure what my kids have in store, but I know they’re busy cooking up something. I always get them something (well, my dd’s – not ds) as well, because they are mothers, too – and very good ones at that. My son’s fiancée stopped in last night to show me the dresses she’s picked out for her bridesmaids, and suggested a bike ride & picnic on Mother’s Day, but I told her to check in with the others before we make any concrete plans. (I WOULD like to do that, though).
Rie, I’ve heard that most women actually do wear bras that are too big around and too small in the cup. Most would look better and feel WAY better with smaller-around-the-back and a larger cup size. I have had big “girls” since I was young, and wore a D cup for years. Over the past 10 years, I’ve “graduated” to a DD. What an accomplishment, huh?
Mary, you said exactly what I feel when it comes to gyms – about not wanting to spend your life at one, I mean. I’m still working every day (as you know, of course) but that means making choices about how I spend my off hours. Sweating at a gym is definitely not at the top of my favorites list. Now that spring is finally making an appearance, I hope to get out walking or bike riding after work for at least 3 days a week, and then on weekends, of course. And that’s the most time I’m willing to commit to exercising. Oh, I do have my stationary bike-thingie at home, and use that for 15 minutes or so every day (I had dh bring it down from the attic last week) but my time is at such a premium already, what with working and commuting that I wouldn’t have time for anything else if I did the gym every day. Maybe I’ll feel differently once I have whole days to myself after I retire, but who knows? I think that you already do plenty of exercising…I mean, you do a LOT!
How big is your cat, Lyn? He/she must weigh a TON if you broke your toe trying to get him/her out of the bedroom! (I’m picturing a 350-pound tiger).
Gayle, yup – dh rides with me, too. It IS pleasant, although when I’m huffing and puffing uphill, he seems to just glide right up, which annoys me to no end…
Enjoy your daughters, Sherry!
Hah! Glad you found us again, Karen31! We were missing you, girl! Pictures look great! You’re shrinking, my dear!
Glad that cream is helping, PT….sorry to hear that your neck is always hurting. Yikes. That’s not fair!
What IS going on with your weather, Bobbi? Well, I guess the question is: what’s going on with weather in general? All those awful storms in the south, flooding, craziness in so many places. I hope summer figures out that it’s due to be arriving here soon and gets a move on…we’re all going to end up half-crazed with seasonal affective disorder and go around hollering and jumping up and down or something pretty soon.
Karen3, that fresh corn and all those tomatoes of yours has me very envious…now I’m actually daydreaming about a supper of fresh corn on the cob and sliced tomatoes right out of the garden. When they’re good and fresh, I can make a whole meal just of corn & tomatoes! Yum!
Hmmm, Freda, I’ve got to say that you’ve got me wondering about Zumba; I DO like to move around to music. I wonder if that would work for me…
Nancy – how are you doing? Have you spent any time in that swing of yours? That just sounds sooooo fabulous to me; I think if I had one, I’d spend half my life out there sitting in it!
Hi Rosey, Maureen, Nona, and anyone else that I’ve managed to miss, what with my advanced age and failing memory….oh, Maureen? Is your sister heavy? Sounds to me like she couldn't help but notice, but might've been a little jealous? Or perhaps too insecure about herself to applaud your accomplishment? Ahhhh...family.
Well, I must get back to my duties I suppose

Have a great day, everybody!
Z
Old 05-04-2011, 11:50 AM   #45  
Bobbi

Mornin'
We are going to drag out all the plants and the peach tree again this morning.....geezzzzzzz, what unpredictable weather. Some of the peach tree leaves fell off because of the 27 degree weather but looks like it'll make it.
Zoe...well done my friend, I had the same temptations where I worked many moons ago. I would get my stubborn side up and usually ignore the goodies. I remember once for our meeting they were going to feed us Croissant sandwiches, ever looked up the calories in those delicious buttery buns? I brought two slices of diet bread in and pulled the meat from the croissant to put on my bread, you'd think I grew two heads by the way some people looked at me. I didn't know you had high blood pressure Zoe, hope your new meds help.
Quote:
Well, I looked longingly at them as I poured my cup of (black) coffee, and actually forced myself to think about how quickly I could scarf down two or three cookies (or four or five) and then how little I would gain in satisfaction, but how MUCH I would throw off (Completely derail, actually) my calorie counting for the day. Good, solid self-talk, and I was able to drag myself out of the lunchroom and back to my office without nibbling so much as a crumb. (Just had to share that I made it over one of my highest hurdles

Teagranny...congrats on the 30 pound loss, awesome!
Lynn...don't have anything planned for mom's day yet, we usually celebrate my brothers birthday, May 11 and my dad's birthday May 12 on Mothers day.
Montana gal....I would love to be fitted by a pro, I did read how to properly measure myself. I used to wear a 36 C but since losing my weight I went down to a 34D? Weird, I always bulged out of the C cups and I didn't want to admit that my boobs were that fat. The D cups feel great, no bulging either. I'd love to have a breast reduction, I have such droopy girls but then everyone my age has gravity working against them.
Mary...nice of DH to take you out for Mom's day, you deserve a cook free day.
Lyn...I'm with you, I'd co-sign in a New York Minute for our daughter. Your daughter will know she can always depend on good ole mom. We've had to help our only child many times when she was a single mom raising two boys. Now she's married to a horse's B-hind and looks like she's going to give him his walking papers tonight. Hurrah!
Glynne...yup, keeping your storage boxes the same size makes everything look better and they stack better. I'm guilty of covering boxes with sticky contact paper. All my high heels are in plastic shoe boxes the same size. They fill my top closet shelf perfect and I printed out a photo of the shoes in the box and posted on the front.
KarenMo...I guess divorce is in the air, I'd like to ring your son's neck and your brother is old enough to take care of himself. Please don't tell me you son is going back to his Ex?
Jess...does that back rubbing cream work on sore muscles? Maybe it'd help my stiff neck.
KarenFla...We tried to buy another whiskey barrel last week and he didn't carry them anymore. He said they quoted him $88.00 cost plus he'd have to add a profit and shipping cost on top of that. They use huge copper vats to make booze in and the whiskey barrels are hard to get.
My washer just clicked off, I better get my load of clothes out on the line. It's suppose to get up to 50 degrees, warm enough to dry my clothes.
Have a good one!
Closed Thread