View Single Post
Old 02-22-2005, 08:53 PM   #7
videochick

Smile

Hi, I'm Melissa (aka videochick) 41, 42 in June, single, two cats. Live in NYC, work for public agency in community relations.

At 5'6" was never a thin girl, held my own at about 150 since H.S. In late 90s gained about 10lbs when I went to grad school part time, but even at 160 was a sz 12 which I was okay with. In Dec 2001 had a bad time with fibroids and my cycle, was put on all kinds of hormone things and gained close to 20lbs in like 2 months - yikes. When I came off, I thought for sure the weight would come off since I wasn't having the massive hunger bouts but it didn't. My sister, who was overweight had joined LAWL in April 2002 and in the first month had significant losses (I think she was just over 200) so in May 2002 I joined, too. It took me about 6 months to go from 176 to 147, I never lost the 2lbs a week, never. I don't think I've ever even lost more than 2lbs doing the take off. Then I hung in there at around 147-152 for about 1 1/2 years. Then life got in the way, and I've done a lot of stress eating and just plain old "I want it and I'm gonna have it!" eating. Currently, I'm at 162, which isn't so bad because it is a weight I maintained for several years before, but once i was back down in that 150 range, I really did feel thin (funny when I was 19 and 150 all I wanted was to be 120!) I am currently on the Gold Plan, but sometimes use the blue plan which I got off ebay. I will be happy just to fit comfortably in a size 10.

That's my story so far. I'm challenged everyday to stay OP and also trying to exercise consistently. While LA doesn't encourage it, I feel that fitness is important especially for looking and feeling younger and healthier.

This forum and the LAWL chicks are an amazing source of inspiration and motivation for me. Thank you.

Melissa
videochick is offline   Reply With Quote