View Single Post
Old 08-19-2004, 04:46 PM   #2
lilpyrate

Hi there!! I'm brand new to this site and this is my first post. I am a 30 year old female, divorced, now newly engaged again also looking for a friend to mutually support one another in my life long weight loss effort. I have been overweight/obese since childhood. About 4 years ago I lost 120 lbs, my highest weight being 300 lbs +. I lost most of my weight after my divorce and I never did reach my ultimate goal. I have found that since being in a relationship again I've gained back almost 20 lbs. I'm absolutely terrified that I will gain even more and my efforts this time to take off the weight don't seem to be working. I'm at the point where I'm ready to glue my lips shut to keep myself from eating. I stepped on the scale this morning and weighed in at 199.5 lbs, and I swore to myself 4 years ago that I would never break 200 lbs again.

I stumbled on this site while researching various weight loss "gimmicks" and found extremely valuable information on the crap pills/patches/what have you that they are selling out there on the internet. I've found myself wanting so much to believe that these products work, only to find myself fatter and broke to boot. It's so frustrating to be slammed with images of slender, beautiful women and then to look at myself in the mirror each day and be disgusted with my body.

I guess my goal is to be happy with myself. Frankly I don't care what anyone else thinks about my body, but I do know that I was treated differently at 300 lbs. I've set my ultimate goal at 160-165, but my immediate goal before the end of the year would be to break into the 180's. I really think that we could help each other, and I'm ready to stop this weight gain before goes any further.
lilpyrate is offline   Reply With Quote