Old 10-29-2011, 12:21 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 181/169/150

Height: 5'4

Default Singletons?

Hi everyone

So, thus far I've had amazing support from so many people on this site. But I've found that most of the people I'm interacting with are married with children. I have all the respect for these ladies who have so much on their plates! But I'm a singleton, career-focused girl, and I find my weight loss comes with different challenges. So I just thought I'd put a shout-out out there and see if there are any others floating along in a similar boat.
momwannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 11:10 AM   #2  

Pretty much all my friends are married with kids. I am neither - always wanted to be, but that is the way it goes.

Career-focused? Well. I am working and also in school. I will be losing my current job and I am definitely focused on getting a job that I can live off of.

Right now I definitely know that my day to day issues are different than my married/kids friends. We do the best we can to support each other, but yes, it is very different.
HikingChloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 04:52 AM   #3  

Some people think I'm crazy, but I'm single and loving it I can't see myself ever settling down with a guy, and although I love kids, I don't want any of my own.
Eruanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 10:08 AM   #4  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

/waves

Well hello

Single, career girl/Master's student here. I agree, I have respect for the ladies with families, but it does come with different challenges, ESPECIALLY when you have a demanding schedule that causes you to travel a whole lot.
stellarosa27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 03:53 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 308/308/156

Height: 5'7"

Hello Singletons

I just got out of a very long relationship...and my single days ever since we broke up, have been fabulous! I'm so glad to be single and free and what I please I think its aweome that you started this thread. I just started on this website today and I really see the support that everyone gives! I hope to be someone that can give it too!

MeeMoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 09:48 PM   #6  
Run, run, run!

S/C/G: 204/160/???

Height: 5'4"

<<<<<So single!

I'm in the same boat. I work in a professional job and take night classes. I've tried dating, but haven't had much luck. I have some work left to do on myself. I definitely don't have the confidence to find the right guy. I'm close to goal, 'close' is a loose term LOL.
PrairieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 11:48 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 189/186.8/160 (restart)

Height: 5'5"

I'm career focused and a student, but I have a boyfriend. Does that count?

No plans to have kids and if I get married, it might be a lot later in life. I need to think about the effects it might have on me financially.
Rana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 02:12 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 285/196/150

Height: 5'4"

Single lady here. Not current in a relationship or kids but would love to connect with other singletons this site.
karybeary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 03:51 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 238.5/?/no more scale 4 me!

Height: 5ft 4 (on a good day!)

totally 100% single here too
bellastarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 12:32 PM   #10  

Hey ladies!

So glad to hear there are some others in this boat! I'm trying hard to date at the moment, but having a social life, working and trying to get to gym / eat healthily is proving hard!
Old 11-09-2011, 12:12 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 285.6/280/175

Height: 5'10"

Talking Single here too!

Hellllooooo!
i too am single and have been for the last 5 yrs now. i've found that my weight has been a large issue to why i haven't put myself out there. the guys i find attractive dont find me attractive and the guys who do as i say "want to get all up in my jelly" i dont find appealing. so i ended up just being the funny "big" pretty girl that everyone wants to be friends w/ but nothing more. WELL NO MORE I SAY!! i've been on IP for 2 wks now and i am never going back!! men hold onto your hats is all i have to say!!
may everyone else here have the same outcome from getting healthy too!!
grabbypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 02:23 AM   #12  

Well, I went on a date last night. First off, dating is very hard at the moment because I'm so strict about what I'm eating and drinking, of course. But if I know I'm going out, I try and bank some calories for a couple of drinks. Anyway, we were people watching and I commented on a particular girl's dress. The guy replied, "You mean the big chick?". I really hate that that's what people see first about a person. And at the moment I'm finding it hard to get myself out of that category. I still feel very fat, even though I've lost almost 20 pounds and am only just, just overweight according to my BMI. I have decided to stop pointing out my weight to everyone! I'll often say "as a fellow non-skinny chick" or whatever, and i don't think I'm doing myself any favours!
Old 11-15-2011, 03:13 PM   #13  

Smile

Thanks for posting this - I often feel the same way regarding the message boards as I am not married and have no kids. I am glad to see I am not an anomoly here. How is everyone doing? I am only newly committed to weight loss but down 8 lbs in te last three weeks so I'm pretty pleased.
Rocketgirl2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 03:27 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 228/224/160

Height: 5'7

I'm a newly single too. I'm a student in my final (stressful) year of university. I think maybe it's good to be free of a relationship right now. I need to work on myself so I can choose my next relationship from a position of strength and confidence ... and I'm really excited!
ohadele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 12:21 PM   #15  

Hey!

Rocketgirl: Wow, 8 pounds down in three weeks? That's fantastic! Well done! I find weekends quite difficult. I'm at home more of the time, and feel a bit lonely. And then I want to eat! :-)

Ohadele: I'm sorry about your relationship, but it's nice to hear you so positive!

I hit the 140's today. Or 10kgs down. Two big milestones. :-)