Old 04-19-2007, 11:41 PM   #91  
It Just Goes To Show You!

S/C/G: 222/195.5/136

Height: 5'2"

Hey Everybody...

I did my weigh in today and lost one pound...

I am thinking that this week has been particularly difficult as I have not been taking proper care of myself...I have been up too late (2-3am) and then up really early (5:30am) and not drinking all my water because work has been a real killer...

And maybe stress too because my jeep died (transmission, starter and rad) and it has been recessitated but all the money and I am worried that maybe it is not enough...and then my daughter has been having tuition issues at university and now she has been looking at Law school and the tuition is crazy...

So probably a combination of lots of things...

But anyways...Hope all is well with everyone!
Kimush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 09:08 AM   #92  
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

Hi girls how is everyone doing?

Kimush I hear you. I've had a stressful week and been turning to food. That's why I gained this week 2.5lbs I'm ashamed to say

I hate mirrors tried clothes on the other day and hated what I say. So what did I do? I ate those Hershey chocolate covered pretzel bars only 100 calories. If you just eat 1

Have a good weekend everyone.
Clydegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 09:26 AM   #93  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

I have been seeking a 40 something group. I'm 47 this caught my eye...

got room for one more???
ladybugnessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 10:10 AM   #94  
Constantly Tweaking

S/C/G: 172/159/130

Height: 5'2" (give or take)

Nessa! We've got plenty 'o room here. Hey, I'm the same one who loved your "I can't I'm allergic; I break out in fat" quote from another thread. This is a great thread. Lots of support and funny ladies here.

Kim- the 28 day makeover is basically a weight/cardio program plus really, really clean eating. It's kind of what I've been doing and I mostly bought the book because it had a ton of different weight exercises. I only got the interval cardio (which I had been doing anyway) in once so far this week. When I'm done w/this post I'm going down for 1/2 hr. I've had a crazy, busy week; not home at all. Did do all the weight stuff; the eating has been very good although I can't seem to follow the book's diet plan too well. I improvise and eat what fits into my day. I'm mostly a calorie counter and I try to limit starchy carbs. I need to pick a day and weigh in. I was doing Fridays then stopped and now get on the scale when I think I've lost some weight. No rhyme or reason! Congrats on the one lb. loss!! I'm itching to get into the 150's right now. I'm right on the edge. The weather has finally, finally gotten nice. Just today. I've had the heat on the past 2 weeks. Crazy!! Now that the weather is co-operating I can finally get regular dog walks in the afternoon. If I can manage 3-4 days a week, in addition to the other stuff, I know the scale will move down.

How is everyone else doing? We've been looking (on-line) at colleges this past week. Too much information overload is going in my brain right now. We're trying to plan visits over the next few months. My daughter, Julie, needs to figure out which college is best for her. There's one that's a good school but it 2.5 hrs. (one way) away. I just can't stand the thought of her being that far away. (Aren't I selfish?) There are others closer by (1 to 1 1/2 hrs. away). The parental units will be pushing for these schools!

Hope you guys are doing well. Talk to ya soon!

Jo

HEY, I just realized -- they've given us our own group -- 40 somethings! WOW, we must really rate!!!!
Is that really me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 10:51 AM   #95  
mudbug

S/C/G: 232/215/160

Height: 5'9

Here's to 40 somethings

Kimush... Weightloss sometimes comes when we least expect it!

Jo... I remember too well the time and stress getting our boys into the right collage. It almost at times seem to be a part time job. Both of them went out of state, which was so hard for me. Here's one tip when stuck between 2 choices... when award letters come in , let the collages know what the others are offering and can they do better because you'd really want to go to their collage.. you never know.

ladybugnessa...

Fat in Hong Kong... Did you ever make it to the ball?

Clydegirl...Ashley103....bibbityboo...

For me the scale has been slow but steady, Which is I quess is the way It's suppose to be . I'm just really impatient!! But I do feel my body getting stonger and my clothes getting looser. I will be seeing family this summer that I haven't seen in a while and I just don't want to be embarrased. So, that Is my goal for now.

Rhonda
mudbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 11:22 AM   #96  
One pound at a time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybugnessa View Post
I have been seeking a 40 something group. I'm 47 this caught my eye...

got room for one more???
Of course jump right in.
Old 04-20-2007, 01:18 PM   #97  

S/C/G: 242/184/135

Height: 5'4"

Default May I join you?

Hi there! I hope that I can squeek by and join in. I am 48 years old and will be 49 in June. Ugh....I cannot believe that I've let myself live overweight for so many years, but destructive thinking will no longer work. I am now looking forward to the new me when I turn 50. I am not new to 3fatchicks, but unfortunately I have been inactive for some time. So many changes this past year....my father (whom I was very close with and helped care for) passed away and then six weeks later my husband of 23 years told me that he was filing for a divorce. Although we had been through some difficult times before, I certainly didn't see this coming. I was at 235 pounds then, and during the next 6 months got to 158. It wasn't a healthy weight loss, and here I am a year later back at 192. I began reading The Beck Diet Solution on Monday and committed to healthy eating and excercising. I am down 8 pounds in 5 days, which of course is partially water weight, but it's a good, solid committed start.
I am planning to embrace my new life and enjoy everything as it comes. Life is short as we have seen this past week, especially with the horrible massace at VA Tech. I am looking forward to sharing my journey with you and I hope that you will also reach out to me and let me know how you are doing.
All the Best!
BJ (aka - Travelchick)
BTW, I will update my profile it's currently 242 highest ever - 192 beginning this new committment - 184 today and 1st mini-goal is 175 by my vacation to Phoenix on May 19th. I'm going to do mini-goals until I reach my ultimate goal of 135.
travelchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 10:45 PM   #98  

Well Hey Everyone!

A Big huge WELCOME to Nessa and BJ!

Group Hug

Clydegirl...mirrors really suck big time...

Jo it is so sad to realize that they have gotten that old that now they get to try those wings out...Elisabeth will be around for another year (2 at the most) and then she is looking at law school and she keeps talking NYU...that is a whole other country away! But it is exciting seeing them make all their plans and start getting ready to do it...Elisabeth has just started buying stuff when she leaves so that has been fun!

Rhonda, I love the "Will Power Dust"...you will do it...even being impatient...you are determined and that is half the work of getting into the right mindset!

BJ...you are really a marvel and very positive...it is really good to see all that determination and strength...I was totally fed up in January and have been plugging away ever since...I am hoping that this is the last time in my life that I have to struggle like this with my weight...but I think that I will always have my "fat tooth" and I just have to tame it once and for all...but like I have said...I am turning 46 and exercise has never been a friend of mine...I went on the Best Life Plan and I wear a pedometer and this I could do forever and live quite happily...so this is "My Life Plan"...

Nessa...what diet plan are you doing?

Nichola and Susan B it has been a while I hope all is good for you guys!

Well the weekend is here guys and work is done! Tomorrow I am going shopping to Toronto Ontario guys with my niece (14years old) and my daughter...so I am heading to bed I am really wiped out!

Old 04-22-2007, 10:07 AM   #99  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Hi everybody, we're home! I've got a little bit of tan and 5 lbs to show for my vacation
I'll come back soon and see what you've all been up to.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 10:12 AM   #100  
ONEderland here I come!

hi Kimush, I'm following South Beach Diet. and getting lots of exercise and drinking lots of water.

oh and if anyone gets health magazine i'm going to be in it soon in the article about beating binge eating.
Old 04-22-2007, 10:24 PM   #101  

S/C/G: 211/169.2/145

Height: 5'6"

Question Hello, can I join in?

I am 47 yo, will be 48 in June. I have been up and down the scales for the last 11 yrs. I was down to 142 in 1996 and at my all time high wt of 211 in 2004. Over the last 2 1/2 yrs - I have, very slowly I might add lost 43 lbs and am at about 168-169.

I struggle with eating and finding time to exercise. But I am going to do this if it is the last thing I do

I look forward getting to know everyone here.
ewk1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 10:48 PM   #102  
One pound at a time.

Hi everyone.

Wow ladybug you're going to be in health magazine that's impressive. Will the article be on their web-site? Do they have a web-site? When will the article be in the magazine?

Susan we missed you. 5lbs is nothing when you're on holiday.

Welcome ewk jump in and chat
Old 04-22-2007, 11:14 PM   #103  

Hey Everyone...

Hey Welcome Ewk1999...Glad to "meet" you! We are quite the friendly bunch! Which plan/diet do you follow?

What a beautiful spring weekend this was and I obviously forgot how to properly apply sunscreen because I have a sun burn on my shoulders, neck and arms...

Susan B...glad you are back...missed you...5 lbs is nothing...that will be off before you know it...it could have been rich eating, not enough water, less exercise/walking, and overall relaxation...but not to worry!

Nessa... Congrats on the Health Magazine article ...I will be on the look out...do you know when it hits the stores? South Beach interesting is that one of the diets that have the prepared foods that looks yummy?

Clydegirl...I took my niece and daughter shopping yesterday and I was thinking of you...the stores we went into all had tons of mirrors (even the book store had mirrors which was kinda creepy!)...but the two thirft stores had one in each dressing room and only 2 others that were strategically placed...yeah for thrift stores!

Well girls time to get ready for work and get ready for bed...you know what just donned on me...there are no men on our thread! What do you suppose that is all about?
Old 04-22-2007, 11:24 PM   #104  
One pound at a time.

Kimush I got burnt as well today. Didn't realise at the time as it was so windy.
I have really fair skin and should have put on some sunscreen.

So did you buy anything for yourself or were you treating your daughter and niece?

When the weather warms up and you start peeling off the layers that's when I really notice the weight.
Old 04-23-2007, 12:21 AM   #105  
ONEderland here I come!

while you can buy South Beach diet foods in the stores to be honest they don't actually follow the true original intent of the diet which was for heart pateints to get healthy. in the year i've been on the beach, i've never eaten one. we make all our own foods from scratch to be honest.