Old 04-30-2007, 11:59 AM   #151  
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanB View Post
A mental plateau! I like that terminology. I've been thinking I'm in a rut so I'm doing a 21 day challenge to see if I can shake things up. Anybody in? I put it in Support Groups.
Me too just the jumpstart I need.
Clydegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 08:37 PM   #152  
It Just Goes To Show You!

S/C/G: 222/195.5/136

Height: 5'2"

Hey There Everyone...

A Big Huge to Droopsygirl AKA Cherie and Christabell3!!!

Christabell3 What plan are you on?...Plateaus suck as much as TOM!

Cherie...WW...I have had a friend on that and she is now into almost one year of maintaining her weight loss and she swears by it!

Jo...I will be linking into the Phyton link when I am done...I know that as long as you don't lose too much of the fight this plateau will come and go...your body just needs to catch up to where you have taken it right now! So a plateau can be seen as a good thing...even though they suck! Kind of a right of passage! Mental Plateau! Could be the name of a new group...remember Spinal Tap?

Slashnl...Holy moses...that scale sounds possessed! I keep looking at the newer scales and they are so technological that they scare me!

Susan B and Clydegirl...what is a 21 day challenge? Are we talking Special K or Activa Yogurt? I am in a rut too I mean I bought a camper stool with a cooler/pic nic set attached and a mouse trap...that was the highlight of my weekend!
Kimush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 10:33 PM   #153  
One pound at a time.

Kimush here is the thread that Susan started.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=111258

It's only 21 days and might help get out of the rut.
Old 05-01-2007, 03:23 PM   #154  
mudbug

S/C/G: 232/215/160

Height: 5'9

Great idea Susan!!
Been away from my computer for a while, but still keeping OP . Need to also get back to keeping track on fitday, so my goals for 21 days will be ....

logging food on fitday

Biking 20miles -3 x wk

not eating while watching tv

eating leaner protien and more veggies

not eating out-If I can help it.

My 21 days start today... so far, so good

Rhonda
mudbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 10:45 AM   #155  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

LOL Kimush. So I was reading about your big purchase and thinking, "hey, that sounds pretty cool." (I've lowered my standards as to what I find exciting. But I'll tell you... back in the day...)
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 04:36 PM   #156  

S/C/G: 245/237/165

Height: 5'10.5"

Hi everyone,
I was out yesterday with my daughter's doctor appointment - I missed "talking" with y'all though...interesting how much I've incorporated this forum into my daily routine.
Slashnl- you said your scale showed "Lo" at one point - usually it is the battery even if it's "new" from the store. It could have been a low battery when they put it in at the factory 10 months ago. As for the "C" you've got a more technological scale than mine...so, let us know when you figure it out please. I ended up going to a chiropracter yesterday because of my back. So I know exactly how you feel. Please take care and work out the kinks.
Susan - EXCELLENT idea. I'm IN...of course, I have no idea how to do this, so please be patient with the bizarre questions that I'll be asking...
Jo- How are you doing??? I know that plateau must be giving you fits. Please know, we're all here cheering for you to stick it through (OP of course).
Kimush - Are you going to join the challenge too?
Take care all.
Cammie
ShyCammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 09:13 PM   #157  

Hey All,

Diane...Isn't that the most saddest shopping spree...I didn't find anything crazy and out there...oh I stand corrected...I purchased the perfect "non-lethal" mouse trap...

Cammie...Yes I am going to commit and here is my proposed! ...No processed foods, no toxic foods (alcohol, pop, white flour, trans fats, no sugar except in natural forms-fruit)...

Susan B...What a cool idea! I am joining!

Clydegirl...Thanks for the thread thingy! I am joining...

My 21 day resolve...

1. I will take all my daily supplements...
Omegas, evening primrose oil, multi-vit, vit c, etc

2. I will not eat any food that are pre-packaged or prepared
...No cereal, frozen meals, 100 cal snacker packages, nothing in a non-natural form...

3. No toxic foods...
No alcohol
No pop
No white floured or white rice products
No trans fats or un-necessary fats or un-healthy fats
No sugars except in natural forms-fruits or veggies

4. I will drink my minimum daily requirement of water

Well tomorrow is my weigh date so I am uncertain what will happen as my mood has been "sour or poopy" all week...and I really think that your mental health and outlook on life are so important! So I am hoping that this will work!
Old 05-02-2007, 11:15 PM   #158  
Constantly Tweaking

S/C/G: 172/159/130

Height: 5'2" (give or take)

Hi guys! Been busy as a bee here. Still plateauing. But considering I ate off plan last week I guess staying the same is better than gaining! I joined SusanB's 21 day challenge. I started Monday so I guess today w/be day 19 for me (counting backwards). I've stuck completely OP w/the food since Monday. I posted my goals on the 21 day challenge thread that Susan started. Exercising is going about the same but I did something to my right knee/leg last week -- possibly doing leg weights -- and it pulled a muscle in behind my right knee then felt like it pinched a nerve. I can't seem to bend my knee more than a 90 degree angle or it hurts like crazy. So I've laid off the TM this week and am just walking the dog.

Tomorrow Julie (16 yr. old) and I are doing a college visit. This is a first for us; I'm sure we'll get the hang of it.

Something truly awful happened this morning -- our coffeemaker broke! I've tried cleaning it and everything but it isn't working. Just got back at 9:30 from Kohl's w/a new one. E-gads, I can't imagine trying to function w/out my daily cupa joe!!

Gotta run; it's too late for me at 11:15pm but Lost just went off so I'm off to bed. Just wanted to pop in to say hi and yes, I'm still around!

Jo
Is that really me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 11:40 PM   #159  
One pound at a time.

Kimush that's quite a list. You've really thought it out. One thing I need to do is increase my exercise. I've done OK this week I think. Will know tomorrow when I get on those scales.

I definetly got my workout today. My oldest moved out of her dorm room and we climbed up and down 6 flights of stairs moving all her stuff . It was a busy day up there everyone was moving out and the elevator keys were in great demand. I kept saying where did she get all this stuff. So we are back to a full house. The dynamics of the house have changed again

Jo I enjoyed doing the visits went to 3 colleges. What school are you going to visit.
Old 05-03-2007, 11:41 AM   #160  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Hey Jo, you sound like you're having a fun time with injury, like me. I tweaked something in my back and have been so sore that I just can't walk like I had been. I'm going back out to walk today and see if I can move past this hurdle. It made me so mad because I was doing so well. I don't need anything that gets in my way. It's hard enough to keep going as it is! Hopefully your knee will get better soon! I told a friend of mine that I feel like an old car that has an engine seizing up. ha! And then you had the trauma of losing your coffee maker!! I don't know how to survive without my coffee. I always worry about breaking the pot at night when I wash it. However, I do have a coffee press that I use when we go camping, so I would be able to dig that out!

Clydegirl: Oh boy! Moving out of a dorm. It seems like yesterday when I was moving out of a dorm room... It's amazing how quickly you can accumulate things, even in a small space like that! Sounds like your peace and quiet might be over for awhile. My kids aren't that age yet, but I can see that the end of school is in sight for them and they are starting to get into slack mode. My youngest is going to middle school next year. He is so excited! I'm actually excited for him. He needs more of a challenge than he is getting now. He's in baseball now, but we're going to work on keeping him in shape (and trying to get me into shape) over the summer so that it doesn't kill him again this year when he starts football at the end of summer.

Well, better get back to work...
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 09:37 PM   #161  

Hey Everyone...

Today was day 21 of my challenge (I will also count backwards like Jo and I think Susan B does this too)...all was really good as I do follow the principles of the Best Life Plan...so I did really well... it is just so convienent to reach for a processed food treat instead of something...well...not...also part of my challenge is no snacking 2 hours before bed...

What has bummed me out and Jo you are such an inspiration how you have just kept plugging along...is I am still plateauing and I am heading into my second week now...that really sucks...so I think moving from processed foods should help...

Also, what is so sucky...I broke my tooth on my salad! Well, on the almonds on my salad...so this may really put a wrinkle in eating healthly...I don't want another root canal because I have had probs with this tooth now for years...so I will have it just pulled out but that is such a bother...
Old 05-03-2007, 09:50 PM   #162  
Staying in 1derland!

S/C/G: 288/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"

OMG i'm 46 ...47 in october.. you mean I am an oldie but goodie.... now thats really scary how did i get this old this fast??????????
curlylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 10:06 PM   #163  

S/C/G: 220/220/150

Height: 5'8"

Kimush,
You go girl. I am behind you. I am on Day 6 of my life style change and am doing well. I only had one day I fell off the wagon and that was the night before my two last finals. Stress was very high at the time. But they are done and I am better. Now need to get motivated to exercise.

Hope you all have a great evening.

Cheri'

Last edited by Droopysgirl; 05-03-2007 at 10:23 PM.
Droopysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 07:48 AM   #164  
Constantly Tweaking

S/C/G: 172/159/130

Height: 5'2" (give or take)

Hi guys. Figured I'd hope on here early today so I don't get bogged down w/stuff and then forget. Aahh, I'm am addle-brained at times.

Clydegirl -- we went to Kutztown University (PA) yesterday. Very nice drive (read that as fun roads to drive on!). Only took about 45 minutes to get there. My daughter thought it was hysterical that I got confused as to what time we were suppose to be there and arrived an hour early. I thought we had to be there at 10am; that's for the Millersville (PA) visit in two weeks. She liked the school just ok; wasn't bowled over by it but it does remain on the list. She's looking for secondary education and broadcasting. Finding the two in a smaller school that's not too far from home is challenging. Private school w/be ideal but I'm having a tough time finding a good broadcasting (production, not PR, journalism, media writing, etc.) program. We're just starting out though; guess what we'll be doing all summer? What year is your daughter? I'll bet they accumlate tons of stuff. But dorm rooms are pretty small so she'll probably love having an apartment and more room. More room for even more stuff!

Slash -- my knee/leg seems fine now. Still not sure what I did -- possibly kneeling when weeding over the weekend or doing leg/weight stuff. Dunno. My hand is still not up to par. Cripes I thought it was fine. I picked up my daughter's schoolbag about an hr ago to put something in it and now the finger and up the hand is pulling again. Just turning it different ways is hurting. Writing hurts it. I might just bag the weights today. I desparately need to clean though. Guess I'll just wing it w/my right hand. Stupid, stupid hand!

Kim/Cheri - very ambitious 21 day challenge Kim! I've been doing well -- except for yesterday. Was fine till after lunch then around 3pm it all fell apart. I got very, very tired and that just completely messes w/my willpower. Like stress Cheri, it just throws everything off. Just ate stuff I shouldn't have (including an ice cream cone last night watching Survivor) but at least it was just one day. No pig-out or anything like that but just enough to go off program. Back on track today. And no, for the record, the scale is just sitting there -- still. <heavy, heavy sigh>. But what's a girl to do but just keep plugging away? Sooner or later something will happen. Keep going Kim; somethings gotta give sooner or later!

Welcome curlylocks. Yeah, age has a funny was of just kinda creeping in, doesn't it? I look at it like "well, in 10 years I'll think 46 is young!" Everyone gets older but not everyone gets "old". I'm never gonna get "old" -- I'm gonna be blasting funky tunes like Brickhouse and Play That Funky Music (White Boy) when I'm 100 and in the home!!!

Jo
Is that really me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 09:56 AM   #165  
One pound at a time.

Morning girls.

Jo my daughter moved out the dorm back home for summer break She's just finished her freshman year. When she goes back she will move into an apartment on campus.

I lost 2.5lbs this week. Finally.

Kimush I cracked a tooth at christmas on a nut. Haven't been to the dentist yet It's not bothering me figured I would wait until my appt in June. I hate going to the dentist.

Welcome Curlylocks oldies but goodies.