Old 04-10-2007, 12:10 AM   #46  
No Excuses~Better Choices

S/C/G: 14st 6lb/13st 12lb/10st 5lb

Height: 5'2"

Hi Everyone,

Sounds like you all had an enjoyable Easter.

Jo, well done to you for reaching your 160 goal!

Well, my guests managed to get through a mountain of food on Sunday ... but I was very careful ... I didn't even have any of the dessert that I'd made ... Banoffee Pie, my favourite ... instead I had a small piece of Mango cake brought by a friend, which was just plain sponge cake with fresh mango on the top, no cream. I think I did pretty well ... apart for the wine! But it's the start of a new week and I'm well and truly on track.

Keep up the good work everyone!
Fat in Hong Kong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 08:32 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning! Today I will deal with left-overs. Turkey is just about perfect, yes? A nice lean protein. I'll put it in little baggies in the freezer.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 08:46 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 176.5 /160 /126

Height: 5' 1"

Hello everyone. This looks like a fun group of people. I hope you'll allow me to join in...I'm over forty if that helps! (Big fan of Fawlty Towers as well)
Just off to the vet now to have the mad collie vaccinated...Hope they have got the big oven gloves on!
Dolores Claibourne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 09:02 AM   #49  
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolores Claibourne View Post
Hello everyone. This looks like a fun group of people. I hope you'll allow me to join in...I'm over forty if that helps! (Big fan of Fawlty Towers as well)
Just off to the vet now to have the mad collie vaccinated...Hope they have got the big oven gloves on!
Dolores jump right in, Fawlty Towers love it.
Clydegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 10:34 AM   #50  

Thanks Clydegirl...

"Oh the river Clyde, the wonderful Clyde
The name of it thrills me and fills me with pride
And I'm satisfied whate'er may betide
The sweetest of songs is the song of the Clyde"
Old 04-10-2007, 12:44 PM   #51  
One pound at a time.

Quote:
Thanks Clydegirl...

"Oh the river Clyde, the wonderful Clyde
The name of it thrills me and fills me with pride
And I'm satisfied whate'er may betide
The sweetest of songs is the song of the Clyde"
Now that brought a tear to my eye.

How do you know that? Where are you from?
Old 04-10-2007, 01:13 PM   #52  
Constantly Tweaking

S/C/G: 172/159/130

Height: 5'2" (give or take)

Dolores Claibourne. Hey, Stephen King wrote a book w/the same name (only the last named was spelled Claiborne). How coincidential.

Salads; they're a blessing and a curse aren't they? Some days I love 'em and other days and can't even think about choking one down. I usually have a salad at least 3 times a week for lunch. Usually w/Boar's Head VA Smoked ham, sweet baby lettuces, small handful of part-skim shredded mozzarella and some Fresh Gourmet tortilla strips (small amount). I don't like much dressing and ususally mix up some lite ranch w/honey and mustard and use about 2 tspn. on the salad. Sometime's I'll mix a little cottage cheese into the dressing for extra protein. Grilled chicken or pork (that can vary w/a roasted veggie marinade or even bbq sauce) or london broil is also great in a salad. Baby bella mushrooms and carrots and nice texture. A taco salad is a nice change of pace. Lean ground beef cooked w/taco sauce and maybe just a tablespoon of lite sour cream. Something different.

I know Easter was just one day and I was fine w/that. Now comes the real challenge -- everyone back to work and school, empty house and three freakin' Easter baskets filled w/candy!!! Who invented Easter baskets and the whole candy thing anyway? Haven't had any yet and don't plan to but it's much harder when I'm wanting a little summpin' sweet, ya know? I don't think the honedew is going to cut it either. I'll eat my yogurt around 2pm and hope that satisfies me. Aaacckk, my tummy is a rumblin' and a grumblin' right now -- I think I over did the whole salad thing. It's in veggie shock!!

Jo
Is that really me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 01:38 PM   #53  
It Just Goes To Show You!

S/C/G: 222/195.5/136

Hello All,

Jo...My daughter wanted to buy me some treat for easter...so she bought me Cadbury "mini eggs" that pop and each egg is only 11 calories (18 eggs are 190 calories)...now since I have real probs with chocolate...I can eat just one every once in awhile and be okay...and they have pop rocks in them...and they are hidden out of sight so that I can't be tempted...

Also, my daughter bought these 100 calorie snacks that are Doritos with no trans fats and .5 grams of saturated fat...I don't eat Doritos but I tried one when she bought them and they taste okay...

What about something substantial like raw cabbage...that is heavier and you will feel full for a while...but really girl it is such a bother...because I can't trick myself into believing that the bowl of salad is a bowl of chicken wings...I just have to mentally adjust to the thoughts...and know that that I can have like 2 chicken wings it I must have them...but I need that arbitary number...leave always 5 forks of food on my plate...only have 3 mouthfuls of something that I can't have...right now this is working..but man I would love some pasta and chicken wings...poop!

So I am going to have my evian and chew my gum and do my paper work...
Kimush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 01:44 PM   #54  

Hello Again,
What an air head I am...I couldn't scroll up and I couldn't figure out however Stephen King got into the conversation...

SO...

Good going everyone who made it through Easter without hassels...and pitfalls and meltdowns...

WELCOME...Dolores Claibourne ...my favourite Aunt's name was Dolores...and another Fawlty Towers fan...Yeah!
Old 04-10-2007, 01:46 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I assumed the name was from the book. A very clever user name, I thought.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 02:18 PM   #56  
One pound at a time.

Confession time I just ate 8 cadbury's mini eggs. That's them done.

There are some days I can't face salad then other times I get real cravings . I do enjoy a boiled egg cut up on the top.
Old 04-10-2007, 03:02 PM   #57  

Clydegirl. I grew up listening to the sound of foghorns on the Clyde on a winters night and If I climbed on to the slate roof of our house right now (some chance) I could see it glittering from here...

Username a shameless steal from Stephen King...The extra ’u’ crept in when I was typing in my registration...
Dolores was a very resourceful lady...The biscuit has not been baked that could have bossed her around....

Nice meeting with you all...
Old 04-10-2007, 03:05 PM   #58  

Height: 5'1"

Hi Everyone, so....this is where you went? Thanks for inviting me back. Is everyone happy that Easter is over? Well, for me it isn't! My son and his family went on vacation this week and we're having Easter dinner and the big egg hunt this weekend when they get back! I had to work Easter Sunday anyway. We had a huge pot luck dinner at work. I was very good, most out of necessity. I've been having problems with my throat and saw an ENT and i'm on the most BLAND diet you can imagine. It seems like I can't have anything! At least it's low fat, but my choices are terribly limited, even for the healthy stuff. And I have to stay on it for at least a month, or untill my throat heals. So, just another obstical.

Nice to see eveyone again, the new people too.
the slim me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 03:48 PM   #59  
One pound at a time.

Quote:
Clydegirl. I grew up listening to the sound of foghorns on the Clyde on a winters night and If I climbed on to the slate roof of our house right now (some chance) I could see it glittering from here...

I do miss the scenery from home, the colours and the water. I look out the window here and all I can see is corn fields.
Old 04-10-2007, 07:31 PM   #60  

Hello All,

Clydegirl...they are only 11 calories each...that is not too bad...I on the other hand have only thought about chicken wings and those are probably about 200 calories each...ugg!...

Hardboiled eggs...that is doable...tomorrow I am only eating a larger salad for dinner as I will be home late from work and I don't want to eat anything heavy...

So I trying to figure out what to put in the miserable thing...an aside...I did quite enjoy Stephen King's "Misery" but from a novel stand point I loved "Pet Cemetary"...Dolores was very resourseful and pragmatic woman...

The slim me...hey there!

I am very lost...what are the "sound of foghorns on the Clyde on a winters night" it sound quite lovely but in Brantford Ontario we do not have foghorns...I have to drive to Port Dover for that...