Old 06-20-2007, 12:12 AM   #316  

S/C/G: 421/202/170

Height: 5'6"

I did my 3 mile walk tonite the weather was very nice and a lil breezy. A couple of hours late I felt a lil sick from being into ketosis but I took some rolaids and I'm feeling alot better now.

Thanks again for the colorful welcome everyone
tann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 06:17 AM   #317  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Morning dears! My alarm did not go off! Someone did not set it Thank heavens the cat came in. I'm only running a few minutes behind so I'm OK.

Have good day everyone.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 08:56 AM   #318  
Constantly Tweaking

S/C/G: 172/159/130

Height: 5'2" (give or take)

Really quickie here -- my TM deal fell through. The guy I was buying it from (sounded very young) kept saying he could meet me then would call at the last minute and say he couldn't get his buddy's truck, how about tomorrow. This happened three times. Monday night when he cancelled I decided that the fates were trying to tell me something. I've decided to buy a new Smooth 5.25 TM. It's close to what this guy was selling (his was a Smooth 7.1 but none of the warranties carried over to me). I'm much more secure knowing that I'm covered if anything happens to it. Also for an extra $75 they will take it down the basement (my husband's back is shouting "Praise the Lord" for this!!).

I had the most hectic weekend -- a wedding in Jersey that I didn't want to go to and ended up spending gobs more time than I wanted to. When they sent the invitation there wasn't a choice for dinner (sit down). I figured ok, they're just serving one thing to everyone. WRONG. A waitress came around at the reception asking if we wanted chicken, beef or vegetarian. This was a nice, bucks spent reception folks. Orders were taken around 7:30pm. Dinner FINALLY arrived at 9:15pm. Arrrrgggghhhh!!!!!!!!!! I literally scarfed my food and bolted. I had a good 1 1/2 hr. turnpike ride home. Blech! Sunday we had a b-day party for Kevin (my son, special needs). He turned 14. Invited the kids in his class and several teachers. Great time. Ususally his parties are just family so this was a big deal for him. He was very excited. I can't believe he's 14. I never thought I'd make it past 5 w/him!

On the freakish side I somehow managed to lose a lb. -- the first in like 2 months -- this past week. Probably from running around like a nut and simply not eating enough. I even waited till today to change my ticker cause I thought it was fake weight loss.

Gotta run; ortho appt. for the youngest. TTFN. Oh, and WELCOME ANY AND ALL NEWBIES!!!!!

Jo
Is that really me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 09:49 AM   #319  

S/C/G: 245/237/165

Height: 5'10.5"

Default Wednesday 20 June 2007

Good Morning Ladies!
Welcome to Grey and Tann. (Tann, your photos are inspiring.)
Grey, I understand the TV thing. I'm 'close to comotose' and just want to sit with my feet up an brain off at the end of the day. But since very little is on the TV when I want to be watching I have two choices, tape/tivo it and watch it in the evening or just turn it off. I've decided that it's better for me to turn it off and listen to music 4 out of 7 nights a week. This allows me to watch Lifetime's ArmyWives on Monday evenings and move my "veg time" around the other nights of the week (Sun to Sat). I've got some great radio stations and a LOT of CDs (over 300) of music I like to listen to. Plus, my cable company has music stations - this is a crutch, I know...I use the remote from the recliner and turn it to music...but I read, eventually my daughter wants to play or I think of something else that I need/want to do...and I'm out of the big chair. It's my way of trying to get out of the rut. I hope you find something that works for you.
Kimush - THANK YOU so much for reminding me to reward myself. (I wanted to beat myself up because yesterday was so hectic at work. I worked thru lunch, my normal walk time, and then after cooking, I was exhausted and had problems getting my lovely little overtired girl to go to sleep.) I've been "treating" myself by eating SF pudding in the evening. At 35 cals, the entire box is 140 calories (that's 4 servings!). And, yes, last night I ate an entire box after dinner. It was cool and I didn't feel full from dinner yet, when that full feeling set in, I was STUFFED!! Jello does the same for me. I'm thanking God for both! My fruit and plain yogurt is good, but it doesn't fill the chocolate fix. I'm also pulling out my foot massager. I plan to sit and soak my footsies with epson salt and chamomile tea in the water while little one takes a bath tonight. Doesn't that sound like a fun?
SusanB - Hope your day goes smoothly. I know (with certainty) that I set my alarm last night...I just didn't wake up when I turned it off! That's seriously not good. I usually wake up before it goes off, so I know I'm tired if I sleep through the process of turning it off.
Jo - It's so good to hear from you. You're going to be SO happy with your new treadmill. CONGRATULATIONS on losing some weight! Believe me I understand about "fake weight loss". I'm very slow to change the weight on my profile. (Haven't taken the time to learn tickers yet.)
Clydegirl - I'm sitting here having my tea this morning (at work) and thinking that you'd enjoy a cup too...What's going on with you this week?
Diane (Slashnl) - Haven't heard from you in a bit. Are you working the kid taxi job or have you had the chance to get out and walk like you wanted to.
Also wanted to mention that you are great with words of encouragement.
I guess all the ladies on the boards here are good with encouragement. I hadn't ever realized how important that can be.
Well I gotta get back to that project that's been running me ragged.
I'll check in and let y'all know how today's walking goes.
Cammie
ShyCammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 11:37 AM   #320  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Hi all.
Thanks for the shout out, Cammie. I've been lurking much more than posting lately. Could it be that I'm in a funk and have nothing positive to say? Yep, that could be it. I feel like if I start writing, I'm going to start whining. Life can be just a little too full sometimes.

Baseball season ended for my son (age 11), but he was voted on to the All Star team. Very good news and he's really excited. The bad part is that it means more practice so that they can play in a tournament July 5th, 6th and 7th. I love it that he's on the team and doing well, but I was kind of counting on having a few free nights during the week. He's also in an "Adventures" camp this week (hiking, fishing, etc) and a baseball camp next week. Those aren't that big of a deal because they go on during the day when I'm at work. However, my daughter (age 13) is also at a volleyball camp this week that runs through Thursday. She also has a volleyball instruction night every Wednesday night until the end of this month. This is all good because she loves volleyball and she is really improving and ... added benefit... she is so fit and healthy right now! She has never had a weight problem, but this added exercise has really toned up her arms and legs. She's getting way too shapely!

Add to this that my DH is out of town on business, which leaves all of his chores to me. We have a mini-farm with chickens, ducks, geese, horses, cows, etc. Normally he does all the feeding and watering, but now it is up to the kids and me. It's ok except for the mornings. I do that myself because I get up really early to do it and I know the kids need to get some sleep, too.

Work has been hectic, too, so I'm a little overwhelmed. I haven't been able to walk because of feeding in the morning and it has been in the high 90's at lunch time so it makes it hard to get walking in at lunch. Oh... and TOM's here. Could I get any crabbier??? Only if I am not eating right, which I'm not. I swore myself to trying much harder today to do the right thing. So far, so good, but it is only 9:30 am. ha!

My sister (who doesn't work in the summer time, ) told me that I just shouldn't let the kids be in all of this sports stuff, so that I could do what I wanted to do. I told her that I know how I was when I didn't have activities going on when I was their age. You develop bad TV habits and bad eating habits. If I can do nothing else but teach them to stay active and healthy, then I've done well. I also know that this time is short and there will be time for me to pull weeds and clean my house and whatever else. They won't be this age forever and I also know I'll miss this time when it is over. It will also get better next week when DH comes home. A little bit of help would be nice!!

Anyway, I guess that took care of my ranting and whining. It is all good, but I feel a little overwhelmed and missing my routine of walking and eating right. But, I'm coming back! Today is the day to be on the right track.

Aren't you sorry you asked?

Hope you all are having better luck with your week! A little sanity is a good thing.
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 02:22 PM   #321  

Default Help on Hump Day

"Hay" Diane,
If I could do that by being there and helping with the mini-farm or the kid taxi situation, I would. Unfortunately the communte is a big one.
Telling you what I do as a single mom, seems like offering unsolicited advice - so I won't.
Please know that if you were here (next cubicle over) I'd offer you to share my cut veggies and dressing over a diet soda for a coffee break (which is what I'm taking right now). I'd offer to walk with you despite the heat (we were down to 89 degrees when I was out at lunch but it rained the humidity is so high). I'd chat with you so that the 45 min walk seemed to fly by.
If I were there, I'd do anything I could to help. From a distance, I'm pretty useless except to say, "Hang in there Champ!"
I'm in your corner knowing you'll find a way to win at fitness as well as take care of the farm.
Cammie
Old 06-20-2007, 02:30 PM   #322  
returning to myself

hey everyone...I am desperately looking for a place to hang out...

I really need the support....but I just don't seem to be "clicking" with anyone at all!!!

I got a PM a couple of days after I joined from a woman who lives just a few miles from me....she suggested getting together for live support...I pm'd her back...she responded..and then I did...then she just blew me off....kinda rude I thought...I did pm her to be sure that she got my response (I have trouble with this site alot...freezing up, etc)...I asked her to let me know if she got me note...but no answer....

so...everyday I keep posting and reading and answering other posts...but it's just not happening....maybe fate is telling me that I need to do this on my own? I dunno....

I will give it a few more days....

I am 46.....47 in October.....I don't know how I got into this mess....but I want OUT...

I feel like my life is on hold til I lose this WEIGHT!!! I know I shouldn't...but I just feel that way...I guess because I feel uncomfortable in my own skin...

I weight skyrocketed after my daughter was born (17 years ago!!) and I was gonna lose weightthen...and I look back at all the time that has passed and it scares me...because I see just how long I have been planning/trying/wanting to lose weight....WHERE DID THE TIME GO???

well...in another post I wrote that I have no family (my kids only) and no real friends because I just moved ....and ...well ...that's how it is...I hope to find support here....but either way...even if I have to do it by myself...this time I will...

my first weigh in was yesterday...I lost 4 lbs...yay....

anyhow...I already started and will read through the rest the many pages of this thread to see who all of you are!!
iminhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 03:01 PM   #323  
Diane

Hey Laura, welcome. I've seen your posts here and there! Hope this group works for you. I PM'd someone back and forth before, too, but it kind of faded away. I think that sometimes people get to a bad time in their diet world and then don't want to post. If you're going to read back posts, please keep in mind that I am not as pathetic as my previous post sounds. I'm in a temporary funk and am feeling better today, so I'm emerging again! ha!

Thanks, Cammie for the kind words. I am sure as a single Mom you are much better at this stuff! I'm really ok, just kind of had a couple of dark days. Self-pity is an ugly thing!
Old 06-20-2007, 03:12 PM   #324  
returning to myself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slashnl View Post
Hey Laura, welcome. I've seen your posts here and there! Hope this group works for you. I PM'd someone back and forth before, too, but it kind of faded away. I think that sometimes people get to a bad time in their diet world and then don't want to post. If you're going to read back posts, please keep in mind that I am not as pathetic as my previous post sounds. I'm in a temporary funk and am feeling better today, so I'm emerging again! ha!

Thanks, Cammie for the kind words. I am sure as a single Mom you are much better at this stuff! I'm really ok, just kind of had a couple of dark days. Self-pity is an ugly thing!

thanks Slashnl (Diane?)...no worries...I am feeling pretty dark and pathetic myself today....I hope to emerge soon...maybe I need a dose of really bad chick flicks....!!!

I am at the point where I have a partially empty nest....I went straight from having WAYTOO MUCH...to zip....sometimes I feel like a deflated balloon.....

I would love to help you with your farm work.....I love to watch the sun come up....
iminhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 05:26 PM   #325  
Diane

That is something I've thought about is how things will come to a screeching halt someday. That's why I try to enjoy it all now.

By the way, my name is Diane. Slashnl is just a name I use for many user names online. It normally isn't taken by someone else!! To explain, Slashnl is our brand, \NL. You know, as in branding our cows?!
Old 06-20-2007, 07:17 PM   #326  
aka Linda

S/C/G: 218/200/150

Height: 5'9'

Red face hello...

Hello everyone,

I must say this looks to be a kind and welcoming group

I have just immigrated to the US and am just finding friends in my new town and I would really like to have some support on this journey to lose weight and get healthier...hopefully you guys can help with that, so I don't scare away my potential new friends....lol

Let me introduce myself: My name is Linda (my screen name is aerie...just try finding a variation on Linda!) I live in Northern California with my new husband and 17 yr old daughter, I have 2 other daughters 23 and 21. I am a midwife and will need ot go back to university to be able to qualify to practice in California-ugh! I have just started the Sonoma Diet and so far so good. I am hypothyroid so losing weight is such a challenge! I need to lose approx 70 lbs, and I hope to lose on average 2 pounds a week. I have a beautiful new puppy who I walk 30 mins a day, I have a pool in the backyard which I *should* use and a gym membership which I *should* use too ( but they are all so skinny and wear snazzy outfits...I feel so out of place in my ratty stuff ).

Thanks for letting me say hi...

Linda
aerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 10:22 PM   #327  
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

Hi Linda where are you from originally? Also Laura did I miss anyone else?

Welcome to 3FC.

Cammie I have my tea right now. Busy time, summer. I always have a lot of running around to do. Between doctor's appointments, eye check ups and dentists it's never ending. School physicals and middle daughter has driver's ed and my youngest has summer school.

Have to say I'm not enjoying letting middle daughter drive. It's nerve wracking. I'm a nervous ninny and always braking that peddle on the passenger side

I go to the pool and playground most days plus do all the other stuff I normally do. Just the life of a busy mum.
Clydegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 11:44 PM   #328  
aka Linda

S/C/G: 218/200/150

Height: 5'9'

Thanks for the warm welcome Clydegirl I am originally from Canada, but most recently from the UK.

Linda
aerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 08:39 AM   #329  
Diane

Welcome Linda! Keep posting and we'll all work on this weight thing together. Looking forward to getting to know you!
Old 06-21-2007, 03:54 PM   #330  

Default RRRRrrrrrr Will not let pounds win.

Hi Laura and Linda! Welcome.
Well Ladies, this is Thursday and I'm getting a tad ticked at my little mitochondria. They don't seem to be activating the adipose cells to release that energy locked up inside them.
Calories have been 15-1700 per day, carbs 150 per day or less, exercise (mildly) consistant...yet, that fluctuating scale had me up to 237 this morning rather than maintain or down. Grrrr.
When this goes on for too long, I know that I have a mental meltdown and just "throw up my hands" and eat what ever.
I'm determined not to do that. I'm determined to remain consistent with the healthy eating and exercise.
I'm also determined to adjust my sleep patterns so that I can still get 8hrs but am up in the AM early enough to exercise then, too. (That fell by the wayside since the poison ivy episode.)
I will admit, I resent not being able to drop weight by decreasing my calories and increasing my exercise for a few weeks. BUT, if I'm going to acknowledge that I'm pound loss challenged, then there must be adaptive skills that I'm still missing in order to overcome such a simple obstacle. If I gained 20 lbs in 3-6 months, then I should be able to lose it as fast.
If the pound loss obstacle was something I could see, it'd be easier. Even if it were litterally a brick wall I could beat it and get some exercise actually "addressing" the problem and relieving my frustration. (snarl)
Well, I'm not sitting here crying because I have "mean mitochondria" nor am I thinking that there's anyone to blame but myself...but I somehow feel like I'm missing something. (No, not some majic pill.) I feel like there's some other thing I'm supposed to be doing to see the positive results of my exercise and healthy portion conscious eating.
I may be blond, but I'm not an idiot.
(Thus my frustration: If I'm doing what worked before, (keeping carbs below 150 per day) then why am I not seeing results like before?)
It WILL come OFF...the pounds will be lost. I'm giving them back to the cosmos of energy. I think I'm going to find a way to add some weights to my day. I was doing it before in the office, but obviously not enough.
Ok...
I just had to get that out.
I'm normally a cheerful woman, sometimes smarter than the average bear. I'm just frustrated. So, I'm trying to figure a way to relieve or apply the pent up frustration in a constructive manner. (Of course by the time I get home and get dinner cooked and do a few chores, the mental energy of frustration is unlikely to translate to activity as exhaustion starts to infect me in the evening...)
Well, thanks for listening. I'm sure a few people reading this will consider me completely off my rocker after reading the post...maybe they're right.
Cammie