Old 01-08-2013, 01:47 AM   #46  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Thanks namaste! Good luck to you as well!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 04:19 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 190/*see ticker*/130

Height: 5'4"

ok so i figured out why i'm all bloated and fat today... my period is here!

in other less fun news though, i went to the doctor for what i thought was a UTI, and was telling the doctor i had real big back pain and he was all "i don't think your back pain is cuz of your infection, go see a doctor in Orthopedics" so i go see the doctor, they make me take a bunch of x-rays and they're like "yup, this one disk at the bottom of your spine is a little erroded. you want some pain killers?" :/ i'm not sure how to feel about that. so it isn't fixable? meh. they gave me a brace "corset" too and told me to wear it if it gets really painful... gah...
KawaiiCandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 05:03 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 205/see ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Hi @ All: Was wondering if it's too late to join this thread!! It seems super happening
appyfizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 05:22 AM   #49  
Stubborn.

S/C/G: 197/See ticker/135

Height: 5'6''

Kawaii: Ugh, that sucks. I hate going to the doctors here, not because they don't give good service, but because I'm never sure of the level of communication. My medical vocab is lacking, but I can get my point across to like, the teachers at school and such, because they know at this point that if they listen, I AM actually speaking good Japanese, and if I don't know a word, I'll gesture, draw, or grab my dictionary accordingly. A lot of Japanese people just see a white chick talking and shut down and won't listen. The "English-speaking" doctors are pretty hit or miss (and in any case I'm way too far out in the sticks for there to be one within an hour or so). Last time I had a sinus infection, my JTE was super worried and insisted that she bring me to the clinic herself. My JTEs are sweethearts. Hopefully your back trouble either isn't super serious or they'll figure out a better way to treat it than that...

Also...TOM party...mine showed up a week early...joy >.<

appyfizz: I think pretty much any thread on this site (with the possible exception of the Biggest Loser contests or unless specified) is just open for you to jump right in at any time and chat away. Welcome

Last edited by Hotaruchan; 01-08-2013 at 05:25 AM.
Hotaruchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:42 AM   #50  
Underdog to Beastmode

S/C/G: 231/192.8/125

Kawaii- Ouchies! Not fun to do something to your back. I hope your back brace helps. When I was in a car accident back when I first learned to drive (initiation for all new drivers?) I hurt my back and had to wear a back brace for a few weeks and it was very helpful. Hopefully it will help you as well.

Hotaru- Yes it seems to be that way in a lot of countries. The only country I've ever been to where my attempts at speaking their language was somewhat effective was actually in Budapest where one of my friends lives. Apparently I have the right kind of lilt in my voice because I had to say "no thank you" to people handing out party flyers and whatnot, and they understood me well enough. Which is good they listened because it's one of the few Hungarian phrases I know. lol

appyfizz- Sure come on in!

Mozzy- You're very welcome! Thanks for the good vibes. :

------
I finally lost some weight, went from 229.2 to 228.0. I am very excited even about the minute loss. And even more so about the changes I am making. This whole process, even a week in, has caused some extremely positive changes. My mood is one thing, I wake up happy and I go to bed happy. For some weird reason, my parents and I get along now. My fiancé's and my relationship is starting to change. Not in a bad way at all, we are both making some big changes in our lives and are starting to really appreciate each other. He actually thanked me on FaceBook publicly for all the help I've given him.

It kind of comes as a shock to me, especially after all I've been through. Fortune has not favored me in the past, and let's just leave it at that. But, I'm grateful and I'm receiving it.

/END mushytalk

Anyway, doing my first yoga class today in a loooong time. It will be number one of ten before I get my mat. Then I'm supposed to get textbooks today (what happened to winter break? It zinged by.) for the next semester. I'm hoping to pull another 4.0 out of my hat but with biology and my first philosophy class (I don't know whether to be excited or cry on that one), it will be interesting trying to get it.

Sorry about the lengthy post. Have a great day all.
namaste984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 05:18 PM   #51  
lisa34t

S/C/G: 231/ticker/160-175

Height: 5"3

namaste984- Glad to hear things are going so well!

appyfizz- Welcome! We'd be glad to have to chat here with us!

KawaiiCandie- Ouch! That sounds painful and scary! I hope it gets better, naturally and doesnt cause any major problems.

wanderer
- Welcome!

All is well on my end. I decied to do a random challenge amongst , myself. I plan to take a picture of everything I put in my month for the next 10 days, starting today. I believe this will help me be accountable more. I havent weighed this week, due to being in Houston Sunday morning AND i was terrified of what the scale may say even though I worked out both days I was there. Any who talk to you galls tomorrow maybe later tonight...
lisa34t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 06:37 PM   #52  
Underdog to Beastmode

Lisa- Thanks! Challenges are awesome, they really keep you motivated especially when you're talking to the people in it every day.

------
Things keep on going good. My mom bought me my textbooks and two sports bras so I can go running/walking without killing my back. Plus I found a place that will do my kitty cat's shots for cheap, so I am very excited. I did my first yoga class and I will do one more workout this evening, though I'll have to run tomorrow because of blistered feet. (TMI, maybe, if so I apologize.) Otherwise, I am good for the day. Have a good evening all.
Old 01-09-2013, 12:30 AM   #53  

Thank you all!!

KawaiiCandie - Woah!! Why didn't you ask them right away about the healing time or whatever. I guess that also means you will have to be careful while working out. Hope you have asked the Orthopedic regarding the same. Get well soon

namaste984 - Wow. I am so happy for you. I will right now die for even a 0.1 lbs weight loss. Have started my weight loss journey since 4th Jan this year. Joined the gym (where I am going regularly), counting calories and drinking plenty of water. Still, my weight was increasing till yesterday. Today the scale didn't budge (phew!!) or else I would have really lost the motivation which I have gathered so painstakingly

Hotaruchan - I cant even call mine TOM, its more a weekly affair, or else doesn't show up for months together Aahh, the joys of PCOS

lisa34t - that sounds like some idea. I become so desperately hungry that I wont have the patience to wait for taking the pic before gobbling it all down.

Except the weight loss stagnancy, life has been good this year. Got an unexpected pay increment at work. Joined driving classes (was putting it off since a long time). Caught up with college friends. And spending lots of time with BF

Last edited by appyfizz; 01-09-2013 at 12:34 AM.
Old 01-09-2013, 12:54 AM   #54  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Oh man today was rough... I had zero motivation to exercise. Zip zero zilch! It took my husband's prodding to get me off my ***. But you know what? I don't feel accomplished or proud... I feel pissed. I'm pissed that I don't want to exercise in the first place...
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 06:00 AM   #55  
Stubborn.

Lisa: You're braver than I am. I hate photos.

Namaste: Ugh, so glad I don't need to buy text books any more...that's one of the few things that I don't miss about being in school... And for your previous post, my guy was cute and mushy on facebook yesterday too...he usually doesn't go on much, and rarely posts on other people's pages, but I've succeeded in getting him addicted to imgur and I came home from work to this on my wall with a countdown to when I'd see him next. Needless to say, I d'awwed all over myself.

appyfizz: I was diagnosed with PCOS in 2007 after I had a period that lasted a few months...birth control was keeping it to once a month, then when I started losing weight it was even fitting into the white row where it's supposed to...unfortunately I can't get it here, so I have to have it sent from home and the mail screwed it up a little bit. Apparently a week without sends my uterus into "HOLYSH** PERIOD TIME!" mode...It's super painful this time around and trying to work out is rough.

Mozzy: Don't be angry that you can't find motivation...it happens to everyone. I know that I, for one, will be rolling over and telling my alarm to stfu instead of getting up and doing my pre-work workout if I'm still feeling this crappy in the morning. A day or two isn't going to kill you, just try not to make it a habit. If you're feeling that anti-exercise, you might want to shop around for different ways to go about it. If you find something that you genuinely enjoy, you're more likely to stick to it.

...so again, getting absolutely mauled by my uterus ATM, but we're learning body parts in 3rd grade English now, so I did quite a bit of jumping around like a crazy today despite feeling like death warmed over. 2 of 4 classes begged me to move onto a different game because I'd tired them out with Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes (the other 2 wanted to see how fast they could go). We'd start slow then gradually go faster, then I would rotate in different body parts to make sure that they were paying attention. I added little jumps into mine for some more impact...but yeah. I'm a little bit proud of myself for being more genki than 8 year olds when I really just wanted to curl up and die. Not as genki as the 1st graders that tried to abduct me on my way to my 5th grade class so that they could have extra "ABC time" yesterday (I GOT ZERG RUSHED BY TINY 6 YEAR OLDS), but even I'm surprised at how effective my show face was. I guess I can see why I've had two different people from my company, both of my JTEs, and 2 of 3 principals try to desperately convince me to renew my contract. (Hahahahahahaha...absolutely not.)

Last edited by Hotaruchan; 01-09-2013 at 06:21 AM.
Old 01-09-2013, 06:43 AM   #56  

Hotaruchan - Awwww!! That's so sweet of your guy

Even I have re-started taking birth control pills (called "Overal - L") for regularizing my chums . I used to take those a couple of years' back. Similar to your situation, the periods are very regular when on the pills. But once I stop taking them, the periods disappear for a long time. My guess is it might be increasing my body's dependency on the pills for getting the periods, so that once I stop the course, it becomes difficult for the body to get them on their own I am giving it another try. Let's see.
Old 01-09-2013, 09:19 AM   #57  

appyfizz: welcome! yeah... i didn't ask cuz i was kinda dumbstruck when they told me. plus it's in japan and doctors are really clueless here. it didn't hurt at that time and the doctor didn't seem worried and was like "ok, you're done" so i just left. lol. i guess i can always go back. sounds like you got a lot of good things going for you though! who cares if the scale is not moving! just keep going!!

Mozzy: get off that computer chair and go workout NOW!!!

hotaru: yeah... fortunately i now go to this hospital where most of the staff can speak english, and if you happen to see a doctor who doesn't, they have translators that come help you, so it's great. it can't be something that i didn't get and they don't treat me like an alien... it's in Roppongi after all... yeah... my freaking TOM is freakin crazy this time around! it's cuz i went off the pill for a bit... T_T

namaste: well, actually she told me to wear the brace only if it really hurts... which it doesn't right now... but yeah, it sucks congrats on all the good stuff coming your way though! that's amazing! and your first loss on the scale! wohoo!!! good job with the yoga class! how was it? i'm thinking of joining one but i'm scared...

lisa: thanks. yeah, me too. it's pretty much under control now, since i've been working out, but i just don't want the extreme pain to come back!! the photo thing is a great idea!! i saw that in a diet book once... i'd be much too lazy to do it everyday though... lol. let us know how that goes!

aaaah, you guys.... today was harsh. it was my first day back to work, and ironically, my only day of work this week (cuz i go to a diff school on thur-fri and they haven't started yet) and it was so haaaarsh... getting up at 6am... i even tried to do a mini workout for like 5 minutes (yay me), but it's like, my least favorite school and my worst day with the two crazy classes at the end of the day. then i was meeting up for dinner with my friend who lives in Hokkaido and was making a pitstop in Tokyo on her way back from England and i was sooo tired and worried a bit about restaurant food... i didn't eat the rice but i ate 2 small fried potato things... then home pretty late and i was like "dun wanna workoooooouuuuut..... but can't.skip.a.day.of.30DS.....gah!" so i finally got off my as$ and did it. aaah, weirdly exhausted and not so tired anymore now. but i'm still PMS-y and i'm really irritated with my man cuz he's been really cheap on the emails these past 3 days... i know he is really busy with the end of semester (ends in jan. in japanese unis) but the fact that my emotions are all outta whack is not helping the matter and making me feel like he just doesn't care about me at all. meh. it's bedtime soon anyways...
Old 01-09-2013, 10:41 AM   #58  
Underdog to Beastmode

Appy- Thanks! I've been stuck at the same 1-2 pounds for a few weeks now. I'm not worried though, the positive outweighs the negative, and for me it's kind of a fun experiment to find out what works and what doesn't. In this case though, I did kind of overeat yesterday so I'm making sure that I use MFP (MyFitnessPal) to track all my exercise and food so I make good decisions.

Hotaru-
OMG textbooks. :P Thankfully my mom pays for them, but she nearly had a cardiac when she found out this dinky little book I had to have for an ethics class cost $200! So we may be looking for books online in the future.

Kawaii- I had fun in the yoga class! The vinyasa part is a little hard, which is when you cycle through moves really fast, but it feels really good when you're done. You even get a period of meditation where you sit and reflect. And for me, who is always running around doing something, it feels great.

--------
Well, the scale is not budging again. It went up slightly, but then stalled out. I think the reason why is simply because I'm eating more than I think I am and so I am using a food journal just so I know what I'm doing. And I'm sure I need more variety, I tend to eat the same things everyday and I probably need something else. My mom is under the assumption that slices of cheese are individual food items (I've never thought that, but I could be wrong) so she's got weeks of old food in there and about six packets of cheese and four packets of tortillas. So yeah, looks like I'm on my own for healthy food.

In other, less accusatory news, I had a hardcore workout on the treadmill yesterday. 30 minutes continual, and 110 calories burnt. I have never done triple-digit calorie burning on a machine in my life, let alone of recent. I'm going to kick some butt today as well.

That about does me in. Got lots of phone calls to make today. Have a good evening all.

Last edited by namaste984; 01-09-2013 at 10:42 AM.
Old 01-10-2013, 05:15 AM   #59  
Stubborn.

appyfizz: I appear to be having the opposite issue...the second I was off of the pills, BAM. Bleedy. Hopefully both our systems sort their sh** out soon...

Kawaii: *Hugs* Sorry you had a rough day yesterday...today mine wasn't much better...I started teaching the most nonsensical lesson in the textbook to my least cooperative 6th graders, and while it didn't go as badly as it could have, the bell rang long before we'd accomplished all that I'd planned to. Kudos to you for busting your butt and doing the workout when you really weren't feeling it...I, for one, was a bum this morning and abandoned my workout plans in favor of curling up tighter around my heat pouch and whining like a kicked puppy because I wanted to scoop out my ovaries with a spork.

Namaste: Congrats on the workout numbers! Progress is awesome.

Still feeling like poo (in case you didn't get that from the heat pouch above), but I survived the day somehow and jumped around like a moron for 4th graders again between attempts at wrangling moody pre-teens into doing their activities. Tomorrow is 2nd graders (and one more class of 4th graders), so I should at least burn lots of calories bouncing off the walls for their entertainment. I did get an unexpected pick-me-up today, though...I sit next to the music teacher in the staff room and came in wearing a new dress under my (way too big) leather jacket, and she came up squealing over how cool I looked, then informed me that my waist looked tiny when I took the jacket off. She's so sweet...I'm definitely going to have to send omiyage from the US when I'm back at home...WHICH WILL BE HAPPENING A WEEK EARLIER THAN ANTICIPATED I got a call from my manager yesterday and found out that I'd been given bad information and rather than needing to hang around as the the board of education's lap dog for a week after my scheduled classes were over, I'm free as soon as my schedule runs out! So happy.
Old 01-10-2013, 06:52 AM   #60  

namaste: congrats on your workout! and yeah, journalling should help you figure out if you're eating too much. good luck!

hotaru: aww... i feel your pain! i'm so glad i don't have to teach elementary school ever again!! but it's great and amazing you get to leave a week earlier! and yay for unexpected compliments too!!

hello everyone. it's already night time over here, but i've just finished doing my workout so i'm logging in TOM has also been making me its b*tch today... i've had a pretty big headache/not quite migraine all day. which leaves me completely confused because it's supposed to be the hormones (from the pill) that give me these period headaches, and i've been off the pill for like a month and a half... so i was just in bed all day, incapable of functioning properly til like 5pm at least... eventually it started getting better so i could get off my butt and do something. lol. but it sucks because i wanted to go to the gym today, and get started on my powerpoint presentations i need to make for the elective lessons that start next week, and i feel like i've just wasted the day.

but anyhoo, as anyone who has ever had a migraine can vouch for, finally having a clear head feels like waking up! so now i'm peachy. just in time for bed. lol.!

have a good day y'all.

oooooh, and i forgot to say!!!! down to 175lbs!!!!

Last edited by KawaiiCandie; 01-10-2013 at 06:53 AM.