Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2010, 01:55 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 285/195/175

Height: 5'6"

Hey Girls!

My goodness we are chatty today. I read through it all the best I could, however I'm not sure when I got so busy but it came on me quick these last few days and I'm finding it tough to respond personally. I apologize!

Haley - Yay for not seeing 211 this morning

Feral - Yay! for maintaining while on "vacay"

I decided my weigh in days will be Saturday's... however I am so addicted to my scale that I'll probably pull it out tomorrow...but I really wanna try once a week.... grrr I like daily though it keeps me motivated (I think?) Sometimes it makes me mad lol...its like a lose-lose situation?

PS - I'm lazy and hungry today! (not a good combo for a dieter) I'm tired and that is why... I just know it... I'm going to go walking instead of my Largo class because I'm off work early and I got new songs on my Ipod and Sunday is usually my day off and yesterday I did 90 mins of exercise. SO - there! lol.

Whats Hibachi ?????

Last edited by JennyG; 03-08-2010 at 02:14 PM.
Old 03-08-2010, 02:21 PM   #17  
Old Skool Breakbeat Junky

S/C/G: 208/181.2/150

Height: 5'6''

Jenny - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hibachi Do you guys have Kanki there? They have the "nicer" sit down hibachi places... usually where they do the show with the chef tossing knives, etc... and then they have more of the take out hibachi places which are still just as yummy (and usually cheaper).

I try not to weigh more than twice a week because I get really discouraged by the constant up and down of the scale (although sometimes it does motivate you to keep going when you see a nice drop).

We gotta get out of the 190s girl!!! We can do this!
Old 03-08-2010, 02:30 PM   #18  
Mary

S/C/G: 225/190/125

Height: 5'2" Age: 22

Feral and Stella - I am triumphant! I got shrimp and chicken and veggies, ate the salad, and didn't get the rice! Wahoo!

Noooo I picked the wrong pair of shoes today, one of them is giving me a heel blister!!! :C
Old 03-08-2010, 02:42 PM   #19  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

Mary - Yay!!

Jenny - I like weighing every day because it keeps me accountable, but everyone's different. Like I will purposely not stuff my face the night before because I know "hey, I have to step on the scale tomorrow!" It also motivates me to keep drinking my water.

Ugh. 1 more hour. Today is just dragging. I've slacked a lot today - and I feel guilty about it - but I've also got a lot done in the past 2 hours.
Old 03-08-2010, 02:52 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 290/Ticker/135

Stella- I slack all the time... I blame you and Feral because you guys are so entertaining on gchat in the mornings

Jenny- Its deliciousness...and if you dont know about it...dont find out... I also weigh pretty much everyday however I only "count" weigh in day... but I have two weigh in days... fridays and mondays... mondays to make sure I didnt royally screw up over the weekend

Mary- good job! my sister literally only eats the fried rice from Japanese steak house places...and our resturant here does carry out and she gets a huge to go container for less than 5 dollars... she weighs 110 pounds... I guess she is allowed lol

The baby is really fussy... ew...hopefully that sucker isnt getting sick

I cannot wait to get my butt on the stairmaster!!!!
Old 03-08-2010, 03:25 PM   #21  
Mary

S/C/G: 225/190/125

Height: 5'2" Age: 22

Haley - My sister does that, but with Pei Wei :C It's starting to catch up with her though lol, she used to eat tons of junk all of the time and be a perfect size 2 and now she's a 6/8.
Old 03-08-2010, 03:40 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 164.3/see ticker/118

Height: 5'3"

I'm procrastinating on doing the readings for my brain and behavior class. I really really need to, but really really don't want too!!!!

Jess, it's great to see you back! I missed you, and it's always nice to have another Canadian face on the board!

Feral, I've stayed in a few hotels like that. It usually skeeves me out then pisses me off! I've paid good money for the hotel, then arrive and see a crappy half a$$ed place. Just ticks me off. I finally gave up on the boutique hotels and usually only stay at holiday inns now! As lame as that may be. I got tons of hotel points and I can always complain to corporate when I'm unimpressed.

Mary - super jealous about the hiking! I can't wait to get out to the mountain and do some, but the trails are usually closed or frozen til the beginning of may around here. So it's gonna be awhile til I can get out....

Stella, congrats on making it into the 170's it must be such a good feeling. I'm only a few pounds away from the one 130's and it's so close I can almost taste it! I wake up every morning and I'm like this is the day, it's totally going to be there. I'm super envious of you spinning girl. I'm terrified of spinning. It looks so intense and I'm worried my poor excuse for a set of knees won't be able to handle it. (Biking and the elliptical are the two most painful things ever for me!)

Haley - I love love love read lipstick, it's such a power colour. Noting is hotter than a girl rocking bright red lips. Unfortunately for me the bf, hates all lipstick. I'm not allowed to kiss him when I've got stuff on my lips. It just bother's him. So I've gotten out of the habit of wearing lip stuff. But still think it looks hot.

Seventeen - I hate finals. I'm in the middle of the month from ****. I have 3 papers, a class presentation and 4 midterms between now and March 30's. I barely have time to pee! But not let the scale get you down. It will start heading in the right direction soon!
Old 03-08-2010, 04:08 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 263/171.0/132

Height: 5'6

Haley - Don't run it! Do a speed walk or a walk jog! AND, I honestly think you can run it, you've just gotta believe in yourself. I'll tell you my lettuce wrap recipe when I make it (added to my list of things to make!)

Feral - WELCOME BACK! You did great over the weekend for staying on plan! You're allowed to eat out and shouldn't feel guilty, especially if you made health-conscious decisions. GChat later.

What's the difference between teppanyaki and hibachi (by American definition)? Are they the same thing?

Ugh, my butt hurts. My legs hurt. My lower back is sore. My upper back is sore. I need to do a 5K today (join my weekly challenge!) and I have a free consult with the trainer for an hour. EFF.
Old 03-08-2010, 05:25 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 285/195/175

Feral - Thanks for clearing that up for me! Sounds like I'm better off not having Hibachi or Kanki...looks yummy...addictive perhaps?! and yes lady we will get out of the 190's before you know it! What I can't believe is that I am saying that because I'm telling you it seemed like I was saying for years "I'll be outta the 200's in no time...." ya know what I mean?!

I went walking... I was going to make today my "rest" day but I didnt...perhaps I only burnt 300 cals, but its better than no cals, right?!
Old 03-08-2010, 05:58 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 372/297/210

Height: 6'5"

Teppanyaki and Habachi are interchangable, at least in americanease. But whatever you call it, it is rather fun. My town is too small to have one but when on vacation we might go to one.
Old 03-08-2010, 06:02 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 250/173.2/149

Jelbb's back!!! YAY

I am so tired today...but I still forced myself to go to the gym. I did some work on the elliptical until my right foot was starting to ache some, so I moved to the bike which wasn't so bad. I am definitely going to mention something to my doctor tomorrow at my appointment because it still hurts and it's been a couple of days. One of the teachers I work with was joking that I was falling apart in my old age! haha
Old 03-08-2010, 06:07 PM   #27  
Samantha417

Feral-Congrats on maintaining!! And that hotel is NO GOOD! I would have complained! Who doesn't put a fitted sheet on?!?

Mary: I LOVE HIBACHI!!! I don't think skipping on the rice and having protein and veggies is a bad thing. Enjoy it!!

Shan: wanna go with me to old navy and do some shopping? haha Congrats on the loss!!! And I know you're jealous, but your time will pay off eventually!!

Well nothing's new for me really. I hung out with the boyfriend again yesterday. We watched the flyers win. His mom noticed my weight loss which was good . I tried running again today, and my shins STILL hurt. So...I just walked an hour instead.

I'm going out with some of my home friends tonight..we're going to get dinner from Applebees (I chose it cause they have their under 550 calories meals). But we're not going until 7:30 and I'M SO HUNGRY RIGHT NOW. My mom grilled shrimp, so now the house smells delicious, and I have to wait. AHHH!!! I'm probably going to leave soon and just walk around the mall...grab an iced coffee. I need to get a nice shirt for friday anyway. I'm going to Harrisburg for the night to meet up with some of my friends that graduated last spring. We're going to go to the hardware bar for the night..and I wanna look bangin'!

Have a great day ladies!

Old 03-08-2010, 06:32 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 164.3/see ticker/118

Height: 5'3"

Samantha, the discount is awesome! I got the job entirely because I knew I was planning on loosing weight and wanted to buy cheap clothes! I work like 2 days a month and still get the discount. It's awesome! I'm obsessed with banana republic it's always been my fav store. (I'm a totally preppy at hear!) so the discount is the best thing ever!
Old 03-08-2010, 07:47 PM   #29  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

So I did it. I did strength training. And my arms are shaking. I did 30 minutes on the elliptical and did some of the machines, a few for the legs and a few for my arms.

I have my consultation with a trainer on Thursday, but I figure I should get my feet wet - I mean I used to do weights every other day, I remember what to do, I just don't want to do it. I reserved a bike for spin tomorrow, so I will be getting up again at 445. Oh, spin, we are about to be reunited. Yay. My shins don't hurt anymore, but my calves are a little sore. I'm going to do some extra stretches while my chicken breast cooks.

I also realized that I do NOT have class tomorrow night, which is awesome. I left work early today, so I can make up that time and I can go to sleep early and make that boot camp work out. Woot.

You know, I've never been to hibachi...
Old 03-08-2010, 08:14 PM   #30  
1st grade teacher

S/C/G: 250/189.9/130

Height: 5"2'

On the hibachi note...If ever in Columbus, House of Japan is my fav hibachi so far

Other news...something in my life had to give and it was diet/exercise. I haven't exercised in a week and am afraid of the scale, but I will be good and let you all know the damage. Tomorrow. Uggh!! I need a breather from something in this life....diet/exercise/teaching/long distance relationship/grad school/africa job offer/parents coming!!!
Closed Thread