Old 07-31-2009, 11:01 AM   #106  
Queen Yo-yo

S/C/G: 185/169.2/135

Height: 5'4"

Forest:
I hope the sodium did play its part. I hate being stalled when I'm working my butt off.
Another little part of my brain wonders if the consistent running has something to do with the weight stall. That seems moronic, but... I bailed out on the 30DS out of frustration a while back because I didn't lose as much as .1 of a lb the whole week and a half that I did it. And chances are that I was gaining muscle or something, but it just made me feel like crap not to be losing at all when my body normally loses fairly consistent fractions of a lb every day. I'm very impatient, especially with weight loss efforts.
I should never make timeline goals, because they never happen for me. To be on-time with my weight-loss goals, I'm supposed to be 146 by tomorrow... which I COULD achieve I suppose, if I lopped off a limb. Maybe just most of the fingers on one hand.

I'll see how things go in the next few days... Boo.

Last edited by Jelbb; 07-31-2009 at 11:03 AM.
Jelbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 12:35 PM   #107  

S/C/G: 160/153/130

Jelbb, I'm sorry you didn't lose as much as you'd expected. I know how that feels! If you exercised through your TOM, you could still be bloated; when you break down and rebuild muscle, your body retains water in order to protect your muscles. I know that I always bloat like a mofo after a good bike ride.
canadia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 01:21 PM   #108  
There Is No Wagon

S/C/G: 33.3%/21.8%/19%

Height: 5'5"

^^This is true for me too. I come back from a long run or a hike and I can visibly see the pooch in my stomach...it's like, I just ran 5 miles, I should feel skinny!!
forestroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 01:31 PM   #109  
Queen Yo-yo

Hmm. Well, I DID run yesterday and the day before, and my muscles are a little bit sore. Maybe I am retaining water. =/
I'm not gonna run today, because my IT band has been bothering me a lot in my right leg lately, so I'm gonna give it a day off. We'll see how tomorrow is weigh-in-wise.
I'm gonna be super strict as **** on my calories today and tomorrow, with no major excesses (pizza?), then if no losses are appearing still, I'll consider upping my calories, or having a calorie spike day.

Thanks so much to you ladies for all your support! I know it can be annoying to listen to someone obsessing over not having lost, so I appreciate all of your patience with me!

Forest:
5 miles, whoa! Way to kick some ***. I can't run that far yet if I tried....!

Canadia:
Thanks honey! I hope that's the reason.

Last edited by Jelbb; 08-01-2009 at 12:26 PM.
Old 08-01-2009, 09:06 AM   #110  
Queen Yo-yo

146.4!!!!!
*dances like a mad woman* I'm changing my ticker, just 'cause.

Thanks again for your support ladies, I totally appreciate having you talk me down from the ledge when I'm being impatient and crazy.

Last edited by Jelbb; 08-01-2009 at 09:32 AM.
Old 08-01-2009, 11:57 AM   #111  

Jelbb, whoo-hoo! Awesome!

I had a good day yesterday too, and I think my bloat is going down. I still woke up this morning at 148.0, but I'm sick and still exercising, so...
Old 08-02-2009, 06:17 PM   #112  
Queen Yo-yo

Yay for disappearing bloat! Hope it's gone in no time, honey.

I was 146.0 this morning! Yay! I love love love seein' numbers more solidly in the 140s!!!
Old 08-02-2009, 11:12 PM   #113  

Awesome, Jelbb!

I, on the other hand, didn't have a great day. It started out good -- I got in a bike ride before breakfast -- but then I had family over, and we had a big dinner where everyone else brought food they'd prepared. And then cake for desert. However, after putting in what I ate on Fit Day (although more of a guestimation than I'd normally like), I think I ate about maintenance level.
Old 08-02-2009, 11:21 PM   #114  
There Is No Wagon

S/C/G: 33.3%/21.8%/19%

Height: 5'5"

Yay Jelbb! In just a few you will be within 10 measly pounds of goal, and that is awesome!!

Canadia- I had a kind of shaky weekend too...don't think it was too bad but there was lots of guestimation involved. Will check in tomorrow officially...
forestroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 11:37 PM   #115  
Queen Yo-yo

Forest:
I can't... even fathom being just 10 lbs away from goal, it sounds so easy, you know?? I worked so hard for so long, starting at 176, thinking 135 was a pipe dream of sorts, and wondering whether I'd ever actually make it back there... it's looking more and more real now, and I'm getting happier and happier with my body... It's really exciting!
Good luck, hope you have a surprisingly rocking number tomorrow!

Canadia:
I face a lot of familial jokes and judgment over my eating cereal and frozen yogurt out of measuring cups, or my rampant inhalation of frozen pre-packaged microwaveable meals... but to be totally honest, when I'm working this hard, a part of me really loves being able to know EXACTLY how many calories I'm taking in, because guesstimation can SUCK sometimes, eh? I never want to underestimate, so I usually estimate high... but then sometimes I wonder if I'm guessing WAY too many extra calories, and am then taking in like 1,000 calories for the day, or something ridiculous that's gonna hinder more than help my weight loss... calories are a tricky thing sometimes, hehe.
A few bad days are totally allowed. God help us if we're supposed to be perfect ALL the time, because I sure won't be for the rest of my life. I see pizza on the horizon, hehe.

Lauren:
I know you haven't posted here yet, but I saw that you weighed in at 149-point-something today in the 150s thread, and I know you'll be in here SOON! And we can't wait to have you! So an early from us!
Old 08-03-2009, 12:02 AM   #116  

I hate guestimating, mostly because I don't trust my own judgments of things! Also, it makes me worried I'm going to be like my sister, who weighs about 40-50 lbs more than me (she's also taller) and refuses to learn how many calories are actually things, even when she's trying to lose weight. We once has a HUGE fight over the amount of calories in pizza; she was somehow convinced a slice of pizza was only around 100 calories! And we were at a restaurant in a foreign country so I couldn't even prove her wrong!
Old 08-03-2009, 04:20 AM   #117  
I wish!

S/C/G: 185/136/135

Height: 5'6''

Can I join your thread please? I justed weighed in at 149 this morning (woo-hoo) and I have been struggling thru the 150s for about 2 months - man, that was a tough decade to slog thru!! Soooooooo happy to be in the 140s!!!
StringBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 08:31 AM   #118  
Master Water Retainer

S/C/G: 205/ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

Hi! Like StringBean, I would like to join the thread. Weighed in at 149.5 this morning ().

Hello everyone!

Last edited by RubyGuggenheim; 08-03-2009 at 08:33 AM.
RubyGuggenheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 08:36 AM   #119  
Queen Yo-yo

Canadia:
Hahahaha, I think the pepperoni ON the pizza is more like 100 calories alone! It's too bad that she doesn't want to educate herself, and become more aware of what she's taking into her body, but... to each her own.

StringBean:
Of course you can join! This thread needs more life, we're just finally getting some regular posters in here, so it's not mostly just me talking to myself.
Congratulations on getting out of that decade, and into this one! You're so close to your goal!

Ruby:
Omigod, hey, congrats!!!!! Welcome!!!
I know you were struggling with some stupid water weight, and bouncing back up to like 153, I'm so happy to see it's all come wooshing off!

As for me...
My scale has been SUPER inconsistent today. First it weighed me in as 145.8, and I didn't believe it, so I re-zeroed and it and weighed again. All of a sudden I was 147.4.... after weighing myself about ten million times, it settled on 146.2, a number which I'm fine with as I didn't really expect to stay at 146.0 anyhow.. but it does annoy me that my scale seems to be playing roulette with my weight... I don't have a place in my room that I can leave my scale all the time, so I have to tuck it into my closet, and I guess I put it in a slightly different spot every day, which may affect my weight a bit... It's very annoying. I'm moving into a new place at the end of this month, hopefully there'll be permanent room for it in the bathroom...

Last edited by Jelbb; 08-03-2009 at 08:37 AM.
Old 08-03-2009, 08:50 AM   #120  
Master Water Retainer

S/C/G: 205/ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

Jelbb - Thanks! Yeah, last night was one of those nights when I could just tell I was going to have gone down a lot this morning. I can't believe you're already around 146! Didn't you just move into the 140s like a week ago?! Congrats!
RubyGuggenheim is offline   Reply With Quote