Old 08-03-2006, 11:29 PM   #1  
Give peace a chance.

Smile Movin' and Losin' #19

I finally did it! Let's look for a fresh start. Don't let another month slip away. Let's do it! Exercise and eating right, and a little
Catlover777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 04:54 PM   #2  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Hey hey it's Saturday and I am up and at 'em already.

Don't know if you ladies have seen the 3FC challenge that Suzanne started last week. She wants us to let her know at the end of the month, how much weight we have lost for the month of August. You don't need to publish your weight or anything. On my other thread, we have joined Suzanne's challenge and added measurements. Sometimes when we exercise, the weight doesn't change so much but the inches melt away. That's as good a victory as losing weight. I managed to update my siggy last night - not that it looks good but hey it is a start. That might inspire me.

Got a million gazillion things to do today so since I was awake early, I figured I would get started asap - but not before coffee. So while I drink the coffee, I'll chat here.

This project I am working on presently, is getting at me because it is so BIG and so many people and to find anything. any scrap of information, any piece of vital information you have to go knocking from door to door and get passed on from person to person. Eventually you either figure out what you want to know yourself or you find the fountain of knowledge and all is well. It really is quite daunting but is getting better the more people I get to talk to. I think that when the pretend and awfully HR type stuff ends (how to train the participant nicely)and the real world begins the week after next (with my 4 x 2 and nails) I shall quite enjoy myself. I leave here for Weipa next Sunday (not tomorrow) and will be away about 9 weeks. How I will be able to communicate here is still up in the air. At present, it doesn't look like I will have internet access, however I am doing my best to persuade them that I still have to talk to the outside world for banking purposes, for family reasons etc. and internet access will be the cheapest way to do it. I hope I don't have to resort to threats to get it.

Okay, it is supposed to be windy today, so I'd better go hang out some washing. Maybe burn a few more old papers before the wind gets up and then get off to gym. After that I'd better sort out a list of 'to do's', 'to take with me', 'to pay', and finally 'to **** with it' Footy is on tonight. Not my All Blacks but it is still footy. I'll be there with a glass of Spanish red and something from the fridge to start the cleanout of food. Pusscat is starting to get a whiff of something happening. She's getting a little wary.

Sorry I haven't been around much. Work is getting in the way. Well done Cat on starting the new thread. I had intended to look at it this weekend.

Get on with it Shad
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 10:30 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 148.8

Height: 5 ft

Hi Ladies,

Well I haven't moved and probably will not. Gene is doing well with rehab, however, it is quite slow.

I am exercising three times a week at Slender Lady and Shad, you are correct I have only lost 3 lbs. in almost 4 weeks but I have also taken off 3 inches. Why do we always want everything to happen right now! Life just doesn't work that way.

I am sure most of you saw in your newspapers or heard on the news about the serial killers we have had for the last year. Well fortunately enough with the help of the FBI, a lot of the police departments they apprehended two of those killers last evening. They were just killing people at random and even animals. We still have one on the loose and he is called the Baseline killer. Years ago I do believe people were more sane and yet they didn't have the material things people have today.

Has anyone been watching "So you Think you Can Dance" I find this very interesting--to see these young people really put their hearts and souls into performing their very best. Next week will be the final week and I hope my guy wins--Benji. Can you believe I am one of those voting fools and this week I will have to really do it big time!

It's so great to be in touch but with Gene going to rehab three times a week and my exercising, the time just flies.

Take care,
Anita
Nita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 09:26 AM   #4  

Hello Ladies,

Cat - Thank you for posting the new site.

Nita - I saw about the serial killers on the news and of couse when they mentioned Phonex, the first persons I thougth of were you and Gene. I'm so glad they caught 2 of them, will pray they catch the last one. It's good to hear that Gene is doing good.

Shad - Hope they give you internet access. I"m with you it's much cheaper then paying for long distance calls and lots more convienent. I will go and look at Suzanne's challenge. I need something to get me going.

As for me not much going on as far as exercise and eating right. It's been so hot here, today is a expected 103 and still no rain. Lots of sales going on because of back to school and it's tax free weekend. NO sales tax on certain items. So i'm going to try and take advantage of a few items. Going to run some errans this morning before it gets to hot.
1day@atime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 10:04 AM   #5  
Give peace a chance.

Nita--yes, I hadheard of the killings, and was so glad they were caught. I do think there is a tendency to romanticize the past, though. For example, between 1882 and 1951, 4,730 people were lynched in the United States: 3,437 Negro and 1,293 white. Lawrence, which was considered a friendly place for African Americans, once had four hung off the Kaw River bridge. Then there were gangland slayings (remember the St. Valentine's Day massacre?) So the violence was in a different form but it was there.
Old 08-06-2006, 11:32 AM   #6  

Default RE: Setting goals and achievement points!

Good Sunday Morning Girls!

Time has a way of passing. At times, it may pass ever so very slowly. Other times, I find myself wondering how on planet earth did I get here from there? One of my closer high school friends lost her Mother this week. I found myself remembering overnight weekend stays at their warm and inviting home. On Saturday evenings we would go cheer her Father on, as he raced his orange Mock One Mustang #11, how much fun. Also flashing into my memory bank is an extra large plate sized chocolate chip cookie made for me by her younger brother. As we reach the half way point of summer, I am fondly reminded of these memories some 35 years ago, and realize summer is not the only half way point today. Time has a way of passing.

Cat: Rock on girl, and thanks so very much for the new home!!! I believe the difference today is technology enables us to more readily experience violence at higher levels. I worry about how the constant exposure to violence, even as entertainment, will effect future generations. With war rampant in more parts of the world than not today, it is a scary, scary time. I force myself to remain up to date on international news, but it takes a brave soul to understand the level of cruelity and violence taking place. Again, your writing and poems are truly awesome. Keep them coming.

OneDay: It is hot here also. We just had a few days with lower humidity, but generally have had 103 heat index numbers the last few weeks. Hey, what items have no tax? Curious? There have been rumors of eliminating the gas tax in Indiana, and if they did it here that would be helpful. I am doing some shopping getting ready for school to start.

Nita: Great news to learn Gene is once again on the road to feeling better and stronger. I am sure you are a big part of his success. Are you doing any sewing? I bought a new winter coat at a close out sale. It was exactly what I have been looking for, and I paid $36.00 for a $119.00 coat. Oh what a feeling. I will take the shoulder pads that are in it out and put different ones in. It's a grey walking coat, with a hood - very simple. Sewing skills really help out. Now, to find the time.

I have really enjoyed fresh fruit this summer. I have not had any bad watermelon this summer, and I have a cantalope to cut up now. Our supermarket finally is beginning to be consumer friendly and is selling mixed fresh fruit containers - just say YUM. I do believe I'll be rejoining WW in the next few weeks. I still need to work on the 'Movin' part of our logo.

My friend that lost her Mother is 8 weeks into the Optifast weight loss program. I followed this plan about 15 years ago and lost just over 100 pounds. The worst part was attempting to keep the weight off. Hopefully at some point, I'll master this. After all, summer is half way over. I would have loved to be able to say I've lost half the weight I want to.

Again, thanks for the new home CAT.

HalGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 04:10 PM   #7  
Give peace a chance.

Hal--I think you have a good point about all the violence. You know, I see parents who are careful with their kids, for example junk food is a rare, rare, treat, yet they'll they let them watch junk violent TV or videos any time.

DH made walk halfway around the block (we cut up the alley), which was way better than before.

Nita (esp)--He is trying an interesting web site--diagnose-medotcom. (Do not leave out the hyphen, as you get something not nearly as good). It's an expert system, and asks an incredibly detailed history. I'll let you know if it's any good; maybe you'd want to try it for your digestive problems.

With E sick, there is extra stuff to do. And we had a Hiroshima Day vigil downtown. Very scary all the nuclear threats. Must try to get ready before tomorrow.
Old 08-06-2006, 05:42 PM   #8  

Cat - I was in Hiroshima some years ago for August 6th. It's an amazing place. There were several of the survivors there for the ceremony. They are very frail now but they survive. They are revered.
The trail of origami cranes is amazing. There were thousands of them. If I remember when I get back from Weipa, I will upload some photos of the place. If any of you ever get to Japan, it is a very good place to visit. There is a museum there which every single person on this earth should see and experience.

Can't stop. Nice to see so many posting. Must be the new home.
Old 08-06-2006, 08:10 PM   #9  

Hello Ladies,

We had some rain showers today. I was jumping for joy when I drove down my street and saw the rain, unfortunately it's was lightning and apparently it hit a transformer. We'll I was not aware of that so when I tried to open my garage door it wouldn't work. Then I tried to manually open it, not realizing the power was out. We'll to make a long story short, the door ended up jaming and the wirerope got tangled. I tried to fix it, but didn't want to put my hand up their. Had to call a repair man, and it cost $ 190 to come out on a sunday. I would of left it for tomorrow BUT the door was halfway up and that's just inviting someone to come in my garage. I have to remind myself that even though that not in my budget, to be grateful that I have the money to repair it.

Hal - Is optifast still around? Is that the protein diet? The sales tax break this weekend applies to any type of clothing that is under $ 100.00 The funny thing is it doesn't apply to school supplies.
Old 08-07-2006, 07:44 PM   #10  

Default RE: Recipie for success..

Hey Movers and Losers!

I snagged this recipe from the front page of 3FC, and it looks so good. I cannot wait to try it. So, here goes...

1 red bell pepper per person
1-2 T of olive oil, depending on how many you make. Enough to coat.
1 T basil
1 T oregano
1/8 c LF shredded mozarella per person

Cut bell pepper into strips. Toss in a bowl with oil and spices. Spread in a baking dish. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes. Sprinkle mozzarella over peppers. Bake for another 10 minutes, or until mozzarella is browned and peppers are to your desired consistency. At 30 minutes, they still were crisp-tender, which is how we enjoy them.

I dedicate this recipe to future success and our good friend, Thin!

Old 08-07-2006, 09:42 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 148.8

Height: 5 ft

Good Evening Ladies,

I had one of those dizzy spell days yesterday and did manage to bowl in a tournament but when I came home I made Gene dinner and then I went to bed for a nap. I did not wake up until Gene woke me at 9:00 p.m. I then proceeded to my room and slept the entire night until 6:00 a.m. this morning. I still felt dizzy and took another antivert pill and after breakfast I felt much better. Then I took Gene to his therapy. I tried going to my gym to work out but it was closed due to illness.

I did, however, manage to get back there this afternoon and after my exercising I was allowed a "free" trial of an infra sauna type machine. I was in this machine for 15 minutes and I truly was sweating but afterwards and even now I feel great. My leg which usually bothers me at night seems to be fine. I went on the internet checking out prices for your own sauna and they really aren't that expensive. Supposedly it can take care of a lot of medical problems. Have any of you been in any saunas? Gene initially thinks it is a waste of money. I, however, don't think it is.

Well I had better get moving. It really is great posting again!

Anita
Nita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 08:06 AM   #12  

Default RE: Ice Box....

Good Tuesday Morning Girls!

I am preparing to go in today to get ready for the next 3 days of training I'll be presenting to the faculty with a team of teachers. My room remains blocked off due to maintenance work, but I'll have to work around the obstacles and just make due. If I did not mention it, it flooded for the 4th time in 5 years. Tiles have popped out of the floors, all ceiling tiles are missing, mold is growing... I'll stop on that one.

Nita: My Grandmother use to suffer from the periodic dizzy spells, and she would be incapacitated for a while. It was Mynears syndrome, and inner ear problem. It never went away, she just had to be prepared for flare ups. I have little to no experience with saunas, but this sounds nice.

Shad: Always good to hear from you... good luck keeping your internet connection while working. Some things are just necessary. LOL

Cat: So, I have the news on early yesterday only to catch a news clip from W in Crawford, Texas. We are in the middle of a middle east crisis, and he is hanging at the ranch? Scary, scary, scary. Queen Knorr was on the Today show this AM doing her level best to explain what could precipitate peace, repeating time after time the facts. To deaf ears I am afraid.

OneDay: We are due to cool off here today, hope your weather does the same. Yes, believe it or not Optifast is still around, and still about the same price as it was 15 years ago. I've been watching the newest celebrity weight loss club with the Wilson girl. I read her second book about weight loss surgery, and the experiences. It is a tuff go, whatever you do.

Well girls, I'm shopping for red pepper treats from my posted recipe. Yum-O!

Old 08-09-2006, 09:50 PM   #13  
Give peace a chance.

Hal--cool recipe.

Not good day for DH--of course, the heat doesn't help.

Just doesn't seem to me to be primarily a physical therapy problem, regardless of the the Super Doctor said.

Night, all.
Old 08-10-2006, 06:58 AM   #14  

Evening all,

Nita - hope those dizzy spells go away from you. It must be so difficult when you have so much to do with looking after the DH and exercising and the stress of to move or not to move.

Hal - the one thing that amazes me about supermarkets and food people is that they haven't yet cottoned on to the fact that a fair proportion of the population is now living in a single situation. Particularly women. I would have thought that by now they would have started putting things in packs for one - recipe books are just as bad. When did you last see a book named - Recipes for 1 person, or Eating alone or whatever. It's tough trying to cut recipes down sometimes.

Oneday - lucky you - got some rain. Heck I wish we could have some.

While I think about it, my trip to the States later this year is postponed to March or April of next year. By the time I finish this new contract in October, and get over my sisters visit and my brothers 50th, it will be too cold over there to make it. I don't mind cold weather, but trying to cope with driving on the 'wrong' side of the road and the bad weather would be just too much. So I'll wait until spring. I'm sure you will all be still there.

Sunday, I leave for Weipa. I'll be away around 8 weeks. Hopefully there will be a trip or two home during that time, but since this mob don't seem to have much in the way of organisational skills, I wouldn't bet on too much. I see from the schedule, I am already booked to do two courses on the same day, at the same time and 100k apart in two different mines. Right maybe I'll undertake the cloning process tomorrow. Should be interesting. I've had to fight all the way to get information so I can alert the family as to where I will be and when, until today I didn't even know where I will stay while there. I had to threaten not to go to get that information as well. Bah humbug.

Okay, best go throw some more stuff in the case while I remember and then off to bed. Tomorrow is another day and at least it is Friday even if I am not ready for this weekend.
Old 08-13-2006, 02:04 PM   #15  

Hello Ladies -

Still hot here in Texas. Yesteday we got some good rains showers but unfortunately they were scattered and my house didn't get any. Yesterday I went to my 30th reunion from my 8th grade class. I went to Catholic school and after 8th grade most of them went on to Catholic High School. There were probably 10 of us who went out to public. It was so much fun getting to together and talking about school days. Two of the priest showed up at our reunion, who are no longer that at parish. Lots of fun. Funny how some people never changed.