Old 09-29-2015, 10:19 AM   #226  

S/C/G: 257/230.0/156

Height: 5' 8"

Morning Violets!

Aiming to be better today. I am stressed about nonsense things and things that really ought not to concern me. So hopefully I can stay strong in avoiding gnoshing on whatever is in my way. Quite ridiculous the petty and small things that can cloud your overall view of the whole thing and derail your eating for the day. Seriously - crazy. I need willpower today to do well.

This week is crazy with meetings for me. I'd rather just a quiet week but that is never the case.

I hopped on the scale, after breakfast of course, but before shower. I have a ballpark idea I gained two pounds. So will try to get the body moved today and be really watchful of the food that goes in my mouth and push the water. Will this ever get easier? Will the pounds really start to move w/o feeling like such effort?

I am having a day already. Let's hope it rights itself soon. Happy day to you all!
lemonthyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 05:22 PM   #227  

Can I just say chocolate these last few days has been my downfall! WTH?! I keep trying to be good, today it's chilly out, I am running around in shorts and freezing, but I don't want to turn to fall just yet. I haven't been drinking water - too cold for that. Maybe that's my whole issue? I did so well before TOM, now what the heck is up here? Maybe the availability? Whomever knows, but I do hope I can stop soon. A piece here or there adds up quickly. Why can't I say no?

Anyone else plagued by crazy cravings this week? What are you doing to nip them out of your diet? Hopefully no one else succumbs to such. Yikes, I need help righting this roller coaster.
Old 09-29-2015, 05:49 PM   #228  
mam1958

S/C/G: 307/267/160

Height: 5'6"

Lemon,

You gave into the sugar. Now (if you are like me) you HAVE to be strong and say no. Remember it only takes a few days for the sugar cravings to stop. BUT once you start they get worst the more you feed them.

You maybe like me and a little only throws you into a binge that just continues.

I am giving you my wisdom (which I wish someone did for me before I put the 100 pounds back on). STOP the SUGAR NOW!!!!!

If you don't believe what I am saying go to the Food Addicts Support thread by mars735 and read the entries there. You will find there are many people like us there.

There is no little bit of sugar for some of us it like an addict or an alcoholic we just can not have one.

This is what the diet industry wants us to believe. They want us to believe it is ok to have a little and stop. For some of us (ME) it is not so.

You decide what you want to do. 2 pounds is nothing compared to what you can put on if you do not stop NOW.

Sorry to preach but if I can help you to get off this roller coaster I will be happy.

LG
mam1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 09:06 AM   #229  

Mam: Well, I am guessing that is part of my weight issue. I am starting afresh today w/the sugar being banned. The funny thing is I can go a period of time w/o and then when it hits gobble it right and left. Yes, gobble is a good word for it today. All I can do is be better and try my best to avoid it. Get over that hump and move on. Too bad I don't have a craving for cauliflower instead! It'd just be residual gas instead = hah! Thanks for the pep talk.

Les: How is your scale today? What's your 199 treat for yourself? I am thinking maybe a good pair of shoes for myself that are stylish and comfortable. Not tennis shoes. We have had financial issues the past few years so I haven't bought much new for myself, always my kids and DH first as they are the ones out of the house and I am here everyday so it's the 4 walls that see me. I know I need to dress better and look better.

Hello Violets!

AM:
Today is a new day. Will aim to try my best and get on with it. My DH and I had a tiff this am, I asked if he got the two simple things done last night and he didn't. He didn't like me asking and he didn't want to do them (putting away dishes and bringing clean clothing upstairs). ARGH> do any of your SOs drive you bonkers when you ask them to do something simple? Makes me want to scream. Instead I just went my way this morning and kept out of his.

I have to pull my garden today, we weren't suppose to have frost and we ended up w/frost. So I need to pull what has to come out and I can leave the parsnips until a really hard frost. Supposedly makes them tastier? Who knows. I have been somewhat bad w/my garden this summer. I hate being attacked by bugs and I just never got back out there to weed frequently. I did have straw down so that was a huge help. BUT, once the tomatoes got the blight I was disheartened again. But I will plan a garden for next year. I just need to find what I can do to protect the tomatoes. Any suggestions?

Ok - diet is back on today, water will be consumed, body will be moved, a smile will be made. Happy day to you all. Do your best w/what you are doing!

Update on my day: doing well thus far, almost 33 oz of water in, no sweets today, no bread. Made a huge salad to go with dinner, cleaned the fridge out, tossed a lot out, started a slow cooker dinner. Heading outside to pull my garden out - more exercise while my little one is sleeping. I can do this! I just thought I'd let you know I am not going to let the sweets get to me unless they are of the fructose variety, and even then slim with those for a while. I do however have apples cooking down with some cranberries to make unsweetened sauce for dessert this evening. It makes the house smell divine.

Last edited by lemonthyme; 09-30-2015 at 02:09 PM.
Old 09-30-2015, 05:57 PM   #230  

S/C/G: 230/150/150

Height: 5'7

Glad you're conquering the sweets, Lemon! That applesauce sounds good. I am no help on the tomatoes, ours always start strong and then halfway through the season it's too hot for them and they sizzle out. We have better luck with summer squash, peppers, and herbs. But I didn't even plant anything this year. Maybe I will have a small fall garden though, especially now that I'm eating better and cooking more.

My scale finally headed in the right direction this morning, although not by much. I still feel bloated and I've had a very stressful week, so I'm hoping for a whoosh sometime soon. I'm doing really well with the eating and water, but not so well on the moving part. No walks but getting at least half my steps just running errands. It's so hot here again, but we are supposed to get a few cooler days soon. Hopefully I will start my daily walks again, because they really did make me feel better and less stressed.

Hope you're both doing great today, and hope our quiet members are, as well!
LesGetFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 12:07 AM   #231  

S/C/G: 294/275/160

Just checking in. Been stress upon stress upon stress here. I've been continuing to walk to work even after the scare of almost being hit by an idiot driver who was more interested in his crotch than the road. Probably texting or looking for a phone number to call someone. Sometimes I hate cell phones. That was a week ago and my knee is now swollen and painful. I broke down and bought a brace for it. I can't stop walking to work, it's my only mode of transportation right now, but it is playing **** on my body right now.

Everyone here is watching the weather and gearing up for Joaquin to come up the coast. Hoping it's not as bad as Sandy was a couple of years back but when DH starts worrying about gathering flashlights and fresh batteries, I get worried. We had no power for a week with that one. I live on the eastern border of Pennsylvania. I'm just hoping for the stupid thing to go out to sea and leave us alone.

I can't help anyone with vegetable gardens. I tried for years to grow vegetables but halfway through the summer would take a two week vacation to my mother in law's and would lose the garden to weeds even though I weeded it like a madwoman just before we went. I gave up on it. The final straw was when I listed how much I spent on start up and how much I harvested. I would have been better off just buying the little bit I actually got at the store and saved myself the trouble.

I lost 5 lbs from last week to this one so I think my gain was from water. I'm watching the salt and the sweets but it's hard. Even knowing that it makes me feel like crap (sleepy, light headed, and cranky) after I give in and eat wrong, I still give in and eat the crap. What is wrong with me???

Praying for everyone here. Hope you have a good rest of the week. Keep your heads up. We are in it to win it.
Firewife3041 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 07:03 AM   #232  
mam1958

Hey violets,

Carol sorry you are having such a rough time right now. Hope things get better for you.

As far as the storm we are watching also. I live in western Massachusetts. We usually don't get real bad storms but, lately we have had some bad weather here we never had before.

Tornados, micro bursts, a snow storm in October when the leaves are still on the trees. That storm did the most damage. Knocked down trees electric out for weeks for people. YUG!!! We are used of getting buried in snow not this kind of crazy weather. This happens in other parts of the US not up here.

Hopefully it misses us. Les is it going to hit you?

Lemon as far a tomatoes getting blight I have found that when you buy your plants at a big retail store (Home Depot) they tend to get all kinds of deceases. I only buy mine from the local farmers here. This has helped me.
That applesauce sounds great. Recipe please.

Les on the scale moving.

Today I am going with my aunt to Boston on a day trip. It will be fun. We usually go out for lunch so I have to be very careful with what I have. I am thinking a big salad.

Have a great day.... LG
Old 10-01-2015, 08:59 AM   #233  

Fire: I am glad your headaches have ceased. I have met plenty a dumb driver, did your's actually hit you? Geez. Stay safe w/Joachim. Not something anyone needs I am sure! In the last 6 years or so, there was a later summer hurricane that blew it's clouds all the way in to us in WI, it was an amazing sight and brought extreme cool with it I seem to remember. Hopefully it just peters out.

Mam:
Have fun w/your auntie in Boston. Do you do things with her often? Is she a Polish gal as well? Same to you on the weather - be careful stay safe! Funny - that's where I got my tomatoes from this year. I had problems last year - 1/2 were from HD and the others a local greenhouse. I am thinking next year to plant w/fresh dirt in 5 gal pails and putting the pails in my garden because my patio is small after you have garbage cans, wood for a fire pit and endless kids items cycling through. Maybe I will find something that really clues me in to an "it will work" idea.

Les: Good for you on dealing w/the diet. Today I'd so like to say throwing in the towel. Yep, my weight did bob back up 2 lbs, but I haven't been to the gym, just my yard work. My DH I am about ready to bonk over the head because this whole thing is a partnership right and right now he is trending not to be in the household helpful category, so I am spending more of my time chasing my tail trying to get my house ready for winter w/o his help. I am hopeful I can get to the gym this evening and watch project runway as I cycle. It's disappointing that reducing food and water and having had my sweet bender has done this. I wish it weren't so hard some days to see the light. I will live vicariously through your onederland move until I loose my 45 to get there. It seems a daunting number today.

Hello Violets!

AM:
Struggling but what's new this week? I have two appointments today in regards to my kids, one is at the house and the house looks horrible. I have to get it cleaned in two hours time. I don't want to, I don't want to do the meeting and frankly I'd love to just scream and run away. Maybe my weight would fall off then?

I just had my go to breakfast, but had added a piece of peanut butter toast with my egg and string cheese. I still have leftovers of the big salad so that will be for lunch w/my chicken breast. Dinner I still have to figure out. Somedays I feel like it takes forever to settle on a recipe that sounds good. Will see and hopefully todays happens quicker w/lots of ideas.

Does anyone else struggle w/what YOU SHOULD eat vs being mindless and just grabbing the first thing you see? Today feels like one of those days. I will keep to my tracker, and my water and hope to keep that at bay. I CAN DO THIS.

Happy day to you all - send words of encouragement here so I can tell this stupid roller coaster to go away for good. Sorry for being vocal on such. And how do you politely tell your spouse, that though he means well to stop bringing me the things that add weight back on? He's not really dieting (which I expected) and I am fine w/that. But he keeps bringing me sodas or the other night an ice cream bar and then he gets hurt when I say I can't have these things - he's doing it because he's thinking of me. I'd rather a flower myself, but that doesn't happen. Any who, I guess I have to find a work around for that. I'm happy he's thinking of me, but it's hard when it's things I have said I can't have or have often.

No derailing today - I aim not to do so!

Last edited by lemonthyme; 10-01-2015 at 09:00 AM.
Old 10-02-2015, 12:27 AM   #234  

S/C/G: 294/275/160

After a brief respite from headache, my migraine is back full bore. Barometer changes trigger the migraines for me. I'm trying to stay away from Coke, trying coffee instead. Hoping that helps to calm things. I'm fully expecting to feel rotten till Joaquin moves away. Till then the unsettled weather will play the kettledrums in my head. I won't stop moving till I can't move anymore though. I'm a tough old bird. Mama taught me not to give in to the pain so I don't.

Lemon, I didn't get hit by the idiot, thank God. He came close but I was able to get into the grass and avoid it. What I couldn't avoid was a gopher hole that twisted my right leg and ankle. The only pain left is the knee. I think trying to stay on my feet instead of letting myself fall caused me to sprain it. I can walk on it so I think I'll be ok. Much better than being hit by a car, that's for sure.

On the tomatoes, have you tried starting them from seed? My mom used to start hers in March or April inside in a sunny window. Once the temperatures got warm enough, (60's at least) she'd put them outside in the sun for the afternoon and bring them back in at dusk so they didn't get cold. In May she'd leave them out all day to toughen them and plant them in the garden after Memorial Day. She never had a problem with diseases and usually had tons of tomatoes. I was reminded by my older sister as we were talking about our childhood and she was telling me how Mom would teach us to count by having us count the seeds for each section of the starter trays and count how many plants were in each tray. Mom had a green thumb, everything she touched thrived. I'm not so lucky. I'm good at weeds.

I hope everyone has a great weekend. I'm going to try to get caught up with everyone's posts. Internet has been a little sketchy. Sunday, if all goes well we will have a new provider and hopefully will not keep losing the signal.
Firewife3041 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 09:58 AM   #235  

Fire: No I have not tried starting mine from seed. I have not had lots of luck w/seed starting - my kids usually get into them if I leave them on the 1st level of our home to "see if anythings growing mom" and then leave the lid off, or I over water them and they get moldy. My MIL has started hers, but when she does mice visit and eat the tops (she's on a farmette, and mice are just part of her basements winter). But maybe I will try this method next year. I have a while to ponder.

Sorry to hear your barometer head is back. Hopefully Joachim doesn't stick around for long. Did your DH gather all his hurricane and emergency preparedness stuff? What do you all do if you get hit by one? I am in the Midwest so nothing like that to really compare too. Do you evacuate to a safer area of your state? Do you ride it out?

I am glad you weren't hit, but darn gophers. I have major moles I am dealing with, I know how it goes. Except w/mine I sink on their darn tunnels and then trip.

Hello Violets!

Well, one pound off from my binge this last week. I do hope by tomorrow morning I am at least back at 243. I am 244 this morning, after my shower, so maybe I am not as heavy because I have discovered that my weight always goes up w/wet hair. It makes me wonder how much water hides in my hair or on my body. I confess, I am one who never dries off fully much to the chagrin of my DH.

So I am sitting here eating a new breakfast idea for me. 1/4 cup homemade salsa on the side, 1/2 an avocado, a hard boiled egg and my string cheese. Its a colorful plate thats for certain and not too bad on the palate.

Otherwise, I am hopeful the weight will continue to move on down. I have a lot of yard work to do this weekend as well readying for winter and the like. So that will be one way to keep moving. It's a beautiful fall morning here - suns out, blue sky and crisper than crisp in the air as we had a frost last night. I like this time - the air just feels full of mystery and strangely hope. I love fall, the colors, the crispness, the fruits of the season. it's a lovely time here and the leaves are turning red in my yard w/my burning bushes and my maple. I still have to get some clearance bushes and plants in the ground before it gets too cold. I just haven't gotten there yet.

Happy weight falling off all of you. Have a grand weekend ahead and hopefully Joachim peters out - I haven't seen the news on such this morning yet, so maybe he has.
Old 10-02-2015, 02:31 PM   #236  
will it ever stick??? lol

S/C/G: 283.6/236.8/155

Height: 5'6

Hey guys, kinda disappeared a little so trying to jump in here lol

lemon My dads brother in law works for herrs and has us stocked up on 4 shelves of chips, cookies and candy so my hardest part is to not just go back there during the day and grab nutter butters or popcorn or candy so I know what you mean. I made a promise to myself the other day to only eat what I bring with me to work and its been working for the last few days.

fire Hope you don't get hit too hard! I think my area will be ok but my normal grocery shopping day is tomorrow so im hoping the store isn't wiped out. I go at 730 am so I think I should be ok
Amberkkski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 04:58 PM   #237  
mam1958

Hey violets,

Amber glad to see your post we were wondering where you went. Bringing your own food is a good idea.

Carol hope your head is better.

Lemon yeah on the pound lost. So easy to put on so hard to take off. But you can do this. Our leaves are falling also such pretty reds here. But we didn't have much rain so they are saying we aren't going to have a very colorful foliage this year..

This time of year is exciting here many fall activities. Hayrides, pumpkin painting, scarecrow making (we do this with Marley ever year). Mazes the Big E. I am glad to see the cooler weather also. It is such a nice crisp breeze.

Today I started my fall cleaning got 2 rooms done. I move everything and wash behind it and wash windows change my curtains. I like to change because I would get sick of the same curtains all year. It is amazing how dirty things get.

I am smelling my supper cooking yummo!!! Baked chicken and cauliflower. I have found Emerald's spices I just love them. No extra calories even better.

I have been doing fantastic with eating moving nothing yet. But I will start soon.

LG
Old 10-03-2015, 10:52 AM   #238  

Amber: Welcome back! Hope the weight is dropping off for you and you are enjoying your start to fall.

Mam: Hope the scale moves for you today and you do well this weekend. Soup sounds good!

Les: How are you doing w/your non-exercise? I am joining you on that front! I need to get back, but life is getting into the way from garden pulling to trips to the ER, it eats up the time I'd like to set aside.

Fire: How's your head today?

Hello Violets!

AM: Last night we had a fire pit going and made smores, more for the kids than anything else and I got to torch a marshmallow was not planned but did happen! Kind of funny as my kids laughed at me for trying to put out flaming sugar on a stick. It was a good welcome to fall but the cold got us quickly and I am always afraid my youngest is going to trip right into the burning pit.

It's another beautiful day here today. I have so much to get done in readying for winter and the like. I have to do things both in and out of the house. I'd like 3 more weekend days this weekend to get it all done w/my DHs help w/o worry of breaks for football or shopping or the like. But I will hope I can at least get some of it done in a reasonable amount of time.

Weight is going down some. Not a lot, will hope to post my weigh in next week. I keep bobbing along but i know why - from the sugar to the inactivity it all adds up for me to poundage. So I will just keep with it as best I can. I wish we had switches to turn off the cravings and also switches to turn on to make one more energy and gumption to want to move the body even if it means less sleep. I am trying, it's just been trying of late. So here I go again to pick myself up and say we can do this.

Happy weekend to you all@
Old 10-03-2015, 12:24 PM   #239  

S/C/G: 230/150/150

Height: 5'7

Hi all! I've been super busy but finally have some time to myself today.

Amber- Welcome back! Sounds like you're doing well, I'm glad you can resist those snacks! I hope the store wasn't too busy or empty this morning.

Firewife- I hope you're feeling better, and that Joaquin leaves you alone.

Mam- Glad you're enjoying fall! Fun activities, a clean house, and a good dinner? Sounds like all you need.

Lemon- I'm glad you are having nice weather and getting some things done. Sorry about the weight fluctuations, but hopefully you even out soon and end up with a nice whoosh. And I hope your cravings go away!

I'm doing ok, started walking again yesterday, and we finally have some cooler weather here, so I'll walk today and tomorrow as well. I hope it sticks around for a bit, I'm ready to be done with these summer temperatures. My weight has been all over the place. After getting to 206, I was back up at 210 a couple days later. Now I'm back to 207, which is exactly where I was a week ago, lol. But hey, it's still better than when I started. But I did run into someone this morning that I haven't seen in a few months (and who has no idea I'm trying to lose weight), and the first thing they said to me was "Wow, you're looking skinny!" An exaggeration for sure, haha, but I do appreciate that people can tell already. So I'll keep keeping on, and hopefully my scale will follow.

Hope everyone has a fabulous weekend!

Edited to add: I had to come back and thank Lemonthyme for encouraging me to take progress pictures. You were totally right! I took new pictures today, and the difference with even just 23 pounds down is amazing. I look healthier and happier already. Just what I needed to feel awesome again!

Last edited by LesGetFit; 10-03-2015 at 02:26 PM.
LesGetFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 06:50 PM   #240  
mam1958

Hey violets,

I feel good.....Like my old self. Not eating sugar just makes such a difference for me.

I think I am over the hump with my operation ,I am not sleeping as much and feel more rested.

I cleaned 2 more rooms today. Eating is spot on again. I figure all the bending and stretching I am doing is exercise compared to not doing any after surgery.

Les great attitude with the weight that is right what you weigh now is better than what you weighted at the start.

So glad the pictures helped you. And someone noticing to is nice.

Lemon had a good laugh at you lighting the marshmallow. Sounds like you had fun.

I'm off to watch some football..

LG