Old 06-12-2012, 10:08 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 289/274/147

Height: 5'7"

I would love that lasagna recipe, if you have time to type it or point me to it!

My husband is also a junk fiend. I ask him to keep it in his office and away from our daughter. Junk food isn't really my thing (except for snack cakes or Hubig's pies but my husband doesn't care for them so he never buys them, problem solved) but if you're going to bring it in my HOME at some point...I'll think about it.

My weakness is quantity. I don't like to be full, but I will snack all day long. I don't eat a lot of sugary stuff, but I can eat a whole container of hummus on raw cauliflower because I just love it so much. Or cottage cheese and berries? I can eat it till it's gone - a half cup at a time, all day long. I think this is a throw back to "sneaking food" when I was a kid. Or maybe I'm just nuts

Question: How do you keep yourselves focused and on-plan?

I just saw some pictures of myself at a wedding a few weeks ago and I didn't recognize myself. I don't even look like ME anymore, it's so weird. That was a kick in the butt. I am trying to keep a list of reasons I hate being fat (negative) and reasons I want to lose weight (positive). I hope that helps. I keep telling myself, fit not fat at 40.
98DaysOfSummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 01:03 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 307/263/165

Height: 5'9

98DaysOfSummer... I will definitely type it out for you later this evening. It was really good, the kids ate it, even DH who doesn't want to eat eggplant ate it. Granted, he didn't LOVE it, he tolerated it and said he would eat it again for me. I told him just pick out the eggplant..lol :P

For me, the best way to stay on plan is to weigh myself daily...when I gain, I'm bummed and tell myself to tighten up for the day..if I have a loss..then I feel even MORE motivated..thinking I'm doing so great..push HARDER. I also spend a lot of time looking at clothes on discount sample sites that I'd love to order...and it totally motivates me. When I get to my goal weight, I'm going on a huge $2000 shopping spree..eheh

Also..this morning when I stepped on the scale it was 271.5...wooohoo! Hope I can keep it up for my weigh in day NEXT Monday! *pout*
ALEKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 09:47 AM   #33  

Congratulations! 271 is fantastic!

I also weight daily. When I start avoiding the scale, it's usually for a reason. I don't freak out too much about small, normal fluctuations but I know from WW that if my weigh in day is Friday, I will slack till Wednesday and then eat nothing but vegetables till Friday (because I am a crazy person).

I am going back to bed because I am SUPER super sick. I feel disgusting. Hope this passes quickly!
Old 06-13-2012, 12:14 PM   #34  

I hope you feel better soon!!
Old 06-13-2012, 02:50 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 354/342/250(for now)

Height: 5'3"

I hope you're feeling at least a little bit better now that it's later in the day, 98.
CanadianCutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 03:07 PM   #36  

Thanks! My husband brought this lovely grott home with him so there is a bright spot - I know how long it lasts. He had two really ugly days and then he started feeling better (still sounds awful) so if I can just hang in till tomorrow, I might make it! Right now I'm waking up to choke down meds and this funky Wellness tea (my friend swears by it, tastes like it was strained through gym socks, hooray!) and find something else for my poor, bored six year old to do. I am making lots of "if you'll just let Mommy nap in this chair, we will go swimming at the weekend" type promises. She'll probably have a pony before this is over (not really). I am so glad she's an easy kid. She's entertaining herself by writing and drawing and I don't have to worry that she'll Sharpie rainbows all over her room while I'm not looking.
Old 06-14-2012, 08:40 AM   #37  

How's everyone doing?
Old 06-14-2012, 11:42 AM   #38  
Started over 4/29/12

The last couple of days I'm finally out of the 270's. 267.6 this morning. That's 19.6 down since April 29th (287.2 then)and 22.4 down since Feb (I was 290 then)
I don't know if I will be posting much. I just don't feel I've gotten myself in with this site. Totally my fault.. It's hard for me to just jump in with a bunch of strangers and find my place with so many postings.. I could probably try harder but I really wish I could find a small group where I could really get to know the people.
I do wish all of you the very best!! You can do it!
time2loseit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 11:54 AM   #39  

Aww, don't disappear! This sight is, to me, huge. I will never ever be someone who is active in every forum and a well known regular or whatever. I have actually been around on and off since nearly the beginning (I've changed emails and forgotten MANY passwords and taken several six month long breaks. Sadly, I was 235 when I signed up all those years ago. OUCH! Maybe I should have taken fewer breaks?!?) and I don't feel like I'm in the in crowd. I don't know if there even is one. I get the feeling most people find their little spot and hang on tight. That's what I'm planning to do - I've scoped out a few board to check in regularly and I'm planing to stay active in this thread, but I don't ever see myself being all over the forum and "knowing" everyone. It would be a full time job! Feel free to PM me! You're doing SO WELL! I need someone to keep me inspired!

ALEKS, I'm hanging in, how are you? The worst of The Great Grot of '12 has passed and now we're all just hacking (lovely) but we're still here. I did NOT use being sick as an excuse to let myself off the hook (except for exercise, hacking and aerobic exercise are not friends, I know, I tried) so yay me.

I'm planning to do my official weigh in for the week on Monday so...if anyone has any suggestions for a health Father's Day dessert, I'd love to hear them. We're doing FD with my fam so I need something yummy but not EVIL.

How is everyone else?
Old 06-14-2012, 01:46 PM   #40  

Today is my first day. I weighed 288 this morning. I want to succeed this time. I have lost weight several times and I always end up right back between 285 and 295.
CurvyNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 02:49 PM   #41  

Time2LoseIt - I find it difficult to! However, I feel if I even post to myself here, it keeps me honest. I can talk to myself all day long. HOpe you stick around!

98DaysofSummer - I'm having a ROUGH time.. it's me vs. the granola bars!!! I've eaten 4 this week already!! My scale was up a pound this week. Now, I need to get myself back in the groove! argh! What's wrong with me..I made it through most of my period then the last couple days I want to eat granola bars!!! No more..that's it. I have my dinner all figured and good to go.

And you're right...you shouldn't be doing cardio while trying to get better! Your body needs rest so it can heal itself!! Ease back into it and don't beat yourself up!

I will post that lasagna recipe tonight for you and I'll find a Clean Eating dessert recipe for you. What does your husband like? I know mine doesn't eat fruit...except apples *eyeroll* he's picky.

CurvyNerd: Welcome!! I always sabotage myself at the lower end of each 10lbs!! I was sitting at 271 then sabotage sets in!Why?! One day at a time, one meal at a time, one breath at a time.
Old 06-14-2012, 09:22 PM   #42  

Hi CurvyNerd!

ALEKS, I love granola bars and granola in any form. I can not keep them in the house - MAYBE if I make them myself I can sometimes be a little more "protective" because I make an effort to buy good quality (e-hem, expensive) ingredients and I feel like I need to make them last as long as possible...or if I make a granola that's crumbly instead of a bar, I'll have it over yogurt and kind of mentally trick myself that it's JUST for yogurt and not for eating alone. And sometimes I have granola for breakfast, lunch, and dinner till it's gone. Ya win some, ya lose some.

Thanks for the lasagna recipe, I look forward to it.

My husband will try anything, but he far and away prefers sugary sugar with a side of sugar. And sugar on top. Nothing is too sweet for him. As we are spending the day with my parents, that won't do - my mother has recently found out she's diabetic and I don't want to send her into a coma. At the same time, I'm not feeding my kid anything with artificial sweetener. I found a grape salad on Pinterest that looks delicious to ME, but I don't know if it will fly with anyone else. I'm thinking of making two trifles, one with sugar and one with Splenda. At least I can fill them full of berries? That's a plus, right?

I have ended my past few days around my goal (I am for a high of 1800 and a low of 1500, I haven't gotten over 1600 this week so far) so I'm happy with that. I guess all that tea with honey adds up? I've also had lots and lots of soup. I am currently on the hunt for really good tortilla and french onion soup recipes I can freeze so next time I'm sick I won't have to bribe people to bring me things.
Old 06-15-2012, 10:11 AM   #43  

Have been weighing all week and planning to just count Mondays, to keep me honest through the weekend but it's been a rough week and I need a reward so I'm calling it - 280. I'm glad I kept my calories up with all that soup and tea because I would otherwise be worried about the bounce-back effect when I started eating again. For right now, I'm just going to be happy I'm almost in the 270s. 274 is kind of milestone number for me and I'll be glad to see the other side of it soon.
Old 06-15-2012, 09:48 PM   #44  
Building a Better Me

S/C/G: 310/*ticker*/250

Height: 5'3"

Hi everyone! I hope you don't mind another member I'm 280, and working hard to get down below 275 (which is my lowest weight in awhile...)
Jacque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 03:28 PM   #45  

Hi! I'm new, too! Welcome!

I just LITERALLY bumped into a friend from high school and she had no idea who I was. Yikes. She was a FRIEND friend so it wasn't like she wouldn't be glad to see me (or care that I have gained weight), I just couldn't bring myself to say oh hey, it's me under her. I realize the fat that I'm wearing a 140 pound fat suit, but it's ME under here. Ouch.

So that ought to be plenty of motivation to get me through the weekend.