Old 08-04-2011, 01:21 AM   #151  
LGW
#justfortoday

S/C/G: 270/ticker/170

Height: 5'

love2be: it's where they have Televisions on all the monitors, I guess you can watch a movie while working out and there is one place out here in Cali where they do the spin class with scenery and the bikes actually have the ability to sway as you hit the curves!

Last edited by LGW; 08-04-2011 at 01:21 AM.
LGW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 06:42 AM   #152  

S/C/G: 200/193/140

Height: 5'5

Good morning ladies. It's a very early one for me today. The new job is a global role and many of my colleagues are hours ahead of me, so my wee hours when they're getting ready to go home is when we typically speak to each other if need be. Today is one of those mornings!

I did weigh in, but 2lbs up at 204.3, albeit 2 hours earlier than usual. I also realized that when I picked up my thyroid refill on the weekend I didn't put it where I usually keep it, so I have been taking it on an irregular schedule. This is probably contributing to the strange gains this week. I must remember to move it when I get home. I'm sure I'll see a difference when it's back on track. BBL for personals, I promise this time. I've been skimming through and so many great things are happening!
Kukkie84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 06:44 AM   #153  
One Choice Smarter

S/C/G: 239.6/?/139

Height: 5'6

Morning all

And I need to say a special good morning to Ms. Whooosh! Thanks for showing up today! I came in at 203.4 ... ohmygosh, i'm sooo close.

Angie - hope your prayer to the weight loss gods brought you a great whoosh today

Diane - You should be so proud of yourself, this is such a difficult time and you are being so strong. I forget which lady said it, but whoever said we honor the memory of the one who passed by remaining on plan and not turning to food for comfort, well I absolutely agree with that.

I gotta get ready for work -- make a great day for yourself everyone!
FutureThoughts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 07:01 AM   #154  

Height: 5' 8"

Diana - I had to put my 15 y.o pup down on Sunday. She was such a good girl. It is hard and it will take time.

Angie - I was going to get a hair cut when I hit the 160's, yesterday I just decided I was not going to wait any longer and went and got it. I am happy that I did, I really like how it looks.

Rennie - Seriously impressed with your late night treadmill session. It takes a lot of motivation to jump on the treadmill at the end of the day.
My house seems to always need cleaning too. The kids are into everything and even though they clean up, I usually need to go over it again.

I have had a stressful few days, I am not sleeping well, and have had a horrible TOM this time around which has kept me from jogging. I am going to catch up with the house today and then I am back to my regular jogging routine tomorow. On the bright side, I do have a great new hair cut and a great family.

Last edited by envelope; 08-04-2011 at 07:20 AM.
envelope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 07:07 AM   #155  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone! Have a great one!

I mentioned last night that I had some fried seafood. I left room in my calories in case I was off in my calculations. (my calories look low) Well, I remembered last night/this morning that I also had a couple fried oysters. I didn't include those in the calculations. So, my calories are not correct. Oh well. It could be worse, right?

Calories for yesterday: 1390 + + fried oysters + anything else I might have forgotten

Weigh In: 142.2

Down: .2

Last edited by Diana3271; 08-04-2011 at 07:24 AM.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 07:21 AM   #156  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureThoughts View Post
Confession: I just watched a commercial for the "AbRocketTwister" and i want it! I'm such a sucker for marketing sometimes.
FutureThoughts My favorite workout program is Turbo Fire. It's a Beach Body Infomercial program. Mind you, I have had this program for over a year and do it every day. When I see the infomercial come on, I will sit and watch it. I get all excited and giddy and want to buy it again. Congrats on the whoosh!

Angie I hope you have a great weigh in this morning.

JamiSue I have heard of that book. As you read it, please share some tips/info.

Mandy Hi

LGW I really like daily tracking of my weight. Sometimes there are weigh ins that I don't like (like when I eat at the Soul Food restaurant or have an allergic reaction ). The good thing is when you remove those times, you can see trends and daily fluctuations. In fact, I credit the tracking to helping me with the sodium gain from TTOM. I used to gain 5-10 pounds during TTOM. Now it's only a couple pounds at most because I keep a close watch on things.

Love I'm glad you are enjoying the squash omelets. DH still thinks I'm crazy. I had to stop to get more zucchini last night. This morning will be a yellow squash omelet. Great job on the treadmill!

Kukkie Those thyroid meds make all the difference. Try to get back on track. How do you feel? When my meds are not correct, I feel awful.

Envelope Oh, I am so sorry about you losing your pup, too. It is very hard. We don't have any children, by choice, and Magnum was our baby. Hang in there.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 08:03 AM   #157  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana3271 View Post
Kukkie Those thyroid meds make all the difference. Try to get back on track. How do you feel? When my meds are not correct, I feel awful.
They really do! I have been a bit fatigued the past few days, but I truly thought it was just because I wasn't getting solid sleep. My neck and shoulders had been very still over the weekend and so sleeping was very painful until yesterday. I finally went to my RMT and had her relieve some of the tension. It wasn't until I think Jeri mentioned her blood pressure medication that it really clicked for me. I wasn't feeling too awful because I was still kind of taking it, but on a very irregular schedule which made me wonder if I had taken it or not, you know? Anyway, I've set an alarm in my BB so that when I get home, I'll remember to move it back to where I keep my coffee. I usually take it as I'm setting the coffeemaker - can't live without that so it's been pretty foolproof
Old 08-04-2011, 08:18 AM   #158  
made my dad a promise

S/C/G: 302/Ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

July 31 - 265.7
Goal for August 31 - 259

1: 267.9; 2: 267.9; 3: 266.6; 4: 267.3
ilbnej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 09:05 AM   #159  

Default Long overdue personals

Diana how awesome that you had a loss even with that fried food!

envelope sorry you're not sleeping well, I know the feeling! Usually when I'm having a horrible TOM, as much as I don't want to, the exercise helps me feel better. I'd love to see your new hair cut if you decide to share.

FutureThoughts hooray for whooshes! You are almost there, stay strong!

Rennie look at you, late night treadmill! That's fabulous, happy that you were able to squeeze it in there. My house is half the size of yours, no kids and I still feel like I'm always cleaning I know it drives you nuts, but I kind of agree with your mom about leaving it. My husband was sooo used to his mom picking up after him that it's become very frustrating for me to see him leave things around thinking it'll get picked up. And not because he expects me to clean up after him, but he's just so used to it. MIL always enjoyed doing things for her kids to, but she didn't encourage them to do it themselves, which drives me bonkers now

LGW we're happy to have you here and glad you're going to wait it out. It makes a difference! Cardiac theatres sounds cool

Mandy hey girlie! Why are you working a different shift this week? How's that ankle treating you?

JamiSue I started NROLW last year, but broke off when I moved and just haven't got back on it yet. But man oh man was I sore after the workouts! I loved it! I've been thinking about getting back on it, maybe we start it together and push each other when you've read through the book?

Ona you're in the 170s girl! Hot damn, rock it out What an amazing feeling to look in the mirror and reflect on how far you've come! Size 8 underwear, you go girl

kwigg nice whoosh!

Angie I'm excited to see your new do! Where do you get it done?

Roxy I had nooo idea that Breyers made a carb smart ice cream! I'll have to look for it next time I go grocery shopping. What is PB2?

Matilda nice loss for you yesterday! You go girl

VickieLou good luck with MIL's tests

Allison great whoosh for you!

Shylah congratulations hun! Exciting times ahead, good luck with breaking even Honestly though, don't even worry about the weight loss at this point. Enjoy your pregnancy!

Vixsin yay for TOM being gone! Cleaning is such an uber workout.

Aimee are you counting down the hours yet? Make sure that bf of yours drives so that you can catch up on your zzz's from all these work hours leading up to your vacation!

Where is Coondocks this month?

Wyllowbelle and ilbnej and anyone else I may have missed
Old 08-04-2011, 09:09 AM   #160  

S/C/G: 255/holding at 162/160

Height: 5'-7"

Have been MIA for a few days and this thread is impossible to keep up with! I had out of town company and we had a great visit, but I was not on line very much.

Diana and Envelope - I'm so sorry about your beloved dogs. You're in my thoughts.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Lin
linJber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 09:15 AM   #161  
LGW
#justfortoday

S/C/G: 270/ticker/170

Height: 5'

July 31 217.8

8/1 - no WI
8/2 - 218.2 (+0.4)
8/3 - 219.6 (+1.4)
8/4 - 220.2 (+0.6)...I see...never realized how much water retention is involved with TOM...I'm actually finding this quite interesting as opposed to discouraging...let's see how far this is going to go...I am going to just stay on plan and make sure this is all water weight...again....I shall wait this out....however, I am a little upset that this 220 is in my life again
8/5 - No WI - will be post-28h

OK....time to get going....going in for another 28h...I have B/L - something for dinner in case the cafe fails me...I do not leave until after breakfast tomorrow, so no WI for me tomorrow...weekend off...plan to do some leisurely walking....or rest...we'll see....

Have a great day everyone

Last edited by LGW; 08-04-2011 at 09:16 AM.
LGW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 09:55 AM   #162  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: Started SB 12/18/09 334/-/?

Height: 5'6"

Great accomplishment Diana being strong mentally in times of trouble/sadness is a great attribute shows what you're made off and you're solid with your new lifestyle thank you.

KuKKie,it has to be the meds cause you're always so solid.Thank you

Rennie,awesome job working out so late will pay off for sure.You guys are having a good time. thank you

Angie,enjoy your day.Go get those 5 lbs this month give it all you've got you can do it thank you

Future,look at you you too will be in onederland soon go get those 3 lbs I'm so excited for you and Angie ..beat that fat down thank you

Jami,the book sound interesting.we'd love to here anything you'd like to share.you're closer than you think you've shown that you're mentally strong a lot look at that ticker girlfriend thank you

LGW

Lin,good to see you hope you guys had a nice time.Have a great day too.

Ok..I'm down 1 lb to 178.6 guess i was more tired than i thought.And the thing about it is, i still feel like i could use some more rest had a good jog this morning and going to Spin @ 11am.When i wanted to drop weight rapidly i didn't.Now that, what the scale says isn't my top priority..I've lost in 2 days better just go with it and leave it alone.I'm thankful though.Oooh..I know what it is..the scale wants me to pay it some attention, get all excited about it again.I might

Envelope,ilbnej.Mandy,Kwigg,Allison,Wyllow

Last edited by OnaMi; 08-04-2011 at 10:11 AM.
OnaMi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 09:58 AM   #163  

Thank you everyone! I loved being pregnant the first time around, I hope the second time is just as fun.

LGW - what do you do that requires such a long shift? dear lord, I'd die!

Lin - glad to hear you had a great time with your company.

Kukkie - i had the hardest time remembering my thyroid meds too. the timer is a good idea, maybe set one every day

envelope - *hugs* hope TOM lets up soon. will we be seeing pics of this new hair cut?!

Future - nice whoosh!!

Rennie - treadmill at almost midnight? crazy woman, but good job! I'd fall asleep and get thrown off lol

Diana - I'm drooling about fried oysters now. lol

Ona - looks like you have the 170's under your control now. Love your attitude in regards to the mirrors. you ARE shaping up nicely!

Angie - you are so close to onederland! getting the hair cut early is a-ok, you deserve the treat. pics?

New people - you joined a great group here!

Anyone I missed, hi!

Last edited by ShylahEQ; 08-04-2011 at 10:20 AM.
ShylahEQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 10:03 AM   #164  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

Coon, I miss ya. Just throwing that out there.

I'm down .4 today to 185.6. I'll take it. I'm super sluggish today. Taking tomorrow off of work to finish up the cleaning. I'm dubbing it Unfinished Projects Day.

No time for personals, I have a LOT to get finished so I can have a work-free day tomorrow.

I'll check back at lunch!
Vixsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 10:31 AM   #165  
Strong is the new Pretty!

S/C/G: 245/ticker/1??

Height: 5'2"

I'm down a pound to 167.8. So ok body, I'm tired of 167 already, I want 166. It worked last time, right? I still haven't heard back from the nurse about my numbers yet, but they were better this morning, 71. The cat is doing better too, though we still don't know what is actually wrong.
for it to not be anything serious.

Kukkie - Thanks. I think I am going to put in another call today to see what is taking so long with the social worker. PB2 is powdered peanut butter that is only 50 calories per serving. I tried mixing it with water as the instructions say and didn't like that because the texture was funny, but I do like it mixed in other things.

Eclipse - Maybe you should set yourself a daily alarm? Blood pressure meds are not something you want to be forgetting, especially not when you are stressed out by heat and no AC.

Angie - That was pretty much my response when I chopped off over 13 inches and everyone in the salon was gasping and going "oh my god". It's just hair. If you are used to bangs then I think it's great and wanna see pics when it's done.

Ona - Oh my goodness, I somehow missed the 179 post until I saw Rennie mention it. Wow! Congrats! And now 178!!!! Have you told your mother? I am going to try the PB2 in one of my chocolate protein shakes to go after a reeses flavor and I might get some chocolate carb smart ice cream to put it in too. Resses is one junk food that I still miss.

Roxie - I somehow missed yours too. Big . Even though you aren't in a weight loss mode right now, please do pop in sometimes to let us know how you and the baby are doing.

Rennie - I got the regular PB2. I was going to get both, but the store where I was didn't have the chocolate so I will have to keep looking or order it online.

Diana - Timmy (the kitty) is doing better today. We still don't know what is causing his problems though. DH took his 'sample' to the vet for testing this morning, so hopefully we'll hear from them today.

Future - I tried one of those Ab Rocket things at a yard sale once. I didn't feel much in my abs, but it felt nice on my back, lol. Yay whoosh!

Jami - I am in the middle of New Rules too. Haven't gotten far enough in to really tell you much about it yet, but it hasn't ticked me off yet the way a lot of those type of books do.

Mandy - Your freak out before you remembered you'd had breakfast made me . Sorry about the out of the norm work shift.

LGW - TOM is an annoying bugger. Hang in there!

Envelope - I'm sorry about your pup.
FitGirlyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote