Old 08-02-2011, 07:07 AM   #76  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning!

Calories for yesterday: 1440 +
Weigh In: 143.2
No change

FutureThoughts How did it go at Applebee's? Did you see their meals that are under 550 calories? I love the Portabello Dijon Chicken meal. DH had the Island Shrimp and Rice meal the last time we were there. I like going to Applebee's because those meals make ordering easy for me. We won't talk about the sodium, though. Although, I have never had a reaction from ordering those meals.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 08:04 AM   #77  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

Good morning!! Wow, I honestly can't keep up with you all!! I'm a busy girl over here still, working, trying to pack, running errands, trying to see friends and family before I go. My July stats were decent, I ended up losing 5.1 pounds (even after my huge TOM gain!). And my goal in my mind is 5-10 pounds a month, knowing that 5 is realistic in the summer. So August goal? 5 pounds since I'm on vacation for just over 2 weeks! Which would take me to 257.6!

And I'm off to work (running 5 minutes late!) Have a great day!

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 08:13 AM   #78  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Height: 5'6"

Good morning! I'm down 1.8 this morning to 205.4 WHAT? Yes, I got off the scale walked to the other side of the room and came back again and got the same reading. I could have sworn that I was still retaining water this morning, but I guess not. Take that guess you couldn't handle the asparagus for lunch and lemon water yesterday, huh?

Wyllowbelle to this thread!

CutieCourt -- Welcome back!

FutureThoughts -- Congrats on your 1.4 today! I felt the same way about my weigh in this morning. Enjoy your evening out

Diana -- Good morning!

Aimee -- Congratulations on a great July! Have a good day at work.
Angie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 08:16 AM   #79  

S/C/G: 200/193/140

Height: 5'5

Wow, this thread is so active already! I'll have to catch up at lunch. But for now just reporting a 2.7 whoosh, down to 201.4. Looks like some of the holiday weekend gain is going away, yippee!
Kukkie84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 08:18 AM   #80  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Aimee Congrats on the 5.1 pounds!

Angie Woo Hoo! Great job on the 1.8 pounds!

Kukkie Congrats on that whoosh!
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 08:46 AM   #81  
Do or Do Not

S/C/G: 302/267/135

Height: 5'5

8-1: 255.0 TOM Day 1
8-2: 252.2 TOM Day 2

Last edited by CutieCourt; 08-02-2011 at 08:49 AM.
CutieCourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 09:09 AM   #82  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutieCourt View Post
8-1: 255.0 TOM Day 1
8-2: 252.2 TOM Day 2

Court!!!!! I've missed ya. Glad to see you.
Vixsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 09:10 AM   #83  
LGW
#justfortoday

S/C/G: 270/ticker/170

Height: 5'

Quick check in 218.2 (+0.4) from 217.8 on 7/31....I'll take it, 217.8 was a 1lb drop! so what's 0.4 amongst friends...I will try to leave personals this weekend!!!
LGW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 09:16 AM   #84  
Strong is the new Pretty!

S/C/G: 245/ticker/1??

Height: 5'2"

I am back down the .6 to 168.4 again. I am thinking that I may have to call my diabetes nurse and get my meds lowered or get off of them. I am getting some dangerously low numbers showing up at my morning fasting test, numbers in the 50s.

Rennie - I meant the regular bars, not the brownies. I don't like the peanut butter brownies very much either, though I do like the fudge ones. I do like the regular fiber one bars in peanut butter though, they are strongly peanut butter. I also want to get some of that powdered peanut butter that is so low cal and try mixing it in some plain greek yogurt. I have also discovered that if I use a low carb tortilla instead of bread I can make a PBJ (I use smucker's sugar free jelly) with much less peanut butter than a full 'serving' and still be satisfied. I am a peanut butter nut! Also, I forgot to answer you about lamb chops: I wrap mine in foil and cook them in the oven at 350 and they come out juicy and tender. I do the same thing with leg of lamb which is what we had for dinner last night with mint sauce made from the peppermint that is one of the few things that is actually growing well for us this year. Wow, that got long!

Vixsin - Your chicken broccoli slaw salad sounds super yummy. I may have to have that for lunch today. I like it with shrimp and a little bolthouse ranch dressing, OMG yumz!

Angie - Broccoli slaw is seriously versatile. I put it in stir fry too. Heaven! And you show that who the boss is!

LGW - I get mine in the produce section of my wal-mart or kroger.

Future - Congrats on the whoosh

Aimee - Congrats on your 5.1 for July.
FitGirlyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 09:31 AM   #85  
By God's Grace

S/C/G: 293/ticker/175

Hello ladies!

I'm still here, reading, but not tracking my weight daily anymore. I've gone to daily weighing but weekly tracking... it's better for my sanity and I don't take the daily fluctuations so hard. I still read here every day though, I just love you ladies!!

I have a question for you, actually. Do any of you find that you eat more (or WANT to eat more) on the days you work out than on the days you don't? When I have a good workout, my calories are always 200-300 higher than on the days I don't; I'm just stinking hungry... it's a drag. Yesterday I got in a good workout, burned about 550 calories and ended up "eating back" about 300 of them. I tried really hard not to eat, but I was legitimately hungry and getting irritated with my kids because I was hungry. I figured it was better to eat and not yell at my kids all day rather than stay under my regular calorie limit for the day. Just wondering if this happens to any of you. (The hunger, not the yelling at the kids )

Last edited by Gale02; 08-02-2011 at 09:31 AM.
Gale02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 09:33 AM   #86  
By God's Grace

S/C/G: 293/ticker/175

Court!! - I'm so glad to see you here! I've been thinking about you, wondering how you are.
Gale02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 09:52 AM   #87  
made my dad a promise

S/C/G: 302/Ticker/160

July 31 - 265.7
Goal for August 31 - 259

1: 267.9; 2: 267.9;

Things I learned (the hard way) yesterday:

1. A last minute change in plan required me to eat at Chik-fil-a for lunch yesterday - turns out, the medium cole slaw side at Chick-fil-a has 31g fat and 360 calories - more fat (22g) and almost as many calories (510) as the grilled chicken club sandwich I had with it - and, get this, more calories/fat than the small fries, and neck-and-neck with the medium fry. So much for the "healthy" choice. No sides at all next time for me.

2. Chik-fil-a has a really cool nutrition calculator, not just a hard-to-read chart, but actually one where choose what you ate and it adds it up for you, including condiments - just wish I had checked it out before heading to lunch!

3. I still managed to stay within calorie range and other nutritional targets, but yikes!
ilbnej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 09:53 AM   #88  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Good Morning Lovelies!!!!

So TOM's on his way out either today or tomorrow. Get to steppin' TOM!!!!!

Whoosh this morning down 1.2 to 186.6.

I am on plan today. Got everything logged into MFP. Thinking about supper tonight. I'm going for some baked chicken that I marinated in a new dressing. that it'll be good. OH!!!!!! Speaking of salad dressings, my health conscious friends. Marie's Yogurt Dressings - I bought the ranch flavor at my walmart on a whim because I'm always looking for new things that are healthy and yummy. I had high hopes for this one because it was creamy ranch. I really wanted it to taste good. BOY DID IT EVER!!!!!!!!!!! You guys, it's like real, full fat ranch dressing. Only it's not as salty. It is so ridiculously good. I'm going back and buying another bottle today because my first one is almost gone. I've used it almost everyday since I got it. Here's a link to it: http://www.maries.com/product-detail...utrition-facts The best part of this for me is that it has only 70 calories per serving. The sodium isn't horrible, it's far better than other dressings I've had in my fridge. It tastes just like regular ranch dressing.

Forgot to tell you that I made lower cal pigs in a blanket this weekend. Maxwell LOVED them!! I used Jennie-O turkey hot dogs (70 cals ea). I used regular crescent rolls that I got at Price Rite (100 cals ea) but I cut each of the rolls in half. So I used half a hot dog and half a crescent, rolled them up and baked them. 85 calories each. I was so proud of myself. Maxwell gobbled them up like they were going out of style. I think I need to start writing down all of my creations so I can keep track of them. LOL

Rox: That's my lunch today! I have the slaw almost everyday now for lunch. I just love it so much more than regular salad. I think it's because of all the purple cabbage in it. LOL Powdered PB is the wave of the future my healthy friend!!! I LOVE mine in a french vanilla greek yogurt. Here's where I got mine: http://www.lindasdietdelites.com/die...utter-121.html I bought the regular PB and the choc & PB. I'm a fiend when it comes to PB too. This stuff really helps! I've also mixed both of them in either plain oatmeal or cinn oatmeal. BIG Yum! BIIIIG!!!!

Gale: Hi! Good to see you! YES! I am usually really hungry after my workouts as well. It depends on when I do them. If I know I am going to work out after work, I make sure to have a snack about an hour before and make sure it's substantial for carbs and protein. I have supper after my workout and it would be something like 6oz of chicken breast or baked fish with a whole wheat wrap and 2 or 3 servings of a veggie. That way, it would feel like I am eating alot during the meal because of all the veggies. By the end of the meal, I would get "tired of eating" and then later on in the night if I wanted a snack it would be a plain greek yogurt with 1 splenda for 100 cals and lots and lots of crystal light if I was still feeling snacky. I don't try to eat back calories I've worked off. My theory is to keep my calories at a number that is reasonable for me and to create my calorie deficit primarily through exercise. Hope that helps.

Kukkie: Congrats on your whoosh!!!

Angie: Great job on YOUR whoosh too!!!!

Last edited by Vixsin; 08-02-2011 at 09:55 AM.
Vixsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 10:42 AM   #89  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: Started SB 12/18/09 334/-/?

everybody..

Up .6 to 180.8..I'm tired.had to run errands for Mother/Aunt yesterday and at the being of every month while try to handle my own business still jogged yesterday and pushed hard to get to Zumba last night Tried to get out of going cause i only had 20 minutes to get eat and get ready to be there..sigh.. but had promised a friend she could be my guest so i couldn't let her down.

Was so tired this morning could only walk,yes..just walk I mile things will be back to normal after the 4th.would like to go to spinning tonight,the mind is willing but..a person can only do so much in the run of a day..sigh..

Anyway..

Future,great job on the 1.4 enjoy your dinner tonight

Diana

Amiee,you did great in July have a wonderful time.

Go Angie go you're beating that fat down I'm so happy for you onederland here comes Angie

KuKKie,great whoosh

Court good to see you

Roxy,working that PX90 great job on the .6 my goodness..you'll be at goal in no time that inspirational tape is a little steep. but it still might be worth it, according to how long it is.Took Mother to the farmers market yesterday and thought about you found a vendor that had a tent over their stuff
oh..ithe gym changes class schedules because they take a survey of how many people are in each class every day.If there are less than 4or5 over a months evaluation then they get rid of it.Now this Month we have Zumba 5 nights a week

Rennie,hope you'll have a good food day

LCW,you know what? when you said.."you made turnip fries"..I had fought that turnip greens had that root and that's what you were making the fries out out so that might be great good after all now i might try some cause i love turnip greens.

Gale,great jog exercising and working this out little by little just excellent

Vixsin,great job on the 1.2!

Gonna take a nap before the drama begins

Last edited by OnaMi; 08-02-2011 at 10:52 AM.
OnaMi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 11:56 AM   #90  
Asses 2 Ash/Guts 2 Dust

S/C/G: 292/ticker/175

Height: 5'8"

April 2011 - Lost 2.2 lbs
May 2011 - Lost 10 lbs
June 2011 - Lost 6.7 lbs
July 2011 - Lost 6.2 lbs
August 2011 goal - 249.7 (-10 lbs)!!

July 31: 259.7
1: 259.9 (+0.2)
2: 258.6 (-1.3) TOTAL LOST 1.1

Whew! Finally the scale is moving in the right direction again. I feel like a whiner but last week was rough on me emotionally. I'm proud though, I remained focused and stayed the course, but also took a much needed day off from the numbers and I did feel decidedly better having done so. Relieved it's a new month and yes, I'm still hearing that whistle this morning!

That 40lbs lost mark has been taunting me for weeks now. I'm ready to take it down!

Future -- woo hoo! Excellent loss this morning! So sweet that you and DH go out to eat so you can talk.

Amy -- YAY for realistic goals. Life happens and it's important we adjust to accomodate.

Angie -- Yahoo! Great loss!! Glad you stuck it to that lil' joker!

Kukkie -- Tuesday must bee whoosh day! Congrats Kukkie. ONEderland is flirting with you again!

Court -- Nice whoosh for you too. And WITH TOM in town no less. Yeehaw!!

LGW -- GREAT attitude!

Roxy -- YES! Please talk to your doctor right away...those are VERY dangerous numbers! Great job getting rid of the pesky .6 too!

Gale -- I am definitely more hungry on workout days which means I feel ravenous almost everyday. I just try to eat a solid protein/fiber meal when I get to work and that tends to do the trick. I avoid eating my exercise calories whenever possible.

Jen -- Great lesson learned. I tell ya, that's one of the reasons I'm grateful for my smart phone. It's made a huge difference in being able to make healthy decisions on the go. I can find restaurants near, view their menus and nutritional facts and make decisions that will work for me with no stress. Sounds like you did the best you could and were rewarded with maintaining. YAY YOU!!

Vixsin -- So long TOMmy boy! Thanks for inside tip on the dressing. I'm a ranch freak and full "real" ranch, along with real mayonnaise, are two things I REFUSE to give up. Those pigs in a blanket sound great and I am definitely going to make some of those up. Have you tried the Hebrew National 97% Fat Free Beef Franks? I personally think they taste WAY better than turkey dogs and these are only 40 calories per dog! (they do have 140mg more of sodium though)

Ona -- You do sound quite tired my friend. The tone of your posts scream exhaustion. Take it easy okay?

Wyllowbelle --
JamiSue3916 is offline   Reply With Quote