Old 08-07-2011, 04:23 PM   #286  

S/C/G: 270/see ticker/170

Height: 5'3

Thanks for your info! That's exactly what I was looking for... a little information that can help me get on my way to googling. I'm going to do a little more exploring on the issue. When I first started I was just looking to cut down the calories... then the my fitness pal put numbers for protein automatically. I noticed that protein is the only area I ever go over (well, except calories on occasion).

There's so much to learn! I feel a little overwhelmed by it all but I'm sure I'll get a hang of it eventually.
kwigg619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 06:33 PM   #287  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by love2b150 View Post

Diana I've only gone there for breakfast is their lunch/dinner food good? Would you have preferred to go some place else?
Rennie I like Cracker Barrel and was glad that we went there. I do find that their food has a lot of sodium in it, though. I love the grilled roast beef that I had last night. That's normally what I order. DH ordered the grilled roast beef last night, too, and really liked it. That was a first for him.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 06:36 PM   #288  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Height: 5'6"

Diana -- Yes, I know Cracker Barrel, although it's been ages since I've eaten in one. Last time was at least 15 years ago on a cross border shopping trip and I don't think they had a low carb menu then...I think we ate ridiculously big baked potatoes at that time! It's so sad that I remember what I ate in a restaurant 15 years ago..lol.

Rennie -- TOM can stuff that .8, stick to your plan and you'll have such a nice whoosh when he's gone!

Jeri -- Congratulations on finally being normal! That sounds so odd :lol2:

Mandy -- Thanks for sharing the pic, you're looking great! I wish could see your dad's face better, I like to look for resemblences.

Court -- Way to go on your whoosh today! I love your enthusiasm right now

Kwigg -- I use an online program that tracks all my info too, but mine doesn't have a recommended number for protein. My plan is high protein, low fat/carb/sodium though, so I'd probably be over the regular amount too.
Angie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 06:40 PM   #289  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angie View Post
Diana -- Yes, I know Cracker Barrel, although it's been ages since I've eaten in one. Last time was at least 15 years ago on a cross border shopping trip and I don't think they had a low carb menu then...I think we ate ridiculously big baked potatoes at that time! It's so sad that I remember what I ate in a restaurant 15 years ago..lol.
Angie Hi I hope you had a nice day. It's sad that I totally understand about remembering the food.
There are restaurants that DH and I talk about still today, after 20 years.

Last edited by Diana3271; 08-07-2011 at 06:41 PM.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 07:00 PM   #290  
kon-fyoo-zed say it aloud

S/C/G: 300/Ticker/165

Height: 5'9"

here you go angie daddy, me, and then mom and dad.

Last edited by konfyoozed; 08-07-2011 at 07:04 PM.
konfyoozed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 07:24 PM   #291  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Height: 5'6"

Thanks Mandy! So, here's the thing, your mom and dad look a lot alike, plus the beard hides a lot of your dad's face, so it's hard to pick out a feature that better resembles one or the other..lol. But, I'd say you have your dad's eyes. Do people normally say you look more like one or the other of them?
Angie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 09:10 PM   #292  

i'm told frequently that i look like my mom by people who have never seen my daddy clean shaven... until they see pics of him from high school before he grew his beard. his whole family says i look exactly like him, and it's much more apparent if you cover up the lower part of my face heh. i inherited my dimples from him.

and my parents were mistaken for twins once...
Old 08-07-2011, 09:16 PM   #293  
Asses 2 Ash/Guts 2 Dust

S/C/G: 292/ticker/175

Height: 5'8"

April 2011 - Lost 2.2 lbs
May 2011 - Lost 10 lbs
June 2011 - Lost 6.7 lbs
July 2011 - Lost 6.2 lbs

July 31: 259.7
1: 259.9 (+0.2)
2: 258.6 (-1.3)
3: 257.3 (-1.3)
4: 257.7 (+0.4)
5: 258.2 (+0.4)
6: 259.3 (+1.1)
7: 258.4 (-0.9) TOTAL LOST 1.4

My son, mom, dad, cousin, cousin's girlfriend, and me all went to the drive-ins last night and saw Captain America and Transformers...both were EXCELLENT! We didn't get home until 2:30am! Yikes! My son and I ended up sleeping in until almost NOON today! I haven't slept in that late since high school I think. LOL!

My husband and lil' guy are gone fishing with grandma and grandpa so me and my oldest son just hung out today. We went to Whole Foods and sampled some new foods and bought some fun and new stuff. All in all, it's been a good day. I even saw a lil' drop on the scale again. YAY!

I even bought a new kitchen food scale yesterday so I could weigh my food. That's something that's been lacking as part of my program so far. I'm planning to go buy a bunch of chicken breasts tomorrow so I can get pounds and pounds, marinated and frozen so we can easily pull stuff out for dinner and so I can pull stuff out for snacks - because I realized that my typical diet is lacking in protein.

Anyway, enough from me. I hope everyone had a great OP weekend!

Angie -- I'm shouting at your scale from here. I think both of our scales are due for a good ol' fashioned time out!

Envelope -- Yay for whooshes!! And big congrats on getting into the 160's!

LGW -- Thanks! I'm hanging...albeit by my fingernails...but I'm hanging! Congrats on the huge numbers you've started throwing down!

Rennie -- I've never done Zumba toning before. It does sound tough, especially if you're already hurting, but it sounds pretty interesting too. How was your weekend? I keep forgetting to get lemons for my water. Dang it! HA! I was completely cracking up about you worrying about letting a poot slip through at Zumba! lol!

Mandy -- You look MAvelous dawling! I love the shrug. Where'd you get it?

Starbrite -- Wow! You really did amazing on your vacation! Just a 2.5 lb gain and that's likely all swelling from the traveling. Simply fantastic! And yes, like any other person with an addiction, we'll always have to be cautious with food but it sounds like you're living your new life with amazing finesse!

Diana -- Look at you. You're doing so amazing. I'm sure the gain was shocking but you've been back on track and are still within your maintenance range and you'll be back down where you're comfortable in know time!

Kwigg -- We've heard recently that lemon water can help with water retention. So, those of us that are prone to retaining water, drink it like CRAZY! I don't think the protein is too much to worry about but you probably just need to keep an eye on the protein/carb/fat ratios. They should be similar percentages unless you have diabetes - in which case you'd want fewer carbs for example.

Kukkie -- GREAT job!!

Lindy -- Congrats on seeing that loss this morning!

Jeri -- Congrats on making NORMAL!! That's freaking incredible!!

Court -- You are doing an amazing job this month!
JamiSue3916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 09:19 PM   #294  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Yep Mandy same as me, for our height. Full body photos are no longer a thing of your past. You look great Mandy I was gonna say you have your Dad's eyes, but then you have your Mom's eye's they do look alike. I hear that happens over the years ... twins wow

Cutie great job on the 2lbs down

kwigg MFP had me at 1430 calories per day then I did something and it changed it to 1420. I still haven't got the hang of things and but I often become a laxed in my eating and it shows.

StarGetsFit good job on the .2 down and thanks for the nutrition balance information.

Thanks Diana. When my friend comes to Virginia in early June she always wants to eat there but only for breakfast. Then she goes back to the base and works out like crazy.

Thanks Angie I sure hope so. I have had a horrible eating day. I mean horrible. I did have a great NSV though. I bought a blouse when we went to NC in May that I couldn't button. It was only $7 and really cute, bright yellow, short sleeve, button down the front. I wore that blouse today though one button did pull open at the breast but all of the other buttons stayed closed, yay ME

Well I don't know if I can even track my calories today. My eating was so random it's crazy and sad.
love2b150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 09:35 PM   #295  

jami - i got it at kohls on sale for 28 dollars i usually don't spend that much on a single item of clothing, but you can wear it so many ways and it's so thin and versatile i figured i could justify the expense

rennie- they were mistaken for twins 30 years ago! right after they got married heh they do have a lot of similar features.

here's a couple photos of myself and my brother to demonstrate:

and one from thanksgiving 2008

i think as i lose weight the similarity of our facial features will become more apparent, but he got more of mom's looks and i got more of dad's.

Last edited by konfyoozed; 08-07-2011 at 09:36 PM.
Old 08-07-2011, 09:44 PM   #296  

and now back on topic...

i forgot to post my weigh in today... it was 249.1, up .4 from yesterday but that's easily explained by water retention from all the alcohol i drank. i'm probably gonna see another up tomorrow cause we had lunch out at a deli today and i TRIED to eat something healthy, but everything there was HUGE... i got a grilled chicken sandwich with marinara sauce and melted provolone... i ate half of it, a handful of fries and 2 large glasses of water.

i came home and have had 2L of water since dinner as well as 90 minutes with my 'bike'.... so i'm HOPING i minimized the damage of my horrible food choices this weekend. pizza, booze, applebees, deli food... yikes!
Old 08-07-2011, 09:50 PM   #297  
~Rennie

Ladies here are my stats for the day ... I had the kids help me remember all of the crap I ate (shaking my big obviously empty head)

Today's Totals ----- 2,214....... 340..........72......59......2,595........16
Your Daily Goal---- 1,420....... 195.......... 47......53......2,500........16
Overage ----------- -794.........-145..........-25 .....-6.........-95..........0
................-------- Calories.... Carbs.......Fat....Protein..Sodium.....Fiber

Last edited by love2b150; 08-07-2011 at 10:03 PM.
Old 08-07-2011, 09:57 PM   #298  
~Rennie

Mandy you have a nice looking family, and of course lots of similarities Same eyes, same smile
Old 08-07-2011, 10:15 PM   #299  

S/C/G: 270/see ticker/170

For me, the hardest part of this journey has been when I go to a restaurant and I just don't want the things I have space in my plan for. Like, I would rather not eat and wait until I get home than have what my options are for a decent calorie meal.

For example, tonight I went to Sonny's with friends (and husband) and I just couldn't force myself to eat a turkey sandwich on a bun with no mayo and veggies. I just couldn't do it. So, I decided on salad bar and of course I had to have the ranch dressing. It just wouldn't be satisfying otherwise and I wouldn't have eaten it. *Sigh* I just keep reminding myself that just one meal on one day a week (Sundays are the difficult day for me because we go to a friend's for lunch and then out for dinner) isn't going to make me gain...

Anyway, anyone else feel my pain?
kwigg619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 10:37 PM   #300  
LGW
#justfortoday

S/C/G: 270/ticker/170

Height: 5'

kwigg: I'm not sure what program you are following, but my plan allows me to eat out without fear...salad, protein, veggie...simple I will admit that the first time I tried this particular plan I suffered because I was focused on the food and not the food groups; however, after spending time with my cousin/BFF and watching her eat out it became a breeze! I had Chilis today for example (she happens to be in town right now)...I had the margarita chicken/shrimp (protein), double brocolli (veggie) - hold the mashed potatoes and a diet coke...she had a salad (yeah I missed that part), margarita chicken/beans (protein), brocolli (veggie) and a diet coke...no deserts...satisfied......no stress.....so find a plan that works for you... My cousin has lost over 100lbs and looks fantastic....I've lost 21.2 as you can see on my ticker....slow...steady...loss

Last edited by LGW; 08-07-2011 at 10:39 PM.
LGW is offline   Reply With Quote