Old 08-15-2011, 05:28 PM   #1  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

Default Omega 3 question

wondering if anyone takes DHA Omega-3 supplements, and if so, which brand? Does it taste fishy in any way??

thanks
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 06:48 PM   #2  
Shooting Star

S/C/G: 261.2/245.8/199

Height: 5'7.5"

I do! I take the Trader Joe's brand, the orderless burp-less kind. They have another kind DON'T GET THOSE or you'll be burping up fish alllllllllll day.:

So, yeah, make sure you get the orderless/burp-less kind. I also supplement my supplement with flaxseeds. I get Bob's Red Mill Organic Raw Flaxseed and try to get a 1/2tbsp to 1 tablespoon of them a day. I crush them in a mortar when I'm feeling energetic or with the flat of my chefs knife if I'm not, then I just add them to whatever I'm making: oatmeal, salads, flour I dredge baked chicken in, soups, pasta sauces. They taste somewhat like sesame seeds. You don't have to crush them, but you'll absorb more Omega-3s from them if you do. While Flax is ALA and not DHA, your body does convert it to DHA. Plus Flaxseed has lots of other benefits, so I figure 2 sources are better than one.
StarGetsFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 07:03 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 230/210/150

Height: 5'1"

I get the strawberry flavored ones from Vitacost and keep them n the fridge. Hardly ever burp them, but when I do, it smells like fruit.
Ursula745 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 11:06 AM   #4  
Strong is the new Pretty!

S/C/G: 245/ticker/1??

Height: 5'2"

I get orange flavored chews from GNC. I can't take the regular ones, they make me gag. The ones from GNC are expensive, but for me it's worth it since I can't take the regular ones at all. They are $20 for 50 of them and each one has 120mg Omega3. They taste a bit like orange starburst, but the texture is different. They are sugar free and each one is 20 calories.

Ursula - I am interested in this strawberry thing, where do you get those?
FitGirlyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 11:13 AM   #5  
By God's Grace

S/C/G: 293/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

I have a bunch of these left over from my recent pregnancies so I take them: http://tinyurl.com/4yhbmf7

They each have 200mg of non-fish DHA.

Last edited by Gale02; 08-16-2011 at 11:14 AM.
Gale02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 11:53 AM   #6  
Asses 2 Ash/Guts 2 Dust

S/C/G: 292/ticker/175

Height: 5'8"

I buy either Walmart (Equate) or Winco generic (QC something). They don't usually taste fishy but every now and then...the pills make me burp. And when that happens, it's usually a not great but not terribly awful fishy type taste. That's only happened twice in the four months I've been taking them so I just keep gum with me...just in case. But I still haven't figured out why it's happening...
JamiSue3916 is offline   Reply With Quote