YOU: On a Diet - and other Oprah inspired diets Includes Dr Phil, Bob Greene, and YOU: On a Diet

Closed Thread

Old 12-21-2006, 10:23 AM   #46  
Zen master

S/C/G: 283/265/210

Height: 6'5"

Thanks Jennifer.. you are a goddess
Old 12-21-2006, 10:59 AM   #47  

Jourdain, I notice you have quite a bit to lose...I lost 200+ pounds so I can tell you that i had to lose 50 pounds before anyone noticed and the only way I looked different to myself was to look at a photograph. That forced my brain to see me as I was. Even now when I look in a mirror I see myself as larger than I am. Be sure to take your measurements. They will change even though the scale doesn't go down. Also, how lose were your clothes when you started? Mine were stretched a bit so I had to lose a lot before that first size change.

You've made a great start - keep up the good work and keep posting here!
Old 12-21-2006, 04:27 PM   #48  
I believe in myself

S/C/G: 257/200/160

Height: 5'8

Smile

Hi everyone. I'm so glad that someone started the You thread. I've been reading the book,I'm about half way through it. I was hoping coming back to 3FC that there would be others following this way of eating. I also taped Dr. Roizen's PBS special but haven't had the time to sit down and watch it, it's 2hrs. I'm thinking I can finish reading the book this weekend and get started on it Monday. A Christmas present to myself. I look forward to getting to know all of you.
Old 12-21-2006, 04:32 PM   #49  
On A Mission

S/C/G: 250/ticker/140

Height: 5ft 3in

hey all, I'm working on reading the book and making the first changes to my life. I did my waist measurement both sucking in and not sucking in my muscles, since the book says one way and the docs said the other on the show ~shrug~ Either way, it's not a pretty number. We are back to eating whole wheat bread only, no immitation wheat. fifty cents more is nothing compared to cutting our lives short. We're also weaning ourselves off our weekly night out/date night at steak and shake and family lunch at pizza hut or mc'ds. I have a horrid sinus infection but once it's cleared away I'll be going back to the gym.
Old 12-23-2006, 09:46 PM   #50  

hi all! how is everyone doing on the diet? for me not so good now that the holidays are here ..but will kick butt at it after the holidays! xoox Red
Old 12-25-2006, 06:22 PM   #51  
On A Mission

S/C/G: 250/ticker/140

Height: 5ft 3in

counting the days til we start. got delayed by an unexpected bill {wholesale club is MUCH cheaper on produce than the local stores}
Old 12-26-2006, 09:29 PM   #52  
WW Moderator

Do you have any local farmers markets? You can get produce cheap there too, even when the veggies aren't exactly in season locally. Our local market has farmers that go to farmer 'meet ups' (I'm not sure what you call them, that is my made up word) and buy/sell from each other, and then bring back to the local markets.

But back to Sams - they have great prices on portobello mushrooms and red peppers. I usually pay less than half of what I pay at Krogers.
Old 12-27-2006, 10:31 AM   #53  
Setting the example

S/C/G: 179/160/132

Height: 5'4"

Hello, I am new to the site and the thread. My name is Heather (H) and I have 4 kids (2 boys and 2 girls) 9 years old and younger. I am 31 (shhh that is a secret) and am NOT happy with what I have let myself do to my body.

This book is on my things to buy list for this week and I am so happy to have found you and your thread!

Thank you for letting me lurk yesterday and read about your successes and struggles with the YOU plan. I am excited to sit down and start reading. Mostly I am excited to learn and put what I have learned to use.

Here's to a skinnier, healthier YOU (me *grin*)
Old 12-27-2006, 01:29 PM   #54  
Callie

S/C/G: 212/194.6/105

Height: 5'1"

Hello everyone!

After major poor eating decisions over the holidays, I decided to treat myself to a little common sense and bought this book.

I read it yesterday and really liked what I saw. Wasn't at all the this is a calorie sort of "read that, done that, got the T-shirt" sort of thing I expected. I learned lots inculding some things I would really rather not know! But ah, well.

I'm going to do the 14-day eating plan after New Year's, but I've already started following the general eating guidelines. As soon as I shake the last lingering icks from a killer cold I've had, I'll start in on the exercise plan, too!
Old 12-27-2006, 02:50 PM   #55  
one day at a time

S/C/G: 165/142/123

Height: 5'3"

Hey! I got the YOU on a diet book today and i have kind of skimmed through it. Im going to read it this week and then i plan on doing the diet. So far it seems simple enough so i guess we'll just have to wait and see how i do!
Happy New Years everyone!
Old 12-27-2006, 04:44 PM   #56  
Ria

S/C/G: 220

Height: 5'5

Hi guys, I just got the book and would love to join you guys, I figured by the 1st I should have read it . I have 50 lbs I would love to get rid off not just for look's but health reasons.
Old 12-27-2006, 06:55 PM   #57  
WW Moderator

Hello, and to all of you new YOU chicks! This diet requires a little bit of effort, but it is so worth it!

Does everybody have a plan of what they will do when the munchies strike? The first couple of days are the hardest - get a game plan to push through that!
Old 12-27-2006, 09:26 PM   #58  
Setting the example

Thanks Jennifer.

I lost 36 lbs 2 years ago on the SBD then as if I was a walking billboard that said "take me now" I quickly became preggo with child number 4. I am now sitting at the exact same weight I was when I started the SBD.

When I had snack attacks with SB I usually went for a couple of pistachio's or a cheese stick.

I bought the book tonight and read the first 10-12 pages so I still have LOTS more to read. I did peek a sneak at pt 4 (just like the book said I would) and was THRILLED I could have my Kashi cereal for breakfast! What a RELIEF! That was the one part that really made me not even want to start the SBD again. Eggs, eggs and more eggs....blah!

My biggest obstacle is my family! 4 kids 9,8, 5 &16 months, a wonderful hubby, and a mother-in-law, all eating dinner together every night.
Have you had any complaints about the new foods?
Old 12-27-2006, 11:10 PM   #59  

Hi everyone. I am on board with this book and plan after a really bad couple of years of weight gain and disappoinment. I am going to spend the next day or so reading the book and getting my mind wrapped around it, and I look forward to checking in here with all of you for tips, encouragement, etc! I need to buy a tape measure so I can take my baseline waist reading (and I know it will NOT be pretty).
Old 12-28-2006, 07:46 AM   #60  
Setting the example

So how hard was it for everyone to go through the fridge and pantry and toss stuff out? DH is having issues with me throwing away food already paid for. But in the same sentence he asked when WE would be starting the new plan. I guess he is on board, well maybe 80% ( he hates wasting money almost as much as he hates being overweight)

H
Closed Thread