Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2006, 10:06 AM   #136  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

I'm still having the "after-shocks" of my migraine but hopefully it will be gone today. My sister gets the worst migraines all the time and I told her what was happening and she says that happens to her all the time too. She gets them so bad that her arm goes numb and she literally can't talk or think. It's almost like watching someone have a stroke. The neurologist says that she doesn't have typical migraines. We have a very long line of people in our family with migraines and alot who have died from strokes.

Well on to the day. I did get some exercise in last night but not as much as usual. I had an upset tummy and got sick and had to leave. Bummer

Off to work....
chris
Old 07-20-2006, 11:12 PM   #137  

S/C/G: 187/187/145

Height: 5'03

Hello everyone!!! Today I had a 20 pt. day. I rode my stationary bike 10 miles and chased my preschool kids all day. I will probably have some watermelon in a few. Everyone have a good night!!
Old 07-22-2006, 12:52 AM   #138  

Go Pace!!!
You are doing great!
I am so upset, my computer monitor has just decided it wants to kick the bucket a few days ago!! Now I have to get on my hubby's lap top!! So now I have to wait until he gets off!
So anyway, I will be back I promise!! I have to keep this going!!!

PACE- what a cute puppy!!!!

THANKS, on the pickle advice I love pickles. I will give it a try!!!
Later,
Amy
Old 07-22-2006, 08:42 PM   #139  

Hey everyone!!! I didn't track yesterday. Busy!! I did have another 20 pt day. I rode my stationary bike 10 miles and I worked hard chasing kids at work. (I work teaching preschool/2 year olds!)It is a workout!! I will go ahead and post for today too. breakfast-watermelon/banana=2 pts Lunch-smartone and grilled chicken sandwich on light bun/sugarfree klondikebar=10 pts dinner-1 piece of pizza/10 baby carrots=5 pts. So far I have had 17 pts. I will at least use 3-5 more pts. I have not exercised yet. I will try to ride my stationary bike at least 10 miles if I have time. Today we got an ionic breeze air purifier. It seems to really help lots. I have really bad allergies all the sudden, I think it is because of all the dust and my doggies too. I will talk to you all tomorrow. I will be back to let u all know if I did my exercise in a bit. See ya.
Old 07-23-2006, 11:52 AM   #140  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

HI Paula.....ohhhh, an ionic breeze purifier!!! Tell me how you like it. I also have serious seasonal allergies. Apparently.....(with my recent test) I am allergic to 3 out of the 4 seasons and allergic to everything outside!!! My allergist suggested I even clean the house wearing goggles and a surgical mask!!! nice eh? hehe.....NOT!!! Even when the neighbours are cutting their grass, within a few minutes I can feel it if I go outside. **sigh** luckily the meds she gave me help tremendously.

Just waiting for dh and ds to get home from camping. It was a boy scout over nighter, with archery, bb guns, canoeing events. Hopefully it wasn't too hot for them in the tent....hehe I've done the laundry, and cleaning....
Yesterday I picked up a few things on sale. Not sure if I mentioned this, but in the near future I hope to be looking for a job. Its a great time to be buying since lots are on sale right now and the new fall clothes are coming in. It feels really great to be wearing smaller sizes !!!! And in 2 weeks, we are leaving to go home to Canada to see our family!!!! Hope everyone is having a great weekend so far.
Old 07-23-2006, 03:55 PM   #141  

ANGEL- I cant wait to buy smaller sizes!! hopefully by this fall I will be able to!

Hope all is doing well!!
I am going to be bad tonight doing happy hour w/ old high school buds!
We hardly ever get together and still live in the same area!! we are all just soooo busy, and after having kids, who has time!

pace- have you lost any weight or not changed you tracker?? As much as your doing working out and all it should be dropping off like crazy!!
maybe I missed it, if it is!!!! You are doing so good!

Later,
Amy
Old 07-23-2006, 10:57 PM   #142  

Hey everyone!!! Angel eyes, last night I used the ionic air thing and I think it is gonna help alot. I have allergies, but not as bad as you. Bless your heart. What type of work are you going to try to get, angel? Today I tried on some old jeans of mine and they were so big!! Amy, you would think I would be losing lots, but, I weighed yesterday and I weighed 174. So I must be losing inches. I try not to focus lots on the scale. I just go by how my clothes fit. I know I have went from a 14 to a 12. I bought new capris the other day. I know when I did ww before I used to get so discouraged because I didn't think I was losing fast enough, this time I have a whole new mindset. This is a total lifestyle change. It is a forever thing. I will never be able to eat whatever I want again. I can, but I have to have smaller portions. When I used to diet before, I looked at it like it was temporary. I have found that ww is a doable thing and I don't feel deprived. I also pray. I pray lots. I believe I reached this point because of God. Anyways, I guess I ended up going off on a tangent!!! Sorry all. I hope everyone has a great week. I will talk to you guys tomorrow. Gotta go and get ready for Monday!!!!
Old 07-24-2006, 11:59 AM   #143  

S/C/G: 257/246/155

Height: 5'6"

Hi Everyone,

Well, I lost another pound and a half! I could be doing better with the exercise, but it is so stinkin' hot. 113 yesterday When I get up it is already 90+ degrees!

When it's so miserable it is hard to cook dinner! I'm thinking it will be salad time!

Have a great day!

Kelley
Old 07-24-2006, 08:22 PM   #144  

Hey everyone!! Kelley, good job. You should be very proud of your progress. The exercise will come, I wouldn't worry about that. It is hot. I live in Florida and it has been beastly here. Here goes for me.... Breakfast-dry cereal/banana/yogurt=4 pts. lunch-lean cuisine/baby carrots/apple=6 pts. dinner-lean cuisine/veg. stirfry=6 pts. So far I have had 16 pts. I will probably use 5 or 6 more points. I rode my stationary bike 15 miles. Thats all folks. Have a great night!!
Old 07-25-2006, 11:35 AM   #145  
Focus on the Process

Angel-I have severe allergies too. I've been having a heck of time lately. I wake up in the middle of the night unable to breathe..not out of my nose but in my chest. ANd I've had a sinus headache, dizziness, lightheadedness and all the other junk for the last 2 weeks solid. Doesn't seem like allergy pills are doing the trick. When I got tested, the only thing I wasn't allergic to was bird feathers. I have really bad bad allergies to wheat, trees, mold, grass, and yeast. Those things make my chest tighten up so fast. My worst seasons seem to be winter and summer.

Oh well! Paula, you look like your doing awesome. I can't wait to be in ONEderland!

Kelley-Way to go girl! You're doing great!

Amy-Hey how was your evening with your high school peeps???? I don't think I would have behaved either. Hope you had a good time.

Back to the housework! My back is itching something fierce. I need to find a a child with long finger nails to scratch it....nothing worse than a healing sunburn!

chris
Old 07-25-2006, 12:07 PM   #146  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

Hi Chrily....oh poor you!! Yup those allergies are killer at this time of year. I am rated high on (gotta minute?... )thistle, plantain,goldenrod,ragweed, lamb quarter, pigweed, ash, cotton wood, sweet gum, walnut, box elder, birch, hickory and all mixed grass and about 5 types of mold. GREAT HUH?......oh yeah, modereate reactions to dust, cats and dogs. DOUBLE GREAT!!! Ask your doctor about singulair chewable tablets. They are supposed to be for asthma, but my dr. has found a high success rate with allergy sufferers. They are a 5mg tablet (I take 2 per day) and they need to be chewed to mix in with your saliva. They might work for you since you experience the tightening of the chest symptoms. I used to experience (knock wood) extremely severe eye itchiness, swollen eyes, sneezing, headaches and a tickle nagging cough. Now? after 4 months, hardly anything!!! As for your yeast allergies, have you ever tried making your own bread with spelt flour? I did a stint without yeast/white flour a few years ago, and made this type of applesauce spelt loaf. It wasn't that bad. My MIL has a TON of allergies, I'm the queen of label reading.....

queenteacher.....woohooo!!! great job on the weight loss. btw, when do you return for the start of the school year? My youngest ds went back last week. We're having a hard time in the mornings getting him back to school mornings. Today I got him out of bed with the promise of waffles!!! I know, I know....bad mom. But it worked!! Usually he has his fave cereal, Raisin Bran so occasionally waffles aren't so bad.
Old 07-25-2006, 12:15 PM   #147  
Focus on the Process

Angel-My daughter takes singular too. She's been on it for several years now for her asthma but I have noticed a big increase in her allergy symptoms if she doesn't take it for a while. I've caught her doing that... Cottonwoods are the worst around here. There is so much cotton flying, it looks like snow in alot of parts of town. For grasses, my worst one is this stuff called crested wheat grass. That tightens me up so fast. The thing I hate the most is getting dizzy and I have gotten so light headed at times I feel like I'll pass out. I panic and get scared to deth with the breathing thing though. There is just something about not being able to catch your breath, I guess. Molds make me just totally dizzy. When I get around mold, the floor feels like its tilted, my eyes won't focus right and I have to hold on to a wall to keep from falling over. It's nice to find a fellow sufferer. My hubby doesn't really understand what it feels like all the time and I don't know if he ever will.

chris
Old 07-25-2006, 02:16 PM   #148  

S/C/G: 257/246/155

Height: 5'6"

Chris,
I hear you on that sunburn! I went to the beach last week. I remembered sunscreen but not a hat so my scalp is peeling! It itches so bad!
Angel,
I go back to school next week! I'm trying to work on going to bed at a decent hour now because I've been going at about 12 while I've been on vacation. That definately won't work when I'm back at school.

I got up early and did Turbo Jam today. I feel so much better after I exercise. I really need to just give up the excuses and get up and do it everyday.

I also have horrible allergies! I take a medicine called Amdry-C and a nasal spray called Nasalcort. It has made a huge difference! I couldn't sleep I would have such a hard time breathing. Stay on your Dr. until he finds the right meds for you. It took a while to find what worked for me!

Paula you are my inspiration for exercise! You ride your bike daily with no excuses. My goal is to get there with the exercise.
Have a good day!

Kelley
Old 07-25-2006, 02:28 PM   #149  
Focus on the Process

Kelley-Are you a teacher or a student? Okay, and while I'm being nosy...what is turbo jam? Okay..think that's it for now....lol.

Still busy doing stuff around the house. I haven't even started the laundry yet. My bad! I cleaned out hubby's work van, worked on the kitchen, spiffed up the living room and cleaned out the carport. I think this afternoon,, I'll kick back in front of the tv with a basket or two full of clothes and fold. Sounds like so much fun, huh????

Chris
Old 07-25-2006, 09:19 PM   #150  

Hey everyone, I am dragging today!!! I have to make it short because the bed is calling me. I had a 23 pt day and rode my exercise bike 16 miles. I will talk to you guys tomorrow. soooooo sleepy!!! Night night.
Closed Thread