Closed Thread

Old 06-24-2006, 09:54 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 187/187/145

Height: 5'03

No secrets really. I just follow ww plan. I try to stay motivated by others success stories. I exercise. I have a stationary bike and I walk. I have lost and gained all of my life and I finally had to realize that this time it is a lifestyle change. I feel better trying to be healthy. I just want to be healthy. WW is the best thing I have ever done as far as a "diet plan" because it really isn't like a diet. This website was a life saver too. I spent a lot of time reading everyones posts and etc. and it has been an encouragement as well. For along time I guess I thought that I should lose my weight very quick, but I had to get real. It takes time. I usually eat for breakfast 3/4 cup oat bran without milk and maybe a light yogurt. Sometimes I have 2 pks of instant oatmeal. For lunch I usually have a salad with crab meat or tuna with fat free dressing. Sometimes I have a 3 pt smart one. I keep cucumbers sliced up in the fridge. And lots of baby carrots. For dinner I usually have a smart one meal and I have lots of veggies with it. For a treat I like to get a vanilla cone from mcdonalds only 3 points. I also like mini chewy sweet tarts only 4 points for a bag. I do not like those boca burgers though. I thought wow I could have a burger and it is only 1 point for the pattie and I used some light bread only 1 pt for 2 pieces. But I have to say it was pretty nasty. I hardly have red meat at all. Someone told me that red meat makes you retain water. So I pretty much cut that out. I eat it in lasagna or spaghetti, but that is rarely. Thats all I can think of right now. Oh yeah, I eat fruit alot too. I hope this helped. Talk to ya soon
Old 06-25-2006, 12:20 AM   #32  

Welcome Pacemom & Jakers!!!
Glad to have you!!
We need all the help we can get, keeping motivated, cheering each other on!
Amy
Old 06-26-2006, 10:53 AM   #33  

This weekend didnt go so well for me. I guess back on the horse today.

so far english muffin and a banana 3/3

going to snack on some crackers 1/4

Lunch a WW turkey and potatoes 4/8
watermelon 1/9

Chex mix for snack this afternoon 3/12

WATER WATER WATER
Old 06-26-2006, 12:22 PM   #34  
1dayatatime(on LAWL)

S/C/G: 262/182/160

Good morning ladies!

Happy Monday to you all!!Glad its monday, weekends are always harder for me.

So far today I had 2 toast/w sf jelly and a banana=3 pts, Watermelon for my snack=2pts, ,lunch I am having soup/w crackers=3pts

I get alot more hungry in the evening!! Does anyone else have this problem?? I think I am going to try to leave myself a littl more points for the evening hours.

Also, I find soup a really great thing!1 It fills you up and you dont get alot of points.So far I have made the taco soup(with meat and without).My reciepe says 2 pts for 1 cup and that with the meat.Well when I made it this weekend I made it without meat and added all the calories and fat and fiber for everything.It had 9 cups toatal and it figured up to be 3 pts per cup????So I am thinking the recipe has the points thing wrong.I am figureing its 3 pts/no meat and 4 pts/with meat.What do you all think??? I also made a 1 pt veggie soup.(i made this soup but went back and checked all the nutrient info and it adds up to 2 pts a cup,)OK am I doing something wrong when I figured the point value up?? I just add all the calories,fat,fiber of everything I use then divide it by the number of servings, Then figure out the point value on my slider......

Anybody like to share any of their good soup recipes????

Last edited by angelica1674; 06-26-2006 at 03:22 PM.
Old 06-26-2006, 02:26 PM   #35  
Beauty School Dropout

Yum! soup is amazing. this one if definately my fave.

No POINTS Vegetable Soup

Recipes
No POINTS® Vegetable Soup

Core Recipe
Servings | 12
Preparation Time | 50 min
Cooking Time | 13 min
Level of Difficulty | Easy

Ingredients

2 medium garlic clove(s), minced
1 medium onion(s), diced
2 medium carrot(s), diced
1 medium sweet red pepper(s), diced
1 medium stalk celery, diced
2 small zucchini, diced
2 cup green cabbage, shredded
2 cup Swiss chard, chopped
2 cup cauliflower, small florets
2 cup broccoli, small florets
2 tsp thyme, fresh, chopped
6 cup vegetable broth
2 Tbsp parsley, or chives, fresh, chopped
1/2 tsp table salt, or to taste
1/4 tsp black pepper, or to taste
2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice, optional

Put garlic, vegetables, thyme and broth into a large soup pot. Cover and bring to a boil over high heat; reduce heat to low and simmer 10 minutes.

Stir in parsley or chives; season to taste with salt, pepper and lemon juice. Yields about 1 cup per serving.
Old 06-26-2006, 06:26 PM   #36  

I love soup, What I am wondering is how long can you eat it if just stored in fridge??? Like with the just veggie type?
If meat I will maybe do like 2 days or something?
I am not big on the whole freezing thing!!
Let me know what ya'll think!! (or know!!)
WARNING: TUESDAY WEIGH IN!!!!
Later,
Amy
Old 06-26-2006, 08:58 PM   #37  

I was sooooo bad this weekend. Had family come in and that was it for me! Hopefully I can get back on track...I feel so guilty!
Old 06-27-2006, 12:10 AM   #38  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Well I ended the day today with 1/2 pt remaining and 6 activity points banked. A first for me in a long time.

No soup recipes here but I did copy down the one a few postings back so I can try it but what the heck is swiss chard????

Chris
Old 06-27-2006, 12:20 AM   #39  

Hello everyone, I forgot to post yesterday!! I jump around so much. I forget about all the places I have left posts. Sorry. I did stay within my points yesterday. Today: breakfast-oatbran & watermelon 5 pts. lunch- light mozarella cheese stick-1 pt. cucumbers-0 pts. and an orange 1 pt. dinner- chicken enchilada tv dinner 7 pts, cauliflower 0 pts snack-watermelon 1 pt. and a banana fudge pop -1 pt. I will probably have something else to eat tonight. I am allowed 24 pts. but I just have not been so hungry today. Somedays 24 is not enough and other days it is too many!!! total 17 pts, but I will probably eat again!! I also rode my bike for 40 min. around my neighborhood. Hope everyone had a great day. Everyone have an awesome tomorrow.
Old 06-27-2006, 12:22 AM   #40  

you did great chris!!!! Keep up the good work!!!! What did you end up doing for exercise?
Old 06-27-2006, 07:50 AM   #41  

Hello ladies,
I lost 2# this week....not because I was compliant, because I wasn't. My MO is plan and prepare, stay within my points and then blow it on the way home from work or before I go to bed. Will climb back on the wagon today.
I'm not going to stress myself out right now with exercising.....I think if I can get a few more #'s lost I'll be more motivated to get out to the shop and do it. My husband bought me one of those mini tramps yesterday.
I'll post my intake for today tomorrow.
Hope you all had a good weigh in.
Soups are great, chilli too, I doctor up the veggie chili till it's a massive bowl for only 2-3 points. I like the veggie burgers as well and usually eat them with the WW rye bread...2 slices-1pt.
Old 06-27-2006, 08:52 AM   #42  
1dayatatime(on LAWL)

S/C/G: 262/182/160

Good morning ladies.

I weighed this morning but I did not lose but that is just because I had a SHD on points yesterday because I went out to eat sooooo it is just water and the food in my belly still so I will maybe weigh in a few days or just wait intill next tues.

Hope everybody else has a good weigh in today!!!! Whooohoooo
Old 06-27-2006, 09:11 AM   #43  

Well, I LOST 3 LBS!!! Woooo hoooooo....

I did good yesterday then had pizza for dinner.

Today.... I had pancakes 5pts

snack crackers 1pt

Lunch Fettechini 7pts
pinapple 1 pt

Snack 100 cal pack cheeze its 2 pts

WATER WATER WATER.....

Good luck on your weigh ins GIRLS!!!!
Old 06-27-2006, 10:31 AM   #44  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Morning...yesterday I did 35 min on the treadmill and then did about 15 min of weights.

This morning I've started out with
2 sl. whole grain toast 2 pt.
Egg beaters 2 pts.
8 oz. of ff milk. 2 pt (?)

I figured I could splurge just a bit since I had so many points left yesterday and we are going swimming today. But I will be extra good for the rest of the day.

How is everyone else doing today? I saw some weight losses posted. WTG!

Chris
Old 06-27-2006, 11:18 AM   #45  
Jakers Mom

Good Morning Ladies!
This is my first week with ya'll and I guess that it is all the good weight loss mojo, but I lost 3 LBS! Finally back on track!

Yesterday I did 20 min pilates and ate
1/2 c. coffee 2
1c. rice 4
WW Meal 3
8 chicken nuggets 8
1c. mac & cheese 6
Sweet & Sour 1
WW Desert 3
Total Points 27
Wow, that was a poor nutrition day! I do the Wendie Plan and today is my SHD, therefore, I am typing while drinking my WC Mocha -NF/NW from Starbucks.

Hope Everyone has a great day! Thanks for the mojo and WTG!

Molly
Closed Thread