Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2006, 05:03 PM   #91  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Elizabeth. Must be the day for showers. I'm supposed to go to a baby shower tonight and just don't feel like it. I have a headache and I just wanna get some sleep.

I did manage to get 12 laps around the track last night. Me and dh were having a little "communication problem" so I thought I'd destress and walk and think. IT felt so good. I came back, did some stuff around the house and when we went to bed, I got to talk to my manly person (without getting mad) and we had a great heart to heart. But of course with every good thing there is a bad. I woke up with my hips and legs hurting so bad. My body wasn't ready for that kind of a walk. As the day has gone on, I've worked some of the kinks out of me.

I always thought bariatric surgery was what I needed but my SIL had it and she got a post op infection and had a heck of a time in the days following the surgery. That was a couple years ago and she's doing great. Somehow though, I have never got it out of my mind that having surgery is somehow cheating. Takes some of the work out of it. I'm just anal and feel like to make it worth something to be proud of, I have to do it on my own. Plus surgery scares the crap out of me. I don't even think I'd be a candidate because of my rheumatoid arthritis, and also I'm not overweight enough. Hey there's a thought!

Gonna go work on my housework. Laundry laundry!

chris
Old 07-08-2006, 10:45 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 187/187/145

Height: 5'03

Hey Chris!! When my dh and I are having a spat or communication prob I also work out twice as hard! 12 laps!!!! Good for you!! I felt bad for not posting yesterday, but I was soooo busy. I didn't even get on the computer. I did well with my eating yesterday, but I did not get to do my daily walk or bike riding. Here goes for today...breakfast-watermelon=3 pts. lunch-lean cuisine and green beans=6 pts. snack- ice cream cone (mcdonalds)=3 pts. dinner-smart one and cucumbers=3 pts. I will probably have watermelon and a ww fudge pop for another snack. I hope everyone had a great day!!!
Old 07-08-2006, 10:51 PM   #93  

Oh yeah, and Elizabeth I just eat dry cereal without milk. (don't like milk) it is made by Kellogs and it is called complete all bran wheat flakes. And I do reward myself about every month. Yesterday I got a pedicure and 2 new shirts and a new pair of capris. (oh and the capris I got were one size smaller than usual!!!!!) I was excited about that.
Old 07-08-2006, 11:01 PM   #94  

pace- Girl I wosh i had your energy!!!
You stay so busy! I was reading all your posts over 4th, but I would just pop in to see what was up!!

Hope everyone else has been doing well!!
Elizabeth- I feel your pain, the 4th, got me way off track!
I missed the scale and to be honest was GLAD, AFRAID TO GET ON THAT THING, but so now I may just wait until tuesday!!!!!
Keep up the good work.
Check you all later,
Amy
Old 07-09-2006, 12:28 PM   #95  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

Hey girls.....I've been lurking abit and think you all support each other really well, and wonder if there's room for one more? I have re-started ww's this week and its been great to get some really good OP days under my belt. My gym is closed today but hopefully I'll get some dog walking in.
Old 07-09-2006, 10:26 PM   #96  

angel- welcome, the more losers we have the better!!!
ha/ha ( I mean that in a good way!)
So have you lost your 36lbs with ww and how long has it taken you?? Thats awesome numbers! I bet you feel great!! Keep up the great work! Glad to have ya!
Old 07-09-2006, 10:31 PM   #97  

I also have a question-----
So how have you all been tracking all your pts and exercise?
Pace I know you mainly do your food and pts on here!!
looking for ideas.....
Later, Amy
Old 07-10-2006, 12:21 AM   #98  

Hello everybody!!!! AMYC, I know I should use my activity points, but I don't. I am silly!!! It's one of those things that in the back of my mind I'm like hmmmmm. nah!! I know for a fact that it works, I've used them before and ww has done all the research, so its just me.Oh and Angel. Great to have you!!! Here goes for today.... breakfast-watermelon-1 pt. lunch-shrimp marinara smart one and tossed salad and ww fudgepop=4 pts. dinner-frozen mexican dinner and burrito=12 pts. My neighbor brought over baby back ribs, so I had some. 8 pts. for those darn things!!! They were sooooo good.My total for the day is 25 pts. I walked my dogs for an hour and rode my stationary bike 20 miles today just to try to work off those darn ribs!!!!! Anyway it sounds like everyone is doing great!!!!! We can do this ya'll!!!!!
Old 07-10-2006, 12:36 AM   #99  

S/C/G: 257/246/155

Height: 5'6"

Hi,

Well, I am doing WW again. The first time I did it I lost 50 lbs. Then I just let my weight spiral out of control. So, I have a week in and I 've been exercising daily. I lost 4 lbs this week! I need all the support I can get!!!!
Old 07-10-2006, 10:17 AM   #100  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

Morning!! Thanks for the welcome!! I just knew I'd like you girls!!! Just had my breakie.....ww english muffin, slice of cheese and a hard boiled egg. yum yum, and only 4 pts!! Yesterday was a good day, even got some biking in with ds. (gym was closed)...so that was good. Heading out to the gym in a little while, going to do the elip. and workout in the 'curves' room. Just tried that for the first time and was surprized at how hard it was. hehe....the commercials show the ladies having a gay ol' time ....almost having a party!!! NOT!!

AMYC......I started and re-started ww's several times in the past and lost my weight (first 12 lbs) with ww's last fall. Then a plateau and a long de-raillment made me switch up my game plan and I started to follow Jillian Michaels book along with her diet plan of more protein and using a 12 week plan to work out with weights. I started noticing a HUGE difference in my muscle definition and stamina. Since late Feb, I've been on and off plan and trying to stay motivated but still working out 5x wk. [enter new re-committment] So I dusted off my ww's books and haven't looked back from last week. I def. need the combination of accountability and excercise.....so here I am!!! I used fitday to record all of my foods/workouts but with ww's.....I am just journalling on paper right now. If its too much recording and writing, I tend not to do it. Sorry that was so long winded......

queenteacher....congrats on the 4 lb loss!!

pacemom.....your meal planning is fabulous!!! Giving me lots of good ideas. wtg on chasing away those calories from those ribs.
Old 07-10-2006, 07:34 PM   #101  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Man, I hate that! One long post and *poof* the 3fc thing goes down and its lost. How irritating!

ANyhow, I"m here, just been super busy. I'd give you the low down on my weight loss woes but I'm afraid it will disappear again. Gotta type fast.

Chris
Old 07-10-2006, 11:45 PM   #102  

Hello everybody!!!!! Sounds like everybody is doing awesome. I had a great day, but have been kinda tired today. I did take my dogs on our hour walk, but I just didn't do my bike today. Oh well, tomorrow I will definately get back on track with the bike when I feel better. Breakfast-oat bran wheat flakes and an orange=2 pts. lunch-smartone/green beans/ww fudgepop=6 pts. dinner-lean cuisine and broccoli=6 pts. snack-watermelon and ww fudgepop=4 pts. 18 pts for the day. Have a good night!!! Until tomorrow..
Old 07-11-2006, 09:19 AM   #103  
Jakers Mom

Good Morning Ladies! I hope everyone is doing well this week. Last week was BAD with the 4th and all. I was so hungry and tired, I guess because of my TOM, but I got back on it this week and--WOO HOOO!!!!!! I lost 4lbs!!!! I have FINALLY hit the 25# mark. I feel like I can do anything today, well, maybe not ANYthing, but I feel REALLY GOOD! I do wish I had all the energy that some of you ladies have with the working out- that's the next challenge. Can't wait to hear how everyone does this week. Good Luck!!!!

Molly
Old 07-11-2006, 10:07 AM   #104  

lost my post again..........don't want to reiterate everything.....a hearty welcome to angel and queen.
congrats to all of your dailly accomplishments...Paula, I want your energy level!!
anyone up for a small challenge....like a week?
been doing better......not 100% compliant with food yet but a whole darn site better than what I've been doing.
Old 07-11-2006, 10:11 AM   #105  

Good Lord..I forgot today was Tues....jumped on the scale and down 2....so not bad for somone who is not 100% on program.....baby steps.
Closed Thread