Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2002, 11:05 AM   #16  

Teric - way to go on getting rid of the "NYC" pound plus its friend! I hope the weather cooperates for you. I don't think we're expecting any heat waves and Vermont should at least be cool at night. NYC is supposed to be in the seventies over the weekend (I think). Have a wonderful time - drink lots of water and see if you can get some activity in and I'll bet you'll be fine.

I had a pretty good day yesterday - no exercise as I expected but I stayed within points and even banked a half a point. This morning I did a 50 minute step tape (different tape, same guys) - tons of fun. I hope to do my shoulder exercises later and maybe even get on the Pilates Reformer after work. It looks like a busy day at work so I'd better get going.

Have a great Think Thin Thursday!
Judy
Old 08-22-2002, 11:32 AM   #17  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

Unhappy agghhhhh

Hello Ladies. Hmm, I find myself frustrated and starting ....yet again!! I was going like gangbusters and then.....started to slip and then it turned into a slide. So .....I find myself back at square one again, only I should and I WILL NOW.... check here for more support. I need that 'daily fix' of support and commradery that only posting (not lurking) gives me. So even with my holidays last week and TOM, I think a "no gain" but maintain is still pretty good. I did receive a flyer in the mail from ww's with an offer to join and attend their meetings yesterday , but will see if I join. Not sure about that, as my leader wasn't very motivational. Could be that I just didn't find the right class for me. Hope everyone has a good day.

Judy- I'd be interested as well to know which tape you are using as well....3 buff guys?....count me in!!

Teric- My condolences to your family on your loss.
Old 08-22-2002, 01:59 PM   #18  
Canadian, eh?

Hi Friends!

Off today and on countdown till vacation...after Sept 6 I'll be off for 2 weeks! Had breakfast with a friend this morning - whole grain pancakes, and am lunching with another friend - wonton soup I think...better get to the gym and repent this afternoon. BBQ'ing a salmon tonight...

Angel-eyes; get thee back on the wagon!! We'll help. Congrats on the maintain - that's a thousand times more encouraging than a gain!

Judy - you're becoming a mean, lean, exercise machine again. Ditto everyone else re the 3 buff guys tape!

Holly - one suggestion I could make is to drink a glass of water between glasses of wine, you drink a bit less wine that way. Other than that, have a great time. You're doing great!

Teric - been there with the no A/C...my last vehicle's a/c died about 5 years ago, this is the first summer I've had air for ages. Hope you have a wonderful time away! Congrats on the lost lb.!

Carla - hope you're having a good day!

ttfn,

Karen
Old 08-23-2002, 11:23 AM   #19  

Angel eyes - you wouldn't be the first one here to slip and slide. We've all done it. The key is to forgive yourself and jump right back on the wagon. I join Karen in congratulating you on the maintain - that's a victory anytime! The tapes were "G-Force Super Step" and "G-Force Cardio Step".

Karen - Hope you had a good day off. Ahhh, I wish I had two weeks of vacation to look forward to. At least it's Friday! Mmmm, nothing like BBQ salmon! Did you get thee to the gym?

I had a pretty good day yesterday. I did go over max by one point but I have points in the food bank so I used one. I did take a sneak peek on the scale this morning & was not pleased with what I saw. It is PMS time for me but even so, I have been totally OP this week. My rings were tight this morning so I guess it's water but I don't think I ate anything particularly salty. Well, at least not obviously so. We had pasta with veggies and shrimp last night. I think I tend to retain water when we have pasta - I looked at the sauce jar (we split a jar for 3 points each and it does have 600 or so grams of sodium - I guess that's pretty salty?? Anyway, I plan on guzzling water with some lemon juice in it plan on doing some kind of workout today - maybe the reformer, maybe yoga.

Have a great one!
Judy
Old 08-23-2002, 11:33 AM   #20  
Canadian, eh?

Good morning!

Judy - I think tight rings are always proof that there's water retention going on. 600 mg of sodium is quite a bit but not terrible...I'm sure you'll be able to fllush it out today. Alas, alas, no I didn't go to the gym. Bad Karen...however, I'm just about to put on my shoes to take the dogs for a walk by the river, and I have a 1:30 appointment at the gym this afternoon. The salmon was yummy, I was going to serve cantalope & honeydew for dessert, but Mike had polished most of it off the day before, so he went to the store to get dessert and came back with Rolo icecream. So no more procrastinating, I'd better get myself outside and get that ice cream walked off!

Have a great weekend everybody!

Karen
Old 08-23-2002, 02:32 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 268.8/266.4/145

Height: 5'8"

Hi everyone.

Sorry I didn't make it in yesterday - I was out and about with a lot of errands and then we had to yet another trip to my hometown to stay good-bye to the visiting Italians.

Holly - Good for you for exercising rather than giving into the pot of spaghetti and meatballs. That's a pig-out food for me too, so I admire your strength. As for Saturday, poke around the recipes here and at the WW site and you're sure to find something. Karen's suggestion to drink water between the wine is good. Get in as much water as you can. It will help you feel full and help keep you from retaining if you happen to eat a lot of salty food.

Judy = I'm glad to hear that your first root canal visit didn't cause you too much discomfort. Just keep guzzling your water and that retention will go away.

Teric - Congrats on losing those two pounds. We'll be rooting for you on your way to 10% off. Have a great vacation. I'll keep my fingers crossed that you have cool traveling weather.

Angel-Eyes - If I had a dollar for everytime I started over.... Just keep trying. Not giving up is the most important part.

Karen - I"ll bet 9/6 can't come fast enough for you! Any special plans for your vacation? Is Jen still at home, or is she back at school? I hope you enjoyed the walk with the dogs and the afternoon at the gym.

This week/weekend continues to be busy with a lot of challenges. Last night it was dinner at my cousin's. Today I'm picking up a friend of mine who had surgery recently. We have to go to a wake, but before I'm taking her to dinner as she hasn't been out much lately. Sunday we're going to see my BIL's new house and then we're going out to dinner. Next weekend is a wedding and a party. I can't wait until we have a free weekend. I'll just keep trying to do my best.

Have a great weekend all.

Carla
Old 08-24-2002, 09:06 AM   #22  

Good morning from Florida! It's a beautiful, sunny day already and I feel positive about REstarting the WW program! I made lifetime back in the 70s (I'm 52) and have bounced around since, hitting my all time high of 214 this past week. Four days of WW has brought me to this mornings home weigh-in of 206, so I'm encouraged and feeling positive! Have you room for another dieter on this link? Have a great day! Cheryl
Old 08-24-2002, 09:21 AM   #23  
Canadian, eh?

yenba - welcome Cheryl! Congratulations on your loss, you're doing great. Look for a new thread on Monday...see you there.

Karen
Old 08-24-2002, 06:23 PM   #24  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

Unhappy oh no.......

Oh boy....help me!! DH has returned from a meeting and with him a BIG BAG OF CHOCOLATE GOODIES!! Why did he bring these home? And to make matters worse, he stuffs the bag in the fridge so they won't be going soft in the hot weather we're having......so every time I open the door....BAM!! right in the face!! Think I'm going to boycott ever opening the fridge again.... lol
Old 08-24-2002, 07:48 PM   #25  
Canadian, eh?

angel eyes - bad husband! Can you bury them in the deep freeze? or leave em out somewhere really hot so they'll melt and you'll have to throw them out? or donate them to a nursing home? or visualize that they're rotten and mouldy and disgusting? poor you...good luck!

Karen
Closed Thread