Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2004, 09:06 AM   #1  

Default Weigh in at home 4/19 - 4/25

Starting the topic - be right back
Old 04-19-2004, 09:13 AM   #2  

Just a quick note - I had a suprisingly good weigh in - down 0.4. Only 0.8 to get to the 10 pound mark again. I had a so-so weekend - I used about 10 FP's but at least I was consistent with exercise - 6 times last week. I plan on ending the week with 10 FP'sleft and am counting on earning some AP's to help out.

Have a great one,
Judy
163.6/154.4/135
55/240 workouts
Old 04-19-2004, 11:37 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 268.8/266.4/145

Height: 5'8"

Hi everyone.

Boy is it good to be home.

I just skimmed last weeks posts.

Candyce, welcome.
Judy - Sounds like you're back to working out. Yay. And congrats on your loss.
Karen - Sounds like you're back on track.

Well, things went well. My sister got physical custody of the boys, so the younger two will be rejoining her and her oldest one week after school ends. She and my BIL share joint legal custody, so the boys will be with their father every other weekend, 1/2 the summer, 1/2 the holidays and he's to visit them one night a week. Which is exactly what my sister proposed prior to going to court. Sigh. At any rate, sitting through that hearing was one of the most unpleasant things I've had to do, what with all the mud flying and all. I felt sorry for the both of them. I'm just glad it's over. Of course my eating all last week was horrible. Worst yet, I hardly drank any water. So I'm guzzling now. My sneak peek this morning was terrible. There's nothing to do for it but get back on track, which I am. No exercise this morning. We picked up the cat at my mom's last night and it was late by the time we finallly got home. I was just too tired to get up early this morning. But I'll get back on the exercise track tomorrow too.

And now on to unpacking and laundry and all those things that make sure that you lose that vacation feeling immediately upon returning home.

Have a great day.

Carla
Old 04-19-2004, 12:33 PM   #4  

Down 1/2 pound this week! I will get a little better this week.
Old 04-20-2004, 09:51 AM   #5  
Canadian, eh?

Good Morning!

Just have time for a quick entry:

Judy: terrific loss! Way to go!

Carla: so glad things went well for your sister. Never mind about the horrible week's eating...just climb back on the wagon for the umpteenth time and you'll be fine again..

Waypast: great loss! congratulations.

I had a so so weekend, and am mired in PMS which is leaving me feeling slightly irrational. Trying to keep it together.

Anyway...have a great day...
Karen
Old 04-20-2004, 10:25 AM   #6  

Carla – Phew, I’m glad to hear that things worked out the way your sister wanted but like you, I’m sorry she (and you) had to go through such an unpleasant experience. I’m glad you were able to be there for your sister and I’m sure she was too! I’m sure your sneak peek has a lot to do with your water intake – don’t worry, you’re back on track now.

Waypast – congratulations on your loss – any loss is a good one!

Karen – I’m right there with you on being mired in PMS – I’ve definitely had my irrational moments in the last few days and I know that PMS made yesterday’s disappointing news seem more than it actually is. {{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}} to help you keep it together!

I had a good day program-wise and exercise-wise. I did some yoga when I got home which helped with my disappointing news. I found out that what I had been counting on, using 2 yrs teaching asst experience in lieu of student teaching, is no longer possible. I will have to student teach – 12 or 13 weeks with no pay. I also can’t get my certification in Childhood Ed before I get my Literacy certification. So, I’m looking at getting certified and finishing student teaching either at the end of Spring of 2006 or the end of Fall of 2006 – Spring of 2006 if either grad school lets me switch some things around or I take 3 courses one semester or Fall 2006 if grad school won’t allow the switching or I don’t want to kill myself. Tony, bless him, couldn’t have been more supportive – when I showed him the 3 courses in one semester plan, he said “don’t think you have to kill yourself” – still it was a big disappointment and more so because they (the state) changed the rules on me after I’d already started. I’m obsessing about it a bit but at least I didn’t let it be an excuse for eating ridiculously – I had 2 FP’s yesterday and that’s it. I did however decide to have some comfort food for lunch – a Smart Ones beef and mashed potatoes! I don’t know if I’ll exercise today. I have a class tonight and another presentation to do. When I get home, we’ll eat right away. If I don't get a workout in, no big deal. I’m firmly back in the exercise habit and will certainly do one tomorrow.

Have a great one,
Judy
Old 04-20-2004, 02:05 PM   #7  

Hi all.

Waypast - Congrats on a great loss!

Karen - Sorry to hear about the PMS. I join Judy in giving you {{{hugs}}} to get you through.

Judy - I'm sorry to hear that you got disappointing news re: student teaching. I guess I can understand why they would want you to do the actual student teaching, which would probably give you more experience in planning and leading the class, but it's rotten that they changed the rules in the middle of the game. If I were to vote (and I know you didn't give us a vote, but I'm doing it anyway), I'd vote for finishing up in Fall 2006 if the school doesn't let you change things around. Three classes is pretty tough. Anyway, it will all look less grim once the hormones settle down. In the meantime, here's some {{{hugs}}} for you too and a pat in the back for not eating your way through it. And how great that Tony is being so supportive.

It's been a bit harder jumping back on that wagon than I planned. You'd think I'd know that by now. I guess it doesn't help that there's still lots of Easter candy around and I'm still a bit stressed from last week. But I'm hanging in there. I don't think that I'll officially weigh in tomorrow. I'd like to stay off the scale a few days and let the water weight come off, etc. We'll see tomorrow. No exercise this morning, but I'll get back in that groove too.

Have a great day.

Carla
Old 04-21-2004, 08:31 AM   #8  

Carla - I have a suggestion for you - throw the Easter Candy out!!!! OK kiddo, time to get back on the exercise wagon. Are you going to get on the bike today? (a little bit of the drill sergeant coming out here). I know the feeling about nowt wanting to weigh in - sometimes I do when I feel that way and sometimes I don't. It would probably be better if I did (as you know too) but I understand if you don't tomorrow. Do you have any kind of relaxation or yoga program on the tv you could look for to help you de-stress? It might help get back from last week. That had to be sooooo emotionally draining!

Yeah, I understand the student teaching thing too, although a number of teachers here said that two years of what I do is beyond what I would get from student teaching. Oh, and the info on being able to do it is still on the NY State site so it might just be this particular superintendant. Anyway, I'll take things as they come - including deciding how many courses to take next spring.

Well, yesterday was a bit of a disappointing day. I was all ready to do my presentation but everyone ran over and I was bumped until next week. That, plus the final throes of PMS had me eating EIGHT FP's so I have two left for the week. Oh well, I'm going to do some kind of workout when I get home today and TOM came this morning so the PMS meanie is out the door!

Have a great one!
Judy
Old 04-21-2004, 10:12 AM   #9  
Canadian, eh?

Good Morning!

Judy, you radical! Throw out Easter chocolate? It unthinkable...it's... a really, really good idea. And then squirt dish soap all over it, Carla, so you're not tempted to retrieve it! Sorry to hear your presentation got bumped. Would have been nice not to have to think about it anymore.

Carla - sending exercise vibes your way...please do the same for me. I *must* get on the treadmill after work tonight.

We took the dogs out for a romp last night, Jasper caught and injured a mouse, and I had to kill it because Mike was too squeamish. It's the first time I've ever killed anything other than a bug...ewwww. Couldn't leave the poor little thing to suffer though. Anyway, the good news is, it took away the appetite for the rest of the evening!

Gotta get off to work now, have a good day.

K
Old 04-21-2004, 09:34 PM   #10  

Karen,

Bless you for putting the poor little thing out of its misery. I don't know if I could have done it. Nice silver lining to that cloud though! OK, you asked for it - GET ON THE TREADMILL PRIVATE! OK, I'm done shouting

I came home and did a really good combo step and strength workout - I worked out for almost an hour - it's been a long time since I did that and while I was tired afterwards, it felt good. So far, so good tonight on the food front. I *must* get to bed earlier tonight than I've done so far. I'm tired and I have a late class tomorrow night. If I get my butt in bed early enough, I may try to get up a little early and do a little yoga. I've decided that as long as I can stay healthy, I want to try to catch up on the number of workouts. I promise that I won't beat myself up if I don't catch up (especially if I catch some kid bugs again!)

Have a great one,
Judy
Old 04-22-2004, 04:28 PM   #11  

Hi all.

Judy - Sorry to hear your presentation got bumped. It's difficult to get psyched to do something and then have to postpone it. Thanks for the gentle reminder to get my butt in gear. I haven't been back on the bike yet, but I promise I'll hop on tomorrow. As for the Easter candy, I think I'm pretty well over it by now. I'll hang on to the Lifesavers, because they make nice little low point treats. At any rate, the leftovers are all out of sight, out of mind in the linen closet, and the contents of Ana's basket will be joining them shortly. I join you in having to get to bed earlier. I've been dragging the past couple of days and that never helps on the eating front, or the exercise front.

Karen - Eeeww on the mouse. Bless you for putting it out of it's misery, but eeeww all the same. Ok, you get on the treadmill and I'll get on the bike, ok?

I didn't weigh in yesterday and I'm still struggling to get it all under control. I think I'm getting allergies in my old age, or something, because my sinuses have been screaming at me and I'm just all tuckered out. Judy, I love the idea of doing yoga. Unfortunately, with my knees, a lot of the poses are just unmanagable for me. I recently heard of yoga classes specifically geared to people with arthiritis, etc. that use modified poses. I may look into that. In the meantime, I'm going to try to get more sleep and I will get on that bike. That will make me feel better.

Have a great evening.

Carla
Old 04-23-2004, 12:08 PM   #12  

Hi all.

Just dropping by to report that I did indeed get on the bike this morning. I didn't want to, but I promised you guys, so I did and I'm glad I did. I expect that eating will go better today because of it and one good day of eating generally begets another good day, so I'm back on track.

Talk to you all later.

Carla
Old 04-23-2004, 07:46 PM   #13  
Canadian, eh?

Yay Carla, for getting on the bike! I didn't get on the treadmill. Work is nuts right now, and one of the unions has served strike notice, so I'm envisioning 60 hour work weeks if that happens. I'm slated to work 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. 5 days per week. What fun. Eating has been dodgy the last couple of days, but okay today. We're driving up to our property early tomorrow morning, will be back Sunday night.

Have a great weekend,
Karen
Old 04-26-2004, 07:01 PM   #14  

Waypast - we start a new thread each week. I think more of us would see your progress if you posted there. Anything that's not a gain is a victory, so congratulations!

Judy
Closed Thread