WW Food and Point Issues ...other than recipes

Old 01-22-2010, 11:58 AM   #1  
ready to be healthy!

S/C/G: 290/264/170

Height: 5*4

Red face Day 4 of points system HELP!!!

ok so im on day 4. Does this really work??? im just curious bc this is actually really hard! anyone have any tips for me like things i can eat so im not hungry all the time??? i feel like all i can think about is food lol it horrible lol but im willing to make this work so maybe if someone could help me out and give me some tips or advice it would make things crazy easier!! thank you so much!
nikkic718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 12:11 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 256/ticker/150

Height: 5'11"

I've lost 44 pounds since Sept doing WW. If you're still hungry, try eating more whole foods as opposed to processed foods. Lots of veggies are zero points and will fill you up!!

I hate veggies, so I'm not one to talk, but it's a strategy... Stick with it and you'll get where you want to go.

And track, track, track!! That's the key!!
cherbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 12:27 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 173/ticker/129

Height: 5'4"

In the past, I've lost around 50lbs. on the points system. That was about 8 years ago, and I'm back for round two. I've been on plan for about 5 weeks, and I've lost a little over 10lbs in that time. It does work if you stay on plan. The trick is in finding the "filling foods" that keep you satisfied.

Definitely eat more filling foods, including lean protein. Remember that the points value listed for meats are cooked weights (so take that into consideration when you measure your portions).

I also find that beans are a miracle food. I always cook one big pot of beans per week and make some sort of soup or stew out of them. They pair well with many veggies, and the bean-veggie combo is filling for me. The vegetarian recipes on this site can give you some good ideas.

This past week for me was a big hunger week for me, so I can totally sympathize with your situation. I was ill, so I couldn't earn Activity Points (which result in more points for food). When I was super hungry, I ate low-fat popcorn or low-points soup. I also find that drinking herbal teas from Celestial Seasoning can ward off hunger (they're flavored, so they seem like a treat even through they're 0 calories).

For breakfast (or any meal), try one of the popular egg dishes that are low points. For instance, 1/2 cup of egg beaters (1 pt.) + 1 Laughing Cow Cheese Lite (1 pt.) + 2 pieces high fibre, low=fat bread (1 pt.) is a pretty filling meal 3pt meal. To cook the egg beaters, put them and the cheese in a mug (sprayed with pam) and microwave it for 1-2 minutes. It comes out in a big puffy mass that looks like a lot of food (see the hungry girl website for more details about "egg mugs").

Do you find that you're hungry all the time? Or just certain times of the day? Also, I think that some people find that it takes about 2 weeks for your body and appetite to adjust. Give it a bit of time. Hang in there. You can do it!!

(Oh -- and are you eating your 35 flex points? If not, eat them!)

Finally, it's totally normal to think about food all the time when one changes anything in his/her eating habits. Food psychologists have studied this quite a bit. In other words, you're going through the normal course of things, and you just need to hang in there -- if you do, you will succeed :-)
SissieSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 12:34 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 387/387/250

Height: 6'7" (yes, really)

It can be difficult to adjust to if you're used to eating 'out of bounds', so to speak.
My biggest tip would be to think about everything you put in your mouth and to LISTEN to your body when it's full. I eat as many times a day as I want - as soon as I feel like I need something I eat. But I also stop as soon as I'm satisfied. This meant putting back the third piece of pizza

I've been playing with WW for about 2 weeks and have lost 10 pounds as of yesterday.

Make sure youre eating ENOUGH - there's really no reason to be hungry if you're eating enough of the right foods. Do some more exploring on 3FC to read what some of the other members eat for meals and snacks.
NotFatImFluffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 12:37 PM   #5  

OH..and I also wanted to add - make sure you're eating protein. A lot of people (including myself) find that eating protein at each meal curbs hunger big time. I usually have oatmeal with breakfast, cottage cheese with lunch, and meat for dinner.
Old 01-22-2010, 01:36 PM   #6  

Height: 5'10"

I also do WW. I find that I just need to be able to eat pretty much all day! I keep baggies of raw veggies around to snack on, almonds are a good snack too. For breakfast sometimes I eat a baggie full of kashi cereal (the cinnamon harvest) and a piece of those individually wrapped 1 oz slices of 2% cheese. But yeah, I need to be able to "graze" all day soemtimes, so I just make sure I have stuff on hand. I take a day on the weekend and divide all my stuff into single serving baggies or whatever so it's easy to grab and go. Frozen stir fry veggies save my life. A whole bag only has a couple points and I'll just throw them in a skillet with a little stir fry or soy sauce. They take like 5 minutes to cook and I'll eat close to the whole bag. Sometimes I'll get crazy and make brown rice with it, but a lot of times I just eat the veggies.
jewelrymaker81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 04:16 PM   #7  
ready to be healthy!

you ladies are LIFESAVERS!!!! thank you soooo much for all the advice! the stuff you guys said to eat i guess i never really thought about eating. its like im almost scared to eat bc i dont wanna let myself get any bigger......i know i know when you dont eat and you starve yourself your body stores the fight, i get it. lol also do you all weigh yourselves every week or everyday??? im really new to this whole eating healthy thing as you can see by my weight lol i really would love to stay in touch with all of you threw this journey you all are great!!!
**spreading pound shedding dust on all of you!!! keep up the great progress!
Old 01-22-2010, 05:52 PM   #8  

Reread your week one materials. You must get the 9 HGs in every day to be on program. Last week we discussed FILLING FOODS in the meeting and planned 10 meals that were just filling foods into our plan this week. I'm always full when I concentrate on FF. As you can see from my stats, the program works very, very well.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 06:21 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 173/ticker/129

Height: 5'4"

Thanks for the pound shedding dust

In answer to your question about weighing every day vs. every week: sometimes (for me) it just depends. If I go to the gym, I will weigh myself every time I go. For me, this is just information. As long as I'm on plan, I don't react to it negatively (I KNOW that WW works as long as I'm consistent with it).

But I don't have a scale at home because I CAN get obsessive about weighing myself and really, the fit of my clothes tells me more than a scale.

I say, do what works for you!
SissieSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 07:46 AM   #10  
ready to be healthy!

you ladies are amazing!!!!! WEll i figure I;m going to weigh myself every sat morning at work. So I weighed this morning and lost 4.5 lbs this week!!!! you have no idea how exciting and motivating that was when i saw that!!! well then again you all do know exciting that is.

Quilter~ Congrats on your accomplishment!!!!!!! Thats amazing!!! Im not currently technically in WW so I need a little help lol Im just trying to follow the plan......but thank you!!!
Old 01-23-2010, 08:18 AM   #11  

I was so happy for you this morning when I read that you lost 4.5 pounds.
I think the biggest key is to not be afraid to eat - just make the right decisions.
One of the greatest things about changing your lifestyle v. being 'on a diet' is that you have an opportunity to explore so many new and exciting foods.
I looooove to eat. Now I looove to eat healthy! I was amazed that after two weeks I no longer WANT McDonalds or Burger King..I WANT homecooked meals!
I'm originally from Ohio - Toledo and Mount Vernon. I'd love to stay in touch I'm just starting out a couple of weeks ago as well.
Old 01-23-2010, 08:23 AM   #12  
ready to be healthy!

YES!!! definatley we will stay in touch!!!! do you have a facebook or anything??? I actually went to Univ of Toledo for 2 years...lucky u moved to NC lol Ohio is kind of a dead end state.......but its home ya know. I was the BK Queen!!! lol now not so much! I actually had a really filling great dinner last night my bf made me shishkabobs w lean chicken green peppers and onions and mushrooms........omg AMAZING!!!! to be completely honest i was soooo scared of weighing this morning...but i did it and didnt put it off and voila a improvement!!!! Did you happen to read my post called "I'm ready, Im doing this for myself" or something like that lol if you could read it and give me some feedback that would be great!!!!
Old 01-23-2010, 08:25 AM   #13  
ready to be healthy!

how do i get those cute lil tracker thingy majiggys
Old 01-23-2010, 08:49 AM   #14  
Started IP 9-2-12

S/C/G: 224/221.8/199 first goal

Height: 5'3"

Girl it definately works i was on ww back in high school and lost a ton of weight! I've just recently found my new lifesaver! If you have a super target near you they are in the frozen organic section they are called vitatops!!! Omg the chocolate are wonderful and since they have 6g of fiber in them they keep you full for a couple of hours and only 1 Pt. Well good luck and keep in touch!

dixonschubbymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 08:51 AM   #15  
Started IP 9-2-12

S/C/G: 224/221.8/199 first goal

Height: 5'3"

oh and about the trackers...they have a block on them until you have been a member for 20 days and have at least 20 posts!! i just got mine this morning and ive been waiting for it! Just look forward to the fact that once you get one you will have already lost some weight!
dixonschubbymommy is offline   Reply With Quote