WW Food and Point Issues ...other than recipes

Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2003, 03:06 PM   #1  

Default Help! Day 2 and I'm starving!

I have done WW in the past (points) and found that I was never hungry and could eat alot! I am on day 2 of counting points on my own and I am starving! I don't know if my eating has been so out of control that I am not use to eating "normal amounts". Right now I am staying home with my 14 month old daughter and I find I need a substantial lunch to keep the snacking in the afternoon under control. Any suggestions for hearty lunches and breakfasts that don't use alot of points?

Thanks,

nancy
Old 02-25-2003, 07:31 PM   #2  
Cowboy Up Chick

BREAKFAST:

1/2 cup Egg Beaters + lots of free veggies made into an omelet and topped with salsa = 1 point
2 slices of light bread + 1 tablespoon Brummel & Brown or ICBINB Light Spread = 2 points
1 orange or apple = 1 point

LUNCH:

Large salad (greens) + 1/2 ounce of cheese topped with salsa = 1 point
Sandwich (2 slices light bread, 6 slices Hillshire Farms Deli Select Meats, lettuce, tomato, mustard) = 2 points
7 Cheddar or Caramel QUAKES = 1 points
1 orange or apple = 1 point
Old 02-26-2003, 01:25 PM   #3  

i made a yummy stuffed tomato, that i think is pretty low in points. i got a nice, big, red tomato and cut the top off. i scooped the insides out like a little pumpkin, and discarded the seeds.

i had some boiled potato that i mashed up and mixed in some garlic and some basil. then i put as much potato could fit into the tomato and stuck it in a steamer basket and steamed it for a little bit, until the tomato skin was loose.

i put that in the middle of my plate and cut up some red, yellow, and orange mini bell peppers (mmm...so sweet and yummy) to garnish it. with the rest of my steamed veggies, i arranged them on my plate attractively and drizzled some lemon dill sauce over it (from trader joes...i used a teaspoon full, cut with water, so i had plenty of flavor for my veggies for not too much fat)

i think the whole plate of food is under 5pts. i know my mom and dad were looking at my food a bit enviously. :-) it was very filling too, because i couldn't eat it all.
Old 04-01-2003, 08:52 PM   #4  

Kelly - That's a great meal plan for one day! Thanks! I think I'm going to use your idea for this week
I am new to ww and I am getting tired of the frozen foods but I am still learning how to manage my pts on regular food so I didn't want to take a chance.
Old 04-04-2003, 07:39 PM   #5  

Hi Nancy,

I'm new to this forum but not to WW. I just wanted to let you know that there's nothing wrong with snacking if you choose the right snacks. As a matter of fact, you'll probably feel better if you spread your points out over 5 or 6 smaller meals. This will keep you blood sugar level and you won't sucumb as easy to the "I'm so hungry I could eat a horse" syndrome. I make these great little muffins that are 1 point each and very filling. Get the Duncan Hines muffin mix that is made from Kellogs All Bran cereal. They come in blueberry and apple cinnamon. Don't add any of the other ingredients the directions say to add and instead mix the dry mix with a 15 oz. can of pumpkin. Spoon all the batter evenly into 12 muffin tins and bake. They won't rise and are very heavy but have so much fiber that they are very satisfying. I also like the 94% fat free popcorn, boca burgers, fat-free pretzel stix...the list goes on. Get the list of 1 point foods and be creative.
Old 09-13-2004, 04:10 PM   #6  

Where do you get the Hillshire Farms deli select meats?
Old 09-13-2004, 05:22 PM   #7  
Cowboy Up Chick

In the lunch meat section of most grocery stores. Basically you can get various brands that are the same (Healthy Choice has some, I sometimes use Dagwood ones too from Wal-Mart) but usually there are 6 slices for 1 point total.
Old 09-16-2004, 01:29 PM   #8  
The cat lady

Default I understand

First, I must say, part of it is the way you have been eating in the past. I am having the same problem. I am not sure it is hunger as much as habit.

I made the zero point soup and eat that and also carrots and celery sticks. Lots of popcorn too. I notice that some days are better than others. Right now is PMS time and I want to eat constantly!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-09-2004, 06:59 PM   #9  

I went through the same "hunger" in the beginning. I have low-blood sugar and was being very careful about "budgeting" my points to allow for an afternoon snack, but it still wasn't enough. I was getting awful migraines every day as a result. I told my chiropractor about it, who also turned out to be a WW Lifetime Member. He told me food is like a drug and I was going through withdrawal because of the drastic reduction in calories. He told me to stick with it and the headaches would subside and it would get easier. They did subside and it did get easier. I had never heard that explanation before and it is probably the reason I never stuck with any other diet plan before, including WW the previous 2 times I tried.

10 months later, I still have my days and even my weeks where I'm hungrier than others. Usually when I'm PMSing. But on those rare occassions, I have my 35 flex points. I rarely use them now and never use all of them.

There are other members, including myself who have posted their daily menu on here to share and get ideas. Check them out. Good luck.

amcap74
Joined WW 1/13/2004 @ 271 lbs.
Today: 220.5 Down: 50.5 lbs
Goal: 135 but I'd be happy with 145
85.5 lbs. to go
Old 12-12-2004, 09:13 AM   #10  

I'm a lifetimer who is returning because of baby weight. A lot of it! I'm having to deal with the same hunger, and right now, my weapon is V8. Keeping cans of it in the frige means I can grab it quickly before my head tells me it's okay to start considering other things that aren't so good for me. After, I'm not so hungry and I've gotten some vegetables in for the day!
Old 12-12-2004, 09:23 AM   #11  
Cowboy Up Chick

The only thing with the V8 it is very high sodium and may cause water retention!
Old 12-13-2004, 07:57 AM   #12  

That's a good point! Especially when you suddenly see your tummy pooch out even though you've stayed on program!

I would also say that a nice hot cup of tea sometimes hits the spot when what I really want is a little comfort. Sit down, calm down, sip tea, think about success!
Old 12-13-2004, 01:29 PM   #13  

Hi Nancy, I'm Nancy too, and Canadian as well!
Today is my first day back to journaling and staying OP. I've followed WW off and on for 25 years! I quit smoking coming up 4 years now, and that's when this yoyo'n/see-saw'n, really kicked in..
I'm going to Mexico at the end of January, and really want to lose the 10 I'm up!
Today I've eaten Brealfast- oatmeal/milk and an orange ( 4 pts.)
Lunch -1 c cott.cheese/Oatmeal to Go bar/apple (8 pts. )
Supper will be - French Onion soup/ceas. salad (8 pts.)
snacks -hot.choc/apple/ch.stick (3 pts.)
total for the day.................. 23 pts.
See ya tomorrow....
clip
Old 12-14-2004, 08:06 AM   #14  

I had a good day yesterday, stayed under my 23 pts. Today will be just as good!

clip
Old 12-14-2004, 11:07 AM   #15  
Cowboy Up Chick

Clipper what do you mean under your 23 points (what you has planned or is that your bare minimum)?
Closed Thread