Closed Thread

Old 11-25-2004, 11:19 AM   #31  
Thursday Lady

We all have so many things to be thankful for.
Our countries
Our families
Our friends
It is a difficult season for many of us, I know. However, we need to try to find something good to get us through the day.

I am thankful for all of you. We haven't met face to face, but, I feel so close to everyone.
Have a good day.
Tina
Old 11-25-2004, 11:41 AM   #32  
Susan

Hi Friends,

For all of you I am thankful!!!! We do have so much to be thankful. Believe me in the past several months I realize it even more.

Susan
Old 11-25-2004, 11:10 PM   #33  

I too am thankful for all of you. It seems as if we know each other fairly well. It might be interesting to meet up face-to-face some day. I think Susan and Tina would have the best chance, since they are at least in the same state! I'm in a state of confusion, could someone meet me there???? lol
Old 11-26-2004, 11:50 AM   #34  
Susan

Tammy,
I'm always in the state of confusion!!!! So lets hook up
Susan
Old 11-26-2004, 12:00 PM   #35  
Thursday Lady

How is everyone today? Too full? I feel that way, although I tried not to over-do it.
Do y'all go out early to shop for the specials? I never have done that. I went to Walgreen's and bought their early specials. Wow, big spender that I am. I just don't have my mind set on presents yet.

Guess what we're eating today, tomorrow and the next day------turkey!!!!!
I've got my cookbooks out looking at recipes. Hmmmm....turkey tacos sound good for tomorrow night.

Have a good and safe weekend.
Old 11-26-2004, 07:30 PM   #36  

LOL Isn't the state of confusion fun?

Tina, actually I don't think I really overate yesterday. Of course, I apparently did something before yesterday, because my scales were up 5 pounds. I think I'll give up!!

I didn't go out to shop this morning. I did that once, and I said never again. That was when Tim was little and there was a neat train set that we wanted him to have.
Tim and I did go out at noon today for lunch. Not very crowded in the small town that we live in.

Spent the day cleaning which was a barrel of laughs. It was funny when we were trying to flip the mattress. It's a king size and is very heavy. I think we should have waited until Bob got home. Needless to say, I ended up taking pain medicine and laying down for about an hour. I feel better now. I had thought I'd go to the HS basketball game, but I can't imagine sitting on those hard bleachers all night.

Need to finish up the cleaning tomorrow and get things ready for Sunday when the family is here for Thanksgiving. We usually don't have many leftovers. I think we have the planning down pat by now.
Old 11-27-2004, 11:20 AM   #37  
Thursday Lady

Hello all,
Tammy, a nap sounds good to me. Send some of your yummy deviled eggs down here to me, please! I hope you have a good day. And, I wish you had some of my sun. It's a little windy but warm----72 this morning!
Here it is almost December and it's in the 70's. Only in TX.

Susan, could you come clean my dining room?!?! You are an excellent housekeeper.
Maureen, I hope you are doing good. How is your husband?
Sis, did your Thanksgiving go okay? I hope it wasn't too stressful.
Get out there a walk with your hubby.
Mimi, about those stomach exercises-----I'm chicken, I guess. Every morning, I lie in bed and raise each leg 10 times, alternating. I do this 5 times. (I don't like the hard floor.)

It's time for me to get on the treadmill. My stomach feels and looks so fat!
Everyone have a good day.
Old 11-27-2004, 04:12 PM   #38  
Susan

Hi,
It's real windy here too but the temperature is just perfect. Nothing exciting going on. Pat's hurt his back so doesn't feel too great and we are just hanging out here.

Tina, wow I'm impressed that you got out yesterday even if it was to Walgreens. I hate to shop and especially in a crowd.

Tammy, I'm glad you didn't go to the basketball game. I'm sure those bleachers would have been killers on you.

Man, I need to do some stomach exercises too!!!

Susan
Old 11-28-2004, 11:00 AM   #39  

Talking

I guess I shouldn't have mentioned my stomach in the same week as your Thanksgiving.
I hope you all had a great holiday. Its my weekend off and I am making some Christmas cake as gifts for my clients. I wish I had a low calorie cake recipe. Has anyone ever tried making one with applesauce instead of fat and splenda instead of sugar?
Old 11-28-2004, 08:44 PM   #40  

I have decided not to make deviled eggs twice in less than a week ever again! Or at least until after the carpal tunnel surgery!! The eggs are always a hit, so I have to make them though. They are pretty darn good, if I do say so myself! My nephew's girlfriend couldn't stop raving about them! Made me feel good.

Tina, I really need to start using the treadmill more often. I know that I can go up to the school and walk at night, but then I take a chance on running into the principal. That's something that I'd rather not do.

Susan, how is Pat's back? There are so many people with back problems lately. No fun! I know I'd like to get to some basketball games this year, at least to hear the pep band. Also, my brother is an assistant coach at another local high school, so I'd like to attend some of his games. I guess I'll have to take cushions with me.

Mimi, lol to talking about stomach exercises this week!

I used to make muffins all the time using applesauce instead of the fat. I also used the nutrasweet stuff even though you weren't supposed to. I need to try them with Splenda. I'm sure they'd be great. They were really good the other way too. I usually made bran muffins. I even added bananas to the mix at times.

Have you ever tried an angel food cake mix (the kind where you only add water) and added a can of crushed pineapple to it? Back it like it says on the box. Delicious!!

Spice cake mix and add a can of pumpkin. This is yummy too. Sometimes I add water to this to thin down the batter a little. I usually make muffins with this.
Gosh! I sound like little Susie Homemaker here, don't I? Don't be deceived!!!!!!

Tomorrow morning I go for a mammogram. I don't have to be at school until 11:30.

By the way, I like that little Ticker Factory thing! of course, since I'm still up 5 pounds, I might NOT like it. I wanted to hit -50 before school started, only made it to -49. Now I'm at -44. I told Bob that I'm seriously considering joining WW again after the first of the year. I lost the 49 without doing anything but cutting way back on the carbs. Maybe I need to read the SouthBeach Diet book again and give that a go. Any advice from you lovely ladies?
Old 12-01-2004, 02:41 PM   #41  
Thursday Lady

Greetings!
Tammy, I like your recipes.

I'm starting the new thread now.

Closed Thread