Closed Thread

Old 11-30-2004, 09:03 AM   #1  
Running Babe

Default Tantalizing Tuesday

Good Morning all,

Everything is doing fairly well, I am tired though and have a few blisters so I am trying not to limp. Anyhoo, my weight is stable, my eating hasn't been 100%, but I haven't been pigging out by any means. I ran over 100Kms for november so yah me!

Anyway I hope all of you are doing well. I was sick Friday and away from my desk yesterday. It was nice to see you all posting.

Jess: hang in there!

Cheers!

Ali
Old 11-30-2004, 09:48 AM   #2  
Eve's Mom

Hey Ali! What were you sick with? I think I WAS sick on the weekend, not just morning sickness b/c I feel much better today - kept all food down thus far! Woo hoo on your 100km!! That is amazing!!!

Jess - that is a really hard thing you did, and I am sure those 9lbs are worth it. You are right, your weight loss will likely be easier with the other 200lbs (or whatever) gone. I found when I broke it off with Giles, I initially gained about 10lbs and then I lost 30,l just like that, and then another 20, later. So I know it'll work out. in the meantime you better give him a deadline - you need to move on - the weight is probably due to the added stress of having him around your house all the time and in your bed, etc!!! Be firm and don't let the guilt trips win!!! You are SOOOOO describing my ex, he was guilt-trip king. I heard a lot of "what will I do" "how can I pay my rent" and he was totally party all the time and never got off his kiester to get a good job, etc. He is STILL doing security for $7/hour, exactly where I left him 6 years ago. BUT last week he got fired for stealing slushies! I heard this from a friend that works at the building he is in.

Anyway, Aimee - fear not darlin. Drink your water and flush out those pounds. Focus on weights and stuff because they will firm your bod. And don't feel bad about SBD. It's not for everyone and your body obviously needs more carbs than that.

Kierie - how's it goin' for you? I know Ali said it did help her sugar cravings awhile back. See what she has to say!

Today I am feeling not as sickly and that is good since I have a LOT of work to do the next few days (but yet, I am here....typing away.....) hee hee bad me!! I have decided to journal anyway, and use it as an exercise log as well, and to record feelings/changes that come with the pg. Like the fact that I am busting out of the D39 I just bought (normally a C38) and feel tired all the time....

OK must run and actually work before rest of team arrives.

OH did any of you see the new Bridget Jones? I did -thought it was cute, not like the book though, and not as good as the first!

How about Polar Express?? I saw it in 3D, which was neat. The jury is still out on that one...but I did enjoy it.

OK really leaving. BBL
Old 11-30-2004, 10:05 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

Belle - I am a 38C too! Sometimes a D. I just thought I would pass that along I think you should journal, that way you can look back over what you were eating and doing, it'll be interesting As for doing weights, I know it's bad, but I try to avoid them as much as I can.. I just don't lose muscle mass when I stop exercising. So my arms are HUGE! And at 262.5 pounds I'm in a size 18 (20 in Old Navy's non-plus size dept, is it me or are their sizes not quite right?). I will definitely start drinking some water, and I got some advice to drink sugar free grapefruit juice, which should help flush my body out, and I'm going to squeeze some lemon into my water. I'm totally desperate here.. lol. I'm also going to stop with the caffiene and try to stay away from the bubbly drinks. And of course, those WW points!

Ali - 100Km's? woah baby! Thats impressive! When I was thinner I found that I didn't have to eat 100% all of the time, and that if I was exercising everyday I was maintaining my weight fairly easily.

Whoops, I'm off to shower... bbl!

-Aimee
Old 11-30-2004, 10:49 AM   #4  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Morning Ladies
So Far So good! I'm definitely looking forward to slowly adding carbs back in. Yesterday I had bad caffiene and sugar withdrawal I decided I'm going to keep caffiene to once a day if i feel like that today. We hit the grocery last night and i got SBD friendly food cottage cheese more veggies boca burgers eggs peanuts I couldn't find almonds!
But the thing i'm most proud of, I bought DH alot of his goodies too including his frozen pizzas last night we got home late and we wanted somethign fast and I didn't give into pizza! i had a boca and a SF jello
The Bonus of SBD over Atkins is you can have real veggies not just salad
I'm going to check on the SBD forum to see if i can have lemon juice b/c i'll make some sweet and low lemonade.
Ali my god woman you are a fitness machine!
Belle I'm a 38C too, I want to see Bridget Jones! we almost never hit the movies.
Aimee it sounds like you're right on track I'd be careful with the grapefruit juice just because it's highly acidic
OH! at the doc yesterday they gave me BC i used to be on so after i fiish this pillpack i get to start the new one
and the doc scale (which always weighs heavier) says 200 so thats fine I'm going to buy a scale and get back to onederland!
Love
Kierie
Old 11-30-2004, 11:34 AM   #5  
Running Babe

You know what I am craving? Pringles.... it reminds me of Christmas since as a kid we'd only ever have Pringles at Christmas... Silly eh? I am thinking of taking Friday off to decorate my abode, I shall see.

Belle: sorry you were sick... I had a really bad cold I think basically... aren't you glad you moved on from your ex now? see all the wonderful things you have now. I saw Bridget Jones, cute, quite different from the book but good.

Aimee: I am trying to up my water in take too.

Kierie: God for you on your food choices!

Cheers!

Ali
Old 11-30-2004, 12:02 PM   #6  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

ooooh pringles! when i was in ireland they had curry pringles
soo good
Old 11-30-2004, 02:09 PM   #7  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Default Good Afternoon!

Hi, ladies!! Tonight will be the last night that Aaron spends at the apartment. (He has to be out by tomorrow). Not that he'll spend much of it there--he'll go out with him friends and come home at 4 a.m. again like he did last week. I'm going to have all of his stuff packed up for him tonight because I'm afraid that if I don't, he'll never get the motivation to do it and will never leave.

I'm going to the Y tonight with a couple of friends from work. I have to start getting in the habit of going again and it'll keep me busy when I start missing Aaron.

Ali--That is AWESOME that you've run 100kms this month--you are such a role model! Pringles at Christmas????

A friend and I went to see Bridget Jones last week and we both really liked it. There were guys in the theater (with their girlfriends, of course) that seemed to really like it, too.

Belle--I can't believe how much Aaron and Giles have in common--they whine about how they don't know where they're going to go but don't look for anything because they're too busy goofing off. Heck, the even do the same kind of work--Aaron does security, too. Moving on is definitely a good thing for me.

Hey, guess who else is a 38C (thanks to my plastic surgeon!)! (I just wanted to share that. Before I was so big that my bra size wasn't very common.)

Aimee--To help with the water weight, avoid sodium, too. I've even taken a water pill, too, in hopes that it would help.

Kier--Way to stay strong in the face of the pizza! It wasn't so hard, was it? And it's so rewarding to know that you said no! (Now, if I could just remember that myself when I can't say no to food that I want).

OK, ladies, I gotta get back to work now. See ya!
Old 11-30-2004, 05:27 PM   #8  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Being Far From Angelic I just replaced it with something else I liked had the choice been spinach (which i love but it is a veggie) I doubt i would have had the success, but BABY STEPs
I journal my food on a different thread and I'm going to start journaling in a book so i can include things about my day stress etc. I'm sucking with being active. But thats next!
Good idea to pack his crap can you put it in the hall too or throw it out the window? it takes a while to get rid of a human suck and from what you say, thats what he is.
Old 11-30-2004, 05:35 PM   #9  
Eve's Mom

Jess - insert theme from Rocky (as Kier would say). You go, be strong and don't let any guilt trips keep him there!!
Closed Thread