Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2004, 10:01 AM   #1  
Thursday Lady

Default Thursday Chatters for November--Give Thanks

Good day to everyone,
Maureen and Mimi , when is the Canadian Thanksgiving? I just assume that y'all have one. Hmmmm..... I hadn't thought that maybe you didn't.

For anyone new, this is a great group of "losers" who love to talk, talk, talk. Come on and get lots or laughter, tears, encouragement, and above all a feeling of "you can do it."

We have new members on the weigh-in thread--Sherry and Heather .
We haven't heard from some members in a long time----where are you Stacey ?
Maureen , it's nice and cool this morning, 55. You would love to walk in this weather.
Tammy , I hope you can rest this weekend. But, you probably have an event at Tim's school.
Susan , you are a strong woman. You are very wise getting out at least once a day. Are you enjoying getting back to Curves ?
Sis , is this your anniversary weekend?
Mimi , are you going to re-do another room?

Question---what is your favorite winter recipe?????
Mine is stew. I'll figure out the ingredient amounts and post it.

Tina
Old 11-05-2004, 02:40 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 169/153.8/135

Height: 5'3"

good afternoon all

I just got back from weighing in and I'm up.4 - I stuck to program and did a lot of walking so I'll just see what happens next week. Disappointing but I really do feel better when I watch what I eat.

To answer your question about our Canadian Thanksgiving we celebrate it on the second monday of October.

Well, have a nice weekend and I'll be back here on monday

maureen
Old 11-05-2004, 09:08 PM   #3  
Susan

Hi Friends,

For anyone new, we are an AWESOME group!!!! And as Tina said, "we love to talk."

Maureen, Tell us about the Canadian Thanksgiving. I hate to sound stupid but do you do a traditional turkey and dressing dinner?

Tammy, I'm really worried about you!!!! Sure hope you are feeling ok.

Tina, what do you fix with your stew? I like the question about your favorite meal. Oh to answer your question, yes I'm enjoying going to exercise. I'm glad you think I'm strong because right now I don't feel real strong.

Mimi, what's new with you?

Susan
Old 11-05-2004, 11:06 PM   #4  

hi
My computer appears to have resurected from the dead(for now anyway)
Susan, we celebrate thanksgiving pretty much like you do(turkey, cranberry sauce, stuffing pumpkin pie etc)
again I hope everyone has a good weekend

maureen
Old 11-05-2004, 11:28 PM   #5  
Thursday Lady

Hi,
Maureen, Yea for your computer working!!!!!

Susan, we have Jiffy Mix cornbread with out stew. Sometimes I like to get those Trappeys mild peppers, too.

Maureen, that stinks about gaining! I bet you have a good loss next week. Maybe your clothes were heavy.
Old 11-08-2004, 10:13 AM   #6  

I gang. Sorry that I've been MIA lately. Last week I had so much going on to prepare things at school for a sub for Fri. and today. I also was getting things ready to go for the Emmaus weekend. Wed night was set up at the church, so I was there until about 10:30. Came home and went straight to bed. Thursday I had to be at the church by 5. Got home from school and took a short nap to prepare for the weekend.

The weekend was a blast. I laughed and cried so much. I feel that my faith has deepened once again. I'm exhausted from too little sleep. I slept until 9:30 this morning, and I'm ready for a nap. Our band banquet is tonight, and since I'm the president of the boosters, I have to take make a short speech. Am I prepared? Nope.
Whatever comes out of the mouth is what they are going to get. lol

Tim has been busy with school activities and Arby's. He usually works about 15-20 hours a week at Arby's. This week he'll be very short with all of the school activities.

Well, I'm heading for a short nap. I have a doctor's appt. at 2:30.

Tammy
Old 11-08-2004, 10:51 PM   #7  
Susan

Hi,

Hope everyone is having a good day. The weather here was great today. I worked out in one of the flower beds. It still has a ton of work still to be done. I took one of the cats to the vet today while the other 2 that needed to go hid under the bed and wouldn't come out. They will go later in the week (if I can catch them)

Tammy, You are so busy! Don't over do it. Is your medicine helping? It sounds like you had a good weekend.

Tina, I like to make chicken and dumplings. It is so easy, I use canned chicken broth (add in a few buillon cubes), pepper, precooked chicken and canned biscuits. It's really easy but so good.

Maureen, aren't computers strange. I would be lost without mine.

Susan
Old 11-08-2004, 11:09 PM   #8  
Thursday Lady

Evening,
Susan, I can just see you and your cats. I think that under the bed is the favorite place they go. The only way I can get mine out is to run the vacuum in the room. That gets him out as he's scared of it.
Did your cat get a good report? I hope so.
You should come do one of my beds.

Tammy, I'm glad you had such a good weekend.

Tina
Old 11-09-2004, 09:38 PM   #9  

Oh my gosh! I am cracking up about the cats hiding under the bed! What a hoot!!!

I've been trying to get rest when I can. The medicine helps some, but the cooler weather is really making things ache more.

We have conferences Thursday after school until 8:00. I have no idea how I am going to make it without falling asleep. Should be interesting.

i think I'm hungry for chicken and dumplings.
Old 11-09-2004, 10:08 PM   #10  
Susan

Hi,

Well, took 2 of the dogs to the vet today. It's vet week, still have to take the 2 hiding cats and 1 of the other dogs. At least the dogs don't hide

Tomorrow is Seamus' 4 month birthday. I'm going to take a balloon and flower to the cemetery. Sure wish he was here to give him a hug and kiss. He'll be having a grand ole party in Heaven with my grandmothers and grandfathers.

Tammy, sorry about having conferences. Maybe you won't have many parents and you can take a nap.

Tina, has it started getting cool down there yet? It's suppose to be in the 30's tomorrow night. How strange our weather is here in Texas! Don't you just love it?

Off to watch NYPD Blue.

Susan
Old 11-10-2004, 07:40 PM   #11  

The cats are still hiding?? Oh my.

My heart still aches for you and Pat over the loss of Seamus. You are so right though about him in Heaven with the grandparents.

We are booked solid for conferences from 3:30-8:00 this Thursday and the following Thursday. We really don't even have a restroom break, so we'll have to take turns.

30's tomorrow night? Are you sure you aren't in Ohio?

Well, I need to go get some papers graded. Fun time!!
Old 11-10-2004, 08:38 PM   #12  
Thursday Lady

Good evening,
Tammy, when do you have time to eat??? Maybe being busy is good for the waist?

Maureen, how are you today? I missed hearing from ya. you have me spoiled now.

Susan, you will have cold weather tonight. On Fri. and Sat. nights should be in the high 40's here. We might have a shower tomorrow ahead of the coolness. I hope it doesn't rain. The city is reparing the sidewalks. They tore out the whole sidewalk in front of our house. I'm soooooo happy. However, they are just now ready to pour the cement. I don't want any rain. We haven't been able to get into our driveway for 4 days.

Sis and Sherry and Mimi and Heather --- what is going on? Is everyone able to stay OP?

Tina
Old 11-10-2004, 08:49 PM   #13  
Susan

Hi,
Wow, it's pouring down rain right now. Didn't think it was suppose to rain until tomorrow.... but then the weathermen are never right anymore.

Tina, hope they get your sidewalk fixed soon. What a mess! Are you having to park in the street?

Tammy, make sure you take a snack with you! Hope the conferences go good.

I feel so fat! I'm having a hard time staying on program. I am going to exercise everyday. Tomorrow, I'm going to stay on program!!!! Even if I have to post everything I ate for the day.

Sis, Sherry, Mimi and Heather.... we miss ya'll!

Happy Birthday Angel Baby! Seamus, soar with the Angels!! Momma loves you!

Susan
Old 11-12-2004, 04:34 PM   #14  

good afternoon

I really blew it this week but tomorrow starts a new week(I've been weighing in on fridays-not today though). I'll get back on track. Get journalizing and really watching.

Glad everyone's okay and my computer at home has finally died I think for good this time so I'll be back either tomorrow if I come in here or monday

have a nice weekend if I don't get here tomorrow

maureen
Old 11-13-2004, 07:58 AM   #15  
Sis

S/C/G: 306highest/281/265.5/180

Height: 5' 5"

Hi all. Sorry I haven't posted here in a while. I have been doing better. I made myself go back to WI last week. I had only gained 2 lbs. I was ok with that since I had been blowing it. I am doing better now. I didn't WI this week because of TOM and I just didn't want to see another gain. But I think I am down some. I still am dealing with some major stress but I am handling it a lot better than I was. Sometimes as the saying goes you just have to accept the things you cannot change. (But you sure try like all get out to change it in the mean time. ) LOL
I hope everyone is doing well. Oh yea, Tina, my anniversary was the 2nd of Nov. We went away on Halloween week end. After taking dd trick or treating of course. We had a wonderful time and that was where my 2 lb gain came from I'm sure. We splurged a lot that week end. But we did walk about 2.5 miles each day so that helped a little.
Hope everyone has a wonderful week end. Take care....Sis
Closed Thread