Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2004, 09:39 AM   #16  
Susan

Howdy,

Nothing new here. Yesterday, I worked on thank you notes. Actually for a majority of the day, I sat at the table staring at them. Today, I feel like I'm barely hanging on. I keep thinking of Seamus. Guess I'll have days like that for awhile, they are getting a little easier.

I'm eating all of my points and have thought about doing the CORE program but just don't know if I could do it. Have any of you tried it? How was it?

Sis, glad you are back. We've missed you.

Tammy, how were those conferences? I know you are exhausted.

Tina, How is Smokey feeling these days? I still haven't made it to the vet with the other 2 cats.... just call me "chicken". I will this next week.

Have a good Saturday

Susan
Old 11-13-2004, 04:41 PM   #17  

Tina, we were supposed to eat at 3 when school was out, but the food didn't get there until 3:15. What a pain!

The conferences went better than we expected. Hope next Thursday's conferences go that way too.

I keep saying that I'm going to start journaling, but I just never do it. Lazy I guess.
Old 11-15-2004, 11:47 PM   #18  
Thursday Lady

Hi all,
Sorry I've been quiet around here, too. Lots of things are going on in my life right now.
Susan, Smokey seems to be doing pretty good right now. Some days, he eats a lot, like he used to do. Then, sometime he's really picky. I just wish I could get another 1/2 pound on him. He looks way too thin. I'm going to go buy him a birthday present. He is 15 years old now.

Tammy, I hope you get through with all your conferences very soon!

Hope everyone is okay.
Tina
Old 11-16-2004, 09:36 PM   #19  

This Thursday morning I meet with the doctor about the carpal tunnel in my right arm. Not looking forward to surgery, but I'm sure it's going to happen. After the appointment that morning, I can come home and take a nap before I go to school which is a good thing because of conferences that night.

Happy Birthday to Smokey! Maybe Kramer could spare a pound to give to Smokey. K is getting a bit big. I'm sure he's up to 17+ pounds. He looks better between 15 and 16. He's a dachsund. He'll be 11 in January.

Had our music booster meeting tonight. I'm the president. This is the first meeting that I've been able to attend since August. Things went fine.
Old 11-16-2004, 11:09 PM   #20  
Thursday Lady

I've heard there's a new way to do the carpel tunnel surgery. It's not supposed to be as bad as it used to be. Maybe your doctor can do it the new way. I'm so sorry you have to have anything done! It's good you can go home for a nap.
Congrats on making it to the meeting tonight. I'm so sorry you've had such a hard time.

Susan, what have you done this week? It's been raining on and off here.
Mimi, where are you?
Maureen, sorry about your computer. Keep us informed as to how you're doing.
Sis, You are strong. I know you can handle that stress. Exercise is a great help.

I wish Smokey had a pound or even 1/2 pound from Kramer.
Tina
Old 11-17-2004, 10:02 PM   #21  
Susan

Hi Friends,

It's been raining all day today. I didn't sleep good last night and have had a headache all day so I didn't do much. I tried to work on Seamus' baby book but had to put it up because all I could do was cry. I miss him so much! I told Pat when he got home and he said "it's too early to do that, wait."

Tina, I wish I was skinny like Smokey. I have a few pounds to give him. My big cat weighs 20 pounds and he isn't fat. He was kicked in the head by a horse about 10 years ago and he started growing again.

Tammy, sorry about your carpal tunnel. My grandmother had it and had surgery on it about 20 years ago. Surgery has come a long way since then.

Susan
Old 11-19-2004, 10:13 AM   #22  
Thursday Lady

Hi all,
It's so hard to believe that Thanksgiving (U.S.) is just around the corner.
I went out yesterday and bought our 19 lb. turkey. We always get together with the family. However, I like to have some food at home for us. I never get a bird this big but thought I wanted lots or breast meat this year.

I could live on turkey and dressing for weeks.
What's up with everyone?
Susan, are y'all going to your parents this year? I know it will not be easy for you but you will get through it.

Tina
Old 11-19-2004, 10:34 AM   #23  
Susan

Hi,
I can't believe that it's already this time of the year either. I'm leaving for my mom and dad's this afternoon and will be home on Sunday. We are having an early Thanksgiving. I didn't want to go but my brother insisted so we are going together. Pat's band plays this weekend so he won't be going. The 2 of us will have our dinner on Thanksgiving. I make it and normally have a friend or two come over.

Tina, Wow, 19 pounds is a huge turkey. How many will be coming over?
Tammy, do you have a lot of people coming over?

It sure has been quiet around here.

Susan
Old 11-19-2004, 10:05 PM   #24  

Met with Dr. Carpal Tunnel yesterday. I'll be having the surgery after the first of the year. He thinks I'll only have to miss a week or two of school. I asked him about 6 months and he just laughed!

Susan, I agree with Pat about the book. Give yourself some time.

We'll be going to my aunt and uncle's house on Thursday. My brothers still have their wive's families to get together with. Bob doesn't have any family in this area. My brothers and their families will be here the Sunday after Thanksgiving. Everyone brings something, so it isn't so much work. We even get a honey-baked turkey breast from the Honey-Baked Ham company. It is delicious!! Expensive, but yummy.

Finished up our conferences last night. Sure made for a long day. The conferences went much better than we expected, which was great!

My only plans for the weekend (so far) are to get some school work done, start working on getting some things straightened up around here! Ages ago I started going through clothes that are in the extra bedroom. I took some of the things that are too big for me now, and I gave them to a friend. I have a couple bags of things to take to Goodwill. Still need to go through some more though.
Old 11-21-2004, 07:46 PM   #25  

Isn't it great to give those big things away. I had to order a new bra yesterday, so I got out the tape measure. 38 D for me now the last one I bought (about 3 years ago) was 46 DD and I can't make it any tighter. I have bundled up a bunch of old slacks and tops and a few jackets for the Sally Ann box.
Things have been pretty quiet, trying to fit in work, school and family doesn't leave much time for computer. Its the big Canadian football game tonight so I have a little while to get caught up.
Does anyone have some easy stomach exercises? I have tried some modified sit ups, but the muscles are almost gone and I can barely get up from the floor.
It sounds like everyone is getting ready for Thanksgiving, so I wish you all a happy one.
Old 11-24-2004, 12:08 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 169/153.8/135

Height: 5'3"

good morning all

I haven't been doing too well lately as far as program goes. All I can say is that it's a good thing I walk a lot or I'd be the size of a barn.

My dh is in the hospital(since last friday) with viral pneumonia. He's probably out later today or tomorrow. The good thing about this is that he hasn't had a cigarette since friday morning and is talking about quitting.

I'd like to wish all my American friends a Happy Thanksgiving tomorrow and I'll be here later.

Oh yes as I look out my office window it's snowing a little!!

maureen
Old 11-24-2004, 12:29 PM   #27  
Thursday Lady

Hi All,
Maureen, I'm so sorry about your husband. I hope he gets well very soon.
Thank you for the holiday greetings. I'm about to put our turkey into the oven. We all eat at my sister's house and she fixes a turkey.
I like to have one of my own since there's none left of hers after our bunch finishes.
You will get back OP in no time. It's so good that you do walk. I've been using my treadmill more lately.

I wish everyone a wonderful day.
We had a terrible wind/rain storm last night. Our front yard is full of little branches and there's a big limb in the street. Fortunately, none hit my car.
We don't have snow but it has cooled off to the 60's.
Tina
Old 11-24-2004, 02:12 PM   #28  

Mimi, I can't get down to the floor, let alone get up from it!

Maybe you should have sent me some of your clothes!! I know my friend that I gave mine too was very appreciative, even though there were some things that didn't fit.

Maureen, give your hubby a hug from all of us and tell him to get better NOW!!!! Keep it up on the walking! I know how much it helps, physically and mentally.

Tina, good thinking about the turkey! My aunt always fixes a huge one, and there are some leftovers that she passes to us as we leave.

It has been raining here all day. It's in the 40's.
Old 11-24-2004, 08:13 PM   #29  
Susan

Hi All,

Hope everyone is having a good day and having fun getting ready for Thanksgiving.

Maureen, thanks for the holiday greeting. Sure hope your husband is feeling better. That's great that he has stopped smoking.

Tina, Glad the tree didn't get your car or your roof.

Tammy, you take care of yourself. I know it must be horrible to be in such pain. Takie it easy tomorrow.

As for us, we are having a prety low key day. I'm fixing everything but it will be just the 2 of us and one of Pat's friend who always comes. It's strange because I'm not in ANY holiday spirit at all. I'm not even sending out Christmas cards this year, and I get those out the day after Thanksgiving.

Susan
Old 11-25-2004, 10:21 AM   #30  

Susan, I can understand the low key day. We're going to my aunt's house, but it won't be as fun because one of my uncles is in the Heart Hospital. He went in yesterday, and the thing he is most upset about is missing Thanksgiving with all of us. The holiday spirit has been different for me for so many years. Ups and downs. Just a few years ago, I didn't want to do anything at all. No decorations, no cards. Bob and Tim took care of all of it. That was the Christmas after losing my parents during the previous year. This year I already told them that I'm not putting up as many trees. Usually we have 8 (not all big ones). They both said we'll manage to get them all up somehow.

Today it was hard to get out of bed. The back pain is bad today. I know I need to take some medicine, but I don't want to sleep through the whole day. That's what I may have to do.

God Bless all of you today and always.
Closed Thread