Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2003, 09:37 PM   #46  
Susan

That's a great feeling Sheree!!! You are going to do it!!!!

They usually don't call off school so early. It started sleeting about 1:30 today. Our back yard is covered. One of our horses keeps standing out in it. Pat finally went and locked them in their stalls. I feel better knowing that they are up.

SunnyD, glad you are back!

Ok, I just noticed that Pat took the scale away!!!! He told me that I need to stop obessing what the scale says! He is right but I didn't think he would hide it. How dare him
Old 02-24-2003, 09:44 PM   #47  
Just girl striving 4 thin

DOn't weigh yourself everyday...that will drive you nuts. I don't own a scale and glad for it. Just think you are doing great with points and excercise and you only loose 1 # what a drag but hey it is down 1 # and not up. AND could you imagine tracking that 1# all week long...that would be depressing to see the scale move a digit at a time... So once a week is a good amount and some poeple don't even do that. I do weather I am going to be up or down. I don't want it up (who does) but would rather it stay the same... Maybe the horse thought it felt nice...a back massage!! LOL So do you know where Graham TX is?
Old 02-24-2003, 09:46 PM   #48  

Well better go fix dinner for the kids and going to try a new recipe with stir fry and shrimp!!! MM MM Good! I need to drink a glass of water before I begin in the kitchen...to not munch! Take care,
Old 02-25-2003, 01:21 AM   #49  
Thursday Team

Default Brrrrrr

Ok its cold here tonight! A whopping 7degrees!! We got snow on Sun and some today, school was cancelled for Mon, and now Tues even. Unfortunately everything was cancelled on Sun around these parts...business' and church's were even closed. I was planning a birthday party for my kid and that of course got cancelled Stayed inside all day today...called into work

Sheree how did your new recipe turn out? It sounds like it would be good. I've never seen a moose (except on tv), but we get tons of deer in our yard here. They tend to be a pain when it comes to driving, but we never get tired of looking at them when we aren't driving.

Welcome to the thread Bright, hope you stay with us and chat. Like the others have said, we dont all weigh on the same day. I used to do Thur cause it was the only "lunch" time WI other wise I had to drive back to town at night and 30 miles 1 way was too far just for that. Now I weigh on Sat mostly.

Welcome back Sunnyd...hope your market research went well!
Funny you should mention buried in the snow...as I think I am, we could use some sunshine here.

Well its cold and late som I'm off to bed... hope everyone has a good day tomorrow...
Old 02-25-2003, 09:00 AM   #50  
Thursday Lady

Default Drip, drip, drip

More rain here-----
Sunnyd - we're so glad you are back with us.

Dee, Don't those deer eat everything in your yard---flowers, veggies, etc.? I'd love to see them, though.
When we go to my girlfriend's house, I see them. They live way back from the road and sometimes a deer will run across their road.

Kady, Glen, Sis, Cynthia, Maureen, how are y'all doing??????
Susan, boy, you lucked out with a day off. That way, no one will miss the TASS day. (is that the oneI mean?) And, tell Pat to bring back your scales.

Question for Sheree or anyone ----when you use your treadmill, how long do you usually stay on? I've been walking for at least 30 min. at a time.

Everyone, drink that water! Yesterday, I actually drank 8 glasses.
Tina
Old 02-25-2003, 09:15 AM   #51  
Susan

BRRRRRRRRRR it is just too cold for me!!!!! We got about 2 inches of pure ICE!!

Tina, can you believe him taking that scale? He said he will bring it out once a month for me He is too funny.

Sheree, I forgot I never answered your question about Graham. I have heard of it, but right off the top of my head I don't know where it is. I'm going to look it up.

Dee, was your daughter disappointed about the party? Will you move it to another weekend?

Sunnyd, how was the research? Is it all over with now?

I'm off to make something to eat and to take some pictures for my folks of the weather. They love to see them when it does stuff up here. However, Pat will be the one that will have to go outside. I walked out of school like I was 90 years old. A girlfriend hanging on to me and her daughter walking close on the other side. I normally am not scared but certainly didn't want to fall. At least not yet.

Stay warm!!
Old 02-25-2003, 01:35 PM   #52  

Default SNOW!!!

We got some snow last night...just in time because it sure was warm yesterday that it would have been icey this am! It just erks me because we just HAD the hill snow plowed and that dude isn't cheap
Answer: I used to walk on the treadmill 30 minutes now I try to up the speed and walk at least 2 miles around 43 minutes. I have the setting at 3.2 How fast are you going? If I go too much faster i will have to hold on wtih both hands to not fall off. I walked 60 mintues on sunday and went 3 1/4 miles.
Graham is about 45 minutes from Whichita Falls. Wow 2 inches of ice I would be afraid to walk too. That is a work out in itself. You hold your self so funny and tighten up your muscles to brace your self for a fall that when you are finally settled in your car or on dry land you loosen up and later on feel like you ran a marathon. I think you shoulld weigh yourself more than once a month you need some encouragement...by seeing the scale go down throught he month. It is tough to stay OP for a week..but when the numbers are down then you can go another week. I don't htink I could weigh in on monday because if the time to blow it would the weekend. What grade do you teach now?
Where we lived in CA we always had deer around our yard. my parents are big hunters if they ran one over they would toss it in the back of teh jeep and haul it into the garage to gut... I used to hate to walk in on that...I was not a hunter type...though living in AK I am sure it will change...I like to cook with the lean meat...moose/buffalo/carabou...very good for you.
Good for you Tina for drinking all htat water. I carry water wtih me all day long...but do better sometimes to just down a few glasses at a time. Of course after I work out I can down over 30 oz! That is when I get a lot of it down. You knwo funny thing I don't miss that soda I used to drink daily. I crave a DP every once in a while and you know what I get one! (twice in 2 months not too bad) I am really amazed at teh fact that I don't crave more foods...We used to eat out 3 times a week and have not gone out but 2 times also...
Hey that Shrimp recipe was teh bomb and it was low points too...Really easy too...want teh recipe???? You know moose are really an ugly thing...big and gangly just amazing to watch. It is a bit scarey and you know what were worried about teh bear when we first moved here but havent really thought about tehm On the other side of town there was bear situation...getting into the food supply. We live on a hill so thought hey maybe there are some hybernating bears up there...I guess though they like to eat blue berries and we have raspberries on our hill... wild raspberry jam....
Well my daughter woke up at 2 am throwing up and a high fever so I better go try some toast and see if she an keep it down. It is a hard thing to keep three kids away from each other...my hubby keeps telling me to keep them sererated... Not something they want to do... We just all (6 of us) got over that throwing up bug last week and here we go again......can I quaranteen her off in the house??? She won't think that isn't too funny.
My fingers go faster than my brain so I mess up words all the time sorry...I don't have time to go back re read to correct...I try to do it as I am typing.....
Take care and have a good day!
Old 02-25-2003, 01:44 PM   #53  

I like how we can change our picture under our name all the time...will keep you updated with new AK pictures...as I get them!!!
Old 02-25-2003, 04:42 PM   #54  
Thursday Lady

Good afternoon,
It's raining and cold here. At least we aren't having the ice. The line for ice is about an hour north of here.

Sheree, thanks for the new moose photo.
You asked about my walking speed-----I start out at 2.5 to warm up. Then, I set it at 3.0.
At different intervals, I speed up to 3.5 for about 3 min. at a time (and, I hold on ).

Susan, is there a grocery store or someplace where you can weigh? We have an old fashioned grocery near us that has a scale. I'm with Sheree, you need to weigh more than once a month.

Y'all take care and stay warm.
Tina
Old 02-25-2003, 05:32 PM   #55  
Susan

I'm going to weigh at school. He just doesn't have to know that I'm doing it. I'll find the scale sooner or later. I have a funny feeling that he took it out to the barn. He was taking some stuff out there for storage. We have a loft that has a/c and heating and we store stuff in it. I noticed the scale was gone when I noticed that my crutches and other things were gone. I know he is just trying to help but he doesn't realize that I need to see the changes.

Wonder if we'll have school tomorrow????? They say more sleet is coming tonight.

Sheree, I love the new picture.
Old 02-26-2003, 12:03 AM   #56  
Thursday Team

Here we go again with the snow We didnt have any snow today, but they are forcasting it for Wed and Fri again. I wish that ground hog would have stayed in his hole!! LOL. Yes, Im going to reschedule my daughter a bowling party once we are sure the weather is cleared up. She understood...and she got to go play in the snow.

The deer don't bother us, as I don't have anything good for them to eat. Unless they want to eat weeds I don't do any gardening stuff, and I live basically in the middle of a field, so they can eat all the weeds so I dont have to mow em!

Susan I agree with Sheree and Tina you need to weigh every now and then. I myself weigh daily and if I don't I will blow it off and then start gaining again like I did last year.

Sheree I hope you don't all come down with the flu stuff again. Yea it is hard to keep kids separate, and Im sure the sick one doesnt want to be all alone. Sounds like you have your hands full.

have a good day all...
Old 02-26-2003, 10:54 AM   #57  
Thursday Lady

How are all those in really cold weather??? It's cold here (for us, that is). It's 38 and drizzling. Brrr..... I'm tired of rainy weather!!!!!

Dee, IN my mind, I have a picture of your house in the field. I bet you have wildflowers sometimes, don't you? I planted wildflower seeds in my old veggie garden last year and really enjoyed them.

Susan, weighing at school is a great idea.
Kady, where are you girl?????

Tomorrow is weigh in for some of us. Good luck to everyone this week.

Tina
Old 02-26-2003, 01:19 PM   #58  
Susan

Hi Everyone,
It's another day off! I really wanted to go to school today because I hate the fact that we will have to make up 2 days now. It never got above 28 degrees yesterday. Hope it starts to thaw here.

Tina, I don't blame you about being tired of rainy weather. I don't mind rain but I don't like cold and rainy. It goes right through you.

Dee, having deer would be nice. I know they can be a pain eating everything. I'm glad your daughter wasn't upset about her party.

Sheree, how is Alaska? I also love the new moose picture. Thanks for sharing with us.

Hope everyone is doing well?
Old 02-26-2003, 06:42 PM   #59  

We've missed 5 days of school so far this year and we've had about a zillion 2-hour delays. We have 5 extra days built into our schedule, so as of right now we don't have to make up any days.

Last night on the news they said that last winter, this are had 7.5 inches of snow. We've already had 44.5 inches this year. And it's still February!!!

Still enjoying my trips to Curves. Also that Walk Away the Pounds video is alot of fun too.

Hopefully everyone has a great weigh in this week, no matter when you get there!

I haven't been on the computer much this week. Need to get out of that rut!! lol
Old 03-01-2003, 11:47 AM   #60  
Thursday Lady

Good morning,
I'm going to start a new thread. This one is really getting long.!
Tina
Closed Thread