Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2003, 08:31 PM   #31  
Susan

Hi Ladies,

Tina, I'm sorry you are down and out. Take care of yourself and get some rest!!

Sheree, you are doing great. I don't think I could live where it was so cold. When it gets in the 50's I'm cold.

Tina, I did talk to my friend today. He was surprised that I was certified to teach kinder. He said if he had an opening he would let me know. He would like for me to come after springbreak so we can talk a little more. He wants to fill me in on how it has changed since I last taught it. He is a great guy. So we will see.

Where is everyone? It's been quiet on our thread lately.
Old 02-21-2003, 02:25 PM   #32  
Just girl striving 4 thin

Wink TGIF

Hi
Auntie the cold does get to you but when the moose come in the yard like last night it makes it worth it or to see the Northern Lights is beautiful. My husband heard something last night ~so Mr. safety went to check it out...keep in mind we live 1/2 up a hill no neighbors! Come to find out a Moma Moose and her calf (tiny thing) was chewing on my frozen raspberry bushes... So he was all excited ~ me I looked for a minute or two then went back to ER! Then he comes running in the room again...come check this out. Apparently he was upstairs and when he came back down he was going to poke his head out the door to see where it went...and the baby moose was an arms length from the door chewing on a tree!!! If it weren't so dark the digital camera would have turned out great!! Moments like those really makes us enjoy being here...though it does make us nervous wiht the kids.. They don't understand to NOT get between a "cow" and her calf! We try to teach them though...anyway enough already huh!!!
Good luck on your teaching again...
Tammy what do you eat when you go Taco Bell? Are there things on there that go with WW? Just wondering. i have stayed away from eating out because I don't think I could figure out teh points. My hubby and I are going on date night this weekend....guess where we are going..... to see Jungle BOok before our daughter goes to see if MOnday for a B-day party. We like to preview the movies before the kids see them! Hopfully it is good. I wish this thing had spell check..I type really fast and dont' stop to correct anything used to spell doing it!!
Well take care,
Old 02-21-2003, 03:10 PM   #33  
Thursday Lady

Sheree,
Check out this web site for restuarant points. www.dwlz.com/restaurants.html. It's a lifesaver for me sometimes. That's really smart to check out the movies before your children see them. I remember that we went with our son the first time he saw an "R" rated movie......Pretty Woman .
You are soooo lucky to get to see a real live moose up close and personal.
I can say that I've been up close with stingrays. That's a weird experience!!!!!

Take care and enjoy your weekend.
Tina
Old 02-21-2003, 08:02 PM   #34  

Sheree, I have an old WW fast food book, so I use that when I'm counting the points. I really don't watch what I eat when we go out, because we don't go out to eat very often anymore. Sometimes I'll have a chicken soft taco and split nachos with my son.
Old 02-22-2003, 04:04 PM   #35  
Susan

Wow, what a sight to see Moose in your yard. I bet it is absolutely beautiful. And the Northern Lights I would love to see them some day. I love nature!!!

Ok, I ended up going out last night with 2 girlfriends. We had Mexican food, needless to say that included chips and margaritas. Today, I feel bloated like a beach ball. Can you say LOTS OF WATER!!!

Tina, are you feeling better?
Tammy, how is everything going?
Old 02-22-2003, 05:28 PM   #36  
I'm back again

Hello All,

Just dropping by to ask a question....

Is there a reason that you all weigh in on Thursday? My present weigh-in day is Tuesday and I'm wondering if I should switch days.

Can anyone fill me in?

Thanks,

"Bright"
Old 02-23-2003, 11:29 AM   #37  
Susan

Hi Bright,

I weigh in on Friday. No particular reason either. I used to weigh in on Thursday because that was the only time there was a meeting in my town. Now I'm doing it at home. There are a couple of us that don't weigh on Thursday but it doesnt' stop us from chatting here. We hope you join us.
Old 02-23-2003, 02:08 PM   #38  

I weigh in on Thursday here because it is the only noon time WI meeting!!
SO you can join in on the chatting if you like...
We LOVE To have the moose in the yard...BUT... teh kids can get hurt by them so it is a little nerve racking some times. We have to real careful in the summer. I can not just let them go out side to play..unless they are on the balcony. Moose won't go on the balcony. The dogs are good for warning us, so they usually go out with the kids. One day the kdis made it out in the yard and I investigated after a few minutes of silence (always trouble then huh) Well I went out and said get up here on the balcony and no kidding with in 15 minutes those two in the picture where in the yard.. I don't know if you have seen any in pictures up close but they are HUGE. They can weigh 800-1200 lbs! I had a fox run across teh road yesterday in front of my car. We love the northern lights too...can get cold and your neck hurts after awhile from looking. We decided that if we stay here and build then we are going to have a top floor room with windows and lounge chairs to Northern Lights gaze....
I really like DWLZ I will check out the restaurant section...thank you! String rays....yikes.. I have a fear of teh ocean can't see below us.
Old 02-23-2003, 04:14 PM   #39  
Thursday Lady

Happy Sunday to everyone!!!!

Bright , there's no one day better than another to weigh-in. I started weighing on Thursdays and thought I'd see if anyone else weighing that day wanted to "talk"

Like Susan said, some of the group weighs on different days now. We never kick out anyone. I'm glad you posted. Please write here if you can.

Sheree, I love that photo!

I am feeling good now, thanks for asking. I rested enough so it didn't get me down.

Hope everyone is thawed out now.
Tina
Old 02-23-2003, 08:08 PM   #40  
Susan

Evenin All,
I had a very eventful weekend. I went out Friday night with 2 girlfriends. Then last night went with Pat to see the band. They were great like usual. However, I am just a little partial.

Bright, we hope join us.

Tina, so glad you are feeling better. Is it getting cold down there yet? The cold front hit today. Winds were up to 22 miles per hour.

Sheree, Mckinney is about 30 miles north of Dallas, TX. I grew up in San Antonio.

Hope everyone has a peaceful evening.
Old 02-23-2003, 11:05 PM   #41  

Hey Susan: my MIL lives in Graham TX heard of it?
have you guys heard the phrase "pulling up" here on other threads? What does that mean?
Don't forget to journal.....and drink water.....excercise....
I went to a homeshow today...talked to a few different work out business...one was curves. I don't htink I have the time to do that. If I had all 4 kids in school then I could but right now I am going to stick to the free gyms on the Army post. I also talked to a lady about that big ball they roll around on!! Have you guys seen that? Pretty funny thing. I htink I would fall off on my rump!!!
Take care,
Old 02-24-2003, 05:46 PM   #42  
Susan

Hi everyone,
We have sleet here today. It's suppose to be ugly tonight and tomorrow. And it's writing TAKS day (It's the big test for test) Don't know what will happen if there isn't school. Oh well.

Sheree, I love Curves! It's the one thing that I stick with it. Just haven't been able to go since I had my partial knee replacement. I've done the big ball but you have to have some coordination... and I don't have ANY I like the idea of a free gym on the base. It's nice that ya'll can use it. Do they have a bowling alley too? I grew up in San Antonio a big military town.

Tina, how are you feeling today?
Tammy, what's going on?
Old 02-24-2003, 07:17 PM   #43  

Default back to the land of the living!

Hi Ladies,
Have been away for the past little while doing my market research for school so have been out of touch! Have returned to the land of the living and back on the program-how's everyone else doing (hopefully you're not buried in the snow/sleet)! Have a good week!
Old 02-24-2003, 08:20 PM   #44  
Susan

Can ya'll believe it school has already been cancelled for tomorrow! My principal called at 6:30 and said it's off. I hate to have to make up the day but would rather do that than drive in the ice.
Old 02-24-2003, 09:17 PM   #45  

Default Bad weather

I hate to hear about bad weather...we are actually having temps of 33 or so which is GREAT! BUT not so great once things begin to melt then freeze at night! Uggh. makes for awful driving conditions. At least you know before you wake up in the morning. We have to turn the radio on and check the news for Fairbanks.
Welcome back SunnyD Are you OP? Great for you to jump back into it. I am afraid to go off track for fear of not getting back on track. I have this drive to lose weight...I don't know if it is the money I spend each week at teh meetings or if it is I have just finally decided to get off my rump and do something. I am really excited because I put on these jeans that I usually get a tummy ache after a few hours from how tight they are on me. I can actually put both of my hands at my tummy and still have room to spare. These are going to be my pants I hold up after I loose enough weight. You know how you see those pictures of the people holding these huge clothes next to them. Are those really real???? Well I am going to do it!
Closed Thread