Old 01-03-2011, 12:42 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi Princess - I am fine, just took a few days off from the computer since I am on it fulltime most of the time. Your chicken recipe looks amazing, something new to try, thanks.

Just getting ready for my lunch which is a "big salad" with tuna on top, so that should be good. Breakfast was a smoothie and lots of water in between. Supper is grilled salmon, rice and some kind of veggie. So under control. Planning on getting in a walk tonight at the indoor centre.

Hope everyone is back on track!
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 03:20 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 204/204/155

Height: 5'7"

Happy Monday Turtles!

So - I've been perusing other threads here at 3FC. What are your thoughts on mini-goals and rewards for reaching them?

I think that mini-goals can be more than just losing X number of pounds, but also adding activity and healthy foods.

As I'm very new to the group - just wonder what everyone thinks.

Lizzie
FetchLizzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 03:31 PM   #63  
just do it!

S/C/G: 269/150/150

Height: 5'4"

Lizzie, I am all about the mini goals! I need the regular feeling of success and achievement to keep me motivated. I've setup a list of weight loss and fitness goals for myself (scale and NSV) so that I can achieve regularly. I'm able to take motivation from the fact that I'm almost always just a few more pounds or a couple more weeks away from another achievement. Right now I have had some rewards set up that will continue to help me on my journey....like my reward for achieving 40lbs lost was buying the fitness video games I picked up yesterday.

I'm interested to hear what others have to say!
peanutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 10:00 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Lizzie: Count me in! I need all the help I can get! I will pop back online tomorrow morning to see what is going on here and that will give me time to figure out my mini goals!
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 10:25 PM   #65  
Chick

Lizzie,
Yeah----I'm all for setting mini goals. It was very important for me to break 200# and then to go ahead and break 190#. My immediate mini goal is to get back to the 188.2# I was right before Christmas. I know I can do it!

We've had a bunch of crazy things happening here----just modern life, but it's not fun when it hits. Turns out that my car couldn't be towed by AAA in the snow last Tuesday. Dh and I needed a taxi home. Then place car was towed to couldn't even look at it till today. Turns out the defective part was still under warranty at another dealer, so we had to have car towed again to the second dealer. Agh! I hope this isn't going to be the way all of 2011 goes. LOL. What am I proud about? I'm proud that I didn't eat over this. I also had two marshmallows for 1 point+ and then threw out the rest of the bag. Important for me to do that. And I need to remember that fruit is free and always available.

Yay! Let's do this in 2011!!!
Judy
234.6/188.2/170's and thinner tomorrow I'll start a new thread. this one has gotten very long.
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 08:05 AM   #66  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Good morning everyone! Another cold day here but it is clear and you can't ask much more than that this time of year. Tonight I am going to an Aqua Fit class at the gym then home to have some leftovers for supper with DH.

We saw True Grit last night - OMG - what performances by the two main characters! Oscar quality in my opinion - loved it and would see it again.

Well I got on the scale this morning and it is showing me up... hmm, I must be doing something wrong and will have to read through the material again and double check points on everything again to make sure that I am getting it right. Supper last night was salty and dessert was included but I accounted for the points - will just keep at it!

My mini goal: I would like to hit my first 5% loss on the new program and then my reward will be to treat myself to a manicure.

Judy: Ugh - car troubles are always drama filled aren't they... I hope it gets better soon! Love your mini goal! A huge congrats on throwing away the treats, that is a big solid move for you and I am super proud of you!

Bandit: I totally understand steping away from the computer for a while... I am on mine all day at work, pretty much none stop except for meetings so it gets old after a while and I need a break - glad you are doing well though and that the holidays were enjoyable for you and your family. Did you do any shopping on Boxing Day?

I brought a large salad with some chicken on top with a low cal dressing for lunch today along with some grapes, and I have lots of fruit and a couple of triscuts in my desk drawer for snacks so I should be good to go.

Have a great day all!

Last edited by Princess1122; 01-04-2011 at 08:08 AM.
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 08:21 AM   #67  
Chick

Hi All,
I'll see you all on thread #246 Bale of Turtles Starting Fresh!
Love,
Judy
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote