Old 12-21-2010, 04:51 PM   #16  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Bandit, enjoy your Ladies Group tonight. You'll make great choices. You're doing so well! Your Christmas sounds really nice.

Princess, I bet you're looking forward to Christmas Eve. Yay! I've got most things done. Thursday night the kids are coming over and we're heading to a lights display that should be good. I'm going to make a crockpot stew for when we get back-----or maybe before we go depending on when the kids can get here after work. It should be fun. Then we'll be in the holidays for ernest. Talked to my ds and he and his family are all planning to come a few days after Christmas. I'll handle the food a day at a time. Those stinkin' cookies are calling to me. Maybe I should put on earplugs. LOL.

Everybody have a good day and good days. We'll all do the best we can!
Judy
234.6/188.2/170's and thinner
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 07:16 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Good morning everyone and happy Wednesday to you all! Very sleepy today, we had DH company Christmas party to go to last night and I was up way past my bed time so when the alarm went off at 4:30 this morning I thought it was a really bad dream... but it wasn't... ugh.

Tomorrow is my target day to go to WW and get signed up, I did the registration paper work online and then printed it off so that is all done - tonight is packed with errands again so Thursday after work will be better. Not sure if there is a TOPS meeting or not but the leader seemed to think that there would not be when she called me to tell me that the last meeting had been cancelled due to bad weather so we will see how it all works out.

Judy: Sounds like you have some really fun plans in place with your family... enjoy yourself! The cookies are calling to me too, and they won't shut up - LOL - Love the holidays but am always glad when they are over. Enjoy your time with your family and safe travels to you!

Bandit: Your plans sound wonderful! I don't know much about Boxing Day but having movie day the same day sounds like a blast... enjoy your time with your family and be safe in your travels!

All: Hope everyone is doing well - or as well as they can. Hard to believe that we are at the end of December and another year has passed already... boy it went quick!

Last edited by Princess1122; 12-22-2010 at 07:17 AM.
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 10:55 AM   #18  

Well it is weigh-in day. Lets see i am not sure if i weighed last week or not but the last number i remember recording was 237.0 and today i weighed. 235.6 so that is 1.4 down. Not great for two weeks time but i am very grateful that it hasn't gone up.

- to all that have lost weight.

- Just wanted to say a quick hi to everyone. My mind just isn't in the mode for writing personals.

to everyone.
CherryAutumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 12:28 PM   #19  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Cherry : weigh to go! You're doing great. : I wish I had done as well as you are when my babies were young. Happy Holidays!

Princess and Bandit, you're doing great! Merry Christmas and lots of ho ho ho.

Just back from my WW's mtg. I lost another pound. Yay! One of my ww friends gave everyone a magnet for the fridge. It's a picture of Santa, and he's saying,"I see you when you're eating!" Isn't that funny?
Gotta run and enjoy the afternoon.

Love you all. Let's have a happy and as sensible holiday as we can and I'll see Less of you all in 2011.
Love,
JUdy
234.6/187.2/170's and thinner
Old 12-22-2010, 01:43 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi turtles:

Cherry - congratulations on your weight loss, that is great! Keep up the good work.

Judy - you too, awesome to have any kind of loss at this time of year.

All - tis the season, enjoy & lets do our best,

I had my ladies social chinese dinner last night & it was such a fun evening.
There were 21 ladies you came & we did secret santa & then played a game where the gifts move around and you end up with different one than you started. For my dinner I ordered a spring roll & steamed chicken chop suey with 1 glass of white wine, so not too bad overall.

Have my company potluck tomorrow & I might bring some devilled eggs - everyone seems to like those and they are pretty low-cal as well.

Anyway, weather is pretty good right now so thankful for that. My cousin and her dh are coming tonight to drop off gifts, so will nice to visit with them when it is quiet.

Have a great Wednesday!
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 07:31 AM   #21  

Good morning everyone and happy Thursday to you all! I made it to knitting class last night and got DH hat done that I was making for him and started another project. This next one is for me I think and is a neck warmer scarf that buttons and is made out of baby Alpaca, which is super soft yarn. Will give me something to work on in my down time this weekend - which I plan on getting come **** or high water - LOL.

I am leaving work a bit early today, I have to go to the store for some last minute items and finish the stocking stuffers. Then I am going to run to WW and get signed up, very excited about that! I will go Sunday to the grocery store to stock up on the items that the new material suggests, etc but want to read it first so I understand.

The very best and happiest holiday wishes to you all!
Old 12-23-2010, 07:33 AM   #22  

Opps, hit submit before I did my replies - giggle.

Judy: A huge congrats to you on the down a pound! That is just awesome!

Cherry: Great job!

Bandit: Sounds like you are having fun and enjoying the holidays and managing to do really well on your eating... fabulous!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 12-23-2010, 03:29 PM   #23  
Chick

Princess, great organization job! Whew! You're getting a lot done. I like the sound of down time. My dd and grandson are coming soon and we'll have a WW friendly dinner here and then head off to see a lighting display.
Glad you got your dh's hat done.

I've got another baby blanket in the works. It's a good thing for my fingers to be occupied----it's a little distracting and I can forego food if I'm distracted.

Cherry, Merry Christmas to you and yours! Keep up the good work.

Bandit, enjoy all you're doing. I love how you're working the points into your day. I'm looking forward to hearing what you all have to say about the points+ when you make the switchover. I really like it and it's working for me. It looks like I've lost another little bit. Staying away from cookies has been hard, but I'd like to delay "starting" on them for as long as possible.

Gotta run and make dinner, but I'm wishing you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. I'm here reading all the time even if I don't have a minute to chime in. Thinking of you all and remembering how much you all mean to me.
Love,
Judy
Old 12-25-2010, 08:39 AM   #24  

A very Merry Christmas to my bestest buddies.... the Turtles!

Here's to a very wonderful 2011 for us all!!!

All the best to you and your families!
Princess
Old 12-25-2010, 10:47 AM   #25  
Chick

Right back at ya', Princess!

Here's to a wonderful 2011----Hoping to see LESS of you. LOL

Love you all, Merry Christmas,
Love,
Judy
(Princess, it was so much fun to see a new message this morning)
Old 12-25-2010, 09:36 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 179/ticker/135

Like to join you Turtles if I may. I'll be back at WW on Thurs and on the way to living in the present and improving my health a bit every day.
kris2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 11:10 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 279/270/180

HI. Hope everyone had a good Christmas. Well it is snowing here, needless to say I am in the house for the day.

So even though I execised one day last week and have been eating anything and everything I wanted to. It was one of those weeks. I weighed myself ready to see how much damage I did. Surprised I didn't do th much damage. I still managed to loose a tiny amount of 0.3# which considering I thought I hd gained wieght not too bad. Hope everyone has a good day.

Last edited by life4evr; 12-26-2010 at 11:10 AM. Reason: correct errors. typing without my glasses.
life4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 01:40 PM   #28  
Chick

to Kris 2008! We'd love to have you chime in as your journey to weight loss and good health. Yay!

Life4evr, so glad to hear that you "thought" you had gained weight and you actually lost some. Wow, I am so impressed.

I noticed that my kids ate far fewer of the fattening things and I will rethink everything I make for our next get together. Today I am back on track and am thinking that any excess I had will simply have used up my extra points for the week. Gotta run, but wanted to welcome in Kris and to respond to Life4evr. Best of everything to all the turtles.
Judy
Old 12-27-2010, 08:22 AM   #29  

Morning all and happy Monday! I did not manage to make it to WW last week like I wanted to, the trouble with me getting there has a lot to do with it's location as it is very, very close to one of our large Mall's and hard to get to leading up to Christmas - and it is located in the same strip mall as a Target so the timing has to be just right - not to mention I was just running out of patience with people so I am going to try again this week then will start my W/I days on Saturday mornings like I used to do. Will still be going to TOPS on Thursday evenings also.

Christmas was nice but I woke up Christmas morning with a scratchy throat and by that night was very sick, stayed in bed for the most part yesterday and am at work today but still not feeling well... must have caught one of the many bugs that are going around.

Kris: Welcome! I think that you will like this group very much and we are thrilled to have you with us!

Judy: I found the same thing with my family, still have lots of cookies left over so if they are not gone by the end of this week I am going to bring them in here and put them out by the coffee pot... by Jan 1st I want a "clean" house... going to spend new years eve day going thru the pantry and freezer to get it cleaned up and ready for a fresh start.

Bandit: How are you doing? How was your Holiday?

Life: I know how you feel - we need to make 2011 our year! Really put some effort into it and get ourselves moving again...

Cherry: How are you doing, how was the Holidays for you?

While I was resting yesterday I was watching lots of TV and came across the movie "The Road" - I had never read the book because I heard that it was good but very depressing and dark so stayed away from it... well I have to say the movie was VERY depressing and dark for me - I could only watch it is bits and pieces then would flip the channel for a few minutes before I would flip back. Not sure if anyone else has seen it but that was what I thought about it... watch with care!

I have to run for now... Have a great day!

Last edited by Princess1122; 12-27-2010 at 08:24 AM.
Old 12-27-2010, 11:15 AM   #30  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Today is my dh and my 45th. wedding anniversary. Wow! We are snowed in here, so I'll be whipping something up for dinner instead of going out. That's fine, even better, for me. He and I are really working on getting the weight off and for once it's working.

Princess, so sorry you got sick on Christmas day. Not fun. Hope you feel better real soon. I like your idea of going through your pantry and ridding the house of all things "weighty". I'm going to do the same thing. For Christmas I made a reduced calorie cheesecake. I was the only one who had a piece and I threw the rest out. Not worth the 8points/slice and I knew I'd keep nibbling on it.

For New Year's, I've got a baked ziti in the freezer for N.Y.Eve, and then I've got a small turkey for New Year's Day. I've got to really watch it between now and then.

Best wishes to all the Turtles. Happy New Year!
Judy