Old 12-01-2010, 10:41 PM   #1  
Thursday Lady

Cool December Chatters for Thursday -- or Another Day

Ho, Ho, Ho,
This group used to mainly weigh on Thursdays. But, everyone is welcome. We talk about everything; help each other; and just have a great time here. Come on in and stay.

All that talk about food, on the last thread, has me hungry and it's late at night.
I went to my first meeting today. Boy, there IS a lot to read and digest. Be sure to buy one of the calculators. You don't figure points by calories, fat and fiber anymore. It's protein, carbs, fat and fiber now.
It was fun to have a fruit today, without worrying about pts.
I'll be staying home tomorrow waiting for the electrician and tile guys. One of our travartine tiles, in the entry hall, has already cracked! It's being replaced. Need the electrician to do some work in the second bathroom. I'd rather Larry be home to watch these guys. I don't like it.

Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 05:16 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good morning all! Tina thanks for the december thread! I was gonna sleep in until 5am before starting work but I have an interview today for an internal position that I'm really excited about so I couldn't sleep so I just got up early and started working instead. So keep your fingers crossed for me because this new position finally means a RAISE!! something I haven't seen in about 3 years now, lol.. so I'm praying I get it. After my interview today I should know in a week or two.

As far as the plan goes yesterday went great! We had chicken enchiladas for dinner and they were dellicious! I was left with 3 pts.. just wasn't hungry and no idea what to use them on.. anyone else finding they have leftover pts now?
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 05:31 AM   #3  
jeanne

Height: 5'4"

Ho Ho Ho.......right back at cha'!!!!

Good morninggggggggg....yawn...

Had a great night last night. It was "date" night. We went to Kohls and bought a new quilt and shams for our bed, then to the Olive Garden, where I thought I did amazing in asking them to not use butter, heavy oils, etc when preparing my meal (our waitress was amazing, very WW helpful. Bob left her a BG tip for helping me!) however......when I got home and did the points, my 1 serving of fresh garden sald was 9 POINTS!!!!!! Yikes! The full portion of herb salmon was 8 Points. Then we went to Heartwood Acres. It is a drive thru Christmas Light Spectacular. MMmmmm, it was just the perfect evening.

Hope you alll have a great day! I'm working at our mall store today.

jar1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 06:43 AM   #4  
jeanne

Made the peanut butter, banana on a toasted flat bagel this morning. Sooooooo good! I learned a vaulable lesson too! I don't have to have the serving amount of 2TBL. I wanted 2.....but settled for 1 and enjoyed it just as much!!!!!

peanut butter 1 TBL. = 2.5
banana = 0
flat bagel = 3
5.5 Points!!!
very doable!!!!
Old 12-02-2010, 09:33 AM   #5  
Thursday Lady

Good morning!
Spryng, my fingers and toes are crossed for you. From hearing how hard you work, they should jump at the chance to have you in the new position. (Want me to go with ya? )
Jeanne, I usually use 1 Tbsp of peanut butter. I nuke it to make it more spreadable and that seems to look like more pb.

I hope everyone can find our new thread.

Susan, how is your mom doing? Any news about a dr?
Maureen and Mimi, any snow yet? Brr..... I really don't like cold weather!
Dori, I understand that Justin wants to return to work--that's a man thing, isn't it!
farmgirl, check in.........

Oh, on this new program, there are no 1/2 points. Boo
My half pt. bread is now 1!!!!!
I'm getting kind of used to this calculator. I don't have an iPhone so I'll probably keep this in my purse.
Oh, I changed my tracker.
Old 12-02-2010, 11:54 AM   #6  

yes Tina I do want you to come along! LOL!! The closer 11:30 comes the more nervous I am! I've done these interviews before but it was for a position that I could take or leave, no biggie but this one I REALLY want, LOL!! so its exciting and scary all at the same time and if I don't get it I'll be bummed but I'm preparing myself for that as well, just in case I'm getting more used to the calculator too, everything I calc in my kitchen I've been marking with a permanent marker so I don't have to do them again, which has been handy

Jeanne, isn't it crazy how some salads are higher in pts than an entree is? But sounds like you still did well and had a great evening! and I LOVE getting new bedding! In fact I pulled my comfy feather comforter out for winter and put it on the bed, felt like new bedding since we only use it during the winter and it's so luxurious, love it! but I'd love to get a new bed set for spring, I went with a zebra safari theme this last time and its just not working for me anymore, lol.. I'm thinking soft light colors for spring
Old 12-02-2010, 04:44 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 153/151.6/125

Height: 5'4

Hey Everyone!
Hope ya'll have had a good day. Today is my Friday, so I'm happy. We have another bb game tonight and then football game tomorrow night. We are in the playoffs and Andrew is in the band, so off we go! I think games are taking up most of my time right now and I'm not getting much exercise in.

Jeanne, did you get the regular Olive Garden salad or a special one? I'm gonna die if the points amount on that is 9pts! I guess everyone is getting peanut butter and banana sandwich fever!

Spryng, honey, I hope you get that job! After 3 years you deserve a raise!
If I join ww online, is it extra to buy the materials?

Tina, I also just use 1 tbs of peanut butter. I'm used to it now. How are you liking the new plan?
farmgirl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 06:27 PM   #8  
jeanne

farmgirl - yes!!!!! I'm sure it's the dressing. I picked my croutons off!
Old 12-02-2010, 06:48 PM   #9  

thanks farmgirl!! the interview was intense, tons of hard on the spot questions but they seemed to like everything I was saying and I had lots of good examples for them etc so they said I should know one way or another in 2 weeks or so, so keep your fingers crossed! and yes if you join online but want the books etc those are extra but you can buy them online too if you want or visit a meeting for them

I am so glad this day is about over.. 12 hours of work and all the nerves from the interview I'm mentally EXAUSTED!!! but as far as ww it went great, I'm 2 pts under and have no idea what to use it on so I probably won't use them. I haven't had a snack in several days either, I just forget about them, lol. I do have a sweet tooth though tonight.. not for fruit though, I'm wanting chocolate but since I don't have any guess I'll just forget about it LOL. Well hope you all have a great evening!
Old 12-02-2010, 06:50 PM   #10  
Thursday Lady

Okay---In the new booklet, it says Olive Garden salad without the dressing is only 3 pts. However---the regular dressing is 5 pts. There's a low fat dressing that is less. I wonder if my OGs have the low fat dressing!
I'm not going to worry, though. I figure that I'll save up all my extra 49 pts. and blow it at OG some Sunday.
Old 12-02-2010, 07:18 PM   #11  
jeanne

so an 8 Point salad! Yikes! I didn't realize I could get the fat free....hmmmm. Thanks Tina!
Old 12-02-2010, 08:14 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 153/151.6/125

Height: 5'4

OMG!!! That is mine and dh's favorite place to eat!!!!! I'm probably carrying 10 pounds of og dressing!!!!!
farmgirl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 09:50 AM   #13  
Thursday Lady

Good Friday morning to all,

farmgirl, you are so funny about the salad dressing.
I cannot imagine what they put in that stuff to make it so many points!

Jeanne, I don't know if we have the low fat dressing, either. That's just one thing it said in the new booklets.
How's your new car? Still running great?

Maureen, you are way too quiet, girl. What's happening with you?

Dori, You Can Do This. One day at a time, they say.

Susan, how many days until Christmas break? Or Holiday Break, or whatever they call it now.

Spryng, Please tell us about the interview!!!!!

Well, it's another morning of electricians and , this time, sheetrockers. Next week, the painter will come. We had whole wall mirrors removed in the guest bath. The electrical socket was off center so they fixed that. Then, they had to replace the light switch thingy and cut more holes in the walls. I'm glad that everything is still under warranty.
Everyone have a great OP day.
Yesterday, I used 8 of my 49 pts. I want to weigh but know my scales are different from WW.
Old 12-03-2010, 09:54 AM   #14  
Just Do It

S/C/G: 193/ticker/120

Height: 4'10"

Good morning everyone. I have found a new favorite salad. The Baja Salad from Wendy's. I don't really know how to figure the points for it though. It comes with chili, but I don't put the chili on it. It's super yummy and very filling. The only thing I added to it was the Red Jalapeno Dressing (1 packet) and the crunchy tortilla strips. I also didn't eat the whole thing. I'm thinking it would be between 5 and 6 points, but I'm not super sure. Anyways.

Spryng - Hope you get the job. I teach Special Education at a local middle school, but I'm thinking about moving down to Elementary next year. We'll see.

Tina - Hope the electricians and other repair men were able to get their work done in a timely manner.

Jeanne - I'm going to have to try the PB and banana sandwich for breakfast. It sound divine.

Well I must run for now. My lovely rays of sunshine should be here soon.
Ladybug2680 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 02:54 PM   #15  

Good afternoon all! Another 12 hour work day here and I'm taking a break to pop in and to clear my head, LOL.. too much thinking today! LOL!!

Dori, that salad sounds good!!! I'm not sure on pts either though.

Tina, sounds like your house is busy today!! The interview went really well, it was all done over the phone so I couldn't see their faces to guage reactions etc but from their comments and such I think they liked what I had to say and I was very prepared with my answers etc so now it's just waiting to hear something, they said I should know within a couple weeks so now I have to practice being patient and that is NOT one of my traits, LOL. But even if I get the job it may not start until feb so it's no rush anyway. I just like knowing, lol.

I didn't know olive garden has other dressing to choose from! we just always get the classic olive garden salad which is delicious but now that I know I'm gonna have to check it out, lol.

Today is going really well on ww, I've had breakfast and lunch and still have 15 pts left for dinner so I'm thinking something with pasta to use those pts on. I LOVE pastas and breads so when I can fit the real thing in, that's what I do, lol.. I peeked at the scale this morning and it says I'm down 1.4 lbs which is awesome!! can't wait for my official wi!! Well guess I better get back to work.. I got another 2 hrs and 45 min until I can call it a day and I'd say TGIF!! except I gotta work 9 hours tomorrow so I'll celebrate tomorrow, LOL.