Old 12-27-2010, 12:44 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 204/204/155

Height: 5'7"

Default Room 4 one more?

Hello Ladies - I've been looking for one good thread to join & follow! I will be re-joining WW with the new system tomorrow & needless to say - very excited to get all of the latest info!

I been reading through many of the threads - searching for a friendly, supportive group with ladies that have the same types of goals as I have.

I'm 50 years young with around 30 pounds to lose &want to do it right with a change at how I view food & exercise.

So, hope you have room for one more!

Lizzie
FetchLizzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 01:39 PM   #32  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

to Lizzie! We'd love to have you chiming in. Our starting weights and ages vary a lot, but the one thing the Turtles have in common is that we're all wonderful people (really, we are) and we all believe in never giving up----even when the going gets tough. Come join us and talk about your journey. When you're doing well, chime in and we'll celebrate with you. When things aren't going quite so well, chime in and we'll offer solace and advice----things that worked for us when we were down. In any case, welcome to you and our other newbie who joined yesterday. I love having new members.

We're regrouping after a blizzard here in NY. Dh used the snow blower. He said it wasn't too bad since it's warmer out now. Gotta run to celebrate our anniversary, but wanted to say hi to our newest member and send and to all of us.
Judy
234.6/188.2/170's and thinner

Last edited by Itryharder; 12-27-2010 at 01:39 PM.
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 02:12 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Judy: A huge congrats to you and your DH on your anniversary! Enjoy!

Lizzie: Welcome to our group, I think that you will like it here and find the support that you are looking for... welcome aboard!
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 10:18 AM   #34  

Welcome to Kris2008 and Lizzie. It is nice to see new members.
CherryAutumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 03:45 PM   #35  

Default Getting Started

Hello Ladies and thanks for the warm welcome!

I just got back from getting signed up for the new program at WW.

Found out I was kidding myself about my real weight - I need to lose closer to 50 pounds to reach my goal!

This afternoon, I plan on reading all of my materials and getting acquainted with all of the info I need to be successful1

I'm looking forward to sharing with all of you ladies and cheering everyone on to meet our goals

Here's to seeing less of everyone in 2011!!

Lizzie
Old 12-29-2010, 08:14 AM   #36  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Lizzie, we're happy to you on too!
Kris, how's everything going?
Cherry, how was your Christmas? It must have been fun with the little ones.

Yesterday was a crazy day. My hives have been killing me lately. I am mega annoyed because I've had good days, but my weight is back up again. Ugh. Yesterday our car got stuck in a parking lot, AAA couldn't tow us until today. We had to get a taxi to get home. Hectic and frustrating, but I'm okay. Dh was with me, so that made it better. Now I am thinking of WI tomorrow instead of today since today I would show a gain and tomorrow I might have knocked off some weight. Also, that would give me more of the morning to work with to get my car out.

I'm still liking the new program and am interested to hear how all of you like it as you get involved with it. Have a great day! Although I live near NYC, our roads are plowed. Our local roadmen did a great job. I guess I'm a fair weather type, because I'd like the snow to all melt away soon!

Have a great day!
Judy
Old 12-29-2010, 08:24 AM   #37  

Good morning everyone! Just a quick hello... I had a sore throat on Christmas day which has turned into a full blown cold - I missed work yesterday because I felt so crummy but am back today with a ton to get done. Have a great day all and I will try and hop back on again later.
Old 12-29-2010, 11:55 AM   #38  

I ordered a WW kit on ebay and I am waiting for it to arrive. I am hoping it will be the kick start that i need. It wasnt cheap and i dont want to waste that money by not doing what i should.

Lizzie- Can't wait to get to know you.

Hi to Kris, Princess, Judy, Bandit, Life4evr, Peanutt, and anyone else i may have forgoten.
Old 12-29-2010, 06:00 PM   #39  

Default Day One

Good Afternoon Everyone!

Yesterday, I read through the material and got acquainted with my points plus calculator. I cleared out my cupboards & freezer - sent all the tempting stuff into my husband's office. Must say that I was pleasantly suprised that there wasn't as much as I thought there would be!

Today, I went to Costco and stocked up on some of the essentials. Picked up some fresh fruits & veggies, chicken breasts etc.

Went to the gym this morning for a great workout and plan on heading out to Zumba tonight.

I do have to let everyone in on that I am in a very good situation at the moment when it comes to making a change in the way I approach food & exercise. I landed a job in which I work very very long hours during the season (April-October), but have the option to take a few of months for myself during the off season (Jan-March). Tommorrow is my last regularly scheduled shift for the next couple of months and I have made the decision to focus on my health over this time.

My goal is to change and replace my bad habits so that when I go back to the long hours I still eat properly and make it to the gym.

I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you in the new year.

Lizzie
Old 12-29-2010, 06:30 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 279/270/180

Hey hope everyone had a good day today. So I went back to work today. I do home healthcare as a nurse aide. So usually i dont eat until i get off I dont wake up hungry. I usually jus have a banana. So I did that. Needless to say worked kicked my butt. I really left work feeling like I had a gym workout and about to starve. I am trying to get my motivation together for the gym tomorrow. Yeap that i my fly by update. Everyone have a good evening.
life4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 09:31 PM   #41  
just do it!

S/C/G: 269/150/150

Greetings Turtles!

Sorry I haven't stopped by in a while, but the holiday whirlwind really took over! I hope that I did well over all the holiday meals....I'll WI on Saturday and find out. I tried to make smart choices, minimize the portions and have fewer treats and snacks. Back on track now and onward and downward!

So nice to see new members jumping in!! I look forward to sharing in a wonderful and healthy 2011 with all of you ladies!
peanutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 09:21 AM   #42  

Good morning everyone and happy Thursday to you all... today when I leave work I am going to WW to sign up again... I have the registration form filled out and ready to go and they are open extended hours today so come **** or high water I am getting there TODAY! I am very excited that it is going to be a new year and I am going to make this MY YEAR - I have the smoking behind me now I need to work on weight and exercise - I have grown so stiff due to lack of exercise that it is just plain sad to think about how far I have slid backwards... oh well, new year and new way of living my life. I have my game plan in place and now it is onward and good things await! DH can either get on board with me or just plain get out of my way.

I sure hope that everyone has a great weekend and a very Happy New Year!

Cherry: I just have to ask - sorry - but how much are the kits going for on Ebay? Good luck to you, I am going today to restart and am super excited - don't want to get on the scale but at the very least the number will motivate me!

Peanut: Glad to see you are back and looks like you are back on track - awesome!

Life: I need to get back to the gym too... that starts on Sunday for me!

Judy: How are you doing? Any plans for this weekend?

Bandit: Hope you are doing ok - have not heard from you in a while - any plans for this weekend?

Lizzie: I have done Zumba before, it is fun and the time goes by quickly - have fun! So can I ask what kind of work you are in that you are able to work seasonal hours? Having a few months off is nice! When I was really young I worked for a chocolate company and we worked seasonal hours - but our time off fell over the summer kind of like a teachers would, hated that job but loved the time off - LOL.

Take care everyone!
Old 12-30-2010, 12:18 PM   #43  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Well, just like that my plans changed again! My ds and his whole family came down with a stomach virus---not fun and they won't be able to make it here for New Year's weekend. We'll miss them and I was looking forward to seeing them all. We'll have to make arrangements for another weekend in January or so.

Princess, good luck with the new program. I think you're going to like it.
Hey :balloon: for giving up smoking. I hear you about your dh. In the end we are the ones who have to make choices and set goals for ourselves. If he is on the same path, even better. But if he detours or decides not to take the journey, that's his decision. I love your attitude for 2011!

Peanutt, good to see you back again. You've lost a wonderful amount of weight. Glad to hear about the small portions, etc. That's all good stuff. Now onward and downward for all of us! :

Life4evr, working is like exercise, isn't it? You put in a tiring day and it's good to have less weight to carry around. You've done great so far. Here's to a great 2011 for you and all of us.

Bandit, is it boxing day yet? We don't celebrate that here in the states. Movies all day sounds like a great plan.

Cherry, hope you like the new WW's program. It's interesting to me and helps me put a perspective on what I'm eating and why.

Lizzie and Kris, tell us a bit about yourselves. I'm so happy to see that you'll be taking this journey with us----the Turtles.

For me, I'm a grandma. I've been my right weight many times but was never able to keep it off. An emotional eater, I look for food when times are bad. I've been on www.3fatchicks.com since 2000 when I rejoined WW. Along the way in that amount of time I came to terms with the reality that I really didn't want to lose weight. When I came up and over the reason for clinging onto my weight, I realized that I'm a grownup now and can handle the changes of losing weight and feeling better about myself. I'm proud of my weight loss, wish it would go faster, and am willing to make the new WW program work! That's it for now, but I'll be back soon. Redoing my New Year's Eve plans, etc. for a smaller group and it'll be fine and it should still be fun.

Aliez, how are you doing? Cheers to all the Turtles----those who used to post and stop by now and then--and to all the current Turtles. Let's get it done in 2011!
Judy
Old 12-31-2010, 06:44 AM   #44  

Hello everyone and happy Friday to you all... and happy New Years Eve!

Well I made it to WW yesterday, got all signed up and got the new info along with a calculator so now I am just going thru it all and making out my grocery list for later today. I get the online etools because I signed up for the monthly pass but she must not have given me the access number because I can not seem to get them set up... will keep trying as they really are helpful.

Feeling a bit better after having a cold all week and am really looking forward to having this weekend to get myself back on plan and back to the gym... yeah! Dh and I am going out to dinner tonight and maybe to a movie, we both want to go and see True Grit so we will see how that all works out.

Judy: Yes! It would be great if DH works with me on this but to be honest I just don't see it - he is still smoking so he has that to deal with also but like you say, it is up to each of us and we can not hang our hat and hopes on others because it really is our path to walk no matter who walks it with us. Hope you guys are all dug out - out there.... we have had snow out here but not like you guys got out there... ugh! Very sorry to hear that your DS and his family is ill, that is just no fun at all and leads to more stress for them especially when the kids are sick along with the adult, all the best to them for a speedy recovery.

Bandit: I had to look up Boxing Day because I was not very familiar with it either and it sounds like a wonderful day for you to relax, etc. What I read said that it was a big shopping day but I think you had or maybe Peanut had already mentioned that. I hope that you enjoyed your holidays and got to spend time with your DD and the rest of your family.

Lizzy: I struggle with working longer hours at times and not taking the effort to still fit in exercise and healthy eating so I will be super excited to see how you do and how you manage it once you go back to a regular work schedule but for now I sure hope that you enjoy your time off!

All: Best wishes for a very safe and happy New Years to you all... I really hope that 2011 is great year for us all and that we have success on our journeys for a healthy life style - Bandit and Judy are great mentors for us because they have been on this road for a long time and really worked to find what worked for them and ran with it... awesome!
Old 12-31-2010, 11:00 AM   #45  

Princess- The kits on ebay are pretty expensive at least to me but it is my best option right now. They usually run between 60 - 85 with a calculator . I need the calc. to figure what points i get.