Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2002, 04:46 PM   #76  

Angry

Hi girls,

Can't really type. I got another cortisone shot. In quite a bit of pain right now. Be back tomorow.

Es
Old 10-25-2002, 05:55 AM   #77  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Es,
Ooh, sorry you had to have another cortisone shot...those are not fun. Hoping you're feeling better and hurting less. Take care and rest! : Good vibes coming your way. How has Pete been feeling?

Dianne,
How are you? And how is Willie? Hope everything's okay.

Ruth,
I come here daily to keep in touch with the friends I've made here. I know that it's the norm to post less when not on a losing streak....however I'd never be here if I followed the norm! Hope to hear from you, and Sandy, Janie, and Dianne regardless of what your scales show.

Terri,
Rob the jerk is gone! And congrats on the Steelers' win on Monday!

My sister is in town from Arkansas...her daughter has colon cancer, had to have some tests done, but as her husband is a U.S.Marshall and was sent to the Washington D.C. area because of the sniper situation and couldn't be here, she wanted her Mom here to be with her for the tests. My niece is doing okay; it's wonderful that she's got her Mom for a visit, now her husband will be on his way home also, thank God. I know that's a long explanation

I spent the day with my sister yesterday. She needed to make a shopping trip to Trader Joe's for items she can't get down there. We had lunch and a great visit. Doesn't matter that I just went down to see her, we found plenty to talk about!

Hi to Zoe

have a great Friday,
~Jen
Old 10-25-2002, 07:07 AM   #78  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Default Friday Morning

Good Friday Morning Bud's !!

It's a little after 6am and I thought I'd come in here first thing. I've been up for awhile but just having coffee, reading the paper, having a relaxing morning before I get myself ready and out the door to work. Greg is in a golf tournament today, Sat and Sun. His practice round was yesterday and they got rained out. It looks to be a wet tournament for them. But they're fanatics, they'll play anyway.

Jen ~ When people here 'colon cancer', they get so afraid because all of the stories we hear aren't good. Maybe you can relay to your sister and neice this story....my grandfather, my mom's dad, died of colon cancer. He was in his late 70's and the reason he died is because he had had problems for years and years and never got it looked at. My mom got a report that SHE had colon cancer but it was when she went to the doctor early. She is fine today, years later. So I pray that all is well with your neice and know that it isn't the DARK prognosis everyone thinks.

Es ~ Hope you are feeling ok. Those shots can debilitate you for days. Be well girl. How's your journaling coming? I use WW etools and love it. It will calculate everything for you. It's great!

Janie ~ The way I look at weigh in's is that if it stays the same, it's a PLUS. Down by a "point something" or the same is so much better than UP 2. Hang in there ~ you'll do it.

Janie, Terri and Ruth ~ How are you's guys doing?

Dianne ~ I'm starting to wonder about you. I hope all is ok with Willie. Where are you???

well, gotta run. Have a great Friday. Tomorrow morning is my WI so wish me luck.

Patti and Zoe <><
199.4/183/148
Old 10-25-2002, 08:11 AM   #79  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Thanks, Zoe, you're right. My niece was diagnosed with Crohn's disease when she was 11...studies show that colon cancer usually follows. She's 34 now, and due to the fact that she's had regular colonoscopies and treatment, she's living a very productive life. Is a teacher, has 2 daughters....definitely not the picture of illness that everyone expects.
It's great that your Mom caught it early and is healthy. Life is so good.
Good luck w/your WI.
~Jen
Old 10-25-2002, 12:07 PM   #80  

Talking

Hi Buddies,

I'm back to normal. No pain today. I'm a happy camper. I have to go for PT 3 times a week for a month. I hate it but I gotta do what the dr. says. I have an appt. at 3:00 today. Fun

Jen, I hope your niece will be okay. Sounds like she's a fighter. Pete's okay, the gym fanatic. It annoys me sometimes cause we hardly spend much time together but he has to go & spend at least 2 1/2 or 3 hrs. there. I guess it's worth it cause he looks really good. Even the men stare at him! It takes dedication & persistence. Something I don't have. I guess I'm jealous.

Zoe, how much is etools? There's 2 of them right? Etools & ww online or they're both the same? I'm still journaling. It's a pain but I'm trying to stick with it. I weigh-in on Sunday.

Well, gotta go pay some bills then go to PT & after that the supermarket.

I'll be back way later.

Love,
Es
Old 10-25-2002, 12:08 PM   #81  

Patti/Zoe,
Thanks for your sweet support. I know, I'll take a maintain over a gain any day!!

Zoe & Jen,
I didn't know that colon cancer frequently follows Chronn's disease. Steve has Chronn's. He keeps it under control with meds and has periodic colonoscopies but I didn't know that it increased his risk of cancer. SOmething more to think about

HI everyone,
I have a cold right now Feeling kind of crummy.
Hope you all are well.

Hugs,
JanieD
Old 10-25-2002, 06:58 PM   #82  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Hi all ~

Just got home and waiting for Greg to get here. I am wondering if he's going to be here for dinner (it probably would be a good idea to call his cell, doncha think?? ...) since he is in a golf tournament and I believe there is a dinner tonight. I'm going to get on etools and log my food for today.

Es ~ I think that etools and WW online are 2 different things. WW online members are those who cannot get to meetings and can use/buy into etools. To use etools, you have to be a current member, wheather online (I would think) or going to meetings. It's $12.95 a month ~ you can save a little if you buy 3 months at a time. The journaling there is great, calculates it all for you, no more looking up foods. And you can look up anything! It's a great tool. Oh, and there is a chart to chart your progress, showing that line going down, down, down. I need that visualy stuff.

Janie ~ I believe that colon cancer does in fact follow many crohn's disease patients. There is a woman who works for Greg and her husband has Crohn's and just recently had some colon problems ~ he has a temporary ostomy which they are hoping will be done away with soon.

Jen ~ You niece will be fine. Early detection is the key and she is doing everything she is supposed to do. I wish my grandfather hadn't ignored his problems. But thank God that we are more aware of colon cancer these days. Back then, no one even thought of that.

Hi to everyone else. Hope you have a great Friday evening. I'll check in tomorrow afternoon with my WI results.

Love to you all,
Patti and Zoe <><
199.4/183/148
Old 10-27-2002, 01:21 AM   #83  

Hi everybody.
Jen,
My prayers are with your niece. I am glad she is up on everything. What a time that family went through. Worrying about those dang snipers. Thank God they were caught.
Thanks about the Steelers. It was fun to watch.
I was mad that I couldn't enjoy Rob getting out. I started to feel for him.

Es,
I am so glad that you are pain free now. That must be awful.
I hope Pete is still doing ok.
The E-Tools and On-line are about the same. I belonged to e-tools first. Then I joined On-Line. On-line helps a lot with me.

Ruth,
It is great to hear from you again.

Poor Bruce. 3 weekends in a row he has had to go camping for Boy Scouts. The first weekend with Brandon, in the rain, the second with Bradley,in the rain, and this weekend with other leaders, no kids, for training, in the rain. He is not a HAPPY CAMPER.

I hope everyone has a great Sunday.

Terri
Old 10-27-2002, 07:05 AM   #84  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Good Sunday Morning!

It's 6:15am and I'm having my coffee and going to be getting ready for church soon. With the time change, I feel wide awake. Ha! Hope you all had a great Saturday. I tried to do some Christmas shopping but ended up buying for myself. I need to get my act together if I'm going to meet my own goal of finishing my Christmas shopping by Thanksgiving.

Yesterday was my WI ~ I lost another 3.2 lbs which gave me my 10%, over my 10% ~ a total loss in the last 7 weeks of 19.6 lbs! Ask me if I wasn't (and still am) dancing all over the house, front lawn and street... Thank you all for all your support. I love all of you!

Terri ~ poor Bruce. Is it cold there yet? To be camping in the rain has to be the pits. You need to be ready for him when he gets home ~ warm clothes, a nice warm meal......

Hi to the rest of you wonderful 40-somethings. Y'all must be so busy. I am going to church and then my 'plan' was to go to the office for a few hours but I don't wanna. I think I'll think about that a little more.

Have a blessed Sunday everyone.

Zoe and Patti <><
199.4/179.6/148
Old 10-27-2002, 07:09 AM   #85  

Angry

Hi Buddies

I am feeling so good I have to stop & knock on wood(tap tap tap)!
Seriously. I pray that it lasts. When I have pain in my arm I don't feel like working out & that makes me feel sick.
Did everyone change their clocks back? I love love love it now. It really feels like fall. I can't believe halloween is here.
I'm thinking about joining WW online.
The only thing is you don't get their materials. I'm really not one for the meetings. I could never get there & I hate going after work. We'll see.

Terri, we had so much rain yesterday. I stayed in all day. I convinced Pete not to go to the gym & stay home. We watched movies all day. It was great. Poor Bruce I'm bet he's not a happy camper.

Zoe, so WW online would be much cheaper. I have 8 prepaid coupons from the last time but I want to save them for 2003. You know they always change their program every year. In the meantime, I'll probably do the online plan. We pay $12 a week. You save alot doing it online. Except you can't chit chat but I'm not a chit chatter anyway.

DIANNE!!!! What's up girl! Stop in & say hi. We miss you.

Janie, I hope you're feeling better.

Jen, I'm so relieved they caught the sniper. Your niece's husband is home right? She's really something. God Bless her.

My buds, I'll be back later. Hi to the rest of the gang.

Hugs,
Es
Old 10-27-2002, 01:55 PM   #86  

Zoe. HA! I am ordering pizza.
CONGRATS to you~ You are cooking~ That is a WOWIE . You go girl! I'll bet you were dancing. Keep it up!!!!!!

Es,
I am knocking too. I hate pain. I also love turning the clocks back too! I can't wait to see what time it gets dark. No neighborhood kids after 5 from now on! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I do on-line. After registration fees it is like $9.00 something a month compared to $11.00 a week. Also if you go to Dottis site you can get the weekly topic. The regular girl is on her honeymoon so she is out for a little while and she has a sub and it isn't as in depth as usual but it gives you sme insight. Here is the
link :

http://pub121.************/fdottiswei...icID=243.topic

It is on the message boards. The thread is called "Topic for week".

Have a great Sunday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Terri
Old 10-27-2002, 04:59 PM   #87  

Smile

ZOE, WAY TO GO!!!! We must have been posting around the same time so I missed your post. Awesome!! What are you doing that you're losing so fast this time? I know it's prayer but what are you eating? Higher protein? Whatever it is, keep it up Girl. I am so proud of you. About Christmas, I haven't started my list yet. I guess it'll be one of those last minute gifts this year. Money is a little tight.

Terri, I'll check out the website before I sign off. Thanks Bud.

We went to the chinese buffet & the line was out the door. I think it's one of the best in Suffolk County & you can't beat the price. Weekdays it's $6.00 per person & weekends $7.00. What's so good about it is that you can eat so healthy. They have a salad bar & lots of chicken. Pete loves it. I kinda like it but it's hard to journal. No more than once a week for me.

Have a great evening.

Love you's,
Es

Last edited by EsRios426; 10-27-2002 at 05:04 PM.
Old 10-28-2002, 07:27 AM   #88  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Good Monday Morning ~

thank you all for the congrats. I really am feeling great. I wasn't 100% over the weekend but not horrible ~ just over my pts by a small bit. But that's what I do....I eat the extra points, THEN I bank them. I guess I do it backwards but hey, it's working.

Terri How was that pizza??

Es ~ I don't know if WW online is cheaper ~ I don't know how it works but I would think that you don't have to pay the 'up front' cost, the 'joining' fee. I love etools though and I would recommend it once you start going to meetings in January. And yes, they do always change something the beginning of each year. I think they are coming out with an updated "Eating Out" book soon.

Hi Janie, Jen and Ruth

Dianne ~ Hey girl....come talk to us.

Later you's guys.

Patti and Zoe <><
199.4/179.6/148
Old 10-28-2002, 09:47 AM   #89  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Zoe!!
You're doing so well Your stats are verry impressive. That backwards banking thing is working for you, I wouldn't change it either. This year I've decided to get the bulk of the shopping done early also; I'll leave 1 or 2 small gifts for the annual shopping trip Joe and I make in early Dec.

Es,
Joe would love that Chinese buffet. There are some in this area, but we haven't heard such great things about them.

Terri,
It got dark yesterday at 5 and I thought of your post I love when it does this, we tend to eat dinner much earlier! Hope Bruce survived yet another camping weekend! I had to laugh, Jess was a Happy Camper for a Halloween party on Saturday, her costume was cute.

have a good day,

~Jen
Old 10-28-2002, 11:55 AM   #90  

Jen,
AWW! I love costumes...on other people.
I'll bet she looked cute. What are your grandbabies going as?

Zoe,
Bruce and the kids devoured it but I saved mine for today. I wasn't in the mood afterall.
I call the backward banking "EATING ON CREDIT". I try to "PAY" the balance off at the end of the week instead of paying "INTEREST". I do this a lot too. It works.

Es,
I love ours too. I usually count the veggie delight
as 1 for any fats they put in it.

I bought my candy for Halloween. I bought stuff the kids love but I can do without like skittles, twizzlers, 3 Muskateers. None of that interests me. I put it in the witch's couldron and is in my closet waiting. No temptations. I plan on taking a couple reese cups from the kids bags and that is it. I will pre-plan for them so no guilt is involved.

Have a great Monday.
Terri
Closed Thread