Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2002, 05:49 PM   #16  

Angry

Hi Girls

The attorney is not my boss but I've known her for 12 yrs. so we are kind of close. My boss works in another office. I have 3 bosses She called me today from Florida. She had to go pick up her mother to bring her here. She's doing a little better. I have to keep praying for her & her family. We don't know much yet. I found out he was so decomposed that it was hard to ID him. I'll know more in a couple of days. He's going to be cremated(sp?).

Dianne, no matter what mood I'm in you always crack me up. What you said about Rufugia! You are too funny. Then about "the click"

Ruth, I understand now. So you're really Helen. Helena sounds pretty. I'm Esperanza Rios. If I could knock off the "s" I'll be River Very few people call me that. All our hispanic clients at work call me Esperanza. It's easier than Essie for them. Go figure

Janie, that In & Out Burger place sounds sooo delicious. : I wish we had it here. Ellen will always treasure your girls night out. Thanks for the I needed it.

Zoe, I like reading your journal.

Be back manana.

Love you's
Es

Last edited by EsRios426; 10-09-2002 at 05:52 PM.
Old 10-10-2002, 03:11 AM   #17  

Congrats Zoe. Great loss and on the passing of cake.

Es,
Sorry to hear of your friend's loss. That is so rough. So Young.
Hope Pete's schedule gets better.

JanieD,
Glad you had a great GDO. Britts and I are going out tomorrow.
Great bargains. Congrats!

Bruce has to leave for Fl. Friday morning and then straight to Houston from there until Wed. So we will be away from each other almost a week.

Someone at work made my husband an offer. They gave him the option to go to Iraq and be a weapons inspector. I freaked out. He asked a military person at Colorado Springs what she thought and she said "Look. Your wife did not marry a military man. She didn't have to prepare herself that this could happen one day. She didn't marry into that. It isn't fare to put her or your kids through that." He knew that but he wanted to hear it from someone that was objective. He admitted he was intrigued with the idea but he thinks he would have been apprehensive at the onset.

Well, I am going to bed.
TTYL,
Terri
Old 10-10-2002, 02:44 PM   #18  

Terri,
That is so interesting about Bruce, asked to be a weapons inspector. I know several of them from the lab here. They are usually not there for too long, several weeks at a time. They cycle them in and out. They also get additional hazardous duty pay. I do have to admit most of the ones I know who have gone don't still have kids at home. I only know one who took off and left his wife alone with the kids. All of the others their kids were grown. They also don't ask women to go to the middle east even if they have the expertise, because there are so many restrictions on what women are allowed to do there. It is really exciting to be able to have an impact on the global security. I am hoping that my job will be heading more in that direction.

Es,
I wish I could send you an In & Out burger. They are IMHO what fast food is supposed to taste like.
IF you guys ever get out to the west coast, you need to try it. I think they are only in CA, AZ and NV.

Zoe,
You have inspired me to get back on the wagon. I lost .5 lbs this week. Not a stellar preformance but it is a start. This weekend will be tough because we are going camping at the coast. The guys want to go abalone diving. Abalone is fine but the butter sauce really gets you. Maybe I can make some of my own with I can't believe its not butter.

HI to Sandy, Jen, Ruth, Diane etc,

Hugs,
Janie
Old 10-10-2002, 09:40 PM   #19  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Hi everyone...
Wow I've got a lot of reading to do to catch up!

We had a wonderful trip, and a great visit with my sister. It was everything I'd hoped it would be. Leaving her was difficult.

talk to you tomorrow,
love,
~Jen
Old 10-10-2002, 11:36 PM   #20  

JanieD,
The extra pay still wouldn't be enough for me to want him to go. I get nervous when he is in Washington D.C. I'd be a nut case if he went to Iraq.
Also congrats on the loss. That is fantastic especially with your gils night out.

Jen,
Glad you had a great time in the Ozarks. Sounds wonderful.

I saw Red Dragon with Brittany. I saw it last week but after I saw it we rented a movie called Manhunter. It was the Red Dragon with a different name and a different Hannible. It was made 4 yrs. prior to Silence of the Lambs. Will Graham (The head FBI Detective) was played by William Peterson (Grissom on CSI)
and Hannible was Billy Cox (Nowhere as good as Hopkins). It also had a different ending. It was interesting to see the first ever Hannible movie. But I wanted Brittany to see a better version and she wholeheartily agreed. It is a buyer.

Bruce leaves tomorrow. The kids go back to school next week. They had Fall Break this week. It has been fun. We went to Nashville yesterday and went to Pro Bass Shop in Outdoor World. It was amazing. We were freaking by all the stuffed animals and I mean stuffed. but other than that it was amazing. Then we ate at Joes Crab Shack. Brought back memories of Colorado Springs. That is the first place we ever saw
one or ate at one. Love that place. The waiters and waitresses dance and embarrass birthday people. It is so cool.

Have a great Friday.
Terri

Last edited by points; 10-11-2002 at 01:59 AM.
Old 10-11-2002, 08:07 AM   #21  

Morning Ladies,

Well, the weekend is almost here. I'm hoping I can get some things done around the house. I did absolutely nothing yesterday. Maurice took yesterday off because it was his birthday. We just sat around watching television and enjoyed being together. He works six days a week every other week, so we don't get alot of time together anymore.

Today I'm going downtown to the courthouse to view court procedings for extra credit in my business law class. We were going to do it yesterday, but it was raining, so we put it off.

TERRI, sounds like you guys have had a nice spring break. We are getting an Bass Pro Shop and a Joe's Crab Shack here in Bossier. I've never been to either, so it will be nice to have them here. We are a gambling community that is trying to build on the tourist business. Our boats are downtown on the Red River and both Shreveport & Bossier (sister cities) are trying to open entertainment district on one side and a family oriented venue on the other side. I live in Bossier, we will have a large Regal cinema, several Branson style theaters, restuarants, etc. On the Shreveport side of the River, they have gotten several restuarants, and they are getting several clubs. One is a disco, yes, I said "DISCO" called Poly-Esters. Isn't that hilarious.

JEN, where the leaves changing colors already. I've been wanting to go up into Arkansas, but my husband just doesn't have the time off.

DIANNE, well, according to my Spanish teacher, RUTH is RUTH in Spanish. Refugia means refugee, but I have seen it in the family tree, it was the closes looking name that I could see as being Ruth. LOL

Well, I need to run, I'll check in again later.

Ruth
Old 10-11-2002, 12:19 PM   #22  

Jen,
Welcome back. I am so glad you had such a nice time with your sister. How was the wine tasting? I love that too and I am so spoiled because we have 30 wineries within 30 minutes of my house, but Steve doesn't drink wine so I have to drag anyone who comes to visit.

Well I should find out the results of my biopsy today. I will be leaving for the coast right after so I'll have to tell you folks SUnday night or Monday. I am pretty optomistic. The dr was pretty sure there was nothing there when he looked at it.

Terri,
Thanks for the congrats. I still have those last few lbs to get to my goal. I have been hovering up and down since january. I know it's my own fault.

Have a great weekend everyone,

JanieD
Old 10-11-2002, 03:02 PM   #23  

Ruth,
You will love them both. We had fun.

JanieD,
I am thinking of you today. My prayers are with you.

TV Land is having a marathon tonight and it is SOAP. Remember that series in the late 70's? I loved it!!!!!!!!!!
Have a great start to the weekend.

Terri
Old 10-11-2002, 05:57 PM   #24  

Angry

Hello

Jen, welcome back. I bet your sister didn't want you to leave.

Terri, I remember SOAP. I think I'm going to rent Manhunter this weekend. I have a long weekend because of Columbus Day. Say hi to Britt I'm glad Bruce didn't take the offer to be a weapons inspector. Geeesh, you'd be a wreck & I wouldn't blame you. WTG Bruce!!

Janie, you're in my thoughts kiddo.

Ruth, we're getting alot of rain here in NY for the next few days. I don't mind. I didn't have anything planned anyway. We'll probably go to the movies tomorrow. Happy belated birthday Maurice.

Hi Dianne, Zoe & Sandy.

Have a great weekend everybody.

Love,
Es

Last edited by EsRios426; 10-12-2002 at 08:30 AM.
Old 10-11-2002, 08:43 PM   #25  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Happy Friday Evening!!

Well, tomorrow is Saturday, weigh day. I'm nervous but I have been so OP, I promise I have. Tomorrow is going to be a long day too.....I have a nail appt at 7am....yes, you heard that right, 7am!! Then WW meeting at 8am. I won't stay for the meeting unless I can see I'll have time. I am hoping to reach 15 lbs lost so I get a star....don't wanna miss out on that, right??? Then we have our company golf tournament. We have 2 a year, spring and fall, and that's the ONLY time I play. Anyway, we have to be there around 9am or before so I may have to RUN from the WW meeting but I'll let you's all know how it went later on in the day.

Jen ~ Welcome back girl!! So happy you have a great time with your sis. We're glad to have ya back.

Sorry I can't stay to post and address everyone. I have laundry going and the dryer is buzzing. It's going to be a busy weekend. Hope everyone is having a great weekend so far. Talk to you's guys tomorrow.

Me <><
Old 10-11-2002, 10:57 PM   #26  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Terri,
I would be a basket case if my husband were asked to be a weapons inspector....God bless those who go. What an interesting line of work Bruce is in, to be considered for such an opportunity. We've got a Bass Pro shop at the outlet mall; when we go, we coordinate our watches, Joe spends his time in the fishing store, and I shop at all the others, then we meet.

Es,
Yes, Kathie and I both cried when we said our good-byes. She is very happy there, but we were both emotional. Enjoy your long weekend!

Zoe,
Good luck golfing! Hope your weekend is great...let us know about weigh in.

Ruth,
to Maurice! Hope it was good. We were about 2 weeks early for the fall colors in Arkansas; didn't want to go later in the month, however, as it's Joey's birthday, then Halloween.
Glad your name is Ruth in Spanish, Refugia sounds too depressing!

Janie,
There were 5 wineries that we visited...am embarrassed to say we returned home with lots of wine! Very pretty countryside, most were small vineyards, one larger commercial one. I'd love to visit Napa Valley. My fingers are crossed for the results of your biopsy; glad your dr. is positive.

We've got the boys here till tomorrow afternoon; Jess had an endoscopy and a colonoscopy today. Precautionary, as she's had some problems. Good results, nothing to worry about. Took the boys to a pumpkin farm today, everyone's pooped.

later,
~Jen
Old 10-12-2002, 10:46 AM   #27  

Hi guys:

Jen - welcome back, so glad you had a good time with your sister. Now, don't drink all that wine at once - oh wait -you could have a party and invite us, we'll help ya out!

I feel like I need a drink right now. Willie is in the hospital. He had a problem with his boss yesterday and got so excited that he had chest pains. One of his co-workers called an ambulance and they took him to the hospital. The dr. said his blood pressure was very high and they gave him nitroglycerol (sp??) pills. When I got home from work there was a message on the machine telling me he was in the hospital, but not to worry, he was okay. Well, no one mentioned WHICH hospital he was in, so I had to start calling around and could not find him. Finally he called to tell me in was in the ER at a hospital I had never even heard of before.

Anyway, he said he was okay and it was just a precaution to keep him overnight for observation. He didn't even want me to come to the hospital cause it was pouring rain here and he was worried about me getting lost, probably, since I'm the WORST person in the world for directions and I had no idea where the heck this hospital was. He has a boss that everyone hates, he's just always on top of them, he's like 25 years old and doesn't even know the job they do, but he's the boss cause he went to college. Everyone has been complaining about him. I hope they do something about it now. Well, thank God he'll be home today and will take some time off.

Ruth I'm soooooooooo glad to hear you're not a refugee Ruth sounds so much prettier that Refugia! I'd stick with that if I were you

Es - I'm glad I crack you up - I do seem to have that effect on people Sometimes its not such a good thing - some people don't have a sense of humor and can take me literally. Oh, well, ya gotta laugh in this life, or go nuts.

Terri - I'm glad Bruce isn't going to take that assignment. You and the kids would be worried constantly.

Janie - I'm sure you'll have good news on your results. I'm thinking of ya.

ZoeGirl - Good luck with WI -- and you better have some really good looking nails to go out there at 7:00 a.m. -YIKES.

Hi Sandy - how are ya?

Well, let me go get ready to pick up willie. I hope he doesn't get excited again when he tells me what happened. I don't have any nitroglycerin pills on me

Hope you all have a great weekend. Talk to you's soon.

Hugs,
Dianne
Old 10-12-2002, 05:54 PM   #28  

Dianne, is Willie okay? What a scare that must have been for him & you. So sorry. These bosses, especially the young ones, need to chill. The office manager at my job has calmed down quite a bit. Lots of people complained about her. They even brought it up to the Union & I guess she panicked. Maybe this is what Willie's boss needs. My brother-in-law takes those pills but he has a heart condition. Does Willie? He needs some R & R before he goes back to work. You're just like me when it comes to directions. I hate driving as it is & if I don't know where I'm going I become a wreck! On the weekends Pete does all the driving. You're in my thoughts amiga.

We went to see the Red Dragon. It was soooooo good.

Jen, the boys must have loved the pumpkin farm. That was nice of you to take them. I know how much you love spending time with them.

Zoe, hope your weigh-in went well.

I haven't been on the computer at all today so I'm going to try & get as much motivation as I can from the weightloss sites. Not that I can't get here. I'm going to browse here also.

Have a nice evening.

Dianne, this is for you
Luv ya
Old 10-12-2002, 07:33 PM   #29  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Hello Bud's ~

Dianne ~ You poor thing, you must have been petrified. I'm glad that Willie is okay and pray that he is as good as new.

Just a quick note here ~ I'm so upset today....I missed my WW meeting for the first time since I started 5 weeks ago. I had a nail appt at 7am so that I could go to the 8am WW meeting because we had our company golf tournament at 9am.....well, the girl was late for my appt and I couldn't be late for the tee times. I am so bummed!! I did jump on my scale at home and it looks like it's about 2 lbs down but I won't make that official until I weigh next Saturday. UGH!!! I really didn't want to miss.....I can't tell you how annoyed I am, especially since the whole reason I went to get my nails done at 7:00am was so I could go to WW. <sigh> Ok, so I've complained enough.........

Have a great Saturday evening. Talk to you's guys tomorrow after church.
Old 10-13-2002, 01:51 AM   #30  

Dianne,
I am so sorry about Willy. I hope he is taking it easy.
I'll bet you were so scared. My prayers are with all of you!

Zoe,
Sorry about you missing your meeting. You had a busy morning.

Es,
Red Dragon was good wasn't it? I loved it. Wait til' you see manhunter. It is weird to see a different Hannible.

Jen,
Glad Jess had a good outcome. That had to be scary.

I took the kids to the Mall and we ate the lowfat sub from Subway at the food court. I took my own cheese from home.
We had a nice little day. We came home and watched the rest of the Soap Marathon.
I hate for them to go back to school. I will start doing rooms Monday. No housework this weekend.
TTYL,
Terri
Closed Thread