Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2002, 07:32 AM   #61  

Angry

Hello

Terri, I remember when they first showed it women all over the internet were saying anyone with that much money could have their own trainer if they wanted. You saw her house?! I'm not sure but that might have been her own gym.

Yesterday I felt so down. My arm is hurting again & I'm feeling very fat. I really need to do something. If I work this program the way I'm suppose to I stay hungry. I'm craving sweets most of the time. I'm not into vegetables. I like salad, broccoli, corn(so so)& green beans. I'm going to try & cut out carbs as much as possible. I know I'm going to struggle but if I don't do it this way I'm never going to lose weight. I don't feel attractive anymore. I never ever let Pete see me without my clothes on. I know I'm whining but I can't talk about this with anybody. Everybody thinks I'm always happy because I never complain, but Lord knows my self esteem is way down. Enough self pity. Let me dust myself off & do something about it.

I'll be back later.
Have a blessed Sunday.

Hugs,
Es
Old 10-20-2002, 09:14 AM   #62  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Zoe, Great loss! You're doing so well, I'm proud of you. The shoe thing made perfect sense to me...what a great reward. Your stats look great.

Es, Remember how much you mean to everyone around you....including all of us here. You've been successful in losing in the past; right now you're in a slump. We can't give up! Perhaps this is the low you have to get to in order to hear "the click"????I'm wondering how low one has to get. I totally understand the thing about not being undressed in front of Pete; I do exactly the same thing. And I thank God that Joe looks beyond the tummy to the real me. The past month has been a downward spiral for me. But remember we are NOT our bodies....we are beautiful, smart, sexy women. How we look is not who we are.
Cutting down on the carbs sounds like a good idea. I know what works for me...following the ww program to a T...journalling, H2O, and exercise. I know that if I do all of those, the craving for sweets subsides; now I've just got to do it. Good luck, if you want to do this/vent via email, you know where I am.

HI Terri, Dianne, Janie, Sandy, Ruth....have a wonderful Sunday.

~Jen
Old 10-20-2002, 03:10 PM   #63  

Smile

Jen, you're post made me teary eyed in a good way. Thanks for your support.

I got this from someone on another website.
This is what I needed to read today.
Don’t Confuse Disappointment with Disaster

Just as we experience many joys as we travel down the road to better health, we also face some disappointments in our weight-loss journey.

Perhaps we overate and are disappointed in our behavior. Perhaps during weigh-in we maintained or showed a gain and we are disappointed in the results. Perhaps we can't get motivated to exercise and we are disappointed in our lack of effort.

To think we will do this program without encountering some low points along the way is unrealistic. However, those unrealistic expectations are what cause many to quit before they reach their ultimate goal. We know we cannot walk the tightrope without falling off a time or two - yet we still demand that perfection of ourselves. We set ourselves up for failure because it's an easy way out.

Don’t confuse disappointment with disaster.

Stop thinking every minor setback is a reason to quit. A gain is not a reason to quit. “Just a two-pound loss” this week is not reason to quit. Missing your goal this week by 5 or .5 pounds is not reason to quit. Binging for an hour, a day, a week or a month is not reason to quit.

These are not disasters within themselves - but quitting because of these reasons is disastrous. How are you ever going to get healthier and fit by stopping? Halfway following your weight-loss program is better than not at all. And, always remember, you can always, ALWAYS get back on track as quick as you got off of it. Just stop what you are doing and replace negative behaviors with positive ones. Take control of yourself.

When you are faced with disappointment, just know it will all work out in the end if you keep your eye on your goal and your body moving forward. Success will ultimately come if you just keep pushing. You have to want this more than anything else.

When you are faced with disappointment, you first have to address it. Yes, it is frustrating. Yes, it can be hurtful. Yes, it makes you feel like quitting sometimes. Don't bottle up your emotions or try to push them to the back of your mind in hopes you are hiding them. Feel them. Explore why you are disappointed. Talk it out with yourself and with anyone else you feel comfortable sharing with.

Once you have brought your disappointment into the light, you will see it is not as intimidating as it was in the dark corners of your mind. You will see you CAN overcome it - it's not bigger than your desire to succeed. Yes, it is very real but it is not as disastrous as you imagined it to be.

After you have addressed your feelings, then work toward a solution to overcome the disappointment. If you binged, figure out how to avoid another one. What triggered you? If you gained, figure out what might have caused it. If it is an unexplained gain, just strengthen yourself mentally to realize you need non-scale victories to show progress until the scale catches up with your good habits.

Don’t confuse disappointment with disaster.

Be prepared for the bumps in the road and be flexible enough to deal with them. Take time for yourself - feel the disappointment and then move on to bigger and better things. Just remember, the only disaster would be if you gave up on something that holds so much promise of happiness and health for you.

Mental exercise for the day:

Identify some past disappointments you've had. Did you work through them and come out a better person, or did you throw in the towel and quit? How can you better deal with the disappointments that are sure to come in your weight-loss journey?

Be sure to remember the good when dealing with the bad. Make a list of all the positives you have encountered in your journey. It will help keep it all in perspective.

Last edited by EsRios426; 10-20-2002 at 03:15 PM.
Old 10-20-2002, 10:35 PM   #64  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Thanks, Es, I needed to read that. I've copied it for future motivation.
luv,
~Jen
Old 10-20-2002, 11:43 PM   #65  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Default Sunday Evening

Hello friends

It's late Sunday evening and I'm just about ready to settle into the bedroom with my book. Greg is out of town so I'm restless. I didn't do much today, just a lazy sort of day. It was cool and cloudy today so it felt good to just stay in. Church was wonderful this morning, as usual. The praise and worship part lasted an hour and 5 minutes!! Fabulous! I go to a charismatic church and if any of you do too, you know how wonderful the praise and worship part can be.

Terri ~ I never did give you your HIGH-5 for that wonderful loss!! WTG girl! Do you not just feel great??? Keep up the good work!

Es ~ to be honest, the only thing that made it "click" this time was that I put it in God's hands. I mean, I actually asked Him to help me with this and told Him that I was powerless ~ He's just so good to me.

Jen ~ yes, I have decided that I am going to reward myself with 'things' instead of food. I have about 30 or so pounds to go before my cruise in February and I really want to be down as far as possible. The shoes were a good choice in rewards, don't ya think???

Dianne ~ where you be girl??? I miss you. Come back, come back.

Hi to the rest of you great pals. Gotta run. Have a blessed Monday.
Old 10-21-2002, 08:49 AM   #66  

Good Monday Morning ladies,

I was in the process of posting this weekend and I was interupted, so I never got it posted and haven't been back to post since.

Hope everyone had a good weekend! Congrats Zoe on the continued weight loss. Terri, I'm excited for you, send some of that motivation my way please!! LOL

Hi ES, SANDY, JANIE, DIANNE and JEN, talk to everyone later.

Ruth

Last edited by short & sassy; 10-21-2002 at 05:37 PM.
Old 10-21-2002, 10:29 AM   #67  

Es,
It looked like her own gym. It was like a real gym. I could keep in shape too if I had her money and time.

You are such a great person Es. You are not alone. It doesn't really matter what size we are we always go back to these feelings. Remember why Pete fell in love with you. You are W*O*N*D*E*R*F*U*L!!! . Just keep it up. If you didn't try where would you be by now? In the 200's. Probably. I know I would be.
Closer to 300.
We luv ya!!!!!!! Hope your arm feels better.

Love that disaster post. I have it printed out. Thanks.

Thanks Ruth and Zoe for the encouragement.

TTYL,
Terri
Old 10-21-2002, 12:20 PM   #68  

Terri & Zoe,
You girls are awesome!! CONGRATULATIONS to you both!!

Es,
I am sorry that you are going thru a low time. I think we all do that. I loved the disaster message you gave us . It is so true. We all try to be perfectionists on this program. Remember that a journey of 1000 miles starts one step at a time.

Hi to Sandy, Ruth, Dianne, etc,

Hugs,
Janie
Old 10-21-2002, 05:02 PM   #69  

Angry

Hi Buddies

I tried so hard to get in the interent last night & I couldn't. I called David & he was having a hard time too. It was AOL.

Terri, you have been my mentor from the very beginning.

Jen, my pal, we pretty much go thru the same thing but you always have a kind word & you have never given up.

Patti/Zoe You're doing so well. It makes me so happy to see you losing. With all your struggles you finally heard that click. I can relate when it comes to Let Go Let God.

Dianne, mi amiga, the one that always makes me laugh no matter how bad my day was. Hope all is well.

Janie & Ruth who have made me realize how we've bonded. We are truly cyberspace buddies. I really appreciate all of you.

Well, so far I've survivied my high protein day.

Breakfast
3 egg whites with 3 salchichas(chicken sausage)
1/2 diet snapple.
6 pts.

Snack
1/2 Protein Bar
2 slices of turkey breast
4.5 pts.

Lunch
Protein Drink
4 pts.

Afternoon snack
1/2 protein bar
2.5 pts.

Dinner(not yet)
2 chicken thighs - baked
broccoli
6 pts.

0 carb choc.
3 pts.

Activity
firm tape, cardio & weights
55 minutes.

Total 26 pts
AP pts I'll save for the weekend.

So far so good. The best part is I'm not hungry!!!!!

Love you's,
Es

Last edited by EsRios426; 10-21-2002 at 08:20 PM.
Old 10-22-2002, 10:02 AM   #70  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Es,
Journalling is a key step, isn't it? Great job
It was so heart-warming to see how all the girls here rallied around you when you needed it....which is why this is the BEST thread anywhere!

luv,
~Jen
Old 10-22-2002, 08:01 PM   #71  

Angry

Hi

Just a quick hello. I'm so tired

Jen, we Fab. 40's are very special. How are you doing? All ready for halloween? As most of you know, I live in an apartment complex. I cannot believe the decorations! They decorate as much as they do at Christmas! So you know I'm getting a lot of kids!!! I'll be in hiding.

Going to bed.

Goodnight my buds.

Hugs,
Es
Old 10-23-2002, 07:07 AM   #72  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Default Wednesday

Hello my Bud's

Just a quick note before I head for the shower and off to work. Greg got home last night from his Nashville trip, was gone 5 days. The single life can be nice, sitting around, not having to cook, shopping at the mall after work. But now, bact to reality.

Es ~ I see the apt complexes around here and how they decorate for a holiday. WOW! It must be nice to drive in and see all the lights. I love lights. WTG on your journaling. I try to convince a friend of mine who isn't doing well with her program that the journaling part is SO important. I don't think I'd do as well if I didn't do it. Keep up the good work girl. You're on your way!! I'm proud of ya.

Jen ~ you are so right. This really IS the best thread and has to most supportive group of friends. I sometimes think that I don't contribute enough since my life is so busy at times and I'm not here like I want to be but you all have been a wonderful support ~ ears, shoulders and friends ~ this is the best place to come when I need a boost.

Thank you all for your cheers for me ~ Terri, Es, Jen, Ruth, Janie, Sandy and yo, DIANNE (where you at girl????) I love you all.

Keep up the good work girls. We will survive and conquer!!

Me <><
199.4/183/148
Old 10-23-2002, 08:53 AM   #73  

Yes. We are great aren't we?
I hope you feel better Es. That was a great day! "WEIGH" to go on the journaling. The exercise was awesome.

Thanks Janie. You are so sweet!!!

TTYL,
Terri
Old 10-23-2002, 07:40 PM   #74  

Evening ladies,

How is everyone?

ESSIE, it's great that your journaling. I can say that it was much easier staying on track when I was journaling!! I really liked the message you posted. Sometimes we seem to think that one little setback is the end of the world, when actually it isn't. And yes, I too think of you all as best cyber friends.

ZOE, I know what you mean, I sometimes feel like I'm neglecting the group. My life is busy, but I find that when I'm in a low period is when I'm less likely to post. I know that is silly, that we are all here for each other, promise I'll try to do better.

Hi everyone, JEN, DIANNE, JANIE, TERRI and SANDIE, hope everyone is doing great.

Ruth
Old 10-24-2002, 01:51 PM   #75  

HI gals,
WI this morning. No change again. I really have to get more serious about my journaling like Essie!

-JanieD
Closed Thread