Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2002, 07:09 AM   #31  

Question

Terri, now Manhunter is the 1st, Red Dragon the 2nd, Silence of the Lambs the 3rd & Hannibal the 4th? The only thing was, the movie was great, but I had a woman in back of me that was chewing like a horse!!! She made so much noise eating popcorn that I had to change my seat & I STILL HEARD HER!!! Geeeezzzzz SO ANNOYING! That's why I like to go on Fridays matinee cause it's usually empty. Pete's no longer off on Fridays so I have to settle for Saturdays.
How was the lowfat sub? You are too funnybringing your own cheese.

Zoe, I know how that feels. Once I was so psyched to go to a meeting & there was only one meeting that day cause of a holiday. Usually they have 2 in the morning. You've been doing great so your scale is probably right. Were you in our Halloween challenge?

Why oh why can't I give up the chinese food<sigh>. The other day I was 174 & this morning I'm 179.5 We had chinese yesterday after the movies. I would hate to have to give it up. I know it's water. I HOPE!!!

Well, I'm not sure what I'm doing today. The weather is so dreary. I have to go food shopping then I'll decide.

Till later

Love,
Es

Last edited by EsRios426; 10-13-2002 at 07:12 AM.
Old 10-13-2002, 12:31 PM   #32  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Dianne,
How's Willie doing now that he's home and relaxing? That is so scary, how awful to have a jerk boss be the cause. Take good care of your hubby He's in my prayers.

Es,
My kids love the Hannibal movies....I purchased the very first book, Silence of the Lambs, way back when it came out...read the first chapter and threw it away! I've never done that with a book before; it just rubbed me the wrong way. Glad you're enjoying all the sequels (and prequels?)
Don't fret the Chinese gain..you know it's temporary. Halloween challenge? Oh yeah I forgot about that.

Zoe,
Well, no meeting, but great nails! I'll bet you'll post a loss next week. Fingers crossed!

Terri,
I love the Subway low fat sandwiches; they make it truly easy to "be good". Bears stunk on Monday Night Football; we watched it at my sister's, only till the 3rd quarter...too depressing!

The full-time faculty did go on strike at my school; we've missed one week of classes already. I've been hanging in there, haven't withdrawn yet, and am now unsure of how this will play out.

I've got tons of stuff to do.....changing the closets from summer to winter clothes today. Had to turn the heat on this morning!

later,
~Jen

Last edited by Jenny523; 10-13-2002 at 12:34 PM.
Old 10-13-2002, 01:12 PM   #33  

Hi guys:

Willie's doing fine, thanks for all your thoughts, prayers and well wishes. He apparently had an angina attack, which I guess can be almost as painful as a heart attack. He has to take it easy on the stress right now. Would you believe his boss called the house to see how he was doing????!!!!!! I told him, you are the last person in the world my husband wants to talk to right now and hung up on him. Que cojones!!!!!!!! (sorry, but I really got pissed off). Anyway, he'll be out for a least the week and has to follow up with his own cardiologist. But he's doing okay.

Es - Isn't going to the movies so annoying all of a sudden. I mean you never know who's going to be sitting behind you doing something stupid. The last time we went to the movies there was a woman actually talking on her cell phone! Everyone told her to shut it off - or leave. How rude - I mean why bother going to the movies if you really just want to talk on the phone. Anyway, I'm dying(well not dying) to see "red dragon" and "my big fat greek wedding". I also want to see the movie with Dustin Hoffman and Susan Sarandon - the true story of the young actress, Rebecca Shaefer, who gets killed by a fan. I love both of those actors.

Jen - Its a bit chilly here too - had to turn up the heat. I guess we're finally in the fall. How are Brandon and Matthew doing?
And how does Joey like his new apartment? Are you still doing his laundry?

Terri - How many points are those subway sandwiches? Did you try the chicken terriyaki one - it looks so good on tv.

ZoeGirl - Sorry you missed your meeting, but your probably did lose those couple of pounds. You've been so on program. Don't know when I'll get back on program - I've been stuffing my face like there's no tomorrow. I don't have the cruise as an excuse anymore. Guess I'm in the "sabatage" frame of mind right now. Well, I'll get back soon, hopefully. Maybe I'll catch some of your motivation.

Hey ruth and Janie - how are you guys doing?

Today is laundry again - sheesh I love it so! NOT!!! You'd think it would be so much easier without Alana being here, but its still a pain. Justin is home and I think he uses each towel one time.

Hope you all have a great sunday and I'll talk to you's soon.

Hugs,
Dianne
Old 10-13-2002, 06:10 PM   #34  

Es,
Manhunter was a movie based on the book RED DRAGON.

Then the movie, Silence..., was made in 1990 with Hopkins and was such a success (Best Picture, best actor and best actress) that they decided to make a sequal 10 years later with the book Hannible and then they decided to make a remake of Manhunter now called Red Dragon, after the book, using the best Hannible the Cannible ever, Anthony Hopkins. Can you tell I love these characters.
I am sure the weight was from the Chinese Food. It does hold the water. It will be gone fast. Drink lots of water.
I gained 2 in the last few weeks. It is from not exercising due to my back and the kids being off. We went out a lot and ate. Getting serious NOW!!!!

Dianne,
I am so happy that Willy is doing better. I don't blame you for being mad.
Go see Sweet Home Alabama too. So cute. Moonlight Mile is the Dustin Hoffman movie. I am seeing that next.

I had three bad experiences the last 3 times I went to the movie. When we went to see Signs teens came in and sat up front and were so rude. They were yelling across the aisles at each other. Bruce went out twice to complain. The manager finally came in and threatened them that they would be kicked out and finally they settled down. I went home and kissed Brittany.
The second time there was so much commotion in the hallway outside the theater that I missed the words in the first scene of Red Dragon and I had to go up and shut the door.
This last time Britts and I were the only 2 people there at this time and 2 people came in and they HAD TO SIT right behind us and over a bit. An empty theater and they had to sit by us.
When Red Dragon started this time the guy started tapping his foot (must be a nervous geture) and I kept turning around and then she had her foot on the seat in front of her and started shaking her foot and vibrating the seats we were in. I loudly said, "Let's move Brittany, these people are rude." We went to
2 rows in front of us and I bravely said, when the movie was over, "Wait til' they leave and then we will get up."
I am seriously thinking of waiting for DVD's to come out and watch on our 53 in. TV with surround sound. It is way better than a theater anyway but I can't wait that long.
The subs are 7 points depending what you put on them.
I put lettuce, tomatoes and the teriaki sauce they have.
Here's the website. They have a lot of subs under 6 grams of fat.
http://www.subway.com/
I hate the towel situation here too. Where do they all go?
Like the "other sock" and the hangers.

Jen,
Bruce loved all the books. My mom is on the Red Dragon now and I get it when she is done. Brittany read all the books except for Red Dragon. I am doing the closets in another month. It is in the 70's now and will stay that way til probably Nov. It is very comfortable now.

Hi everybody.
Terri
Old 10-13-2002, 08:03 PM   #35  

Exclamation

Hi Girls

I just downloaded AOL.8.0. Jen & Dianne, it takes about 1 1/2. It's worth it.

Goodnight
Old 10-13-2002, 08:23 PM   #36  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Default Another Sunday night.....

I want to know something. Where do the weekend go??? I mean, it's Sunday night already and I feel like it was JUST Friday!! I just don't get it.

Terri ~ Brought your own cheese?? Wow, that sure is staying OP! I usually just have my Subway without cheese but your way is better. And don't you just hate rude people?? We usually sit right in front of someone who is either CRUNCHING loudly or talking through the entire movie. Oh, and you lose hangers too?? I thought I was the only one.....they must elope with the socks.

Es ~ I went food shopping today too. There we were (Greg comes with me), Greg reading the label to me while I figure out the points. It's one of our "do it together" things.

Jen ~ Can you come do my closets when you're done? Ha!! I am dreading it but yesterday was 85 degrees. This coming week is supposed to be cooler but no heat on yet.

Dianne ~ Thank God that Willie is okay. What a scare for you both. Oh, and our cruise is booked and paid for so I really have to be good now. We go 2/9 - 2/16. I think I can be at my goal by then or darn close to it. Sending you some motivation girlfriend.......right at ya.

Starting tomorrow, I am going to eat on the low side of my points for the entire week. Not that I've been bad but I've eaten WAY up to the high number, possibly over by a few on Saturday. (but I think golf was exercise, right??)

Well, gotta run. I want to watch the Jackie Gleason movie that's on tonight. I just love the Honeymooners!!! This means I'll be taping shows while I watch. Have a wonderful Monday my friends.

TTFN
Me <><
Old 10-13-2002, 08:26 PM   #37  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Oh, I almost forgot.....I won 2 trophy's at the golf tournament!!! Once for longest putt (my 3rd time for this one) and one for closest to the pin. Woo Hoo.....I should take this game up

later...
Me <><
Old 10-13-2002, 09:22 PM   #38  

Hi Buddies,

I am trying to get back in the swing of things. I would love it so much to hang out with you here more often.

The big news is that last week we moved my mother back into her own house. I never thought she would walk again after her car accident, let alone that she could ever be this independent again. She has the equivalent of the "First alert" system, and she wears a bracelet with a button to call for help if she is alone and in trouble. The local council on aging provides a weekly trip to the market and also transportation to medical appointments. I am still bound to visit her lots, of course, and so will my brother. What a change! We have had four years of lots of agony and disappointments. I have to admit that I had a hard time keeping the faith that she could achieve what she wanted. For now, I am just so thankful for the present!

Dianne,
I hope Willie is doing well. That had to be quite a scare for both of you. I am getting concerned about Mike, my husband's, stress level too. We need to teach our guys how to take care of themselves.

We finally saw "My big fat Greek Wedding". What a delightful movie! I could see it again, no problem.

I am hoping to start WW meetings again, I can go to an early one on Friday mornings before I go to work. I'll try to keep you all posted. You are in my thoughts. I hope all is well.

Sandy
Old 10-14-2002, 09:08 AM   #39  

CONGRATULATIONS ZOE!!!!!!!!!!!!
What fun news. Hangers eloping with the sock.

If your motivation and enthusiasm stays you will be there with no problem. You will have so much fun.
I didn't get a chance to see the Jacki Gleason movie. How was Brad Garrett? I love him on Raymond. The previews looked amazing. He is actually almost a foot taller than Jackie Gleason and they had to raise everyone else up.

Hi Sandy.
Welcome back. Missed you. BFGW was a cute movie. I can't wait until it comes on DVD. It has been in the theaters since May or June. It just sat there and waited and then exploded.
Good luck with WW. I know you will do well.

Es,
Your post was way over my head.

Hope everyone has a good Monday. As good as Mondays can be anyway.

Terri
Old 10-14-2002, 10:47 AM   #40  
Queen of the Fresh Start

That's one of the reasons I don't go to the movies anymore, there is no way I'm going to put up with all that. Plus, I get "antsy" and sometimes can't sit thru a whole movie without a break, so it's much more convenient to watch them at home; snuggled up, shoes off...etc.
Last time I went to the show was last December with Jess to see Mel in What Women Want...had to see him on the big screen

Dianne,
You go!!! Way to go on saying that to Willie's boss. Like a mother bear defending her cubs...sometimes we have to be that way.
Yep, I'm still doing Joey's laundry but I really don't mind. He owes me some hangers, tho! Seems like they leave and never return.

Sandy,
That news about your Mom is just great; she has come a long way. Keep up your positive attitude

Zoe,
Congrats on the great golfing! You could be famous, give Tiger a run for his money. Your cruise is approaching quickly, how nice to be on it for Valentine's Day.

Terri,
I thought the Gleason movie was good; Brad Garrett did an excellent job of portraying him. I remember all of us watching his show every week. I loved the June Taylor dancers! How is your back? Did you go to a chiropractor?

Es,
I downloaded the new 8.0 version on Friday. The new mail features are great, can weed out the junk.

Lots to do today, I'll stop by later.

Have a fantastic Monday!!!

~Jen
Old 10-14-2002, 11:17 AM   #41  

Thumbs up

TESTING!!!

2 posts have disappeared. I GIVE UP!!!!!

BE BACK TOMORROW.

Last edited by EsRios426; 10-14-2002 at 11:40 AM.
Old 10-14-2002, 01:40 PM   #42  

HI everyone,
Can't "talk" long I have spanish class in 1 hr and I haven't done my tarea (homework) yet.
Just to let you all know the pathologist's report said that it was a lipoma. A fatty cyst which is not dangerous. SIGH!!!! Went up to the north coast to celebrate. Ate too much of coarse but I needed to let go for a couple of days.

More later. Trabajo nessicito!

JanieD
Old 10-14-2002, 06:04 PM   #43  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Janie,
that's such great news.....big sigh of relief, right?
congrats,
love,
~Jen
Old 10-14-2002, 07:26 PM   #44  

Hi ladies,

Did you girls have a good weekend? I did get the majority of my house cleaned. It looks so much better than it has looked for the last few months. I didn't do any studying so, I guess I didn't over exert myself.

JANIE, that is great news!! You definitely needed to unwind for a few days!!! I had a lipoma recently, in the middle of my forehead. I decided to have the dermatologist remove it, well, she must have not only taken the fat, but she must have taken out some of the flesh too, now I have a small intention in my forehead. I think that will be the last thing I do for vanity's sake!!!

We didn't get to watch the Jackie Gleason show. We live in a military town, so Maurice had quite a few friends that moved away when he was a teenager. He has spent the last 18 years wondering about a friend of his named Stan. Well last night, right before the movie came on, we recieved a phone call from my brother-in-law that the father of Maurice's friend Stan was in town looking for Maurice. So, we ended up going to visit them at their motel room. He got the address and phone number for Stan and spent over an hour on the phone with him last night. I was really thrilled for him! Hey, now he wants to vacation in California!!! I can go for that, of course, it will probably be a few years before we can get out there.

SANDY, what wonderful news about your mom. I know the past few years have been rough, but your faith paid off. I completely understand the times when your faith was tested, we have all been there, sometimes, more than we would like to be.

Do most of you have AOL? I have compuserve, which is owned by AOL, could I put you ladies on my buddie list?

DIANNE, you go girl!!! LOL I don't blame you for hanging up on his boss! Tell Willie to take care of himself!!

Hi ES, ZOE, & TERRI

take care
Ruth
Old 10-14-2002, 07:28 PM   #45  

Sandy,
Great news about your mom.

Janie,
Congrats on the news. I have one of those on my back. I will have it removed some day. I'll bet you are sooo relieved.

Thanks Jen,
My back is getting better. I actually did treadmill today.
I loved the Honeymooners and Jackie's variety show in Miami. I loved when the camera went toward the shoreline. Can you imagine living like Alice?

Bruce is in Houston and he had a dinner tonight with O'Keefe (Administrator to all of NASA from Washington, John Young (Moon astronaut and Shuttle Astronaut) and this afternoon he was at Space Congress thingy and he met Valerie Harper. He called like a little kid and whispered in his phone "Guess who I just shook hands with?" It was so cute.

TTYL,
Terri
Closed Thread